- We were staying for 7 days at the Wailea Sunstet Bungalow with our 10 year old doughter. We enjoyed and liked best the location, view, privacy, comfort, sunsets, snorkling, ..... The bungalow was very well equipped, we got familiar at once and enjoyed all the accessories we faced. Perfect BBQ, nice kitchen, outside shower, even chopsticks where there ;-) The close distance to some of the nicest beaches of Maui was a blast. Daily we went to Big Beach or just the next one for Body Surfing, Boogie Boarding or snorkling. There were always plenty turtles around. One evening we joined the Grand Luau at the Grand Wailea Hotel. This was excepitonal and we can recommend the Show, the food and the drinks. As we enjoyed staying at the Bungalow so much, we decided do skip excursions like the road to Hana or driving up to the Haleakala. We spent some days bevore on Big Island and saw plenty of Volcano and Rain Forest, so it was ok to skip the sights of Maui. The only place we went on the Island beside Kihei and Wailea / Makena was Lahaina, what we liked a lot. The only complain we have about the Sunset Bungalow and Maui is the long distance from our home country Germany. An exhausting trip to go - but worth it! Mahalo and Aloha
Wailea Sunset BungalowAdd to Wish List
The Wailea Sunset Bungalow was just lovingly re-freshed with live green plants, new paint, carpet, drapery, lamps, solar shades, and new beautiful solid honey teak bedroom furniture - all completed as of July 2011. We also added larger flat panel televisions in the living room and the master bedroom, along with iPod docks, new DVD players and many other useful upgrades. Please enjoy the updated comforts of this quintessential ideal vintage beach cottage!
The Wailea Sunset Bungalow is a little piece of heaven on earth. more »
The Wailea Sunset Bungalow is a vintage cottage with charming nostalgic ambiance reminiscent of Hawaii of yester-year. Choose the Wailea Sunset Bungalow and experience seaside living as it was before the introduction of mega-mansions to our tropical island paradise.
This is not new construction. We make every effort to provide comfortable furniture, abundant electronics, and useful amenities. The 2 bedroom and 1 bath Bungalow has an outdoor hot tub spa, air conditioning in all rooms, iPod dock, multiple televisions, high speed wireless internet access, four padded outdoor chaise lounge chairs, hammock, indoor and outdoor dining, and best of all, a simply priceless location nestled between 2 sandy swimming beaches.
Guests of the Bungalow may enjoy their own private hot tub under the stars with panoramic views of the turquoise ocean and crimson sunsets. From time to time when a south swell is generated in the South Pacific, some smaller waves break along the shoreline. A verdant manicured sprawling green grass lawn frames the properly perfectly.
The Bungalow has a gated entry, a comfortable living room with plenty of seating and fabulous floor to ceiling sweeping ocean views, indoor and outdoor dining, additional outdoor hot & cold outdoor garden shower, washer and dryer, iron and board, fully equipped kitchen, a propane BBQ grill, beach chairs and towels, and many other amenities to provide you with life long memories of a terrific sea-side holiday.
One bathroom is conveniently placed between the 2 bedrooms. There are 3 televisions, one in each bedroom each with a DVD player, and a separate CD player and iPod dock in the master bedroom. Tiki torches add romance to an already amazing setting. Nothing but your hammock, hot tub and a sprawling manicured grass lawn come between your cottage and the beautiful blue Pacific ocean.
Stroll just one block to sandy swimming beaches (Polo Beach or Palauea White Rock Beach) or swim, snorkel, scuba dive, boogie board, surf or kayak directly from the shore in front of the Bungalow.
The Fairmont Kealani Resort, Cafe Ciao Deli and Store, Four Seasons Resort, Wailea Blue Golf Club, Mulligan's Irish Pub, and other upscale restaurants and shops in the swanky new Shops at Wailea are just a few easy blocks away. Hike over one block to the pick up a pizza or fresh pastries from the Fairmont Kealani Deli and dine leisurely back home on your own private ocean front deck.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: Oceanfront
- 2 Bedroom Cottage
- 1 full bathroom
- Ocean View
- A/C in 4 rooms
- Ceiling Fans
- 1 king bed
- 2 twin beds
- Hot Tub
- Additional Outdoor Shower
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Fax Machine
- Internet Access
- Satellite/Cable Television
- DVD Player
- No Smoking
- Maximum Occupancy: 4 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 1 car
- 1000 sq ft
- Coffee maker
- Toaster oven
- Campfire pit near edge of ocean
- Large manicured grass lawn
- What an adorable beach house with the most perfect view of the ocean! Just like the larger Estate house we had rented next door, this home was beautifully decorated and well equipped. I would love to come back just to sleep in the king sized bed that the kids described at a feeling like a great big pillow. Mahalo.
Vivian S., Prince George, British Columbia, 3.14.10
- what we liked best (other than the location)- was how fully equipped the kitchen was, all the extra towels, etc, just seemed like you thought of everything to make it the home away from home! advice to someone else staying here would be, you don't need to bring much of anything other than yourself --- don't need beach towels, ipod stereo dock, shampoo, pillows (they were great, as well as the beds), .... etc. I'd also advise to take the walk along shore on the path that goes by all the resorts --- nice walk for the evening & to have a cocktail before the sunsets at the four seasons -- didn't realize what a pretty walk & how short & easy it was until our last night. It was a perfect place for our family, we like to cook & my little guy had room to wiggle outdoors without any trouble. thank you for a terrific place to stay! we'll definitely pass the word along. Jaimee Hatt
Jaimee H., Seattle, WA, 11.17.09
Location of rental in Wailea
PRIVATE CALENDAR: Submit this form to check availability or call (800) 825-0167
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site.