- kaanapali vacation reviews
- The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need at beach home with amenities on your doorstep. Fantastic sunsets! One of the most beautiful beaches in the world is 15-20min walk along the beach, however the beach you are looking at from this apartment is nice too. Despite proximity to swimming pool apartment is quiet and you can listen to the sound of ocean waves. Definitely recommended.
Vlad C., Auckland, New Zealand, 7.18.17
- The "Sea Shells beach house" if anything, is even better than advertised. After many different rentals in Hawaii we can say this was undeniably the best. Adding to our great experience was the absolute excellence of the management company on site. I wouldn't change a thing. We cannot wait to repeat the experience. Mahalo, Mark Cowett and family
Mark C., Bozeman, MT, 2.10.16
- Really loved this condo. Was in a great location and very easy to get in and out of from the main highway. Nice and very clean and quiet complex. Will book here again for sure and would recommend. Only complaint would be on the lighting and seating in the den. Another chair and couple more lamps would be nice. Having A/C was great and loved the updated unit overall.
Jennifer C., 7.30.14
- The location of 159 is ideal, great views and nice breeze. The refrigerator water/ice mechanism is broken, the ice gets stuck in the chute. You need a ceiling fan in the master bedroom, it is too hot back there unless you turn down the AC unit. The ceiling fan in the kitchen and TV room is fine, but it should be moved closer to the middle of the room so the entire room gets the breeze, this and the master bedroom fan if added will reduce using the AC unit and save money, both are very simple fixes. I would update the furniture as well. Also, you should work out a deal with the hotel so condo renters can use the hotel amenities, weight room, pool towels. We did not have any beach towels, we had to go and buy them. Overall, a great time, but you need some updates.
Peter D., 7.9.14
- The Accomodations were excellent. Our only complaint is that there were only 4 bath towels in the unit and we had 5 people, so we had to use one of our pool towels as a bath towel.
Jon B., 6.9.14
- The Resort itself was in a great location and beautiful setting. This particular unit I would not go back to. It has all of the original everything in it. From the front door and door mat that made you feel like the unit was filthy once you walked in the doors. The kitchen was not furnished with updated anything.from no "glass" wear other than plastic mixed matched to dishes on unlined original cabinets. Made you feel like you needed to run everything through a dishwasher before using the dishes/glasses, etc. I would recommend the resort but not this unit until such time as they went through and "cleaned" it up.
Jill J., Bend, OR, 5.19.14
- The accommodation, location, and atmosphere was all great for our recent stay at Mahana, providing us with a very good vacation experience. The view from unit 706 spectacular. The unit itself was great and the furnishings, over all very good. We found the bathroom fixtures becoming somewhat dated. Particularly the tub faucet not functioning completely, but overall did not take away from our enjoyable stay. We would definitely consider staying at the Mahana, and / or Unit 706, on our next visit to Maui. Best regards, Wayne Y
Wayne Y., 4.26.14
- We LOVED this house! Location was incredible, but the level of service was beyond that. The house was incredibly clean and well-supplied. The layout was utilitarian (in a good way) and the house was infinitely comfortable. We were so very happy there, almost unbelieving that we could be somewhere so.. Wow. We would recommend the house and the rental company to anyone without reserve. An incredible week that we can only hope to replicate closely sometime in the future.
Teri S., Waxhaw, NC, 4.23.14
- We had a great stay and loved the condo.
Frank M., 4.7.14
- The room was very clean. I did not have any beach towels and did not realize I had to get these thourgh the rental company. It was very inconvenient returning the keys. I went by shuttle. I had my brother retrurn the keys. I asked if the keys could be left in the unit. The answer was no. I did not have a car. I don't know if the shuttle would charge an extra fee. As far as services from the rental company, I recieved none. I have rented from other companies and I had trash removal, replacement of towels, etc. The men and women who worked in the Honua Kai were very pleasant but I was not entitled to any services from them. The unit and the property is beautiful. I would recommend the property but might prefer to rent from the owner directly. Pat Egan-Myers
Pat E., 3.17.14
- the unit was nice ,location is great . we had problems with our keys and couldnt get in our unit ,went to talk to front desk and they told me they would take care of it ,five days later somebody showed up . what a pain . Over all we had a good time here and for two couples it was a perfect unit.
Justin A., 2.16.14
- 3.5/5. Room was lovely and spacious. Some small issues with drains, taps, kitchen appliances and the room we had was close to the hwy so it could get noisy. Great deck, beautiful pool, room was great. We stayed with 4 adults and 2 small kids. Great value for the money and perfect for families. Would book again no question if it was closer to the beach.
Brooke B., 2.16.14
- This was a very special family time- We were there to celebrate my husbands 65th birthday with the entire family but it got even better when we learned our first grandchild will be making an appearnace in May!!! No better place to celebrate! It was a hop, skip and jump into the most beautiful reef I have experinced in Hawaii. I really appreciated that we were able to do a late check out. The home exceeded our expectations and my children decided they were not leaving. We had a great time and Duane summed it up by saying, "This was the BEST birthday celebration ever!" Thank you for your recommendation of Chef Gwen pu-pu's on the beach during sunset and amazing dinner served on the lanai was amazing. We all decided we were full of pu-pu and unable to really enjoy here stellar meal! Thank you for assisting us on a very memorable vacation experince! Beth Beers, Socorro, NM
Elizabeth B., Socorro, NM, 10.16.13
- We came for our honeymoon and could not be happier ! Everything was just wonderful. The condo is beautiful and tasteful, the view breathtaking and the complex outstanding ! I can not recommend this property enough !
Michael P., 9.9.13
- We just returned last night from the best Maui vacation ever! Kai-Konea 539 was by far the best place for us to stay. We loved everything about this unit, the space, the natural light, a full kitchen, the spacious lanai and of course the amazing wrap around view! We were very pleased to have shade in the afternoon and could sit on the lanai any time of day. I would absolutely book this unit again and again and would definitely recommend this place to friends. Honua Kai has a nice easy beach for snorkeling but is also just minutes away from Kapalua Bay where my kids and I snorkeled several times this trip (free parking, snack stand shade/umbrellas and other equipment for rent). My kids also loved the pool at Honua Kai. My parents joined us and they too were thrilled with the accomodations. Vacation Rental Agent was great to work with. I can't wait until my next Maui visit.
Kay W., 9.3.13
- Place was easy to book and booking agent was providing all needed informations in abundance and in timely manner. Rental was in excellent condition and very clean. Place has wonderful views, and is spacious and warmly decorated. My family has felt welcomed and have enjoyed in-door, pool and exploring around tremendously. Some wonderfull beaches are in walking and 5min drive proximity. We would heartfelt recommend the rental.
Gordana N., 3.5.13
- Great condo. only issues were poor lighting (for reading) in the master bedroom, the TV didn't seem to get H D, and knives that couldn't cut anything !! Great spot.
Chuck M., Camino, CA, 2.20.13
- fine place. worth the investment. quiet, but surrounded by activity
Nick P., Portland, OR, 11.29.12
- Sea Shells Beach House was the perfect fit for our family! It was pure luxury with the added touches to make it accessible for my wheelchair bound son. The house was immaculate, and closets stocked with enough bath and pool towels to last a week! The concierge staff was wonderful and went out of their way to get everything we needed including groceries. Special thanks to Sandy for spending hours finding a bath chair and bed rails for my son. The entire house and back yard is paradise. We look forward to coming back next year!
Suzanne D., San antonio, TX, 7.29.12
- The Mahana is built so that every apartment gets ocean front view. And the view is spectacular. Unit 906 has not been updated and is showing its age, it does not represent a $900k property. Would we go back? Yes, for the location and the view. Duke's restaurant next door was very good. Pat and Cindy
Patrick M., ARVADA, CO, 5.16.12
- We loved the floor plan, it was perfect for two couples. Lots of room. The gal at the desk at the condo office was not very friendly . She just wanted the parking fee and that was it. It would have been nice for the condo to have a listing of resturants, things to do in the area, etc. Some recommendations. We liked Betty's, Buba Gumps, Maui Brewing Company had fantastic onion rings, Dollies Pub was also very good. Did not like Moose McGuil (something). Loved the whale watching and the dinner cruise with the save the whales group. Highly recommend both as a have to do. We recommend that the owners of the unit we stayed in need to do some work - painting ceilings/walls, replacing all window treatments, the bed in the downstairs bedroom was extremely uncomfortable and adding a TV to the downstairs bedroom would be nice. Location was great, close to so much. It really needs to be updated. I would recommend that you as well as the property manager not be part of that unit until it has some work done to it. Others that we talked to at the pool said the units they were staying in were great and would return. Thanks for your help with the car. We will definitely recommend your organization to those we know traveling to your great state.
Karen S., Sleepy Eye, MN, 1.24.12
- I liked the location of the home. Customer service was great. Best part was the accomadation in the home. We when out to eat 4 time and they were all great. Best pictrue was at the pool. My advice is try to stay longer. I would recoment the parssailing. Best tip? did not receive any. We did everything that we planned. I will recommend Vacation Rental Agent to any one going to Hawaii. We had a great time at the Sea Shell Home. Caroline was a great help. I hope we can stay again.
Reba S., Sedona, Arizona, 6.27.11
- The facilities were fantastic. The customer service we received from everyone was great at both the front desk and the Activity Conceirge. We would highly recommend this condo complex to everyone as well as come back again. The suite was stocked with everything we needed. Dukes is a wonderful restraunt, the small store had a wide variety of anything you could possibly want. We did feel that it was advertised as a one bedroom unit and did not realize that it was a studio suite. Additionally the air conditioner was locked we could not use the air conditioning at all. But these are small details and certainly not enough to worry about. Overall this was my best holiday experience we would do it all over again. Debbie Gable & Bill Wheeler
Bill W., Edmonton, Alberta, 1.31.11
- Sea Shells is a stunning house in a fantastic location. On a beautiful beach yet very private. Great snorkelling up the beach and even better at Black Rock to the south - turtles, eels and an eagle ray. Great golf at Ka'anapali Royal. Recommend the Lanai dolphin experiences with Maui Adventure Cruises from Lahaina.
Tim B., Woking, Surrey, 10.31.10
- This house is perfection the heated pool is outstanding. It was a dream vacation for our family and we very sad to leave paradise
Brian F., La Grange, IL, 2.3.10
- great location & view, clean & comfortable
Kelly F., 7.23.07
- The condo was clean and comfortable with a nice view of the golf course and the ocean in the distance. We had a great time and we would certainly consider staying at the Kaanapali Royal again.
Alice T., Santa Maria, CA, 11.27.06
- the condo was more spacious than i had hoped, it was well kept up and worked out exceedingly well for our tirp, i would stay there again if in maui without a second thought.
Andrew M., Los Angeles, CA, 9.21.06
- I shared the unit with 5 friends. We were all visiting for a wedding at the Royal Lahaina which is nearby. The condo was a very inexpensive alternative to a hotel. The unit went beyond my expectations. We all had a great time. It was clean and spacious, plenty of room to accomodate 6. The kitchen was stocked with pots and pans for cooking and the blender mixed tasty tropical beverages all week long. rnIt is a 5 minute walk to the beach through a golf course. The whole area was really nice and the locals living in the KR were very accomodating as well. They made us feel right at home. Our unit had long distance views of the ocean and nearby hills, as well as the golf course and beach resorts. rnOverall a great time was had. You won't regret staying here. You'll save a bundle if you have 5 or 6 people in your party.
Todd W., Los Angeles, CA, 9.20.06
- Still feeling the ALOHA from our visit I send you hello and many thanks from California. I am a travel agent for AAA. I have stayed at the Whaler many times but this experience by far, with your company has been THE BEST!!!. Though you are not one of our prefered partners I will; without hesitation recommend your company to my members. The experience from the beginning was welcoming, EASY and imformative. We got to choose our room(photos were great help). We got to check the availability and customize it too. (daily maid service; though we did have to call and remind them to come the first day. After 4PM they showed up, but after that they were great)rnWhen I had questions or concerns the member service persons were very helpful. Only suggestion I would make is maybe lumping the maid service with room rate as an option. I will forever use your company when traveling to Hawaii. I don't remember the persons that assisted us but I would like to let managmen
Mark S., Castro Valley, CA, 8.20.06
- Nice & comfortable. Pretty view of sunset. Well maintained complex.
Diane S., 7.31.06