- maui vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 386
Maui vacation reviews
- I'm almost afraid to recommend "Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure" for fear too many people will find out about it. My wife is disabled and finding a place right on the ocean in Lahaina where she could sit out back and watch the waves while the rest of us swam was a dream come true. It was a short walk down the street to Lahaina's Front street, close enough for her to walk with her walker. The property has every thing you could want, on the water and private. There is a main house connected by a covered walkway to a second studio unit with its own kitchen and bath. Plenty of bedrooms, bathrooms for all. The house was lovely, decorated with Hawaii memorabilia and the back yard had a hot tub, grill and plenty of outdoor seating to watch the ocean and sea turtles. Paul and Eddene the owners and caretakers live next door and are available when needed. The house is full of everything you could need, including a chest of beach shoes, lots of suntan lotions, cooking implements, condiments, and water sports accessories. It exceeded our expectations. Wish we could have stayed longer. We'd return in a minute.
David G., Santa Rosa, CA, 12.14.19
- The location and layout of the condo was perfect but it was filthy. We arrived to dead cockroaches on the floor and it looked like no one had cleaned for a year. Cockroach traps were on the kitchen and bathroom counters and dead cockroaches were in the cabinets. We had to wash the dishes before using them and the cupboards haven't been cleaned in a year. Our feet were black from walking on the floors that hadn't been washed, inches of dust were everywhere and the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. I was going to clean them but there wasn't any glass cleaner. The bathroom floor was disgusting and the hair ball in the shower indicated it hadn't been cleaned. We couldn't stand the filth but had to go buy a sponge because the one under the sink wasn't fit to clean a toilet. I tried to mop the floors, but the mop was so filthy that it just spread the dirt around. We washed the sheets before sleeping on them which was not a good way to start a vacation. Something gross was spilled on the bathroom door and the fridge door was covered with grime. Cockroaches ran out of the coffee pot, toaster and oven when we tried to use them. We planned on having meals at the condo but we didn't want to get sick. We understand that pests are common in Maui, but in our over 20 trips to paradise we've never seen anything like this. You need to get a refund from your cleaning person and hire someone who will do a thorough cleaning. You might want to check the condition of the unit before guests arrive. We love the Island Surf! We would not recommend this unit or book it again until it met minimal cleanliness standards. We have photos available of the conditions we faced if you are interested in addressing them with your cleaning crew.
Gary W., Seattle, WA, 10.17.19
- Much of the furniture was worn, especially the outdoor furniture. Lounge chair was so worn that it broke through when sat upon. All video and audio equipment was removed and tv was poorly set up. Overall premises were acceptable. A lot of locked cabinets and garages. Beautiful view.
Chuck P., Lake Oswego, OR, 8.4.19
- My family and I recently stayed at Hale Lanui for 10 days, and we had a wonderful experience! We had a family of six and had plenty of room in the 4 bedrooms. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have twin beds, one king bedroom, and one queen. The house does have a spiral staircase inside, but you can carry luggage to the top bedrooms by using the outside staircase to the upper deck, so it was no trouble to do it that way.
- Both upper and lower decks offered marvelous views of the ocean. The house is right beside Kalama Park, where the adorable little leaguers played ball on weekday afternoons (we were there in mid-April). When you're sitting on the lower deck, there is a walking/jogging path that goes right by the house, so you do get some park joggers and walkers going by during the day and evening. Tennis courts and basketball courts are a VERY short walk away (pretty much right next door), and my niece enjoyed shooting hoops in the evenings. The park does close at 10pm, so it was quiet at night and did not cause any issues with any disturbances while we were there.
- There is just a ton of stuff to do in Kihei, and lots of restaurant options and beach options nearby. The house is about a 30-40 min drive to Lahaina, entirely depending on time of day and traffic. It's a gorgeous drive, and we did it at least four times while we were there. One of our favorite things we did in Lahaina was take a glassblowing lesson at Moana Glass. If you do this, ask for Tyler. He was AWESOME. You can pick what you want to make, and then they teach you the basics of glassblowing and give you some hands-on instruction while you make your piece. It was fun, informative, and we got to take home some unique souvenirs that we made ourselves to remember our Maui trip!
- The house has everything you could possibly need as far as kitchen items and bedding, and did have a hair dryer available as well. We even found packing tape and a Sharpie in the kitchen drawer when we were trying to ship packages back home! So really...you should be all set with whatever you need. There are also several grocery stores very close by so you can buy any food or drinks that you may need.
- I can't say enough about the private pool in the backyard. Even though the house is close to the park, the way it's set up you would never know it when you're in the pool area. The landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it provides all the privacy you could want. The pool area also comes equipped with loads of fun things like noodles or balls that you can play with in the pool. There are two sets of large washers and dryers in a shed-type area outside that provide lots of room for washing towels or clothes. The hot tub is wonderful, and we divided our time between soothing hot tub jets and refreshing pool water. There are LOTS of beach towels provided at the house as well. Jessica is the property manager there and she was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. She lives right next door so she is readily available for anything you might need. We met the owners as well while there and they were wonderful. We also met Snickers the sweet neighborhood cat, who spent a lot of time with us outside lounging on the lower deck (maaaaybe because we fed her food and treats, but shhh. Don't tell anyone!). This house is about three blocks from the busy main road in Kihei, but the way it's positioned, you would never know it. I recommend this house to anyone who wants a fairly quiet house that's still close to a lot of Kihei action. I also want to thank Hawaiian Beach Rentals for all their help with the booking and payment. Thanks for a memorable, relaxing stay on Maui! I hope we will be able to return soon. :)
Lisa N., Roanoke, VA, 4.27.19
- Though this is an older building we found it very clean and well maintained. The two lanais provided great cross ventilation and we did not require air conditioning at all. The location is great and the park across the street is never endingly ineresting with something going on most of the time and the pathway providing an easy excersize opportunity and a great sunset watching site! Watching the surfing and paddle boarding parade each morning made our day. The only downside was the traffic noise but it was a small price to pay for the view.
Julie O., Kamloops, BC, 3.30.19
- Perfect Location and Excellent Accommodation Highly recommended. Friendly and helpful staff...special mention to Kim who showed us around when we checked in. Especially loved the stories about the celebs who live in Maui. Great tip about having drinks at Fleetwood's down the street. We were hoping Mick or Steven Tyler would show but no dice. But we saw Steven in Makawao riding his motorcycle and THAT was a treat! Only in Maui... Easy walk to the beach (2 mins max). Maybe 5 if you're carrying a paddle board over your head then you'll really appreciate the convenience of being so close. Brief stroll to get to town too. Really great location near the galleries and nice restaurants. Nice historic town with lots of charm but with Starbucks still closeby. Amber B., Seattle, WASHINGTON 12/2018
Guest H., 2.17.19
- A very special place in Maui! I was lucky enough to stay in the villa and it was A1. If you have a family and prefer to all stay together (and if you can afford it) this place is perfect. Great open layout and very spacious living area that extend to the backyard with another living/dining space where we had meals. We all loved the swing chair. The private bedroom was just as lovely. You have your own separate entrance although the room is still connected to the main house. It's large enough to be a studio. The service as you would expect is exceptional. Unlike some areas where a car is necessary, Lahaina's main attractions are super close that you can easily walk to town. M. Wright, Montreal, CANADA 11/2018
Guest A., 2.17.19
- We chose this home for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful time and give this villa our highest recommendation. For me, this was the best thing of our entire stay! We opted to base out of the westside for most of our stay and do day trips for maximum flexibility. Furnishings were rich and there was ample space for work and relaxation. We had the best time. This is a great rental. Service was exemplary. One gets a sense that they get a lot of VIPs staying with them, or they just treat their guests like one. We were made to feel very important. Maui is fantastic, everyone should go there. Everything that has been written about Hawaiian hospitality is all true.
Guest A., 2.17.19
- This is the place you need to be if you want beach and tourist attraction with plenty of relaxation. You get what you came to see and feel stress free after hours. We combined business with pleasure so my wife and I took the family along while attending a conference. Took care of the business part on the first half of the trip while my parents and kids explored Maui. Late afternoons we'd meet up at the beach then grab dinner in town. Very easy. We fired up the grill and cooked steaks when we stayed in for quiet evenings. Just movies, board games, or simply hanging out. When the conference ended we spent the rest of the week exploring farther out. Survived the drive to Hana but didn't get to see the sunrise in Haleakala. There was so much to do 10 days wasn't enough. I've been to Maui before but this was the first time it felt like a complete vacation with just the right amount of sightseeing and relaxation. The house was the perfect size and had everything we needed. Very clean and well thought out. Large rooms except for the kid's room which was just the right size. The extra tank of propane was nice to have when we ran out one evening. Guess we used the grill more than I thought. But the best part was the people and their genuine warmth and level of service from the moment we booked, to the day we arrived and left. We felt very well cared for. Opted for the midweek cleaning and the housekeeper showed up with ripe papayas from her backyard. Very nice. And the kids felt themselves very welcomed. The new sand toys were appreciated. Just one question remains: how soon can we return?
Guest E., 2.17.19
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Koa Lagoon #502. The grounds were beautifully maintained, including a very clean pool. The condo itself was very nice and had everything we needed. I especially liked having a washer/dryer combo in our unit. The view of the ocean was fabulous and we have pictures of stunning sunsets. It is ideally located in Kehei, being close to restaurants and shopping, as well as locations further south such as Wailea as well as to the north, such as Lahaina and the airport. A couple of recommendations to make the condo better would be: clean the bathroom better, particularly the sink counter and the tub area, and provide a hair dryer. We would certainly recommend this condo and the Koa Lagoon complex to anyone, and would love to stay there again.
Mary K., Oregon City, OR, 2.14.19
- Aloha We enjoyed Koa Lagoon condo 606 very much So peaceful, private, clean, nice walking beach, , views, beautiful sunsets and sunrises The lanai was do spacious and comfortable that we had breakfast and dinner on the lanai daily. Julie Waters was very good to work with, very responsive and friendly. I would definitely rent again and recommend. It was exactly what we were looking for. Only 2 things to look into: the water filter dispenser on the refrigerator works, but it floods underneath, (cleaned up and didn't use it) and the dishwasher was so creaky, it sounded like it would fall apart. Minor things, but thought you would want to know. Mahalo
Carol W., Palm Desert, CA, 9.26.18
- Gardenia was absolutely amazing. Beautiful unit in top condition. Excellent service. Dawn was outstanding, perfect Customer service and a joy to work with. We would definitely rent this unit in the future.
David S., 7.30.18
- We loved Mango Surf Beach front villa- excellent location, wonderful experience. Booking was easy. Very clean. We enjoyed it very much. We would recommend. Points for improvement:
- It was frustrating not knowing until we were leaving the airport to drive there if we were going to be able to check in early or not. Also confusing- when I booked I was sent an email about concierge services and a contact, who I booked 3 trips through. When I spoke with Jane about our contact for check in she said that I should have used someone else? Also simple questions like what type of coffeemaker/coffee is needed couldn't be answered until landing. The dishwasher needs to be attached to the cabinet- it tips out when opened.
Angela T., Salem, OR, 7.30.18
- Our group of 8 felt totally comfortable and at home at Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure. It was the perfect location to walk 2 blocks into town for shopping and eating out. The other direction was baby beach. Just beautiful! The ocean there was shallow and without large waves. It made Kayaking and snorkeling easy and enjoyable. The home was fully stocked with kitchen supplies, towels, bedding and so much more! Bikes, kayaks, boogie boards, BBQ, and lawn chairs. I would definitely stay here again. The home, location and accommodations were perfect for our group. We truly enjoyed our selves!
Tami J., Anthem, AZ, 5.2.18
- Awesome location! Booking agents very helpful but the local property management didn't see to coordinate well with the booking agents (locks changed prior to our arrival with no notice to us, notification of a plugged sink wasn't acknowledged though may have been fixed after a couple of days - again no notification). House itself was laid out well for our group of 11. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade but location, location, location. Everything within walking distance. Good for 4 stars.
Shaun C., TURRAMURRA, New South Wales, 2.17.18
- Overall quality very good Customer service excellent Excellent conditionand cleanliness Very satisfied Might rent again Best part of trip was seeing the whales We thought the pillows were not comfortable and the quality of the sheets was less than expected for the price. There were a lot of rules that we thought were not very sensible or reasonable but the amenties were excellent so overall no complaints.
Kathryn S., Palmeston North, New Zealand, 2.10.18
- H103 As far as the condo--it was perfect no major issues. Great views of the garden and pools as well as the ocean. The resort was maintained perfectly and the grounds were excellent. Convenient located in western side of Maui. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Things that might be address i feel are as follows: H103 needs to be remodeled in kitchen -- Did not like how A/C were connected with timers. But overall very nice unit. Would definitely use your resort again. All of Maui was great -- all were great. Things to share with others: Definitely the island to stay at. Quiet resort --
Troy G., Disputanta, VA, 1.23.18
- Very good place to stay. View is great. All amenties are good and useful. Defintely recommend others. Only concern was the old lock that was hard to open.
Johnny M., Virginia Beach, VA, 1.21.18
- Perfect location a short pleasant walk from Lahaina. The condo is at the corner of the building, so there are sunrise as well as sunset views. During the booking process we were helped by a professional and service minded booking agent. Full score!
Anders J., Stockholm, Sweden, 10.14.17
- We just returned from a week at the Hale Lanui house and we LOVED every minute of it. Great house, fantastic location, pool is amazing, room to spread out. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids ranging from 8 to 12 and we all had plenty of space. The two living spaces gave the kids plenty of place to play and the adults plenty of more quiet space. The yard was amazing, private and quiet. The pool gets great shade in the morning and late afternoon. The 2 washers and 2 dryers were great too! nice to come home with very little dirty clothing. There are plenty of towels and umbrellas provided. The kitchen is well stocked with everything that we needed. Go to the house before doing your shopping as they have lots of things already like oil and salt. Jessica, the property manager, was wonderful. We had questions about the alarm and the pool sweep and she took care of us immediately. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Maui. My only complaint.... time went by too fast.
Lyndsey E., San Jose, CA, 8.15.17
- The trip was excellent! The Hale Napili home was everything we hoped for and exceeded our expectations. The owner was responsive to our needs and we used their concierge service to arrange a catamaran trip to Lanai. It was the favorite part of the trip. The "community" pool was very good and the local beach was excellent for snorkeling. We counted 26 turtles one day.
Frank L., Fruit Heights, UT, 7.31.17
- The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need at beach home with amenities on your doorstep. Fantastic sunsets! One of the most beautiful beaches in the world is 15-20min walk along the beach, however the beach you are looking at from this apartment is nice too. Despite proximity to swimming pool apartment is quiet and you can listen to the sound of ocean waves. Definitely recommended.
Vlad C., Auckland, New Zealand, 7.18.17
- Been to Maui a few times along with other comparable destinations. Stayed in a number of resorts around the World and even got married in one. Forget all that, this is the place. Over 10 hours on a plane from across the country, trust me you won't miss it especially if, like us, you travel heavy! Then, you are there. Maui-- a stunning island. One of a Kind! The home was perfect the minute we set foot. Service, location, high-end but excellent rates, out of this World. You won't beat it - anywhere. We enjoyed all the activities just as much as the grand kids (teenagers) if not more. But on top was great food all over the island. The service was warm, caring and attentive. The caretaker called the next day to ask how we're settling. Special thanks go to Kim for her contribution but my agent, Mona, should be congratulated for finding us this place. Cynthia M. 6.17
Guest F., 7.15.17
- Everything about this home was exceptional. We wanted for nothing. The location was perfect and the home beautiful. The home was clean and the booking agent, Tyler as well as the property manager, Yvonne went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would absolutely book this rental again and recommend it to a friend. One of the best parts of the trip was the private chef that came in to prepare dinner for the family one evening. He and his staff were extremely professional and the food fabulous. Every course was enjoyed and raved about! Please recommend him to guests in the future! We used Allain De Leon of 'Got Chef Maui'.
Annamarie P., Laguna Beach, CA, 10.19.16
- We had wonderful time. The house was a great accommodation for our large blended family. Plenty of room for all and all amenities we needed were provided. The onsite caretaker was nice, prompt to respond to requests or concerns and helpful. We would both, book this rental again and refer to friends.
Martha R., Gilbert, AZ, 7.21.16
- The house is secluded and large enough for 14 guest with plenty of room. I would rent again. Booking Agent was extremely helpful, help plan a vow renewal and extravegant dinner.
Jon L., Riverside, CA, 6.24.16
- This property was everything we had hoped for our 3 generations. It was well maintained, the pictures were an accurate description of what we expected. Just beautiful. We enjoyed the pool for many hours and just sat and watched the beautiful sunset for many nights. We could also see whales out in the ocean. We were a family of 6 adults and 4 children, 13, 9, 8, 7. They also enjoyed the video games after a full day of swimming and enjoying the boogie boards down at Kehei. We went to Monkeypod restaurant and Longhis. Also had to local fish tacos. We would recommend all. Kids especially enjoyed the whale watching and snorkeling trip. The property managers place is on site and answered any questions we might of had. A once in a lifetime vacation for our family at a perfect location. The kids words were, awesome and amazing. You can't ask for much more.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Just returned from a fabulous vacation in Maui! This is our second stay at "Nani Pulelehua" and we are just as impressed as the first time. The home is very spacious and is beautifully designed both inside and outside. Much of the outdoor furniture is new and the linens are five star quality. The pool is beyond amazing with its "walk in entrance". Every amenity you could want is available and the onsite property manager is so gracious. Our favorite part of the house is on the lanai in front of the infinity edge pool. We open the large slider doors and enjoy the tropical breeze, while simply relaxing and watching another gorgeous Maui sunset. We decided to hire a local chef this time to prepare a very elegant dinner for us. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to make it quite special. We had called the owner ahead of arriving in Maui, to ask for recommendations of local chefs who are mobile. Akio outdid herself! She created a gorgeous atmosphere poolside with lovely candles, fresh orchids, relaxing music and amazing hors d'oeuvres. We then had a fantastic seafood dinner expertly prepared. Cocktails in hand and an amazing sunset.it was a truly fantastic anniversary dinner!!! Being able to celebrate in this home was genuinely priceless! The home is wonderfully quiet and relaxing. We loved not having to deal with a busy hotel and all its bustling activity. We will definitely be returning a third time!
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- ALOHA !! On behalf of our families, I would like to express our gratefulness for the opportunity to spend a week at this absolutely beautiful haven in paradise, the BUTTERFLY house in Wailea. WE were awed the minute we set foot on the awesome property, the photos and descriptions were spot-on but we were even more impressed to see it all in person. Such a comfortable house, bedroom and bathroom layout and outdoor areas for our large group of nine ... with space to spare! The huge kitchen and island were perfect for us, but the amazing patio, infinity pool and hot tub with spectacular ocean views were simply awesome and where we lingered morning, noon and night! So nice to be away from the crowds down on the Wailea "strip" - the house gave us our own little haven of private paradise. Very comfortable sleeping for our families too. Property was well-maintained and Ed and Sebella (sp?) were so wonderful, helpful and gracious to us, living there in the "casita" above the house as caretakers and on-site managers. Customer service was excellent. We would wholeheartedly recommend this lovely home-away-from home IN PARADISE to our friends and family (already done so !!) ... such a treat to have a large group able to stay together so comfortably in one place and dine together so easily. We simply loved BBQing and eating in nearly every evening so we could appreciate the sunsets each night from the house. TOO NICE to leave, truly! Favorite activites: SIMPLY enjoying the house and lounging there .... whale-watching from the house (awesome whale activity sunrise to sundown) .... WHALE WATCHING EXCURSIONS were amazing and highlights with Pacific Whale Foundation in Lahaina -- first on a small zodiak and again on a sailboat ... great walks down to the beach and along the beach path ... lots of mai tais !! One early morning trip up to Napili to the Gazebo Restaurant, a family favorite, with just me and all the kids - great fun always ! We also really enjoyed breakfast after the sunrise zodiak whale watching excursion at the Aloha Mixed Plate restaurant on Front Street, right on the beach. Otherwise, we enjoyed just being at the beautiful house. We will hope to return with other friends and family someday soon. Our warmest MAHALO for a wonderful vacation. Sincerely, Suzanne Roberts and the Roberts-Seeley Famlies of Issaquah and Bellevue, Washington
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- This incredible property was all that I was hoping for as the location for our 40th wedding anniversary celebration with our adult children and their families, including three infants under age 3. The house itself was luxurious with four huge bedrooms, including two large masters. The eternity pool was great for the little ones with its graduated entrance and non-slippery tiles. The hot tub was a treat for young and old alike. Every toy for every age group was provided; from spades and buckets to boogie boards, umbrellas, beach chairs and video games. The outside furniture is some of the most comfortable I have experienced. From the pool one day we watched whales frisking in the ocean for about 30 minutes; blowing and breaching and having fun. The south side of the house provided a quiet and dark spot for watching the night skies and my husband enjoyed many evenings of star gazing. We celebrated a birthday and and anniversary dinner on separate occasions and the well stocked and large kitchen allowed for easy dinners for 7 people all seated around the huge island. Both the owner and the resident managers are a delight to deal with, and the house was spotlessly clean. The linens and towels were lovely as was the decorating. The beds were exceptionally comfortable hotel quality. I would recommend this property to anyone requiring a luxurious, peaceful vacation.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Our family's 2nd visit in last 2 years- the house is amazing. We had such a great time relaxing by the pool, making dinners in awesome kitchen and enjoying life and sharing this beautiful time together. The birds are singing songs, the air smells like perfume with flowers and views were outstanding you can see the whales jumping in the water. This place will make your vacation extra special, it feels like home- and spending time with family in the perfect setting will make memories that last forever! You cannot get this experience when your separated in condo's!! We can't wait until the next visit soon! Blessed! xoxo Ps- great location close to all beaches, excellent amenities, nice and friendly owners, lots of space for large groups and family's.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Enjoyed Rainbow Hale - lovely furnishings, beautiful view in a quiet area. Would stay there again!
Susan S., 5.15.16
- The overall quality of the Kalapana was great! We enjoyed our stay very much as it provided us with all of the things we were looking for in a rental. The condition and cleanliness were good, and I feel we would stay at this location again. By far the best thing about this rental was the views! Both of ocean and the mountains. Spectacular to say the least! We received outstanding customer service by the rental agent and the property owner. Highly recommended!
Joelene H., Dickinson, ND, 4.25.16
- Absolutely the best location near everything without driving. Easily handled our three generation family and the on site caretaker was a gem. Otherwise all of the other items listed above were above what we expected, and our booking agent Paige Peterson was great! Only (-) thing about VRA was the concierge service NEVER did get back to me about what to plan for our blank day 12 hours between checkout and our plane departure.
Gretchen K., White Bear Lake, MN, 3.31.16
- We felt Maui Sunset 302B is part of a wonderful complex. The maui sunset as a whole has great facilities. however the unit itself needed updating, it lacked a number of basic utensils in the kitchen, i.e.: knives for preparing food. As is we would not choose Maui sunset 302B again but would be happy to look for another unit in the complex.
Sarah A., Coldstream, BC, 3.28.16
- The Maui Sunset complex is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate, they have a great pool and wonderful ocean front access. The specific room 401A was a disappointment. It is very old and dated. There was rust in the bathtub, there is only the bare minimum for dishes and utensils. I don't think there have been any upgrades to this condo since it was built in the 1970s. The cupboards are showing serious wear and there is unfinished tile work in the kitchen. On a positive note, they did offer Netfix which was a nice surprise. I would highly recommend the Maui Sunset complex, but I would never recommend unit 401A. We had family staying in two other units at the Maui Sunset and those rooms were terrific. It is likely we would stay at the Maui Sunset again but in a different unit.
Franshesca H., 3.10.16
- We had a wonderful stay! The condo was lovely, fully equipped with everything we could need. Loads of linens and towels, and hangers! Simple, but there are never enough hangers! Enjoyed the beach, made good use of the hot tub! Booking was easy and directions simple. Would definately book again! Thank you!
Karen B., Seattle, WA, 2.22.16
- When doing the original booking of this property in Mar 2015 - Bronson Balles was fantastic. We have used his services multiple times and every time i've had nothing but outstanding service! The quality of the Aloha Villas was above our expectations and it was a perfect set up for our High Performance Swim Program.
Vancouver National Swim Centre C., Palo Alto, CA, 2.15.16
- Overall quality: We were very satisfied with the rental. Location in Kihei was great. Loved the beach access. Furniture was very comfortable. Cleanliness was excellent. Outside common areas were clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing. Why a rating of 4 and not a 5 is because of the floor design i.e., the bedroom window is alongside a common corridor so one needs to keep the curtains closed for privacy. Even still, we would recommend staying at the Maui Sunset, and we would stay here again ourselves.
Norma M., Pinole, CA, 2.10.16
- The "Sea Shells beach house" if anything, is even better than advertised. After many different rentals in Hawaii we can say this was undeniably the best. Adding to our great experience was the absolute excellence of the management company on site. I wouldn't change a thing. We cannot wait to repeat the experience. Mahalo, Mark Cowett and family
Mark C., Bozeman, MT, 2.10.16
- I would definitely recommend Menehune Shores 320 as a great place to stay. We would book again and recommend it to friends. It is easy to access with a car and the location is central which allowed us to drive to many different locations on the island. Our rental unit was well equipped and the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms were perfect for 2 couples. We had a great view of the ocean and enjoyed many sunrises and sunsets. The booking agent was available by email or phone.
Louise C., New Norway, AB, 2.7.16
- The unit could easily be a 5 star. It needs the owners' TLC. They obviously do not visit regularly. As a consequence, they do not see issues like poor housekeeping, missing equipment, etc... The unit was very dirty when we arrived. We had to go on hands and knees to wash the floors. We had to get a professional to clean the rugs, a $80 charge. The TV is unacceptable! the DSL internet connection was very poor, and the TV package did not include the main channels like CNN in HD. Additionally, the HDMI ports would not work, preventing the ability to cast from our own devices. Plus no elevator for a month!
John M., Los Altos, CA, 1.11.16
- We have rented a number of Villas and Houses, mostly in Europe and this was the finest we have experienced. The house is absolutely fantastic both in design and location. We were a family of 11 and cooked most of our meals. The kitchen was compleat in every detail. The Concierge, Thomas, booked us a fishing trip and Luau and both were memoral highlights. This was our 60th anniversary and we couldn't think of a better place to celebrate this event than the Kahana House.
Ken F., North Vancouver, BC, 1.2.16
- I liked the layout with the two bedrooms separated. While the kitchen is updated the rest of the unit is quite dated. The beds are very old and uncomfortable. Also it was not as clean as I would have expected. There were clearly places where the vacuum had never reached. Also the lack of airconditioning in the living room made it uncomfortable at times. I love staying at Ekahi but would not stay at this unit again. On the plus side dealing with the rental agents was a pleasure and all done satisfactorily. There were a few maintenance issues that were dealt with promptly.
Wayne W., BLAINE, WA, 12.1.15
- Unit was clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of the beach, water and sunsets. Kitchen has most of what we needed and all appliances were in good working order. The couple of issues that came up were quickly settled with a call to the owner/and or contact. The facility has a wonderful pool and roof top BBQ area and every Menehune Shores guest we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Would recommend it to our friends.
Mary K., VANCOUVER, WA, 11.3.15
- We enjoyed a wonderful week at Hale Napili. It was a celebration of our 40th Wedding anniversary and we brought our family with us. There was plenty of room for our family of 13 and opportunities to swim, boogie board and enjoy the views and ocean shores. It was a memorable vacation. We recommend this lovely home to anyone who needs space for a family gathering. Kathy Powell Roseburg, Oregon
Katherine P., 10.6.15
- Hale Lanui is a lively, well equipped home. Our check-in was easy the property manager was very responsive. We are grateful that the bedrooms had recently had air conditioners installed. We were there during a heat wave and it would have been unbearable. It would be nice if the owners installed a unit in the downstairs living room. Even with all of the fans going and windows open it was extremely hot indoors. The beds and pillows were comfortable and bath and kitchens all very nice. Plenty of space for our party of 8. Just very hot this particular week!
Audra K., Dulles, VA, 9.8.15
- We loved Azure Azul M212 at Wailea Beach Villas. Our booking team and our concierge helped us get ready and the welcome was amazing. The condo is superb and it was stocked with everything one could imagine to make it a great family vacation. We loved the view from the deck and used it morning and evening. Cooking in the kitchen and on the Viking grill was fantastic. We also appreciated that there were spices and other ingredients that one needs a bit of to make a meal great. Thank you very much for an incredible week! Allen Smith
Allen L S., Topsfield, MA, 8.20.15
- Hale Napili was absolutely the right venue for our long-awaited 50th wedding anniversary celebration with our family, a gathering of 13 that included our 6 grandkids, ages 3-14. We knew this was the place when we first visited it 14 months earlier. The size and layout of the house fit us to a tee. We thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful setting, the pool, and the private cove along with many other beaches and sights on the island. As with any rental house, there are some things that aren't available or provided, but they were only minor and paled in comparison to what was there for us to enjoy. We would highly recommend this property to our friends, and in fact, we have some friends who have already inquired about it. Based on our week-long stay at Hale Napili, this is clearly a 5 star accommodation. The best part of our trip was making memories with our whole family!
Bruce B., Snohomish, WA, 7.30.15
- We were a family group of 13, ages 6 to 75. It was fun for all of us! Plenty of space to be together or apart. Beautiful, unique home, well supplied with towels and beach towels. We enjoyed the walk down to the clean, clean pool and the almost private beach. Lovely!
Ronald T., Olympia, WA, 6.30.15
- We loved everything about our stay at Le Douce Ambiance! The house was clean and well supplied, and we appreciated that so many supplies were already available and did not have to be purchased - soaps and cleansers, sandwich and food wraps, teas, etc. Ms. Cahill was very responsive and helpful, and gave us a good overview of the house and local places to shop, swim, visit, etc. Of course, the house and its location are exquisite, and the luxury and beauty of such surroundings enhanced our experience many fold. To the Prinzes, thanks so much for allowing us to enjoy their beautiful home!
Patricia X., Chevy Chase, MD, 6.22.15
- We had a great time at Maui Sunset. We like Kihei anyway, and had never booked here before. We found the check-in process easy and the condo was as advertised. Washer/Dryer/Refrig/Stove all worked well. The kitchen had been upgraded with marble countertops. A/C in all rooms although we didn't use it much as there is a nice breeze when the sliding door and front door are open. Its close to the pool and shuffleboard court and the kids really enjoyed being able to walk out the porch onto the lawn. We would definitely consider this unit again!
Lester J., Escondido, CA, 4.9.15
- - Quality; owner apparently does not exactly know the definition of quality, otherwise the floors would be clean, batteries would be in the smoke detectors and enough supplies would be provided for the length of stay booked. - Customer service did not exist, tried to contact the owner by email to no avail. - Cleanliness - since floors are 100% tile, they need to be mopped clean. - I would not recommend to a friend. Would probably try and find something better. - Best part of the trip was that apparently the complex bug control was good, as didn't see any creepy crawling insects, which are quite common in this area. But then I doubt that is something the owner has to do, so there you have it!
David G., Olympia, WA, 3.26.15
- We enjoyed our stay at 118B The room was nice overall but the mattress is warn and should be replaced (not recommended for those with bad backs). The location is awesome (near the pool). The hotel is in a nice location and the grounds are beautiful. The pool and hot tub are very nice. One thing is that the beach has a lot of coral which can be hard on the feet. Apart from the uncomfortable mattress and miner maintenance issues (washer agitator broken, leaky shower in hall bathroom, which I am sure will be repaired since we reported them) it was a nice relaxing stay.
Michael S., North Pole, AK, 3.24.15
- If I had known what I was getting in to I wouldn't have rented it. it was advertised as having a dish washer which it didn't. it was closed up and needed aired out when we got there, the smell was pretty strong. After a few days we realized we were directly over the trash dump when the trash collector pulled up outside our window. That explained all the flies.
Gary Y., Barberton, OH, 2.26.15
- We highly recommend the Maui Sunset. We paid more to get 518A which is a very well equiped 2 bedroom unit facing the water with a great ocean view.
Carl J., 2.23.15
- Beautiful spot and lovely grounds. Unit was in terrible need of repair. Paint peeling and all marked up, rust in bathrooms and kitchen cabinets falling apart. Carpet on balcony all torn up and furniture extremely outdated and dirty. Place was filthy, bugs, bedding and towels worn out and would never stay there again.
Duayne B., Coarsegold, CA, 2.21.15
- The "Kalapana" was exactly as advertised. A great layout, in a very private and quiet area, with great ocean views and all the amenities one could require. You may want to bring your own binoculars to take advantage of the numerous whale sightings available off the Lanai. Finally, the property manager was extremely helpful and accessible and her attention to detail was clearly evident. We would definitely rent here again.
Tim D., Clarksburg, ON, 2.2.15
- Love the location and complex. Exercise room was less than inspiring and this suite which has a very nice layout was just a little "tired"-torn carpet on the lanai, older appliances-stove especially and so on. As a base to explore the island this is a good choice.and will rent from you again. Service was good and friendly desk staff made the stay more enjoyable. Many thanks, Bill Sainsbury, Victoria, B.C.
William S., Saanichton, BC, 1.29.15
- First off, even though all communications from VRA indicated we would be staying in unit a-206, we were given unit b-202 not a-206. The customer service of the booking agent was great, really one of the only enjoyable parts of my experience with this rental. When we arrived at the building we informed by the person on the courtesy phone that our unit was b-202. Surprise. We obtained our key and were immediately confronted by the security guard demanding to know if I replaced the lock box. I informed him that I had, he said "well one is still missing". I fail to see how that is my concern. As we then attempted to proceed to our unit he barked at us to "whoa, hold on, wait a minute!". I don't even remember what he was demanding us, I was tired. We had been traveling for 16 hours by this point. I didn't need that nor did I appreciate his tone. Thank you for the "warm" welcome to Maui. The unit was dank and dusty and smelled overwhelming of fake flower carpet freshener. The sheets were old and worn and really used looking. I looked for a better set and found the next set was so full of holes it was like cheesecloth. Seriously. I would love to say I'm exaggerating. I did find a set that looked reasonable. The pillows were stained. Long and short of it was we were so uncomfortable with the idea of sleeping in that bed that we slept on the fold out for the whole trip. The knives were so dull that cutting anything was next to useless. The pans were just barely functional. The dishes were all covered in some type of film. We ate out mostly to avoid having to cook there, which defeated the point of our getting a rental with a kitchen. I refused to walk on the carpet in bare feet, one pair of my shoes thus became dedicated indoor shoes. The unit is so close to south Kihei road that all we got to hear was cars and sirens, not waves or the breeze. The knob came off of the shower so we couldn't turn it on. My boyfriend fixed it later with a tool from his leatherman. The towels were stained. White towels covered in stains, why would you put those out?!? Really?!? There was really nothing in the way of beach equipment or toys available for our use. A couple of slightly ripped grass mats, a broken foam booggie board and a pair of flippers. That being said I bought a lovely beach umbrella for us to use during our stay and left it in the unit. Maybe the next person with the unfortunate luck of getting this unit will at least have that. The grounds of the Maui Sunset are very nice and well tended. The pool is clean with ample lounging chairs. My overall satisfaction with the unit? So very, very unsatisfied. Especially for the price of nearly $280.00 per night CAD. I will never book this rental again. I will actively dissuade any friends or family from it. We will absolutely return to Maui, but certainly not to unit b-202 at the Maui Sunset. Based on our experience with this trip we will most likely stay at a hotel. The best part of our trip? So very sadly, going home...
Jennifer S., 1.18.15
- My wife and I have stayed multiple times at Lahaina Shores over the past 20+years with 5 or 6 stays being in the Penthouses. We were impressed with the remodeling that had taken place since our last stay at Penthouse 3 and in particular with the addition of a washer-dryer. Most customer reviews speak of the magnificent views, which are truly spectacular, however so are the views from several hotels in Maui. The two most important factors that keep bring us back are the courteous staff and the "quiet" surroundings. We come to Hawaii for rest and relaxation, not to party and disturb the other hotel guests. In viewing comments from some of the previous guests there are references to the fact that because they were a Penthouse guest, the service level was less than satisfactory. NOT TRUE. We were greeted with a warm and friendly, "welcome back" and thanks for staying again at Lahaina Shores and that friendly atmosphere existed throughout our 10 day stay. One final thought re customer service, there were 2 maintenance issues that we encountered which were addressed within 15 minutes of our service request phone call. I have stayed at hotels in most of the US States and in several International countries and have never been seen such a prompt response. My comments are best summed up by stating that I intend to spend my January 2016 vacation at Lahaina Shores and plan on contacting VRA to book my stay.
John S., 1.17.15
- Unit 323B at Maui Sunset is absolutely the best view in the complex. The unit is spacious and was clean. That being said, the accommodations are dismal. Beds are old and lumpy. The linens are threadbare and there were not even enough to supply our group. (3 wash clothes) Pillows were like slabs of cotton and there were not enough blankets for all the beds. Kitchen is adequately supplied but with cheap, cheap dishes and utensils. The grounds are beautiful and the pool and public areas very nice. It is a shame that you cannot swim on the beach which is right in front. The office is not very helpful. All and all I would go back to Maui Sunset but I would check out other units. I did not feel like I got a true picture from the booking agent.
Cornelia W., 1.7.15
- Great location! Right across from Kamaloe lll beach. Great amenities in the apartment we BQQ'D most nights!
Nicole S., North Van Couver, BC, 1.7.15
- Excellent location, and facilities other than the sofa bed. The sofa bed was not usable. The rental agent found a replacement and provided extra pillows. Thank you. The condo was very clean and in great condition. A set of decent knives and a broom were the only things we needed. It was a short drive to the beaches where we enjoyed surfing/paddle boarding almost daily. We would recommend this condo but would also suggest that if cost is an concern, less expensive condos were available if you have the time/resources to find them.
Kelly H., Ottawa, ON, 1.4.15
- This was a great stay for us. We had stayed at the Mana Kai 2 previous times, so we knew it was nice. The unit was great, nicely appointed and decorated, not super fancy but perfect for us. Booking was insanely easy, did it by email and never even actually talked to the agent. Mostly because I was booking airfare and making changes on the go to accommodate our schedule and flights. Overall an awesome trip for us, kids first time in Hawaii (teens) and they said it was one of our best trips. The beach access and facilities are great. Next time we go, we will try to get this same unit if we choose to stay at the mana Kai.
Jeff C., 1.1.15
- Good stuff: We loved the unit. Good views (both mountains!), quiet, perfect temperature with the cross breezes. Bed, pull out couch and day bed were all comfortable. All appliances/electronics worked well. Easy to keep clean (tile floors). Balcony is a great place to end each day. Lots of towels/linen available. Beach chairs and boogie boards available in the closet. The Maui Sunset has high quality communal BBQ's which is a brilliant idea. Meet/share a drink with lots of new friends as you cook up your fresh fish and veggies! Could be better: 2nd bathroom is very small (can't do anything about this but just a heads up to renters). Don't really need the love seat (it makes the unit a bit too cramped). Need a new clothes iron (I think the one in the unit is from the 60's). Booking was very easy. Jody L. was super-professional. Would definitely return to the same place and/or recommend to a friend. Maui rocks!
Bob M., Arnprior, ON, 12.31.14
- A lovely big house which accommodated our party of 8 adults and 4 children (aged 1 to 4 years). Everyone loved the large open kitchen area, external deck with plenty of seating and BBQ. The beach and pool are very close, which the children made use of every day. There were childrens pool toys available at the property and the pool area has plenty of seats plus outdoor toilets. A good shopping centre is within easy walking distance, with a great caf and supermarket. We would recommend this property to any large family groups. We stayed in late Oct 2014 Tony and Bev (New Zealand)
Beverley B., Auckland, 11.19.14
- The Aloha Villas has my highest recommendation. I am done with hotels after my stay at the Seahorse Villa. It is a first class place inside - clean and comfortable - from the quality of the appliances to the artwork on the walls. Location was perfect - supermarket 100 meters to the east and the beach 20 meters to the west. Unbelievable sunsets every night right from the balcony. I was travelling with my Japanese wife and her family. We all had an amazing time. Will definitely be back!
Charles E., Staten Island, NY, 11.10.14
- Overall OK and WiFi excellent!! Customer service ok but no reply to direct email query Was clean enough but lots of ants that got into food. I didn't appreciate expired meat in fridge. Rental ok but probably would not book here again. Beach was not as clean as others on Maui. I also did not appreciate being requested to wash the linen when no laundry liquid was provided. I did however purchase same and washed all sheets and towels that we used. We did not use the dishwasher after one use as the drain appeared to be blocked and water ended up all over the bench. Otherwise our visit was fine, the accommodation adequate for our needs and handy for all the places we visited.
Kathryn S., Palmerston North, MWT, 10.26.14
- I wish the description would have included that there really isn't a third bedroom - it is part of the living room. The condo was "mostly" clean. The bathroom with the tub was very dirty around the tub and shower door. We did find some minor things that needed fixed and the repairman was there the next day! That was great. None of the ceiling fans would work on High. Is that to control the electricity? We were accommodated for a late checkout (very appreciated!). We had a wonderful reunion and the condo fit our needs. I would recommend the rental to friends.
Janis H., 10.21.14
- House was beautiful and the location was perfect. Several things that needed correcting are: Main floors were dirty when we arrived. Internet service was very poor. Our week was very hot and having air conditioning in main living area would have been desired.
Ray A., 10.15.14
- The booking of this place was easy to do online and quick. I got my instructions and ck in information in my email. Got to the condo, and entered with ease. Place was clean and comfortable. Nice view of the ocean. The drawback and only thing was...... i had to purchase toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, and laundry soap. I left all of what i purchased.....for the next visitors. L. Weller
Lynell W., Moreno Vally, CA, 9.24.14
- Fabulous place to stay for a large group! We stayed with a group of 14 for a week. There was plenty of room to accommodate all of us. There were toys and games for the kids and the adults as well. The master bedroom was enormous and the rock shower amazing. Our group spent a lot of time at the pool and the cove. Make sure you take a kayak over to the next cove and swim with the giant turtles! Amazing adventure!We will definitely come back! Karen Dazalla, Rialto, CA.
Karen D., Rialto, CA, 9.15.14
- View is amazing. Well stocked condo. Needs updated nicer linens. Patio furniture is falling apart and screens on the lanali also need repairs. There was a problem with the sink and the toilet was unusable for a few hours while a plumber was on site. Great service, would come back for the killer views from the lanai.
Amy W., 9.5.14
- the perfect place for the perfect vacation
John W., Franklin lakes, NJ, 9.1.14
- 1 The place is lovely and well decorated with updates. The site is well stocked and we were pleasantly pleased. Our biggest dissapoinment was the air condition not working, and the inability to get it working. Moving to a site that was ok but not as well updated and spacious as the first site. The other dissapoinment was learning that the management company knew it was not working and even though a part was ordered prior to our arrival, but knew that the wrong part was sent. Alternative arrangements were not made to accommodate us , as well as not telling us upon arrival that this situation existed.
William and Carol S., 8.28.14
- Maui Sunset is an amazing resort, we had a wonderful time. But 223B was not what we were used to at the Maui Sunset. The furniture was dirty, the carpet was dirty, one of the chairs were broken, the bed in the master bedroom was hard as a rock and there are ants everywhere in the kitchen and baths. The owner of this condo needs to redo a lot of it before taking anyone elses money.
Annette W., 8.17.14
- The Wailea Sunset Estate was the best!! I celebrated my 50th birthday in that house and it was an experience like no other. The house was fabulous and in stellar condition!! Our Concierge contact for the house did a great job with making us feel very special as we got closer to our visit. We plan on visiting Hawaii again and I definitely will be using Hawaiian Beach Rentals for booking our next family vacation in Hawaii. Much Aloha! Thompson Family
Robert T., Porter Ranch, CA, 8.4.14
- We loved the location of the unit. We would have liked chaise lounges on the lanai, or at least the cushions for the one that was there. Everything inside the unit was fine, although the washer as difficult to access. We also would have liked cleaning supplies, like glass cleaner, more paper towels, and cleaner for the counter tops, so we could keep things tidier. We had a great time, as I said loved the location with the grass area, away from the pool, access to the beach. Our daughter, her husband and their 3 year old were with us and there was plenty of room for everyone. Our granddaughter loved the grass, beach and pool. I would recommend this unit to others.
Sue J., 7.30.14
- Really loved this condo. Was in a great location and very easy to get in and out of from the main highway. Nice and very clean and quiet complex. Will book here again for sure and would recommend. Only complaint would be on the lighting and seating in the den. Another chair and couple more lamps would be nice. Having A/C was great and loved the updated unit overall.
Jennifer C., 7.30.14
- Hale Napili is a fabulous house, and is in a great location. We give it a 5, although with a couple of qualifiers. One shower was out of service, and a second developed a leak while we were there. The first got a temporary fix after the second problem developed. There were a few other less than perfect issues, but overall it was a high quality, if pricey, environment. There was plenty of room for our party of ten. Our favorite experience was sitting on the deck enjoying the breeze and view. Service from both the booking agent and unit management was very good. The biggest disappointment was in the description of proximity to the beach. Instead of being "steps" away, there were 78 actual steps down a hill and another 200' or so to the beach and pool. The misleading description should be corrected. We would stay there again in a similar situation.
Roger B., Chicago, IL, 7.29.14
- Absolutely an amazing house the views are out of this world. I would definialtly suggest staying here to anyone. Great family home with indoor pool! I will return no questions asked.
Erica and Peter N., Hanford, CA, 7.24.14
- The overall quality of Coral Villa was excellent. The villa is tastefully furnished with very comfortable beds. The kitchen is fully equipped and has pretty much everything you would need. The view is spectacular. We enjoyed the residential feel of the villa - it was peaceful and quiet all around us. The shops are easy to get to and within walking distance. We would stay here again.
Anne S., Lexington, SC, 7.22.14
- everything was fabulous and exceptional. we will stay again.
Louis P., Plano, TX, 7.21.14
- We enjoyed our stay very much. The only thing we were disappointed with was the villa wasn't ready on time. In the future if that were to happen you should let the customer know. We would have gone grocery shopping prior to arriving. Overall tho our stay was awesome, we felt that everything else was incredible.
Beverly B., Geneva, IL, 7.13.14
- The location of 159 is ideal, great views and nice breeze. The refrigerator water/ice mechanism is broken, the ice gets stuck in the chute. You need a ceiling fan in the master bedroom, it is too hot back there unless you turn down the AC unit. The ceiling fan in the kitchen and TV room is fine, but it should be moved closer to the middle of the room so the entire room gets the breeze, this and the master bedroom fan if added will reduce using the AC unit and save money, both are very simple fixes. I would update the furniture as well. Also, you should work out a deal with the hotel so condo renters can use the hotel amenities, weight room, pool towels. We did not have any beach towels, we had to go and buy them. Overall, a great time, but you need some updates.
Peter D., 7.9.14
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The grounds, beach access, and pool are awesome. The house could use some repairs and updates but overall was good. We would stay there again. The owner called and checked in as did the management company. The booking agent was great to deal with. The house was clean and well stocked with towels, etc. The screens need to be repaired, the remotes for fans and ac units need to be labeled, and we noticed that some of the siding was starting to deteriorate. Overall we were very happy with our choice and would definitely rent again.
K.C. P., 7.3.14
- Our room was very, very nice with a spectacular view. It was very clean and many items looked fairly new. Very nice pool& beach with brand new outdoor barbecue grills. The Royal Kahana in general is very nice and in a wonderful location on the northwest side of the island. Plenty of things to do in the general area not to mention the entire island. I would recommend that you give this place strong consideration if you are going to visit Maui. I would go back there again.
William P., 7.3.14
- This was the first time we leased a house on Maui. We found the qulaity of the Kahana Hosue to be excellent. There is always and were some things that either were not working (barbecue) or that we needed additional assistance to operate. Both Courtney and Hans were excellent in their immediate attention and assistance. Condition and cleanliness was great. We were totally satisfied with the house and the attention given to us by Courtney. Here followup was excellent. Would definitely recommend it to our freinds.
Debra C., Bellevue, WA, 6.26.14
- Beautiful location with easy assess. Thrilled seeing turtles. Very nice house. Husband would have liked an additional tv and found living room uncomfortable. Rest of us had no complaint!
Faye Y., Milford, DE, 6.25.14
- The condo was a "5", beautiful, well-appointed and close enough to the beach to hear the surf sing us to sleep at night, even from the ninth floor. The beach here is a "3" (a little short for a good walk and a little above average for snorkeling; I would not rate it "5" as I would for nearby Kapalua Beach). Turtles are here and, on some days, bountiful (10 different ones within a one hour period on a Sunday afternoon in June) but the snorkeling to get to them can be a little tricky. We would stay here again in an instant!
Kathe F., 6.23.14
- We enjoyed a Hawaiian Dream Vacation thanks to our agent from Hawaiian Beach Rentals & the fabulous owners of Puamana 31-1. They thought of everything! The condo was beautiful, clean, comfortable and greatest of all had the best oceanfront around! We spent a great deal of time on our upper & lower lanais watching the waves & the occasional surfer or paddle boarder. We were within 15 ft of the ocean! We were super close to the gated community's adult quiet pool Oceanside, that we frequented. We were very close to Lahaina & its popular, fun Front Street! We would highly recommend this unit to everyone, as well as recommend our agent & Hawaiian Beach Rentals for easy, no hassle reservations! Thank you so much! We look forward to getting to return to this place in paradise!
Jill W., 6.23.14
- I've worked in real estate and know how easily properties can be photographed to look bigger and better than they are. MVP Pinnacle was a delightful surprise. The photos looked amazing and the house in reality was even better. well laid out. Superb quality construction. The views are beyond description, both out the back and out the front. The house was clean and well-stocked. Our greeting was warm and efficient. I have recommended MVP Pinnacle to many, and we hope to return ourselves. The best part of the trip was relaxing by that infinity pool as rainbows arched over the cane fields, and just feeling grateful. Joy.
Lisa D., Santa Cruz, CA, 6.13.14
- The Accomodations were excellent. Our only complaint is that there were only 4 bath towels in the unit and we had 5 people, so we had to use one of our pool towels as a bath towel.
Jon B., 6.9.14
- The Resort itself was in a great location and beautiful setting. This particular unit I would not go back to. It has all of the original everything in it. From the front door and door mat that made you feel like the unit was filthy once you walked in the doors. The kitchen was not furnished with updated anything.from no "glass" wear other than plastic mixed matched to dishes on unlined original cabinets. Made you feel like you needed to run everything through a dishwasher before using the dishes/glasses, etc. I would recommend the resort but not this unit until such time as they went through and "cleaned" it up.
Jill J., Bend, OR, 5.19.14
- This home is gorgeous!. The folks at Hawaiian Beach Rentals did not miss a beat and the Property Manager, who lives next to the home we rented was very friendly and helpful. The house was spotless when we arrived. Everything was in great working order, plenty of gear for the beach and pool was stunning. The views were over the top as the ocean could be seen from the main floor and if you looked the other way the mountains were right there. We basically ate our breakfast and dinner on the patio every night and spent the mornings at the beach. Every afternoon and early evening were spent in the pool and then we rinsed the chlorine off using the outdoor shower. Cooking most all our meals saved us quite a bit of money as eating out can get quite expensive. The house was decorated as an island home should be but it was done with such exquisite taste yet it was not ostentatious by any means. Going forward I will stay there!. I actually cannot pinpoint what the best part of the trip was but the house certainly was impressive. The yards were gorgeous as well. Oh yeah, lets not forget the ocean views at sunset........ We had 6 people for a week and there was plenty of space for all. I think to have many more it could get crowded. One thing to keep in mind. Quiet time was 9 P.M. to 8 A.M as it is a very quiet residential area. Because it is so quiet your voices travel so be sure to be attentive to the time. I have already shared my experience with my friends and I am sure there will be some business coming your way as well as my repeat business..
Kathy S., Hollister, CA, 5.12.14
- Hololani B-802 was a great place to stay. It was fully equipped and the view was FANTASTIC! the customer service is excellent; they respond quickly if needed. Unit #B-802 was clean and in good condition. I would stay in this unit again.
Sharon C., 5.12.14
- The home was just as nice as portrayed. It was in very nice condition and very clean Overall satisfaction poor. Nothing to do with the home, just the property manager I could not recommend this property or stay here again. The problem with the property manager was initially my fault for not reading the contract thoroughly, but trusting that to others. We invited people over for a family and friends BBQ, the property manager came over and told me this event was not allowed and that all non registered guests would have to leave immediately. Then she stood outside as our friends were leaving. This could have been handled much more professionally when you are paying $1000 a day! The next evening three of our eight registered guests had returned to the mainland, so my wife invited her two bro
Tom E., Hermosa beach, CA, 5.6.14
- * The overall quality of the "Puamana 150-2 435 Superior OF." Appliances not working, broken patio furniture. The Air conditioner broke down, sliding door wouldn't close and the quality did not match the price paid. * The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. The booking agent was very helpful and very timely responses. * The condition and cleanliness of the rental. Poor. Stained carpets, very dirty couches, mould and mildew in bathroom shower stalls. * Your overall satisfaction with your rental. Poor. 3 / 10. View and location were great. * Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? No. Not this unit. * What was the best part of your trip? The location and the view of the ocean. * Anything else you would like to share with others. Cleaners were still cleaning 1/2 past our check-in. The complex was secure, we felt safe, close to Lahaina, walking distance.
Lisa F., 5.6.14
- I enjoyed the place with my family. The quality of the 2 BR is excellent, the condition and cleanliness is excellent. I will recommend the place strongly to all family and friend. It is sure I go back to the same place on my next visit. M. Assem
Mohamed A., 5.5.14
1 - 100 of 386
Maui vacation reviews