- Princeville vacation reviews
- LOVED the Condo! Exceptional location, Interior was outstanding, and with all the amenities it felt like home. We will return and most certainly recommend. That being said...the View was Breathtaking ! MAHALO !
Nune R., San Diego, CA, 10.2.19
- This Villa has all we could have wanted. We searched online so many places. This one is a gem. Out of the front door is a beautiful ocean view that just a few steps across the street is a gorgeous sunset every night. The rear patios offer a fantastic view of the beautiful colorful flowering trees and green mountains with multiple waterfalls. With two bed rooms and three bathrooms it is a dream. Super clean place, Kitchen is awesome. Close to two beaches Hideaways and Puu Poa Beach and Queen's Bath! I must plug Hideaways Pizza Pub for pizza which is an easy walk down the road. We would consider this again if we go to Kauai.
James W., Waukegan, IL, 8.14.19
- We love the North Shore, and the accomodations ast Puamana 9C were perfect for our family. Great condition and amenities. We will be back.
Carrie B., Layton, UT, 7.26.19
- The unit #1122 was outstanding, maintained and managed properly and fit our family's needs perfectly. It is always a pleasure to visit a property that is above your expectations and this property was great! The booking process was flawless and we always had clear communications. We would highly recommend this property to anyone without any reservation at all.The best part of our trip was traveling with three lovely granddaughters excited to see the beauty of Hawaii for the first time. We love Kauai!
Gary A., Sarasota, FL, 7.3.19
- Pu'u Pao #302 was simply beautiful and we were thrilled with the complete remodel vs the pictures that were on line! I have rented in the complex before and this was a first time in unit #302. I will rent this unit again for my visit in May if it's available! It was spotless! I have taken pictures and sent them to my sister's who also travel extensively....Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Marta S., San Clemente, CA, 3.7.19
- Overall the quality of the condo is good, with the furniture being very nice. We were disappointed in that the garbage disposal did not work, the 2nd bedroom TV seemed to be only capable of playing DVD's, there was not a TV in the master bedroom and the water heater was only capable of providing water just warm enough to shower when the tap turned to full hot. We called the rental company for assistance, only to receive an answering machine, even though during business hours, left a voice mail and did not receive a return call. Overall satisfaction due to the above conditions would be a 6 of 10. The view from the condo was great and you don't go to Hawaii to watch TV but it would be nice to have hot water and a working garbage disposal. I also change out three burned out light bulbs, thank goodness there were spares in the cupboard. Day to day maintenance needs improvement.
John M., HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, 11.21.18
Lauren H., Ballwin, MO, 10.22.18
- This condo was nice to stay in. It was clean. A little disappointed the grill they have is 200 feet down the steep trail at the beach. So you need to carry all your charcoal and food and supplies down. Had a great time in Kauai.
Lorrie S., Dougherty, IA, 2.2.16
- The condo was wonderful. Very clean, very well equipped, very beautiful view of the ocean. We would definitely rent this condo again. I also was very impressed with the customer service I received from the booking agent.
Leslie C., Portland, OR, 1.19.16
- Can't imagine a more wonderful location or accommodation. Amenities are bountiful. We felt totally alone, only the natural sounds of the sea and the wind. A more perfect stay is doubtful . We will return to Puu Poa 305. Cheri and Denny Clow, San Antonio, TX
Dennis C., San Antonio, TX, 12.4.15
- Our stay in 241 was GREAT. The unit was more than we expected. The views were great. The only item to be improved is to add more plates and glasses. Would recommend to anyone. Louis was great, very helpful. Bob & Gigi St. Louis
Robert H., St. Louis, MO, 1.25.15
- The overall quality of the "Pu'u Poa 308." The condition and cleanliness of the rental Your overall satisfaction with your rental. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Pu'u Poa #308 is such a special place. It is clear to me that the owner of the condo loves this place and has taken such pride in making it special for all who are lucky enough to stay in their Kauain Oasis. It is so artfully decorated and well-appointed I would go so far is to say that it is the best rental property we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many rental properties. There was NOTHING that was not thought of, every detail was considered. From the comfortable, but absolutely beautiful dcor to the detail that was put into providing everything a renter would need to have an amazing vacation. Need to wash your clothes check, beautiful front loader washer/dryer; need to cook a meal check, everything you could ever need (including the plastic ware to store your leftovers); need to find a restaurant or wonder what fish you just saw snorkeling check, vacation guide books and coffee table books galore covering every topic that could be covered regarding the island; need to connect to the internet check, seamless wireless connection; need to print something check, access to the printer (what!); need to go to the beach check, beach towels, sand toys, snorkels/fins, chairs, beach mats, even extra sunscreen and bug spray (just in case you run out!); have a rainy day check, books, novels, nice theater size TV and oh did I mention the view that you can stare at for hours and never get board (need a close up, they even thought of binoculars); need to get a great night's sleep check, mattresses and bed linens are lovely and if you need extras, you guested it just check the closet; need to write your children's name on waterproof cameras so you don't get them mixed up you guessed it CHECK they even had a sharpie! I think you get the idea this place is an amazing and all rental property owners should take a page from this lovely couple's book. Pu-u Poa #308 should not even be called a rental it should be called a home away from home! Loved it! Yes I would rent this property again I don't think our family could stay anywhere else on the island! We were spoiled! And yes I would definitely recommend this rental to family and friends! The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Amazing! Amy Jackson was incredible to work with and made this amazing rental possible by being persistent! She called me 2 seconds after I hit the send button on my request and then doggedly tracked down this rental. She listened to everything I wanted and needed and gave me everything and more! I cannot say enough about how happy I was working with her! Thank you! What was the best part of your trip? Just feeling so spoiled and taken care of. We were not in a resort but I felt that level of care. It was truly a special memory for our family Amy and Pu'u Poa #308 were such a big part of that! Thank you!
Alison K., 8.17.14
- Pali Ke Kua 118 was wonderful for our honeymoon-aversary. It is a beautiful corner unit with a spectacular view. The condo had everything we needed, including snorkel gear, a cooler, beach towels, and a couple of boogie boards. The only thing is that the boogie boards are stored under the bed, and we did not find them until the last day. It would be great if there was a note indicating where the toys are stored in the condo. We had a magical time, and although we stayed before Iselle came, the PKK Residents Manager Mike was super helpful with regards to Hurricane Preparedness, posting updates on our door, and was really helpful and friendly to chat to about what to do and where to go in the event of a hurricane warning. Nice to have Hideaways pub next door, an easy dinner out and you dont have to worry about driving. Their pizza and artichoke dip are awesome. We were surprised there was no surf in Hanalei in the summer, so best to ask around to locals and shops because there are other surf spots not too far away, near the airport and on the south island, but we didnt discover them until the last day. Princeville is a bit remote in the sense that if you want to go out and drink, you need to drive home, but we went to the St Regis one night for drinks and a Hawaiian band. You could easily get there on foot or by bikes. The Westin isnt too far either, and there are a couple other restaurants in Princeville. The only downside was that when we arrived the unit hadnt been cleaned yet. There had been some mix up by the cleaning lady, but she arrived promptly, and the Property Manager ended up re-imbursing us $50 for the inconvenience. It wasn't an ideal way to arrive, but I felt that the situation was delt with promptly and fairly. Otherwise, I would totally go back PPK 118 and would recommend to a friend.
Nicola J., 8.11.14
- We had a lovely stay at the "Cliffs". You have a lovely property! The leel of your customer service was wonderful. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful! The condo was clean which we do appreciate so much. We did have a couple of issues which where taken care of quickly. The second day we notice water on the rug going into the kitchen it had done this before, because the baseboard had been removed and there was quit a lot of mold where the base boards had been. My husband realized it was the ice maker. We turn it off and put a fan on it. The water soon dried up, and the housekeeper removed the mold. We also seen quite a few roaches in the kitchen. They where going to take care of that when we left. Day 5 we saw water spraying all over the toilet, we realized that the water was getting worse. My husband looked above the toilet, realized that every time the upstairs toilet was flushed it was dripping on are toilet (yuck)! Called and the quickly reset the upstairs toilet and the dripping stopped. Even though we had issues we would still recommend the condo at the Cliffs and would rent again. We love the trip, and love the water so much.
Avis J., Skiatook, OK, 5.27.14
- The unit was very nice and clean. There were a few items missing as a few maintenance issues which we reported the evening we checked in. Someone came the next day but did not repair the DVD player or replace the lightbulb on the patio. The unit has a great ocean view and the property is well maintained and beautifully landscaped. The only MAJOR drawback is that there are no BBQs allowed on the property with the exception of the charcoal ONE at the bottom of the paved walkway to the beach. Easily 1/4 mile away, incredibly inconvenient ! Especially since we enjoy getting fresh fish and veggies to grill as one of our favorite things to do on Kauai. A possible solution would be a few propane grills in the pool/common area. If that would happen we would definitely come back.
Amy D., 3.22.14
- Plantations 1122 was a great unit. Our booking agent did a wonderful job in finding this unit in Princeville for us as originally we were looking for something in the southern part of Kauai. If we should come again, we will stay in Princeville and hopefully the same unit. The condition of the unit was immaculate. Very clean and amenities advertised were all there and came in handy. We are very satisfy with the the unit. As mentioned earlier, we would book the rental again and will definitely recommend the unit and condo complex to our friends and other family members. The best part of our trip was visiting the Waimea Canyons and attending the Smith Family Garden Luau. The only downside of our trip was the heavy rain and the unfriendliness of one of the groundsmen. He was a tall slender elderly white gentleman who did not acknowledge our morning greetings to him on two separate days. He just acted like he didn't hear or see us. Maybe he was having a bad week but everything else at Plantation 1122 was perfect. Thanks again for making our first trip to Kauai fabulous.
Herbert L., 2.17.14
- We had a great vacation in Kauai and the Pali Ke Kua was absolutely perfect. Incredible view and great location for exploring north coast, awesome beaches, town of Hannelai, and even walking down the path for sunset snorkel. No complaints whatsoever (except the place needs one sharp knife). We are signing up for next year.
Richard I., El Cerrito, CA, 1.9.14
- Encountered 2 problems - No land line phone service upon arrival. Also had very limited cell phone service (via Sprint). Beware that Internet Wi-Fi connection is SO SLOW that it is almost useless. Probably would not book again for the above reasons.
Julie C., 1.8.14
- We had a very very nice stay. The unit is some what dated and needs some maintenance . The cleanliness was good except for a couple of cockroaches here and there...however they were dead.
Mary M., Sacramento, CA, 1.4.14
- The quality was good but not excellent. Showing a bit a wear and tear, age or salt mist distress. Booking agents were excellent. Cleanliness was okay but ran into a few hairs in the sheets. The view and location was excellent. Likely would have rented again but had a terrible experience with the maids on the way out. They were extremely rude and treated us like criminals for leaving at 1045 rather then the 10 sharp check out.
Tim D., 12.29.13
- A wonderful property. The view and peacefulness are the best! This place has everything one could need. The complex is beautifully landscaped and the pool is very nice. The access to the beach is so wonderful! The booking agent was wonderful as was the property manager. The unit was generally clean although it could use a deep cleaning in some of the out of the way places like bathroom light covers and paneling along the wall in the entry and living room was dirty. All of the window screens were dirty. But as I said, it was generally clean- just needs a good spring cleaning. The beds were comfortable. It was wonderful having ceiling fans! The unit was very quiet and peaceful. We appreciated the fully appointed kitchen. We were very happy with our home away from home and would highly recommend it. We would most definitely stay here again. Thank you so much!
Carol E., 10.4.13
- Overall quality is excellent. The kitchen especially is very well-appointed with a full range of cooking accoutrements and handy items like saran wrap and paper towels. The decor is stunning and one can immediately tell the attention to detail that the designer brought to the condo. It comes equipped with a plethora of beach towels and gear. The view from Pua Poa as well as its location are both fantastic, and for the adventurous soul, a trek down to hideaways beach is worth the peril. The booking agents were all very helpful with lots of aloha. The sad thing is I would not book this rental again because their brand new top of the line super fancy washer broke a few days into our trip. Because it was under warranty, it was not fixed by the time we left and we were not given any alternative place to launder our clothes. Since being able to wash clothes and towels for our little ones was the primary reason for renting vs. booking a nice hotel, obviously having a broken washer was not great for us and our needs. Other than that, it was a fabulous condo.
Courtney R., 7.30.13
- Our stay at Pali Ke Kua 230 was fantastic. The view from the living room and lanai is breathtaking. We found the beautiful condo to be very clean, and had every amenity we would need to have a comfortable stay. The daily visits by the local cardinals on the lanai were an unexpected treat. When we return to Kauai we hope that this condo will be available because it would absolutely be our first choice.
Michael D., 6.26.13
- House was nice but some basic additions would make it great! - Repair flat tire on bike in garage so it could be used - Repair patio door in master bedroom so it can lock - guests would feel safer! - Provide basic scale for guests to check luggage weight - Wash towels just before guests arrive - they had a dusty, musty smell - Check house phone - had some issues with making local calls. It would work for one or two calls then die. Battery is charged so not sure what the issue was.
Donna T., 4.9.13
- I would love to say that staying in this condo was exceptional, but it wasn't. I am new to the vacation condo scene and went in with my eyes wide open. However, upon arriving, we discovered that the fridge was on the fritz and had been for a few days, as all of the ice in the ice maker and a full bag of ice in the freezer was melted and the entire unit was very warm. Thinking maybe it was just recently turned on, we left it running and started our vacation. When we returned later that night, it was still warm. I contacted Liz, the local rep, and she sent a handyman over right away. He couldn't fix it, so he brought us a cooler with some ice. The next day, we spent the entire day waiting for a fix. After threatening to leave, Liz finally called to let me know what was going on. Still no fridge. Chip, the handyman was kind enough to bring his personal mini fridge for us to use during our stay. We ended up eating out alot, having only enough room for about one meal at a time in the fridge. Chip was a Godsend! Obviously, no one had checked the condo prior to our arrival. Besides the fridge, the unit could have been a lot cleaner. Not terrible but not great either. To solve a lot of the problems we had, all we needed was a representative to meet us there and take us through some items. How to work the TV, where things were stored, what the check out policy was, etc, or at least something in writing and where it was located. On a positive note, the location was wonderful for watching whales, turtles and the ocean in general. The weather could have been better, but it was February in Princeville so it was wet with high wind and surf, so it was expected. The walk down to the little beach was quite a workout so only went once but it was beautiful. The stores were very close by and we used them a lot. A little pricey compared to the Big Island where I live, but doable. Still had a lot of fun and would go back to Kauai but might look for a different condo.
Shelane H., 3.7.13
- The view from our unit was spectacular. The marble floors were stunning. The condo had not been cleaned prior to our arrival and sheets had to be changed on the beds. There was dust and hair on the floor and sand in the beds. The oven was dirty so we didn't use it. The microwave is broken and the master bedroom door sticks so much it makes a huge noise when you open it. There is little or no cell reception from AT&T use. The wifi stated on the website had to be delivered after we made a phone call after our arrival to discover there was none. One couple used the king bed. The other couple crammed on one of the small beds since no bed joiner was provided. Construction on the unit next door cause hammering constantly. There was a water shut off for a day due to some problem. There was dust blobs hanging off the ceiling fans. The ceiling fan in the MBr sounds like an aerosol can is being dispersed for the first 45 minutes of operation.
Susanne L., 11.14.12
- We had a great stay at Pali Ke Kua 241. We were able to book it on short notice, and stayed for six nights. The unit is very well located, within 10 minutes walking distance to several nice beaches including one on Hanalei Bay itself. The unit was very clean when we arrived, and although we had some maintenance issues (lights out) during our stay, the staff was very responsive. We would definitely return.
Jim K., 8.25.12
- The location and view from the unit was excellent and it was generally clean . Carpets are a bit worn and probably could be replaced in the near future. While there was internet access there was no wifi and since we only brought our iPad we were unable to connect to the internet. The rental agent said she would get us a wireless connection but never followed through. A few minor complaints: better quality knives, a salad bowl and a small cooler would be helpful. The BBQ situation was not good. We were told that the unit had a small electric unit that we could use, but we didn't see it. We love to cook and BBQ is a big part of our repertoire so not having a place to BBQ except down at the bottom of a very steep and long path at the beach. Seems like the association should create a place by the pool or by the units for BBQ. TV, satellite and stereo systems are extremely complicated and not at all intuitive, but instructions were good enough that we got it working. All in all we had a great time and would come back to this unit in the future. Snorkeling at hideaways was excellent.
Todd H., 8.16.12
- What can I say except this place was very nice and comfortable. We didn't want to leave.
Brittan A., 8.6.12
- The view was good. Very clean and up to date furniture and furnishings.
Corine M., 7.17.12
- The view is absolutley amazing!!!!! Great location:)
Corine M., 7.17.12
- Thank you! We had a wonderful time. Great place! Beautiful views. The only problem was the beach towels were delivered two days after we checked in and so we spent over $30 on purchasing towels at the grocery store. Other than that, everything was wonderful and we would come back again for sure! Thanks for the use of your beautiful condo. Aloha!
David S., Loomis, CA, 7.14.12
- Excellent vacation! Our unit was clean, in good condition, convenient to everything, and had magnificent views. Management was very responsive to the one minor issue we had, so customer service was excellent. We would love to have the SAME unit the next time we return to Kauai. Air tour of Kauai on Wings over Kauai was a highlight, but our Pali Ke Kua abode was the best part of our trip!
Doug A., Jacksonville, FL, 5.13.12
- Pali Ke Kua #121 was more than we could have hoped for... Clean, beautifully decorated with a view to die for... We really didn't need to go anywhere else, our vacation was complete when we walked through the door. Of course we did see all the local sites, beaches, and visited restaurants and shops in nearby Hanalei. After spending three days in the warmer, drier southern part of the island the rugged northern coast was a beautiful contrast - green, lush and unforgettable.
James & Linda M., Hayward, CA, 4.27.12
- I love kauaii but I think I would prefer to stay at Pali ke Kia in unit 246 because of the amazing Ocean view I saw while looking at the units there. I thought the cleanliness of the house was Great but this was spoiled by the most uncomfortable Sofa and living room chairs. We did enjoy the bikes in the Garage. There was no steamer for veggies However I did feel the owner had a great Eye for design but needs to get a new Sofa and comfy chairs.
Margaret G., 3.14.12
- Enjoyed the location and ocean view. 2 issues we had were the tvs not working and the condo not being clean when we arrived. The major storm closed the road to Hanalei and created a problem for the cleaning people.. However when we called they immediately came over and cleaned while we went to dinner. The tv in the main room was fixed but the main floor bedroom tv was out. Cleaning people need to make sure all remotes are operating with fresh batteries. We had a bad wx week and therefore will try to come back another time. Condo was very pleasant and comfortable. We would definitely rent 230 again. Be sure and do the the ziplines down the road at Princeville ranch. Great guides and great ziplines. Fun for all ages.
Debby B., Shafter, CA, 3.12.12
- The unit had a beautiful cliff-top view of the surf in a tiny inlet, and many sightings of whales in the ocean. The setting and the grounds in the facility and the golf course were all very nice and well maintained. I wish that the window outside the eating space had been cleaned, but they didn't get to it until after we had left - but I didn't ask, either. We enjoyed all of our time around the island, and had several good meals in Hanalei. Actually, I can't think of any reason why I couldn't give this unit 5 stars, the unit and the facility were all very nice.
Tom C., Augusta, MI, 2.6.12
- The view was fabulous.. the condo is well-equipped but bit outdated in terms of furnishings. This complex is listed as having air-conditioning-- that is not the case. Angela in the Princeville office was outstanding.. mahalo! Looking forward to coming back soon!
Joy G., Dayton, OH, 1.27.12
- The unit was clean, spacious, and the entry instructions easy to follow. We had a terrific view of the north shore deep water that enabled us to do whale watching over coffee in the morning. While we enjoyed the north shore immensely, getting to the western part of the island is time consuming--but that's what you get with Kauai. All the more reason to go back and stay in another section of the island to explore some more! Restaurants not to miss: Kiluea Fish Market, The Eastside in Kapaa, Lighthouse Bistro in Kiluea. Piece of advice I wish I had had before the trip: the red dirt stains EVERYTHING, so if you're going hiking, bring dark colored clothing that you don't mind soiling. My only complaint had to do with the internet service--not easy. There were two similarly named accesses and the other one kept coming up on all of our devices. It took a couple of calls to resolve--and then only our computers would link, not our iPhones. Being that we arrived on a holiday Friday afternoon, we didn't get this resolved until Tuesday. A nuisance that could be avoided with either a better router or better instructions.
Susan G., Wynnewood, PA, 1.3.12
- We spent 11 days in this rental with two teenage sons. The condo was spacious enough and comfortable. The location is great and we even spotted whales off the lanai. The rental had everything we needed supplied including beach chairs, towels and boogieboards. We cooked in most nights and the kitchen is well supplied. The only suggestions I would make is that the rental needs a little TLC. We had problems with the master toilet and the refrigerator. The rental company was quick to remedy both problems though. And it would be nice if the condo complex had a shared BBQ area. It was hard to walk down the path to the common BBQ in the rain. We would definitely stay again!
Nancy F., Ventura, CA, 1.1.12
- Liked the cottage view and beach. Customer service was great. Na Pali coast was the best part of the trip. Best restaurant was Lighthouse Bistro. Best picture I took was on the Napali coast. Can't wait to tell my friends that is was so affordable. Advice...expect to eat out a lot. Kitchen is small. Would recommend the napalm coast and hide-away beach. Plan to kayak next time.
Rich W., Houston, TX, 6.25.11
- Loved the view! The condo also had a lot of snorkel and beach gear for use which was great.
Gretchen K., San Diego, CA, 5.30.11
- Beautiful view, comfortable furnishings. Could use a new bed though I have slept on worse. Bathroom could use some updating. Had a wonderful time and would rent again.
Patricia M., Chisago City, MN, 3.29.11
- We loved the spaciousness of the unit and view off the balcony! We even got to see a baby sperm whale playing in the water in the distance - awesome! Customer service was fine, we received several emails ahead of our stay with directions and lock box information - since we arrived on a new moon night in the pitch dark, it would have been even greater if a marked map of the complex could be provided, otherwise, all was hassle free and easy Best part of our trip was the Kauai experience - tropical island, beautiful vegetation everywhere, friendly people, Princeville and the Na Pali coast has absolutely gorgeous landscapes which appear different every day, and the North Shore is less crowded, and very peaceful and relaxing. Hanalei has a wide variety of restaurants, we tried two and the food was good, prices were decent, but we like the condo life self sufficiency. Hanalei Bay has a long beach around almost the whole bay, accessible from Hanalei village, which can be walked easily even on days where the waves are too rough for swimming or bobbing in the waves. Best photos of us was on the Kalalau trail overlooking the Na Pali coastline. We paid close attention to the weather forecasts and were able to hike the trail after a few dry days, but it is a strenuous hike and we managed only 2 miles one-way to the first beach - but it was all worth it. The trail goes up and down and sometimes over large rocks so you have to pay attention to where you are stepping to avoid twisting an ankle or worse, so keep that in mind if you decide the hike, 2 miles is one way, you still need to come back, too! My advise to someone else staying in the unit would be to enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail or ice tea on the balcony, relaxing and letting the waves and the vast ocean seep into you to 'feel' the spirit of the islands. The unit was fully stocked with almost everything one would need, including cards, a great large flat screen TV and cable, for the longer winter evenings, free internet so you can stay in touch with friends and family, comfortable living room furniture and patio furniture; the kitchen had all the utensils, applicances, pots, pans dishes and wine glasses, even spices, one could wish for... The bathrooms are nice and spacious and even both bedrooms had ample room despite having a large king sized bed in one and two full sized in the other. Washer and dryer make it easy to keep the beach towels, etc., clean. The grounds are also lovely, we were visited by the endangered native Hawaiian goose, the NeNe, several had chicks and they were just the cutest. On a new moon night we were able to see so many stars and even made out the Milky Way - something one rarely gets to see with all the light pollution of the big cities..... I would definitely recommed to stay in the Princeville area, the Pali Ke Kua complex was very accessible, very quiet at night, with a grocery store and shops close by and a lovely bay 2 miles down the road, Hanalei Bay. Kauai is not known as much for snorkeling, but the insider tip we received was Po'ipu Beach on the South Shore (we were there in December - summer would be different) which was a bit of a drive, but lovely, and we were able to see many big fish and a wide variety literally feet from the shore - rewarding! In short, we had a wonderful 10 days on Kauai and felt very relaxed and welcome. Aloha and thank you for providing the environment/basis camp from which to experience this beautiful island!
Jim L., Scottsdale, Arizona, 12.16.10
- Overall we felt very comfortable because the unit was clean and the view was wonderful. Everything we needed was present and the beds/furniture were comfortable. We appreciated the washer/dryer on site. My husband particularly liked the HD TV.
Eileen P., Niskayuna, NY, 10.15.10
- the unit was big enough for the family service was very good i will recommend the unit and the whole facilty to my friends kauai is wonderfull
Heinz H., Graz, Styria, 7.31.10
- The view from PKK 118 is spectacular! It was wonderful to start each day with a cup of coffee and fresh pineapple on the lanai while looking out at Hanalei Bay and Na Pali coast and to end each day with a cocktail on the lanai while we watched the sunset. Hideaway Beach, an easy walk down the bluff from the unit, is a good snorkeling spot. The condo is comfortable, nicely furnished, and was well stocked with towels and other essentials (the only odd thing is that the water from the water dispenser on the front of the refrigerator tasted moldy, so we didn't use it). We spent every day exploring new places to snorkel and swim. Great spots for snorkeling include Ke'e Beach, Tunnels, and 'Anini Beach. We saw several turtles, eels, an octopus, in addition to a huge variety of fish. Great swimming spots include Kalihiwa Bay, Ha'ena Beach Park, and Kahalahala Beach. This was our first time staying on the north end of Kauai, so we decided to focus on the north end and not spend too much time driving all over the island. We have stayed in Kapaa twice before, so didn't feel the need to go to that area on this trip. The north end of the island in the summer can't be beat!
Nancy P., Olympia, WA, 7.19.10
- This is the second year I have booked a condo with this company. What an amazing place to stay for our second trip to Kauai! We loved every aspect of this condo. The beds were amazing, the unit was equipped with fun beach accessories, their was every kind of cooking utensil available. The complex was quiet and very accessible to the Hideaways beach. Some great snorkeling there that we didn't know about last year. I will be requesting this unit again for next year! We had six family members and everyone had very nice accomodations. We loved Scotty's in Kapaa - great barbeque. The Bull Shed in Lihue was also excellent. Very disappointed in the Hanalei Dolphin this year - food horrible. We had a great time on our Kayak Kauai trip to the Secret Falls, we tubed the sugar plantation with Kauai Backcountry adventures (great guides) and did an ATV backcountry tour Kipu Ranch adventures (would not spend the money on the ATV tour - not worth it.) Thanks again for a lovely vacation - I did not want to come home!!
Shannon C., Cave Creek, Arizona, 6.29.10
Rebecca C., Venice, CA, 6.7.10
- The unit was great, very close to perfect. The sun shines into the unit in the afternoon. I noticed some units have shades outside to drop down over the lani. This could cut down on the afternoon heat gain in the unit. The bed is too soft. This unit had the best view. Two of the chairs on the lani had cusions. That was so nice most units just had hard plastic chairs. Customer service was good. the directions that you e-mailed were easy to follow. The directions for the unit on the frig were clear and concise. The kitchen had everything you could possibly need. I can't really think of any thing to improve, you guys have obvious been doing this for awhile. Thank you for allowing us to rent the unit. We only stayed a week in kauai. I would return again but I think we would need 10 more days to really see kauai. I would not hesitate to stay in this unit again if it was available.
Frances F., Forestville, CA., 5.10.10
- The cottage is a perfect place for a getaway with someone you hold dear. The view is worth more than what is charged to stay at the cottage. Also the close proximity to everything on the north shore is a big plus!
Paul D., Oakland, CA, 1.20.10
- We had a wonderful time at Pali Ke Kua 130 . I would have given it five stars had we not have had another very noisy party upstairs from us. They had two young children with a baby that kept us up most of the night after they checked in. We had four days without another party upstairs, which was nice. The insulation was not good for sound barrier. Otherwise, we had a great stay, beds were comfortable, beautiful view from the balcony. I loved the Dolphin restaurant in Hanalie. The best beach we found was definitely Hanalei. We loved the Kauai Sea Tours sunset cruise - a must do for anyone going to the Na Pali shore. I would absolutely love to stay again at Pali Ke Kua 130 - we did not want to go home. I loved working with Hawaii Vacation rentals, they went out of their way to provide excellent customer service. Great recommendation to get Kauai Revealed before we went. I used the book every day to find neat places to go see. By the way, one of the best finds just below the bluffs at our condo was Queen's Bath.
Shannon C., Cave Creek, Arizona, 6.28.09
- Enough adjectives don't exist in the English dictionary to describe the exquisite delight of our total experience. Next trip we will see and do what we did and will broaden our island adventurers further. And...........we want it all to be done while occupying the same space in the same place..............."our" beautiful condo at Pali Ke Kua. We were 'at home with friends', although just having met. Mahalo !!!! Liz, Jody, Nancy and above all , The owners. "The one freely watering others will himself be freely watered." Your generous spirit in sharing your wonderful home with us will remain in our hearts with great fondness forever. We WILL BE BACK!
Joyce B., Thibodaux, LA, 6.16.09
- The unit was very nice. The second day that we were there, we saw whales spy hopping and breaching from the kitchen and balcony. The view was wonderful. The private beach was great for snorkling. It was easy to get in and out of. The information that we got on the internet was that there was a computer and internet access. The unit had internet access, but no computer. When we talked to the property management, they said they would try to get us a loner. Then they never contacted us about it. We got swept under the carpet. Also, there was a broken door that needed repair to the balcony. The note said that it was going to be repaired soon. We never heard from the property management about this either. It was a slight inconvience as we could not use or open the second sliding door. We could open the one, but not the other. The second door would have created more ventilation. We would stay there again.
James W., Albuquerque, NM, 5.12.09
- Great View! We looked forward to returning to the unit after exploring many of Kauai activities. A very peaceful and relaxing place to stay. All had a great time, Thanks!
Christopher W., Liverpool, New York, 12.28.08
- My family really liked Hanalei Bay Resort. Our unit had the perfect location. We had a beautiful view from our Lanai. We could see the pool, the ocean, the mountains, and lots of beautiful vegetation. If you have children that prefer a pool over the beach this is the place for you. There is a nice sand beach with in a 5 min walk. One thing could have made it better, that is if the resturant and bar were open.
Diane D., Encinitas, California, 8.31.08
- Great View of the Ocean. Customer Service was exceptional - always able to contact someone or if they were away from their desk they called right back - very cooperative. The best restaurant was the Hanalei Dolphin, with La Cascata followed by Kalypso (for casual) The best I took was of the sunset, my son got one of a sea turtle. I would definitely recommend the 222 Pali Ke Kua to others. Great experience....
Ron B., Las Vegas, NV, 8.25.08
- The unit was fabulous. Its location facing NE was key for getting the near-constant afternoon breeze to keep the entire condo cool. Pali Ke Kua's Hideaways beach is our favorite beach; you walk down the cliff path and then traverse coral to get to one of the hot-spots of snorkeling on the island! Queen's Bath is also located in the same complex. Both locations are ideal for those who want a little more than driving up to a flat beach, but less than hiking miles! In terms of eating, Pali Ke Kua is only a couple miles from Hanelai Bay, which has a plethora of excellent eateries. It's hard to pick a favorite. One thing you want to do is pick up a pineapple from one or the grocery stores and chop it up yourself -- they are so incredibly fresh and juicy! We found one radio stations (99.9 FM) that played good music (70's 80's 90's hits), but otherwise tough to get good driving/listening music. The only thing that I can think of to bring next year is some mix CD's for the car/house. We got snorkel gear for the week, which I highly recommend. If you are going to hit the above beaches, I advise either getting water socks or having sandals that can get in the water -- makes climbing the cliffs and traversing the coral MUCH easier! We are already planning to come back next year and do more hiking exploration. The condo has a copy of an excellent Kauai guide (http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Kauai-Guidebook-Revealed/dp/0971727910/ref=cm_lmf_tit_1) that we found to be spot-on on everything, so don't invest in one before coming!
Matthew J., Alexandria, VA, 7.15.08
- Hi! We had a great time on kauai and would definitely stay at Pali Ke Kua with its spectacular view and lovely, clean condo. TV in upstairs bedroom did not work and my husband missed that for his evenig news. Otherwise everything was great and you guys at the travel agency were very efficent and wonderful to deal with!!!
Cathy T., Manhatten Beach, CA, 4.14.08
- we were there March '08. This was a VERY nice place. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! We took our three children, nanny and my husban and I and there was pleanty of room for all of us. The owners take care of the property very well. We felt so welcomed there and like it was home that we definately were not ready to go home. There was a pool and workout facilty on site as well, a big plus! We will definately rent this specific unit again! Thanks for helping make this family vacation so memorable!
Julie H., North Liberty, IA, 3.28.08
- We loved our condo. It was in a great location on the North shore with beautiful views of the mountains. The condo was very spacious with a great floor plan that made it easy for us and our 3 children. I would absolutely rent there again. I think the rental company did an awesome job providing us with directions, codes, etc. I liked how it was decorated, too. Thank you so much.
Becky K., Tucson, Az, 3.24.08
- The gardens and pools of Hanalei Bay resort were beautiful. Bali Hai restaurant was closed for renos. Our apt was not well suited for 2 couples....hide-a-bed in the couch was quite uncomfortable. The air conditioning did not cool the loft area of the apt. A 2 bdr and 2 bath unit would have been much more comfortable for 2 couples. Overall, Kaua'i was very beautiful. The weather was perfect during our stay. Everybody should take a boat cruise to the Na Pali region of the island....saw spinner dolphins, humpback whales and incredible scenery along the Na Pali coastline. We would like to return to Kaua'i to hike the trail to Kalalau beach in Na Pali.
Daryl H., Mississauga, Ontario, 2.23.08
- aloha from maui we had a wonderful time at hanalei bay villa 2 it was clean, spacious, and everything was in great order. laural kenny answered all questions for us and made our arrangements so easy! that was appreciated. we asked for a late check out and were granted it and that made our departure day as relaxing as our visit. altho we had rain, it was no problem as the view from the lanai is outrageous as far as beaty goes, there were sometimes 7 or 8 huge waterfalls from our lanai that we could see, birds everywhere, fruit trees, flowers and nice walks just outside the door. we had thai food in kapaa that rated almost as good as the thai food we ate in thailand, namely from the king and I and also the new sukothai restaurant that is also open for lunch. we enjoyed walking down to the princeville hotel and checking out the fabulous flower arrangements that we used to see at the grand wailea in maui. the beautiful floral arrangments in the princeville hotel are worth going to see, and if you're lucky enough, you'll see the artist at work as we did one morning. we had to return the next day just to see the finished product. also, if you get to hanalei, do have dinner at postcards' restaurant, we'd give it 5 plumerias! we sure enjoyed our trip to kauai, even in the rain we had a great time and a wondeful swim at anini beach which is still one of my most favorite places after living in hawaii over l5 years. it still has the magic it did when i first saw it back in l985! it's awesome, just like the rest of kauai. but as they say, maui no ka oi! aloha from maui! jm p.s. as far as villa 2 it's complete, you don't have to worry about a thing! thanks laurel!
John M., Kihei, Hi, 2.4.08
- The place itself was marvelous. we loved the view and the grounds around the unit. However, given the price and the surroundings, we found the unit was not as clean as it should have been. The place mats were dirty/sticky, we had to (re)wash most of the dishes/glasses before using them; the kitchen was infested with gnats - especially in the fan unit over the stove, as were most of the window screens; there were burnt out light bulbs; the ceiling fan in the main living area was extremely dirty; the sliding glass door to the deck was not functioning properly; the couch felt as though it had not been cleaned in ages. There was no broiler pan to use with the broiler so we used cake pans for broiling. As compared to other places we stayed, we really missed having a BBQ. On the UPside, we loved the location and grounds. The clothes washer/dryer in the unit came in really handy. Mahalo Richard (and Wilma)
Richard M., Oakland, CA, 1.4.08
- Villa 22 is Well Equiped, clean and comfortable and man what a view!!! A nice partial view of Hanalei Bay and those gorgeous majestic mountains with waterfalls cascading down. Morning rains, pleasant Trade Winds and that sweet smell of Plumerias wafting in the air. We are already planning our next trip. The Luau at Gaylords is No Ka Oi, Try the little brazilian cafe in Hanalei behind Bubbas Burgers (which is also a must I might add). So much to do so little time. Can't wait to return to Kauai..Aloha and Mahalo
Susan H., Parker, AZ, 10.17.07
- I loved the view from the balcony. My room accomodation was poor. No information was provided that we would need to do our own linens and would have no maid service.
Lindsay Y., St. Joseph, IL, 8.14.07
- The unit was fantastic. Tastefully decorated and recently renovated. The ocean view was great as we watched many sunsets from just outside the doors to the lanai.
Sean M., Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 7.23.07
- The only problem with the complex was the pool and Jacuzzi, it was very plain and small. If it were just my wife and I, I would come back, but if I brought the kids, I would have to go somewhere else because they would use the pool quite a lot. But the unit itself was very nice and we had a wonderful time.
Ken H., 5.30.07
- We stayed for the first time at the home. It stayed at Condominium always. This unit has a clean feeling very much. Towels also: with the hotel. It was a new article in similar. Scenery in the mountain was able to be relaxed very much wonderfully though scenery in the sea was seen only for a moment. Again, it is the unit that we wants to visit by all means.
Naganuma Y., Tokyo, Japan, 5.11.07
- Hawaiian Beach Rentals was great ... very helpful! The view was perfect, it was a great place to stay!
Amy F., Charlotte, NC, 5.2.07
- Thanks for the cooler and the great pots and pans for a rental.
Tamara K., 4.23.07
- Hawaiian Beach Rentals offered outstanding customer service and the unit has an absolute pleasure. We will be back to Kauai and hoipe to stay at the Pali Ke Kua's again - what an ocean view!
Matt C., Bellmore, New York, 4.12.07
- Pu'u Poa is a beautiful condo with a fabulous view of the ocean and up to date appliances and decor. It is conveniently located close to Hideaway Beach, the Princeville hotel and the Makai and Prince golf courses. I wish I was still there!
Pamela H., New York, NY, 9.5.06
- The house was a pleasant surprise. Ideally located in such a quiet neighborhood. We took advantage of the lanai in the mornings for coffee and pasteries with the view of the mountains. We just fell in love with the house and hope to book it again for our next trip to Kauai. Many thanks.
Chuck W., San Diego, CA, 8.6.06
- Our time at Mauna Kai was so wonderful. The accomodations were perfect for our party of six. My husband and I so enjoyed our early mornings on the lanai watching the birds in the lovely garden. Our location was excellent for the wonderful beach snorkeling. We enjoyed cooling off in the pool at the end of the day also. Highly recommend.
Rachel D., Des Moines, IA, 7.31.06
- Very beautiful spot, with a great view, all the necessary amenities, spacious and luxurious accomodations!
Ian and Gerladine C., Campbellville, Ontario, 7.23.06
- The unit was great and well equipped. We own a unit at PKK and appreciate the great views and setting . Mahalo, Chris
Chris T., Benicia, CA, 7.4.06
- Amazing place to stay. Though limited on views, have not stayed in a nicer condo or hotel room anywhere. Highest quality furniture made this just like home. Quality construction with tons of marble & granite, AC, woodwork, stainless steel appliances, WiFi and huge lanai. Really a 1st class place.
Patrick K., Chicago, Il, 6.29.06
- This was a beautiful condo! Everything that we could possibly need was provided, coolers, pool toys, irons, and laundry soap! The facilty was gorgeous and well maintained besides being absolutley in the most lush, pristine setting one can imagine. Thank you so much for providing such a wonderful place to stay.
Nadine B., Omaha, Nebraska, 6.26.06
- Great location and property! Very nicely stocked with everything you could want. We look forward to a return visit.
Scott D., Dallas, TX, 3.13.06
- The villa was very comfortable and plenty of space for us. My only complaint was that there was a full trash can in the master bath. I'm sure it was just an oversight on the part of the cleaning service, but a little unsettling none the less.
Debbie L., Houston, TX, 1.6.06
- We loved our stay, particularly the views and location. We were comfortable and happy the entire stay and intend to book the same unit sometime in the near future...
Jody B., Montecito, CA, 7.8.05
- Great unit, great location.
Peter M., Berkeley, CA, 6.27.05