- Kaanapali vacation reviews
- The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need at beach home with amenities on your doorstep. Fantastic sunsets! One of the most beautiful beaches in the world is 15-20min walk along the beach, however the beach you are looking at from this apartment is nice too. Despite proximity to swimming pool apartment is quiet and you can listen to the sound of ocean waves. Definitely recommended.
Vlad C., Auckland, New Zealand, 7.18.17
- Hale Kohola was one of our best rental experiences ever. In fact, all of our rentals through HBR have been great. Getting back to Hale Kohola, Debbie Mitchell with MMS Maui Inc. was there to great us upon arrival. She was very thorough during her walk through and very helpful through out our stay as I had occasion to call her once or twice. The house itself was very unique in it's design. It was decorated beautifully and we enjoyed use and placement of a certain artist's work. The kitchen was fantastic and easy to use for several cooks at once. We liked "eating in" rather than "eating out". There were both an upstairs and a downstairs living areas plus lots of great out door spaces which allowed our party of 10 the space required to keep things peaceful. It was very apparent that the owners of this house had a keen appreciation for interior design. Plus there were sculpted whales hanging from the ceiling and other rooms. In my mind the best part of the house was the faux marble columns with interesting sculpted palm frond adornments. We were concerned before we got there about the distance from the beach but it turned out to be not a problem; Kahekilli beach was a short easy walk and there were at least 8 other fantastic beaches with in a 10 minute drive. The 7 points above were all met to the fullest. This house is a must rent for your next vacation. Tim Campbell, Calgary, Alberta, Canada March 31, 2016.
Timothy C., Calgary, AB, 3.31.16
- The "Sea Shells beach house" if anything, is even better than advertised. After many different rentals in Hawaii we can say this was undeniably the best. Adding to our great experience was the absolute excellence of the management company on site. I wouldn't change a thing. We cannot wait to repeat the experience. Mahalo, Mark Cowett and family
Mark C., Bozeman, MT, 2.10.16
- We nicknamed the house the Mansion. Perfect location very nice area. Kitchen was great for three women to work in. Had a few issues with the stove not working all the time. Debbie our manager was great tried to help us with all problems. The house was well stocked and very clean. If you don't like stairs it can be difficult. The pool was nice also hot tub. This is a good place for families that like to have a bit of privacy. All in all a wonderful holiday..
Schuler M., Qualicum Beach, BC, 3.31.15
- The house is beautiful, well furnished and roomy for my adult family of 9. The views were beautiful and the amenities also quite nice. we enjoyed our visit to Maui and the stay at the house very much. The beaches are terrific, the diving, snorkeling and the Road to Hana exceptional. We really enjoyed every day. I would like to see written instructions for heating the spa because without written instructions I found that there were times despite doing what the agent had verbally told me to do, the spa didnt warm up. Also another coffee maker would be helpful. Once coffee maker for 9 people isn't enough. Otherwise the kitchen was well equipped. I do have a few complaints though. On the day we arrived, a cement mixer was next door and the noise was so bad that the entire first day we could not use the pool or spa for the noise outside. The cement mixer was there until 9pm! That gave us a bad start to the vacation. Also the ice maker never worked in the refrigerator. We had to buy ice. We notified our property manager Debbie but it could not be fixed the entire week we were there. Also the air conditioning didn't work on the one half of the house. When a person came out finally to fix it, he found that the breaker was on off but he couldn't find the breaker box for quite awhile. The heat in one master bedroom for 3 nights was terrible. I am requesting some compensation for these issues when the security check is returned. We kept the house in excellent shape and clean because we too rent our beach house in North Carolina and respect the houses we rent when on vacation. thank you Anna Story
Anna S., Durham, NC, 11.23.14
- Really loved this condo. Was in a great location and very easy to get in and out of from the main highway. Nice and very clean and quiet complex. Will book here again for sure and would recommend. Only complaint would be on the lighting and seating in the den. Another chair and couple more lamps would be nice. Having A/C was great and loved the updated unit overall.
Jennifer C., 7.30.14
- The location of 159 is ideal, great views and nice breeze. The refrigerator water/ice mechanism is broken, the ice gets stuck in the chute. You need a ceiling fan in the master bedroom, it is too hot back there unless you turn down the AC unit. The ceiling fan in the kitchen and TV room is fine, but it should be moved closer to the middle of the room so the entire room gets the breeze, this and the master bedroom fan if added will reduce using the AC unit and save money, both are very simple fixes. I would update the furniture as well. Also, you should work out a deal with the hotel so condo renters can use the hotel amenities, weight room, pool towels. We did not have any beach towels, we had to go and buy them. Overall, a great time, but you need some updates.
Peter D., 7.9.14
- A great place for a large family vacation. We could not have asked for more. There were places for all to have a little space to lounge and relax. The view is outstanding. A true bit of paradise. Peggy McNutt
Michael and Peggy M., Cupertino, CA, 7.7.14
- The Accomodations were excellent. Our only complaint is that there were only 4 bath towels in the unit and we had 5 people, so we had to use one of our pool towels as a bath towel.
Jon B., 6.9.14
- The accommodation, location, and atmosphere was all great for our recent stay at Mahana, providing us with a very good vacation experience. The view from unit 706 spectacular. The unit itself was great and the furnishings, over all very good. We found the bathroom fixtures becoming somewhat dated. Particularly the tub faucet not functioning completely, but overall did not take away from our enjoyable stay. We would definitely consider staying at the Mahana, and / or Unit 706, on our next visit to Maui. Best regards, Wayne Y
Wayne Y., 4.26.14
- We LOVED this house! Location was incredible, but the level of service was beyond that. The house was incredibly clean and well-supplied. The layout was utilitarian (in a good way) and the house was infinitely comfortable. We were so very happy there, almost unbelieving that we could be somewhere so.. Wow. We would recommend the house and the rental company to anyone without reserve. An incredible week that we can only hope to replicate closely sometime in the future.
Teri S., Waxhaw, NC, 4.23.14
- We had a great stay and loved the condo.
Frank M., 4.7.14
- The room was very clean. I did not have any beach towels and did not realize I had to get these thourgh the rental company. It was very inconvenient returning the keys. I went by shuttle. I had my brother retrurn the keys. I asked if the keys could be left in the unit. The answer was no. I did not have a car. I don't know if the shuttle would charge an extra fee. As far as services from the rental company, I recieved none. I have rented from other companies and I had trash removal, replacement of towels, etc. The men and women who worked in the Honua Kai were very pleasant but I was not entitled to any services from them. The unit and the property is beautiful. I would recommend the property but might prefer to rent from the owner directly. Pat Egan-Myers
Pat E., 3.17.14
- the unit was nice ,location is great . we had problems with our keys and couldnt get in our unit ,went to talk to front desk and they told me they would take care of it ,five days later somebody showed up . what a pain . Over all we had a good time here and for two couples it was a perfect unit.
Justin A., 2.16.14
- 3.5/5. Room was lovely and spacious. Some small issues with drains, taps, kitchen appliances and the room we had was close to the hwy so it could get noisy. Great deck, beautiful pool, room was great. We stayed with 4 adults and 2 small kids. Great value for the money and perfect for families. Would book again no question if it was closer to the beach.
Brooke B., 2.16.14
- It was wonderful, from the directions to the condo to the layout and amenities. We would definitely book this rental again. The location was perfect for us just minutes from the beach and close to shopping. Thank you so much
Thomas W., 1.7.14
- The house was lovely and easily accommodated our party of eight adults, two toddlers and an infant. Easy walk to beautiful Kaanapali beach. Also , we walked to Whaler's Village for a little exercise and shopping. Many wonderful restaurants and beaches within a fifteen minute driving time. We used the kitchen extensively and would recommend that you not leave food out and bag everything in the pantry as there are plenty of the tiniest ants I have ever seen, and I live in the country. A little spray of windex keeps them at bay for awhile. We had a wonderful week.
Abbey S., Robbins, CA, 12.1.13
- This was a very special family time- We were there to celebrate my husbands 65th birthday with the entire family but it got even better when we learned our first grandchild will be making an appearnace in May!!! No better place to celebrate! It was a hop, skip and jump into the most beautiful reef I have experinced in Hawaii. I really appreciated that we were able to do a late check out. The home exceeded our expectations and my children decided they were not leaving. We had a great time and Duane summed it up by saying, "This was the BEST birthday celebration ever!" Thank you for your recommendation of Chef Gwen pu-pu's on the beach during sunset and amazing dinner served on the lanai was amazing. We all decided we were full of pu-pu and unable to really enjoy here stellar meal! Thank you for assisting us on a very memorable vacation experince! Beth Beers, Socorro, NM
Elizabeth B., Socorro, NM, 10.16.13
- We came for our honeymoon and could not be happier ! Everything was just wonderful. The condo is beautiful and tasteful, the view breathtaking and the complex outstanding ! I can not recommend this property enough !
Michael P., 9.9.13
- We just returned last night from the best Maui vacation ever! Kai-Konea 539 was by far the best place for us to stay. We loved everything about this unit, the space, the natural light, a full kitchen, the spacious lanai and of course the amazing wrap around view! We were very pleased to have shade in the afternoon and could sit on the lanai any time of day. I would absolutely book this unit again and again and would definitely recommend this place to friends. Honua Kai has a nice easy beach for snorkeling but is also just minutes away from Kapalua Bay where my kids and I snorkeled several times this trip (free parking, snack stand shade/umbrellas and other equipment for rent). My kids also loved the pool at Honua Kai. My parents joined us and they too were thrilled with the accomodations. Vacation Rental Agent was great to work with. I can't wait until my next Maui visit.
Kay W., 9.3.13
- the house was beautiful the only thing i would suggest is to have better quality kitchen equipment, with a kitchen that nice you expect quality tools. knives were dull, plastic cooking utensils, terrible blender. all of the people I worked with were wonderful, especially Debbie & Idol. I did have an issue with the pool people and was told that would be handled, I hope it was. They were the only issue we had and that the pool was out of commission for our last 3 days and there has been no compensation made to me as of yet.
Debbie S., 3.22.13
- Great location, apartment and facility. Would definitely stay again and recommend the facility.
Ann S., 3.8.13
- Great condo. only issues were poor lighting (for reading) in the master bedroom, the TV didn't seem to get H D, and knives that couldn't cut anything !! Great spot.
Chuck M., Camino, CA, 2.20.13
- Top stars in every way. The house is huge--far bigger than it looks in the photos. Everything you could ever want in terms of facilities. A house that is superbly built and everything works and is in perfect order. The grounds with all the trees and beautiful plants was a highlight for us with a beautiful pool and hot tub and a huge deck with 8 sun-beds + table and chairs + barbecue + beautiful views right and left to the sea. Lovely sunsets and sunrises from the second floor balcony with a big table and many chairs. Inside is unique and interesting. No where has a near full size plaster female humpback whale and a baby hanging from the ceiling. Nowhere has columns ending in palm frauds with coconuts and bananas. Wonderfully quiet. Backing unto a golf course. Close to all amenities and many lovely beaches. Our favourite was Kapalua Beach (15 minutes). Lovely little town nearby. Supermarkets nearby that are open 24 hours. The house suited all of the people in our family group. All very baby-proof, so we didn't have to worry about the little 13 month baby. The 7 year olds loved every part, as did the 35-40s and us old farts at 65. The 7 year old twins said it was difficult to play hide and seek 'cause there weren't very many hiding places--our only facetious complaint. Kitchen had everything you could want. Many sets of nice dishes. Floating mugs for the pool and hot tub. We made a beautiful table for Christmas dinner. Also there were many things things not listed in the ad such as several hair dryers. Also beach towels, water shoes to go into the coral, beach toys. Fantastic laundry with all supplies. At Christmas time, this house is expensive and worth every penny. The agency was also fantastic in every way. We had a small problem with one of the hot water heaters, and it was fixed before we could blink. They were totally accommodating in every way. And such nice people. They became our friends, not just agents. They arranged surf board lessons with a friend--much less expensive--and more personal-- and a lovely experience for our daughters. The house was wonderful. I could not recommend it more highly. Signed, Anonymous from Edmonton, Canada
Gretchen H., Edmonton, AB, 1.13.13
- fine place. worth the investment. quiet, but surrounded by activity
Nick P., Portland, OR, 11.29.12
- Sea Shells Beach House was the perfect fit for our family! It was pure luxury with the added touches to make it accessible for my wheelchair bound son. The house was immaculate, and closets stocked with enough bath and pool towels to last a week! The concierge staff was wonderful and went out of their way to get everything we needed including groceries. Special thanks to Sandy for spending hours finding a bath chair and bed rails for my son. The entire house and back yard is paradise. We look forward to coming back next year!
Suzanne D., San antonio, TX, 7.29.12
- The Mahana is built so that every apartment gets ocean front view. And the view is spectacular. Unit 906 has not been updated and is showing its age, it does not represent a $900k property. Would we go back? Yes, for the location and the view. Duke's restaurant next door was very good. Pat and Cindy
Patrick M., ARVADA, CO, 5.16.12
- The house of whale is absolutely amazing. We all love the open layout, numerous art work and the gigantic whale sculptures on the ceiling. The view was somehow blocked by the trees, but still fantastic. There is a lot of thoughts put into designing this house. So why 3 stars? I have stayed in many vacation rental properties in US and Europe, but this is so far the stingiest. There is only one used roll of toilet paper in each bathroom. There is only a tiny little bit of everything left in the house including, dish soup, hand soup, laundry detergent, dish washer detergent, paper towel and napkins. It's hard to believe that previous guest used everything until the very last drop. We had to buy everything for just a 5-day stay and we couldn't use them all. Of course we leave them in the house, and we hope the next guests don't need to buy every single household item. Even motels provide at least one spare roll of toilet paper. The quality of the tiny soap provided in the bathroom is really bad. It's just doesn't match a beautiful house like this one. I think guests would have a much better travel experience if the manage company add $50 to the rental fee so they can phase out all old kitchen appliances from the 80's and stock everything. The kitchen is huge, but it's not designed to cook. There is only an electric stove that doesn't work very well. The only very old coffee maker takes about 25 minutes to make one pot of coffee. All kitchen appliances are really old and all knifes are really dull. We found several dirty, unwashed dishes hidden among clean plates in the cabinet. It's very disgusting to find dry meat on several greasy plates when we try to serve dinner. The patio table on the 2nd floor has a thick layer of dust on it. We tried to clean it, but it's just too dirty. We all like the house and the location, but there is a serious problem with the management. At least they should remind renters that there is no supply at all in the house, and they should buy every single item before they get to the house. We went grocery shopping before we get to the house, and then we found we need to go out and buy supply. But everyone was so tired after a long flight. This is just something the management company should consider. We definitely will consider other vacation rental company next time.
Vincent G., Irwindale, CA, 5.16.12
- We loved the floor plan, it was perfect for two couples. Lots of room. The gal at the desk at the condo office was not very friendly . She just wanted the parking fee and that was it. It would have been nice for the condo to have a listing of resturants, things to do in the area, etc. Some recommendations. We liked Betty's, Buba Gumps, Maui Brewing Company had fantastic onion rings, Dollies Pub was also very good. Did not like Moose McGuil (something). Loved the whale watching and the dinner cruise with the save the whales group. Highly recommend both as a have to do. We recommend that the owners of the unit we stayed in need to do some work - painting ceilings/walls, replacing all window treatments, the bed in the downstairs bedroom was extremely uncomfortable and adding a TV to the downstairs bedroom would be nice. Location was great, close to so much. It really needs to be updated. I would recommend that you as well as the property manager not be part of that unit until it has some work done to it. Others that we talked to at the pool said the units they were staying in were great and would return. Thanks for your help with the car. We will definitely recommend your organization to those we know traveling to your great state.
Karen S., Sleepy Eye, MN, 1.24.12
- I liked the location of the home. Customer service was great. Best part was the accomadation in the home. We when out to eat 4 time and they were all great. Best pictrue was at the pool. My advice is try to stay longer. I would recoment the parssailing. Best tip? did not receive any. We did everything that we planned. I will recommend Vacation Rental Agent to any one going to Hawaii. We had a great time at the Sea Shell Home. Caroline was a great help. I hope we can stay again.
Reba S., Sedona, Arizona, 6.27.11
- The facilities were fantastic. The customer service we received from everyone was great at both the front desk and the Activity Conceirge. We would highly recommend this condo complex to everyone as well as come back again. The suite was stocked with everything we needed. Dukes is a wonderful restraunt, the small store had a wide variety of anything you could possibly want. We did feel that it was advertised as a one bedroom unit and did not realize that it was a studio suite. Additionally the air conditioner was locked we could not use the air conditioning at all. But these are small details and certainly not enough to worry about. Overall this was my best holiday experience we would do it all over again. Debbie Gable & Bill Wheeler
Bill W., Edmonton, Alberta, 1.31.11
- Sea Shells is a stunning house in a fantastic location. On a beautiful beach yet very private. Great snorkelling up the beach and even better at Black Rock to the south - turtles, eels and an eagle ray. Great golf at Ka'anapali Royal. Recommend the Lanai dolphin experiences with Maui Adventure Cruises from Lahaina.
Tim B., Woking, Surrey, 10.31.10
- This house is perfection the heated pool is outstanding. It was a dream vacation for our family and we very sad to leave paradise
Brian F., La Grange, IL, 2.3.10
- everything was absolutely perfect. No other way to put it. We will be back!
Kari D., Priest Lake, Idaho, 4.6.09
- We had a great time there. it was spacious and nice to have us all in one place. it was hard to go to a condo , for the last 4 days of our trip:< Alan, our greeter was great and very accessible when we needed it. it was very relaxing!
Mary G., 4.18.08
- All of my family enjoyed our trip to Maui but the extra and unexpected treat was the home. Its layout and original art were great. Thanks
Alek G., Cottonwood, Az, 7.23.07
- We had a wonderful time! The house was everything we could have hoped for!
Kenneth R., Danville, CA, 11.29.06