- Kauai vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 378
Kauai vacation reviews
- Wonderful experience. Beautiful home with bright gorgeous vistas. Snorkeling right off the deck.. great location. Can't wait to stay again!
James K., Bakersfield, CA, 6.9.19
- A lovely and spacious condo that easily provided the space and bathrooms we four ladies needed to enjoy our vacation. The condo was very clean and provided most everything needed for our comfort. We did have an unfortunate problem with the MB toilet hose coming loose and we could not find the shut off valve. Happened at 610 am and we finally got the property manager to tell us to look in broom closet for shut off. Very unusual location and a system I had never seen before! 24 hours later, it was repaired and we had no further issues. We did enjoy our stay and would recommend this unit. It has a lovely pool steps from the door and you are only a half mile from Poipu Beach! Lots to see and do nearby.
Donna D., Buckeye, AZ, 5.14.19
- The location re: proximity to Moloa'a beach was lovely, and the reason we chose this rental. The cottage was very clean and the housekeeping person extremely helpful in terms of gong the extra mile.
- This is the 4th place we have tried on Moloa'a Bay, and, while the most expensive, was the least comfortable. (Eg-mattress in main bedroom beyond firm to lumpy and hard, no real sofa only sunken wicker furntiture indoor and not even a reclining lounger outdoor.) The kitchen missed certain items like a whick, cooking tray, etc.
- We had contact from at least 3 agents at ReMax once we booked, so I did not feel carried through the process by that office.
Zosime C., Oakland, CA, 5.12.19
- Always a pleasure to stay at Kapa'a Sands. But we had problems with Unite #6 on arrival April 12: phone did not work; safe did not lock; TV remote did not work. Drawing attention to these problems brought quick, courteous, and effective response from Vacation Rental Agent. Other than these problems the unit was clean and well-supplied. However, needs now to supply a new corkscrew!
Kal H., Vancouver, BC, 4.20.19
- Pu'u Pao #302 was simply beautiful and we were thrilled with the complete remodel vs the pictures that were on line! I have rented in the complex before and this was a first time in unit #302. I will rent this unit again for my visit in May if it's available!
- It was spotless! I have taken pictures and sent them to my sister's who also travel extensively....Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Marta S., San Clemente, CA, 3.7.19
- The reason that this did not receive a five star rating was not due to the house, as it was a beautiful house that needs a severe cleaning and maintenance (replacing burned out light bulbs, and cleaning the light fixtures) with a fantastic location! It was the customer service starting with the fact that we were sent the wrong check-in information, we were sent the information for a condo that we rented two years ago and we received this information the day that we flew out. The subject information in the email was correct, but the address was incorrect and probably our fault that we didn't totally read the email, just printed it and out the door we went. Thankfully we decided around 1:30 PM Kauai time to do a drive by the address that was sent to us before we could check-in, that was when we discovered everything was screwed up. We got a hold of the person that sent us the wrong information and requested that she please give us the correct information and that we were having problems with receiving our emails and we had requested several time to PLEASE phone us DO NOT email. She finally did give us the correct address, but no code for the lock box. She said that she had to pull up that information and would return our phone call shortly. We had lunch and didn't hear back from her and this was 3:00 PM. We tried several times to phone her directly and discovered that we were phoning a Memphis, TN number, no wonder she didn't answer, she had gone home for the day! We phone the main number again and talked to someone else and thankfully she was very helpful and got in touch with the manager and told him of our situation. I had asked her to have him phone us and give us the code, please DO NOT send an email. Finally by 5:00 PM he phoned and gave us an apology and a lock box code number. We would love to book this rental again and it has been the best place that we have stayed in on Kauai for the location to the beach, shopping centers and dining.
Mari M., 12.6.18
- We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and chose this rental so we could fall asleep to the sound of the waves. We did! While we found the living area furniture not very comfy, this was the only negative. We used the concierge service to book dinner reservations and excursions for us. They were quick to respond and the recommendations we received were appreciated. We would return as we love Moloa'a Bay because of the quiet and tranquility there.
Paul G., Vacavo;;e, CA, 11.27.18
- Overall the quality of the condo is good, with the furniture being very nice. We were disappointed in that the garbage disposal did not work, the 2nd bedroom TV seemed to be only capable of playing DVD's, there was not a TV in the master bedroom and the water heater was only capable of providing water just warm enough to shower when the tap turned to full hot. We called the rental company for assistance, only to receive an answering machine, even though during business hours, left a voice mail and did not receive a return call. Overall satisfaction due to the above conditions would be a 6 of 10. The view from the condo was great and you don't go to Hawaii to watch TV but it would be nice to have hot water and a working garbage disposal. I also change out three burned out light bulbs, thank goodness there were spares in the cupboard. Day to day maintenance needs improvement.
John M., HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, 11.21.18
- It was great we loved it! The rental was clean, the sounds of the waves was amazing and snorkeling beach 2 minute walk! We would definitely stay again and recommend it.
Lauren L., 10.22.18
Lauren H., Ballwin, MO, 10.22.18
- After waiting 10 months to enjoy this rental we were very disappointed. A lot of my comments have to do with our personal preferences so naturally what didn't work for us might be just fine for someone else. We were not expecting the intense heat in this house. The fans were not operational and it took two days for the management company to get someone to the house to fix the overhead fan in the master bedroom. It really did no good as it was now suck in Typhoon Mode and all it did was blow very hot air. We went out and purchased batteries for all the remotes which don't work and there are no wall controls. Even with windows, blinds and doors closed during the day, the home has a western face so you get blasted with the afternoon sun. We had 5 floor fans going at all times to try to circulate air but it really was worthless. Outdoors in the morning were wonderful as the views are spectacular. Evenings, we couldn't sit outside because of the mosquitos. The master bedroom has a siding door and window and we just left all the sliding doors open at night to try to cool the house. My son-in-law was very concerned for safety but we found the neighborhood quiet and very safe and very enjoyable. The second bedroom has very little circulation and the 3rd bedroom, you really bake as the window doesn't open and is nothing but a huge glass plate in which to heat up the room. We were all miserable. The home says one level but it's not. Each room has a step down or step up. Coming in from the garage there are two steps and a great way to lose groceries. There is a ramp from the entry door down to the dining level and then you step down into the living area. This was extremely hazardous with a 13 month old. Grandma here took a nosedive as I forgot about the step down from the bathroom into the master bedroom late one night in the dark. Oh, and the bathroom doesn't have a door so if you like privacy, forget this house. My husband rigged a shower rod and curtain through the door frame. We ended up moving over to the Plantation Condominiums and shared a two bedroom for the duration of our stay and enjoyed it very much. We were told we could use the pool at the Makai Golf Course for a fee. For 150.00 per person, not 15.00 per day which is what I was quoted when I made the reservation. We actually would have paid it but they don't allow children under 18. Another item we weren't told about. This home is managed by Remax Kauai and they were very good with their communications and when a home opened we were allowed to move to an A/C condo and even though it was smaller, worked well for us. We now had a pool for the grandbaby and family. This home was very well equipped, great appliances, housewares, lots of spices which was a pleasant surprise, lots of beach toys, beach towels, beach chairs as we used all of these items every day when we went over to Anini Beach to get out of the heat. It was very clean upon our arrival and were very happy with the amount of good quality towels. They even had bikes to use but the tires were flat and no pump. The house is lovely, it just didn't work for a family with a baby as everything is tile and too many steps to watch out for all of us. I would suggest this for a family with older kids, not babies and naturally heat is subjective but we were all miserable.
Cyndi B., Grass valley, CA, 10.13.18
- The home in Moloa's Bay was amazing. The view and location was spectacular. The home was very nice inside, the kitchen was beautiful and well stocked. There are several fans and most of the time we did not need the AC. Wonderful breeze and sounds from the ocean. Great snorkeling right at the beach. We did not want to leave. We would 100% recommend a stay here and we look forward to coming back.
Beverly B., Laguna Beach, CA, 8.19.18
- The cottage was convenient to the beach. The road was dirt. Many large ruts, due to the rain. The fans were adequate. I think that due to all the heavy rains, the humidity was heavy. The chirping geckos were great fun to listen to while watching tv. It's an older cottage, but cute Hawaiian decor. Well stocked with supplies. I would recommend it.
Susan N., Camarillo, CA, 8.6.18
- 113 Whalers Cove is a modest, bottom floor unit in the middle of the second building. The unit was clean and stocked as advertised when we arrived. The furnishings are varied with some being relatively current and others being dated. The kitchen was average - nothing fancy - but functional. We had a couple of hiccups during our stay and the maintenance company was very polite and sympathetic but not very effective. (Most notably, the TV in the master bedroom worked intermittently. The maintenance gentleman visited to repair it (and other items) twice during our visit but it continued to malfunction. The day before we left they finally chose to replace it. They should have done that after the first repair didn't work rather than waiting until the end of our rental time.) The biggest problem I have with unit 113 is the lack of air conditioning & location. The back part is on the ground floor and opens onto the beautiful lawn but the front (facing the parking lot) is mostly underground and only has small windows. There was little breeze that low and the unit was stifling in the middle of the day. The management company representative "strongly recommended" that we not sleep with any doors ajar to allow for a breeze at night due to safety concerns. On the third night we decided to throw caution to the wind and slept with the lanai doors open and screen door closed, pulling chairs in front to block any intruders from walking into the unit. We survived the night and that helped a bit as there was a small breeze all night. I would not rent this unit again for this reason alone. I would consider an upstairs Whalers Cove unit (with a better breeze and doors that could safely be left open) or another property with A/C. The owner of the unit really should consider installing A/C at least in the bedrooms given the lack of ventilation. The Whalers Cover property is super-nice. The grounds are well manicured with gorgeous flowers, the pool is very nice and the view of the ocean spectacular! (note - despite what anyone tells you there is NO beach access from the property; you can walk back thru another neighborhood to get to the nearest beach but there's no way it's a "5 minute walk" as I was told. It's better to drive to a nice beach.)
Keith R., Fayetteville, GA, 6.2.18
- Second time renting this and we love it and will return. My concern this trip was that we didn't get until after 3:30, the exhaust fan in the one bedroom didn't work we would love to see corrected. We will definitely be back to stay again. It is an alsolutly beautiful house and beautiful house.
Mindy B., Valencia, CA, 5.25.18
- very happy with our accommodations, great condo, great view, great weather, excellent location
Philip F., Destin, FL, 5.20.18
Katherine B., 5.7.18
- The overall quality of the "Hale Ohana - 5BR Home Poipu." This is a beautiful home in a very unique and special location. The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Good customer service. The condition and cleanliness of the rental. House was very clean when we arrived. Your overall satisfaction with your rental. We were very satisfied with the rental. What would make this an outstanding rental is better kitchen equipment. The knives are terrible, there aren't any real skillets, and no baking sheets. Cooking at the house wasn't enjoyable because of the quality of the equipment. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Yes and yes. What was the best part of your trip? As far as the house is concerned, the location is truly special. Anything else you would like to share with others. I recommend providing bins to help with recycling. It would be easier to recycle if there were bins for glass, metal, paper, etc (and of course, renter still brings to recycling center).
Karla R., San Francisco, CA, 4.18.18
- Magnificent Home - we stayed in the Hale Ma'ana Hou for 12 days. The oceanfront view of this home is spectacular. This is an older home but has been very well maintained. We would definitely book this rental home again and recommend it to our family and friends.
Kari D., Coolin, ID, 4.9.18
- The main house is exceptional - fantastic waterfront with very nicely appointed furniture, deck, kitchen and bedrooms. My mother advised me that the 2 bed bedroom had a little trouble getting a hot shower. The detached villa house is dated and in need of a renovation - flooring, and washroom. Otherwise it is very nice. Thanks for your rental and Hawaiian hospitality. Dean Slater
Dean S., Calgary, AB, 3.22.18
- We really liked the hale Moana. There was only two of us so it was perfect size. It was clean. We would rent it again.
Terry L., Riverton, UT, 1.22.18
- We were happy in our stay at Makai A3. It was very clean and had everything we would need for our stay. The only things that need work on is the front door, freezer handle and the dryer. The front door wouldn't close or lock. The first night we were at the condo we had to prop a chair behind the front door so it wouldn't open up (it wouldn't lock either). Also, the handle for the freezer kept coming off. Both items we told the property manager about. He came out the 2nd day we were there to check on the door and he thought he'd fixed it but the last night we were there, we had trouble keeping the door closed. Also, the dryer wouldn't dry out clothes. We kept turning it on to dry the towels. We finally hung our towels outside on the deck to dry.
Debora R., 9.20.17
- Our family loved our time at Hale Nalu. It was perfect for our needs and matched what we saw on-line. The location is beautiful - we loved the sound of the waves and the trade winds blowing through the house. The proximity to Baby Beach was perfect - and it provided recreation for our nine-month old grandson as well as our adult children. The rental was spotless when we arrived. The kitchen was adequately equipped. We really appreciated the 4 beach chairs and other beach equipment. The location was great for getting to other activities on the island. We would love to stay another time. All of our kids have talked about missing the sound of the waves and the early mornings on the lanai.
Tim K., Cary, NC, 7.25.17
- We had a very pleasant stay at the Regency and would gladly stay there again on a return visit. The accommodations were very comfortable and the location was very convenient. The children loved the pool. The setting was beautiful. Thanks
Mary E., Shelton, WA, 10.15.16
- Our stay was basically perfect. Hokulani is very well equipped, particularly the kitchen. The location is quite private and the views are really great. The check in and check out procedures are clear and overall the property is very easy to recommend!
Chris M., 10.14.16
- The view is incredible I rate that a 5+, When we arrived my instructions said the house would be open it was not and I couldn't get the property mgr to call me back and He DID NOT call me back or show up to help we broke in the house and called the reservation office and let them know what was going on and they tried to call the property mgr also with no results But the rest of the house is dated, smells of mildew , The towels smelt of mildew so bad we could barely stand to use them We bought some bleach and wiped the counters down and bleached the sink drains because they smelt awful. The house has ants we lost some food because of the ants. And roaches oh my they were everywhere running around on the ceiling at night.My kids where freaking out affraid they were going to get on them while they slept And the washer was leaking , the screen doors were torn and some of them did not close correctly. The house needs major maintenance and I would suggest white towels so they can be bleached. There is NOOO A/C and the fans are weak and slow. I did not complain about this to anyone but the house keeper at the end of my stay because I did not want to have to smell bug spray. Again the view and location are awesome I would not book this home again, for the price we paid it should not have had all these issues.
Mark A J., Millington, TN, 7.25.16
- The Hale Lani home is exceptional; beautiful, spacious, and has absolutely everything you would need for a fabulous vacation. There were a few nuts and bolts issues that were relayed to the property management people - nothing earth-shattering. The one really negative issue was heavy construction (bolder cracking and rock crushing just on the other side of the fairway from us; from 0730 to 1730 Mon. thru Thurs. (and once on Friday). To me, that is critical information that should be shared with the Renter in advance. With our Marriott Timeshare, information like that flashes on the screen prior to making a reservation. Also, the gentleman who mowed the greens on the golf course did so at 0445 each morning.....normally not an issue, but in Poipu you leave the windows open at night so the Trades give natural air conditioning. I would definitely recommend this house to a friend, but not until all the condo's on the other side of the fairway are completed.
Vic F., Benicia, CA, 7.3.16
- This home is amazing. There is nothing that could have made our stay any better. The views are magnificent. The pool is fabulous. It had everything and more, I will definitely be back.
Stacey R., Keizer, OR, 6.28.16
- Hated it. The hot water heater alarm went off intermittently throughout our stay including the wee hours of the morning. My girlfriend who was supposed to stay with me in that room off the main floor left and went to the Hyatt. My calls and requests for help went unreturned.
Ellen L., Healdsburg, CA, 4.5.16
- Jennie Graz did a great job. The house was perfect. This was the best family vacation we have had. I would book again again and again. Thank you
Robert P., Minneapolis, MN, 4.4.16
- The Home itself was fine. They need a new coffee maker though. Also it would be fair to warn people that there are barking dogs in the neighborhood that bark all night. It was very annoying. The agent that booked me didn't say anything about that. She should have done her home work and told me about this. Also, when I arrived at the home, I had the incorrect instructions as to get into the home. This was not appreciated. There was no phone service, so I had to drive to get phone service and call the emergency number and get instructions to get into the home. Not cool!
Lori F., Bountiful, UT, 3.30.16
- When we entered we were met by the most stunning view out onto the garden and ocean. Every morning would wake up, see it again and again be gob smacked. The property was excellent. Only shortcoming was the lack of a third bathroom (although there is a third powder room/toilet). We spent many enjoyable hours in the large family/living room - stunning views. Kitchen was large, seating for eight, and well equiped. The pool and rear garden were where family spent most time. Small problem of empty BBQ gas bottle was quickly solved by Frank (thanks Mate!). Pool, garden and surrounds were unobtrusively maintained during our ten day stay. Easy walking to numerous great restaurants, shops and 'touristy' locations. I would NOT recommend it, because I don't everybody booking the times I want to come back !! My Thanks to Darla Hood for the fantastic assistance getting the booking arranged.
David H., Sandringham, VIC, 3.28.16
- This was one of the best vacations our family has ever been on!!!! The house was perfect and I would not change anything. It was everything that we expected and more. There was a problem with the barbeque but someone was sent out right away and the problem was resolved. That was the only thing in the week that we were there that was not perfect. I would recommend this home to anyone and hopefully there will be a time when we can go back and stay again.
Judith P., Cypress, CA, 3.27.16
- Ka Hale Kaiola was as shown in the pictures- beautiful, clean and with incredible views and beach access. Unfortunately the noise fr the YMCA is a deal breaker. While the sounds of children playing is okay, the sound system/loud speaker is over the top. The man running the camp for the 3 day weekend talked constantly over the intercom. The Sat and Sunday night music and screaming was unbelievable. My agent said he'd never had anyone complain- hard to believe.
Hans K., Boulder, CO, 2.21.16
- We stayed here the first week of Feb. 2016. We were there with our 3 adult children (all over 30 yrs.) and our 2 1/2 year old grandson. It was one of our best vacations ever. We have always stayed in hotels when visiting Hawaii and found renting a house much more relaxing. The customer service was great and the property was very clean. The hot tub lost power on Super Bowl Sun. and we called property management that day. They had someone there on Mon. to fix it. We will definitely stay there again. Being right on the beach was so perfect when you have a toddler. Each bedroom is very private and the living spaces comfortable and roomy. We did a lot of cooking which is nice w/ a small child and there are great restaurants a short drive away in Hanalei.
Patricia H., Santa Ynez, CA, 2.14.16
- This condo was nice to stay in. It was clean. A little disappointed the grill they have is 200 feet down the steep trail at the beach. So you need to carry all your charcoal and food and supplies down. Had a great time in Kauai.
Lorrie S., Dougherty, IA, 2.2.16
- This was a lovely, spacious, well-equipped house, with a private pool, nice garden, double garage, in a pleasant neighbourhood, handily located for Beaches, shops, restaurants and services. It could have been perfect, but the house next door but one was having roof replacement and excavation for a pool. This resulted in non-stop very disturbing noise throughout weekdays. The sound of jackhammers, nail guns and other power tools could not be escaped, even indoors. Not a pleasant vacation experience, especially with a two-year-old needing afternoon naps. I would not expect the house to be rented out in these circumstances, but perhaps the owners were unaware. Of much less importance, but a little disappointing, were finding on arrival that the drier still had linen in it, the dishwasher contained glasses with dried-on orange juice and plates with dried-on spinach (we could only guess what these were, but we had to re-wash most by hand in any event). The waste-basket in the master-bedroom toilet had not been emptied, and contained used tissues, etc. One of the sink taps could turn but not turn on water, and in the bathroom by the garage, part of the toilet seat was broken. Loose pebbles around the pool were a hazard for bare feet. These minor problems should be easily fixed, to provide a 5-star experience. Although Garden Island Rentals advertised availability at particular hours on weekends, they were not in the Koloa Office at 1030 Saturday, nor answering their telephone or returning calls on Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps the long weekend for Martin Luther King day affected this availability - we left on the Monday. The booking agent service was excellent, except for not knowing about the building site.
Brian H., Bowral, NSW, 1.19.16
- The condo was wonderful. Very clean, very well equipped, very beautiful view of the ocean. We would definitely rent this condo again. I also was very impressed with the customer service I received from the booking agent.
Leslie C., Portland, OR, 1.19.16
- Beautiful house. Excellent location. Perfect place for a family to stay. I highly recommend.
Amy W., Toronto, ON, 1.4.16
- Can't imagine a more wonderful location or accommodation. Amenities are bountiful. We felt totally alone, only the natural sounds of the sea and the wind. A more perfect stay is doubtful . We will return to Puu Poa 305. Cheri and Denny Clow, San Antonio, TX
Dennis C., San Antonio, TX, 12.4.15
- Can't recommend this place high enough. It was incredible. Feels like you're on a private beach. Views are amazing from every room and the staff was outstanding. Will definitely stay here again!
Kristin D., Richland, WA, 10.30.15
- We were satisfied with the service we received booking this condo. The property is in an exceptional location - right on the ocean, magnificent views at sunset, walking distance to great shops and places to eat, parking was easy, and the pool was nice (basic) and not very crowded. The condo has massive rooms and a terrific layout, which worked really well for our family of 4. Unfortunately it is quite "tired" and needs some money spent on it, eg. furniture had holes in the wicker, some of the settings on the oven didn't work, the laundry door kept falling off, the drawers and wardrobe doors in the second bedroom were very difficult to open, there was inadequate storage for clothes in the master WIR, etc. Our main concern was the sliding fly screens that lead to the patio - they kept falling off their runners, they didn't close properly and the wire had holes in it. This resulted in mosquitos filling the condo at dusk, or keeping the glass doors closed and expiring (there is no air conditioning). When we left a message for the local agent about the problems, they did not return our call. After emailing them, they sent a maintenance man on the second last day of our stay and as far as I can tell, he did not repair anything! This was frustrating and disappointing, and affected our overall satisfaction with the condo. The condo was very clean. I would stay at Whalers Cove agin, but not in this condo (unless it receives an upgrade). We absolutely loved Kauai - highlights were trekking in the canyon, taking a boat trip along the Na Pali coast, and snorkelling at so many of the beaches. We highly recommend this beautiful island!
Jodie L., Hawthorn, VIC, 10.5.15
- The place was very clean. The best views of the coast imaginable. It was extreamly hot and there was no relief until we left in our rental car. We had locked ourselves out of the room with all cell phones and rental emergency contact info locked inside, as we only literally stepped outside. BIG MISTAKE!! Not only did we not have any phone numbers to call but had to inconvenience our neighbors for well over an hour as they helped us research who we needed to contact. And when we finally made contact. Nobody could be reached so don't bother contacting the emergency number listed as they apparently only work mon thru fri 9-5. And A locksmith is impossible to find.
Billy N., Cobb, CA, 8.3.15
- Overall exceptional house and location. Beautifully furnished and fully fitted with appropriate dishes, utensils and glassware. Clean and well looked after. Only issue was Internet . It was offline more than on. Had to unplug and restart router / modem multiple times daily. Needs to be looked at.
David S., Mosman, NSW, 7.31.15
- This was an amazing home! The view is spectacular and my family did not want to leave! We hope to be able to return someday soon! I would highly recommend this!
Lisa K., Fresno, CA, 7.10.15
- Hale Moana was BEAUTIFUL! You can't beat the view. Our booking agent Jamie was very helpful in setting up our stay. The 2 bedroom 2 bath was perfect for our family and the home has plenty of room not to mention the beautiful lanai. We would love to visit again and would definitely recommend this place. Mahalo!
Jean K., Fresno, CA, 7.9.15
- I have rented homes all over the world and there are not enough words to describe why this was the BEST! Customer service, cleanliness, comfort, etc!! JD was amazing as well as the greeters at the house. The wifi could use a boost and better lighting in bathrooms but I am really stretching to make suggestions!!
Rosemary B., Gainsville, GA, 6.21.15
- The Hawailian Hiibiscus Home is terrific. The house is clean and beautiful. I love this house and so did my children and granddaughters. The service from the booking agent was great. I would recommend this rental to both family and friends. I loved everthing about this trip. The people are friendly- Captain Andy's dinner cruise was great, the, the Helicopter ride was beautiful, we enjoyed everything we did and we all hope to go again someday.
Linda S., Riverton, WY, 6.9.15
- The Waipoli Beach Resort exceeded our expectations. The condo was well furnished and exceptionally clean. The facilities (pool area) was superb. The grounds were fantastic. We would recommend this location to anyone
Arthur C. M., 6.2.15
- The Hawaiian Hibiscus home is well maintained and is ideally located within the Kiahuna Golf Village, a subdivision of quality homes in Poipu. The layout is perfect for a multi generational family such as ours, but would work just as well for two families. The booking was convenient and all terms and options were clear. We were kept up to date with our booking right up to departure. The house is in good condition for it's age and use, and the grounds are nicely mature giving it a nice family home feel that we liked. Our family particularly enjoyed the pool and deck and spent most of the time outdoors. We would love to visit again.
James A., Victoria, BC, 5.10.15
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Hale Lani Poipu! Our party was comprised of two families with a total of 8 people. There was plenty of space for our group. The home is very high quality, beautiful & clean. It was especially nice to have the four bathrooms to accommodate us all. The kitchen is both beautiful & functional with high quality appliances. Was nice to be able to prepare some meals at the house. We were also glad to have a washer & dryer on site. Much nicer to come home and not have all the laundry to catch up on after vacation! The only negative to our stay there was the early mowing of the golf greens right next door at 4:30-5:30 AM each day. Don't plan on sleeping in or at least make sure the windows are closed if you are a light sleeper. We would definitely book this rental again and recommend it to friends.
Bryan S., Kelso, WA, 4.16.15
- The unit at Regency 924 was terrific! It had everything my film needed to make vacationing easy with the comforts of home. The home was clean with the exception of the floors and dust on the ceiling fans. No biggie just wanted to bring to your attention. We always try to leave places we stay as good or better than we left it. We cleaned thoroughly before we left.
Cheri M., Draper, UT, 4.12.15
- Clean, well laid out, very functional, lots of space in the house, on the lenai, below the house, and in the grass covered yard. Great view. Fun to be able to walk a few steps and be sitting on the beach. The 1.5 mile road along Anini beach is great to walk or bike. We would recommend to anyone.
John P., Ketchikan, AK, 3.24.15
- The Honulani is still a great value for the money. We have book the house every year since 2009. This is the first year we found the house was not really ready for rental. The were lights out, the toilet in the main bath, at times would continue to run, the light switch in the mater bath would not always work (vanity). There was a missing blind in one of the rooms with no way of providing privacy. Of a lesser note... the out door furniture around the deck was showing signs of age. These are issues we noticed this year but we still think this is an awesome home in a great location. Oh... we think working through Garden Island Rentals is the pits and really appreciate working with Vacation Rental Agency. Thanks for another wonderful vacation. There were lots of whales.. turtles... dolphins... snorkeling and of course sun.
Donald L., Vancouver, WA, 3.22.15
- We had an amazing time at Kaulana Naue. The view and home is breathtaking. We had plenty of room and loved the time we could spend together as a family. There were a couple of minor problems with bathrooms. The temperature in the shower of one was only scalding hot and wouldn't adjust and in the other the drain was slow. Another bathroom had ants. However, the beds were comfortable, we had plenty of beach towels and beach toys. The North shore was beautiful and we did a couple of hikes as well as play on the beach just outside the back door. We would come again and recommend this wonderful home to anyone thinking of going to Kauai. Thank you for the experience.
Missy P., Cottonwood Heights, UT, 2.23.15
- What an exquisite five weeks we just had at Hale Nalu! The home is even more lovely than the pictures show and, despite the close proximity of neighboring houses, one has a sense of privacy at Hale Nalu, due to the perfect placement of the house on the lot, the lovely landscaping, and the constant, relaxing, sound of the surf. Our rental was managed smoothly and well, the house itself was beautifully clean and easily maintainable, while being well-equipped for a relaxing vacation home. The layout of the home itself is very pleasing and spacious, with plenty of room for six of us to mingle together or to seek a quiet corner to read a bit. And, of course, having Baby Beach right next door was perfect. We found the kitchen to be satisfactorily equipped, and all the appliances were up to date, well chosen, and quiet. At first, the washer and dryer in the kitchen seemed a bit odd, but it didn't take us long to appreciate it. We saw monk seals and sea turtles on Baby Beach, and dolphins and lots and lots of whales right from the deck, and enjoyed nearly perfect weather the entire time. There were lovely rainbows sometimes, and clear skies made for incredible starry nights. On the rare occasions when the wind picked up, we were grateful for the hoses at the house to rinse the salt spray off the windows (the surf is THAT close!). Snorkeling is not bad right off the beach there, or down at the nearby Poipu public beach. And, the Kukui'ula shopping center is a short walk for those who want lunch out, or ice cream, or just a little shopping, and Old Town Koloa is just a five minute drive away, and had enough shopping to take care of most of our grocery needs. It's hard to imagine a more perfect retreat for family and friends to relax together and enjoy beautiful Kauai. I would recommend Hale Nalu to anyone, and I hope my family and I can visit it again someday.
Robin R., Arlington, VA, 2.22.15
- Our stay in 241 was GREAT. The unit was more than we expected. The views were great. The only item to be improved is to add more plates and glasses. Would recommend to anyone. Louis was great, very helpful. Bob & Gigi St. Louis
Robert H., St. Louis, MO, 1.25.15
- Good things: view, pool and location are great Bad things: has insect and critter problem and house interior and appliances are dated. The worry about the insects (cockroaches included) made us leave early despite already paying fully upfront. Would not book again for that reason
Ken F., 1.25.15
- Kaulana Naue is an outstanding house on an extraordinarily beautiful beach. The house is spacious and modern, with four full bedrooms plus a guest area with a fifth bedroom. The views from the front deck and beach are spectacular. On some days the surf can be too rough to swim in, but we swam most days (staying near the shore) and there is actually a lot of coral and marine life just 20 feet off the beach. We stayed there in January, when--frankly--most of the famous "snorkeling" beaches (e.g., nearby Tunnels) were too rough and stirred up to swim at or snorkel at, and we found the beach right in front of the house the best and most rewarding choice. Obviously this will change by season. Keep in mind it is a 15 minute drive from the town of Hanalei. Overall, a fabulous property.
Andrew S., New York, NY, 1.17.15
- This is the second year we have stayed at Hana Hou Hale. It is a wonderful family house and has all of the amenities we need. It is a very comfortable house and is the perfect layout for our large family. I only have one complaint and that is: The pillows on the living area couch leak feathers. In addition to being unsightly, the feathers stick you in the back and are uncomfortable. I know that down is considered to be luxurious but it is inappropriate in this setting. Please replace the pillows and/or the couch and it will be the perfect house!
Claire H., Bainbridge Island, WA, 1.12.15
- The condo was an amazing place to stay! We had views you could only wish for and a beautiful and comfortable place to stay. Amy, our agent, was wonderful to work with and made sure we were totally satisfied with our stay. The condo was immaculate and the grounds of Waipouli Resort are lovely. We were able to relax and have the time of our lives! We would highly recommend this unit as well as Hawaiian Beach rentals for your stay in Kauai. We had a wonderful time and are hoping to return in the near future.
Jackie T., Dalton, OH, 9.22.14
- We truly enjoyed every moment of our stay at Hale Andalusia in Kauai! Breath taking views and comfortable rooms. Even with two hurricanes barreling down on us, we still had an awesome time. The only thing keeping us from giving it a perfect 5, is the timer on the only AC in the house, and the living room furniture was not the most comfortable. But that hammock is heaven!
Catie M., Fairfax, VA, 8.25.14
- The house was very clean and spacious and looked as I expected it to from the photos. The kitchen and bathroom need updating, but we know this from the photos already. The house had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. There were plenty of bath towels and beach towels which was great for a family with children. The kitchen was well stocked with plates and utensils as well as lots of condiments. The sea view was amazing - we spent a long time watching the turtles, surfers and local fishermen from the garden. The pool and garden were very well maintained. There were a few small niggles but nothing to bother the agent with whilst we were there, but worth mentioning so it can be fixed for another visitor. The insect mesh was coming away from the frame on the front door which meant if the door was fully open insects could come in. It would have been nice if the ocean lights in the garden worked. There were very big cobwebs and spiders on the decking outside the master bedroom and on the porch outside the house, it looked like they had been there some time. The customer service was great, we were able to get hold of the local contact when we needed to, directions and information prior to our stay was timely. Overall, we were very pleased and had a lovely week in Honulani.
Anita E., Ashtead, 8.20.14
- The overall quality of the "Pu'u Poa 308." The condition and cleanliness of the rental Your overall satisfaction with your rental. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Pu'u Poa #308 is such a special place. It is clear to me that the owner of the condo loves this place and has taken such pride in making it special for all who are lucky enough to stay in their Kauain Oasis. It is so artfully decorated and well-appointed I would go so far is to say that it is the best rental property we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many rental properties. There was NOTHING that was not thought of, every detail was considered. From the comfortable, but absolutely beautiful dcor to the detail that was put into providing everything a renter would need to have an amazing vacation. Need to wash your clothes check, beautiful front loader washer/dryer; need to cook a meal check, everything you could ever need (including the plastic ware to store your leftovers); need to find a restaurant or wonder what fish you just saw snorkeling check, vacation guide books and coffee table books galore covering every topic that could be covered regarding the island; need to connect to the internet check, seamless wireless connection; need to print something check, access to the printer (what!); need to go to the beach check, beach towels, sand toys, snorkels/fins, chairs, beach mats, even extra sunscreen and bug spray (just in case you run out!); have a rainy day check, books, novels, nice theater size TV and oh did I mention the view that you can stare at for hours and never get board (need a close up, they even thought of binoculars); need to get a great night's sleep check, mattresses and bed linens are lovely and if you need extras, you guested it just check the closet; need to write your children's name on waterproof cameras so you don't get them mixed up you guessed it CHECK they even had a sharpie! I think you get the idea this place is an amazing and all rental property owners should take a page from this lovely couple's book. Pu-u Poa #308 should not even be called a rental it should be called a home away from home! Loved it! Yes I would rent this property again I don't think our family could stay anywhere else on the island! We were spoiled! And yes I would definitely recommend this rental to family and friends! The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Amazing! Amy Jackson was incredible to work with and made this amazing rental possible by being persistent! She called me 2 seconds after I hit the send button on my request and then doggedly tracked down this rental. She listened to everything I wanted and needed and gave me everything and more! I cannot say enough about how happy I was working with her! Thank you! What was the best part of your trip? Just feeling so spoiled and taken care of. We were not in a resort but I felt that level of care. It was truly a special memory for our family Amy and Pu'u Poa #308 were such a big part of that! Thank you!
Alison K., 8.17.14
- Overall the Villa was a great venue for a peaceful family vacation. Cottage air conditioning was down the whole time with great discomfort to part of our family and broken elevator made egress hard for me. Agents were responsive and a big help thru-out. We're already thinking of coming again.
Beverly B., Cambria, California, 8.15.14
- We rented 425 and 114 for an anniversary trip with our family. Everything was wonderful. Easy booking and check in, very clean and comfortable lodgings for all of us (10). We would definitely rent here again. We especially loved 114 -- great views of Shipwreck Beach, close to the pool and BBQs and a huge grassy area in front. Both were well equipped and more than met our needs.
Donna W., 8.13.14
- Pali Ke Kua 118 was wonderful for our honeymoon-aversary. It is a beautiful corner unit with a spectacular view. The condo had everything we needed, including snorkel gear, a cooler, beach towels, and a couple of boogie boards. The only thing is that the boogie boards are stored under the bed, and we did not find them until the last day. It would be great if there was a note indicating where the toys are stored in the condo. We had a magical time, and although we stayed before Iselle came, the PKK Residents Manager Mike was super helpful with regards to Hurricane Preparedness, posting updates on our door, and was really helpful and friendly to chat to about what to do and where to go in the event of a hurricane warning. Nice to have Hideaways pub next door, an easy dinner out and you dont have to worry about driving. Their pizza and artichoke dip are awesome. We were surprised there was no surf in Hanalei in the summer, so best to ask around to locals and shops because there are other surf spots not too far away, near the airport and on the south island, but we didnt discover them until the last day. Princeville is a bit remote in the sense that if you want to go out and drink, you need to drive home, but we went to the St Regis one night for drinks and a Hawaiian band. You could easily get there on foot or by bikes. The Westin isnt too far either, and there are a couple other restaurants in Princeville. The only downside was that when we arrived the unit hadnt been cleaned yet. There had been some mix up by the cleaning lady, but she arrived promptly, and the Property Manager ended up re-imbursing us $50 for the inconvenience. It wasn't an ideal way to arrive, but I felt that the situation was delt with promptly and fairly. Otherwise, I would totally go back PPK 118 and would recommend to a friend.
Nicola J., 8.11.14
- Honulani was the perfect place for our vacation! The home was very clean and well organized, and the location oceanside could not have been more beautiful. Honulani provided plenty of towels, kitchen equipment and ammenities and the service from Hawaiian Beach Rentals was friendly, precise and timely. Everything was in good working order and a special Mahalo to Frank for keeping the pool sparkling clean without being intrusive. Looking forward to returning. Great proximity to restaurants, shopping, beaches and attractions, our every expectation of this rental property was met or surpassed.
Victoria C., Santa Rosa, CA, 8.8.14
- Ka hale Lehua was a wonderful place to stay while visiting Hanalei. The true Hawaiian flair and feel of the home was exactly what we wanted to experience in Kauai. The home had everything you needed, lots of linens, comfy beds, very clean all over, stocked kitchen cabinets etc....and was big enough for all of us and I loved having the beach access right in front of us. The surrounding veranda is a very special peaceful spot to take in the mountains and waterfalls view. Lots of nice grassy area to play soccer with kids and park car. I loved the coconut trees and foliage all around. It was also an easy walk to all the shops and restaurants or to meet for Napali coast tour etc at the Pier. Weke Road is definitely the better spot than right on the Kuhio Hwy. The only thing I would recommend to add is ceiling fans. It is downright hot during the day, there is a beautiful cross breeze when the screens are open, but working in the kitchen or bathrooms are hot. Some minor things: there were no right size coffee filters - no fun to learn 1st morning you wake up for folks that need their coffee....LOL. Some beach chairs need updating, small ants a nuisance, outdoor shower area could use a little renovation, the dishwasher and dryer stopped working the day before we left - meaning we had to unpack all the dirty dishes and wash all by hand last minute before we left and we weren't able to dry all the beach towels we had washed. We didn't meet any of the supporting rental agents, it would have been nice to get a hello or a how you doing while there - but we did get clear and ontime directions for access by email before our travel date. Hanalei is a place we treasured and we can't wait to be back and yes we would absolutely stay at Ka hale Lehua again. Overall we LOVED it!
Camille W., Mississauga, ON, 7.17.14
- Our family of 9 had a memorable time at Hale Ohana celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. The house was beautiful, very clean, very comfortably appointed and had a very well-equipped kitchen--a must for our family with two chefs. The only item missing from the kitchen was a spatula. The staff at the booking agency answered all my questions promptly prior to our arrival and also arranged for a case of wine, sent from the mainland, to be held at the local office for our arrival. We only have a few, minor negatives. There should be at least one beach umbrella in the garage for the guests to use. No one wants to invest in an umbrella for a short stay and the same with beach chairs. The shower curtain in the master bath was on a spring tension rod and constantly fell down so we finally gave up and just removed it. We live in California where humidity is often in the single digits so there were many days when the late afternoon and early evening humidity was really uncomfortable. We longed for air conditioning on those days particularly when there were no breezes to compensate. The lanai was probably the best part of the house and we ate every meal out here to the sound of waves and watching the Kauai Bulbuls and other birds drop by for a handout. Overall, our family agreed that we would want to return to this beautiful property.
Barbara P., PASADENA, CA, 7.15.14
- The quality of Kiahuna Paradise, the level of customer service and the condition of the rental was excellent. The home was clean and extremely accommodating. My family and I were very satisfied with everything and are happy with our decision. I would definitely rent this property again and work with HBR. I would certainly recommend this property and rental service to friends and family. We were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you!
Jonathan R., 7.9.14
- The rental agency was excellent. They were organized, friendly and answered all of my questions. They were very easy to work with. The house was clean and the location was amazing! People we know who live in Kauai knew of this house; they found it easily and joined us for a very short walk to the fabulous Hanalei Bay. Perfect location. We could also walk right into town. Great place to stay!
Lauren C., Los Angeles, CA, 7.5.14
- Everything was excellent!
Anna C., San Anselmo, CA, 7.4.14
- We were extremely pleased with the condition and cleanliness of Hana hou hale. We would recommend this rental highly to others. It has to be the best location on the island. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary we our two sons and their families. The grandchildren range in age from 3 to 15 and found it to be a short and easy walk to the beach The decor is outstanding and the kitchen is well equipped. Mahalo,
Carole and Fred D., Tucson, AZ, 7.2.14
- Hale Ohana was spectacular. Grass for little ones to play on and the ocean a few steps away. The lanai was the best for views and meals and soooo Hawaiian. Quiet street and the sound of the surf and the beach was very safe for children. Customer service was excellent. Cleanliness was good. Kitchen cabinets were a bit sticky and oven wasn't clean, but overall, very, very good. We would recommend this rental. The architecture of the home and attention to quality details were impressive. The best part was our time was on the lanai looking at the beautiful view and listening to the ocean. Took our breath away.
John M., Whitefish, MT, 6.30.14
- gorgeous place, everything you could ask for. Booking agent was excellent, someone there to greet us and called, even tho it was 10:30 pm, beautiful floral arrangements to greet us. We thought we were in a wonderland. I would recommend this place. The only thing is that the bedrooms were very HOT for sleeping, especially the master, but it cooled down by morning. I think it was especially hot while we were there. There was no "escape" except in the car. Spectacular views, sea turtles out front, quiet and private. We can't say enough about how beautiful the place was, including the art work. Mahalo
John C., Rothschild, WI, 6.27.14
- We had a lovely stay at the "Cliffs". You have a lovely property! The leel of your customer service was wonderful. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful! The condo was clean which we do appreciate so much. We did have a couple of issues which where taken care of quickly. The second day we notice water on the rug going into the kitchen it had done this before, because the baseboard had been removed and there was quit a lot of mold where the base boards had been. My husband realized it was the ice maker. We turn it off and put a fan on it. The water soon dried up, and the housekeeper removed the mold. We also seen quite a few roaches in the kitchen. They where going to take care of that when we left. Day 5 we saw water spraying all over the toilet, we realized that the water was getting worse. My husband looked above the toilet, realized that every time the upstairs toilet was flushed it was dripping on are toilet (yuck)! Called and the quickly reset the upstairs toilet and the dripping stopped. Even though we had issues we would still recommend the condo at the Cliffs and would rent again. We love the trip, and love the water so much.
Avis J., Skiatook, OK, 5.27.14
- We loved it. The resort was great. No complaints.
Gary S., 5.6.14
- The Makana Akua home is beautiful. The only negative that I have is the fact that there are a few things that could use some repair. For example, the sliding glass doors don't slide very well in the Master Bedroom. Some of the cabinets in the kitchen could use some pairing/touch-up and the things in general could use a bit of refreshing. The customer service and quick attention to the one problem we had (a bit of leakage from the freezer) was great and we would definitely book again with you guys
Mark R., Sandy, UT, 5.5.14
- The rental was excellent, plenty of room, great location. So close to the beach kids could go anytime. Close to town. Lots of rain, but we enjoyed that in the comfy house. Found we did a lot of sitting in house just to enjoy the views and peace, very relaxing. It seem to have everything we needed. Too many best parts to pick just one. Would love to come back. Only problem is check out time, 10 am, little too early to have wash done, but we were on aloha time. 11 am would be better.
Lorretta A., Laguna Woods, CA, 4.27.14
- Everything was perfect.Easy to find, stay and enjoy the view but hard to leave. We will be back...family all ready voted.
Jan W., Merrill, OR, 4.1.14
- The unit was very nice and clean. There were a few items missing as a few maintenance issues which we reported the evening we checked in. Someone came the next day but did not repair the DVD player or replace the lightbulb on the patio. The unit has a great ocean view and the property is well maintained and beautifully landscaped. The only MAJOR drawback is that there are no BBQs allowed on the property with the exception of the charcoal ONE at the bottom of the paved walkway to the beach. Easily 1/4 mile away, incredibly inconvenient ! Especially since we enjoy getting fresh fish and veggies to grill as one of our favorite things to do on Kauai. A possible solution would be a few propane grills in the pool/common area. If that would happen we would definitely come back.
Amy D., 3.22.14
- overall disappointed BUT not a reflection on Hawaiian Beach Rental agents as they were fantastic! This 'luxury' condo is located on a rocky beach which is not safe for swimming unless you are planning to stay on the beach and get splashed by the waves. Unfortunately, it is also not good for walking as the beach is short and the connecting properties are dirty with garbage and I would say building material from construction. Forget about long walks on the beach. the unit has beautiful views - can't beat it. disappointed and somewhat annoyed that there were signs on most cabinets telling you how to use towels, what to do and not to do. i.e.: if you do too many loads of laundry they will charge you extra fees - WHAT??? and what made my blood boil is that they have a policy that you should wash the towels you used the night before for the next guests. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so with this policy in place, I know why I had the issue I had. see below: 1. I killed about 10 bugs in the first 3 days. always around our food and the sink 2. they have a note saying 'don't wipe dirty shoes and feet on towels' (to me this is common sense) but all the towels were stained. 3. our sheets had blood stains 4. radio in the room was broken 5. non-stick pans were all scratched 6. screen broken so, i ended up doing laundry of all the sheets and cases so we could sleep the first night. the cleaning lady (charge $150 mandatory in all bookings) was contacted and she got us new sheets, new pans, a new radio and fixed the screen - fantastic!!! catch is she put the brand new sheets from Costco on our beds without washing them first. (who does this?) so I did another load of laundry on my vacation so that we could sleep in clean beds. the icing on the cake was when the last night at around 11 am, there was a knock at the door. the nice man who was to be taking over the condo was wondering if I was cleaning the condo for them to come in. YES- THEY DOUBLE BOOKED! We offered to move out that night if they refunded us and after about 1.5 hours of waiting for them property manager to make a decision, they said they wouldn't pay for us to leave for the night. so pay would mean that they wouldn't take the fee we paid for the 7 nights and just split it evenly as they argued that we were not entitled to a portion of the refund for the set fees. difference was $60!!!!! so they inconvenienced the other family and found them a place (not sure where) for $60 when we were more than willing to go to our next destination. so - be prepared for stained sheets and towels as the previous company staying at the unit will have done the laundry for the cleaning service and the beach sucks!
Elmira S., 3.19.14
- Hale Nalu Kauai is a beautiful home on the shores of Baby Beach. The home is well appointed and supplied with everything one could hope for in the kitchen. We stayed for a month - and the home is set up for six people - but they only provided 3 beach chairs which was frustrating. We saw additional beach chairs in the locked garage - but when we phoned the local contact they said the items in the garage were for the personal use of the owners only. Our dishwasher wasn't working properly right from the beginning - and this took a couple of days to get it fixed - the local contact seemed reluctant to pay an appliance repair technician - and first sent someone that wasn't knowledgeable - who tried to figure out what was wrong by reading the owner's manual! The home is in excellent condition and we really appreciated the mid stay clean by Tricia. The hedge lining the oceanfront yard is likely there for safety reasons - but it is in poor condition - and totally blocks the view of the ocean when you are sitting on loungers on the grass. We would recommend changing that to fencing of some description that allows for the view. During our month stay (with our ten month old grandson) - we returned to the house in the afternoon to discover white crystals on the grass both in the front and rear yards - we didn't know what it was - so we had to make sure the child wasn't on the grass - it was a real pain to keep him on the deck. We called the local contact and left a message to find out what the stuff was - no one got back to us. In the end we found out from another source that the white crystals were salt - but had the gardeners even left a message - or the local contact - to let us know that the stuff wasn't toxic to children - that would have been helpful. We were also disappointed with the attitude of the local contact generally speaking. We had requested through our rental agent for a late check out - as our flights didn't leave until the evening - according to the local contact - the rental agent didn't forward our e-mails about this to them and there wasn't anything they could do for us - emphasizing that we needed to be out by 10:00 A.M. After paying over 20K for the month - we thought they could be a little more accommodating in this regard. Overall - we were very satisfied with the unit and would likely recommend the home. It is unlikely that we would rent this particular home again given the hedge blocking the view - and we are partial to having a pool - and at this time we aren't keen on booking a unit with the same local contact as we felt they were kind of snippy with us.
Keegan M., Red Deer, AB, 3.19.14
- Honulani is the best value we have been able to find for a vacation in Hawaii. It has all the items we are looking for... quiet.. a pool.. on the beach... and a great price. We appreciate how clean the house is when we arrive. This is our fifth time at the house and we are looking forward to our return visit.
Donald L., Vancouver, WA, 2.23.14
- It was great location and private. Tastefull
Samuel G., Denver, CO, 2.22.14
- Plantations 1122 was a great unit. Our booking agent did a wonderful job in finding this unit in Princeville for us as originally we were looking for something in the southern part of Kauai. If we should come again, we will stay in Princeville and hopefully the same unit. The condition of the unit was immaculate. Very clean and amenities advertised were all there and came in handy. We are very satisfy with the the unit. As mentioned earlier, we would book the rental again and will definitely recommend the unit and condo complex to our friends and other family members. The best part of our trip was visiting the Waimea Canyons and attending the Smith Family Garden Luau. The only downside of our trip was the heavy rain and the unfriendliness of one of the groundsmen. He was a tall slender elderly white gentleman who did not acknowledge our morning greetings to him on two separate days. He just acted like he didn't hear or see us. Maybe he was having a bad week but everything else at Plantation 1122 was perfect. Thanks again for making our first trip to Kauai fabulous.
Herbert L., 2.17.14
- the tree house is really 'up there' beside a small river which flooded its banks after 2 days of tremendous downpours! the property was well protected and warm and dry! Everything is exactly how the listing states and we had a wonderful time there. No batteries and many small bugs/nats on our iniital entry after lots of travel was a bit frustrating! directions are a bit confusing....Being beside the two bridges and the stream with 'frogs' wasn't exactly the quietest place on the planet but definitely relaxing and enjoyable! a few supplies would make living there more enjoyable!
Pieter and Yolanda V., 2.11.14
- For an older home we were very satisfied, the porch was the best part of the house. Thanks for a great stay, John
John N., Penfield, NY, 2.5.14
- I am very particular about the accommodations I consider worthy of a 5 star and this condo was beyond our expectations. The condo is very nicely appointed with high end appliances and furniture. The grounds are beautiful, well maintained and clean. The restaurant on the resort is excellent. We can't wait to come back again!
Susie T., 1.28.14
- Great house, we really enjoyed everything! Only (very minor) suggestion for improvement is it would be nice to have a small carpet somewhere in the house - all those beautiful hardwoods made our feet hurt by the end of the week ;->. Guess I can't complain about that haha, beautiful house and well maintained. Nice work.
Mark I., Atlanta, GA, 1.27.14
- The unit was very well appointed , clean, and convenient . Great view from room. Complex has great restaurant ,fitness facilities and pool. It is across from shopping which can be walked too. Also since in middle of island makes exploring much easier.
Robert M., 1.21.14
- Our family really enjoyed their stay at Hana Hou Hale. The house is getting a little older but is still quite well maintained. The view and location is unbeatable. Having the snorkeling and fishing available in the front yard and surf riding close by is great. Our only suggestion for improvement are handrails and grab bars for the older guests. We had difficulty getting in and out of the pool and hot tub without a handrail. And the bathrooms need grab bars. Having been a builder for many years I remember how I resented the new building codes for handicap facilities but now that I am older I see the need
Rod L., Kenmore, WA, 1.14.14
- The overall quality of the 'Kahala 224' was very good. The reno was tastefully done although wall to wall carpet is very impractical for the climate conditions. There were enough amenities and starter supplies were appreciated. The level of customer service was 'Excellent'. Overall condition and cleanliness was very good. Overall satisfaction with the rental was very good. Yes, we would recommend this rental however, Kalapaki Joe's does present an occasional noise issue. Even though the 'quiet' time is from 10 pm, there are some vacationers that don't realize that. Having a sports bar in close proximity tends to attract the 'sports bar' type. Best part of our trip . . . Kauai!!! Perhaps highlighting the fact that the key lock box to gain initial entry to your unit is located by the office would be helpful!! Thanks for all your help!! Mahalo
Jasmine O., 1.13.14
- We had a great vacation in Kauai and the Pali Ke Kua was absolutely perfect. Incredible view and great location for exploring north coast, awesome beaches, town of Hannelai, and even walking down the path for sunset snorkel. No complaints whatsoever (except the place needs one sharp knife). We are signing up for next year.
Richard I., El Cerrito, CA, 1.9.14
- Encountered 2 problems - No land line phone service upon arrival. Also had very limited cell phone service (via Sprint). Beware that Internet Wi-Fi connection is SO SLOW that it is almost useless. Probably would not book again for the above reasons.
Julie C., 1.8.14
- Highly recommend "Hana Hou Hale" Beautiful house. Lovely oceanfront property with breathtaking views. Booking agent Mary and contact agent Louie were wonderful and helped us with anything we needed. We enjoyed the well equipped kitchen and house and the near by beaches and hotels. Beds and pillows were comfortable, but I would recommend new pillows and sheets for a rental of this price. Pillows and sheets were badly stained and not even bleaching the cases helped. These are small details and imperfections, but attention to them can make a difference! Overall staying in the house with three families was very enjoyable and a memorable experience.
Georgina W., Vestal, NY, 1.7.14
- The area this house is in is NOT at all desirable. It is visually beautiful, but far from any points of interest, and the ocean is very rocky and active. The house itself is fine, though there is no TV in the living room and the TV in the master isn't hooked up correctly and therefore was inoperable. I wish we had not stayed here, and actually spent our last night in a hotel.
Brandy L., Studio City, CA, 1.6.14
- Our stay was at Waipouli Beach Resort in unit G404. The unit itself was terrific. It was clean and well maintained. The furnishings were comfortable, of good quality and in great shape. The kitchen was well supplied. The view was an unobstructed ocean scene which is hard to beat. Personally, we would rent this unit again for future visits to Kauai. Dealing with Hawaiian Beach Rentals was excellent. The communication and response to any questions was clear and immediate. The only negative to me was that there was no barbecue for each unit, but was in a community shared area.
Kelly C., 1.5.14
- We had a very very nice stay. The unit is some what dated and needs some maintenance . The cleanliness was good except for a couple of cockroaches here and there...however they were dead.
Mary M., Sacramento, CA, 1.4.14
1 - 100 of 378
Kauai vacation reviews