- Lanikai vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 104
Lanikai vacation reviews
- I have nothing but wonderful and great things to say about this property, as well as my interactions and experience with the booking agent and property manager. My family and I stayed at this gorgeous home for one week and were so sad to leave. The home is spectacular and has three bedrooms and three bathrooms -- all of which are very separated and away from one another to allow for privacy. The pool and patios, along with the kitchen allowed us to feel right at home and have wonderful conversations. Lastly, the home is about one block away from the world famous all of which are very separated and away from one another to allow for privacy. The pool and patios, along with the kitchen allowed us to feel right at home and have wonderful conversations. Lastly, the home is about one block away from the world famous Lanikai Beach! I seriously cannot wait to go back again. You won't be disappointed!
Chris C., Boise, ID, 8.6.15
- This was a beautiful! Perfect distance from the beach - close! Lovely grotto pool. Everything was beautiful and clean. thanks for a lovely stay!
Rosene B., Anchorage, AK, 3.16.15
- This was a beautiful property with a lovely yard, and spacious pool with great sun exposure and also very sheltered. The home was clean, well equipped with all necessary amenities/appliances, and had comfortable beds. The views of the beach from the home were fabulous. The location on the beach could not have been better - what a fantastic setting. Being right on the beach was the best part. Only complaint is the key lock box system requiring one to go through the patio door to relock the front door after entering. As well, the inability to lock the back door (as no key provided) was a drawback. The service we received was excellent and we were very satisfied with everyone we dealt with. We certainly would recommend this to a friend and hope to stay here again ourselves. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Mark B., St. John's, NL, 4.29.14
- This is a fantastic spot. Accommodation is quite basic, but more than adequate. We absolutely loved the time we spent at Honu Hale. I would return in a second.
Francie C., New Haven, VT, 3.21.14
- The location (upper part of Lanakai and close proximity to the beach) was very good. Customer service offered by the on-line management company, the owner, and the property manager next door was excellent. E-communications were received on a timely basis. Our family group (an 86 yr old uncle, his daughter, our son, his two children, my husband and myself) was comfortable with the bedroom and bathroom arrangements. Our uncle was able to manage the stairs required by the split nature of the home. Some people may have more problems with this as the main house and main kitchen are upstairs, the pool and lower unit are downstairs. The pool and landscape provide a lush Hawaiian setting. We had a wonderful time in the pool, on the upper lanai with a view of the ocean, and with easy visits to the beach. As listed on the web-site, the home is dependent upon ocean breezes. There were ceiling and floor fans provided. The property also provided many necessities not always present in rentals....laundry detergent, dish and dishwasher detergent, paper products, and a nice supply of seasonings for cooking. We were highly satisfied. Mahalo!
Judy H., Austin, TX, 8.20.13
- The house worked very well for our family. Two couples upstairs and family of 5 downstairs. Not pristine but very liveable. The pool was a joy - enjoyed by everyone. Lots of stairs for the little ones. The beach was a short walk and beautiful. The kitchen was well equipped and the BBQ was very convenient. Glad we rented both up and down, because renting only one unit you would be sharing the back yard and pool--which may or may not work out. All in all it was a great trip for all of us. Would do it again.
Sandra L., Cypress, CA, 7.4.13
- Loved the location, beach access, Pill Box Trail, Lanikai and Kailua Beaches were wonderful. Would definitely recommend to a friend. The only complaint is the noise from upstairs. Mahalo!
Jeanne K., Brodheadsville, PA, 3.27.13
- This rental was well worth the cost! So close to the ocean, wonderful neighborhood, and the home itself was beyond our expectations! The pool was so clean, the home so comfortable, and the care for the guests was evident with all needs given special attention - ie, towels, kitchen, linens, etc. The caretaker, who lives next door, came to greet us the day after we arrived and did not bother us after that at all! We would certainly consider this home again!
Lynn R., Rathdrum, ID, 2.14.13
- The rental was very nice and we enjoyed having our breakfast on the lanai. It was clean and well kept. The manager was very helpful and friendly. Only problem was the living room. I like to decorate, so I would put the TV in the wall space were the mirror is and the futon against the opposite wall. We are tall people and those two little rattan chairs were soooo uncomfortable. A simple couch in front of the TV would do it, with the rattan chairs on either side. Because where the futon now is, you cannot see the TV, so you can not use that as a couch, besides we needed it as a bed. Also in the kitchen there were only two tiny tiny little pans (besides nice frying pans), not one was large enough to cook spaghetti in.Best part was the proximity to that fabulous beach, and yes, I would recommend the place and I would like to come again. But it was nice that we had family to visit (with big pots and a couch). Mahalo, Marijke
Marijke F., Venice, FL, 11.13.12
- The house and pool was great! All things for the kitchen were there. The only issue was we could use the wifi on our ipads but could not use wifi on our iphones. We did not have a password for the secured wifi and we tried everything but it wouldn't work.
Joanne B., Vancouver, BC, 10.30.12
- Great location! Friendly owners that were helpful. Amenities were dated.
Melissa B., Portland, OR, 9.13.12
- Perfect family vacation home, great location, good shopping and lots to do.
Kelly B., Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 7.20.12
- Great location--very close to beach. Nicely furnished. We had several quiet evenings in the ohana untila a family of five showed up upstairs. Had to ask them to quiet down, which they did by 10pm. So just be aware that if you are downstairs it can be loud having folks upstairs. Rental company did inform us there would be a family, but due to late booking our options were limited. Property mgr next door was friendly and helpful as needed. Would stay there again for sure if upstairs not booked.
Roxanne W., Olympia, WA, 1.30.12
- We loved our stay in Lanikai! The house was everything we had hoped for and more! We would reccomend this place to anyone!
Kelly M., Fairbanks, AK, 1.13.12
- Lanikai is the loveliest place on earth! People are friendly, beach is FANTASTIC! Can't wait to go again!!
Kimberly L., Chandler, AZ, 1.4.12
- Lanikai Loft was very good location near to beach though the nearest beach walking to has a little less space of the beach when high tide but also very quiet and we really enjoyed nice ocean view and muntain view from terrace. I liked the house was clean, too. I really would like to say thank you to the honer families' warm hospitality.
Jun M., Mitaka, 12.31.11
- The unit worked perfect for two couples, with ample room. It was very clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed all the windows overlooking lush tropical foliage. The customer service we received was excellent. Tony, the property manager, was very friendly and made us feel at home. The best part about the rental is the location to Lanikai beach, just houses away. Thank you for a great vacation!
Danielle H., Seattle, WA, 11.27.11
- The location is phenominal - walking distance from the nicest beach in Oahu. The bedrooms and bathrooms are nice, as is the living space. The pool is not very nice, but you are not going to want to spend time here anyway...
Travis K., Menlo Park, CA, 11.14.11
- First, let me talk about the property itself... I came here with my extended family (including my parents and kids) and the layout of this home was perfect for us. The house sits on a hill that faces toward the ocean and the entire front of the house was practically all glass including the main bedroom. I thought that the large glass windows would result in a lack of privacy with the neighbors but surprisingly the mature tropical foliage surrounding the property provided all the privacy we needed...plus there were no other homes at the same level as us so it felt like we were in a big treehouse. My 3 daughters enjoyed feeding the koi fish in the fish pond every morning and loved using the swimming pool when it got too late to go the beach (which is literally a half a block down the road). Although the swimming pool could probably be refinished and the kitchen could be updated a bit more, I'm glad the owners decided to focus their efforts on the 2 bathrooms which were recently renovated and turned out beautiful. It gave the home a much more luxurious feel with the marble and Kohler finishes. The new modern, Craftsman-like mahogany door also added a nice modern touch to the home. They also provided us with new pool toys to use, which was great. I loved the fact that there were beach hairs, beach mats, boogie boards and a cooler for us to use for our frequent visits to Lanikai Beach. Secondly, let me talk about the customer service. We received many communications from the rental agent but also the owners themselves. The owner reached out to me via email the week prior to stay and wanted to know if we we wanted a small futon for my 4-year old to use, which I thought was a very nice gesture. The next door neighbor, Tony, was the on-site property manager, and dropped in a couple of times during our stay to check in on us. He was very nice and helpful. The balcony off the living room was a nice place to relax and drink some beers while watching the sunset and hearing the soft ocean waves and cool breezes. It was a great way to relax and chill. I enjoyed taking morning walks or jogs in the neighborhood and being able to take in the view of Kailua Beach made it worthwhile. I would come back here again in a heartbeat especially if you want a truly relaxing vacation where you want to have family meals together and enjoy scenic walks and close proximity to one of the most beautiful beaches on Oahu. I highly recommend this place!
Rachel D., Ontario, CA, 10.26.11
- This place is paradise! It felt like home immediately, and the host family is incredibly kind and generous of their bikes, kayaks and local island knowledge. The location is ideal. Quaint and quiet street, just minutes from the most beautiful beach. The back patio area is peaceful and beautiful. We are already looking forward to going back!
Gusty S., Portland, OR, 4.3.11
- Excellent. Loved the new improvements. Hope you found the house clean and tidy as we left it and look forward to our cleaning bond being returned.
Glenn A., COFFS HARBOUR, NSW AUSTRALIA, 11.8.10
- We loved our stay in Lanikai at the Lanikai Bungalow. The beach is close by and very beautiful. The closest entry points with the "postcard perfect" long, sandy beach were only a couple of blocks up the road. Heavenly location. The surrounding garden is peaceful and charming and the interior is colorful and unique. The owner of the bungalow is on the premises and was particularly helpful. Laundry was convenient and she had lots of beach gear to share. We are avid snorkelers and thoroughly enjoyed Shark's Cove up north near Waimea. Since we were here in early July, we had smooth, calm, warm water with a very easy entry. Highlights: schools of good-sized fish, cuttlefish, Hawaiian lobsters, morays. Be sure to detour to Hale'iwa for shave ice! We became big "plate lunch" fans and especially liked "L and L" barbecues. Don't miss the frozen yogurt place in town called Yo Mama. We ate twice at Buzz's and would have gone back for our last night's dinner, but we didn't make reservations in time. Great kiave grilled seafood and steaks.
Sandy B., Santa Rosa, CA, 7.8.10
- This is a great rental unit for a family. It is very spacious and comfortable (family of five). The unlimited use of the pool and having a wonderful beach very close by made our trip very enjoyable. Sandy the caretaker was very friendly and offered great advice.
Katherine A., Vancouver, BC, 4.8.10
- This was a great house for our group (6 adults and 4 small children)! The proximity to the beach and the pool at the house were fabulous. The house had all the amenities we needed. We would definitely recommended this to anyone wanting a place to stay that is close to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!
Ali S., Issaquah, WA, 3.9.10
- We rented the whole house.. upstairs and downstairs. The space was large enough for 10 people comfortably. It was close to the beach and close to town. The only problem was that the downstairs kitchen only had a 2 burners for a stove and very little area to prep food... since we had the whole house we used the upstairs kitchen more.
Alyscia D., Burnaby, BC, 2.27.10
- The owner was very nice and made you feel like you were a freinf visiting. the location was good, I would stay here again!!! Lanikai is always a great place to stay!!!!
Dan C., Pittsburg, CA, 1.25.10
- The house is spacious and well equipped. When we arrived, Sandy Earle met us and told us about the setup. She was extremely helpful, even to the point of helping us with some heavy luggage. The other service which was amazing: the owner came over on the first evening to repair the wi-fi so that we could use our computers. The only bad thing was the overgrown greenery blocking the view from the deck. The owner did send someone to cut back this overgrowth, but it was not successful. The deck, in fact, does NOT provide an ocdan view. But it is an easy walk to Lanikai beach, and a short drive to Kailua beach....both lovely.
Dorothy D., St. Louis, MO, 1.23.10
- This was a great property. I'm big on peace and quiet, and this property provided exactly that. A nearby dog barked a few times during the day on a few separate days, but never at night. And a neighbor and his friends in the gigantic property to the left woke me up cursing loudly in their yard at 7am one morning, which was weird. Other than that, it was very peaceful. The neighbor that lives behind the rental property is named Wayne (I think). He was a very nice guy. As another reviewer noted, the actual beach is a short walk away. It's about a 10 - 15 minute walk down the street to a public beach access walkway around property 1104, which brings you onto a secluded beach which was very nice. Plenty of coral for snorkeling in front of about 1/2 of the beach there, with mostly open water near the beach on the other half for swimming. Outstanding. Better than the other beaches in my opinion (unless you want to surf in waves near the beach). Also, I love to swim and you have a great place to do it right in front of the property. I loved walking down the stone steps there at the oceanfront stone wall at the end of the yard down to the ocean, where the area is great for wading and swimming. Careful, though, when going down those steps. The stone steps are a bit steep and rough on your feet, and the last couple can be a bit slippery from the high tide. Plus, the house comes equipped with some body boards, water toys, coolers and some snorkel gear. A nice touch! Also, if you have a kayak or the like, you can boat out to the two nearby small islands, one of which has a small beach on it as well. I saw people from nearby houses heading out there a lot, and wished I could have joined them. My stay was during the first week in January, and it was in the 70s and sunny almost the entire week. The full moon also luckily happened right when I got there, so I never encountered jelly fish (which show up around 9 days after a full moon) at this or any of the other beaches I visited. That was a huge plus! The water this time of year was a bit chilly, but still great once you were in it for a few minutes and got used to it. A bummer for me was how Shark's Cove up near the North Shore was supposed to be a snorkeler's paradise, but in January it's a treacherous area full of torrential waves that are not safe for anyone. Oh well, maybe next time during the summer! By the way, the fruit basket waiting for me was awesome. Thank you for that! I'm hoping they might install a dishwasher, as that was one of the only luxuries I missed not having. I knew it didn't have one when I rented, still I'm mentioning it with the hopes they might upgrade to one eventually. That aside, the kitchen is well stocked with silverware, plates, pans and dish ware. The bathrooms also have plenty of wash clothes and towels. The only big downside was the wireless router had gone bad and I couldn't salvage it, so I had to buy a new router in order to have wireless internet. So the Linksys N router is courtesy of me. I wrote up instructions for accessing the wireless network and put them in the white folder there on the table. Also, the white folder which I'm assuming is courtesy of the owner, is chock full of great info and resources for the visit. Not sure when I can make it back to Oahu, but this rental property will be high on my list for a place to stay!
James S., Richmond, KY, 1.11.10
- The property Manager and the Owner were both great to work with and extremely flexible and responsive. We have two small children and this responsiveness was very much appreciated. The best part of our stay was the proximity to the beach - a phenomenal beach only 150 yards away! If you don't know Kailua well (like us), there is a nice downtown area very close with a small mall and great shops and restaurants (and Starbucks too). We discovered this 2 days before the end of our trip, after struggling to find good spots to eat (besides Buzz's, which was a great place). The house has some nice attributes but is really outdated. From the description on the HomeAway website you would think that you were staying in a multi-million dollar property in a gated community, but in reality the property is quite old and a little grungy in some areas. The neighborhood is quite nice though. If I owned the place I would do a couple of days of landscape work (mainly trimming dead branches and removing dead plants) and put quite a bit of work into the interior remodel. At the very least some deep cleaning and painting.
Cory F., Portland, OR, 11.23.09
- The unit I rented was very big and comfortable, the property manager very nice and the position excellent. Lanikai beach is the best one I have seen in Oahu The best restaurant I found is Buzz's: excellent !!!
Paola T., Segrate, Milano - Italy, 8.20.09
- This house was a great location and I agree with most people Lanikai is the most beautiful beach in Oahu. I loved the layout of the house and it was great to have a pool to entertain the kids and me! We really enjoyed Buzz's restaurant. The steak and crab were very tasty. This house was just a great central and quiet spot for our small family reunion.
Stacey R., Edmonton, Alberta, 1.27.09
- location is super the beach fantastic the owner is a rare find as was sandy for their kindness and help. It is the place summer vacation is all about. thanks Laurel the wonderful lady that sent me here. Bill
Bill C., Olympia, Washington, 10.28.08
- Stunning view of the Mokuluas! I have marked this only 4* as I was disappointed with ocean front/beach front discrepancy not being fully apparent until reading the contract. Also it is an exaggeration to say it is perfect for swimming. Access from the steps is difficult. We are all very fit and mobile, two of the party kayaked to the Mokulas and the same afternoon one of us then swam to flat island and back! Also, two of our group were badly stung by jelly fish (Portuguese Man of War). Additionally, up to 14 fishermen would apprear every day at any one time, even making use of our sea wall. The vey much appreciated tht the kitchen was very well appointed and stocked with the basics that we would not want to buy for just a week's stay. However there was no dishwasher as claimed in the particulars The bathrooms were sparkling and well stocked with towels, including those for the beach. We also apprecited the quality and scope of the yard, the furniture and the sports equipment I found Verena extremely helpful and overall we liked the property and very much enjoyed our stay in Honu Hale. Alison Rose
Alison R., Berkshire, UK, 9.18.08
- Location of the house was excellent and Lanikai beach and area was sublime. The house was very good and only lacked air con but with the traditional slated window style this would have been impossible. Otherwise the house had ALL the amenities we required with plenty of towels, hot water , massive fridge and comfortable beds. Thankyou if we come to Oahu again we will be in touch. Bill Tidman
BILL T., STRATFORD ON AVON, WARWICKSHIRE UK, 9.8.08
- Layout of the house accommodated our group very well. Pool and beach access was great. Lanikai access to Kailua area was very convenient. The upstairs bedroom and dining area got very hot and the front porch light did not work so it was always dark when we came home. Overall, everything else was great.
Alan S., Albany, OR, 7.4.08
- Loved it! Absolutely enchanting garden surrounding the bungalow, with patio furniture where I enjoyed breakfast and dinner most days, and a relaxing hammock for afternoon naps under the leaves of the banana tree. Owner was very kind and not invasive at all. Only complaint was the next door neighbor (at rear of property) was a very loud talker and could be heard quite easily when she was on the phone. Other than this, it was just awesome.
Burl H., Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, 6.29.08
- This house made our vacation awesome. It was a great location for my family and we couldn't have been happier. Very sad for us when we left
Gian C., North Begen, New Jersey, 3.12.08
- Having the place to myself, being able to experience the smells, clouds, beach, birds and mountains was the best. Sandy was my customer service. Love her! Experiencing the house by myself. i could sneak up to take a peak at the water and the hills behind me otherwise, I had the pool to myself. It was so private--never felt so free. My best insider tip was if you're staying with not other renters, swim naked as much as you can. Such privacy is rare and with the most perfect weather in the world, it is truly spectacular! Thank you for the most wonderful memories ever, Kelly
Kelly B., Napa, CA, 3.10.08
- The house was great and the rooms were really separate. You could hear everything that was going on throughout the house, but that was WAY offset by the fact that the house was perfect in every way. Close to the beach, nice pool area and many outside eating areas. Sandy was so plesant to work with. We also loved the fact that it wasn't touristy at all. Far from all the hub-ub of the big hotels, but still convient enough to get to when needed.
Emily H., Saratoga Springs, NY, 3.2.08
- THE UNIT WAS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN AND QUIET. THE SEA BREEZE WAS MAGNIFICENT. IT WAS PERFECT FOR 2 COUPLES AS EACH HAD THEIR OWN 'SUITE' . WE LOVED IT AND PLAN TO REQUEST IT ON OUR NEXT VISIT.
Paige J., Sacramento, CA, 2.9.08
- House had ample room for our family which was great and the location was a short block from the beach. The property manager and owner were great about quickly resolving concerns. My family had a wonderful time and that is what mattered most. The best part of the trip was swimming with the dolphins at Sea Life Park, definitely worth the money. Best new spot we learned about is Chip and Cookie in Kailua.
Teresa E., Los Angeles, CA, 1.4.08
- This was a wonderful vacation home. We went with a group of eight others and had a blast. The house is spacious and allows for privacy and alone time. The pool was great and relaxing, the yard could use a liitle cleaning of the shrubbery but very nice. The beach is very close by and the spend as much time there as possible, look out for the Honu that like to pop out of the water as well as the Portugese man of war (jellyfish) that tend to be in the water, don't touch them, swim away. Can't wait to go back! Sandy was a big help and very sweet. The Neighbor thought we were too loud one night but never mentioned anything beyond the second night. All was good. Mahalo Kuuipo
Raymond S., Hawthorne, CA, 8.28.07
- Aloha!This is actually Mike's wife Carol! I loved the the trip - from beginning to end! I loved the house and sitting at the dinning room table watching the sun rise each morning. The woman that we dealt with face to face - Sandy - was amazing! She even had her adorable dog Tasha trained to NOT go in the house! When Sandy and Tasha would come to the house it was the best visits! The pool was a huge plus, the lay out of the house was fantastic, the beach was a one minute walk away, the fresh plumeria flowers every morning was heaven, seeing all the various geckos was fun - nothing to complain about at all! I loved having the deck to sun on OR go downstairs to the pool OR go to the beach! People were friendly, the weather was gorgeous, nthe pineapple sweet and I would come back to this location in a heart beat! Mahalo!
Mike C., San Jose, CA, 8.14.07
- Great Location, cool pool and place to hang out. Buzz's has some great seafood specials and the soup and salad bar is a great value. You will love it if you stay here, brought me back to hanging out in the beach cottages of my family as a kid.
Edward J., Austin, TX, 6.19.07
- The Apartment had all we could need and if we needed anything else Sandy the housekeeper was their to provide it. The home was beautiful,beds were very comfortable! The Beach was all ours it was a very little nice walk and we owned the beach at any given time there was only about 12 people on the 2 mile stretch. It was very memorable! My daughter loved the pool it was like bath water! MAHALO ! The Puckett Family
Kim P., Fenton, MI, 4.21.07
- This is our second year at Honu Hale Lanikai. We stay with our son and his wife and baby daughter who live in Honolulu. The separate upstairs suite is perfect for us, and it is a great vacation for everyone.
Stephen W., Glendale, CA, 4.16.07
- The house was great! Everything was exactly as indicated on the web site. This was a family reunion and participation in the Pearl Harbor Dec 7 activities in memory of our beloved Dad, Grandpa and Great Grandpa. The closeness of the ocean, the view and the well equipped kitchen and house assisted in making this a memorable occasion! Thank you and Mahola!
Shirley S., Phoenix, AZ, 12.11.06
- The house and pool were great. The house was sectioned off so we didn't feel crowded. The short walk to the beach made it very convienient. We loved it and would recommend it.
Cherish R., McCall, ID, 12.4.06
Patricia K., Ludlow, VT, 11.27.06
- The house was fantastic. The location is great, it's well equipped, and we never saw a bug (a rarity in Hawaii). Only downside was that the pool was much colder than advertised - it didn't seem to be heated at all. But with the fantastic Lanikai beach just 1 block away, it didn't matter! We loved this house and would love to come back to it.
Lisa B., San Ramon, CA, 11.1.06
- Fantastic location. Helpful manager, Great pool. Great master suite.
Laura K., San Francisco, CA, 10.22.06
- We had a very short stay, but it was very comfortable and peaceful. Lots of room and the cool was an added bonus. Thank you very much.
Cindy V., Kailua, HI, 10.2.06
- This was a great place to stay for a family group who likes some separation of space. The pool is a real plus along with the proximity to the beach. We had a wonderful time. Thank you
Robert K., 8.23.06
- We had a great time. The house is very clean, spacious and got practically everything you can think of. We hope to come back soon!
Jackie N., Wheaton, IL, 8.17.06
- We really enjoyed our week. There is nothing fancy about the cottage, but it is clean and everything works. The view is amazing. It was a perfect vacation.
Jim Stigler C., Santa Monica, CA, 8.14.06
- The only unfortunate part of the stay was the daily, loud early morning construction noises. I guess one can never control the environment to the extent one would like.... In every other respect, the house was great. It gave all of us enough room, we loved the local beaches and we enjoyed being at "home" at the end of the day.
Ann C., Portland, ME, 8.14.06
- We loved the house, especially having the pool. Being so close to the ocean and the beautiful Lanakai beach, coupled with the privacy of the swimming pool made for a very relaxing, enjoyable vacation.
Greg H., Vallejo, California, 8.1.06
- The house is clean and comfortable, has everything you need, and the view is absolutely incredible. The nearby Lanikai and Kailua beaches were wonderful. My husband, two teenage sons, and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Mary K., Austin, TX, 7.24.06
- "By the Sea Home" was a wonderful place to stay. We felt so comfortable and at home there. It was very nice to have things provided for kids to use and play with in the pool. A truly GREAT experience!
Deanna G., Greensboro, NC, 7.24.06
- A very nice home away from home. Great pool and great access to a nice beach. Dave
Dave B., Prospect, KY, 7.17.06
- The week's experience was terrific. I especially liked the efficiency of hawaiianbeachrentals site and renting process.
Joseph C., Fountain Hills, AZ, 7.11.06
- The house was really nice, however most of the towels had stains in them.
Araceli V., Los Angeles, CA, 7.5.06
- Wonderful privacy. Lovely pool. Well kept and clean. Very close to an outstanding beach where we snorkled with a sea turtle!!!!
Juliana K., Minnetonka, MN, 6.23.06
- The property was excellent. We had a problem with the power that was corrected. The owner was less than pleasant.rnClaudia did an excellent job. She is an asset to your company. Her customer service skills are some of the best I have her had the pleasure to be exposed to.rnThanks
Terry S., Amery, WI, 6.19.06
- We spent a delightful month in the bungalow. It is modest, peaceful, and fun. There is plenty to do around Kailua, and Honolulu is just 20 minutes away.
Niki E., Morro Bay, CA, 6.10.06
- Very pleasant vacation rental experience. Location was superb, house itself was cute and sufficient.
Mel R., Orlando, FL, 6.7.06
- Our family had a marvelous stay in By The Sea Home. It exceeded our expectations and we would definitely stay there again! Mahalo nui loa!
Aunchalee L., Lexington, KY, 6.1.06
- The views from this house are unbelievable. The house was clean, well-stocked and perfect for a group of 4. We're figuring out when to visit next.
Donald B., 5.17.06
- We loved the By the Sea apartment! The accomodations, pool, and 2 minute walk to Lanikai made it very hard to leave! And, our 4 year old son became a beach bum! We couldn't get him out of the water.
Patty V., San Leandro, CA, 5.9.06
- We had a great time. I can't think of anything that was missing. We are already planning our next trip to By the Sea. Mahalo.
Terry S., Carlsbad, CA, 4.20.06
- The view was amazing of the Mokuluas! The house was comfortable and very well stocked. The outdoor beach gear, toys and ping pong table made fun in the sun very easy!
Darcy O., Sacramento, CA, 4.7.06
- Very much enjoyed our stay. It was a rainy week but the kids played ping pong when the weather wasn't great. Very clean, and an extremely beautiful view. Mahalo!
Kathryn L., West Vancouver, BC, 3.28.06
- My husband, 2 sons, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters had a wonderful time here. The place was spacious, and allowed each of us privacy when we wanted it. We would have liked less rain so we could have enjoyed the patio more, but in spite of that we had a great vacation. We'd come back sometine.
Bpnnie Y., Joplin, MO, 3.26.06
- The home by the sea is a very nice place to stay , close to the beach,lots of room, nicely furnished and nice pool in a beautiful back yard . We will come and stay again , 9 days went by to fast. JIm
Jim B., North Vancouver, British Columbia, 3.22.06
- Good location. Enjoyed pool. Very clean!
Cheryl B., Bloomington, MN., 3.15.06
- We had a great time and really enjoyed your bungalow. Having the beach so near was great as well. The layout of your rentals is very condusive to privacy and relaxation. Thanks for a great stay in Lanikai. Denny and Stephanie Dobson
Dennis/stephanie D., Anchorage, AK, 3.10.06
- unable to put into words how nice the place is. location is great as well. if you like to cook bring a knife sharpener. and take the hike to the "pillbox".
Jeff C., Chester, Montana, 2.11.06
- What a cute little hidaway. Lanikai Beach is the best. Mahalo!
Kedra B., Tallahassee, FL, 2.10.06
- We really enjoyed By the Sea view. The lay out was perfect for our family/ lots of room to have your own space. I like being upstairs we could always see the trees,birds, moon and water and were away from the flies below. The beach is unbelievable. We will call and stay there again next time we are on Ohau. Mahalo, Patricia
Patricia D., Seattle, Wa, 12.19.05
- We had a wonderful time at this rental, it was clean, well stocked in the kitchen, close to the most beautiful beach on the island, in our opinion. The pool was an added bonus, it provided a lot of fun for our 6 year old who was a little shy of the ocean. We saw the family of sea turtles at the local beach. It was very close to all the attractions while still feeling like you were in a small town. We plan on coming back soon!!!
Shawn W., Medford, OR, 11.19.05
- HI, We had a nice time at your rental, however the guests up stairs we stomping around a lot... but the unit is nice. We have stayed at this unit before the new owners bought it. We hope to rent it our again some day !!! great location !!! Dan Christensen
Dan C., Pittsburg, Ca, 10.26.05
- What a great place! Honu Hale Lanikai is a great hide away and recommend this place for both kamaaina's and tourist. This will be my get away place when I need some peace from the outside world. Many thanks for making our stay a great one.
Jared K., Aiea, Hawaii, 10.9.05
- We had an excellent stay in The Lanikai Bungalow. Everything we hoped for was there. We had a great, quiet and peaceful time in this lovely bungalow! Especially all the gear provided which was in excellent condition we really appreciated. When we come back to Oahu (and we will) we certainly will book this bungalow again!
Jan K., 9.12.05
- We had an awesome vacation. Thanks!
Chris M., Eugene, OR, 9.9.05
- The property exceeded our expectations. Very well maintained. We plan on staying here again the next time we visit Oahu.
Aden R., Kirkland, WA, 8.8.05
- We all where so pleased with the house, which in return made our vacation all that more enjoyable. Thanks.
Philip and Susan B., RD2 Tauranga New Zealand, 7.23.05
- It was a the perfect Location for a relaxing vacation. Plus it was close to everything, golf, shopping, Waikiki...
Kelly B., Anaheim Hills, CA, 7.14.05
- The location was, of course, fantastic. Lynn was a great hostess. The layout and size of the bungalow was great, too. I would recommend it overall.
Carlen B., Corpus Christi, TX, 6.28.05
- within a block from the beach, fully equip for any outing towels , mats , coolers and ect. good cooking fac. and washer and dryer on premises. will vist again when in the islands
Glenna A., St. Cloud, FL, 6.4.05
- This was a great place to stay. We had everything we needed plus we were just a block from one of the best beaches on the Island. Will stay here again next time were in Hawaii. Mahalo!
Cindy L., 6.3.05
- Right on the water...very well equipped. Perfect little hideway to get quiet time in a beaufitful spot.
Michael B., Stamford, CT, 5.3.05
- Great apartment. Nicely furnished. Location couldn't be better! If you really like to cook, look into the "by the sea home" which is upstairs and has a better kitchen. Otherwise, the apartment is perfect.
Shelly M., 4.25.05
- had a great time and really liked the layout of the house. it worked well for privacy among your own group. i would recommend it to any one
Robert M., San francisco, Cal, 4.17.05
- had a great time, lovely house by the beach
Ron L., Orangevale, CA, 3.15.05
- A lovely family gathering place. Very comfortable, with everything that we needed.
Cynthia T., Rockville, MD, 3.5.05
- I thought the house was lacking in general upkeep. The railing on the lanai had several rotted posts. Our 2 yr old grandson found them all. He was not injured, thankfully. The plastic sheeting on the beds was awful. Just rolling over in bed became a very loud event, quite disturbing. I did like the ease of renting thru Hawaiian Beach Rentals, but we will NOT be returning to this particular house. Have rented much better homes for $75/night cheaper. Janine
Janine B., Everett, WA, 3.5.05
- This little house was perfect for our needs. The view is spectacular, and the house accommodated us with lots of privacy for every one. We came to celebrate our daughter's wedding, most family members stayed in Waikiki, but we wanted a home away from home and so we found this little home, which was just perfect for us to hide out for some very needed R & R among the hustle and bustle of a wedding. Mahalo.
Barbara H., Crystal River, FL, 1.20.05
- Property was beautiful!!!! I would also like to send a special thank you to Peg Carey. We tried Lucy's per Peg's recommendation and we loved it. In fact my husband and I are still commenting on how good it was. Thanks a bunch Hawaiian Beach Rentals.
Jenifer B., Lake Elsinore, CA, 10.30.04
- The hosts were wonderful and gracious. The decor and location was excellent. The rating would have been 5 stars if the unit had been better equipped. E.g., it needs at least some type of oven, more cooking/serving pieces, and ideally a small dishwasher.
Judette H., 10.26.04
- Hi, We really enjoyed our time in Lanikai, and an added bonus to be next door to our friends, owners of By the Sea. Here's a few suggestions about the apartment - think these items should be taken into consideration at the price point you are renting: (1) please stock with toilet paper, there was 1.5 rolls so we bought a 6-pack. (2) check the light bulbs or leave extras as we bought one for a bedside lamp. (3) check the alarm clock if it's working, we bought a battery for it because it was empty, so leave extras. (4) we borrowed a fan and a hair dryer from next door, as well as two cereal bowls - better to have those in place already. (5) kitchen needs one larger skillet and a second cooking knife (there was one serated only) - in general, kitchen needs a once-over for supplies - pretty meager). (6) could not find a broom and/or dust bin - that would be useful to sweep sand and sweep the lanai, which needed it from the beginning. (7) found kitchen items not to be very clean upon arriva
Elizabeth S., 9.27.04
1 - 100 of 104
Lanikai vacation reviews