- waipouli vacation reviews
- We stayed for a week and we were so happy with the place.
Thomas K., RUSSELL LEA, NSW, 9.30.19
- The Waipoli Beach Resort exceeded our expectations. The condo was well furnished and exceptionally clean. The facilities (pool area) was superb. The grounds were fantastic. We would recommend this location to anyone
Arthur C. M., 6.2.15
- The condo was an amazing place to stay! We had views you could only wish for and a beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Amy, our agent, was wonderful to work with and made sure we were totally satisfied with our stay. The condo was immaculate and the grounds of Waipouli Resort are lovely. We were able to relax and have the time of our lives! We would highly recommend this unit as well as Hawaiian Beach rentals for your stay in Kauai. We had a wonderful time and are hoping to return in the near future.
Jackie T., Dalton, OH, 9.22.14
- We loved it. The resort was great. No complaints.
Gary S., 5.6.14
- overall disappointed BUT not a reflection on Hawaiian Beach Rental agents as they were fantastic! This 'luxury' condo is located on a rocky beach which is not safe for swimming unless you are planning to stay on the beach and get splashed by the waves. Unfortunately, it is also not good for walking as the beach is short and the connecting properties are dirty with garbage and I would say building material from construction. Forget about long walks on the beach. the unit has beautiful views - can't beat it. disappointed and somewhat annoyed that there were signs on most cabinets telling you how to use towels, what to do and not to do. i.e.: if you do too many loads of laundry they will charge you extra fees - WHAT??? and what made my blood boil is that they have a policy that you should wash the towels you used the night before for the next guests. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so with this policy in place, I know why I had the issue I had. see below: 1. I killed about 10 bugs in the first 3 days. always around our food and the sink 2. they have a note saying 'don't wipe dirty shoes and feet on towels' (to me this is common sense) but all the towels were stained. 3. our sheets had blood stains 4. radio in the room was broken 5. non-stick pans were all scratched 6. screen broken so, i ended up doing laundry of all the sheets and cases so we could sleep the first night. the cleaning lady (charge $150 mandatory in all bookings) was contacted and she got us new sheets, new pans, a new radio and fixed the screen - fantastic!!! catch is she put the brand new sheets from Costco on our beds without washing them first. (who does this?) so I did another load of laundry on my vacation so that we could sleep in clean beds. the icing on the cake was when the last night at around 11 am, there was a knock at the door. the nice man who was to be taking over the condo was wondering if I was cleaning the condo for them to come in. YES- THEY DOUBLE BOOKED! We offered to move out that night if they refunded us and after about 1.5 hours of waiting for them property manager to make a decision, they said they wouldn't pay for us to leave for the night. so pay would mean that they wouldn't take the fee we paid for the 7 nights and just split it evenly as they argued that we were not entitled to a portion of the refund for the set fees. difference was $60!!!!! so they inconvenienced the other family and found them a place (not sure where) for $60 when we were more than willing to go to our next destination. so - be prepared for stained sheets and towels as the previous company staying at the unit will have done the laundry for the cleaning service and the beach sucks!
Elmira S., 3.19.14
- I am very particular about the accommodations I consider worthy of a 5 star and this condo was beyond our expectations. The condo is very nicely appointed with high end appliances and furniture. The grounds are beautiful, well maintained and clean. The restaurant on the resort is excellent. We can't wait to come back again!
Susie T., 1.28.14
- The unit was very well appointed , clean, and convenient . Great view from room. Complex has great restaurant ,fitness facilities and pool. It is across from shopping which can be walked too. Also since in middle of island makes exploring much easier.
Robert M., 1.21.14
- Our stay was at Waipouli Beach Resort in unit G404. The unit itself was terrific. It was clean and well maintained. The furnishings were comfortable, of good quality and in great shape. The kitchen was well supplied. The view was an unobstructed ocean scene which is hard to beat. Personally, we would rent this unit again for future visits to Kauai. Dealing with Hawaiian Beach Rentals was excellent. The communication and response to any questions was clear and immediate. The only negative to me was that there was no barbecue for each unit, but was in a community shared area.
Kelly C., 1.5.14
- I personally like to "Thank you ". It was our first time to staying at a condo instead of a hotel. Before arriving we received all of the instructions how to get in our condo. The instructions were very clear and simple. The minute we opened the door to our condo we were impressed at how nice it was and were also impressed at how everything looked. It is 100 % better than the picture we saw on the internet. There were all new appliances, clean bedrooms, bathrooms and comfortable beds. And everything was set for a comfortable (awesome) vacation. Kitchen was fully stocked and everything was in excellent condition. Waipouli Beach Resort has a beautiful beach, pool area and several hot tub areas. We had a pleasant time in Kauai and also renting property from Vacation Rental was an excellent experience for us. Thank you for making our vacation plesant.
Olena B., 11.11.13
- Beautiful! perfect for the family. Well stocked.
Christine M., 10.27.13
- Great condo and resort! Top end quality for our condo and the resort. Condo was spacious and well equipped. Read the kitchen was lacking but it had many appliances and plenty of cooking, eating, and dishware. Nice to have the washer/dryer. Beautiful grounds. Kids loved the pool. Good customer service. A/C went out on 4th day(blown compressor). The property manager had them come in next morning. Offered to refund some of our cost. Things happen. Fans helped. Will come back here again no doubt. Love Kauai. Oh yea. Very quiet complex. Lots of families. Ocean a few steps away from condo. Go!!!!
Silvia L., 8.27.13
- We had an incredible time and the place was fantastic. We will book with you folks again. No issues what so ever.
Brad W., 7.14.13
- Our stay at A404 was wonderful and everything we expected. For parents of 2 young boys (turning 2 and 3), it was a great condo layout with plenty of bathrooms when multiple people need the potty! We would have given a perfect 5 star rating had the following been met: 1) consistent wifi connection - the wifi was great when it worked, however, we would need to switch between the resorts free 24-hour wifi (which required going through another connection and an online agreement) and the router in the condo every 24-hours. Being from the Bay Area, we are heavy wifi users - both of our kids have ipads and ipods, my husband and I have 2 laptops, 2 iphones, a total of 8 devices, of which 4 required connection at once. 2) Brita water pitcher - this is more of a "nice to have" - since the fridge does not provide filtered water, or ice cubes, we were left to buy water. All in all, this was such a lovely unit, with a gourmet kitchen and utensils which made it so easy for cooking meals, and cleaning dishes! The ocean views were amazing, seeing the sunrise, and listening to the ocean made for a relaxing time. We also appreciated the location of this resort, as its right across the street from Safeway, Starbucks and other eateries. The customer service was professional and responsive. One of the patio door locks fell off and the screen from the screen door came off - someone came over and fixed them all while we were out touring the island. We also LOVED the keyless entry to the unit....there's no key to lose when out at the pool or beach!! This is a wonderful feature!! I would highly recommend staying here and would be happy to come back again. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Gina K., 4.30.13
- Really great condo... great value for money. Clean, well maintained and excellent location. Safeway across the street so very convenient. Pool and hot tubs were awesome! Very comfortable beds. Large kitchen with high end appliances. Only complaints are that the kitchen needs a good knife and another larger cutting board. Otherwise, it was perfect and we'd definitely stay there again.
Jane H., 3.4.13
- Very good condo. As advertised. Great views. Wonderful amenities inside and out of the room. Would stay here again next visit to Kauai. Great location in Kapaa across the street from Safeway and other shopping including the islands best ice cream store. All arrangements for rental were handled professionally. Rental was clean and will stocked. Bedroom pillows could be better if I had to gripe about anything. Highly recommended nonetheless.
Naeem H., 3.4.13
- The room was great - as usual! Our ONLY complaint is that we could NOT get ahold of our rental agent. We left voice mails messages and emails and NEVER heard back from her! This was not our first stay at Waipouli - nor our last - but will be our last time renting from this agency.
Bobbie C., 11.27.12
- We stayed for the second time in Waipouli Condo A-404 and again had a great time there. The unit is everything that we had hoped, clean, comfortable and well equiped. Our booking agent looked after our needs in an exemplary fashion. A-404 is a premier place to spend a vacation and we would highly recommend it to all.
Pearl C., Gibbons, AB, 11.6.12
- Really great place. Clean, well apportioned, roomy, almost everything you could want! Definitely delivered on what the advertising depicted. To elevate to 5 stars, please look at the following: - Our experience at the restaurant was terrible. After being seated, no one even looked our direction for 20 minutes, even after holding our hand up and saying 'excuse me' to get someone's attention. What's worse, there were only 9 other customers there. Got up to leave and a sarcastic young lady followed us down the sidewalk asking what our problem was. - A bar or poolside place to get snacks, hot dogs, or cocktails would be a better use of that space. - Not enough reusables for our 9 day stay. Would have appreciated more paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc. - Beach was OK.. but raking it, and adding a couple more lounge chairs would have been great.
Gene M., 6.12.12
- Building and facility very nice! Condo did not have what I would consider to be basic supplies like for instance no pepper and only 1 small package of coffee. We had to but alot of the basics to use the kitchen.
Kelly Z., Surrey, BC, 3.18.12
- We loved our condo!!! Great accomadations and good location on the island! We would come back here!!
Sarah L., Barberton, OH, 3.14.12
- The condo and facility was great. The kitchen was fully equipped so easy to cook. The view was spectacular. The restaurant at the resort needs some work but there are several choices nearby. We were all happy with the condo and would say it was a wonderful experience.
Deb D., Bainbridge Island, WA, 1.1.12
- We loved the condo, the view, the quietness, and the location near a grocery store. We would recommend this unit to everyone we know.
Terry T., Dunwoody, GA, 11.22.11
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful condo. The location was great, and the condo was beautiful. Great view of the sunrise from the bedroom and living room!
Jodi S., Frisco, TX, 9.24.11
- OUr unit was very clean and modern. Beautiful kitchen with granite counter tops. THe bathrooms were large and having double sinks was another bonus! Our unit was spacious and very comfortable. I would recommend the Waipouli Luxury Condo to all my friends. It will definitely be a place my family and I will return to again.
Tony D., Terrace, B.C., 3.28.11
- The condo was more than we could have imagined - absolutely amazing! The view was spectacular. Being in Kauai was great but having a gorgeous place to stay was the best part of our trip. Thank you!
Mindy F., Bellingham, WA, 2.1.11
- Our particular unit was beautiful, the ocean view gorgeous, the staff accommodating when needed and most importantly, the resort was so close to immediate needs.......... grocery market, drug store, small cafes, shoppes and banks. The restaurant reopened while we were there--and is sure to be a hit. The resort is located such that with a 30-minute drive in either direction, visitors have a completely different tourist experience. Only concern--prepare for the 10 a.m. checkout--it is a bit early. All our guests said our condo was the best--the most beautifully appointed-- and on the fourth floor, the best located!!
Carolee M., Denton, TX, 2.18.10
- don't let the drive up to the resort fool you once inside we never heard traffic on the hwy you wouldn't even know it was there the views in this condo were unbelievable! to have the ocean lull you to sleep every evening was wonderful . the pictures you see on the internet site are honest .the resort was very nice we have stayed at the Hyatt every year (on Poipu) since it opened, so we didn't know what to expect of our first condo experience. It was nice to have a kitchen , living room , bedroom all with oceanfront views. If i could compare it I would say the pool, design of the buildings, were very reminisent of the Hyatt on a much smaller scale. We had drinks (Mai Tais) upon our arrival down by the pool ( the hostess at the beach house said they were the absolute best) and she was right thank you Jason! our favorite place to eat turned out to be the Lemongrass grill !what a wonderful menu and the food was a 10+the ahi with the passion fruit aioli sauce was unbelievable! (catch of the day) service was 10+. We booked our trip thru Hawaiian vacation rentals the staff was nice (sheila) and very helpful. we look forward to staying in this unit next year "good by Hyatt hello Waipouli G404!see you next year!
Lorraine T., Newbury park, California, 9.17.09
- The only "less than excellent" rating is regarding the sofa bed. It is impossible to sleep on even with the added mattress pad. A blow-up bed would be more comfortable or the unit should be advertised as one bed. The rest of the unit was beautiful, well appointed and maintained and the housekeeper was very helpuful and gracious.
Patricia C., Anchorage, Alaska, 7.19.09
- The unit was beautiful, and well furnished. I didn't like the shower heads. Unfortunately the unit also had ants in the kitchen. The pool was great. When we checked in the unit had not been cleaned. After talking with Cyrilla@ Remax, (who wasn't very friendly) she arranged cleaning. It was several hours before we were able to access the unit. I would recommend the Waipouli Beach Resort.
Lenita A., Los Angeles, CA, 8.5.08
- Waipouli Beach Resort C105 was the best place I have EVER stayed in. All the room accommodations were high grade quality. We went to Kauai for a baseball tournament and the large bathtubs were excellent for soaking after a long game. The pool was amazing with the waterfalls and slides along with the food at the bar/grill. We would definitely return and tell all our friends about this place.
Lisa O., Ewa Beach, Hawaii, 7.28.08
- We loved the unit. The view was gorgeous! It was beautiful and laid out nicely. My only complaint is that the two bedrooms did not have ceiling fans in them. It was much too hot to leave the windows open and hear the waves. Having the washer and dryer in the unit was very convenient. We would be glad to stay there again on our next trip to Kauai. Thank you very much!
Cheryl B., Thousand Oaks, CA, 7.26.08
- Then unit was nice with nice upgrades that made it feel cozy. However the dishwasher did not work...I had to call 4 or 5 times to get it fixed. The first time was at 2:30 In the morning because it would not shut off and we could not find the circuit breaker (was hidden behind a mirror). When I called the remax lady she was obviously not happy with me on the phone. So one of the nicest ammenities, the dishwasher, we did not get to enjoy. We also went through about 4 different key cards....VERY FRUSTRATING!!!! THe pool was very nice, however I would of though that being a resort they would have music to enjoy outside while swimming. Overall we enjoyed our stay.
Lori V., Littleton, Colorado, 6.26.08
- the only issue is that unit C105 had a differnt name as the guests, it was under Weinstein vs. Boche, so there were questions when we tried to check in, they took care of us, but I dont understand how that name was on the books when Boche is who paid for the unit. The property was great! Amy Boche
Amy B., Edina, MN, 2.11.08
- A beautiful unit and resort! We were pleased to find that there were actually 2 "master" suites, as well as a "guest" bathroom. Everything in the unit was high quality, which, along with the well-stocked (appliance, dishes, etc.) kitchen, made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. My son had a great time on the water slides at the pool, which was laid out very nicely, so as not to cluster everyone in a single area. The Smith's Luau remains the best - best food, best show! All in all, a great trip to Kauai, at a beautiful resort!
MIKE F., Newark, Ohio, 6.28.07
- Loved: 1. Unit size and quality 2. View all ocean--fantastic 3. Access--to room, pool and beach 4. Facilities--pool, parking, lighting all good 5. Proximity to Kapaa Suggestions: 1. Curtains on the windows. There is no privacy. 2. Problems with keys very difficult to correct. Front desk not helpful at all. 3. Let people know that ocean is not really swimmable. Wouldn't have altered my decision because beach is so good.
Rodney R., Salt Lake City, Utah, 5.16.07