- lahaina vacation reviews
- I'm almost afraid to recommend "Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure" for fear too many people will find out about it. My wife is disabled and finding a place right on the ocean in Lahaina where she could sit out back and watch the waves while the rest of us swam was a dream come true. It was a short walk down the street to Lahaina's Front street, close enough for her to walk with her walker. The property has every thing you could want, on the water and private. There is a main house connected by a covered walkway to a second studio unit with its own kitchen and bath. Plenty of bedrooms, bathrooms for all. The house was lovely, decorated with Hawaii memorabilia and the back yard had a hot tub, grill and plenty of outdoor seating to watch the ocean and sea turtles. Paul and Eddene the owners and caretakers live next door and are available when needed. The house is full of everything you could need, including a chest of beach shoes, lots of suntan lotions, cooking implements, condiments, and water sports accessories. It exceeded our expectations. Wish we could have stayed longer. We'd return in a minute.
David G., Santa Rosa, CA, 12.14.19
- Perfect Location and Excellent Accommodation Highly recommended. Friendly and helpful staff...special mention to Kim who showed us around when we checked in. Especially loved the stories about the celebs who live in Maui. Great tip about having drinks at Fleetwood's down the street. We were hoping Mick or Steven Tyler would show but no dice. But we saw Steven in Makawao riding his motorcycle and THAT was a treat! Only in Maui... Easy walk to the beach (2 mins max). Maybe 5 if you're carrying a paddle board over your head then you'll really appreciate the convenience of being so close. Brief stroll to get to town too. Really great location near the galleries and nice restaurants. Nice historic town with lots of charm but with Starbucks still closeby. Amber B., Seattle, WASHINGTON 12/2018
Guest H., 2.17.19
- A very special place in Maui! I was lucky enough to stay in the villa and it was A1. If you have a family and prefer to all stay together (and if you can afford it) this place is perfect. Great open layout and very spacious living area that extend to the backyard with another living/dining space where we had meals. We all loved the swing chair. The private bedroom was just as lovely. You have your own separate entrance although the room is still connected to the main house. It's large enough to be a studio. The service as you would expect is exceptional. Unlike some areas where a car is necessary, Lahaina's main attractions are super close that you can easily walk to town. M. Wright, Montreal, CANADA 11/2018
Guest A., 2.17.19
- We chose this home for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful time and give this villa our highest recommendation. For me, this was the best thing of our entire stay! We opted to base out of the westside for most of our stay and do day trips for maximum flexibility. Furnishings were rich and there was ample space for work and relaxation. We had the best time. This is a great rental. Service was exemplary. One gets a sense that they get a lot of VIPs staying with them, or they just treat their guests like one. We were made to feel very important. Maui is fantastic, everyone should go there. Everything that has been written about Hawaiian hospitality is all true.
Guest A., 2.17.19
- This is the place you need to be if you want beach and tourist attraction with plenty of relaxation. You get what you came to see and feel stress free after hours. We combined business with pleasure so my wife and I took the family along while attending a conference. Took care of the business part on the first half of the trip while my parents and kids explored Maui. Late afternoons we'd meet up at the beach then grab dinner in town. Very easy. We fired up the grill and cooked steaks when we stayed in for quiet evenings. Just movies, board games, or simply hanging out. When the conference ended we spent the rest of the week exploring farther out. Survived the drive to Hana but didn't get to see the sunrise in Haleakala. There was so much to do 10 days wasn't enough. I've been to Maui before but this was the first time it felt like a complete vacation with just the right amount of sightseeing and relaxation. The house was the perfect size and had everything we needed. Very clean and well thought out. Large rooms except for the kid's room which was just the right size. The extra tank of propane was nice to have when we ran out one evening. Guess we used the grill more than I thought. But the best part was the people and their genuine warmth and level of service from the moment we booked, to the day we arrived and left. We felt very well cared for. Opted for the midweek cleaning and the housekeeper showed up with ripe papayas from her backyard. Very nice. And the kids felt themselves very welcomed. The new sand toys were appreciated. Just one question remains: how soon can we return?
Guest E., 2.17.19
- Our group of 8 felt totally comfortable and at home at Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure. It was the perfect location to walk 2 blocks into town for shopping and eating out. The other direction was baby beach. Just beautiful! The ocean there was shallow and without large waves. It made Kayaking and snorkeling easy and enjoyable. The home was fully stocked with kitchen supplies, towels, bedding and so much more! Bikes, kayaks, boogie boards, BBQ, and lawn chairs. I would definitely stay here again. The home, location and accommodations were perfect for our group. We truly enjoyed our selves!
Tami J., Anthem, AZ, 5.2.18
- Awesome location! Booking agents very helpful but the local property management didn't see to coordinate well with the booking agents (locks changed prior to our arrival with no notice to us, notification of a plugged sink wasn't acknowledged though may have been fixed after a couple of days - again no notification). House itself was laid out well for our group of 11. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade but location, location, location. Everything within walking distance. Good for 4 stars.
Shaun C., TURRAMURRA, New South Wales, 2.17.18
- Perfect location a short pleasant walk from Lahaina. The condo is at the corner of the building, so there are sunrise as well as sunset views. During the booking process we were helped by a professional and service minded booking agent. Full score!
Anders J., Stockholm, Sweden, 10.14.17
- Been to Maui a few times along with other comparable destinations. Stayed in a number of resorts around the World and even got married in one. Forget all that, this is the place. Over 10 hours on a plane from across the country, trust me you won't miss it especially if, like us, you travel heavy! Then, you are there. Maui-- a stunning island. One of a Kind! The home was perfect the minute we set foot. Service, location, high-end but excellent rates, out of this World. You won't beat it - anywhere. We enjoyed all the activities just as much as the grand kids (teenagers) if not more. But on top was great food all over the island. The service was warm, caring and attentive. The caretaker called the next day to ask how we're settling. Special thanks go to Kim for her contribution but my agent, Mona, should be congratulated for finding us this place. Cynthia M. 6.17
Guest F., 7.15.17
- Enjoyed Rainbow Hale - lovely furnishings, beautiful view in a quiet area. Would stay there again!
Susan S., 5.15.16
- The overall quality of the Kalapana was great! We enjoyed our stay very much as it provided us with all of the things we were looking for in a rental. The condition and cleanliness were good, and I feel we would stay at this location again. By far the best thing about this rental was the views! Both of ocean and the mountains. Spectacular to say the least! We received outstanding customer service by the rental agent and the property owner. Highly recommended!
Joelene H., Dickinson, ND, 4.25.16
- The "Kalapana" was exactly as advertised. A great layout, in a very private and quiet area, with great ocean views and all the amenities one could require. You may want to bring your own binoculars to take advantage of the numerous whale sightings available off the Lanai. Finally, the property manager was extremely helpful and accessible and her attention to detail was clearly evident. We would definitely rent here again.
Tim D., Clarksburg, ON, 2.2.15
- My wife and I have stayed multiple times at Lahaina Shores over the past 20+years with 5 or 6 stays being in the Penthouses. We were impressed with the remodeling that had taken place since our last stay at Penthouse 3 and in particular with the addition of a washer-dryer. Most customer reviews speak of the magnificent views, which are truly spectacular, however so are the views from several hotels in Maui. The two most important factors that keep bring us back are the courteous staff and the "quiet" surroundings. We come to Hawaii for rest and relaxation, not to party and disturb the other hotel guests. In viewing comments from some of the previous guests there are references to the fact that because they were a Penthouse guest, the service level was less than satisfactory. NOT TRUE. We were greeted with a warm and friendly, "welcome back" and thanks for staying again at Lahaina Shores and that friendly atmosphere existed throughout our 10 day stay. One final thought re customer service, there were 2 maintenance issues that we encountered which were addressed within 15 minutes of our service request phone call. I have stayed at hotels in most of the US States and in several International countries and have never been seen such a prompt response. My comments are best summed up by stating that I intend to spend my January 2016 vacation at Lahaina Shores and plan on contacting VRA to book my stay.
John S., 1.17.15
- House was beautiful and the location was perfect. Several things that needed correcting are: Main floors were dirty when we arrived. Internet service was very poor. Our week was very hot and having air conditioning in main living area would have been desired.
Ray A., 10.15.14
- View is amazing. Well stocked condo. Needs updated nicer linens. Patio furniture is falling apart and screens on the lanali also need repairs. There was a problem with the sink and the toilet was unusable for a few hours while a plumber was on site. Great service, would come back for the killer views from the lanai.
Amy W., 9.5.14
- We enjoyed a Hawaiian Dream Vacation thanks to our agent from Hawaiian Beach Rentals & the fabulous owners of Puamana 31-1. They thought of everything! The condo was beautiful, clean, comfortable and greatest of all had the best oceanfront around! We spent a great deal of time on our upper & lower lanais watching the waves & the occasional surfer or paddle boarder. We were within 15 ft of the ocean! We were super close to the gated community's adult quiet pool Oceanside, that we frequented. We were very close to Lahaina & its popular, fun Front Street! We would highly recommend this unit to everyone, as well as recommend our agent & Hawaiian Beach Rentals for easy, no hassle reservations! Thank you so much! We look forward to getting to return to this place in paradise!
Jill W., 6.23.14
- This home is gorgeous!. The folks at Hawaiian Beach Rentals did not miss a beat and the Property Manager, who lives next to the home we rented was very friendly and helpful. The house was spotless when we arrived. Everything was in great working order, plenty of gear for the beach and pool was stunning. The views were over the top as the ocean could be seen from the main floor and if you looked the other way the mountains were right there. We basically ate our breakfast and dinner on the patio every night and spent the mornings at the beach. Every afternoon and early evening were spent in the pool and then we rinsed the chlorine off using the outdoor shower. Cooking most all our meals saved us quite a bit of money as eating out can get quite expensive. The house was decorated as an island home should be but it was done with such exquisite taste yet it was not ostentatious by any means. Going forward I will stay there!. I actually cannot pinpoint what the best part of the trip was but the house certainly was impressive. The yards were gorgeous as well. Oh yeah, lets not forget the ocean views at sunset........ We had 6 people for a week and there was plenty of space for all. I think to have many more it could get crowded. One thing to keep in mind. Quiet time was 9 P.M. to 8 A.M as it is a very quiet residential area. Because it is so quiet your voices travel so be sure to be attentive to the time. I have already shared my experience with my friends and I am sure there will be some business coming your way as well as my repeat business..
Kathy S., Hollister, CA, 5.12.14
- The home was just as nice as portrayed. It was in very nice condition and very clean Overall satisfaction poor. Nothing to do with the home, just the property manager I could not recommend this property or stay here again. The problem with the property manager was initially my fault for not reading the contract thoroughly, but trusting that to others. We invited people over for a family and friends BBQ, the property manager came over and told me this event was not allowed and that all non registered guests would have to leave immediately. Then she stood outside as our friends were leaving. This could have been handled much more professionally when you are paying $1000 a day! The next evening three of our eight registered guests had returned to the mainland, so my wife invited her two bro
Tom E., Hermosa beach, CA, 5.6.14
- * The overall quality of the "Puamana 150-2 435 Superior OF." Appliances not working, broken patio furniture. The Air conditioner broke down, sliding door wouldn't close and the quality did not match the price paid. * The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. The booking agent was very helpful and very timely responses. * The condition and cleanliness of the rental. Poor. Stained carpets, very dirty couches, mould and mildew in bathroom shower stalls. * Your overall satisfaction with your rental. Poor. 3 / 10. View and location were great. * Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? No. Not this unit. * What was the best part of your trip? The location and the view of the ocean. * Anything else you would like to share with others. Cleaners were still cleaning 1/2 past our check-in. The complex was secure, we felt safe, close to Lahaina, walking distance.
Lisa F., 5.6.14
- We can't say enough about the place it was everything we expected and more. Great to be right on the ocean. The only comment we have is we arrived at night and the first Front Street can't be seen from the HWY so we took the second and weren't sure if we were going in the right direction. So if you let people know that Front is the next left after Hokinokino, probably not the right spelling, that would help immensley. We would definately book again at this location. Mark & Lynn Hannah
Mark H., 4.8.14
- The location was wonderful! Only a 1-2 min walk to an awesome beach. You were able to see the ocean from the front door. The grounds in the community were beautiful, and meticulously maintained. The townhome was clean, and comfortable. The only down side to the property was the traffic noise from the road behind the property. I will say, that after several days, you didn't hear the noise from the traffic as much. The property is located about a quarter mile from the start of boat docks, shops and restaurants on Front street. Easy parking, or a doable walk. There we took surfing lessons. Caught the boats for our whale watching tour, and our dinner cruse, which were all a must do in Maui. We had many fantastic meals down Front St, and were able to buy anything from groceries to souvenirs. We would stay here again in a minute! If I could recommend a few items for the kitchen, I would ask for some wooden spoons, and some re-usable containers with lids. Also as a added bonus to the property, I would get a gas grill for the back. Hawaiian Beach rentals were wonderful!!! You all we immediately available whenever I needed to ask a question, or change the reservation around. The concierge service was an added bonus. I would definitely book a rental through you all again in a heartbeat!
Meghan A., 3.26.14
- I would recommend this unit to others and would stay at puamana again. The unit itself was clean but could use a little updating. The best part of our trip was our snorkle tour with Aqua Adventures. Highly recommend using them. We had a great time overall.
Judy M., 3.10.14
- The condo needs updating. Missing light switch, vent falling off, no air conditioning. I would rent it again but that's after checking other condo's first to see if I can get something in better shape. The condo was clean.
Mayssa A., 2.25.14
- I will start by saying that we would stay at Puamana 19-2 32 Standard OF again, Why ? Location... The entrance to the beach is 50' from the terrace, waking up in the morning and enjoying a coffee seeing the sun rise, hearing and seeing the ocean was beautiful.. The house could definitely use alot of upgrades, and a good cleaning. It says it's a 6 person house, but someone would have to sleep on the sofa, or pull the extra mattress off the day bed to be pulled to the floor. the extension for the day bed is so rusty we couldn't pull it apart to use. 2 bathrooms, great. Good working kitchen. Everything you will need.. now.. We purchased some bigger glasses for beverages, and we purchased a new coffee pot because it just wouldn't stay on and perk a pot. Frustrating first couple of days.. But again,, the beach and view made up for it. Walking to downtown Lahaina was easy. Just pop out the back gate onto Front street and walk about a mile before finding sidewalks. Drivers are courteous. The customer service from the concierge and whoever else I talked to on the phone was great and very responsive, and helpful. On a side note, if you are renting any place at puamana, remember to bring your site map. We arrived at 12:30 am and drove around lost for almost a half hour to find our place., plus, had to ask the police where Front street was because the sign on the highway is obscured by bush.. Lahaina is the town I would return to. I think 3 days a week you have to share the town with the cruise ships, but it's not that bad, and everyone is busy doing something. The various beaches heading north past Napili are great to load up your boogie board, Driving south to Kihei for the day to take in the beaches too. I'd love to head back.. today.. Shopping in Kaanapali, outlet mall right in Lahaina, day trip over to Oahu to see Pearl harbour, the Road to Hana (that's another story in itself)(if you suffer with car sickness, be fore warned).. Once leaving Kahuili heading to Hana, there is another small quaint town (can't remember name), Just past that there is a big beach and parking lot. The turtles there are a good size and nice to watch... I hope this has helped, .. If I'd had the inclination I would have cleaned behind things, but I was too busy enjoying my holiday to care.. Ps- Don't leave open boxes of cereal/crackers on the counter, we put them in the freezer.. Enjoy
Angela D., 12.31.13
- The place was very nice. We only had one problem the air conditioning didn't work on the bottom floor. 85 degrees and warmer is not a pleasant temp to sleep in. We got a portable air conditioner for the bottom bedroom. Made it bearable.
Valerie H., 10.8.13
- The location is outstanding, able to walk to shopping, dinning etc. View is great, having the surf right outside you door is terrific, good sounds to sleep with. The grounds are maintained at a very high level old flowers picked every day , pool cleaned and decks washed each morning, The staff were great we had a few problems and they were taken care of right away. The unit does need some up grading, ie sheers in living room need to be cleaned or replaced, couch and chair need some work and replace the bed cover. Yes we would return and recommend the unit to others, we are considering trying to stay there again next year.
Robert Lee R., 9.20.13
- Breathtaking views from the unit and the it was well stocked with anything you could possibly need.
Debra S., 9.16.13
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Puamana 19-1. What a great location! Truly oceanfront living at it's best.
Coleen P., 6.20.13
- B133 was exactly as we expected. We would love to return soon for another Maui experience.
Theresa G., 5.26.13
- Thank you sooooo much for your recommendation of Valley Isle 310!! This was the most amazing place on the Island! Everything and MORE than you said that it would be =) Nothing but praises for the condo AND your assistance! We will definatley go back AND use you again! PERFECT honeymoon spot, and very clean and quiet
Sandy K., 4.23.13
- The unit is great, location is good, view is excellent. The bed was good and the unit was clean and had everything you might need. The only issue was there was no remote for the old tv in the bedroom, the remote for the dvd player did not work either. The building was great, pool and beach were great as well. I would give it a 4 to 4.5 out of 5. Thanks again.
John G., 3.12.13
- 1. Unit is very basic and dated. But the grounds are beautiful 2. Customer service was very good 3. Beds are all terrible and need to be replaced. We all had bad backs the whole time we were there. One of our sons had to sleep on a couch which proved to be more comfortable but not convenient 4. Overall level of satisfaction was just OK. If it wasn't direct waterfront we would not recommend the unit 5. Would recommend the unit because it has 3 bedrooms and is waterfront, otherwise not 6. The unit does not have any water toys such as boogie boards, straw beach mats, beach chairs which is normally supplied at others do 7.
Terry C., 3.11.13
- Internet service not available for first two days and then no local phone service for all of stay. The repair was not made and we heard nothing from the property manager. Condo itself needs some upkeep but was clean. Bedroom backs on to Front Stree so very noisy most of night Also lots of dogs barking and roosters crowing. View off balcony excellent as is pool area. Caretaker of building does very good job. Close to Cannery Mall so bars and restaurants close and also not real far walk to downtown Lahaina and stores. Rating of 3. For average. Probably would not book that location again.
George N., 3.4.13
- The condo was perfect. Not fancy, but just what we wanted. Peaceful environment, friendly neighbors. Thank you for a great time!!!
Sally B., 3.4.13
- We absolutely loved our stay at Lahaina Roads. The building is in a great location, and it's about a 20 minute walk to the middle of the town - perfect, as Lahaina is known for having the worst parking in all of Maui! The Lahaina Cannery Mall is one block away, which has a Safeway there. The building doesn't look like much from the front, but when you get inside and see the view of the ocean from your lanai - about 120 feet from your lanai - we were hooked. Plus, we were there in February, high whale season, and could see the whales from our place which was wonderful. The condo was fully stocked with everything we needed (though we did have to grab some laundry detergent and coffee filters - the only essentials for us missing). The kitchen was stocked with glasses, pots, pans, etc.; the unit also had a hairdryer, as well as a cooler, boogie boards, and lots of towels to take along to the beach. The coffee maker was somewhat on the fritz, and the bed was comically squeaky, but other than that, everything was fantastic. We would like to explore the other islands before returning to Maui, but when we inevitably do, we would definitely stay at Lahaina Roads again.
Natasha N., 2.18.13
- We had a very pleasant stay at 505. We found the room to be very clean and updated. The view made the whole week, I was however a bit disappointed with the beds being so small, with four adults it was small. But none the less it was wonderful. If I may make a suggestion, it would be very nice if the property at the pool would have a cart or something available to something to drink, not necessary liquor but something, although that might work very well. Again, it was very nice and I would go again.
Adele C., 1.17.13
- the location was great. the room was clean but smelled a little weird. The hotel staff was great, and we enjoyed using the pool area, hot tub and barbque area. It was very senic and relaxing. The bed was not very comfortable, but enjoyed the newly remodeled bathroom. There was a fully stocked kitchen but no kitchen sponge to wash our dishes, so we used a wash cloth. The room was cheery and welcoming. we enjoyed our stay! Oh we paid a daily fee for parking, one night there were not enough spaces not sure how that happened.
Robin B., 1.6.13
- Our family of four - 2 adults and 2 older kids (18 and 22) - recently stayed at the Maui Kaanapali Villas for 2 weeks. The condo was perfect for our needs. Clean, bright, excellent location right on the 'beach walk'. Steps to the pool and great Kaanapali beach! Nicely appointed furnishings, recently renovated and well eqiuped kitchen. This was our 3rd trip to Maui and we will definately go back here. Although not part of the 'hotel units' - we had access to everything hotel guests enjoyed. Already miss the view from the balconey.
Elliott K., 12.25.12
- The rental was phenomenal, even better than expected. Very happy with the stay.
Farrah Y., 10.11.12
- tHE RENTAL WAS PERFECT FOR US! tHE AGENT LISTENED TO EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED AND SUGGESTED THIS WONDERFUL PLACE. THE BEST PART OF OUR TRIP WAS THE RIVACY OF OUR OWN CONDO WITH THE CLOSE ACCESS TO THE PRIVATE BEACH AND SHORT WALK INTO LAHAINA FOR SOME EVENING ENTERTAINMENT. WE WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK.
Francine D., 8.27.12
- We love puamana! This is the third time we've stayed in this unit, and we'll be back again!! When we travel with a group, there is enough variety of accommodations (#bdrms, view, cost, etc) to suit everyone's budget. This particular unit 19-2 is fantastic - great layout, great view and access to the beach, and works perfectly for our family. The unit has not been updated recently, but it is clean; the a/c is only available in 1 bdrm and in the living room. This works great at spring break, but in the summer things get a bit warm.
Gaylean S., North Vancouver, 8.5.12
- No Ka Oi Hale is really an excellent place. The location is wonderful, a few blocks from front street where every thing happens The view from the terrace of the house amazing paradise. We where there for a week with my husband and kids and they all want to come back.
Paola B., 7.15.12
- It is a wonderful house right on the water and very well maintained. The owner was in touch with us throughout our stay and made sure that everything was perfect. We spent so much time on the covered lanai in back just watching the water, the sunset, etc. and were very sad to leave. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants to be within walking distance of shops and restaurants in Lahaina but still feel like you are in a peaceful out of the way spot.
Christopher F., Los Angeles, CA, 2.13.12
- Spectaular ocean front view with sunsets and whale watching. Close to Lahaina and other attractions.
Jim C., Cincinnati, OH, 1.29.12
David L. S., Chandler, AZ, 9.1.11
- Very nice accommodation with a fantastic view of the sea and Molokai island. Sunsets from the balcony were spectacular and you can see whales breaching just a short distance offshore. Relaxing and friendly.
Allan G., Calgary, Alberta, 1.4.10
- Another great vacation on Maui in beatuful Penthouse 3 at Lahaina Shores. We always enjoy our vacations there and come all the way from England to do that. Its worth every mile of the trip!. Thank you for everything. You must go to Lanai on your trip. Very easy to get the ferry down the street at the Pioneer Inn and the trip is great...we saw over 20 Dolphins as we entered Lanai harbour...just magical. And you can easily spend a lovely day on the beach on Lanai...be sure to have lunch at Four Seasons Manele Bay or at the Golf Club House at the Golf Course. The Fish and Chips are highly recommended!!! Andrew McLaren London and Lytham St Annes, England
Andrew M., London, England, 10.19.07
- A truly wonderful apartment. We flew all the way fom London ( including my 82 year old mother) and the apartment was stunning...great facilities, great location and everything you could need was in there. The other important thing was that it was spotlessly clean.....and all was ready for our arrival. The service from both the agent and the staff at the Lahaina Shores complex could not be faulted. Thanks for a wonderful and very memorable vacation. Andrew McLaren. London/Lytham St Annes, Englandrn10 Augus 2006
Andrew M., London, England, 8.10.06
- This was a great condo with plenty of room, perfect location, incredible views, awesome sunsets, and a nice complex. The beds ( master & sofa) could use updating. Would definitely stay there again!
Debbie S., Ventura, CA, 7.3.06