- Napili vacation reviews
- Overall quality very good Customer service excellent Excellent conditionand cleanliness Very satisfied Might rent again Best part of trip was seeing the whales We thought the pillows were not comfortable and the quality of the sheets was less than expected for the price. There were a lot of rules that we thought were not very sensible or reasonable but the amenties were excellent so overall no complaints.
Kathryn S., Palmeston North, New Zealand, 2.10.18
- The trip was excellent! The Hale Napili home was everything we hoped for and exceeded our expectations. The owner was responsive to our needs and we used their concierge service to arrange a catamaran trip to Lanai. It was the favorite part of the trip. The "community" pool was very good and the local beach was excellent for snorkeling. We counted 26 turtles one day.
Frank L., Fruit Heights, UT, 7.31.17
- The house is secluded and large enough for 14 guest with plenty of room. I would rent again. Booking Agent was extremely helpful, help plan a vow renewal and extravegant dinner.
Jon L., Riverside, CA, 6.24.16
- We enjoyed a wonderful week at Hale Napili. It was a celebration of our 40th Wedding anniversary and we brought our family with us. There was plenty of room for our family of 13 and opportunities to swim, boogie board and enjoy the views and ocean shores. It was a memorable vacation. We recommend this lovely home to anyone who needs space for a family gathering. Kathy Powell Roseburg, Oregon
Katherine P., 10.6.15
- Hale Napili was absolutely the right venue for our long-awaited 50th wedding anniversary celebration with our family, a gathering of 13 that included our 6 grandkids, ages 3-14. We knew this was the place when we first visited it 14 months earlier. The size and layout of the house fit us to a tee. We thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful setting, the pool, and the private cove along with many other beaches and sights on the island. As with any rental house, there are some things that aren't available or provided, but they were only minor and paled in comparison to what was there for us to enjoy. We would highly recommend this property to our friends, and in fact, we have some friends who have already inquired about it. Based on our week-long stay at Hale Napili, this is clearly a 5 star accommodation. The best part of our trip was making memories with our whole family!
Bruce B., Snohomish, WA, 7.30.15
- We were a family group of 13, ages 6 to 75. It was fun for all of us! Plenty of space to be together or apart. Beautiful, unique home, well supplied with towels and beach towels. We enjoyed the walk down to the clean, clean pool and the almost private beach. Lovely!
Ronald T., Olympia, WA, 6.30.15
- A lovely big house which accommodated our party of 8 adults and 4 children (aged 1 to 4 years). Everyone loved the large open kitchen area, external deck with plenty of seating and BBQ. The beach and pool are very close, which the children made use of every day. There were childrens pool toys available at the property and the pool area has plenty of seats plus outdoor toilets. A good shopping centre is within easy walking distance, with a great caf and supermarket. We would recommend this property to any large family groups. We stayed in late Oct 2014 Tony and Bev (New Zealand)
Beverley B., Auckland, 11.19.14
- Fabulous place to stay for a large group! We stayed with a group of 14 for a week. There was plenty of room to accommodate all of us. There were toys and games for the kids and the adults as well. The master bedroom was enormous and the rock shower amazing. Our group spent a lot of time at the pool and the cove. Make sure you take a kayak over to the next cove and swim with the giant turtles! Amazing adventure!We will definitely come back! Karen Dazalla, Rialto, CA.
Karen D., Rialto, CA, 9.15.14
- Hale Napili is a fabulous house, and is in a great location. We give it a 5, although with a couple of qualifiers. One shower was out of service, and a second developed a leak while we were there. The first got a temporary fix after the second problem developed. There were a few other less than perfect issues, but overall it was a high quality, if pricey, environment. There was plenty of room for our party of ten. Our favorite experience was sitting on the deck enjoying the breeze and view. Service from both the booking agent and unit management was very good. The biggest disappointment was in the description of proximity to the beach. Instead of being "steps" away, there were 78 actual steps down a hill and another 200' or so to the beach and pool. The misleading description should be corrected. We would stay there again in a similar situation.
Roger B., Chicago, IL, 7.29.14
- Absolutely an amazing house the views are out of this world. I would definialtly suggest staying here to anyone. Great family home with indoor pool! I will return no questions asked.
Erica and Peter N., Hanford, CA, 7.24.14
- Beautiful location with easy assess. Thrilled seeing turtles. Very nice house. Husband would have liked an additional tv and found living room uncomfortable. Rest of us had no complaint!
Faye Y., Milford, DE, 6.25.14
- Hale Napili is a dream destination for a large family like ours. In every way it exceeded our expectation. We celebrated our 50th anniversary in the company of our children and 7 grandchildren and all of them will for ever remember our fantastic experience. With its lush garden overlooking the cove, it's specious rooms and amenities its the perfect home for a large family. If and when we return to Maui Hale Napili will be our destination. We're sure to tell all our friends about our perfect experience.
Amnon Z., Toronto, ON, 7.19.13
- The Napili Gardens Unit #16 rental unit is fairly priced, well-maintained, nicely decorated, and within walking distance of one of the nicest beaches on the island. Both the rental agent and the property manager were very friendly, professional, and highly responsive. The unit's "no shoes allowed" policy helps keep the place spotless. Although the unit borders the road, traffic is minimal and the surroundings very peaceful, with many native birds constantly serenading us. Overall, the unit worked well for the seven of us, except for the fact that with only two showers available, the bathrooms were a major bottleneck when waking up, returning from the beach, and preparing to go out to dinner. If two couples were to rent the unit, that issue would disappear. In general, we were very happy with the overall experience, would rent it again in the future, and would recommend it for families or friends who are looking for a quiet spot close to a nice beach in a tranquil residential neighborhood. The two meals we most enjoyed were at the Lahaina Grill in Lahaina, a 20 minute drive south, and the Hula Grill in Kaanapali, a 10 minute drive south. Our most eye-opening experience of the week entailed leisurely exploring a small portion of the nooks and crannies of the Hana Highway, in spite of the fact that it takes many hours just to peek your nose into that tent, and would have required many more days to do it justice. Although the unit is not super-luxurious, time and again we found many pleasant surprises waiting for us such as beach chairs, masks and flippers, boogie boards, free WiFi, detergent for the washing machine, a decent selection of kitchenware, huge closets, endless storage space, and much more. The owner and management clearly try hard to make a decent living space that will appeal to a fairly wide range of tastes and preferences, and for the most part they succeed.
Gregory Laurence S., Seattle, WA, 5.15.13
- The rental unit was great, it worked out wonderfully for my family. The house came equipped with everything we needed, along with gear for the beach. Although, the property was not directly on the beach the walk with short and the beach was very nice. Napili Bay provided a great opportunity for snorkeling in the early mornings, with up close encounters with sea turtles. Swimming with the Sea Turtles was the best part of the trip. Plenty of linens, cookware, and a nice washing machine/dryer. The booking agent provided prompt responses to all questions and assisted with finding someone to assist with planning excursions. I would recommend this townhouse to anyone.
Rebekah L., Olathe, KS, 2.20.13
- We had a great time staying at the Hale Napili. The house, accommodations, grounds, and access to the pool and beach are amazing. We booked Hale Napili for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. There were 4 families, twelve people in all. The house was more than sufficient to give everyone plenty of room to roam while still being able to hang together family style. The house is centrally located near great beaches, hiking and shopping. However, we had some of the best snorkling at the little local beach just steps from the backyard. The turtles that swim into the cove were a special treat. I would highly recommend this rental for families or couples who want to spent quality time together. Although we didn't have any small children in our group, the house was completly set up for young families. Lots of toys, noodles, and floaties to play with in the pool. Fran the property manager answered the phone at 6am when we couldn't open the gate to the property. What more can I say - great location, great house, great service. The only complaint we had were the knives were not sharp - which created a challenge for our more gifted cooks. The middle room downstairs lacked ventilation or an air conditioner which would have been more comfortable. Otherwise a perfect 10. .
Deborah K., Snohomish, WA, 6.27.12
- Hale Napili is a beautiful private home - we were a group of 4 adults and 5 teens and there was enough space to be together but also lots of private space, too, with two great rooms and balconies overlooking the ocean on both floors The grounds are beautiful and walking to the pool and cove were a plus. Great views and great location - walking distance to Kapalua and a local market/coffee house and a short drive to Ka'anapali and Lahaina. Property management was very responsive while we were there. Home was well decorated, open and airy. With the exception of the boogie boards (6 and all were broken) and beach chairs (all were in disrepair) the amenities were what was expected of a home of this type- clean, well kept and nicely decorated. We would book again - perfect for two families. Concierge services helped with kayaking, sailing and golf and managed all reservations and payments. Would definately recommend.
Karen B., Los Gatos, CA, 4.14.12
- We spent over a month in the townhouse and had a great time.We had two couples join us for a week each and our son and his family joined us for 10 days. Everyone enjoyed their stay. Short walk to Napili Bay, a little more to Kapalua Bay which was my favourite, both are great for swimming and snorkeling. The walking trails in Kapalua are very nice and some can be quite a challenge. The house was exactly as described and shown in the pictures. Lots of beach chairs, boogie boards, umbrella etc. The double garage was a real bonus for storing the beach stuff and keeping the car, no need to worry about removing valuables. Everything was clean and well maintained. The owner met us when we checked in and explained everything to us as well as showing us the lay of the land. If we needed anything she was always prompt to respond to our questions. Nice BBQ on the large deck, nice and private. The kitchen was well equipped and functional, lots of dishes and silverware. Walking distance to several restaurants, Merrimans, The Seahouse, The Gazebo and the BBQ guy across the street on Wednsday night.The BBQ guy is not to be missed, he rolls his smokehouse in to the parking lot right across the street every Wed and starts serving at 5:30. Be there early though, people start lining up around 5 and he sells out quickly. Great smoked chicken,pulled pork,brisket etc. All great and very reasonable price.We had two memorable dinners at Merriman's and The Pineapple Grill. We tried The Seahouse for pupus and lunch several times, it was OK but nothing special, great location on the beach though. I would recommend this to others looking for a place that can comfortably accomodate 4 - 6 people and have easy access to the beach. All in all a great place and a great location. Fred- Vancouver Island
- This location is a great combination of being close to the pool, beach, shopping and restaurants. Made it very easy for a family to plan.
Annette M., Tangent, OR, 1.27.12
- All in all a fabulous place to enjoy the best of Hawaii. Close to town but the house was private enough to afford one the luxury of some real down time. Gorgeous beach and house and pool. I would definately use this property again if the opportunity arrived. thanks - Jon Dunlap
Jon D., Portland, OR, 1.11.12
- CHRISTMAS IN NAPILLI linda boyd temecula, ca. Date of Stay December 22, 2011 SECOND TIME TO STAY IN NAPILLI GARDENS. LOVE IT!!! THE CONDO IS VERY COMFORTABLE HAS EVERYTHING LIKE BEING AT HOME. THE BEACH IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE RESTURANTS ARE VERY GOOD. MADE BEING AWAY FOR THE HOLIDAYS VERY RELAXING. WOULD LOVE TO GO AGAIN AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- Edmonton, AB, Canada Review Submitted February 1, 2012 Date of Stay December 31, 2011 This is a lovely 3 Br home with just a short walk to the beach. You access it through a beautiful resort which also leads a great place for dining and happy hour. The owner was excellent in providing us with local information as well as providing us toys, towels and what ever else you need for use at the beach. Lots of dish and turtles on occasion. Already have recommended it to friends.
- Perfect location and house for a family reunion in Maui Jonathan Park Seattle Review Submitted December 23, 2011 Date of Stay December 3, 2011 First the location: If you want to stay on the west side of Maui, Napili bay is a great choice. It's close enough to Lahina and Kanapalli but it just seems to be less crowded. This townhouse is located right next to Kapalua golf course, for you golfers, and is located across the street from the beach - just a short walk across the street and through a nicely lit path for late night strolls. There are lots of dining options near the home but we didn't dine out too often as we ended up cooking on the backyard BBQ most meals. Also there is a general store within a block away and a supermarket within a half a mile. About the home: We had six adults and two kids and it was very comfortable for everyone. This townhouse is fully furnished with nice, updated furniture and appliances, and it made us feel comfortable as soon as we got to the house. We also liked the fact that all of the bedrooms were on the top floor, while the living area were on the second floor - this allowed the adults to stay up later and not have to worry about waking up the kids. Lastly, it was great that the home came with a bunch of beach/water toys and activities including kids toys, boogie boards, towels, etc. All in all, we really enjoyed our time in Maui and at this property. It was really easy to communicate with the property owner and she was really responsive and wanted to make sure that you had a good stay. Oh, and the security deposite was refunded in whole less than one week after we got back to the mainland. Mahalo!
- The location was perfect, loved the private pool & cove full of turtles. The best part of this house is the slider door in the living room that opens the whole space to the outside. Definitely, my favorite feature. We all enjoyed the living space to hang out and cook together. The Market was just 2 minute walk, everything we needed was so close. We travelled the whole island, climbed Haleakala on our bikes, did the West Maui loop, drove the road to Hana, checked out the South Maui, Big Beach, Lahaina & Whalers Village and we feel Hale Napili was a little piece of heaven. Loved the residential feel not a big resort, not a lot of people, the beachs were all great , Napili, Kapula, Oneloa, Honoloa Bay, and the Intra Coastal Trail. Our favorite dining experience was Sansei in Kapula fabulous food. I will forward the link to all my friends and would stay again it was truly a fabulous place to stay. Mahalo, for sharing such a special place.
Maryann H., LAKEWOOD, WA, 11.21.11
- Exactly as described! Vanessa Morley Vancouver, Britsh Columbia, Canada Review Submitted November 14, 2011 Date of Stay November 3, 2011 I stayed in this townhouse with 4 other people for a wedding at Merriman's. We were able to walk to anything we needed including to and from the wedding! We were very impressed with all of the little touches in the place that really made it feel like home. It was so easy to prepare meals as the kitchen has EVERYTHING you would ever need. The beach supplies were amazing and really made our beach trips so much more enjoyable. We were able to snorkel right off Napili bay (and see turtles) with the gear and pool noodles provided. I would highly recommend this accommodation. Ryka was very helpful and friendly.
- Stephanie Lavin Canada Date of Stay October 15, 2011 This property is absolutely amazing. Everything listed in the above ad was bang on. Very close to the amazing napili bay beach. The sea house restaurant is also amazing (a must try for breakfast). This house has everything and more than you would need for a vacation home rental. I would highly recommend this to others! I will definitely come back to the west side of Maui an to napili gardens.
- Napili is the BEST! Nancy Cornell Bonita, CA. San Diego Date of Stay July 27, 2011 This is an amazing home and location within walking distance of beaches for swimming and snorkeling. Tons of amenities like; a fully equipped kitchen, if you want to cook in and not spend the $$$ to go out, enough boogie boards and beach chairs for a small army, new front loading washer and dryerand much, much more. The owner is great to work with and happy to provide tips on places to go and things to do if you need them. Plenty of room for my husband and me with our 3 adult children. This is a wonderful place to stay.
- This is a great unit. It's an end unit right at the front of the complex. It has great home feeling and extremely clean. The owner is very nice and makes sure that you are doing alright. She wasn't kidding that this unit is extremely close to the beach. Beach access is extremely easy and the snorkeling is pretty good since you don't have to pay for anyone to take you to a spot. Just get in the water, swim for a couple of minutes and the coral and fish are right under you. My 14 year old nephew and I saw an eel and a sand shark which was very cool to see. The neighborhood this unit is located is very nice. It's also only 10 miles away from lahaina and approximately 5 miles from Kaanapli. I would rather stay here than in a hotel or resort cause it felt like home and it is a full kitchen and good size patio with a BBQ. Its very comfortable for 6 to 8 people. I hope to stay here again when I come back to Maui.
Darrin L., Pasadena, CA, 7.24.11
- Beautiful place, close to all activities on the west side of Maui. Great for children and large families.
Julie A., Saint Cloud, MN, 1.25.11
- Hale Napili is in a beautiful location and the house itself is lovely, and the owners are very helpful. It is well set up for large groups and I would not hesitate to recommend it. My only caution is that accessibility to the pool/beach is not very good for seniors or others with mobility issues, though even in this respect the owners were able to suggest a very workable solution.
Doug C., 1.27.10
- Unbelievable. One of the nicest homes I've ever rented. Perfect location. Beautiful view. Just the best!
Edward G., Westlake Village, CA, 7.2.06
- We had a wonderful stay at Hale O Wailele. The whale watching and turtles were fantastic. Not to be matched. The views spectacular. Their stereo system needs a bit of an update and/or repair on the speakers (they pop). The pool was too cold to swim in this trip but the decor in the home great!!! We were VERY comfortable!! Dryer has a slipping belt and was a bit noisy. Dryer duct is not sealed. The amenities were wonderful though all in all!!! It would be nice if you could turn the waterfalls down or have just one on at a time. We didn't use them much even though they were cool to have there. Very gracious owners.
Susan M., 4.17.05