- Lanikai vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 208
Lanikai vacation reviews
- Such a lovely place to stay. Being right beside the ocean was just perfect. There is plenty of room to move both inside and outside the house - and it was fabulous that we could open all of the large doors and hear the ocean and feel the breeze throughout the house!
- Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay!
Amanda S., Hornsby, 5.31.16
- Such an amazing place to stay! I love the house, the neighbours, the yard, the beach and the town!
Amanda S., Hornsby, 5.27.16
- Where do I start? We did not have access to a review of the property when we rented so I was anxious about the property before we got there. We were very impressed by the property when we got there. we called the propery manager from the airport who gave us instructions on how to get in. The property manager met us within a few minutes but not before we got a ticket for parking on the road in front of the property as parking is very restricted in the neighbourhood.
- The house and grounds with the large pool in the yard were very clean. Everything is tastefully decorated. The beds are very comfortable and two of the bedrooms are air conditioned. The most awesome aspect of the property is the open covered lanai between the three buildings with one of the dinning areas, day beds and a large screen tv all overlooking the large pool. In the evenings the pool and garden are lit up making a magical view.
- The kitchen was very well equipped and the beds were very comfortable with high end bedding.
- If we did not want to hang out at the pool the beach was across the street and down a short lane way. Lanika beach is a pleasant half an hour stroll down to the end of the beach to the rocks that was not crowded even over a busy Easter weekend. It is rated one of the best beaches on Oahu for a good reason. We travelled to other beaches and did not find its equal.
- shopping is close in Kailua with all the usual grocery stores and shops. We can recommend Bookends as a great bookstore with awesome customer service!
- The short falls were that we are from a quiet part of the world so ear plugs were needed some nights due to neighbour noise and there are no curtains so I needed my eye patches as the sun is up at 6:00 am and we did not want to be.
- The best part was the pool in the backyard and being across the road from the beach a great location for ohau
- We would totally rent this propery again. It is a beautiful property that suited our family of four with two teenagers but would equally suit three couples.
Irena E., Calgary, AB, 3.30.16
- Loved every minute! Clean, good customer service, definitely want to return and will recommend to friends. Loved being able to walk in to Kailua. Beaches were beautiful.
Carl C., Aptos, CA, 2.15.16
- Kepola (and her husband) were very attentive to our needs and made sure our visit to Lanikai was wonderful. The house is right on the water, and we were able to swim right out back when it wasn't high tide. There are rocks in the water but we wore "water shoes" and they worked fine. The house is not updated but is a good house for the beach area because you don't have to worry as much about being in wet bathing suits or dragging some sand into the house. It had all we needed for supplies in the kitchen and beach toys and towels. The pool is also a really nice amenity, although we swam in the ocean more of the time. We cooked in most nights and enjoyed the expansive view of the ocean. Kepola's husband even provided kayaks for us, right to the door (for an additional fee). Access to the beach is a few houses down the road, but very easy to get to. We even had my 92 year old mother-in-law with us and she uses a walker and got around the house just fine. One bedroom and bathroom have separate entrances from the main part of the house, but our son stayed in that room. We would definitely rent the house again, and it rained almost everyday while we were there!
Anne L., Centennial, CO, 1.31.16
- The property was perfect for our family! The fences around the pool and sea wall made it safe for the young one, and Shane the property manager was so friendly and helpful. Bronson the agent helped us find this wonderful property, and we didn't want to leave! The sounds of the waves, swimming at Lanakai and Kailua beach, mountain and ocean views...perfect! The Moya family Bar Harbor , Maine
Frank M., Bar Harbor, ME, 1.16.16
- Loved the location! Sitting out and watching the waves and being able to see the Mokes and Flat Island is great. We could paddle out directly from the house to Flat Island. Traffic in Lanikai is getting bad, which makes leaving the house in late afternoon tricky. Recommend renting bicycles. Beach chairs/boogie boards/grill, etc. were great House had a lot of space. Property Manager was very attentive to any problem. We didn't have hot water in 2 showers and it was remedied within a day or 2. Kitchen could use a little updating, dishwasher was functional, but just barely. Need to have recycling can inside house. Would love to see a guest notebook giving house helpful hints about garbage/recycling/plumbing issues, etc. Also a place where guests can write their own experiences and recommendations. We will be back again! Thanks so much!
Carrie R., Greenwood Village, CO, 1.10.16
- This is an exquisite house and land setting. The perimeter is very secure and you easily enter a relaxing and beautiful home and outdoor area. The living area is a wonderful mix of fine interior, outdoor covered patio, pool and the backyard area. The art is lovely and island appropriate. We spent most of our time inside the compound as the outside of Lani Kai is very busy... especially with President Obama in town!! Nevertheless, Lani Kai's magical beach is a few steps away across the street. We were glad NOT to be staying right on the beach. Would love to return to this restful and luxurious spot in the future.
Steve R., Seattle, WA, 1.4.16
- The studio was very small but was all we needed since we were out siteseeing each day. Every thoughtful thing was provided from beach chairs, our own lounge chairs to end our day on, snorkel gear, beach towels etc. The bed was very comfortable with the little details there like high quality towels and toilet paper(don't know why but I always judge places on the quality of the t.p.). You really are steps from the most beautiful beach. If we return to Oahu we would definetly stay again in Lanakai Star.
Necia F., Fort worth, TX, 11.7.15
- Great place for a family getaway! We love bed the ocean breezes, short walk to the beach & pool! The place was well equipped for cooking as well as beach and pool gear. We would definitely stay again!
Jill M., Forest Hill, MD, 8.17.15
- Great Home! Although the check in person didn't know the address (and it wasn't on all of the e-mails or on the internet)- we know why-- it is a great little secret that only those that want a relaxing inexpensive vacation on the beach should know about. So don't come.. One bathroom- allows for sharing and-planning (with 6 prima donna girls). Lots of thoughtful, unadvertised extras. -They didn't skimp on things to make it nice- like you just dropped by grandma's home- but grandma is out... We had a wheelchair so it is difficult to go up the 5 stair steps unless you have help. Normally we go out-and sightsee-- but the beach is the place to be.
Harunobu E., Cerritos, CA, 8.17.15
- I have nothing but wonderful and great things to say about this property, as well as my interactions and experience with the booking agent and property manager. My family and I stayed at this gorgeous home for one week and were so sad to leave. The home is spectacular and has three bedrooms and three bathrooms -- all of which are very separated and away from one another to allow for privacy. The pool and patios, along with the kitchen allowed us to feel right at home and have wonderful conversations. Lastly, the home is about one block away from the world famous all of which are very separated and away from one another to allow for privacy. The pool and patios, along with the kitchen allowed us to feel right at home and have wonderful conversations. Lastly, the home is about one block away from the world famous Lanikai Beach! I seriously cannot wait to go back again. You won't be disappointed!
Chris C., Boise, ID, 8.6.15
- Fantastic location right on the beach. Very small but we coped Ok. Agent, Kepola, was very helpful and friendly, great service
Mary H., Derby, ENG, 6.28.15
- I have stayed here several times & it is very convenient to the beach with easy access into town. Lots of windows & doors along with the ceiling fans make the place nice & breezy. Very clean, simple & comfortable!
Kyle D., West Covina, CA, 5.20.15
- The Ocean House Studio is perfect! This cozy cottage is a dream rental located perfectly in Lanikai and steps away from the beach! It was simple, tidy and clean. The customer service and management was excellent in making our stay full of hospitality and pure aloha. We would definitely book again! Our other friends and families have booked other rentals through alohabeachfrontrentals.com with much satisfaction and happiness with their stay. We will continue to refer to more friends and family. We loved staying here!!!
Christine B., Carlsbad, CA, 5.17.15
- Loved staying here. There's nothing better than falling asleep and waking up to the ocean breeze and the sound of waves. We saw turtles swimming every day. We will definitely come back!
Glenda S., Sydney, 5.11.15
- Hale Maluia was even more beautiful when we arrived! The lawn near the pool was bigger than anticipated and the privacy was perfection. The house really had everything we needed...can't wait to go back!!
Holley D., Vancouver, WA, 4.28.15
- Very nice and affordable unit. Guest services were very friendly and gave us lots of tips on things to do and basic local knowledge. Studio was very clean and had all the amenities we needed. The main house was not occupied so we were given permission to use the beachside lawn and deck. We enjoyed morning sunrise and sitting out on the deck in the afternoons after our day or sightseeing. We would recommend to others and look forward to coming back.
Thomas C., 4.9.15
- Although we can't fault the location or the price, and the owner was very nice, we had too many issues with the rental to want to recommend Ocean House Studio. "Rustic" is certainly an accurate description, as would be "Spartan." What little furniture there is is so shabby and rickety that we were hesitant to us it. The disintegrating bamboo carpet is a trip hazard. There is no dresser or nightstand and we had to provide our own coat hangers, bath mat, basic kitchen supplies and kleenex ( to be fair, the owner was happy to supply us with these items when she returned from off island, but by then we had obtained our own). The twin beds were thin mattresses on wooden platforms covered with sleazy rayon sheets that were so uncomfortably clammy that we went to Goodwill and bought cotton replacements, which we left on departure. The rental is subject to a serious termite infestation, each morning we'd find evidence of their activities in the bathroom sink and shower stall and under the beds. We also were visited by cockroaches, which found their way into the unit via gaps between the floorboards, some wide enough to see daylight through. Although the rental description clearly states that parking is included, we were instructed to park on the street, because the people renting the other, much more expensive unit on the property needed all the spaces for their cars. They also took up most of the street parking as well, forcing my wife and I to park far down the road, which is narrow and heavily travelled. Our neighbors with too many cars partied loudly and continually until long after midnight for most of the time we were there despite requests to tone it down. Finally, unlike most other beach rental we've encountered, this one has no provision for laundry, just a line hung under the eaves where there was little sun to dry wet bathing suits, but perfect exposure to the rain. There are other inexpensive alternatives to Ocean House Studio, and renters are advised to seek them.
Evan S., Portland, OR, 3.30.15
- Very nice. Clean, quiet, Amazing views. Only criticism: couldn't find a sponge or scrub brush for cleaning up in the kitchen.
Andrew M., New York, NY, 3.23.15
- This was one of the most amazing beach houses we have stayed at. Only suggestion would be to have a throw to put over the white couches. I covered them so the kids wouldn't get them dirty. It was extremely well equipped with everything you need for the beach. Steven was wonderful. I would definatly rent it again.
Valerie M., Mesa, AZ, 3.21.15
- Loved the house. It was big, the bathrooms were abundant and it was a great property. The only complaint I had was that the picture when I procured the property was different than the real-life thing. It showed the house directly off the beach where you could walk out into the ocean and in reality, it had a 6 foot wall before the beach and you had to walk down the street about 8 houses to get to the beach. Other than that, it was perfect. It wasn't as clean as I would have preferred but with 20 people in the rental, it didn't stay clean anyway. The booking agent was great until I paid for the property and then I had a hard time getting her to respond to me. The property manager was perfect and she was there when we needed her and responded to our concerns when we had them. Our overall satisfaction was a 4. Thanks for a great trip. I would recommend this to anyone.
Maureen B., St. George, UT, 3.18.15
- Perfect location with all the comforts of home but even better.
Sandra M., Phoenix, AZ, 3.14.15
- The location of Lanikai Star can't be beat. Directly on the beach in a residential area. Walking distance to downtown Kailua. Yes, the unit is small but who needs to be indoors when you are in Hawaii. Our customer service rep, Kepola, was very helpful even when out of his way to check on us during a brief power outage. Thank you for everything.
Mary R., Watertown, WI, 2.24.15
- We loved our stay at Hale Sweet Hale. The location was perfection. The house was clean and cared for and well decorated. Close to all shopping in Kailua and of course, both Lanikai and Kailua beach. Love love loved it. We would definitely stay again!
Debbie J., Cold Lake, AB, 1.23.15
- The Hale Sweet Hale is a wonderful beach house, located just 6 houses down from the entrance to the beautiful Lanikai beach. The house is not fancy, but it met our needs. The kitchen is well stocked. There are great beach towels, 2 boogie boards, 3 beach chairs. No outdoor shower! One bathroom is a bit tight with 6 adults, but we managed. The pillbox hike trailhead is in walking distance. We would come again!
Ann V., Golden Valley, MN, 1.6.15
- Firstly overall the house is perfect if you have older children and generations of families or more than one family staying together - the main house has one large bedroom and bath. the other rooms are outside and so give great opportunity for private space. There are a lot of options for other private or communal space with seating areas so everyone can be together without feeling on top of each other. The location is fabulous - we have stayed in Lanikai and Kailua on several occasions - normally we have a lot of peace and quiet - Christmas week was very different - traffic into and out of Lanikai was terrible and it took a long time to get in and out - volume of traffic and the President being in town probably were the contributing factors. As with any rental there are things we would have liked to have seen differently. We were not met at the property which was surprising so it took a while for us to locate things and figure out a few hitches (no hot water/leaking bath tub etc). However the agent was helpful over the phone and someone did fix things promptly. Pool was incredibly cold and was not usable - although very clean! we understand this is the winter months but you just couldn't get close to using it. Not enough Towels in the property - we did wash them every couple of days but would have been nice to have some extras. Bedding in the room with the twin beds was worn and the elastic gone - couldn't keep it on the mattress overnight. I would rent the house again - the layout and location made it spectacular.
Karen M., Pleasanton, CA, 1.4.15
- Great space for the price! Right on the beach and close to some great hikes. Studio was super clean and the property manager was very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the studio.
Deidre H., Burley, WA, 8.14.14
- This is our family's third consecutive stay at Hale Maluhia. We have had three great summer vacations there.
Vanessa C., 7.31.14
- The Ocean House was very clean, charming, comfortable and immensely enjoyable. We had a very large group of 21 and it met our needs perfectly. The house is deceptively large with plenty of beds, bathrooms and spaces for privacy. The kitchen was spacious and well stocked and there were plenty of towels and beach towels. The large, open dining area with a stunning ocean view was perfect for gathering, socializing and having fun. Aside from the beach being right outside the back lanai, there was a grill and picnic table in the front area. The location on the beach with things to do nearby in Lani Kai and Kailua was perfect. I really cannot say enough good things.
Tammy B., Honolulu, HI, 5.18.14
- The Ocean House Studio was very comfortable and immensely enjoyable. We rented the studio in addition to the Ocean View house. With two ceiling fans, its own full bathroom, a kitchenette, a dining table and its own television, it was a perfect getaway for naps, relaxing, etc. It was also spotlessly clean. The two single beds made it more ideal for two separate adults then for a couple. The location on the beach and also being near things to do in Lani Kai and Kailua was perfect.
Tammy B., Honolulu, HI, 5.18.14
- Great location and competitive price. Needed to be a little cleaner with no ants.
Barry S., Bend, OR, 5.1.14
- This was a beautiful property with a lovely yard, and spacious pool with great sun exposure and also very sheltered. The home was clean, well equipped with all necessary amenities/appliances, and had comfortable beds. The views of the beach from the home were fabulous. The location on the beach could not have been better - what a fantastic setting. Being right on the beach was the best part. Only complaint is the key lock box system requiring one to go through the patio door to relock the front door after entering. As well, the inability to lock the back door (as no key provided) was a drawback. The service we received was excellent and we were very satisfied with everyone we dealt with. We certainly would recommend this to a friend and hope to stay here again ourselves. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Mark B., St. John's, NL, 4.29.14
- Ocean house is a great "old style" Hawaiin beach side house with all the modern comforts. The booking agent was efficient and professional. We had a great time and a great stay and will definitely come back on our next trip to Hawaii. This house can be rented as a 3 bedroom or a 5 bedroom so check with your agent about this.
Koh-Ann C., Central, 4.23.14
- Hello, The house was really beautiful and well equipt. It was comfortable and had everything we needed. I thought the showers could have been updated to new taps & it would have been handy to have a layout of the house as the bedrooms are very spread out. we were travelling with our 2 year old son. we couldn't have him in his own room because it was too far away from ours so if he woke in the night we wouldn't have heard him. For this reason he slept in our room and it wasn't ideal. Other than that the location, house, everything was great. Weather was disappointing as it was super windy the whole time we hardly went to the beach. Thanks so much.
Deborah S., Avalon, 4.21.14
- Loved the bungalow! It was amazing being right on the water watching sea turtles feeding right out front. Also nice to have just a short walk to Lanikai (the beach access is about 8 houses away) and 5-10 minutes to Kailua. We were able to launch our paddleboard from the house at low tide. The bungalow is an older, character home with amazing sliding doors that open the inside to the outside. It was very spacious, much more than the photos suggest. The VRA team was great on check in and check out. The dishes and amenities are adequate but not "high end". There were loads of sand toys, boogie boards, snorkles, masks, etc. The house had everything we needed for a great family vacation.
Elizabeth R., Vancouver, BC, 4.10.14
- I had originally booked a different house and then was forced to change a week before arrival -- I was none thrilled about this. It was nice to have a welcome basket and the kayaks though. Though large, spacious and very bright and sunny with lots of great viewing windows, the house is very worn and "well-used". Seemed like a house spring breakers would book. The toilets kept having issues and the fridge could not make ice (though they did bring ice for us the 2nd day). Floors were worn, dishes all had chips. For the 8 of us it seemed a bit excessive to have a house that slept 22. The views were spectacular.
- I seemed to have more than one booking agent, or person who communicated with me before arrival. That was a bit confusing and there was not a lot of consistency. I had emailed shortly after booking to ask if someone could help me with activity arrangements, and I never heard from anyone. Overall, the service prior to arrival was spotty and very impersonal.
- Kepola, who welcomed us and kept in contact via text and phone while we were there, was nice and very helpful. Same with her husband.
- I would not used Hawaiian Beach Rentals again.
Margot K., San Francisco, CA, 4.10.14
- Hale Sweet Hale. It and its location stole our hearts. The booking process and weeding out process to select this property is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. For us it was fairly simple. I knew what area of Oahu I wanted to stay in and it came down to location and looks. I've stayed in many cottages in my life and this one exceeded all previous experiences with setup, location and feel. It felt like home. The condition of the home is and was clean and lived in, not Hotel sterilized but clean. The home had every creature comfort as far as cooking and cleaning and even included Televisions. (Which in 7 days were never powered on) I can't say enough about the location and closeness to everything that this property is. Unfortunately we only found that out on the last 2 days as our errands took us into Kaneohe to do most of our errands then changed that after we accidently discovered the shops right under our noses. We will definitely stay in this property again and will recommend to all who enquire about visiting Oahu. For my family there really are too many "Best Parts of the Trip" to label any one defined part as the "Best". In seven days we managed to keep every other day open and only left our area for minor excursions. The odd days we took in Chief's Luau, the Arizona Memorial, went Deep Sea fishing with Capt. Hopper on The Seeker (I caught a Kawakawa) and lastly we walked and jogged the entire length of the Lanikai Beach from Wailea Point to most north west point on Kailua Bay. We walked and jogged on many beaches while on Oahu and Kailua Beach beat them all. From watching the sunrise between the Mokulua Islands (every morning) to Climbing the Pill Box and watching it set. We'd like to thank all involved in helping this dream come true and we will most definitely return. Mahalo, Russ, Tracey and Tom Howell Gillam, Manitoba Canada
Russ H., Gillam, MB, 4.7.14
- We cannot wait to return! The hale was completely perfect and exceeded our expectations. The amenities and location are outstanding. We highly recommend hale sweet hale.
Lisa N., Aptos, CA, 3.31.14
- We love coming to Hale Maluhia for our yearly Hawaiian vacation with our family! This year, we did have a few problems with the house, which are worth mentioning. The beds in the room next to the laundry room needs a few repairs: the towel rack broke away from the wall, the outdoor light fixture fell and brokein a storm, and our children complained that the beds were not comfortable. Additionally, the inside bedroom bed is very uneven and really should be replaced (for the cost of this house, a bad sleep is not ok). We would like to continue renting this house every year, but we find it difficult to assign rooms to our children or our friends, knowing that the beds are not comfortable. Other than the beds, the house is wonderful, and clean and our preferred vacation spot!
Julie F., Seattle, WA, 3.31.14
- My wife and I really enjoyed the ocean studio. Only steps from lanikai beach, and nestled into a very quiet road. We would definitely stay here again. Customer service was very good when booking and check in and check out process was very easy. Cottage was very clean and everything we needed such as towels, dishes, appliances, etc were provided. Yes, I would book again and yes, I would recommend it to a friend.
Ryan B., Kittery, ME, 3.23.14
- This is a fantastic spot. Accommodation is quite basic, but more than adequate. We absolutely loved the time we spent at Honu Hale. I would return in a second.
Francie C., New Haven, VT, 3.21.14
- It was great. We loved the location the look. Everything was great. I give it a 5
Anna L., Pomona, KS, 3.11.14
- This property proved go be exactly what I was looking for, a real feel of Hawaii. Four adults had no problem with the one bathroom at all. Everything we required was there and with the beach so close it was ideally situated. If there was a problem it was dealt with speedily and with good spirit. Nothing was too much trouble. A personal comment that I know represents all of us who travelled fron England to paradise...... this house wrapped it's love around us, this family and their friends welcomed us and gave us a taste of the real Hawaiian warmth. Mahalo x I would choose the house again should I be fortunate enough to return. Trudy.
Trudy T., King's Lynn, Norfolk, 2.17.14
- Cute studio and perfect for 2. Spent lots of time on Lanikai Beach which is what exactly we wanted. We've heard so much good things about the area and Lanikai Beach being the best and it truly was. We literally walked right out the door and within seconds we were on the beach. We had a fantastic vacation and will be back.
Havilah S., 2.15.14
- Best views ever. Everything about this home and location was terrific. Would and will recommend to family and friends.
- We had a great time and throughly enjoyed the home. Exactly what we were looking for as had the island feel and them in the home. We arrived and were pleasantly greeted by guest services who physically showed us the home and beach access. The home is very well decorated and very clean. Large front yard to hang out and relax. Great are for our kids and they enjoyed the green grassy lawn to play. We ate outside mostly as it had a picnic table under a shady tree. Beach access was a very quick walk and undoubtedly this was the best beach we've ever been to. We difinitley look forward to coming back and would recommend to our family and friends. Thanks Kepola for helping us make our first Christmas/New Year Vacation to Hawaii a success.
- We loved the place and it exceeded our expectation. The place is awesome and great for a family vacation, all details are well thought off and it's very comfortable and we'll be back there.
Zohar Z., Malibu, CA, 1.12.14
- This was my second visit here & it was just as enjoyable as before. It is very suitable for my needs as it is simple, clean & reasonably priced. It is a very short walk to Lanikai Beach. It is also very quiet.
Kyle I., West Covina, CA, 1.8.14
- Our stay at "Happy Hale Lanikai" was wonderful! It was very clean, spacious and a perfect location for our family. We loved being able to spend time on the beach every day, which to access is just a short 2 minute walk. We enjoyed just hanging out around the pool, hot tub and the back deck too, enjoying our family time. Sitting on the deck watching the waves, turtles, kayakers, kite surfers, wind surfers, swimmers and occasionally getting a glimpse of whales out in the distance was such a relaxing and enjoyable time. The walk to the park and to Island Snow to get shaved ice was a fun outing each day. Being together for 10 days with our 4 boys, 2 daughter-in-laws and our 2 grandchildren (7 month old and 3 yr old) was a wonderful time and we will treasure these new memories.
Susan C., Moses Lake, WA, 1.7.14
- The house was nice and clean. The street noise was very annoying, as was the family that lived behind/attached to the house we rented...the teenage boys cussed and their kitchen noise was right next to our kitchen and bedroom and they were in there late at night and early morning making alot of noise. Overall, the house was good and close to the beach...had to ask for more toilet paper and was told what was provided was a courtesy and we were to supply the rest. I've never heard of this...it's not like we can take extra TP on the plane! They did end up bringing 2 more rolls.
Mandy F., Phoenix, AZ, 12.2.13
- We enjoyed our vacation and this home. Being oceanfront was an amazing experience. We were able to view sightings of sea turtles right from the beachside deck, enjoy the morning sunrises, and launch kayaks from here. Location is just beautifull and we had lots of privacy. We were very happy with our rental and would recommend this home to others. Guest services were really great to work. Thank you for helping us make our vacation a success.
Garth S., Stanford, CA, 8.31.13
- The location (upper part of Lanakai and close proximity to the beach) was very good. Customer service offered by the on-line management company, the owner, and the property manager next door was excellent. E-communications were received on a timely basis. Our family group (an 86 yr old uncle, his daughter, our son, his two children, my husband and myself) was comfortable with the bedroom and bathroom arrangements. Our uncle was able to manage the stairs required by the split nature of the home. Some people may have more problems with this as the main house and main kitchen are upstairs, the pool and lower unit are downstairs. The pool and landscape provide a lush Hawaiian setting. We had a wonderful time in the pool, on the upper lanai with a view of the ocean, and with easy visits to the beach. As listed on the web-site, the home is dependent upon ocean breezes. There were ceiling and floor fans provided. The property also provided many necessities not always present in rentals....laundry detergent, dish and dishwasher detergent, paper products, and a nice supply of seasonings for cooking. We were highly satisfied. Mahalo!
Judy H., Austin, TX, 8.20.13
- Home Sweet Home. Back for our 3rd visit in three years and as always the best home we have ever rented to accommodate our family. The guest services are terrific and really make the booking process very easy with there system. Always there to greet us upon arrival and departure. This home as the most fantastic views. All you see is this beautiful blue and turquois waster all day long and as always constant sighting of sea turtles right from the oceanside lawn. We had great weather, lots of fun on Lanikai Beach, woke to awesome surnrises and can't wait to come back again. Mahalo for making our stay another great one.
Gene L., Oakland, CA, 8.16.13
- We had a wonderful visit to Kailua and stay at this studio. Was perfect for the two of us. Clean, quiet, cozy and beach is only a couple of minutes away. I would recommend this to friends and stay here again. Big thanks to the guest services as they met us at the unit and when we departed.
Michael D., Stanwell Park, 8.4.13
- My apologies for the late review but we've been traveling ever since. The Lanikai Beach Bungalow made our vacation to Oahu just amazing. Being able to wake up in the morning to the sunrises right there with the Mokulua Islands in view was just breath taking. We loved the home and the layout and most of all the privacy we had from the oceanside lawn. Thanks again for making out stay a wonderful time. We look forward to coming back and will difinitely let u know.
- The house worked very well for our family. Two couples upstairs and family of 5 downstairs. Not pristine but very liveable. The pool was a joy - enjoyed by everyone. Lots of stairs for the little ones. The beach was a short walk and beautiful. The kitchen was well equipped and the BBQ was very convenient. Glad we rented both up and down, because renting only one unit you would be sharing the back yard and pool--which may or may not work out. All in all it was a great trip for all of us. Would do it again.
Sandra L., Cypress, CA, 7.4.13
- Our family group of 20 fit very comfortably in this beautiful house. We could not have asked for a more gorgeous view with the ocean literally steps out the back door. There is just a short walk to two different beaches, as well as a hike up a large hill offering incredible views. The sleeping arrangements were a little awkward with 3 beds in the main living space, but we made it work. There were plenty of beach towels, sand toys, and snorkeling equipment provided. The property manager immediately responded to our requests and made us feel welcome. Our whole group, adults and kids alike, had an amazing time staying in this house!
Marino L., Corry, PA, 6.26.13
- This beach house is a dream! Love, love love this place. Great location in a very nice neighborhood. My husband and I along with some friends stayed at this house for 5 days and we all never wanted to leave. It's a very warm and cozy place. Not the most modern in terms of looks but has a whole lot of flavor to it. It also has pretty much everything you need. The lady who checked us in was very accommodating and she sure made us feel right at home. If you are looking for a home away from home, this is it!
Alexa S., Alexandria, VA, 6.26.13
- Loved our stay!!! The kids kayaked everyday! Adults kayaked, toured Hawaii, and relaxed!! What more could we have wanted :). Plenty of space for 15, adults and teens. Loved the cool air and ocean sounds at night. Can't wait to come back!!!
Tere R., Mesa, AZ, 6.20.13
- Cottage was what I expected. Note: on rainy humid days the ceiling fans do not cool the room. Fans need to be replaced with ones that are able to move air around the room since it has no AC. No windows face the ocean so none of the breezes come from that direction. The bed I slept in I believe has bed bugs because I came home with bites all over. The mattress needs to be replaced and area treated. TV is very small from across the room from the beds. Would have been nice to have a larger screen to see from there. I agree with a previous review that more comfortable seating would be nice to watch TV or eat at the table. No direct access to beach view from site (it's reserved for the Big house tenants.) You have to walk down a busy neighborhood street to get to the cutoff to the beach or drivewalk up to Kailua beach. Will need a car to do anything besides go to the beach. The better variety of food places are in town and grocery stores. Kailua was a great little town to walk around and shop. Nice to be away from the busier tourist areas. People were very friendly. Rental was clean (other than the bed bugs) and supplied most of what you need. Customer Service was great and very attentive before and during stay. Was my first time using a rental service like this one. Would recommend to rent from this company. They did what they said and no problems with payment, check in or check out. They made it very easy.
Wanda P., Cypress, TX, 6.17.13
- Perfect location, Perfect House, Perfect Service. All in all a perfect holiday.
Anne S., Kidwelly, Carmarthenshire, 6.3.13
- This place was truly a dream vacation. The location of the Ocean House is perfect for those wanting to get away and enjoy the Hawaiian paradise. There is plenty to do in Kailua and you have the best beach in Hawaii located steps away without the crowds. In our week long stay, we spent a day in Waikiki and that was plenty of time to convince us that we had made the right decision to rent a place far away from there. Lanikai beach is just amazing (and quiet)! You will not regret a decision to stay here!
Danny T., San Francisco, CA, 3.28.13
- I could not have asked for a better vacation home! The house comes with all the amenities needed, so all that was necessary was a trip to the market to stock the fridge! I was also provided with a list of restaurants, shops, markets, etc. for everything else, so there was no need to look up places to eat or where to rent kayaks! The location was perfect. Watching the sunrise and hearing the ocean waves splash against the lapping wall while I had morning tea was a nice way to start the day! The house literally sits on the oceanfront and enjoyed walking alongside the beach right from the backyard. The water and views are absolutely beautiful! There really was no need to leave the house when you have the best views in Hawaii! Thank you for the amazing service! I was greeted at the house and was provided everything I needed. Any questions were taken care of immediately after a phone call or text. They made sure I had the best possible experience during our stay. Many thanks to the agency and Hawaii for the perfect home... Definitely would love to be a guest again! Aloha & Mahalo!
Annie O., Rochester, NY, 3.26.13
- We rented in Lanikai and were right on the oceans, sea turtles swimming right outside. Beautiful sunrises, wonderful ocean sounds to help sleep at night. The staff and everyone was VERY pleasant, helpful, attentive and couldn't have been better!! This was an excellent rental experience. All the touches at the the house, welcome basket, fresh flowers and decorations throughout the home made it seem so welcoming. It was nice to have the water dispenser and the ability to utilize beach towels, until we bought our own, a hot tub as well as access to Wi-Fi, etc! Very wonderful experience for me and all my sisters. YES - we would rent this house or another through Vacation Rental Agent again!!!
Barb B., Bloomington, MN, 3.22.13
- Small, charming space but surprisingly comfortable and a good deal for the price. Everything was clean and worked fine.Great location. Could use a small sofa or something relaxing to sit on besides the beds or dining chairs. We would go back here again. Recommend good meals at Whole Foods in Kailua - especially the cheap salad bar on Wednesdays.
Robert M., Bainbridge Island, WA, 2.26.13
- The house was a very comfortable, lovely home and our service was excellent. The house was clean, however there are a few things that should be taken care of in the master bedroom/bathroom: ants (or some kind of bug) in the master bathroom, saggy mattress in the master bedroom, and sticky bedroom door (hard to open). Other than these items, we were very happy with the rental. Mahalo!
Julie F., Seattle, WA, 2.17.13
- This rental was well worth the cost! So close to the ocean, wonderful neighborhood, and the home itself was beyond our expectations! The pool was so clean, the home so comfortable, and the care for the guests was evident with all needs given special attention - ie, towels, kitchen, linens, etc. The caretaker, who lives next door, came to greet us the day after we arrived and did not bother us after that at all! We would certainly consider this home again!
Lynn R., Rathdrum, ID, 2.14.13
- A great place for a casual, multi-generational family gathering. Four out of five only because it is a bit worn in places and the beach access is tricky, but if you want a low-key stay with a large number of people, by all means consider this house!
John B., New York, NY, 1.16.13
- We were very pleased with this beautiful oceanfront home. Carlos, Shylah and team had it in sparkling condition when we arrived and everything was perfect. Lanikai beach was not even a two minute walk to the main beach area and even extended directly in front of the house about half the week when the surf was lower. There were multiple outdoor sunning areas on the property we took advantage of - poolside, lanai, and upstairs terrace. The large kitchen and open living/dining area made for great family meals. Worth every penny to see the Wow! look on everyone's face when they first arrived.
Neil O., San Diego, CA, 1.8.13
- The overall quality of the rental was excellent and we'd love to go back. The property is well maintained, spacious and clean. The interior is older (some of the nearby houses looked more modern), but the furniture is contemporary and the space functions really well. The communal spaces provide a lot of opportunity to relax, enjoy the weather and one another's company. The outdoor spaces made it easy to hit the beach, go kayaking or snorkeling. We were traveling with an infant and found the space ideal for a multi-generational trip (grandparents, adults and kids). The beds/mattresses were suitable for a good night's rest, but not luxurious. The kitchen is well maintained and had all the pots, pans and dinnerware we needed to prepare meals. The barbecue was a nice touch. The bathrooms were fine. The booking agent/property manager was outstanding. They made arrangements for our kayak and long board rentals, which greatly simplified the trip. They had a high chair and infant bed (pack and play) ready for us on arrival. There were a few small maintenance items (dead batteries, light bulbs, broken toaster) that they took care of right away. Most of our maintenance problems were electrical, which I imagine is a consequence of being at an oceanfront property where the salt, water and electrons don't mix very well (I suspect you'd have the same problems at any oceanfront house). But the property manager seemed on top of things and got things corrected the same day. The house had all the beach gear you'd need to enjoy the trip (chairs, umbrella, towels, straw mats, snorkels, sand toys). It was really well appointed. Beach access is approximately a 5 min walk along the street. At low tide, there was a rocky beach in front of the house and you could potentially walk to the main Lanaki beach via the oceanfront. We were able to put the kayaks in from the back yard. I would definitely recommend Aloha Beach Rentals and this property to anyone seeking a relaxing time in Hawaii. If you want over the top luxury, this isn't the house. But it's perfect for a family looking to spend some quality time in Kailua / Lanakai.
Tom S., Iowa City, IA, 1.7.13
- The studio was perfect. Right on the beach. Can't ask for anything more. Customer service was great. Our needs were always attended. I give this studio a 5 star and definitely will recommend it to a friend and family member.
Godofredo P., Lynnwood, WA, 12.23.12
- Just got home from our Hawaii vacation. Ocean house was perfect for our large group of 19. The beach is amazing. All of the staff from the beginning to end were very helpful. They gave us tips on where to go and dining places. Definitely was a great place for us to stay. Would recommend it if you have a large group because the house was plenty big enough for us. Would recommend them again. Everyone thought the sand at the beach was the best!!!
Marci H., Tucson, AZ, 10.21.12
- Everything was absolutely amazing! From the moment we arrived, the staff was very helpful and polite. The house was a perfect location with hardly any foot traffic along the beach in the back yard. We swam with the turtles everyday! The best family vacation spot! We are coming back next year! It was great!
Vanessa B., Santa Clarita, CA, 10.15.12
- Great location! Friendly owners that were helpful. Amenities were dated.
Melissa B., Portland, OR, 9.13.12
- It was one of the most fantastic experience in my life with a great location & nice view. You should never underestimate a fabulous status of "Beachfront". We will definitely visit this house again.
Toshiyuki M., Ota-ku, Tokyo, 9.1.12
- Excellent beach spot, not one single bug.
Don G., San Jose, CA, 7.28.12
- We had a fantastic time here - great location, with the sea (and green turtles) just outside, a short walk to either Lanikai or Kailua beaches... and coffee at the Market, and a short drive to Kailua town. The beach-style house is large, clean and comfortable. We appreacited the service and tips from the owner (eg suggestions on a good hike nearby and renting kyaks). Strongly recommended!
Marion B., Camperdown, 7.21.12
- Perfect family vacation home, great location, good shopping and lots to do.
Kelly B., Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 7.20.12
- Perfect house for a family vacation: beuatifully furnished, roomy, idyllic views. Great location with a beuatiful beach right outside lanai and lawn. Only negative is having to take the garbage to the curb, but worth the unusual inconvenience.
MaryAnn F., Hinsdale, IL, 6.26.12
- We would definitely recommend a friend stay at this rental. It was clean and has just what you need to meet your needs. The booking of unit was flawless. This is the second time we have used this company to book a beach house and we will use them again & again. The nicest thing about using them this time was the representative that called me the day before we arrived & she met us at the unit when we arrived. She (and her husband) was awesome and by the end of our trip felt like we had a new friend on Hawaii! She also met us to say good-bye and give us a hug on the way out. We had seen this house many times on other trips to Lanikai, I was very excited to be staying there! Mahalo for a wonderful trip, as usual!!
Mary Beth L., Webster, TX, 6.15.12
- We had a terrific stay in Lanikai. The bungalow was charming and the location is the best. The customer service was fantastic and I would stay there again the next time i am lucky enough to visit Oahu.
Mary L., New York, NY, 5.15.12
- Best place to be. Nice beautiful house. Awesome caretaker who accommodates all your needs. So worth it, and we loved everything about it.
Kehau M., Kailua, HI, 4.26.12
- Our stay at Hale Sweet Hale was truly a great place to stay at in such a wonderful paradise! Not only a clean place but comfortable! The land lord on site was amazing and always there for us if we needed something! The location was perfect! Having the beach only a 2 min walk was great!!!! At first we though this sucks no tv in the livingroom and only a little one in the master bedroom ! But it was the best thing ever because we read we talked we just say there and relaxed and listened to the birds outside and best of all we walked and say at the beach instead of sitting in front of the Tv!!!!!! Thanks do much for making our trip that much more fun!!!
Kim H., Hagan, AB, 4.18.12
- Having a home right on the water is awesome. We could see turtles feeding 20 feet from us constantly. Very nice home, great location and great quality.
Tim C., Phoenix, AZ, 4.13.12
- Awesome, awesome, awesome! We were made to feel right at home and if we needed anything they were more then happy to help. The location is perfect and puts you right at Lanikai beach. You are removed from the city atmosphere of Waikiki and placed in a chill heaven. And everything seems to be just a stones throw away!!!
Juan C., Mesa, AZ, 3.30.12
- We did like the house, it was very sweet, with beautiful furnishings, and the kitchen was great to be able to eat in after being out and about. Loved the location for getting to those magificent sunsets!The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that there is some need for updates, i.e., the floors need replacing, and some kitchen utensils are very old. I would stay there again!
Susan S., Kirkland, 3.27.12
- We stayed here to celebrate mom's 80th birthday. From the beginning of our first connection with Kia'aina to checking out, all went perfectly. The house has the feel of an old plantation house that easily accommodated the ten of us..... I can see how it would sleep 22 nicely. Having a full laundry room was a plus and didnt think we needed two fridges, but boy did that come in handy.....a drink fridge and a food fridge! We loved the large kitchen....wish there were more glasses for drinks, but we made do. We walked the neighborhood and met so many wonderful people with lots of lovely tips. The Moke Islands are must do for next time, but the kayaking out to the bird sanctuary was very interesting. For those less interested in battling the sea waves in a kayak, the canal was a lovely gentle paddle....saw Night Heron and heard there were barracudas in the canal.......no wonder the fish were so active! The turtles were there to greet us every morning and the waves sang us to sleep every night. Be prepared for some wind, but we loved it! It cooled off us NW'ers! Kayaking and scuba diving are right at your finger-tips......don't forget the lanai at Buzz's for puu-puu's and great food. The location was a quick drive into Honolulu if that's your program, but for relaxing and enjoying the Hawaiian spirit, there's no better place. You are in great hands with Kia'aina and his group......we were so thankful for the recommend!
Gwen J., NEWPORT, OR, 3.2.12
- we rentet the Lanikai Beach Bungalow for 11 days. the house was very old, but newly paintet. the whole house was very "used" and the kitchen was too old and we had to call for extra forks, knives and glasses.There were not enough for 8 people!!! . The room with 2 beds was not good. The bathroom was awful, the door could not close. All the windows in all the house alowed the wind to come in!! and it was very, very windy!! We were promised a beach in front of the house. That did not exsist! We had to walk to the big beach, and the reason for why we choose this house was the beach in front, as we had invited our grandsons along, as well as our daughters and son-in-law. The costumer service, we recieved was good but we had to call several times for toiletpaper and we were asked, if we could tidy the house, so people could come see it, as it is for sale!! We refused, of course!! We think if was expensive enough, and it was our vacation, and we did not want to tidy up for that reason. The house is for 8 persons, but there is only 2 beach-chairs, and one was broken! the beach-gear was very old and very used. There was no kajak, so we could go to the islands in front of the house. Last year we rentet an apartment, also in Mokulua Drive, and there was everything, we could use, also bicycles!! The best about the house was the placement, just at oceanfront, and the turtels. The garden was good for the children, and it was closed. Especially our family was not pleased with the house. We had expected something nicer. We think it was very expensive for such an old house, worn out!! No, we will not come back, even if the surroundings are beautiful, and we all love Hawaii so much. We will come back to Hawaii, even if it is a very long trip all the way from Denmark, but we will expect something better for that high price. We could easily have staryed in a 5-star hotel inWaikiki for the same price!! Best regards from us inDenmark, Hanne Andersen
Hanne A., Copenhagen, 2.27.12
- I had lived in Hawaii for many years and returning to Hale Sweet Hale was just like returning home. Frome the moment i walked in the front door, I was at peace here The owners were so friendly and inviting. Of course, Lanikai Beach is the best in the world. Every evening when we did not eat out, we ate dinner on the picnic table under the tree in the front yard. Our children loved the nice big yard and spent time there kicking around a soccer ball. As far as food goes, we hit every take out in Kailua! My favorite is Zippy's chili and Rice with a side of Mac Salad. Tokoname's actually had the best sushi I have ever had and that is saying something. It was expensive but worth it. Fat Boys has great garlic chicken plate lunches. In a nutshell, our favorite vacation spot in the world is Lanikai and Hale Sweet Hale, with it's wonderful Hawaiiana atmosphere was the absolute best. We hope to come back frequently. Thank you, Kaiaina, Lori and Willie for making us feel so at home. Aloha, Nancy Nixon, Portland, Oregon February 9, 2012
Nancy N., Portland, OR, 2.9.12
- This is a comfortable home offering incredible oceanfront views in a quiet but charming neighborhood. The location and conveniences of a private residence cannot be compared to any other accommodation. We were very pleased and hope to return again in the future. The host was super congenial and helpful. A very nice and unexpected perk was the Pillbox hike to breathtaking views just up the road, rivaling Diamondhead. Also, Kailua Beach Park is a short walk or run and the towncenter a short drive for all the conveniences of coffee, quaint boutiques, ice cream, and fantastic pancakes at Cinnamon's. Waking up to watch the sun rise over the ocean while drinking hot coffee is something all vacationers to Hawaii should have the pleasure of experiencing. We used a rented kayak and paddleboard and also snorkeled right down the steps leading to the beach from our backyard.
Sarah T., Hardin, MT, 1.26.12
- We had a great time at Hale Sweet Hale. The house was perfect for us. Lori was super helpful and friendly. The boys got up every morning and ran around the big yard. Walking distance to the 2 best beaches on Oahu. Lanikai beach was just across the street and down the short path. Kailua Beach was 10 minutes walk along the road. They had beach towels, boogie boards and sand toys to take to the beach. Lot's of room in the house, a king bed, a queen bed, a bunk bed and a single. One bathroom was sometimes tough with a teenage girl but we managed. WIFI was used daily. Anything you needed in the kitchen IF you wanted to cook! Breeze through the house and the ceiling fan in the bedroom helped keep it cool at night, didn't need air conditioning. A little more noise than I am used to but it is pretty quiet in Wyoming! Washer/dryer didn't seem to dry very well. A clothes line would be awesome for hanging wet, sandy towels outside. Walked to Buzz's for a very memorable and delicious meal. Farmer's market in Kailua on Thursday nights was a great spot to stop and get bread, fruit and vegetables and hot meals. Surprised how few bugs were around, maybe just the season? We went at Christmas and New Years 2011-2012. Obama's entourage did not affect us at all. I would recommend this home for families for sure!
Lisa M., Cody, WY, 1.11.12
- Lanikai Loft was very good location near to beach though the nearest beach walking to has a little less space of the beach when high tide but also very quiet and we really enjoyed nice ocean view and muntain view from terrace. I liked the house was clean, too. I really would like to say thank you to the honer families' warm hospitality.
Jun M., Mitaka, 12.31.11
- My family of 7 had a wonderful time in our beach house. The location was fabulous, and it was so homey that you felt it truly was your home. We had wonderful meals in town (Kailua) . . . Best was Baci Bistro -- wonderful Italian!! And best breakfast was at Cinnamons. The only "minuses" were the constant wind, which I guess you need to expect on the "windward side", and also we never seemed to have enough hot water. But they were inconveniences we worked around and overall have only great things to say about the location, the house, and the people. Thanks Lori for checking in on us --- MAHALO!!!!
Peggy C., Pacific Palisades, CA, 12.28.11
- The studio was exactly as described. It was a simple, comfortable & convenient place to stay. I enjoyed how close it was to the beach & how peaceful it was. I was welcomed & treated very well!
Kyle I., West Covina, CA, 10.7.11
- We loved the Lanikai Beach Bungalow! We really enjoyed the property, and were impressed with everything there it had everything that the family needed for a great holiday. The environment was fantastic (particularly the honu), seeing the moonlight on the water at night was stunning, and the design of the property is perfect for the environment. It's a shame that it all had to come to an end, and am now home!
Joy L., Richmond, Victoria, 9.16.11
- 1. We loved the 3 bedrooms and 3 baths attached. My husband loved having the AC for those humid nights. I loved the kitchen, the two common living spaces, and the large dining room table and chairs. The view!!!!!! 2. The customer service was excellent!!! Thank you. 3. The best part of our trip was the beachfront location and the view and sound of the surf right outside the door. 4. The two best restaurants that we found were Cinnamon's and Hy's. 5. The best picture that we took was playing on the beach with our grandchildren and the sea turtles. 6. This was my most relaxing vacation ever. 7. There is a sea wall and steps leading down to the surf. At high tide you cannot go into the ocean outside of the house. You have to walk down a couple of blocks to Lanikai for beach activities. 8. The Lanikai location is spectacular.
Cyndee R., Northridge, CA, 8.30.11
- The location of the Ocean House was the best. Customer service was great. He replaced the refrigerator in my place very quickly when the original wasn't operating properly. The best part of my trip was watching the sun come up every morning, the Mokulua Islands, and Lanikai beach as it was the beach I grew up on. The best restaurant: Buzz's Steak House. Best pic was taken with my Kailua High grads, most of them I have known since elementary school. I've told all my friends, already. Location is great, don't sweat the small stuffs, like having "no microwave oven" to heat your food, save some kau-kau for the smartest ants in the world that live there with you. You can give them "the evil eye" and the ants will run and hide! not bad enough to worry about. There were a few other things, but I talked to the property manager about them already. On-street parking was sometimes a headache on weekends or if I returned late in the afternoon. My recommendation, swim every day and watch the turtles in the late afternoon feed on the coral below the sea wall. Ride "The Bus" at least part way around the island. Do some hiking up to the pill-boxes and the backside of Lanikai overlooking the beach. Spend more time sailing and kayaking with friends in Kailua and Kaneohe Bays. Mahalo nui loa. Berk Adams
Berk A., Santa Rosa Beach, FL, 8.17.11
- Aloha! We had a fabulous trip back home to Kailua and the Lanikai Beach Bungalow was exactly what we all hoped for! It was clean, comfortable and provided the perfect "beachy" atmosphere. Our agents who helped us were simply awesome from beginning to end! We just love them! Mahalo to both of them, from the eight of us who truely left our hearts in Lanikai! We will all be back very soon!
Jamie S., Bellingham, WA, 7.25.11
- Fabulous beach house! We had a mini family reunion and it worked out perfect! Lots of space to not feel crowded and in each others' way. Very shabby chic/cottage, laid back feel. We LOVED the ocean smack dab behind the property and even had sea turtles visit! Kiaaina greeted us the first day and gave us all sorts of tips on where to go to eat and hike. He and Lori, his assistant, are right across the street from the property so they are readily available if needed. A couple of challenges - the wifi connection was intermittent, but we were experiencing strong winds and lots of rain and the cable company was suppose to come out to fix, but never made it. Also the gas grill could not warm up hot enough to work properly but we did not report it to Kiaaina or Lori. Overall, we all LOVED the Ocean House and would stay there again if we do another big group trip!
Helen D., Castle Rock, CO, 6.15.11
1 - 100 of 208
Lanikai vacation reviews