- We had a great trip to Oahu. The condo is in a great location and the check-in and out procedure was easy. The condo was clean, comfortable and the managers are very accomodating. We enjoyed our stay at Kuilima Estates 106W and will return as soon as possible.
Kuilima Estates 106WAdd to Wish List
Located in lush, gated tropical setting alive with palms, plumeria and hibiscus to delight the eyes, this upgraded two bedroom will please the most discerning traveler. Decorator furnished rooms offer you luxury and the latest amenities, furnishings, tile flooring, carpeting and 32" Flat panel HD TV with built in DVD player and a new 42'' Plasma HD TV (added June 2013) wall mounted in the master bedroom. A comfortable queen electric inflatable bed and couch have replaced the sofa bed. more »
Both bedrooms have air conditioners and a brand new air conditioning unit was just added to the master bedroom this month (August 2013). There are three pools and two tennis courts and ping-pong on the property. A five minute walk to The Resort At Turtle Bay where there is casual and fine dinning as well as outdoor beach front restaurants. The hotel offers many attractions that are available to you. Some of which are day spa services, helicopter tours, horseback riding, surfing lessons, miles of walking trails, two 18 hole golf courses, a safe swimming and snorkeling beach. You are not permitted to use the pool at the resort. You do have three pools at Kuilima for your use. There are super markets, fast food restaurants,The Polynesian Cultural Center (the second most visited attraction on Oahu), famous big wave surfing spots like Waimea Bay, Sunset Beach, Banzai Pipeline all within a 10 minute drive. The Old Town of Haleiwa is 20 minutes away where you can enjoy some interesting shops, restaurants, and the boat harbor. If you want to swim with the sharks, you can check out the tours offered. Come be our guest and enjoy "country" paradise at its best.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: 10 min walk to Beach
- 2 Bedroom Condo
- 1 full bathroom
- Fairway View
- A/C in 2 rooms
- Another Rental on Property
- Beach Towels
- Iron/Ironing Board
- 1 queen bed
- 1 double-full bed
- 1 twin bed
- Community Pool
- Water Sports Equipment
- Beach Chairs
- Additional Outdoor Shower
- Bath Tub
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Garbage Disposal
- Coffee Maker
- Stove Top Burner
- High Speed Internet Access
- Wireless Internet
- Hi Def Television
- DVD Player
- Satellite/Cable Television
- Child Friendly
- No Pets
- No Smoking
- Elderly Friendly
- Horse Riding
- Maximum Occupancy: 6 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 2 cars
- 800 sq ft
- New 42
- The grounds of the Estates were well maintained. The amenities were of acceptable quality. The pool area in front of our unit was small and in desperate need of some attention. The condition of the pool itself and the gate access both need repair.
- We were disappointed with the condition of Unit 106 which was poor. It was clean and tidy, but the bunk beds were uncomfortable, the sheets too small for the beds, and the air conditioners noisy. The kitchen was poorly equipped and it was a struggle to accommodate four people with luggage for a two week stay.
- Friends of ours rented a unit on the East Estate which was in considerably better condition and better equipped. We expected better value for the price. We would not stay in that Unit 106 again nor recommend it to any of our friends. It needs a major make-over.
- The agents were fantastic. Very friendly, responsive and welcoming. They are the unit owner's greatest asset!
- The Turtle Bay area location was delightful and the surrounding surf and beaches spectacular. However North Shore can become very congested and traffic can be very heavy.
Jeremy N., Tooak, 12.23.13
Comment by Owner/Manager:
While we appreciate the input from these guests, we stand by the fact that this property is a great value for the price since it is a two bedroom. The bunk bed is only a few months old and we have never had complaints on about the comfort but we have changed out the sheets. We also take exception to the notes on the kitchen since we had brought in brand new 8 place settings composed of: dinners plates, bowls, glasses, coffee mugs, wine glasses, dinner knives, sheet pans, ice cube trays, various serving utensils and other assorted kitchen items. All of the older dinning settings were taken out. Bottom line, this kitchen is very well stocked. As far as the AC units being too noisy, these are standard AC units (one is only a few months old) that operate perfectly fine and within normal limits. Regarding the pool, there are three pools to choose on the west side and the closest pool's gate was fixed and there are no issues with this pool, which happens to be very charming. Bottom line, we stand by this property; for the price and ability to accommodate up to 6 guests, this is a great value.
- We planned a mini stay-cation for our family over the Thanksgiving holiday, and thought it would be nice to stay on the north shore, away from the busyness of Honolulu. Our trip was great, got the kids to beaches and pool, had a lot of fun. The unit was not up to par for what I was expecting. We knew it would be simple accommodations, but unit was a bit below par. When we arrived, the toilet was constantly leaking (flapper inside tank was hard as a rock and not sealing) so it made constant noise. The kitchen sink would also not shut off completely, so water was always leaking from the faucet. It's evident that the water bill is covered by the association, and electricity is the responsibility of the unit owner, because this place must have been wasting 1000's of gallons of water every month, and there is a note on the A/C unit that you would be charged a $50.00 surcharge if you used it. Our booking agent was out of town during out stay, but provided an alternate contact if needed. I called about the water issues, and got positive response. Due to the holiday, repairs were understandably not completed until the day after. With new faucet and flapper installed, we appreciated not having to listen to the toilet run all night.
- The wall art and silk plants throughout the unit would be nice if they were cleaned. The silk plants were loaded with dust, and were more unsightly than aesthetic. We paid $120 for a 'cleaning' fee, so hopefully the visitors after us get a cleaner, more presentable unit.
- I don't expect top notch dishes, utensils, or pots/pans in this type of unit, but what was there I would be embarrassed to donate to a charity. Many of the plastic cups were warped and discolored, plates chipped, everything was mismatched. Refrigerator door is not balanced and does not close by itself, so you have to be specific about closing it completely each time it is opened. Ice cube tray in the freezer has cracks all over it, so there are only 2 spots in it that actually hold water and will make an ice cube (better bring you own if you want any ice).
- Our extended weekend was great, because of our activities and together time. Unit was not up to par, but that was not the focus of our trip.
Brian G., Honolulu, HI, 12.5.13
Comment by Owner/Manager:
We appreciate the feedback and as noted by the guest, a brand new flapper valve and kitchen facet were installed within one day (over a holiday). We will work with the cleaners and ensure the pictures will be cleaned and the plants are removed. In addition, we will inspect and replace all kitchen items as necessary (plates, cups, glasses, ice trays, etc) in addition to ensuring the fridge door properly closes. The sign in the condo does not state that there is charge for AC use. It does, however state that there will be charge for excessive use, but we plan to remove this anyway. These are easy fixes to make and will all be accomplished ASAP.***24 hours since posting this reply, the kitchen has all new dishes, pots and pans, wine glasses, glasses, cookie sheets, knives, coffee mugs, ice trays, and other other assorted kitchen items/accessories. The refrigerator door was checked and closes properly and has no issues.
Location of rental in Turtle Bay
Submit this form to check availability or call (800) 853-0787
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site.