- Great condo and location! We were amazed by the view and what a location. We only needed to walk about 1 minute to the best snorkeling on the island! We loved the layout and decor, and the wall of floor to ceiling window and sliding glass door with plantation shutters. The view with that wall of glass open, was amazing! Thank you for a great place to stay for our 20th wedding anniversary.
- Mary and Bill
*Affordable and beautiful
*Remodeled in 2000 and has been meticulously maintained since!
*Sea turtles can be seen swimming around from the lanai and, occasionally, you will spot a whale (November through April) or a dolphin.
*Fully equipped condo has everything you will need to create a memorable Hawaiian vacation.
*Washer & dryer in the condo
*Elevator accessible. more »
Kuhio Shores is ocean front in beautiful Poipu on the Kauais South Shore. This is a location of magnificent sunsets, where you may watch surfers and sea turtles from your lanai or snorkel and surf at Lawai Beach right next door. Prince Kuhio Park is located across the street. Kuhio Shores is roughly a 5-minute walk from Baby Beach, a unique, quiet beach thats fun for kids.
Youll enjoy the sound of the ocean from every room in these vacation rentals. Cook dinner in the fully equipped kitchen and dine on the lanai or visit the
Beach House Restaurant next door for a Pacific Rim food experience with locally grown ingredients.
All of Kuhio Shores vacation condos are accessible by elevators and have easy access to free parking.
Not far down the road is Allerton Garden (Lwai Kai) managed by the National Tropical Botanical Gardens (NTBG). This garden paradise has been transformed via the hands of an Hawaiian Queen, a sugar plantation magnate and, most significantly, an artist and an architect. A series of garden rooms unfold between the Lwai Stream and the cliffs of the Valley. The sound of water is in abundance in pools, miniature waterfalls, and fountains. Towering rainforest trees with tall curving roots grow near bronze mermaids, a grove of swaying golden bamboo, a cut-flower garden, and tropical fruit trees. Here, the focus is on landscape design, but among the plantings are botanically important species of the tropics, including varieties of palms, ki (ti), heliconias, orchids, and gingers. Nearby, 252-acre McBride Garden, also managed by NTBG, has the largest collection of native Hawaiian plants in the world.
Across the road from the gardens Visitors Center is Spouting Horn. This is where water from the waves shoot several stories into the air through a blow-hole in the lava rock. Souvenir shoppers can also hit the arts and crafts market in the park.
From Kuhio Shores, you can also walk to Kukuiula Shopping Center within 15 minutes. There you will find a variety of shops and restaurants and the Wednesday afternoon Farmers Market.
Seasonal Whale Watching
View turtles from the lanai
Washer and Dryer in unit
Cable TV in living room and bedroom
High Speed Wireless Internet
Ceiling Fans in every room
Lawai Beach next door
Fully equipped kitchen
Complimentary Island Soap and CandleWorks toiletries
Starter kit of Kauai Coffee Company coffee and condiments provided
Starter kit of paper and cleaning products such as toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. provided
All linens including beach towels provided
Master Bedroom: queen bed
Transient accommodations tax id number:w00675228-01.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: Oceanfront
- Fishing: 1 min walk to at property
- Food/Wine: 1 min walk to Beach House Restaurant next door
- Surfing: 1 min walk to at beach next door
- Golf: 5 min drive to Kiahuna and Poipu Bay Golf
- SCUBA/Snorkeling: 1 min walk to beach next door
- 1 Bedroom Condo
- 1 full bathroom
- Ocean View
- Number of Floors: 1
- Beach Towels
- Ceiling Fans
- Deck Furniture
- Iron/Ironing Board
- 1 queen bed
- Beach Chairs
- Bath Tub
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Stove Top Burner
- Ice Maker
- Garbage Disposal
- Coffee Maker
- Wireless Internet
- Internet Access
- High Speed Internet Access
- Satellite/Cable Television
- DVD Player
- Local Calls Included
- Handicapped Access
- No Pets
- Child Friendly
- No Smoking
- Elderly Friendly
- Mountain Biking
- Maximum Occupancy: 2 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 1 car
- 850 sq ft
- Rating: 4
- Just wanted to say thank you for all your help & coordination with our stay here at Kuhio Shores! I just can't believe how fast two weeks have come and gone! Now, its time to say good-bye and head back home. Everything was great here in unit #208. The views and sounds of the constant ocean were amazing!! We really enjoyed our stay and everything was great as far as our accommodations! I also wanted to send an additional 'THANK YOU' again for the special goodies we were able to get in on! Those being the $300 gift card to the Anara Spa over at the incredible Grand Hyatt! That went to good use on a couples massage we took advantage of, as well as the $100 gift card to the Beach House restaurant! Again, put to good use for a wonderful dinner! These special additions were awesome and greatly appreciated and only made our vacation that much more enjoyable!! Again, thanks for everything. Please feel free to contact me at the number below should you need to for anything. Mahalo! And will definitely look to this place and unit again for future visits to Kauai! This is a beautiful island and its always hard to leave, but we will be back!
- The team at Great Vacation Retreats were a welcoming, efficient and knowledgeable group to work with. Kuhio Shores is a great location. If you don't like listening to the ocean don't stay there It's right on the ocean. The only way to get closer is to be in it! The condo had everything we needed-- storage for all our stuff, lots of cooking equipment, and a washer dryer. The furniture and bed were comfortable.
Location of rental in Poipu
PRIVATE CALENDAR — Please submit this form to check availability for your dates:
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site. For information on Vacation Rental Travel Insurance click here.