- Beautiful, charming home and property. Perfectly located. ideal for our family of 4 couples and 2 small children. Immaculately kept ,considering the age of the house! Great costumer service from VRA. Yes we'll come back, yes We'll recommend it. The broken dishwasher was an inconvenience, since we love to home cook every day, but those things can happen and be fixed. I took one star only because the dining room sits 6 when the house sleeps 8-10, and the amazing back yard with it's breathtaking views (we caught a full moon) could be more user friendly in the evenings with more torches or some kind of lighting that doesn't disturb the marine life, and also a table that could seat us all!!! We had one of the most beautiful family vacations, and the house had a lot to do with it. Thank You!!
Classic Lanikai oceanfront estate with white sandy beach and over 104 linear feet along a brilliant Turquoise sea. Spectacular ocean, mountain, and direct views of the Mokulua Islands from this lovely 4-bedroom/3-bath home and a spacious 18,376 SF landscaped lot creates a stunning private residence with swaying palm trees. New features include: kitchen & appliances, cabinets, granite counters, bathroom fixtures, ceilings fans, and professional tropical landscaping. more »
Master Suite with direct oceanfront lanai sitting area, where you can enjoy breathtaking sunrises and the sound of the ocean.
Tropical designer furnishings, artwork, and accessories complete this Island paradise on beautiful Lanikai Beach. Swim, snorkel, kayak, windsurf and watch the turtles from your oceanfront yard. This exceptional property creates an Island lifestyle that is nothing less than perfect where you can enjoy Lanikai - Heaven by the Sea.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO CONSTANT CURRENT OF THE OCEAN THERE MIGHT BE NO SANDY BEACH IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE. Ocean Access and sometimes beach access through steps w/railing from property when tides permit. Sandy beach in front of property is not guaranteed.
Tax #: W00099504-01.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: Oceanfront
- 4 Bedroom Private Home
- 3 full bathrooms
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Garden View
- Ceiling Fans
- 2 king beds
- 2 queen beds
- 1 futon bed
- Additional Outdoor Shower
- Bath Tub
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Internet Access
- Satellite/Cable Television
- DVD Player
- Child Friendly
- No Smoking
- Maximum Occupancy: 10 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 3 cars
- 2697 sq ft
- Beautiful setting and a spacious informal home with nice Indonesian furniture. The booking agent was responsive and fixed a plumbing problem that we should have noticed earlier. Nice swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking and beautiful beach and view right outside the door. definitely hike up to the pill box for a spectalular view
Kenneth S., Seattle, WA, 4.13.09
- Three stars is an underestimated choice. The location of Sunrise Retreat is AWESOME. Depending on the tides, you had your own little piece of paradise outside your back door. House was lovely, but not the one we originally chose. The space was a bit cramped for 11 people. The attached cottage shouldn't be rented until the whole area is gutted and refinished. Dirty, old, bathroom. Kitchen okay but not very clean. Fortunately, we all stayed in the big house and we only used the cottage for sleeping quarters. Customer service was good and the location in Lanakai was great. Great shops and restaurants (although we only ate out once locally at Buzz's and a couple of times at Teddy's). Great photo ops everywhere including a spot where Peter Lik took an amazing shot from our beach, taking in the two islands opposite. Great, safe location for children (needs to be supervision around the beach). Lots of local dogs being walked on a relatively quite public beach which is great for human walking too. You can snorkle right off the beach where there is a lot of coral deposits. Saw a sea turtle swim by right outside Sunrise Retreat. Take recycled items to the local Elementary school for their fundraising. Great idea I wished we had here in Canada. Put garbage out the night before otherwise it won't get taken. They pick up REALLY early. Water park, Sea life park, Catamaran sail and quick visits to Waikiki were our highlights. Don't miss Hanama Bay for snorkling - but go very early to get a parking spot. Only one group went to the Polynesian Village and said it was superb. Had a great time although it was expensive. Great holiday..would love to stay in Lanakai again, but not this house with this many people (2 bathrooms for 11 - not good). The Hayday, Petersons & Stayko families.
Rosemarie H., Sturgeon County, AB, 4.6.08
Comment by Owner/Manager:
Thank you for your comments! The bathroom sink was old and has since been replaced with a new sink and vanity which freshens the look entirely. There is 2697sqft of interior living space and bedding enough for 10 people. Overall cleanliness has been addressed with our housekeepers as well. Trash pick up is very early in the morning so we advise all guests to take trash to the curb the night before. Upon check-in, our property manager spends upwards of 30 minutes explaining the nuanaces of the home. There is also a binder in the home with the specifics on the home as well as information on the area amenities. We do hope that you visit again in the future and experience the wonderful changes that you have helped to bring about!
Location of rental in Lanikai
PRIVATE CALENDAR — Submit this form to check availability for your dates
or call (800) 853-0787 and talk to an expert now:
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site. For information on Vacation Rental Travel Insurance click here.