1 - 100 of 309
- This is a beautiful home in an upscale residential neighborhood a short walk to gorgeous beaches. The house is a spacious, charming, older, well-equipped home with updated kitchen and baths. I would love to stay there again. My only suggestions for improvements would be: The owners clothing/personal items take up much of the closet space in the master bedroom so there was little if any space to hang our items. The inside of the kitchen cabinets and dishes were not clean. Pieces of food still on pot lids, silverware, etc. which attracted a few cockroaches. The kitchen also had an unpleasant odor. Overall I think it is a great value compared to hotel prices.
Carol C., Claremont, CA, 7.3.14
- The Ocean House was very clean, charming, comfortable and immensely enjoyable. We had a very large group of 21 and it met our needs perfectly. The house is deceptively large with plenty of beds, bathrooms and spaces for privacy. The kitchen was spacious and well stocked and there were plenty of towels and beach towels. The large, open dining area with a stunning ocean view was perfect for gathering, socializing and having fun. Aside from the beach being right outside the back lanai, there was a grill and picnic table in the front area. The location on the beach with things to do nearby in Lani Kai and Kailua was perfect. I really cannot say enough good things.
Tammy B., Honolulu, HI, 5.18.14
- The Ocean House Studio was very comfortable and immensely enjoyable. We rented the studio in addition to the Ocean View house. With two ceiling fans, its own full bathroom, a kitchenette, a dining table and its own television, it was a perfect getaway for naps, relaxing, etc. It was also spotlessly clean. The two single beds made it more ideal for two separate adults then for a couple. The location on the beach and also being near things to do in Lani Kai and Kailua was perfect.
Tammy B., Honolulu, HI, 5.18.14
- Great location and competitive price. Needed to be a little cleaner with no ants.
Barry S., Bend, OR, 5.1.14
- This was a beautiful property with a lovely yard, and spacious pool with great sun exposure and also very sheltered. The home was clean, well equipped with all necessary amenities/appliances, and had comfortable beds. The views of the beach from the home were fabulous. The location on the beach could not have been better - what a fantastic setting. Being right on the beach was the best part. Only complaint is the key lock box system requiring one to go through the patio door to relock the front door after entering. As well, the inability to lock the back door (as no key provided) was a drawback. The service we received was excellent and we were very satisfied with everyone we dealt with. We certainly would recommend this to a friend and hope to stay here again ourselves. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Mark B., St. John's, NL, 4.29.14
- Ocean house is a great "old style" Hawaiin beach side house with all the modern comforts. The booking agent was efficient and professional. We had a great time and a great stay and will definitely come back on our next trip to Hawaii. This house can be rented as a 3 bedroom or a 5 bedroom so check with your agent about this.
Koh-Ann C., Central, 4.22.14
- Hello, The house was really beautiful and well equipt. It was comfortable and had everything we needed. I thought the showers could have been updated to new taps & it would have been handy to have a layout of the house as the bedrooms are very spread out. we were travelling with our 2 year old son. we couldn't have him in his own room because it was too far away from ours so if he woke in the night we wouldn't have heard him. For this reason he slept in our room and it wasn't ideal. Other than that the location, house, everything was great. Weather was disappointing as it was super windy the whole time we hardly went to the beach. Thanks so much.
Deborah S., Avalon, 4.21.14
- Loved the bungalow! It was amazing being right on the water watching sea turtles feeding right out front. Also nice to have just a short walk to Lanikai (the beach access is about 8 houses away) and 5-10 minutes to Kailua. We were able to launch our paddleboard from the house at low tide.
- The bungalow is an older, character home with amazing sliding doors that open the inside to the outside. It was very spacious, much more than the photos suggest. The VRA team was great on check in and check out. The dishes and amenities are adequate but not "high end". There were loads of sand toys, boogie boards, snorkles, masks, etc. The house had everything we needed for a great family vacation.
Elizabeth R., Vancouver, BC, 4.10.14
- I had originally booked a different house and then was forced to change a week before arrival -- I was none thrilled about this. It was nice to have a welcome basket and the kayaks though. Though large, spacious and very bright and sunny with lots of great viewing windows, the house is very worn and "well-used". Seemed like a house spring breakers would book. The toilets kept having issues and the fridge could not make ice (though they did bring ice for us the 2nd day). Floors were worn, dishes all had chips. For the 8 of us it seemed a bit excessive to have a house that slept 22. The views were spectacular.
- I seemed to have more than one booking agent, or person who communicated with me before arrival. That was a bit confusing and there was not a lot of consistency. I had emailed shortly after booking to ask if someone could help me with activity arrangements, and I never heard from anyone. Overall, the service prior to arrival was spotty and very impersonal.
- Kepola, who welcomed us and kept in contact via text and phone while we were there, was nice and very helpful. Same with her husband.
- I would not used Hawaiian Beach Rentals again.
Margot K., San Francisco, CA, 4.10.14
- Hale Sweet Hale. It and its location stole our hearts.
- The booking process and weeding out process to select this property is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. For us it was fairly simple. I knew what area of Oahu I wanted to stay in and it came down to location and looks. I've stayed in many cottages in my life and this one exceeded all previous experiences with setup, location and feel. It felt like home.
- The condition of the home is and was clean and lived in, not Hotel sterilized but clean. The home had every creature comfort as far as cooking and cleaning and even included Televisions. (Which in 7 days were never powered on)
- I can't say enough about the location and closeness to everything that this property is. Unfortunately we only found that out on the last 2 days as our errands took us into Kaneohe to do most of our errands then changed that after we accidently discovered the shops right under our noses.
- We will definitely stay in this property again and will recommend to all who enquire about visiting Oahu.
- For my family there really are too many "Best Parts of the Trip" to label any one defined part as the "Best". In seven days we managed to keep every other day open and only left our area for minor excursions. The odd days we took in Chief's Luau, the Arizona Memorial, went Deep Sea fishing with Capt. Hopper on The Seeker (I caught a Kawakawa) and lastly we walked and jogged the entire length of the Lanikai Beach from Wailea Point to most north west point on Kailua Bay. We walked and jogged on many beaches while on Oahu and Kailua Beach beat them all. From watching the sunrise between the Mokulua Islands (every morning) to Climbing the Pill Box and watching it set.
- We'd like to thank all involved in helping this dream come true and we will most definitely return.
- Russ, Tracey and Tom Howell
- Gillam, Manitoba Canada
Russ H., Gillam, MB, 4.6.14
- We cannot wait to return! The hale was completely perfect and exceeded our expectations. The amenities and location are outstanding. We highly recommend hale sweet hale.
Lisa N., Aptos, CA, 3.31.14
- We love coming to Hale Maluhia for our yearly Hawaiian vacation with our family! This year, we did have a few problems with the house, which are worth mentioning. The beds in the room next to the laundry room needs a few repairs: the towel rack broke away from the wall, the outdoor light fixture fell and brokein a storm, and our children complained that the beds were not comfortable. Additionally, the inside bedroom bed is very uneven and really should be replaced (for the cost of this house, a bad sleep is not ok). We would like to continue renting this house every year, but we find it difficult to assign rooms to our children or our friends, knowing that the beds are not comfortable. Other than the beds, the house is wonderful, and clean and our preferred vacation spot!
Julie F., Seattle, WA, 3.31.14
- My wife and I really enjoyed the ocean studio. Only steps from lanikai beach, and nestled into a very quiet road. We would definitely stay here again.
- Customer service was very good when booking and check in and check out process was very easy. Cottage was very clean and everything we needed such as towels, dishes, appliances, etc were provided. Yes, I would book again and yes, I would recommend it to a friend.
Ryan B., Kittery, ME, 3.23.14
- This is a fantastic spot. Accommodation is quite basic, but more than adequate. We absolutely loved the time we spent at Honu Hale. I would return in a second.
Francie C., New Haven, VT, 3.21.14
- It was great. We loved the location the look. Everything was great. I give it a 5
Anna L., Pomona, KS, 3.11.14
- Our family had a wonderful time at the Ocean Treehouse. The entire process was a snap. You could not beat the location. The home itself had everything that we needed, from extra rolls of toilet paper to stain spray for the laundry. The sandy part of the beach was an easy 10 minute walk. Being able to smell the fragrant landscaping every day walking into the house was wonderful. We definitely appreciated the well thought out book of information for the house. The only cons that I would mention is that we did have to clean the cookware/bakeware prior to use. It might have just been sitting stagnant for too long. And even though the breeze was wonderful with the doors left open, we weren't expecting the onslaught of biting black flies and mosquitos.
Jen N., Greenville, NY, 3.3.14
- Our stay at Hale Onekea was relaxing, rejuvenating and delightful. This studio apartment is spacious with high ceilings and lots of light. Every detail is attended to in the kitchen area with plenty of space to move around and prep a light meal :) The bath is gorgeous and the whirlpool tub was a perfect touch! Very comfy bed and a daily supply of freshened towels for bath and beach was wonderful. Our hosts are so gracious and accommodating, making Hale Onekea our favorite spot to stay while vacationing on Oahu :)))
Margaret C., 2.24.14
- This property proved go be exactly what I was looking for, a real feel of Hawaii. Four adults had no problem with the one bathroom at all. Everything we required was there and with the beach so close it was ideally situated. If there was a problem it was dealt with speedily and with good spirit. Nothing was too much trouble. A personal comment that I know represents all of us who travelled fron England to paradise...... this house wrapped it's love around us, this family and their friends welcomed us and gave us a taste of the real Hawaiian warmth. Mahalo x I would choose the house again should I be fortunate enough to return. Trudy.
Trudy T., King's Lynn, Norfolk, 2.16.14
- If you are looking for a Hawaiian vacation that is laid back and relaxing with an outstanding beach, then Hale Onekea is for you. The apartment & beach are exactly as pictured. The owners go out of their way to make your stay 5 star in every way! There is a wide selection of beach chairs, umbrellas & coolers. Towels & linens are plentiful. Anything we needed, the owners provided. All the extra little touches by Sylvia made this vacation sensational. Thank you Sylvia & Dan!!
Virginia P., 2.16.14
- Cute studio and perfect for 2. Spent lots of time on Lanikai Beach which is what exactly we wanted. We've heard so much good things about the area and Lanikai Beach being the best and it truly was. We literally walked right out the door and within seconds we were on the beach. We had a fantastic vacation and will be back.
Havilah S., 2.15.14
- Best views ever. Everything about this home and location was terrific. Would and will recommend to family and friends.
- We had a wonderful stay. The place was awesome and actually has a much better view than the pictures show! It's a very short walk to a gorgeous beach. Our contact here was great. She was very attentive, gave great direction but also respected our privacy. I highly recommend this property.
Sarah P., Seattle, WA, 2.4.14
- Location and outside deck are good. Caught some great sunrises. But internet was spotty and caused frustration in getting work done. The furniture, particularly, the deck furniture left a lot to be desired. You would think providing comfortable places to sit on the deck would be a priority.
Richard K., West Bloomfield, MI, 1.14.14
- We had a great time and throughly enjoyed the home. Exactly what we were looking for as had the island feel and them in the home. We arrived and were pleasantly greeted by guest services who physically showed us the home and beach access. The home is very well decorated and very clean. Large front yard to hang out and relax. Great are for our kids and they enjoyed the green grassy lawn to play. We ate outside mostly as it had a picnic table under a shady tree. Beach access was a very quick walk and undoubtedly this was the best beach we've ever been to. We difinitley look forward to coming back and would recommend to our family and friends. Thanks Kepola for helping us make our first Christmas/New Year Vacation to Hawaii a success.
- We loved the place and it exceeded our expectation. The place is awesome and great for a family vacation, all details are well thought off and it's very comfortable and we'll be back there.
Zohar Z., Malibu, CA, 1.11.14
- This was my second visit here & it was just as enjoyable as before. It is very suitable for my needs as it is simple, clean & reasonably priced. It is a very short walk to Lanikai Beach. It is also very quiet.
Kyle I., West Covina, CA, 1.7.14
- Our stay at "Happy Hale Lanikai" was wonderful! It was very clean, spacious and a perfect location for our family. We loved being able to spend time on the beach every day, which to access is just a short 2 minute walk. We enjoyed just hanging out around the pool, hot tub and the back deck too, enjoying our family time. Sitting on the deck watching the waves, turtles, kayakers, kite surfers, wind surfers, swimmers and occasionally getting a glimpse of whales out in the distance was such a relaxing and enjoyable time. The walk to the park and to Island Snow to get shaved ice was a fun outing each day. Being together for 10 days with our 4 boys, 2 daughter-in-laws and our 2 grandchildren (7 month old and 3 yr old) was a wonderful time and we will treasure these new memories.
Susan C., Moses Lake, WA, 1.7.14
- We stayed at Hale Onekea for 6 days and our experience was fantastic. Our host was very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The vacation home came with supplies for the beach (blankets, chairs, some toys, sun screen, etc...) and the hosts provided anything else we needed when we asked (i.e. binoculars and flashlights for site seeing / hiking). The home itself was very clean and modern, thought we had internet issues for a few days. Strongly recommend Hale Onekea if you're looking to get away from the tourist areas and stay at an area 'off the beaten path'. Some quick advice: the space is ideal for couples and cooking space is limited. Very large refrigerator available - save some money and buy your drinks in bulk or larger sizes.
David L., 12.20.13
- We had a five-star stay at Hale Onekea!! The is place is beautiful and centrally located within the Lanikai community with a beautiful view of the mountain and a short walk to the beach. The property appears to be new and well cared for with all the comforts of home. Our hosts were wonderful. They provided extraordinary hospitality that made our 8-day stay (over Thanksgiving) truly special and memorable. We had complete privacy too. They provided us with fruit, chocolates, macadamia nuts, and pumpkin pie (with whip cream!), and fresh towels and linens when we requested them. We will return to Hale Onekea and will recommend the place to family and friends.
Robert S., 12.3.13
- The house was nice and clean. The street noise was very annoying, as was the family that lived behind/attached to the house we rented...the teenage boys cussed and their kitchen noise was right next to our kitchen and bedroom and they were in there late at night and early morning making alot of noise. Overall, the house was good and close to the beach...had to ask for more toilet paper and was told what was provided was a courtesy and we were to supply the rest. I've never heard of this...it's not like we can take extra TP on the plane! They did end up bringing 2 more rolls.
Mandy F., Phoenix, AZ, 12.2.13
- Loved everything about our stay at Alala!
David L., Del Mar, CA, 11.14.13
- Wonderful location, fabulous hosts; all you could possibly need and more. The property manager ensured that we were comfortable and had everything available to us should we need it. She offered recommendations and even baked cookies. Lordy! All that said, it felt private and we would not only love to return but would highly recommend to others. Hillary
Wyatt S., 10.28.13
- Wow! We had a wonderful stay at the Ocean Treehouse. It was a very nice home and Loved the view from the deck. Everything we needed was there, we would rent again. The beach was breathtaking. Thank you!!!
Bernadette F., San Jose, CA, 10.14.13
- Hale Onekea was absolutely incredible! The unit was exceptionally clean and had everything we could ask for from chairs, umbrellas and beach towels. Sylvia and Dan were so wonderful and provide us with suggestions for our stay, we pretty much did everything recommended by them and LOVED IT!!! We are already planning our next visit to Hale Onekea, as we couldn't have asked for anything better!!! Thank you so much Syliva & Dan!!! -Mary and Moses (Tx)
Moses V., 9.16.13
- My daughter and I had booked a last minute rental in Lanikai. We needed a place to relax and unwind while enjoying the amenities of a lanikai location. Our rental was perfect for us, set amongst lush palms, ocean and mountain views from the little roof deck. A small space with all we needed, sparkling clean, kitchenette for morning coffee, and preparing a snack. I enjoyed the multi-level space because I could sit upstairs in the living room or out on roof deck in morning at spectacular sunrise over the ocean while sipping coffee or evening glass of wine under the stars. Did I mention it is a few minute walk to the beach. The agent was lovely, warm, friendly and responsive. Would stay again and recommend to friend.
Lynda F., Manchester, MA, 9.16.13
- We enjoyed our vacation and this home. Being oceanfront was an amazing experience. We were able to view sightings of sea turtles right from the beachside deck, enjoy the morning sunrises, and launch kayaks from here. Location is just beautifull and we had lots of privacy. We were very happy with our rental and would recommend this home to others. Guest services were really great to work. Thank you for helping us make our vacation a success.
Garth S., Stanford, CA, 8.31.13
- The location (upper part of Lanakai and close proximity to the beach) was very good. Customer service offered by the on-line management company, the owner, and the property manager next door was excellent. E-communications were received on a timely basis. Our family group (an 86 yr old uncle, his daughter, our son, his two children, my husband and myself) was comfortable with the bedroom and bathroom arrangements. Our uncle was able to manage the stairs required by the split nature of the home. Some people may have more problems with this as the main house and main kitchen are upstairs, the pool and lower unit are downstairs. The pool and landscape provide a lush Hawaiian setting. We had a wonderful time in the pool, on the upper lanai with a view of the ocean, and with easy visits to the beach. As listed on the web-site, the home is dependent upon ocean breezes. There were ceiling and floor fans provided. The property also provided many necessities not always present in rentals....laundry detergent, dish and dishwasher detergent, paper products, and a nice supply of seasonings for cooking. We were highly satisfied. Mahalo!
Judy H., Austin, TX, 8.20.13
- Home Sweet Home. Back for our 3rd visit in three years and as always the best home we have ever rented to accommodate our family. The guest services are terrific and really make the booking process very easy with there system. Always there to greet us upon arrival and departure. This home as the most fantastic views. All you see is this beautiful blue and turquois waster all day long and as always constant sighting of sea turtles right from the oceanside lawn. We had great weather, lots of fun on Lanikai Beach, woke to awesome surnrises and can't wait to come back again. Mahalo for making our stay another great one.
Gene L., Oakland, CA, 8.16.13
- Hale Onekea was absolutely perfect! The photos didn't do it justice. The linens were freshly washed and the kitchen was stocked with everything needed to cook with. Beach towels, umbrellas and chairs were included! Sylvia & Dan were so helpful with food suggestions, hikes, directions and fun things to do. My boyfriend and I haven't stopped talking about how amazing and relaxing our stay was. We love you Sylvia!! And the amazing MANGO!!
Alex S., 8.4.13
- We had a wonderful visit to Kailua and stay at this studio. Was perfect for the two of us. Clean, quiet, cozy and beach is only a couple of minutes away. I would recommend this to friends and stay here again. Big thanks to the guest services as they met us at the unit and when we departed.
Michael D., Stanwell Park, 8.4.13
- Customer service missed a beat, this time. I had to call after 3 days had lapsed since I submitted my on-line request. The response time in 2011 was within hours.
Debra Anne T., San Francisco, CA, 7.19.13
- My apologies for the late review but we've been traveling ever since. The Lanikai Beach Bungalow made our vacation to Oahu just amazing. Being able to wake up in the morning to the sunrises right there with the Mokulua Islands in view was just breath taking. We loved the home and the layout and most of all the privacy we had from the oceanside lawn. Thanks again for making out stay a wonderful time. We look forward to coming back and will difinitely let u know.
- We were very pleased with our stay. The beach house was well furnished, airy and clean. The attention we received during our stay was great. The view was fantastic, the beach clean and perfect for swimming, snorkeling and paddle boarding. The wind off the water made every day comfortable in 85 degree sun. We would recommend this rental to anyone wanting to vacation on Oahu. A.L.J. Seattle
Art J., Auburn, WA, 7.10.13
- We highly recommend this property! It was clean with beautiful views and was great for families. The deck is even better thsn the pictures!! Our agent was great and we would definitely stay here/use this agency again. Great, easy and no drama rental!!
Erica E., Las Vegas, NV, 7.6.13
- The house worked very well for our family. Two couples upstairs and family of 5 downstairs. Not pristine but very liveable. The pool was a joy - enjoyed by everyone. Lots of stairs for the little ones. The beach was a short walk and beautiful. The kitchen was well equipped and the BBQ was very convenient. Glad we rented both up and down, because renting only one unit you would be sharing the back yard and pool--which may or may not work out. All in all it was a great trip for all of us. Would do it again.
Sandra L., Cypress, CA, 7.4.13
- Our family group of 20 fit very comfortably in this beautiful house. We could not have asked for a more gorgeous view with the ocean literally steps out the back door. There is just a short walk to two different beaches, as well as a hike up a large hill offering incredible views. The sleeping arrangements were a little awkward with 3 beds in the main living space, but we made it work. There were plenty of beach towels, sand toys, and snorkeling equipment provided. The property manager immediately responded to our requests and made us feel welcome. Our whole group, adults and kids alike, had an amazing time staying in this house!
Marino L., Corry, PA, 6.26.13
- This beach house is a dream! Love, love love this place. Great location in a very nice neighborhood. My husband and I along with some friends stayed at this house for 5 days and we all never wanted to leave. It's a very warm and cozy place. Not the most modern in terms of looks but has a whole lot of flavor to it. It also has pretty much everything you need. The lady who checked us in was very accommodating and she sure made us feel right at home. If you are looking for a home away from home, this is it!
Alexa S., Alexandria, VA, 6.26.13
- Loved our stay!!! The kids kayaked everyday! Adults kayaked, toured Hawaii, and relaxed!! What more could we have wanted :). Plenty of space for 15, adults and teens. Loved the cool air and ocean sounds at night. Can't wait to come back!!!
Tere R., Mesa, AZ, 6.20.13
- Loved the house and the location. Would go back in a heartbeat. The house was in great shape upon moving in and the support from the agent was very good. We were completely satisfied with our 1-week stay.
Karen P., Brunswick, ME, 6.17.13
- Cottage was what I expected. Note: on rainy humid days the ceiling fans do not cool the room. Fans need to be replaced with ones that are able to move air around the room since it has no AC. No windows face the ocean so none of the breezes come from that direction. The bed I slept in I believe has bed bugs because I came home with bites all over. The mattress needs to be replaced and area treated. TV is very small from across the room from the beds. Would have been nice to have a larger screen to see from there. I agree with a previous review that more comfortable seating would be nice to watch TV or eat at the table. No direct access to beach view from site (it's reserved for the Big house tenants.) You have to walk down a busy neighborhood street to get to the cutoff to the beach or drivewalk up to Kailua beach. Will need a car to do anything besides go to the beach. The better variety of food places are in town and grocery stores. Kailua was a great little town to walk around and shop. Nice to be away from the busier tourist areas. People were very friendly. Rental was clean (other than the bed bugs) and supplied most of what you need. Customer Service was great and very attentive before and during stay. Was my first time using a rental service like this one. Would recommend to rent from this company. They did what they said and no problems with payment, check in or check out. They made it very easy.
Wanda P., Cypress, TX, 6.17.13
- Perfect location, Perfect House, Perfect Service. All in all a perfect holiday.
Anne S., Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, 6.3.13
- Simply wonderful! My husband and I were thrilled with our stay and would stay again in a heartbeat. The space was meticulously clean upon arrival, and the hosts (Sylvia and Dan) were amazing--genuinely kind, quick to respond, and very professional in terms of follow-up. So close to the beach (literally takes 3 mins to walk there in flip flops) which is so beautiful and not crowded at all. At night it is particularly beautiful because it is so far away from the big city's light pollution. Also close to places to rent kayaks, etc, but Sylvia and Dad provide beach chairs and even coolers for daily use. 5 min drive to a very cute local market that has great coffee, and about 15 mins to the Whole Foods or Safeway or Foodland markets in town. Overall, very highly recommended. You really can't go wrong with this rental. Thank you, Sylvia and Dan, for everything! All the best, Jean & Will (NYC)
Jean C., 5.14.13
- This place was truly a dream vacation. The location of the Ocean House is perfect for those wanting to get away and enjoy the Hawaiian paradise. There is plenty to do in Kailua and you have the best beach in Hawaii located steps away without the crowds. In our week long stay, we spent a day in Waikiki and that was plenty of time to convince us that we had made the right decision to rent a place far away from there. Lanikai beach is just amazing (and quiet)! You will not regret a decision to stay here!
Danny T., San Francisco, CA, 3.27.13
- Loved the location, beach access, Pill Box Trail, Lanikai and Kailua Beaches were wonderful. Would definitely recommend to a friend. The only complaint is the noise from upstairs. Mahalo!
Jeanne K., Brodheadsville, PA, 3.27.13
- I could not have asked for a better vacation home! The house comes with all the amenities needed, so all that was necessary was a trip to the market to stock the fridge! I was also provided with a list of restaurants, shops, markets, etc. for everything else, so there was no need to look up places to eat or where to rent kayaks! The location was perfect. Watching the sunrise and hearing the ocean waves splash against the lapping wall while I had morning tea was a nice way to start the day! The house literally sits on the oceanfront and enjoyed walking alongside the beach right from the backyard. The water and views are absolutely beautiful! There really was no need to leave the house when you have the best views in Hawaii! Thank you for the amazing service! I was greeted at the house and was provided everything I needed. Any questions were taken care of immediately after a phone call or text. They made sure I had the best possible experience during our stay. Many thanks to the agency and Hawaii for the perfect home... Definitely would love to be a guest again! Aloha & Mahalo!
Annie O., Rochester, NY, 3.26.13
- We rented in Lanikai and were right on the oceans, sea turtles swimming right outside. Beautiful sunrises, wonderful ocean sounds to help sleep at night. The staff and everyone was VERY pleasant, helpful, attentive and couldn't have been better!! This was an excellent rental experience. All the touches at the the house, welcome basket, fresh flowers and decorations throughout the home made it seem so welcoming. It was nice to have the water dispenser and the ability to utilize beach towels, until we bought our own, a hot tub as well as access to Wi-Fi, etc! Very wonderful experience for me and all my sisters. YES - we would rent this house or another through Vacation Rental Agent again!!!
Barb B., Bloomington, MN, 3.21.13
- Small, charming space but surprisingly comfortable and a good deal for the price. Everything was clean and worked fine.Great location. Could use a small sofa or something relaxing to sit on besides the beds or dining chairs. We would go back here again. Recommend good meals at Whole Foods in Kailua - especially the cheap salad bar on Wednesdays.
Robert M., Bainbridge Island, WA, 2.26.13
- This was our third time renting the Ocean Tree House. We love it and cant say enough good things about it.
Kerilyn M., Barre, MA, 2.24.13
- The house was a very comfortable, lovely home and our service was excellent. The house was clean, however there are a few things that should be taken care of in the master bedroom/bathroom: ants (or some kind of bug) in the master bathroom, saggy mattress in the master bedroom, and sticky bedroom door (hard to open). Other than these items, we were very happy with the rental. Mahalo!
Julie F., Seattle, WA, 2.16.13
- This rental was well worth the cost! So close to the ocean, wonderful neighborhood, and the home itself was beyond our expectations! The pool was so clean, the home so comfortable, and the care for the guests was evident with all needs given special attention - ie, towels, kitchen, linens, etc. The caretaker, who lives next door, came to greet us the day after we arrived and did not bother us after that at all! We would certainly consider this home again!
Lynn R., Rathdrum, ID, 2.14.13
- A great place for a casual, multi-generational family gathering. Four out of five only because it is a bit worn in places and the beach access is tricky, but if you want a low-key stay with a large number of people, by all means consider this house!
John B., New York, NY, 1.16.13
- We were very pleased with this beautiful oceanfront home. Carlos, Shylah and team had it in sparkling condition when we arrived and everything was perfect. Lanikai beach was not even a two minute walk to the main beach area and even extended directly in front of the house about half the week when the surf was lower. There were multiple outdoor sunning areas on the property we took advantage of - poolside, lanai, and upstairs terrace. The large kitchen and open living/dining area made for great family meals. Worth every penny to see the Wow! look on everyone's face when they first arrived.
Neil O., San Diego, CA, 1.8.13
- The overall quality of the rental was excellent and we'd love to go back. The property is well maintained, spacious and clean. The interior is older (some of the nearby houses looked more modern), but the furniture is contemporary and the space functions really well. The communal spaces provide a lot of opportunity to relax, enjoy the weather and one another's company. The outdoor spaces made it easy to hit the beach, go kayaking or snorkeling. We were traveling with an infant and found the space ideal for a multi-generational trip (grandparents, adults and kids). The beds/mattresses were suitable for a good night's rest, but not luxurious. The kitchen is well maintained and had all the pots, pans and dinnerware we needed to prepare meals. The barbecue was a nice touch. The bathrooms were fine. The booking agent/property manager was outstanding. They made arrangements for our kayak and long board rentals, which greatly simplified the trip. They had a high chair and infant bed (pack and play) ready for us on arrival. There were a few small maintenance items (dead batteries, light bulbs, broken toaster) that they took care of right away. Most of our maintenance problems were electrical, which I imagine is a consequence of being at an oceanfront property where the salt, water and electrons don't mix very well (I suspect you'd have the same problems at any oceanfront house). But the property manager seemed on top of things and got things corrected the same day. The house had all the beach gear you'd need to enjoy the trip (chairs, umbrella, towels, straw mats, snorkels, sand toys). It was really well appointed. Beach access is approximately a 5 min walk along the street. At low tide, there was a rocky beach in front of the house and you could potentially walk to the main Lanaki beach via the oceanfront. We were able to put the kayaks in from the back yard. I would definitely recommend Aloha Beach Rentals and this property to anyone seeking a relaxing time in Hawaii. If you want over the top luxury, this isn't the house. But it's perfect for a family looking to spend some quality time in Kailua / Lanakai.
Tom S., Iowa City, IA, 1.7.13
- Really enjoyed our stay at the Mermaids Hideaway. The deck with the ocean views over Lani Kai was fantastic. I also really enjoyed the 5 min walk to the beach. It was a great location. The house was well kept and cared for. I would book it again and I would recommend it to a friend as well. The rental agency was very helpful and courteous and responded immediately to all inquires.
Elaine S., Santa Rosa, CA, 1.2.13
- The studio was perfect. Right on the beach. Can't ask for anything more. Customer service was great. Our needs were always attended. I give this studio a 5 star and definitely will recommend it to a friend and family member.
Godofredo P., Lynnwood, WA, 12.23.12
- Beautiful, charming home and property. Perfectly located. ideal for our family of 4 couples and 2 small children. Immaculately kept ,considering the age of the house! Great costumer service from VRA. Yes we'll come back, yes We'll recommend it. The broken dishwasher was an inconvenience, since we love to home cook every day, but those things can happen and be fixed. I took one star only because the dining room sits 6 when the house sleeps 8-10, and the amazing back yard with it's breathtaking views (we caught a full moon) could be more user friendly in the evenings with more torches or some kind of lighting that doesn't disturb the marine life, and also a table that could seat us all!!! We had one of the most beautiful family vacations, and the house had a lot to do with it. Thank You!!
Alejandra L., Laguna Niguel, CA, 11.30.12
- I had the most incredible week long stay at the Hale Onekea and would highly recommend it to everyone. After years of staying in the top hotels on the island, this was a wonderful change for the better! The guest room is beautiful, clean, comfortable and attached to a spectacular home. Staying in LaniKai on one of the islands prettiest beaches spoils you. The owners of the home are warm, friendly hosts that make you feel as if you could become part of the family. There was nothing more that could have been done to improve on my stay there....it was PERFECT! I will most definitely return there. Marty S., Malibu, Ca.
Marty S., 11.26.12
- The rental was very nice and we enjoyed having our breakfast on the lanai. It was clean and well kept. The manager was very helpful and friendly. Only problem was the living room. I like to decorate, so I would put the TV in the wall space were the mirror is and the futon against the opposite wall. We are tall people and those two little rattan chairs were soooo uncomfortable. A simple couch in front of the TV would do it, with the rattan chairs on either side. Because where the futon now is, you cannot see the TV, so you can not use that as a couch, besides we needed it as a bed. Also in the kitchen there were only two tiny tiny little pans (besides nice frying pans), not one was large enough to cook spaghetti in.Best part was the proximity to that fabulous beach, and yes, I would recommend the place and I would like to come again. But it was nice that we had family to visit (with big pots and a couch). Mahalo, Marijke
Marijke F., Venice, FL, 11.13.12
- The host and hostess were the mostest!!!!!
Matt C., 11.13.12
Maria S., St Petersburg, 11.8.12
- Very satisfied! great accommodation, very quiet, very clean, has everything we need, many windows so we really enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. great location, just 5 minutes away by walk from Lanikai and Kailua--- two of the best beaches on Oahu; and 5 minutes drive from Kailua downtown where there are many restaurants yet not too crowd. The agent is very nice and friendly, and procided lots of helpful information. Highly recommend! (the farmer's marketi on Thursday is a lot of fun :))
Jing C., Palatine, IL, 11.3.12
- The house and pool was great! All things for the kitchen were there. The only issue was we could use the wifi on our ipads but could not use wifi on our iphones. We did not have a password for the secured wifi and we tried everything but it wouldn't work.
Joanne B., Vancouver, BC, 10.29.12
- Just got home from our Hawaii vacation. Ocean house was perfect for our large group of 19. The beach is amazing. All of the staff from the beginning to end were very helpful. They gave us tips on where to go and dining places. Definitely was a great place for us to stay. Would recommend it if you have a large group because the house was plenty big enough for us. Would recommend them again. Everyone thought the sand at the beach was the best!!!
Marci H., Tucson, AZ, 10.21.12
- Everything was absolutely amazing! From the moment we arrived, the staff was very helpful and polite. The house was a perfect location with hardly any foot traffic along the beach in the back yard. We swam with the turtles everyday! The best family vacation spot! We are coming back next year! It was great!
Vanessa B., Santa Clarita, CA, 10.14.12
- It's a great place and the booking agent was serviceable. Everything was in top condition, at walking distance from Lanikai beach. We would book again or recommend it to friends. The best part... watching the turtles swim on the beach!
Marina M., Menlo Park, CA, 10.14.12
- Fantastic location--so nice to be able to walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise; little to no traffic or other noise from a nice quiet neighborhood. GREAT, functional, well-stocked kitchen (anyone who cooks will be VERY happy); especially appreciated the fact that this felt more like a guest home than a rental: instead of bare shelves, the kitchen is stocked with basics and more, extra sunscreen, aloe, etc... Comfy living area. We were seven women sharing the space, and did fine (another half bath would have been grand, but we managed). Love the outdoor shower. Kailua town is great (hit Agnes' for hot, made to order malasadas; skip Whole Foods and Safeway, and go to Foodland instead. Twogood Kayaks provided great paddle tours out to the Mokuleas.
Laura L., Denver, CO, 9.28.12
- Great location! Friendly owners that were helpful. Amenities were dated.
Melissa B., Portland, OR, 9.13.12
- It was one of the most fantastic experience in my life with a great location & nice view. You should never underestimate a fabulous status of "Beachfront". We will definitely visit this house again.
Toshiyuki M., Ota-ku, Tokyo, 8.31.12
- excellent property, considerably larger than we had anticipated and with a truly magnificent view over to the Mokes. the property was really well equipt particularly with the kitchen being well stocked with herbs spices and condiments as well as a number of other things like flour and tins of tomatoes. this made it feel like home within hours not by the time we had to leave. we loved it and its location is genuinely 5 minutes walk from the beach where we snorkelled and saw turtles and a wide range of reef fish. only comment re how better to run the rentals would be to have a one page note summarising what we need to do to make the place run smoothly. We were slow to opick up the bin day and as such missed it and had to do a rubbish run which was fine, but we could have done without. This was because there was possibly too much rather than too little in the guest manual...hence the suggestion of a one page summary which you could leave out for guests, asking them to read it and then move for more details to the main manual, which was complete and very helpful. There is no aircon and this was not a problem, though it was pretty warm. the trade winds did cool the property at night.
Oliver H., Stanley, 8.26.12
- Overall, we like the Ocean Treehouse. It was exactly what we wanted in Lani Kai. Having raced a small sailboat from San Francisco to Kaneohe, we were looking for a nice place, away from the Kaneohe YC but close enough that it wasn't a chore to get there. Only issue was the broken washing machine. We weren't able to get clothes washed following the sail from the mainland.
Tony E., Pleasant Hill, CA, 8.9.12
- Excellent beach spot, not one single bug.
Don G., San Jose, CA, 7.28.12
- We had a fantastic time here - great location, with the sea (and green turtles) just outside, a short walk to either Lanikai or Kailua beaches... and coffee at the Market, and a short drive to Kailua town. The beach-style house is large, clean and comfortable. We appreacited the service and tips from the owner (eg suggestions on a good hike nearby and renting kyaks). Strongly recommended!
Marion B., Camperdown, 7.20.12
- Perfect family vacation home, great location, good shopping and lots to do.
Kelly B., Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 7.20.12
- We loved the house and location. The house has a well equipped kitchen and the view was great. Getting up in the am looking at the sun comming up over the Mokukua islands was great. The down side was the roaches. Killed at least 6 large critters and we were paranoid obout them getting into our luggage. Had to shake out our shoes at the door befor putting them on to get them out. Found them downstairs in the lower bedroom and in the office. The beach equipment could use some replacement. I understand the tropical location invites the unwanted newborns and the the house was just sprayed from the receipt we saw at the door. Maybe he needs to spray for them.
Daniel B., Oxford, CT, 7.8.12
- Perfect house for a family vacation: beuatifully furnished, roomy, idyllic views. Great location with a beuatiful beach right outside lanai and lawn. Only negative is having to take the garbage to the curb, but worth the unusual inconvenience.
MaryAnn F., Hinsdale, IL, 6.26.12
- We would definitely recommend a friend stay at this rental. It was clean and has just what you need to meet your needs. The booking of unit was flawless. This is the second time we have used this company to book a beach house and we will use them again & again. The nicest thing about using them this time was the representative that called me the day before we arrived & she met us at the unit when we arrived. She (and her husband) was awesome and by the end of our trip felt like we had a new friend on Hawaii! She also met us to say good-bye and give us a hug on the way out. We had seen this house many times on other trips to Lanikai, I was very excited to be staying there! Mahalo for a wonderful trip, as usual!!
Mary Beth L., Webster, TX, 6.15.12
- We had a terrific stay in Lanikai. The bungalow was charming and the location is the best. The customer service was fantastic and I would stay there again the next time i am lucky enough to visit Oahu.
Mary L., New York, NY, 5.15.12
- This was a perfect rental - from the comfort of the studio to the wonderful hosts to the beautiful location. As a business traveler frequently coming to Hawaii, this is the first time I felt like I was 'home away from home'. I can't say enough about the high quality and cleanliness of the room, and the ease of access to the gorgeous beach and hiking trails. Will definitely stay here again!!
Patti G., Royal Oak, MI, 5.7.12
- Best place to be. Nice beautiful house. Awesome caretaker who accommodates all your needs. So worth it, and we loved everything about it.
Kehau M., Kailua, HI, 4.26.12
- Our stay at Hale Sweet Hale was truly a great place to stay at in such a wonderful paradise! Not only a clean place but comfortable! The land lord on site was amazing and always there for us if we needed something! The location was perfect! Having the beach only a 2 min walk was great!!!! At first we though this sucks no tv in the livingroom and only a little one in the master bedroom ! But it was the best thing ever because we read we talked we just say there and relaxed and listened to the birds outside and best of all we walked and say at the beach instead of sitting in front of the Tv!!!!!! Thanks do much for making our trip that much more fun!!!
Kim H., Hagan, AB, 4.18.12
- Having a home right on the water is awesome. We could see turtles feeding 20 feet from us constantly. Very nice home, great location and great quality.
Tim C., Phoenix, AZ, 4.13.12
- Awesome, awesome, awesome! We were made to feel right at home and if we needed anything they were more then happy to help. The location is perfect and puts you right at Lanikai beach. You are removed from the city atmosphere of Waikiki and placed in a chill heaven. And everything seems to be just a stones throw away!!!
Juan C., Mesa, AZ, 3.29.12
- We did like the house, it was very sweet, with beautiful furnishings, and the kitchen was great to be able to eat in after being out and about. Loved the location for getting to those magificent sunsets!The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that there is some need for updates, i.e., the floors need replacing, and some kitchen utensils are very old. I would stay there again!
Susan S., Kirkland, 3.26.12
- Not only was the unit exceptionally clean, but bed and pillows excellent - best we had on 4 islands! Would definitely rebook and highly recommend to all looking for a great place to stay away from big city life - very quiet!! DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS AS A HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
Brenda F., Aurora, CO, 3.14.12
- Excellent facilities, personal touches, and great location.
Craig S., Seattle, WA, 3.4.12
- Alala point is awesome! It's quaint, and everything is really nice. The location is amazing. I'd definitely recommend it.
Rebecca C., Palmer, AK, 3.4.12
- We stayed here to celebrate mom's 80th birthday. From the beginning of our first connection with Kia'aina to checking out, all went perfectly. The house has the feel of an old plantation house that easily accommodated the ten of us..... I can see how it would sleep 22 nicely. Having a full laundry room was a plus and didnt think we needed two fridges, but boy did that come in handy.....a drink fridge and a food fridge! We loved the large kitchen....wish there were more glasses for drinks, but we made do. We walked the neighborhood and met so many wonderful people with lots of lovely tips. The Moke Islands are must do for next time, but the kayaking out to the bird sanctuary was very interesting. For those less interested in battling the sea waves in a kayak, the canal was a lovely gentle paddle....saw Night Heron and heard there were barracudas in the canal.......no wonder the fish were so active! The turtles were there to greet us every morning and the waves sang us to sleep every night. Be prepared for some wind, but we loved it! It cooled off us NW'ers! Kayaking and scuba diving are right at your finger-tips......don't forget the lanai at Buzz's for puu-puu's and great food. The location was a quick drive into Honolulu if that's your program, but for relaxing and enjoying the Hawaiian spirit, there's no better place. You are in great hands with Kia'aina and his group......we were so thankful for the recommend!
Gwen J., NEWPORT, OR, 3.2.12
- we rentet the Lanikai Beach Bungalow for 11 days. the house was very old, but newly paintet. the whole house was very "used" and the kitchen was too old and we had to call for extra forks, knives and glasses.There were not enough for 8 people!!! . The room with 2 beds was not good. The bathroom was awful, the door could not close. All the windows in all the house alowed the wind to come in!! and it was very, very windy!! We were promised a beach in front of the house. That did not exsist! We had to walk to the big beach, and the reason for why we choose this house was the beach in front, as we had invited our grandsons along, as well as our daughters and son-in-law. The costumer service, we recieved was good but we had to call several times for toiletpaper and we were asked, if we could tidy the house, so people could come see it, as it is for sale!! We refused, of course!! We think if was expensive enough, and it was our vacation, and we did not want to tidy up for that reason. The house is for 8 persons, but there is only 2 beach-chairs, and one was broken! the beach-gear was very old and very used. There was no kajak, so we could go to the islands in front of the house. Last year we rentet an apartment, also in Mokulua Drive, and there was everything, we could use, also bicycles!! The best about the house was the placement, just at oceanfront, and the turtels. The garden was good for the children, and it was closed. Especially our family was not pleased with the house. We had expected something nicer. We think it was very expensive for such an old house, worn out!! No, we will not come back, even if the surroundings are beautiful, and we all love Hawaii so much. We will come back to Hawaii, even if it is a very long trip all the way from Denmark, but we will expect something better for that high price. We could easily have staryed in a 5-star hotel inWaikiki for the same price!! Best regards from us inDenmark, Hanne Andersen
Hanne A., Copenhagen, 2.27.12
- I had lived in Hawaii for many years and returning to Hale Sweet Hale was just like returning home. Frome the moment i walked in the front door, I was at peace here The owners were so friendly and inviting. Of course, Lanikai Beach is the best in the world. Every evening when we did not eat out, we ate dinner on the picnic table under the tree in the front yard. Our children loved the nice big yard and spent time there kicking around a soccer ball. As far as food goes, we hit every take out in Kailua! My favorite is Zippy's chili and Rice with a side of Mac Salad. Tokoname's actually had the best sushi I have ever had and that is saying something. It was expensive but worth it. Fat Boys has great garlic chicken plate lunches. In a nutshell, our favorite vacation spot in the world is Lanikai and Hale Sweet Hale, with it's wonderful Hawaiiana atmosphere was the absolute best. We hope to come back frequently. Thank you, Kaiaina, Lori and Willie for making us feel so at home. Aloha, Nancy Nixon, Portland, Oregon February 9, 2012
Nancy N., Portland, OR, 2.9.12
- Location location location. And the house really feeling like a home and not a rental. The kitchen was well done with all tools needed for cooking, which we like to do. Their outside decks with beautiful plants growing everywhere is breathtaking and just adds to the beauty of the house.
Cheryl T., York, NB, 2.1.12
1 - 100 of 309