- Kihei vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 204
Kihei vacation reviews
- The location and layout of the condo was perfect but it was filthy. We arrived to dead cockroaches on the floor and it looked like no one had cleaned for a year. Cockroach traps were on the kitchen and bathroom counters and dead cockroaches were in the cabinets. We had to wash the dishes before using them and the cupboards haven't been cleaned in a year. Our feet were black from walking on the floors that hadn't been washed, inches of dust were everywhere and the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. I was going to clean them but there wasn't any glass cleaner.
- The bathroom floor was disgusting and the hair ball in the shower indicated it hadn't been cleaned.
- We couldn't stand the filth but had to go buy a sponge because the one under the sink wasn't fit to clean a toilet. I tried to mop the floors, but the mop was so filthy that it just spread the dirt around. We washed the sheets before sleeping on them which was not a good way to start a vacation.
- Something gross was spilled on the bathroom door and the fridge door was covered with grime.
- Cockroaches ran out of the coffee pot, toaster and oven when we tried to use them. We planned on having meals at the condo but we didn't want to get sick.
- We understand that pests are common in Maui, but in our over 20 trips to paradise we've never seen anything like this.
- You need to get a refund from your cleaning person and hire someone who will do a thorough cleaning. You might want to check the condition of the unit before guests arrive.
- We love the Island Surf! We would not recommend this unit or book it again until it met minimal cleanliness standards.
- We have photos available of the conditions we faced if you are interested in addressing them with your cleaning crew.
Gary W., Seattle, WA, 10.17.19
- My family and I recently stayed at Hale Lanui for 10 days, and we had a wonderful experience! We had a family of six and had plenty of room in the 4 bedrooms. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have twin beds, one king bedroom, and one queen. The house does have a spiral staircase inside, but you can carry luggage to the top bedrooms by using the outside staircase to the upper deck, so it was no trouble to do it that way.
- Both upper and lower decks offered marvelous views of the ocean. The house is right beside Kalama Park, where the adorable little leaguers played ball on weekday afternoons (we were there in mid-April). When you're sitting on the lower deck, there is a walking/jogging path that goes right by the house, so you do get some park joggers and walkers going by during the day and evening. Tennis courts and basketball courts are a VERY short walk away (pretty much right next door), and my niece enjoyed shooting hoops in the evenings. The park does close at 10pm, so it was quiet at night and did not cause any issues with any disturbances while we were there.
- There is just a ton of stuff to do in Kihei, and lots of restaurant options and beach options nearby. The house is about a 30-40 min drive to Lahaina, entirely depending on time of day and traffic. It's a gorgeous drive, and we did it at least four times while we were there. One of our favorite things we did in Lahaina was take a glassblowing lesson at Moana Glass. If you do this, ask for Tyler. He was AWESOME. You can pick what you want to make, and then they teach you the basics of glassblowing and give you some hands-on instruction while you make your piece. It was fun, informative, and we got to take home some unique souvenirs that we made ourselves to remember our Maui trip!
- The house has everything you could possibly need as far as kitchen items and bedding, and did have a hair dryer available as well. We even found packing tape and a Sharpie in the kitchen drawer when we were trying to ship packages back home! So really...you should be all set with whatever you need. There are also several grocery stores very close by so you can buy any food or drinks that you may need.
- I can't say enough about the private pool in the backyard. Even though the house is close to the park, the way it's set up you would never know it when you're in the pool area. The landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it provides all the privacy you could want. The pool area also comes equipped with loads of fun things like noodles or balls that you can play with in the pool. There are two sets of large washers and dryers in a shed-type area outside that provide lots of room for washing towels or clothes. The hot tub is wonderful, and we divided our time between soothing hot tub jets and refreshing pool water. There are LOTS of beach towels provided at the house as well. Jessica is the property manager there and she was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. She lives right next door so she is readily available for anything you might need. We met the owners as well while there and they were wonderful. We also met Snickers the sweet neighborhood cat, who spent a lot of time with us outside lounging on the lower deck (maaaaybe because we fed her food and treats, but shhh. Don't tell anyone!). This house is about three blocks from the busy main road in Kihei, but the way it's positioned, you would never know it. I recommend this house to anyone who wants a fairly quiet house that's still close to a lot of Kihei action. I also want to thank Hawaiian Beach Rentals for all their help with the booking and payment. Thanks for a memorable, relaxing stay on Maui! I hope we will be able to return soon. :)
Lisa N., Roanoke, VA, 4.27.19
- Though this is an older building we found it very clean and well maintained. The two lanais provided great cross ventilation and we did not require air conditioning at all. The location is great and the park across the street is never endingly ineresting with something going on most of the time and the pathway providing an easy excersize opportunity and a great sunset watching site! Watching the surfing and paddle boarding parade each morning made our day. The only downside was the traffic noise but it was a small price to pay for the view.
Julie O., Kamloops, BC, 3.30.19
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Koa Lagoon #502. The grounds were beautifully maintained, including a very clean pool. The condo itself was very nice and had everything we needed. I especially liked having a washer/dryer combo in our unit. The view of the ocean was fabulous and we have pictures of stunning sunsets. It is ideally located in Kehei, being close to restaurants and shopping, as well as locations further south such as Wailea as well as to the north, such as Lahaina and the airport. A couple of recommendations to make the condo better would be: clean the bathroom better, particularly the sink counter and the tub area, and provide a hair dryer. We would certainly recommend this condo and the Koa Lagoon complex to anyone, and would love to stay there again.
Mary K., Oregon City, OR, 2.14.19
- Aloha We enjoyed Koa Lagoon condo 606 very much So peaceful, private, clean, nice walking beach, , views, beautiful sunsets and sunrises The lanai was do spacious and comfortable that we had breakfast and dinner on the lanai daily. Julie Waters was very good to work with, very responsive and friendly. I would definitely rent again and recommend. It was exactly what we were looking for. Only 2 things to look into: the water filter dispenser on the refrigerator works, but it floods underneath, (cleaned up and didn't use it) and the dishwasher was so creaky, it sounded like it would fall apart. Minor things, but thought you would want to know. Mahalo
Carol W., Palm Desert, CA, 9.26.18
- We loved Mango Surf Beach front villa- excellent location, wonderful experience. Booking was easy. Very clean. We enjoyed it very much. We would recommend. Points for improvement:
- It was frustrating not knowing until we were leaving the airport to drive there if we were going to be able to check in early or not. Also confusing- when I booked I was sent an email about concierge services and a contact, who I booked 3 trips through. When I spoke with Jane about our contact for check in she said that I should have used someone else? Also simple questions like what type of coffeemaker/coffee is needed couldn't be answered until landing. The dishwasher needs to be attached to the cabinet- it tips out when opened.
Angela T., Salem, OR, 7.30.18
- Very good place to stay. View is great. All amenties are good and useful. Defintely recommend others. Only concern was the old lock that was hard to open.
Johnny M., Virginia Beach, VA, 1.21.18
- We just returned from a week at the Hale Lanui house and we LOVED every minute of it. Great house, fantastic location, pool is amazing, room to spread out. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids ranging from 8 to 12 and we all had plenty of space. The two living spaces gave the kids plenty of place to play and the adults plenty of more quiet space. The yard was amazing, private and quiet. The pool gets great shade in the morning and late afternoon. The 2 washers and 2 dryers were great too! nice to come home with very little dirty clothing. There are plenty of towels and umbrellas provided. The kitchen is well stocked with everything that we needed. Go to the house before doing your shopping as they have lots of things already like oil and salt. Jessica, the property manager, was wonderful. We had questions about the alarm and the pool sweep and she took care of us immediately. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Maui. My only complaint.... time went by too fast.
Lyndsey E., San Jose, CA, 8.15.17
- Everything about this home was exceptional. We wanted for nothing. The location was perfect and the home beautiful. The home was clean and the booking agent, Tyler as well as the property manager, Yvonne went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would absolutely book this rental again and recommend it to a friend. One of the best parts of the trip was the private chef that came in to prepare dinner for the family one evening. He and his staff were extremely professional and the food fabulous. Every course was enjoyed and raved about! Please recommend him to guests in the future! We used Allain De Leon of 'Got Chef Maui'.
Annamarie P., Laguna Beach, CA, 10.19.16
- The place was clean and spacious the rain head shower was the best.
Theresa V., Merrillville, IN, 8.6.16
- We had wonderful time. The house was a great accommodation for our large blended family. Plenty of room for all and all amenities we needed were provided. The onsite caretaker was nice, prompt to respond to requests or concerns and helpful. We would both, book this rental again and refer to friends.
Martha R., Gilbert, AZ, 7.21.16
- Absolutely the best location near everything without driving. Easily handled our three generation family and the on site caretaker was a gem. Otherwise all of the other items listed above were above what we expected, and our booking agent Paige Peterson was great! Only (-) thing about VRA was the concierge service NEVER did get back to me about what to plan for our blank day 12 hours between checkout and our plane departure.
Gretchen K., White Bear Lake, MN, 3.31.16
- We felt Maui Sunset 302B is part of a wonderful complex. The maui sunset as a whole has great facilities. however the unit itself needed updating, it lacked a number of basic utensils in the kitchen, i.e.: knives for preparing food. As is we would not choose Maui sunset 302B again but would be happy to look for another unit in the complex.
Sarah A., Coldstream, BC, 3.28.16
- The Maui Sunset complex is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate, they have a great pool and wonderful ocean front access. The specific room 401A was a disappointment. It is very old and dated. There was rust in the bathtub, there is only the bare minimum for dishes and utensils. I don't think there have been any upgrades to this condo since it was built in the 1970s. The cupboards are showing serious wear and there is unfinished tile work in the kitchen. On a positive note, they did offer Netfix which was a nice surprise. I would highly recommend the Maui Sunset complex, but I would never recommend unit 401A. We had family staying in two other units at the Maui Sunset and those rooms were terrific. It is likely we would stay at the Maui Sunset again but in a different unit.
Franshesca H., 3.10.16
- We had a wonderful stay! The condo was lovely, fully equipped with everything we could need. Loads of linens and towels, and hangers! Simple, but there are never enough hangers! Enjoyed the beach, made good use of the hot tub! Booking was easy and directions simple. Would definately book again! Thank you!
Karen B., Seattle, WA, 2.22.16
- When doing the original booking of this property in Mar 2015 - Bronson Balles was fantastic. We have used his services multiple times and every time i've had nothing but outstanding service! The quality of the Aloha Villas was above our expectations and it was a perfect set up for our High Performance Swim Program.
Vancouver National Swim Centre C., Palo Alto, CA, 2.15.16
- Overall quality: We were very satisfied with the rental. Location in Kihei was great. Loved the beach access. Furniture was very comfortable. Cleanliness was excellent. Outside common areas were clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing. Why a rating of 4 and not a 5 is because of the floor design i.e., the bedroom window is alongside a common corridor so one needs to keep the curtains closed for privacy. Even still, we would recommend staying at the Maui Sunset, and we would stay here again ourselves.
Norma M., Pinole, CA, 2.10.16
- I would definitely recommend Menehune Shores 320 as a great place to stay. We would book again and recommend it to friends. It is easy to access with a car and the location is central which allowed us to drive to many different locations on the island. Our rental unit was well equipped and the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms were perfect for 2 couples. We had a great view of the ocean and enjoyed many sunrises and sunsets. The booking agent was available by email or phone.
Louise C., New Norway, AB, 2.7.16
- The unit could easily be a 5 star. It needs the owners' TLC. They obviously do not visit regularly. As a consequence, they do not see issues like poor housekeeping, missing equipment, etc... The unit was very dirty when we arrived. We had to go on hands and knees to wash the floors. We had to get a professional to clean the rugs, a $80 charge. The TV is unacceptable! the DSL internet connection was very poor, and the TV package did not include the main channels like CNN in HD. Additionally, the HDMI ports would not work, preventing the ability to cast from our own devices. Plus no elevator for a month!
John M., Los Altos, CA, 1.11.16
- Unit was clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of the beach, water and sunsets. Kitchen has most of what we needed and all appliances were in good working order. The couple of issues that came up were quickly settled with a call to the owner/and or contact. The facility has a wonderful pool and roof top BBQ area and every Menehune Shores guest we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Would recommend it to our friends.
Mary K., VANCOUVER, WA, 11.3.15
- Hale Lanui is a lively, well equipped home. Our check-in was easy the property manager was very responsive. We are grateful that the bedrooms had recently had air conditioners installed. We were there during a heat wave and it would have been unbearable. It would be nice if the owners installed a unit in the downstairs living room. Even with all of the fans going and windows open it was extremely hot indoors. The beds and pillows were comfortable and bath and kitchens all very nice. Plenty of space for our party of 8. Just very hot this particular week!
Audra K., Dulles, VA, 9.8.15
- We had a great time at Maui Sunset. We like Kihei anyway, and had never booked here before. We found the check-in process easy and the condo was as advertised. Washer/Dryer/Refrig/Stove all worked well. The kitchen had been upgraded with marble countertops. A/C in all rooms although we didn't use it much as there is a nice breeze when the sliding door and front door are open. Its close to the pool and shuffleboard court and the kids really enjoyed being able to walk out the porch onto the lawn. We would definitely consider this unit again!
Lester J., Escondido, CA, 4.9.15
- - Quality; owner apparently does not exactly know the definition of quality, otherwise the floors would be clean, batteries would be in the smoke detectors and enough supplies would be provided for the length of stay booked. - Customer service did not exist, tried to contact the owner by email to no avail. - Cleanliness - since floors are 100% tile, they need to be mopped clean. - I would not recommend to a friend. Would probably try and find something better. - Best part of the trip was that apparently the complex bug control was good, as didn't see any creepy crawling insects, which are quite common in this area. But then I doubt that is something the owner has to do, so there you have it!
David G., Olympia, WA, 3.26.15
- We enjoyed our stay at 118B The room was nice overall but the mattress is warn and should be replaced (not recommended for those with bad backs). The location is awesome (near the pool). The hotel is in a nice location and the grounds are beautiful. The pool and hot tub are very nice. One thing is that the beach has a lot of coral which can be hard on the feet. Apart from the uncomfortable mattress and miner maintenance issues (washer agitator broken, leaky shower in hall bathroom, which I am sure will be repaired since we reported them) it was a nice relaxing stay.
Michael S., North Pole, AK, 3.24.15
- If I had known what I was getting in to I wouldn't have rented it. it was advertised as having a dish washer which it didn't. it was closed up and needed aired out when we got there, the smell was pretty strong. After a few days we realized we were directly over the trash dump when the trash collector pulled up outside our window. That explained all the flies.
Gary Y., Barberton, OH, 2.26.15
- We highly recommend the Maui Sunset. We paid more to get 518A which is a very well equiped 2 bedroom unit facing the water with a great ocean view.
Carl J., 2.23.15
- Beautiful spot and lovely grounds. Unit was in terrible need of repair. Paint peeling and all marked up, rust in bathrooms and kitchen cabinets falling apart. Carpet on balcony all torn up and furniture extremely outdated and dirty. Place was filthy, bugs, bedding and towels worn out and would never stay there again.
Duayne B., Coarsegold, CA, 2.21.15
- Love the location and complex. Exercise room was less than inspiring and this suite which has a very nice layout was just a little "tired"-torn carpet on the lanai, older appliances-stove especially and so on. As a base to explore the island this is a good choice.and will rent from you again. Service was good and friendly desk staff made the stay more enjoyable. Many thanks, Bill Sainsbury, Victoria, B.C.
William S., Saanichton, BC, 1.29.15
- First off, even though all communications from VRA indicated we would be staying in unit a-206, we were given unit b-202 not a-206. The customer service of the booking agent was great, really one of the only enjoyable parts of my experience with this rental. When we arrived at the building we informed by the person on the courtesy phone that our unit was b-202. Surprise. We obtained our key and were immediately confronted by the security guard demanding to know if I replaced the lock box. I informed him that I had, he said "well one is still missing". I fail to see how that is my concern. As we then attempted to proceed to our unit he barked at us to "whoa, hold on, wait a minute!". I don't even remember what he was demanding us, I was tired. We had been traveling for 16 hours by this point. I didn't need that nor did I appreciate his tone. Thank you for the "warm" welcome to Maui. The unit was dank and dusty and smelled overwhelming of fake flower carpet freshener. The sheets were old and worn and really used looking. I looked for a better set and found the next set was so full of holes it was like cheesecloth. Seriously. I would love to say I'm exaggerating. I did find a set that looked reasonable. The pillows were stained. Long and short of it was we were so uncomfortable with the idea of sleeping in that bed that we slept on the fold out for the whole trip. The knives were so dull that cutting anything was next to useless. The pans were just barely functional. The dishes were all covered in some type of film. We ate out mostly to avoid having to cook there, which defeated the point of our getting a rental with a kitchen. I refused to walk on the carpet in bare feet, one pair of my shoes thus became dedicated indoor shoes. The unit is so close to south Kihei road that all we got to hear was cars and sirens, not waves or the breeze. The knob came off of the shower so we couldn't turn it on. My boyfriend fixed it later with a tool from his leatherman. The towels were stained. White towels covered in stains, why would you put those out?!? Really?!? There was really nothing in the way of beach equipment or toys available for our use. A couple of slightly ripped grass mats, a broken foam booggie board and a pair of flippers. That being said I bought a lovely beach umbrella for us to use during our stay and left it in the unit. Maybe the next person with the unfortunate luck of getting this unit will at least have that. The grounds of the Maui Sunset are very nice and well tended. The pool is clean with ample lounging chairs. My overall satisfaction with the unit? So very, very unsatisfied. Especially for the price of nearly $280.00 per night CAD. I will never book this rental again. I will actively dissuade any friends or family from it. We will absolutely return to Maui, but certainly not to unit b-202 at the Maui Sunset. Based on our experience with this trip we will most likely stay at a hotel. The best part of our trip? So very sadly, going home...
Jennifer S., 1.18.15
- Unit 323B at Maui Sunset is absolutely the best view in the complex. The unit is spacious and was clean. That being said, the accommodations are dismal. Beds are old and lumpy. The linens are threadbare and there were not even enough to supply our group. (3 wash clothes) Pillows were like slabs of cotton and there were not enough blankets for all the beds. Kitchen is adequately supplied but with cheap, cheap dishes and utensils. The grounds are beautiful and the pool and public areas very nice. It is a shame that you cannot swim on the beach which is right in front. The office is not very helpful. All and all I would go back to Maui Sunset but I would check out other units. I did not feel like I got a true picture from the booking agent.
Cornelia W., 1.7.15
- Great location! Right across from Kamaloe lll beach. Great amenities in the apartment we BQQ'D most nights!
Nicole S., North Van Couver, BC, 1.7.15
- Excellent location, and facilities other than the sofa bed. The sofa bed was not usable. The rental agent found a replacement and provided extra pillows. Thank you. The condo was very clean and in great condition. A set of decent knives and a broom were the only things we needed. It was a short drive to the beaches where we enjoyed surfing/paddle boarding almost daily. We would recommend this condo but would also suggest that if cost is an concern, less expensive condos were available if you have the time/resources to find them.
Kelly H., Ottawa, ON, 1.4.15
- This was a great stay for us. We had stayed at the Mana Kai 2 previous times, so we knew it was nice. The unit was great, nicely appointed and decorated, not super fancy but perfect for us. Booking was insanely easy, did it by email and never even actually talked to the agent. Mostly because I was booking airfare and making changes on the go to accommodate our schedule and flights. Overall an awesome trip for us, kids first time in Hawaii (teens) and they said it was one of our best trips. The beach access and facilities are great. Next time we go, we will try to get this same unit if we choose to stay at the mana Kai.
Jeff C., 1.1.15
- Good stuff: We loved the unit. Good views (both mountains!), quiet, perfect temperature with the cross breezes. Bed, pull out couch and day bed were all comfortable. All appliances/electronics worked well. Easy to keep clean (tile floors). Balcony is a great place to end each day. Lots of towels/linen available. Beach chairs and boogie boards available in the closet. The Maui Sunset has high quality communal BBQ's which is a brilliant idea. Meet/share a drink with lots of new friends as you cook up your fresh fish and veggies! Could be better: 2nd bathroom is very small (can't do anything about this but just a heads up to renters). Don't really need the love seat (it makes the unit a bit too cramped). Need a new clothes iron (I think the one in the unit is from the 60's). Booking was very easy. Jody L. was super-professional. Would definitely return to the same place and/or recommend to a friend. Maui rocks!
Bob M., Arnprior, ON, 12.31.14
- The Aloha Villas has my highest recommendation. I am done with hotels after my stay at the Seahorse Villa. It is a first class place inside - clean and comfortable - from the quality of the appliances to the artwork on the walls. Location was perfect - supermarket 100 meters to the east and the beach 20 meters to the west. Unbelievable sunsets every night right from the balcony. I was travelling with my Japanese wife and her family. We all had an amazing time. Will definitely be back!
Charles E., Staten Island, NY, 11.10.14
- Overall OK and WiFi excellent!! Customer service ok but no reply to direct email query Was clean enough but lots of ants that got into food. I didn't appreciate expired meat in fridge. Rental ok but probably would not book here again. Beach was not as clean as others on Maui. I also did not appreciate being requested to wash the linen when no laundry liquid was provided. I did however purchase same and washed all sheets and towels that we used. We did not use the dishwasher after one use as the drain appeared to be blocked and water ended up all over the bench. Otherwise our visit was fine, the accommodation adequate for our needs and handy for all the places we visited.
Kathryn S., Palmerston North, MWT, 10.26.14
- The booking of this place was easy to do online and quick. I got my instructions and ck in information in my email. Got to the condo, and entered with ease. Place was clean and comfortable. Nice view of the ocean. The drawback and only thing was...... i had to purchase toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, and laundry soap. I left all of what i purchased.....for the next visitors. L. Weller
Lynell W., Moreno Vally, CA, 9.24.14
- Maui Sunset is an amazing resort, we had a wonderful time. But 223B was not what we were used to at the Maui Sunset. The furniture was dirty, the carpet was dirty, one of the chairs were broken, the bed in the master bedroom was hard as a rock and there are ants everywhere in the kitchen and baths. The owner of this condo needs to redo a lot of it before taking anyone elses money.
Annette W., 8.17.14
- We loved the location of the unit. We would have liked chaise lounges on the lanai, or at least the cushions for the one that was there. Everything inside the unit was fine, although the washer as difficult to access. We also would have liked cleaning supplies, like glass cleaner, more paper towels, and cleaner for the counter tops, so we could keep things tidier. We had a great time, as I said loved the location with the grass area, away from the pool, access to the beach. Our daughter, her husband and their 3 year old were with us and there was plenty of room for everyone. Our granddaughter loved the grass, beach and pool. I would recommend this unit to others.
Sue J., 7.30.14
- The overall quality of Coral Villa was excellent. The villa is tastefully furnished with very comfortable beds. The kitchen is fully equipped and has pretty much everything you would need. The view is spectacular. We enjoyed the residential feel of the villa - it was peaceful and quiet all around us. The shops are easy to get to and within walking distance. We would stay here again.
Anne S., Lexington, SC, 7.22.14
- I enjoyed the place with my family. The quality of the 2 BR is excellent, the condition and cleanliness is excellent. I will recommend the place strongly to all family and friend. It is sure I go back to the same place on my next visit. M. Assem
Mohamed A., 5.5.14
- The location is great as well as the view from the condo. It was spacious and comfortable. The booking agent was curteous and helpful. The cleanliness of it was lacking. We found ourselves having to wash all dishes and flatware. The floors and bathrooms were not clean at all, so we had to work on getting it ready for our use.
Luz A., 4.3.14
- Had a great stay. Booking agent was SOOO helpful. Condition and cleanliness was very good apart from the cockroaches in some kitchen drawers. Would definitely book with this group again. Had a great time in Kihei, close to beach etc. Boogie boards were all broken that were left there. We left a new one. Thanks so much.
Margaret C., 3.27.14
- We spent three weeks at Maui Sunset 123B. It was a lovely condo with great views of the ocean. We enjoyed watching whales breach as we drank our morning coffee from the lanai. We also enjoyed watching the sea turtles come up close to shore. The kitchen is very well equipped. The beds are very comfortable. The living room is spacious and comfortable. The beach chairs and beach towels were very much appreciated. We will recommend Maui Sunset 123B to all of our friends and family and hope to stay here again in the future.
Deborah C., 3.25.14
- The condo was clean and the kitchen had everything you need. It is smaller than it looks on line, because of the mirrors, but it is very nice. There was no cleaning during the week or fresh towels etc. The view was wonderful and the beach pleasant however no one swam in the ocean because of the coral and shallow water. Nice pool, hot tub and child pool. Again quite small but pleasant. Their was minimal rain here though there was some on either side of us it rarely landed on us. Very windy.
Barbara M., 3.18.14
- Our stay at Nani Kai Hale 208 was wonderful. The location is great. Not busy with tourists like Kihei. We were able to enjoy watching the whales breaching in the distance and the outriggers going up and down the beach as we sat and ate out on the lanai. The condo was quiet and we were able to walk down to the farmers market and bakery in the mornings. We hope to stay here again. Just hope the owners are thinking about updating a little. The bathrooms need some attention as they were quite dirty (tubs need of scrubbing). The floors were so dirty, my feet were black from walking barefoot. There were also dust bunnies the size of my fists under the bed. These things were minor to us and we would definitely stay here again. The grounds are immaculate and the resident manager is always around and very friendly. I would wake up every morning and collect the plumeria blooms off the lawn and take them inside the condo (smell awesome). We frequently saw others sitting at the tables on the lawn by the ocean at night enjoying there wine and bar-b-que. Our best part of the trip was snorkeling. We swam with turtles and saw an eel and beautiful fish. We rented our snorkels at Boss Froggs and went to the "Dumps" (just past Wailea) to snorkel. I would definitely suggest paying the extra for the upgraded snorkel equipment so the water does not get inside the tube (there are 2 for 1 coupons in books at the airport and a lot of shopping areas). We enjoyed Mai Tai's at "Beaches" in Maalaea (happy hour 3-6). We also suggest the Luau "Feast at LELE", spendy but worth it. They serve 4 courses of different types of food as to what dance they are performing. The music is wonderful and the tables are very quaint. We did most of our touristy shopping in Lahaina. Our booking agent was very friendly and helpful in suggesting were to stay and things to do as well as where to pick up coupons for services. A big "thank you" to the owners for sharing this conveniently located condo with us. We will surely recommend this condo to friends and hope to come back soon.
Deborah M., 3.17.14
- The unit was well equiped, clean and well decorated. Great location in a quiet area of Kihei. Across the street from an ABC store and farmers market.
Karolyn S., 3.8.14
- Maui Banyan T304 was clean and a pretty condo. The rooms were comfortable and everything worked until we somehow pushed the refrigerator back too close to the wall. The freezer door would not shut properly so my daughter had to lift it up a little and shove really hard to get it to close...WELL..it pushed the whole thing to close to the wall (I WOULD SUGGEST THAT A BOARD BE MOUNTED ON THE WALL TO STOP IT FROM BEING PUSHED BACK TOO FAR. The cooling process stopped and when we returned at the end of the day, the temp inside the refer was 75 and our food was spoiled. The office was closed and I had to call the emergency help people, He instructed me to pull the thing out from the wall and see if that would fix it...which it did.. WE had a light burn out in the bathroom (no windows) and it took 2 days to get that fixed. The vacuum did not work so we could not clean. It appeared that the faucets in the master bathrooms were loose and leaking under the sinks...HOWEVER, the condo itsself is wonderful..it just may be time for a few repairs. Next time I think I will pay extra for an ocean view and hope that I get as nice a place as T 304 is. Thanks.
Janell E., Issaquah, WA, 2.25.14
- The poolside bungalow was fantastic. Clean, comfortable and so close to the beach. The Owner was friendly and really went out of her way to make us comfortable and added so many nice touches. I would definitely come back.
Customer #5394515, 1.28.14
- Everything was just as described and property manager was such a great and patient host. Looking forward to visiting again and will certainly use your company to book our place to stay - thanks again!
Customer #5381648, 1.28.14
- Hale Lele Villa was so much more than we expected! We had 16 in our group and all were very pleased. We would definitely stay there again. The views from the decks are awesome! It was clean, beautifully landscaped and the gourmet kitchen had what we needed. I would recommend this place to friends and family.
Customer #5039051, 1.28.14
- It was all fantastic, and the only low point was my trip to the E.R. and an overnight non-rest in the hospital! We all loved the house, the hostess (Scarlett, and Tim, too) the gardens and everything! The location was superb. We hope for a return visit in a few years. Many, many thanks for all of it!
Customer #4973989, 1.28.14
- We had a family of 14 and this home was perfect for us; everyone had a place to sleep; everyone did their own thing during day and we gathered together for all evening meals. The adventurous adults did the zip line which they loved and would do it again. We went to a laua and it was fun; I was a little disappointed in the sugar train ride for the kids; the plantation ride was much better! We ate at local restaurants in Kiehei and all was good; we ate at the Aloha Plate and Grill in Lahiana and would go back there again. The sunsets in Keihei were gorgeous. We golfed the Emerald Course at Walliea and would do that again, what a gorgeous place! We rented a photographer to come and take our family picture and they were wonderful to work with. I am really tired!
Customer #843170, 1.28.14
- We loved the pool area and being so close to the beach. We also appreciated a dining room that seated 12. That's exactly how many people we had and it was great having everyone around the table! Scarlett was very helpful as well. There were lots of supplies and the "welcome" goodie basket was great. We miss the pineapples in the morning! The customer service was great. The best part of the trip was having all of our immediate family together for a week in such a beautiful home. The best restaurant we found was the Waterfront Restaurant in Maalea. It is tucked away in a condo and we really found the food and the setting wonderful. We also went with the whole family to the Old Lahaina Luau - although we have been a couple of times before it is always worth visiting again. The best picture we have is all of us at the Luau. My advice to someone staying at this unit would be that although the house is lovely there is no direct access to the pool from the house unless it through a bedroom or the lower unit (or if you go outside and walk around). The part of my (our) trip I would recommend is the bike ride down from the crater. We had some family members do this and they loved it! Be prepared - you have to be up and about at 2:00 a.m.! Also snorkeling off the beach by the house was great! Better than the snorkeling trip we paid for. The Pineapple Plantation was also fun. We learned how to open coconuts which was fascinating for the children - they came home and did a coconut opening for "sharing" at school. I'm not sure we received any insider tips on this trip as we have been to the island a number of times but the Property Manager was most helpful when our grandson needed a trip to the emergency room (nothing serious). We wouldn't have known where to go if not for her. All in all, it was a wonderful time in a house that accommodated us all very nicely. A trip our family will always fondly remember.
Customer #220100, 1.28.14
- The house was flawless, and the caretakers were incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was absolutely prime, with everything you want within a 2-3 minute walk. Loved the private pool courtyard, and everyone from ages 1-85 in our group had a great time.
Customer #132460, 1.28.14
- The house was perfect and we had a great time. We would stay in this house again.
Customer #81430, 1.28.14
- Rental agent was great, very helpful, good followup without being pushy or annoying. The place is beautiful, great view, well kept and clean. Property manager very helpful, quick responses. Decor beautiful, appliances, bathrooms beautiful, great starter supplies... Only negative it is right next to beach access with car parking, so not as private, few homeless/harmless people around , but still very nice. Also very accessible to groceries, activities, shopping, highway. Super amazing sunsets!
Claudia K., Dallas, TX, 1.28.14
- The Coral Villa, upstairs unit, had a view that was breathtaking. We enjoyed many meals on the lanai watching rainbows (including a double rainbow) and beautiful sunsets. The rooms were spacious and very well decorated; the many amenities provided were welcome. I enjoyed the five head shower system although it took some getting used to the operations. The only problems we had concerned the door locks to open up the lanai but the Property manager was very cooperative and helpful in providing the maintenance service when we needed it. Overall, our party of six were completely comfortable throughout our stay and enjoyed the facility tremendously. The access to the beach, the pool facility, chairs & other beach items available to us, helped make this a vacation that will be remembered, and relived in our memories, for years to come. This is the ideal place to stay during a Maui vacation; we would highly recommend it to family and friends and stay here again if the opportunity arises. One of the highlights was paddle-boarding with the sea turtles that visited our beach right in front of the Coral Villa. Thank you for this experience.
Tina and Tim H., Katy, TX, 1.14.14
- Kamaole Sands 10-417 is a very nice size 3 bedroom unit with a bathroom for each bedroom. It is close to BBQ and beach. Problem with 10-417 is the condition of some of the amenities and cleanliness. The kitchen faucet is in poor condition, dryer did not dry, wall switch for dining table was broke, switch plate for balcony was missing. Toaster half worked, blender missing gasket and entry screen door needs attention. Real disappointment was in the cleanliness of the unit. Potato chips in my son's room on the floor, some cooking utensils had food on them. Tile floor in kitchen floor was like it had not been washed in several visits and there were numerous spots on the dining room carpet that should have been cleaned. We washed most every item we used in the kitchen. On a positive note the bathrooms were exceptionally clean. I don't think I would recommend this unit to a friend or stay here again. Our trip to maui was nice and highlighted by the turtles that were close to the beach area and a wonderful Luau that we went to at the Westin near Kaanapali. I recommend this Luau to all. Five Stars! Ken
Kenneth N., 1.11.14
- The unit had alot of cockroaches.
Laura B., 1.9.14
- Had most needed utensils and basic needs to start with. Great place with access to child friendly beach 5 mins from the condo. The orientation given by Jenie and Darcy were good and was easy to plan events. It would help for the customers to know ahead of time that such help exists so, they don't have to spend their time planning ahead. Also, the Wyndham deeds selling campaign could be decoupled from this. At the end i felt like the savings i got was not worth my time with Wyndham and i felt like i wasted my time and the reps (Wyndham Reps'). Access numbers for swimming pool and gates that were given were incorrect, it tool a few attempts to find out that it wasn't updated in all areas. We didn't get the WIFI access until the last day until one of the Front Desk representative suggested we piggy back on the strong neighboring access and gave us the password to do so. I asked for Electric Rice cooker and was told they had it and what was there was a Crockpot only and somewhat had a disaster with that :). Thanks for the team!
Gayatri M., 12.25.13
- Our family of 6 stayed in this condo for 10 days in December. We were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful view of the ocean from our lanai. The condo was vert quiet and spacious. The location of the Maui Sunset was perfect - close to all the shopping. The downside to this place is that alot of the fixtures and furniture could be updated - especially the bathrooms. I'm sure the wood used throughout the condo was expensive to put in, but it makes the condo feel old. One other downside is the beach. Rather rocky and not the best to swim in. However, we just drove to any of the other sandy beaches, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would come back again, if all 6 of us travel again. Thanks!
Deborah B., 12.22.13
- Very nice place! The on-site manager take great care of the property.
Peter Q., 11.3.13
- we had a great time and enjoyed our accommodations very much. we would definitely go back. For your information...there was no key to the pool but we just snaked our arms through the gate and opened it from the inside. Also, there were two keys on the cabinet inside the door which did not work on any door we could find??? Thanks
Michael B., 10.19.13
- Start to finish very top notch experience
Dawn S., Vail, AZ, 9.16.13
- My family of 11 plus a niece stayed at Hale Lanui for two weeks and the only bad thing was that we didn't stay for four weeks. Everything was wonderful. The park next door added so much for the little ones (ages 5-9), giving them tennis time, baseball, soccer and chasing frogs and lizards. Hale Lanui is a wonderful, clean, well cared for home. We had friends over for dinner and they are planning on renting the home for their family some time in the future. Thank you for such a memorable vacation.
Linda F., Fairfield, CA, 7.1.13
- I don't have enough words to tell you how much we LOVED My Waii. From the moment we pulled up in front of the house we were in love. When we walked in and saw how large and comfortable this house was we were aw struck. Then to really see how close to the beach we were WOW!!! The pictures on the internet just don't tell the whole story. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else on the Island. Every one of you who I had contact with were so nice and helpful and Scarlet was the bomb we liked her so much. Meeting one of the owners, Foster, was truly a treat. Now we know why the houses are so lovely. We are talking about coming back in February I will be contacting you regarding available dates and possible renting the main house. Thank you all for making this trip so memorable.
Lori V., 6.19.13
- The location was perfect, the property amazing, and the condition of Villa #4 was excellent! Mimi (property manager) was very accomodating and a truly spectacular person; our kids loved her, too! On our last day we were not scheduled to leave until late in the evening, but were asked to check out check out at the pre-arranged time of 10am so the owner could set up for a graduation party. Instead of being forced to find other lodging for the day, Mimi opened her home to us and graciously allowed us to hang out at her place! We all enjoyed a game of Monopoly as the baby took a nap. The only negative, and it would not prevent us from staying at the Villa again, is that if you stay in Villa 4, be prepared for the number of people that will find there way on the property as it is right next to the public beach access. We did not have any problems, but there were several homeless individuals who would hang out next to our porch every morning and evening. Again, there were never any problems, but it would have been nice to know in advance.
Michelle S., Mulberry, FL, 6.4.13
- Great great feeling when staying and so close to the beach! We really had a great time there and hopefully come back again.
Minjie S., 5.26.13
- The location was absolutely beautiful. The grounds were very clean and maintained and quiet hours were enforced. The unit itself was also beautiful. The only minor complaints we had: the shower heads are somewhat outdated, most of the light bulbs were not working, and the dishwasher did not really clean the dishes, we had to wash them by hand afterwards. But overall this unit was a delight to stay in and I would definitely recommend it. The view cannot be beat, there was plenty of seating everywhere and the balcony was also very large and the seating was comfortable. Loved our stay!
Claudia W., 5.11.13
- Our ten day vacation at Menehune Shores was awesome. The two bedroom unit was perfect. My biggest complaint was my bedroom door squeaked when I opened it. I should have shot a little sun screen on it but I didn't. The unit was clean and very comfortable. The entire complex was very nice. I would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to Maui. The weather cooperated. No rain in Kihei and the wind was tolerable. It didn't keep me off the beach or out of the pool.
Steve K., Kenai, AK, 4.28.13
- Everything was fine, the view from the deck was perfect, the condo was clean and spacious. The only thing we have to criticize was the first impression, when we arrived. The house is a huge concrete building and doesn't look very welcoming. But once we were in the condo it was very comfortible and nice. The amenities work fine and the leasing of the games like tennis or shuffleboard was never a problem. The reception was flexible with our departure, so we could stay in the condo till two o'clock.
Ruediger F., 4.17.13
- For our first visit to Maui, we found 320 Menehune Shores absolutely perfect. It offered and provided exactly what we were looking for in terms of price, ammenities and proximity to sights and experiences we desired. We had the pleasure of meeting the property owner during our stay, who was extremely helpful and accomodating. I would most definitely recommend it to friends and consider a repeat visit. The "best part" of our stay was EVERYTHING... from seeing numerous humpback whales from our balcony on the morning of our last day, almost like they came to say goodbye...very moving. Snorkelling along the coral reefs and seeing the abundant and incredible fish species and massive seaturtles at arms length. Sea kayaking, paddling on a traditional outrigger canoe. Morning jogs on the beach and the best papaya and advocados in the world!! A million MAHALOS to the property management team and owners. Superb job well done.
Gerben D., Peace River, AB, 4.15.13
- We enjoyed our stay. The apartment was wonderful, great ocean view, very clean with nice and sufficient daily supplies. The community was beautiful. We will come again if we have the chance in the future.
Hui T., 4.9.13
- This was a well kept condo with a great view. It's in a great location, had a nice pool and you could not have had better access to the ocean. We had a great time and would recommend this place to family and friends. We also had fun grilling on the roof!
Paul W., West Bend, WI, 3.30.13
- the property was fantastic condo was a little dated but clean and perfectly functional great deck appreciated the free wifi great pool beautiful grounds and beach would definitely stay here again
Clare F., 3.27.13
- Excellent accommodations, beautiful woodwork, lovely setting. Would definitely stay here again.
Ron-Scott B., 3.12.13
- The 502B unit at Maui Sunset was fine for the most part. It does need some updating such as the kitchen counters and new lining in the cabinets. There is some paint peeling and needs fixed. An ipod docking system would be nice and a TV which is not wavy and is larger.The kitchen is in need of new cooking pots and pans and could use some basics such as salt and pepper, foil, saran wrap and laundry soap since we were asked to do linens before leaving. Also needed are kitchen towels and dish cloths. 1/2 of a sponge for two weeks does not work. Beach towels should be included for the pool. I would recommend Maui Sunset and 502B as last resort until issues fixed.
Karen S., 3.3.13
- The TV has a sound problem. I think the speakers are shot. Was very nice of you to allow us to check out a little later - thank you.
Edgar F., Ellicott City, MD, 2.12.13
- Hello all you fellow travelers Our stay at the Maui Sunset 220 B was very good. The condo was well set up the Pool was great. The activity set up for outdoor activities was great Tracy was very knowlegable in helping us book tours We would highly recommend staying at the Maui Sunset Regards M & S
Marvin M., 2.7.13
Jean P., 2.3.13
- Everything was great! Definitely will come back again!
Kerry L., 1.29.13
- 1/2/13 out 1/21/13 This is our third trip to Maui and we have stayed at My Waii all 3 times! We love it here. It is the perfect location and setting for us to relax and have fun. We couldn't be more happy that we've found this place. We will be back in 2014. Mahalo Dave and Karey
Dave M., 1.23.13
- We found the grounds and facilities excellent, although the condo itself was quite dated and in need of some upgrading and cleaning, the bed was old and extremely uncomfortable as well as the couch. We had only three forks and the glasses and dishes had dirt on them because the dishwasher did not clean properly. These are simply points to note it did not ruin our holiday as the overall resort was very pleasant.
Kelly W., 1.21.13
- 12/23/12 out 1/5/13 A wonderful place to be, relax and enjoy the beautiful island of Maui. Cindy, OR
Cynthia K., 1.7.13
- Great resort, good unit. Disappointing that the pool was out of service for 3 days.
Penelope Z., 1.5.13
- 11/26/12 out 12/5/12 This was our third trip to Maui but our first time to stay at My Waii. The cottage was absolutely perfect for us; a little home in paradise. The reviews from the cottage, semiu-private beach and the sound of the ocean as background music are treasures to our trip we will keep forever. Thank you, Ray and Gale
Roy G., 12.8.12
- This is an amazing rental property with a magnificent view. The owner has definitely taken a lot of care to make her home clean and comfortable for those who stay. I wish the check out was later than 10:00 a.m. and the pillows were a little softer, but overall, I would definitely return to this location.
Lynne B., Los Angeles, CA, 8.22.12
- My family and I celebrated my mother's 72nd birthday in three of the villas. The rooms were spacious and well equipment. I would recommend this property to others.
Michele D., Hayward, CA, 8.6.12
- We really enjoyed our stay at Kamaole Sands. Nice complex, great location, and affordable. The condo was in excellent shape and very close to a lot of nice beaches. The highlight being Big beach and Ahihi Cove, both a short drive away. The only suggest I would make is a more comprehensive list of condo and complex amenities. It was only after we bought beach supplies (umbrella, towels, etc) did we discover a plethora of goods in the condo itself (chairs, boogie boards, towels, umbrella) and it was only after we checked out that I saw that the complex rents paddle boards. We would most certainly stay there again.
Aaron J., Denver, CO, 7.30.12
- hale lanui is hands down the best home rental experience i have had in maui. i mean this house is fully loaded. plenty of beach supplies, towels basketball, soccer and tennis equipment. tons of spices in the kitchen if you feel like staying in to cook. the location is to die for. 2 blocks from kihei main road so if you want to hit a bar for happy hr or go to foodland for groceries it is really really easy and convenient. it sleeps 12 so great for large groups or a big family. it really felt like a home away from home. the ocean view is spectacular. great price as well. i was really sad to leave. i highly recommend it to anyone!!!!
Lang T., SAN MATEO, CA, 7.25.12
- We enjoyed our stay at My Waii Cottage. The location is priceless and it was very clean and well maintained. The only criticism would be that since the beach access is a across the backyard some of the beach goers were very loud and came up to the porch chasing bugs for their fishing. The view is great and we enjoyed the surfers and the sunsets.
Linda V., Escalon, CA, 7.18.12
- We absolutely loved it!!! Thank you again. The condo was very clean and adorable. We appreciated the water floaties you provided along with everything else that was included. I cried when we left lol. Thanks again Patricia and Jeff. We enjoyed meeting you at the luoa which was amazing by the way!!! Meghan and Justin Rios
Meghan B., White City, OR, 7.16.12
- We had a really wonderful stay at Maui Sunset.
Alina U., Coquitlam, BC, 4.11.12
- We were really happy with our stay at Island Surf 506. The location is great, close to good food and right on the beach. We had a great time!
Shannon M., Sherwood, OR, 2.29.12
- This condo is well furnished, clean and great for two couples. I would stay at this unit again! I did like the location of the unit on the island, it was easy to get around and see attractions without any real effort. I liked how the owners and prior guest leave extra stuff they have purchased (books, movies, road to hana cd, etc) The other tenants that live there were all very nice and helpful. Great Place.. Great Vacation Rental!
Dock K., Christopher, IL, 2.27.12
- this unit was everything we had hoped for. The view was spectacular, had all of the ammenities we needed, comfortable and quiet at night. The location served us well in terms of proximity to everything we wanted to do on Maui, and the beach itself was beautiful. Highly recommend.
Patrick D., Castle Rock, CO, 2.17.12
- We loved the condo! It was great to have access to the beach towels, snorkelling equipment, boogie boards and cooler that was there. (We didn't use the lawn chairs, but was nice to have the option). We packed lunch most days and were home to Barbque in the evenings. The air conditioning was nice, we used it at night so we could keep the windows closed as there was some traffic noise. So handy to have the laundry facilities. Really cuts down on what you need to pack! Staff at the front desk was very helpful and all the tenants are so friendly. The yards are kept beautifully. We didn't use the pool as the kids loved the ocean, but it was a well kept and very clean area. As were the tennis courts. It was nice to be able to walk across the lawn about 100 yards right to the beach- not the best beach for swimming as there are rocks in the water, but beautiful to walk along or watch the sun set. I would definitely recommend this place to others. Bonnie Saskatchewan
Bonnie S., Dinsmore, SK, 2.11.12
- nice place , well managed,
Sue B., Roseville, MN, 2.3.12
- The suite was nicely located, good views, very well equipped kitchen. No parking issues. The suite was somewhat dated and could use a deep cleaning. Carpet was somewhat dirty and stucco ceiling was dripping was dust bunnies. The suite seemed dark despite all the mirrors which I though were an excellent idea for light as well as giving the appearance of larger size. We ended up taking off the black lamp shade which improved the lighting. I agree with previous residents about perhaps having a darkening shade in the bedroom as it does get very light in there very early in the morning. Shower floor was quite grimey looking as was the tub floor. The gals at the desk and the pool gave fairly curt and limited information. Just did not feel that welcomed. There are ALOT of stores on Maui. There is ALOT of alcohol to be had on Maui. Prices on Maui are high as expected except for the booze. Didn't go to many restaurants. Hit most all of the beaches and found the snorkelling spots. Signage was ambiguous or nonexistent as regards many of the beaches and the hiking walks. Too many "danger signs posted" by a CYA governmental administration make one ignore most all of the signs. Maui was nice but I don't think I will go back again.
Judith K., Saskatoon, 1.17.12
1 - 100 of 204
Kihei vacation reviews