- Lanikai vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 313
Lanikai vacation reviews
- What a great way to visit Hawaii. Located in Lanikai on the east side of Ohau, this unit was absolutely beautiful and our hosts could not have been more accommodating and helpful. They went out of their way to ensure we received first class service and they delivered, right down to fresh baked goodies, beach towels always dried and laundered, beach chairs and umbrella, coolers for picnics, and so much more that made our stay a total joy. Proximity to the beach is excellent--just a few minutes walk to silky white sand and clear turquoise water.
Alan H., Camrose, AB, 2.9.16
- Kepola (and her husband) were very attentive to our needs and made sure our visit to Lanikai was wonderful. The house is right on the water, and we were able to swim right out back when it wasn't high tide. There are rocks in the water but we wore "water shoes" and they worked fine. The house is not updated but is a good house for the beach area because you don't have to worry as much about being in wet bathing suits or dragging some sand into the house. It had all we needed for supplies in the kitchen and beach toys and towels. The pool is also a really nice amenity, although we swam in the ocean more of the time. We cooked in most nights and enjoyed the expansive view of the ocean. Kepola's husband even provided kayaks for us, right to the door (for an additional fee). Access to the beach is a few houses down the road, but very easy to get to. We even had my 92 year old mother-in-law with us and she uses a walker and got around the house just fine. One bedroom and bathroom have separate entrances from the main part of the house, but our son stayed in that room. We would definitely rent the house again, and it rained almost everyday while we were there!
Anne L., Centennial, CO, 1.31.16
- Hale Onekea was a gem. Sylvia was there to greet us when we arrived and was pleasantly present during our four-day stay. She ensured our beach and shower towels would be washed whenever needed, put out fresh home-baked goodies each evening and ensured she would do whatever she could to ensure we had a five star stay. The bathroom was completely stocked with quality products/utilities/accessories right down to new toothpaste. The kitchen/fridge/pantry were missing nothing. The space is large, there is a gorgeous, jetted tub bathroom, and she even had fresh cut flowers for a centrepiece. You'll find hibiscus, plumeria and many others on your way into the beautiful rental. We will be back. Thank you Sylvia and family!
Erin P., North Vancouver, BC, 1.26.16
- The property was perfect for our family! The fences around the pool and sea wall made it safe for the young one, and Shane the property manager was so friendly and helpful. Bronson the agent helped us find this wonderful property, and we didn't want to leave! The sounds of the waves, swimming at Lanakai and Kailua beach, mountain and ocean views...perfect! The Moya family Bar Harbor , Maine
Frank M., Bar Harbor, ME, 1.16.16
- Loved the location! Sitting out and watching the waves and being able to see the Mokes and Flat Island is great. We could paddle out directly from the house to Flat Island. Traffic in Lanikai is getting bad, which makes leaving the house in late afternoon tricky. Recommend renting bicycles. Beach chairs/boogie boards/grill, etc. were great House had a lot of space. Property Manager was very attentive to any problem. We didn't have hot water in 2 showers and it was remedied within a day or 2. Kitchen could use a little updating, dishwasher was functional, but just barely. Need to have recycling can inside house. Would love to see a guest notebook giving house helpful hints about garbage/recycling/plumbing issues, etc. Also a place where guests can write their own experiences and recommendations. We will be back again! Thanks so much!
Carrie R., Greenwood Village, CO, 1.10.16
- This is an exquisite house and land setting. The perimeter is very secure and you easily enter a relaxing and beautiful home and outdoor area. The living area is a wonderful mix of fine interior, outdoor covered patio, pool and the backyard area. The art is lovely and island appropriate. We spent most of our time inside the compound as the outside of Lani Kai is very busy... especially with President Obama in town!! Nevertheless, Lani Kai's magical beach is a few steps away across the street. We were glad NOT to be staying right on the beach. Would love to return to this restful and luxurious spot in the future.
Steve R., Seattle, WA, 1.4.16
- We couldn't have asked for a better hostess or location for our first visit to Oahu. We thoroughly enjoyed being on the quieter side of the island with such close proximity to the beach (we enjoyed several sunrise beach walks). The design on this space is perfect, so I could fall asleep early in the bedroom portion while my husband stayed up later on the couch. Sylvia was a great hostess, providing recommendations for local and island-wide restaurants, hikes, driving trips, and even the best shop to buy our souvenirs. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Oahu and will recommend to others.
Mike N., Indianapolis, IN, 11.17.15
- The studio was very small but was all we needed since we were out siteseeing each day. Every thoughtful thing was provided from beach chairs, our own lounge chairs to end our day on, snorkel gear, beach towels etc. The bed was very comfortable with the little details there like high quality towels and toilet paper(don't know why but I always judge places on the quality of the t.p.). You really are steps from the most beautiful beach. If we return to Oahu we would definetly stay again in Lanakai Star.
Necia F., Fort worth, TX, 11.7.15
- This was a beautiful place to stay. It was a bit of a walk to the beach since the sandy beach is closer to Lanikai point. It suited our needs perfectly and provided a great space for the family to enjoy. I would return if possible and hated to leave.
Helen E., Firestone, CO, 10.30.15
- Great place for a family getaway! We love bed the ocean breezes, short walk to the beach & pool! The place was well equipped for cooking as well as beach and pool gear. We would definitely stay again!
Jill M., Forest Hill, MD, 8.17.15
- Great Home! Although the check in person didn't know the address (and it wasn't on all of the e-mails or on the internet)- we know why-- it is a great little secret that only those that want a relaxing inexpensive vacation on the beach should know about. So don't come.. One bathroom- allows for sharing and-planning (with 6 prima donna girls). Lots of thoughtful, unadvertised extras. -They didn't skimp on things to make it nice- like you just dropped by grandma's home- but grandma is out... We had a wheelchair so it is difficult to go up the 5 stair steps unless you have help. Normally we go out-and sightsee-- but the beach is the place to be.
Harunobu E., Cerritos, CA, 8.17.15
- Overall quality excellent, with wonderful ocean breezes in the a.m. until about 10, then again after about 4:00 when the temp begins going down. Unfortunately, often in between 10 am and 4 pm, it can get pretty hot in the house, and often not much breeze then. Beautiful house with everything you need in the kitchen etc, and very clean. Does have a double sea kayak (but is kind of hard to access it under the house and get it on its wheels to take down to the beach). Superb location, 10 min walk to access Lanika beach which is spectacular (but careful you can get scraped on the coral if you go at low tide beginning about 100 yards to the left of the access path). Booking agent was good, but after booking it, when I tried to contact them for low cost coupons and some questions, someone tried to get back to me once but never after that. All in all, between 4-5 stars, would definitely recommend. Also: Alaa Street, which you take to walk to the beach, has a mango tree right near the beginning of the street, which drops incredibly delicious mangoes every day--never need to buy a mango!!
David Z., Silver Spring, MD, 8.16.15
- I have nothing but wonderful and great things to say about this property, as well as my interactions and experience with the booking agent and property manager. My family and I stayed at this gorgeous home for one week and were so sad to leave. The home is spectacular and has three bedrooms and three bathrooms -- all of which are very separated and away from one another to allow for privacy. The pool and patios, along with the kitchen allowed us to feel right at home and have wonderful conversations. Lastly, the home is about one block away from the world famous all of which are very separated and away from one another to allow for privacy. The pool and patios, along with the kitchen allowed us to feel right at home and have wonderful conversations. Lastly, the home is about one block away from the world famous Lanikai Beach! I seriously cannot wait to go back again. You won't be disappointed!
Chris C., Boise, ID, 8.6.15
- Fantastic location right on the beach. Very small but we coped Ok. Agent, Kepola, was very helpful and friendly, great service
Mary H., Derby, ENG, 6.28.15
- I have stayed here several times & it is very convenient to the beach with easy access into town. Lots of windows & doors along with the ceiling fans make the place nice & breezy. Very clean, simple & comfortable!
Kyle D., West Covina, CA, 5.20.15
- The Ocean House Studio is perfect! This cozy cottage is a dream rental located perfectly in Lanikai and steps away from the beach! It was simple, tidy and clean. The customer service and management was excellent in making our stay full of hospitality and pure aloha. We would definitely book again! Our other friends and families have booked other rentals through alohabeachfrontrentals.com with much satisfaction and happiness with their stay. We will continue to refer to more friends and family.
- We loved staying here!!!
Christine B., Carlsbad, CA, 5.17.15
- Loved staying here. There's nothing better than falling asleep and waking up to the ocean breeze and the sound of waves. We saw turtles swimming every day. We will definitely come back!
Glenda S., Sydney, 5.11.15
- Hale Maluia was even more beautiful when we arrived! The lawn near the pool was bigger than anticipated and the privacy was perfection. The house really had everything we needed...can't wait to go back!!
Holley D., Vancouver, WA, 4.28.15
- Very nice and affordable unit. Guest services were very friendly and gave us lots of tips on things to do and basic local knowledge. Studio was very clean and had all the amenities we needed. The main house was not occupied so we were given permission to use the beachside lawn and deck. We enjoyed morning sunrise and sitting out on the deck in the afternoons after our day or sightseeing. We would recommend to others and look forward to coming back.
Thomas C., 4.9.15
- Although we can't fault the location or the price, and the owner was very nice, we had too many issues with the rental to want to recommend Ocean House Studio. "Rustic" is certainly an accurate description, as would be "Spartan." What little furniture there is is so shabby and rickety that we were hesitant to us it. The disintegrating bamboo carpet is a trip hazard. There is no dresser or nightstand and we had to provide our own coat hangers, bath mat, basic kitchen supplies and kleenex ( to be fair, the owner was happy to supply us with these items when she returned from off island, but by then we had obtained our own). The twin beds were thin mattresses on wooden platforms covered with sleazy rayon sheets that were so uncomfortably clammy that we went to Goodwill and bought cotton replacements, which we left on departure. The rental is subject to a serious termite infestation, each morning we'd find evidence of their activities in the bathroom sink and shower stall and under the beds. We also were visited by cockroaches, which found their way into the unit via gaps between the floorboards, some wide enough to see daylight through. Although the rental description clearly states that parking is included, we were instructed to park on the street, because the people renting the other, much more expensive unit on the property needed all the spaces for their cars. They also took up most of the street parking as well, forcing my wife and I to park far down the road, which is narrow and heavily travelled. Our neighbors with too many cars partied loudly and continually until long after midnight for most of the time we were there despite requests to tone it down. Finally, unlike most other beach rental we've encountered, this one has no provision for laundry, just a line hung under the eaves where there was little sun to dry wet bathing suits, but perfect exposure to the rain. There are other inexpensive alternatives to Ocean House Studio, and renters are advised to seek them.
Evan S., Portland, OR, 3.30.15
- Very nice. Clean, quiet, Amazing views. Only criticism: couldn't find a sponge or scrub brush for cleaning up in the kitchen.
Andrew M., New York, NY, 3.23.15
- For our first trip to Hawaii AND our first of 3 island stays, we could not have been more pleased with this lovely private studio apt. home away from home. This place is spotless, the bed and pillows so comfy and the place was so bright and cheery on all the rainy days we endured. We were spoiled with little surprise treats by our great hostess, Sylvia. The needs and comfort of guests has been well researched and everything is perfect here. We had lawn chairs and umbrellas, towels and every offer was extended to make us comfortable and prepare us for the next leg of our journey. The nearby beach was beautiful, and traffic and accessibility to all the places we visited was an easy stress free commute. We chose not venture into busy Honolulu or the famed Waikiki beach as we had the beauty and tranquility we needed. Sylvia provided a map and suggestions and we were so grateful to have the guidance and with that help visited many of the sites the island has to offer. Sylvia's warmth and hospitality lend a sense of caring you just don't find in a hotel. We went on to Maui and lastly to the Big Island on our extended journey. We have decided on a return visit we would choose Oahu and definitely return to this property. I'll remember the sky light over the bed as the magical moment of the trip. There was a remote to initiate a panel closure, but who would want to close out the view of the "moon" perfectly centered in the frame? I loved this place and our hostess. I work in hospitality and I give Sylvia and the Hale Onkea 5 stars! Thank you for the great memories. Jane
Jane S., Edmonton, AB, 3.21.15
- This was one of the most amazing beach houses we have stayed at. Only suggestion would be to have a throw to put over the white couches. I covered them so the kids wouldn't get them dirty. It was extremely well equipped with everything you need for the beach. Steven was wonderful. I would definatly rent it again.
Valerie M., Mesa, AZ, 3.21.15
- Loved the house. It was big, the bathrooms were abundant and it was a great property. The only complaint I had was that the picture when I procured the property was different than the real-life thing. It showed the house directly off the beach where you could walk out into the ocean and in reality, it had a 6 foot wall before the beach and you had to walk down the street about 8 houses to get to the beach. Other than that, it was perfect. It wasn't as clean as I would have preferred but with 20 people in the rental, it didn't stay clean anyway. The booking agent was great until I paid for the property and then I had a hard time getting her to respond to me. The property manager was perfect and she was there when we needed her and responded to our concerns when we had them. Our overall satisfaction was a 4. Thanks for a great trip. I would recommend this to anyone.
Maureen B., St. George, UT, 3.18.15
- This was a beautiful! Perfect distance from the beach - close! Lovely grotto pool. Everything was beautiful and clean. thanks for a lovely stay!
Rosene B., Anchorage, AK, 3.15.15
- Perfect location with all the comforts of home but even better.
Sandra M., Phoenix, AZ, 3.14.15
- The location of Lanikai Star can't be beat. Directly on the beach in a residential area. Walking distance to downtown Kailua. Yes, the unit is small but who needs to be indoors when you are in Hawaii. Our customer service rep, Kepola, was very helpful even when out of his way to check on us during a brief power outage. Thank you for everything.
Mary R., Watertown, WI, 2.24.15
- We loved our stay at Hale Sweet Hale. The location was perfection. The house was clean and cared for and well decorated. Close to all shopping in Kailua and of course, both Lanikai and Kailua beach. Love love loved it. We would definitely stay again!
Debbie J., Cold Lake, AB, 1.23.15
- The Hale Sweet Hale is a wonderful beach house, located just 6 houses down from the entrance to the beautiful Lanikai beach. The house is not fancy, but it met our needs. The kitchen is well stocked. There are great beach towels, 2 boogie boards, 3 beach chairs. No outdoor shower! One bathroom is a bit tight with 6 adults, but we managed. The pillbox hike trailhead is in walking distance. We would come again!
Ann V., Golden Valley, MN, 1.6.15
- Firstly overall the house is perfect if you have older children and generations of families or more than one family staying together - the main house has one large bedroom and bath. the other rooms are outside and so give great opportunity for private space. There are a lot of options for other private or communal space with seating areas so everyone can be together without feeling on top of each other. The location is fabulous - we have stayed in Lanikai and Kailua on several occasions - normally we have a lot of peace and quiet - Christmas week was very different - traffic into and out of Lanikai was terrible and it took a long time to get in and out - volume of traffic and the President being in town probably were the contributing factors. As with any rental there are things we would have liked to have seen differently. We were not met at the property which was surprising so it took a while for us to locate things and figure out a few hitches (no hot water/leaking bath tub etc). However the agent was helpful over the phone and someone did fix things promptly. Pool was incredibly cold and was not usable - although very clean! we understand this is the winter months but you just couldn't get close to using it. Not enough Towels in the property - we did wash them every couple of days but would have been nice to have some extras. Bedding in the room with the twin beds was worn and the elastic gone - couldn't keep it on the mattress overnight. I would rent the house again - the layout and location made it spectacular.
Karen M., Pleasanton, CA, 1.4.15
- Hi, We very much enjoyed our stay in the Ocean Treehouse, and appreciated the quick replies and assistance provided when booking. Our only very minimal issue was that there wasn't any laundry detergent. Since we are requested to wash towels along the way, it would have been nice to know this before starting a load (and running out to purchase some). Other than that, it was very nicely stocked. One thing that should also probably be noted is the fact that the outdoor garbage cans were full when we arrived. Not sure if this is an isolated incident, or if perhaps the neighbors use the cans for the house instead of their own. Thanks for the hospitality.
Malia L., San Francisco, CA, 9.3.14
- Our host was a delight spoiling us daily with self made gluten free treats! She also prepared a detailed list of restaurants near buy and things of interest on the island, which we very much appreciated being foreigners. The apartment was more beautiful than imagined, very well designed and equipped. The place was spotless, the bed very comfortable and lots of towels available which was greatly appreciated. The best part is however the location- the beach is one of the best in Hawaii and we went all around the island to verify this! We highly recommend this rental to couples who seek privacy, luxury and beauty away from busy Waikiki Beach.
Xenia A., Kensington, NSW, 8.31.14
- This place was amazing. The house was clean, well stocked, just wonderful, the area and beaches nearby were terrific. The view from the front balcony was breathtaking and we highly recommend this place. There was so much to do and if we had more vacation time, we would have stayed longer. We didn't want to leave. Probably the one drawback was the early morning sun that woke us up with a smile every morning. Thanks for a great stay. Debbie
Deborah W., Chicago, IL, 8.27.14
- Great space for the price! Right on the beach and close to some great hikes. Studio was super clean and the property manager was very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the studio.
Deidre H., Burley, WA, 8.14.14
- I had a wonderful experience and will definitely be returning...exceptionally clean and very comparable to a 5 star hotel.
Lisa O., 8.8.14
- This is our family's third consecutive stay at Hale Maluhia. We have had three great summer vacations there.
Vanessa C., 7.31.14
- The view, location, and accommodation at the Ocean Treehouse were fabulous. My favorite part was sitting on the large lanai and seeing the ocean with two islands over a sea of trees. The apartment was clean and well cared for. I would book there again and recommend the rental to others. They have left very nice glassware and dishes - in some ways I wish there had been cheaper non-breakable plates for more casual dining - I felt we had to be a little too careful. (Ie, non breakable Cornelle would have been great). I'd recommend this for adults, not for children, and especially not for teens! Laurel was our booking agent and exceptionally helpful via email and on the phone!
Jane S., Brooklyn, NY, 7.28.14
- This is a beautiful home in an upscale residential neighborhood a short walk to gorgeous beaches. The house is a spacious, charming, older, well-equipped home with updated kitchen and baths. I would love to stay there again. My only suggestions for improvements would be: The owners clothing/personal items take up much of the closet space in the master bedroom so there was little if any space to hang our items. The inside of the kitchen cabinets and dishes were not clean. Pieces of food still on pot lids, silverware, etc. which attracted a few cockroaches. The kitchen also had an unpleasant odor. Overall I think it is a great value compared to hotel prices.
Carol C., Claremont, CA, 7.4.14
- The Ocean House was very clean, charming, comfortable and immensely enjoyable. We had a very large group of 21 and it met our needs perfectly. The house is deceptively large with plenty of beds, bathrooms and spaces for privacy. The kitchen was spacious and well stocked and there were plenty of towels and beach towels. The large, open dining area with a stunning ocean view was perfect for gathering, socializing and having fun. Aside from the beach being right outside the back lanai, there was a grill and picnic table in the front area. The location on the beach with things to do nearby in Lani Kai and Kailua was perfect. I really cannot say enough good things.
Tammy B., Honolulu, HI, 5.18.14
- The Ocean House Studio was very comfortable and immensely enjoyable. We rented the studio in addition to the Ocean View house. With two ceiling fans, its own full bathroom, a kitchenette, a dining table and its own television, it was a perfect getaway for naps, relaxing, etc. It was also spotlessly clean. The two single beds made it more ideal for two separate adults then for a couple. The location on the beach and also being near things to do in Lani Kai and Kailua was perfect.
Tammy B., Honolulu, HI, 5.18.14
- Great location and competitive price. Needed to be a little cleaner with no ants.
Barry S., Bend, OR, 5.1.14
- This was a beautiful property with a lovely yard, and spacious pool with great sun exposure and also very sheltered. The home was clean, well equipped with all necessary amenities/appliances, and had comfortable beds. The views of the beach from the home were fabulous. The location on the beach could not have been better - what a fantastic setting. Being right on the beach was the best part. Only complaint is the key lock box system requiring one to go through the patio door to relock the front door after entering. As well, the inability to lock the back door (as no key provided) was a drawback. The service we received was excellent and we were very satisfied with everyone we dealt with. We certainly would recommend this to a friend and hope to stay here again ourselves. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Mark B., St. John's, NL, 4.29.14
- Ocean house is a great "old style" Hawaiin beach side house with all the modern comforts. The booking agent was efficient and professional. We had a great time and a great stay and will definitely come back on our next trip to Hawaii. This house can be rented as a 3 bedroom or a 5 bedroom so check with your agent about this.
Koh-Ann C., Central, 4.22.14
- Hello, The house was really beautiful and well equipt. It was comfortable and had everything we needed. I thought the showers could have been updated to new taps & it would have been handy to have a layout of the house as the bedrooms are very spread out. we were travelling with our 2 year old son. we couldn't have him in his own room because it was too far away from ours so if he woke in the night we wouldn't have heard him. For this reason he slept in our room and it wasn't ideal. Other than that the location, house, everything was great. Weather was disappointing as it was super windy the whole time we hardly went to the beach. Thanks so much.
Deborah S., Avalon, 4.21.14
- Loved the bungalow! It was amazing being right on the water watching sea turtles feeding right out front. Also nice to have just a short walk to Lanikai (the beach access is about 8 houses away) and 5-10 minutes to Kailua. We were able to launch our paddleboard from the house at low tide. The bungalow is an older, character home with amazing sliding doors that open the inside to the outside. It was very spacious, much more than the photos suggest. The VRA team was great on check in and check out. The dishes and amenities are adequate but not "high end". There were loads of sand toys, boogie boards, snorkles, masks, etc. The house had everything we needed for a great family vacation.
Elizabeth R., Vancouver, BC, 4.10.14
- I had originally booked a different house and then was forced to change a week before arrival -- I was none thrilled about this. It was nice to have a welcome basket and the kayaks though. Though large, spacious and very bright and sunny with lots of great viewing windows, the house is very worn and "well-used". Seemed like a house spring breakers would book. The toilets kept having issues and the fridge could not make ice (though they did bring ice for us the 2nd day). Floors were worn, dishes all had chips. For the 8 of us it seemed a bit excessive to have a house that slept 22. The views were spectacular.
- I seemed to have more than one booking agent, or person who communicated with me before arrival. That was a bit confusing and there was not a lot of consistency. I had emailed shortly after booking to ask if someone could help me with activity arrangements, and I never heard from anyone. Overall, the service prior to arrival was spotty and very impersonal.
- Kepola, who welcomed us and kept in contact via text and phone while we were there, was nice and very helpful. Same with her husband.
- I would not used Hawaiian Beach Rentals again.
Margot K., San Francisco, CA, 4.10.14
- Hale Sweet Hale. It and its location stole our hearts. The booking process and weeding out process to select this property is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. For us it was fairly simple. I knew what area of Oahu I wanted to stay in and it came down to location and looks. I've stayed in many cottages in my life and this one exceeded all previous experiences with setup, location and feel. It felt like home. The condition of the home is and was clean and lived in, not Hotel sterilized but clean. The home had every creature comfort as far as cooking and cleaning and even included Televisions. (Which in 7 days were never powered on) I can't say enough about the location and closeness to everything that this property is. Unfortunately we only found that out on the last 2 days as our errands took us into Kaneohe to do most of our errands then changed that after we accidently discovered the shops right under our noses. We will definitely stay in this property again and will recommend to all who enquire about visiting Oahu. For my family there really are too many "Best Parts of the Trip" to label any one defined part as the "Best". In seven days we managed to keep every other day open and only left our area for minor excursions. The odd days we took in Chief's Luau, the Arizona Memorial, went Deep Sea fishing with Capt. Hopper on The Seeker (I caught a Kawakawa) and lastly we walked and jogged the entire length of the Lanikai Beach from Wailea Point to most north west point on Kailua Bay. We walked and jogged on many beaches while on Oahu and Kailua Beach beat them all. From watching the sunrise between the Mokulua Islands (every morning) to Climbing the Pill Box and watching it set. We'd like to thank all involved in helping this dream come true and we will most definitely return. Mahalo, Russ, Tracey and Tom Howell Gillam, Manitoba Canada
Russ H., Gillam, MB, 4.6.14
- We cannot wait to return! The hale was completely perfect and exceeded our expectations. The amenities and location are outstanding. We highly recommend hale sweet hale.
Lisa N., Aptos, CA, 3.31.14
- We love coming to Hale Maluhia for our yearly Hawaiian vacation with our family! This year, we did have a few problems with the house, which are worth mentioning. The beds in the room next to the laundry room needs a few repairs: the towel rack broke away from the wall, the outdoor light fixture fell and brokein a storm, and our children complained that the beds were not comfortable. Additionally, the inside bedroom bed is very uneven and really should be replaced (for the cost of this house, a bad sleep is not ok). We would like to continue renting this house every year, but we find it difficult to assign rooms to our children or our friends, knowing that the beds are not comfortable. Other than the beds, the house is wonderful, and clean and our preferred vacation spot!
Julie F., Seattle, WA, 3.31.14
- My wife and I really enjoyed the ocean studio. Only steps from lanikai beach, and nestled into a very quiet road. We would definitely stay here again. Customer service was very good when booking and check in and check out process was very easy. Cottage was very clean and everything we needed such as towels, dishes, appliances, etc were provided. Yes, I would book again and yes, I would recommend it to a friend.
Ryan B., Kittery, ME, 3.23.14
- This is a fantastic spot. Accommodation is quite basic, but more than adequate. We absolutely loved the time we spent at Honu Hale. I would return in a second.
Francie C., New Haven, VT, 3.21.14
- It was great. We loved the location the look. Everything was great. I give it a 5
Anna L., Pomona, KS, 3.11.14
- Our family had a wonderful time at the Ocean Treehouse. The entire process was a snap. You could not beat the location. The home itself had everything that we needed, from extra rolls of toilet paper to stain spray for the laundry. The sandy part of the beach was an easy 10 minute walk. Being able to smell the fragrant landscaping every day walking into the house was wonderful. We definitely appreciated the well thought out book of information for the house. The only cons that I would mention is that we did have to clean the cookware/bakeware prior to use. It might have just been sitting stagnant for too long. And even though the breeze was wonderful with the doors left open, we weren't expecting the onslaught of biting black flies and mosquitos.
Jen N., Greenville, NY, 3.3.14
- Our stay at Hale Onekea was relaxing, rejuvenating and delightful. This studio apartment is spacious with high ceilings and lots of light. Every detail is attended to in the kitchen area with plenty of space to move around and prep a light meal :) The bath is gorgeous and the whirlpool tub was a perfect touch! Very comfy bed and a daily supply of freshened towels for bath and beach was wonderful. Our hosts are so gracious and accommodating, making Hale Onekea our favorite spot to stay while vacationing on Oahu :)))
Margaret C., 2.24.14
- This property proved go be exactly what I was looking for, a real feel of Hawaii. Four adults had no problem with the one bathroom at all. Everything we required was there and with the beach so close it was ideally situated. If there was a problem it was dealt with speedily and with good spirit. Nothing was too much trouble. A personal comment that I know represents all of us who travelled fron England to paradise...... this house wrapped it's love around us, this family and their friends welcomed us and gave us a taste of the real Hawaiian warmth. Mahalo x I would choose the house again should I be fortunate enough to return. Trudy.
Trudy T., King's Lynn, Norfolk, 2.16.14
- If you are looking for a Hawaiian vacation that is laid back and relaxing with an outstanding beach, then Hale Onekea is for you. The apartment & beach are exactly as pictured. The owners go out of their way to make your stay 5 star in every way! There is a wide selection of beach chairs, umbrellas & coolers. Towels & linens are plentiful. Anything we needed, the owners provided. All the extra little touches by Sylvia made this vacation sensational. Thank you Sylvia & Dan!!
Virginia P., 2.16.14
- Cute studio and perfect for 2. Spent lots of time on Lanikai Beach which is what exactly we wanted. We've heard so much good things about the area and Lanikai Beach being the best and it truly was. We literally walked right out the door and within seconds we were on the beach. We had a fantastic vacation and will be back.
Havilah S., 2.15.14
- Best views ever. Everything about this home and location was terrific. Would and will recommend to family and friends.
- We had a great time and throughly enjoyed the home. Exactly what we were looking for as had the island feel and them in the home. We arrived and were pleasantly greeted by guest services who physically showed us the home and beach access. The home is very well decorated and very clean. Large front yard to hang out and relax. Great are for our kids and they enjoyed the green grassy lawn to play. We ate outside mostly as it had a picnic table under a shady tree. Beach access was a very quick walk and undoubtedly this was the best beach we've ever been to. We difinitley look forward to coming back and would recommend to our family and friends. Thanks Kepola for helping us make our first Christmas/New Year Vacation to Hawaii a success.
- We loved the place and it exceeded our expectation. The place is awesome and great for a family vacation, all details are well thought off and it's very comfortable and we'll be back there.
Zohar Z., Malibu, CA, 1.11.14
- This was my second visit here & it was just as enjoyable as before. It is very suitable for my needs as it is simple, clean & reasonably priced. It is a very short walk to Lanikai Beach. It is also very quiet.
Kyle I., West Covina, CA, 1.7.14
- Our stay at "Happy Hale Lanikai" was wonderful! It was very clean, spacious and a perfect location for our family. We loved being able to spend time on the beach every day, which to access is just a short 2 minute walk. We enjoyed just hanging out around the pool, hot tub and the back deck too, enjoying our family time. Sitting on the deck watching the waves, turtles, kayakers, kite surfers, wind surfers, swimmers and occasionally getting a glimpse of whales out in the distance was such a relaxing and enjoyable time. The walk to the park and to Island Snow to get shaved ice was a fun outing each day. Being together for 10 days with our 4 boys, 2 daughter-in-laws and our 2 grandchildren (7 month old and 3 yr old) was a wonderful time and we will treasure these new memories.
Susan C., Moses Lake, WA, 1.7.14
- We stayed at Hale Onekea for 6 days and our experience was fantastic. Our host was very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The vacation home came with supplies for the beach (blankets, chairs, some toys, sun screen, etc...) and the hosts provided anything else we needed when we asked (i.e. binoculars and flashlights for site seeing / hiking). The home itself was very clean and modern, thought we had internet issues for a few days. Strongly recommend Hale Onekea if you're looking to get away from the tourist areas and stay at an area 'off the beaten path'. Some quick advice: the space is ideal for couples and cooking space is limited. Very large refrigerator available - save some money and buy your drinks in bulk or larger sizes.
David L., 12.20.13
- We had a five-star stay at Hale Onekea!! The is place is beautiful and centrally located within the Lanikai community with a beautiful view of the mountain and a short walk to the beach. The property appears to be new and well cared for with all the comforts of home. Our hosts were wonderful. They provided extraordinary hospitality that made our 8-day stay (over Thanksgiving) truly special and memorable. We had complete privacy too. They provided us with fruit, chocolates, macadamia nuts, and pumpkin pie (with whip cream!), and fresh towels and linens when we requested them. We will return to Hale Onekea and will recommend the place to family and friends.
Robert S., 12.4.13
- The house was nice and clean. The street noise was very annoying, as was the family that lived behind/attached to the house we rented...the teenage boys cussed and their kitchen noise was right next to our kitchen and bedroom and they were in there late at night and early morning making alot of noise. Overall, the house was good and close to the beach...had to ask for more toilet paper and was told what was provided was a courtesy and we were to supply the rest. I've never heard of this...it's not like we can take extra TP on the plane! They did end up bringing 2 more rolls.
Mandy F., Phoenix, AZ, 12.2.13
- Wonderful location, fabulous hosts; all you could possibly need and more. The property manager ensured that we were comfortable and had everything available to us should we need it. She offered recommendations and even baked cookies. Lordy! All that said, it felt private and we would not only love to return but would highly recommend to others. Hillary
Wyatt S., 10.28.13
- Wow! We had a wonderful stay at the Ocean Treehouse. It was a very nice home and Loved the view from the deck. Everything we needed was there, we would rent again. The beach was breathtaking. Thank you!!!
Bernadette F., San Jose, CA, 10.14.13
- Hale Onekea was absolutely incredible! The unit was exceptionally clean and had everything we could ask for from chairs, umbrellas and beach towels. Sylvia and Dan were so wonderful and provide us with suggestions for our stay, we pretty much did everything recommended by them and LOVED IT!!! We are already planning our next visit to Hale Onekea, as we couldn't have asked for anything better!!! Thank you so much Syliva & Dan!!! -Mary and Moses (Tx)
Moses V., 9.16.13
- We enjoyed our vacation and this home. Being oceanfront was an amazing experience. We were able to view sightings of sea turtles right from the beachside deck, enjoy the morning sunrises, and launch kayaks from here. Location is just beautifull and we had lots of privacy. We were very happy with our rental and would recommend this home to others. Guest services were really great to work. Thank you for helping us make our vacation a success.
Garth S., Stanford, CA, 8.31.13
- The location (upper part of Lanakai and close proximity to the beach) was very good. Customer service offered by the on-line management company, the owner, and the property manager next door was excellent. E-communications were received on a timely basis. Our family group (an 86 yr old uncle, his daughter, our son, his two children, my husband and myself) was comfortable with the bedroom and bathroom arrangements. Our uncle was able to manage the stairs required by the split nature of the home. Some people may have more problems with this as the main house and main kitchen are upstairs, the pool and lower unit are downstairs. The pool and landscape provide a lush Hawaiian setting. We had a wonderful time in the pool, on the upper lanai with a view of the ocean, and with easy visits to the beach. As listed on the web-site, the home is dependent upon ocean breezes. There were ceiling and floor fans provided. The property also provided many necessities not always present in rentals....laundry detergent, dish and dishwasher detergent, paper products, and a nice supply of seasonings for cooking. We were highly satisfied. Mahalo!
Judy H., Austin, TX, 8.20.13
- Home Sweet Home. Back for our 3rd visit in three years and as always the best home we have ever rented to accommodate our family. The guest services are terrific and really make the booking process very easy with there system. Always there to greet us upon arrival and departure. This home as the most fantastic views. All you see is this beautiful blue and turquois waster all day long and as always constant sighting of sea turtles right from the oceanside lawn. We had great weather, lots of fun on Lanikai Beach, woke to awesome surnrises and can't wait to come back again. Mahalo for making our stay another great one.
Gene L., Oakland, CA, 8.16.13
- Hale Onekea was absolutely perfect! The photos didn't do it justice. The linens were freshly washed and the kitchen was stocked with everything needed to cook with. Beach towels, umbrellas and chairs were included! Sylvia & Dan were so helpful with food suggestions, hikes, directions and fun things to do. My boyfriend and I haven't stopped talking about how amazing and relaxing our stay was. We love you Sylvia!! And the amazing MANGO!!
Alex S., 8.4.13
- We had a wonderful visit to Kailua and stay at this studio. Was perfect for the two of us. Clean, quiet, cozy and beach is only a couple of minutes away. I would recommend this to friends and stay here again. Big thanks to the guest services as they met us at the unit and when we departed.
Michael D., Stanwell Park, 8.4.13
- My apologies for the late review but we've been traveling ever since. The Lanikai Beach Bungalow made our vacation to Oahu just amazing. Being able to wake up in the morning to the sunrises right there with the Mokulua Islands in view was just breath taking. We loved the home and the layout and most of all the privacy we had from the oceanside lawn. Thanks again for making out stay a wonderful time. We look forward to coming back and will difinitely let u know.
- The house worked very well for our family. Two couples upstairs and family of 5 downstairs. Not pristine but very liveable. The pool was a joy - enjoyed by everyone. Lots of stairs for the little ones. The beach was a short walk and beautiful. The kitchen was well equipped and the BBQ was very convenient. Glad we rented both up and down, because renting only one unit you would be sharing the back yard and pool--which may or may not work out. All in all it was a great trip for all of us. Would do it again.
Sandra L., Cypress, CA, 7.4.13
- Our family group of 20 fit very comfortably in this beautiful house. We could not have asked for a more gorgeous view with the ocean literally steps out the back door. There is just a short walk to two different beaches, as well as a hike up a large hill offering incredible views. The sleeping arrangements were a little awkward with 3 beds in the main living space, but we made it work. There were plenty of beach towels, sand toys, and snorkeling equipment provided. The property manager immediately responded to our requests and made us feel welcome. Our whole group, adults and kids alike, had an amazing time staying in this house!
Marino L., Corry, PA, 6.26.13
- This beach house is a dream! Love, love love this place. Great location in a very nice neighborhood. My husband and I along with some friends stayed at this house for 5 days and we all never wanted to leave. It's a very warm and cozy place. Not the most modern in terms of looks but has a whole lot of flavor to it. It also has pretty much everything you need. The lady who checked us in was very accommodating and she sure made us feel right at home. If you are looking for a home away from home, this is it!
Alexa S., Alexandria, VA, 6.26.13
- Loved our stay!!! The kids kayaked everyday! Adults kayaked, toured Hawaii, and relaxed!! What more could we have wanted :). Plenty of space for 15, adults and teens. Loved the cool air and ocean sounds at night. Can't wait to come back!!!
Tere R., Mesa, AZ, 6.20.13
- Cottage was what I expected. Note: on rainy humid days the ceiling fans do not cool the room. Fans need to be replaced with ones that are able to move air around the room since it has no AC. No windows face the ocean so none of the breezes come from that direction. The bed I slept in I believe has bed bugs because I came home with bites all over. The mattress needs to be replaced and area treated. TV is very small from across the room from the beds. Would have been nice to have a larger screen to see from there. I agree with a previous review that more comfortable seating would be nice to watch TV or eat at the table. No direct access to beach view from site (it's reserved for the Big house tenants.) You have to walk down a busy neighborhood street to get to the cutoff to the beach or drivewalk up to Kailua beach. Will need a car to do anything besides go to the beach. The better variety of food places are in town and grocery stores. Kailua was a great little town to walk around and shop. Nice to be away from the busier tourist areas. People were very friendly. Rental was clean (other than the bed bugs) and supplied most of what you need. Customer Service was great and very attentive before and during stay. Was my first time using a rental service like this one. Would recommend to rent from this company. They did what they said and no problems with payment, check in or check out. They made it very easy.
Wanda P., Cypress, TX, 6.17.13
- Perfect location, Perfect House, Perfect Service. All in all a perfect holiday.
Anne S., Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, 6.3.13
- Simply wonderful! My husband and I were thrilled with our stay and would stay again in a heartbeat. The space was meticulously clean upon arrival, and the hosts (Sylvia and Dan) were amazing--genuinely kind, quick to respond, and very professional in terms of follow-up. So close to the beach (literally takes 3 mins to walk there in flip flops) which is so beautiful and not crowded at all. At night it is particularly beautiful because it is so far away from the big city's light pollution. Also close to places to rent kayaks, etc, but Sylvia and Dad provide beach chairs and even coolers for daily use. 5 min drive to a very cute local market that has great coffee, and about 15 mins to the Whole Foods or Safeway or Foodland markets in town. Overall, very highly recommended. You really can't go wrong with this rental. Thank you, Sylvia and Dan, for everything! All the best, Jean & Will (NYC)
Jean C., 5.14.13
- This place was truly a dream vacation. The location of the Ocean House is perfect for those wanting to get away and enjoy the Hawaiian paradise. There is plenty to do in Kailua and you have the best beach in Hawaii located steps away without the crowds. In our week long stay, we spent a day in Waikiki and that was plenty of time to convince us that we had made the right decision to rent a place far away from there. Lanikai beach is just amazing (and quiet)! You will not regret a decision to stay here!
Danny T., San Francisco, CA, 3.28.13
- Loved the location, beach access, Pill Box Trail, Lanikai and Kailua Beaches were wonderful. Would definitely recommend to a friend. The only complaint is the noise from upstairs. Mahalo!
Jeanne K., Brodheadsville, PA, 3.27.13
- I could not have asked for a better vacation home! The house comes with all the amenities needed, so all that was necessary was a trip to the market to stock the fridge! I was also provided with a list of restaurants, shops, markets, etc. for everything else, so there was no need to look up places to eat or where to rent kayaks! The location was perfect. Watching the sunrise and hearing the ocean waves splash against the lapping wall while I had morning tea was a nice way to start the day! The house literally sits on the oceanfront and enjoyed walking alongside the beach right from the backyard. The water and views are absolutely beautiful! There really was no need to leave the house when you have the best views in Hawaii! Thank you for the amazing service! I was greeted at the house and was provided everything I needed. Any questions were taken care of immediately after a phone call or text. They made sure I had the best possible experience during our stay. Many thanks to the agency and Hawaii for the perfect home... Definitely would love to be a guest again! Aloha & Mahalo!
Annie O., Rochester, NY, 3.26.13
- We rented in Lanikai and were right on the oceans, sea turtles swimming right outside. Beautiful sunrises, wonderful ocean sounds to help sleep at night. The staff and everyone was VERY pleasant, helpful, attentive and couldn't have been better!! This was an excellent rental experience. All the touches at the the house, welcome basket, fresh flowers and decorations throughout the home made it seem so welcoming. It was nice to have the water dispenser and the ability to utilize beach towels, until we bought our own, a hot tub as well as access to Wi-Fi, etc! Very wonderful experience for me and all my sisters. YES - we would rent this house or another through Vacation Rental Agent again!!!
Barb B., Bloomington, MN, 3.21.13
- Small, charming space but surprisingly comfortable and a good deal for the price. Everything was clean and worked fine.Great location. Could use a small sofa or something relaxing to sit on besides the beds or dining chairs. We would go back here again. Recommend good meals at Whole Foods in Kailua - especially the cheap salad bar on Wednesdays.
Robert M., Bainbridge Island, WA, 2.26.13
- This was our third time renting the Ocean Tree House. We love it and cant say enough good things about it.
Kerilyn M., Barre, MA, 2.24.13
- The house was a very comfortable, lovely home and our service was excellent. The house was clean, however there are a few things that should be taken care of in the master bedroom/bathroom: ants (or some kind of bug) in the master bathroom, saggy mattress in the master bedroom, and sticky bedroom door (hard to open). Other than these items, we were very happy with the rental. Mahalo!
Julie F., Seattle, WA, 2.16.13
- This rental was well worth the cost! So close to the ocean, wonderful neighborhood, and the home itself was beyond our expectations! The pool was so clean, the home so comfortable, and the care for the guests was evident with all needs given special attention - ie, towels, kitchen, linens, etc. The caretaker, who lives next door, came to greet us the day after we arrived and did not bother us after that at all! We would certainly consider this home again!
Lynn R., Rathdrum, ID, 2.14.13
- A great place for a casual, multi-generational family gathering. Four out of five only because it is a bit worn in places and the beach access is tricky, but if you want a low-key stay with a large number of people, by all means consider this house!
John B., New York, NY, 1.16.13
- We were very pleased with this beautiful oceanfront home. Carlos, Shylah and team had it in sparkling condition when we arrived and everything was perfect. Lanikai beach was not even a two minute walk to the main beach area and even extended directly in front of the house about half the week when the surf was lower. There were multiple outdoor sunning areas on the property we took advantage of - poolside, lanai, and upstairs terrace. The large kitchen and open living/dining area made for great family meals. Worth every penny to see the Wow! look on everyone's face when they first arrived.
Neil O., San Diego, CA, 1.8.13
- The overall quality of the rental was excellent and we'd love to go back. The property is well maintained, spacious and clean. The interior is older (some of the nearby houses looked more modern), but the furniture is contemporary and the space functions really well. The communal spaces provide a lot of opportunity to relax, enjoy the weather and one another's company. The outdoor spaces made it easy to hit the beach, go kayaking or snorkeling. We were traveling with an infant and found the space ideal for a multi-generational trip (grandparents, adults and kids). The beds/mattresses were suitable for a good night's rest, but not luxurious. The kitchen is well maintained and had all the pots, pans and dinnerware we needed to prepare meals. The barbecue was a nice touch. The bathrooms were fine. The booking agent/property manager was outstanding. They made arrangements for our kayak and long board rentals, which greatly simplified the trip. They had a high chair and infant bed (pack and play) ready for us on arrival. There were a few small maintenance items (dead batteries, light bulbs, broken toaster) that they took care of right away. Most of our maintenance problems were electrical, which I imagine is a consequence of being at an oceanfront property where the salt, water and electrons don't mix very well (I suspect you'd have the same problems at any oceanfront house). But the property manager seemed on top of things and got things corrected the same day. The house had all the beach gear you'd need to enjoy the trip (chairs, umbrella, towels, straw mats, snorkels, sand toys). It was really well appointed. Beach access is approximately a 5 min walk along the street. At low tide, there was a rocky beach in front of the house and you could potentially walk to the main Lanaki beach via the oceanfront. We were able to put the kayaks in from the back yard. I would definitely recommend Aloha Beach Rentals and this property to anyone seeking a relaxing time in Hawaii. If you want over the top luxury, this isn't the house. But it's perfect for a family looking to spend some quality time in Kailua / Lanakai.
Tom S., Iowa City, IA, 1.7.13
- The studio was perfect. Right on the beach. Can't ask for anything more. Customer service was great. Our needs were always attended. I give this studio a 5 star and definitely will recommend it to a friend and family member.
Godofredo P., Lynnwood, WA, 12.23.12
- I had the most incredible week long stay at the Hale Onekea and would highly recommend it to everyone. After years of staying in the top hotels on the island, this was a wonderful change for the better! The guest room is beautiful, clean, comfortable and attached to a spectacular home. Staying in LaniKai on one of the islands prettiest beaches spoils you. The owners of the home are warm, friendly hosts that make you feel as if you could become part of the family. There was nothing more that could have been done to improve on my stay there....it was PERFECT! I will most definitely return there. Marty S., Malibu, Ca.
Marty S., 11.26.12
- The rental was very nice and we enjoyed having our breakfast on the lanai. It was clean and well kept. The manager was very helpful and friendly. Only problem was the living room. I like to decorate, so I would put the TV in the wall space were the mirror is and the futon against the opposite wall. We are tall people and those two little rattan chairs were soooo uncomfortable. A simple couch in front of the TV would do it, with the rattan chairs on either side. Because where the futon now is, you cannot see the TV, so you can not use that as a couch, besides we needed it as a bed. Also in the kitchen there were only two tiny tiny little pans (besides nice frying pans), not one was large enough to cook spaghetti in.Best part was the proximity to that fabulous beach, and yes, I would recommend the place and I would like to come again. But it was nice that we had family to visit (with big pots and a couch). Mahalo, Marijke
Marijke F., Venice, FL, 11.13.12
- The host and hostess were the mostest!!!!!
Matt C., 11.13.12
Maria S., St Petersburg, 11.8.12
- The house and pool was great! All things for the kitchen were there. The only issue was we could use the wifi on our ipads but could not use wifi on our iphones. We did not have a password for the secured wifi and we tried everything but it wouldn't work.
Joanne B., Vancouver, BC, 10.29.12
- Just got home from our Hawaii vacation. Ocean house was perfect for our large group of 19. The beach is amazing. All of the staff from the beginning to end were very helpful. They gave us tips on where to go and dining places. Definitely was a great place for us to stay. Would recommend it if you have a large group because the house was plenty big enough for us. Would recommend them again. Everyone thought the sand at the beach was the best!!!
Marci H., Tucson, AZ, 10.21.12
- Everything was absolutely amazing! From the moment we arrived, the staff was very helpful and polite. The house was a perfect location with hardly any foot traffic along the beach in the back yard. We swam with the turtles everyday! The best family vacation spot! We are coming back next year! It was great!
Vanessa B., Santa Clarita, CA, 10.14.12
1 - 100 of 313
Lanikai vacation reviews