- We had a 16-day family vacation in March with our 4 children and spouses and 9 grandchildren to celebrate my husband's retirement. This was a perfect house w/guest house and adjacent Makanui Bungalow next door for our large group. It was a good location (short walking distance to the beach) to suit everyone's needs. However, the house and pool were the main attractions for the family; highlighted with the recently remodeled interior that opened up the entire living space making it perfect for family meals and gathering. We had toured the house previously when we booked it over a year ago and believe me this remodel was a bonus we didn't except. Also the repairs and updates to the pool and outdoor area are a nice addition with more to come. We had a great time playing pool volleyball and pool train on boogie boards for the little ones as well as spending most of our time lounging by the pool. During our stay they were still working on outdoor landscaping that will be fabulous when complete. We had the opportunity to meet the new owners (wonderful couple) while there and hear about their further plans. The landscaping crew was very considerate of our family so we didn't feel imposed upon. Plus, we enjoyed watching the progress. The best part of the remodel is the 20 foot tall bi-fold wall of windows that completely open up the indoor and outdoor living space. In addition, the staff at Great Vacation Retreats is wonderful to work with and catered to our every needs for beach gear and activities. Most of the complaints about the property from previous reviewers (pre-remodel) have now been addressed and exceeded our expectations. We wouldn't hesitate to rent again if we planned another large family group vacation. This would also be an ideal place for 3 or 4 couples or more with wanting to share a vacation with the privacy of their own pool and feeling of home.
Lei Ohana Main HouseAdd to Wish List
*Private, fully furnished house has a fenced in yard with beautiful landscaping
*Eating area and BBQ by the pool
*Main residence has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a den for an additional sleeping area
*Comfortable living room and separate dining area
*Ohana (Guest House) has ocean views, a built-in murphy bed, full kitchen, bathroom and laundry.
*Ohana (guest home) separate from the home for plenty of privacy
*Located in a residential neighborhood, at the end of a private cul-de-sac in sunny Poipu
You will love being centrally located so close to beaches, restaurants and shopping. Located in Poipu, just a 10-minute walk to Poipu Beach, yet you are located up on the Crater at the end of a very quiet road. more »
You will feel like you are away from it all. Lei Ohana is fully equipped with everything you need to relax and enjoy your special time on the Garden Isle.
Rent the Main house by itself, or rent both the Main House and Guest together. There is also the Makanui Bungalow next door you can rent as well.
Can you imagine yourself spending your vacation in a beautiful home on the Island of Kauai? Vacation home rentals are the best way to enjoy a truly relaxing, rewarding and budget-friendly family vacation whether you are looking for a getaway or a family reunion. This is a wonderful way to create lasting memories.
Vacation homes supply you with the room for relaxation after a long day of Kauai-style adventure while offering unique amenities and services for an enjoyable, stress-free holiday. A vacation home provides plenty of room for a family or a group of friends to not only have their own space, but areas for getting together to eat meals, play games or just spend time with one another. And, for some, vacation homes are a vacation unto themselves.
Some vacation home rentals have private pools, spas, lanais, beach access, large rooms, yards for dining, visiting or playing games, game rooms with foosball and ping pong, full kitchens and indoor and outdoor dining areas, entertainment and electronic amenities, and WiFi internet access. There is always something comforting about being in your own home. By renting a private home, the "home away from home" feeling will definitely be a benefit where you can relax and enjoy.
There is no doubt, you will have more privacy when you stay in a private home versus a condo or hotel room. You will experience the peace and quiet of not having neighbors right above you or next to you on the other side of the wall.
By renting a private home, youre able to save money in many ways. For example, while you are on vacation and staying on Kauai, there is the opportunity to prepare and eat meals in your own house. The vacation home can be a great alternative to a cruise while still creating those life-long memories for everyone.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: 10 min walk to 10 minute walk to Poipu Beach
- 3 Bedroom Private Home
- 3 full bathrooms
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Garden View
- Pool View
- Another Rental on Property
- Ceiling Fans
- Outdoor Furniture
- Beach Towels
- Fenced Yard
- 1 king bed
- 2 queen beds
- 1 futon bed
- Private Pool
- Bath Tub
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Ice Maker
- Garbage Disposal
- Coffee Maker
- Stove Top Burner
- High Speed Internet Access
- Wireless Internet
- Dialup/DSL Internet Access
- DVD Player
- Local Calls Included
- No Smoking
- Elderly Friendly
- Child Friendly
- No Pets
- Horse Riding
- Maximum Occupancy: 6 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 2 cars
- 2596 sq ft
- Great Place to Stay!
- The house is set up perfect for three couples! We all had our own space. The updates to the house are great. We had the opportunity to meet the owners and talk about more updates to come! Would stay here again in a heatbeat.
- We rented the main house, guest house, and bungalow next door for our family of 18. Main house and guesthouse was amazing. Guest house was a beautiful retreat and getaway for us. Main house was wonderful for all 18 for games, meals, visiting, swimming... and just hanging out. Loved the renovated pool and the folding glass doors out to the deck, patio, and pool... So cool! Very spacious. The owners and Great Vacation Retreats personnel were all wonderful and helpful! I would highly recommend this vacation paradise! It is walking distance to beaches. The grounds are just freshly landscaped.
Location of rental in Poipu
PRIVATE CALENDAR: Submit this form to check availability or call (800) 978-3594
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site.