- Kailua vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 259
Kailua vacation reviews
- The layout of Hale Ainoni was perfect...each bedroom had it's own bathroom, AC units for each area and ceiling fans if preferred, large living room with plenty of seating. The BBQ came with a full tank of propane. The pool was a relaxing way to start and end the day after being at the beach. We were a party of five adults and an infant and everyone was happy with our stay. Nice to stay in quiet Kailua while only being 20 minutes from Honolulu. We would stay there again and recommend to others.
Priscilla W., SEATTLE, WA, 10.3.19
- The house is literally just in front of the beautiful Kailua Beach. The house has an side door access to a toilet and shower, so you can always go back to the house when necessary while you are enjoying your day at the beach. It is clean and simply but beautifully decorated, and towels, kitchen and dining items are plentifully there for use. The floors are clean, and you can enjoy the Hawaii-style "barefoot" living with no concern. The backyard is with well maintained lawn, so you can just walk barefoot from the house to the beach through the yard. We also enjoyed workouts, playing catch and other activities as it is large enough. Body boards, some floats, and beach chairs are ready to use as well as a large barbecue grill. The point that may be improved is the house gets quite warmed up during the day, and there is only one room (a bedroom) with air-conditioning. There is no A/C in living room, so especially in the evening and at night you feel quite hot. Someone also commented, but some birds have nests in the bushes, and they make noise at night. Only at night. Quite noisy. If the key to the side door to the bathroom is provided, you would feel more comfortable and secure when enjoying the beach with your entire family.
Hidehiko Y., Hiroshima-shi, 34, 8.14.19
- We loved everything about this vacation home. The house was spotless, bright, and airy. Our family of four was so comfortable and relaxed in the spacious rooms. The casual but stylish beach decor was much appreciated. We had almost all meals at the house for the duration of our stay because we enjoyed eating on the lanai by the pool so much. The location was ideal. We walked to watch the sunrise every morning at Kalama beach park and then walked along the beach to Kalapawai market for coffee, one of our favorite holiday traditions in Kailua. Our kids ages 11 and 13 loved boogie boarding. This was a perfect base for some day trips as well, including Kualoa ranch, the Polynesian Cultural Center, and Turtle bay. We also had an easy drive in to the Ala Moana shopping mall. This is our fifth time vacationing in Kailua and Endless Summer is the nicest house we have rented. We will want to return and will definitely recommend it to friends and family.
Gudrun A., VICTORIA, BC, 3.28.19
- Home is in a great location, a 2-3 minute walk from a beautiful sandy beach, not much people traffic on the beach making it quite private. The house needed a bit of upkeep, insecure windows upstairs, broken kitchen sink plug, small fixes that would have made a difference. Pest control sent out but a bit too late for our liking, knowing that the owner was there the week before and hadn't arranged it beforehand. Kitchen well stocked with cooking and eating dinnerware, glasses, pots, blender, etc. Kids loved the pool and pool toys plentiful.
Joyce P., Spruce Grove, AB, 11.17.18
- The home was very nice and customer service was great. The house was clean we were very satisfied with the home. I would book it again and it was great for the whole family. It was close to the beach and stores had a nice gas grill for barbq's. The only negative thing was that the hot tub didn't heat up. It was a great location with plenty of things to do.
Frank B., El Dorado Hills, CA, 7.30.18
- This is the perfect place to stay!
Paul C., Hesperia, CA, 5.6.18
- Rented Tropical Breeze but was put in Monet. The bed was not very comfortable, kinda hard.. Cleanliness was good. We were there a few days and there was toilet tissue in upper cabinet above toilet, and one day cleaners were there for other unit and took all the toilet tissue and laundry soap for our unit. We had to go buy some. The refridgerator was very old and very loud even at night. Condo was great other than that. Close to beach and very nice quiet neighborhood. Probably wouldn't book again. Oahu is ok but prefer Maui or Kauai.
Howard P., Anchorage, AK, 2.8.18
- great location and excellent property. had everything we needed!!
Brook H., Portland, OR, 1.2.18
- Property was clean, close to beaches and good food. View was spectacular. Owner very responsive to needs and very friendly. Would definately stay again.
Stan R., Memphis, TN, 7.31.17
- Wonderful home, completely and beautifully furnished. Even sandtoys for grandchildren, and beach chairs and umbrellas for others. Lanai our favorite place to relax and eat. The house is very close to beach access and Kailua town center. Highly recommend. Great service by rental agency.
Hope W., Raleigh, NC, 7.31.17
- Very clean and looked recently renovated. Very comfortable with the air conditioning.
Shirley B., San Clemente, CA, 7.23.17
- The house was as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures. I think it was closer to the water than we thought which is awesome, even though too rocky to get in there it is a beautiful view and we loved it. 1st time in Hawaii and it was all and more than I expected
Robin J., Odessa, TX, 10.24.16
- We had an amazing trip to Hawaii and the house was just perfect! The house was well maintained and clean. The pool was amazing and we spent time in it daily. The location was ideal, only two blocks from the beach. I highly recommend this house and we will definitely rent it again on our next trip to Kailua!
Elena G., Birmingham, MI, 10.10.16
- Location, location, location! This cottage is in a fabulous location and is very clean and well maintained. Everything is in very good condition, and the linens and towels were high quality. There was plenty of closet space, ample parking, easy beach access, and good air conditioning in the bedrooms. The only negatives were that for the price paid to rent this home, I would hope they wouldn't mind renters running the air conditioning as much as they wish; however, there are signs asking renters to shut off air conditioning if they go out (leaving the home stiflingly hot upon return from dinner or the market) and keeping their air conditioning no cooler than 72. Further, the washing machine is old and runs very short cycles, and leaves sand in the drum if there's even the slightest trace of sand on bathing suits or beach towels. There is also no drain stopper in the tub, making it impossible to bathe small children. Also, the wifi was very weak and couldn't even be detected on our devices until day 3. Finally, the hot water ran out quickly and took a very long time to heat up again. I recognize these are small things, but these are what I would recommend fixing/addressing to make this a flawless rental!
Jill W., Cary, NC, 9.12.16
- The condo was clean and in good condition, and we had a fantastic time in Kailua!
Mark C., Dublin, OH, 8.20.16
- The Beachside Villa was a beautiful spacous house with many nice amenities. Jennie Gratz was very helpful in helping us find this place and make arrangements. The place was very clean and neat when we arrived. Kepola was very helpful with the arrival arranges for us and answered a few questions we had before arrival. Shawn was there when we arrived and showed us around the house. We only had one small problem with the pool remote and Shawn came right over and got it straightened out. We really enjoyed this house. Its so close to the beach, it came with beach chairs and other beach gear including towels. The kitchen is so nice and stocked with some basics including lots of spices. The house had lots of spaces to gather and its was perfect for our extended family. We would definitely rent this place again and recommend it to friends.
George I., Plainsboro, NJ, 8.15.16
- Our stay at Nani's cottage was wonderful. The house was spotless, air conditioned and supplied with everything we needed in the kitchen, as well as linens, towels and beach gear. The beach access was one house over and very convenient. There was a spectacular view of the sunrise from the upstairs bedroom! Misty arranged for us to check in smoothly and was a pleasure to work with. A dining table and chairs out on the deck would have provided a place for meals for the three of us as the house has only a counter with two stools. I would highly recommend this rental for anyone who wants to enjoy the beach at Kailua away from the crowds.
Joanne S., Centereach, NY, 8.12.16
- Serenity Cottage was a hit with our small family. We are originally from Kailua so it was a perfect location on the beach for visiting with our local ohana. Love having the barbecue grill to cook out and the cottage was very clean. So sad to leave and ready to return next vacation time. Aloha and thank you.
Julianca M., Villa Rica, GA, 8.7.16
- Overall a great vacation rental. This vacation home was spacious and our family had a lot of room to have individual space and not feel cramped in close quarters. It was exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable. Great location and convenient to the beach. The owners were extremely easy to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We would recommend this vacation home to anyone and would rent again on our next trip to Oahu. Thanks for making our family vacation wonderful.
Alton W. & Tammy C., Sulphur Springs, TX, 7.10.16
- We really enjoyed our time in Tranquility Beachfront. The views and beach access can't be beat. The house was well stocked with towels, kitchen items, beach items etc. A few suggestions: -I don't think the BBQ works-we could not get it to light. -The pull-out bed in the den is not usable due to the mattress in the couch which was a shame. The room is on the beach side so we really wanted to use it for sleeping. -We couldn't find a full size broom or Swiffers (both useful for a stay of a week).
Melicent P., San CArlos, CA, 7.1.16
- We loved our stay at A place in Hawaiian Paradise. The house is clean, in prefect condition and contains all the amenities one would want. The view of the water is breathtaking and the little walking path to the beach is delightful. Steven is excellent and helpful and took care of all our needs. I would definitely return and recommend this home to anyone.
Bernadette P., 6.28.16
- Definitely 5 star house. Beautiful tiled bottom pool with great spa. This was the second time for our family renting this house. Rental agents very responsive and helpful. Perfect location with just steps to Kailua beach. Because this was our second visit to the home we noticed the home shows some worn but still almost as good as our first visit. I highly recommend this house for a great family vacation. Thanks again for a wonderful vacation rental.
Gary T., Valencia, CA, 6.24.16
- We found the overall quality of "Laulea" to be excellent. The condition, cleanliness and layout of the house bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry, lanai, living rooms, pool,,etc. made for a very comfortable fit for the 9 adults and 2 month old infant affording privacy and wonderful family gathering experiences. The kitchen was amazing providing first rate appliances, all the gadgets, pots and pans, cutlery, china etc one could ask for to prepare meals for our brood. The location of the rental was exceptional as well, right across the street from a glorious beach, near shopping, eating and all types of sports rental facilities. It also had easy access to the sites of the Island, Waikiki and Honolulu. The house is in an attractive residential area, providing quiet but also not far from "the action." (as our two teenagers can confirm) an excellent home base. Probably the best part of our trip was that the house made it possible for our whole family to enjoy this beautiful island together. The customer service was also exceptional. The VRA website was a pleasure to use. Throughout (pre- post arrival) the property managers patiently, thoroughly and with good humor answered our many questions. They were always available if needed but never intruded in our privacy. The trip was a celebration of our 50th Wedding anniversary and the property manager' went out of their way to make it a memorable occasion. They are very special people , giving true meaning to the Hawaiian word "Aloha". We would definitely rent Laulea again if we returned with the family to Oahu and have already begun recommending it unreservedly to others.
Leonard and Susan W., Shorewood, WI, 6.16.16
- Great, except for the 20 or so drunks that were partying on the beach with a bonfire yelling and screaming from midnight till 2AM+/-.
Teresa C., Lake Forest, IL, 6.14.16
- We loved staying here. The booking was easy. On sight people were very helpful with a couple minor items. House was very clean and kitchen well stocked. Wonderful location less than 1 block from ocean and beautiful beach. You can hear ocean waves at night through open windows. Only draw back was no A/C. Breeze and fans were sufficient to keep house cool most nights. We would stay here again!
Linda L., Redding, CA, 6.6.16
- Location - 5. Kailua beach is the best on Oahu and the property is located in a great part of the beach, close to the local market, beach park, local shops. Cottage - needs updating. Sliding doors in bedroom and one sliding door in lounge room are broken and can't be opened so you can't get any sea breeze though the room. You need to use the air con to cool the bedroom which is not ideal. Furniture - is out dated and too big for the tiny lounge room. Get rid of the huge TV cabinet and put the TV on the wall. Impossible to watch TV for more than 1 person without having to move all the furniture. BBQ - didn't work even though you say it does, it doesn't stay alight. (yes there was gas in the bottle). Kitchen - the fridge is old and rusted, not a good look. Get an electric kettle, as the gas one takes forever to bowl water and doesn't whistle either. Sharing - this property is on the same block as the main house. You should let your potential guests know that they may be sharing the property with another family. I am sure both renters need to know this as they may not want to rent if they know they are sharing the same property. Value for money - 2. You pay too much for what is on offer. Please keep you property maintained. Agents of the property - 4. They were attentive to our requests. Thanks. Overall - I wouldn't want to have four people staying, it's just too small. OK for two people. Would I rent this again knowing in its current condition? - No.
Graham B., Church Point, NSW, 6.4.16
- The house looked exactly like the pictures. Everything was clean and in great condition; the house is elegantly furnished. We were completely satisfied with the rental and would recommend it to anyone who would like to be in a quiet area. It is not far from a beautiful, quiet beach.
Lisa C., Napaskiak, AK, 5.31.16
- My friends and I traveled to Oahu for the first time this week. What an amazing place. We stayed at "Hale Ainoni" and were very satisfied with this home. It was in a great location near the beach in the town of Kailua with shopping and restaurants within a 5 minute ride. The beach was a quick 2 minute walk. The home was clean and fully furnished with everything we needed for our trip and we really enjoyed sitting on the patio in the mornings and evenings. There were 6 of us there and everyone agreed that if we ever get back to Oahu we would definitely want to stay at the same place.
Deborah S., Belhaven, NC, 5.18.16
- Hale Ainoni was very clean and comfortable house located in a quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of Kailua town. The property manager was very professional and helpful, but not overbearing. She made sure that we were comfortable on the first day, and left us to enjoy the house. Having a bathroom, and air conditioning for each bedroom was a plus. The pool was a refreshing treat. I recommend this property to anyone who's looking for a quite place to stay.
Neichelle T., HONOLULU, HI, 5.3.16
- We really enjoyed our stay at Makana's Place! The living room area provided a wonderful place for sitting around with morning coffee or evening wine. There was plenty of room for all 6 of us, and it was VERY quiet, and clean. There are ample fans and AC in the rooms, but opening the many windows for the nice sea breezes was also a lovely option. It is not particularly near the beach, which I would have preferred, but it is priced more affordably than many of the other places because of that (I assume). When you think about it, however, most folks want to explore beyond Kailua anyway, and we were there for a wedding so it didn't matter. Misty was a wonderful host/contact for our visit. We would recommend this place, as long as its distance from the beach was not an issue. Also, there was plenty of parking on the site, which was nice because street parking in that area seems rarely available. Thanks!
Ann T., June Lake, CA, 4.21.16
- My family and I had a wonderful time at the rental. Location was fabulous. Just a block from the beach. Misty Martin was was helpful to our needs. I few negatives though. Not enough coffee cups, there were 6 of us and only 3 cups, so we had to purchase some at target. All the mattresses need to be replaced, there was not a full tank of gas for the grill, we ran out, but Misty did take care of that immediately. Overall we did love the place. This was the first time I ever rented a house and would definitely do t again.
Lori L., 4.8.16
- We were very impressed with Serenity Beachfront Cottage. Loved the location. Four of us stayed there and it was the perfect size. It was clean. Comfortable. I would definitely recommend this house. I would most definitely rent this location again.
Sandra D., Lincoln Park, NJ, 3.28.16
- Exceptional home. Steps from a great boogie boarding beach. Our family enjoyed the gourmet kitchen and upscale design of the home. We loved the wood and tile flooring and open house layout. The booking agents were friendly, helpful, and warm. This luxury home is close to Honolulu and the Polynesian Cultural Center (we loved this). We are planning a return visit!!! Mahalo!
Joy E., Las Vegas, NV, 3.27.16
- This is a lovely house with a fabulous location just a few minutes walk from a wonderful beach. The layout of the house is great with three very private bedrooms each with its own bathroom. The yard is great with a big lawn for kids to play on and a pool. The reason we can't give this house a 5 is due to the lack of upkeep. The kitchen is poorly stocked making it hard to cook food. There is no whisk, no spatula, no garlic press, no scissors, a lot of small things needed for cooking were missing. The dishwasher is an old machine that takes many tries before it starts, isn't attached inside the counter and wiggles around when opening and closing the door, and it's extremely noisy. One of the cabinet doors in the kitchen will not stay closed. It is a cabinet right next to the stove at the place were you stand when preparing the food, so the door keeps opening and bumping your head while cooking. Only one bulb out of three over the dining table is working. The lamp sits too high up making it impossible to change the bulbs. One of the main glass sliding doors is broken, making it very hard to open and close this door. The shower door in one of the bathrooms will not close, resulting in water spill into the bathroom every time someone showers. The pool pump was not working so we had to call and complain to get that fixed. The gate does not close automatically as stated. The wifi network name in the directory is wrong too.
Per T., Portland, OR, 3.24.16
- GREAT location so close to the beach! The house was very clean and well appointed, especially the kitchen. We had several issues with things not working including the dishwasher and the upstairs shower had no hot water. Property manager was responsive to our text, but they had no one available to fix dishwasher for 3 days (after we checked out). The website claims they have a queen sized master bed but it is actually a double. My husband had to sleep on the couch because the bed was too small for two people. Need to add A/C to the upstairs bedroom as it is too hot to sleep upstairs (and this was in relatively cool March). Also, ALL the downstairs windows were opaque and covered by curtains so it felt very claustrophobic. Need some place for 4 people to eat meals together- maybe add a table out on the deck?
Greta M., Pacific Grove, CA, 3.10.16
- We loved the house, I wish I could give it 10 stars!! The neighborhood was quiet and private, the house was clean and supplied with everything we needed. It was wonderful to have our family all under one roof, as opposed to a hotel, and with enough beds and baths to serve all. The beach was amazing and so close, and we appreciate all the beach toys that were made available for our use. It was a short trip into town for anything we needed, it couldn't have been more convenient. We had a wonderful time with our adult children and grandchildren and I highly recommend this rental. Thank you!!
Laura N., Hillsboro, OR, 3.2.16
- Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Endless Summer Getaway. While its best attribute was its fairly central Kailua location, it is 2 houses away from a main road which generated persistent traffic noise. The neighbors were loud, dogs frequently barked, and this house was not the peaceful sanctuary that we had imagined. When we arrived, we were surprised to discover the house is behind a large gate, locked with a padlock, which must be locked and unlocked each time you want to enter or exit the property, due to the pool not being separately fenced in. Access to the house is perpetually inconvenient as you have to get out of your car, unlock the lock, roll the gates open, then pull your car in, roll the gates closed, then re-lock the padlock. There is not a man door so the same process must be used when going for a walk or bike ride. The house was clean but all of the outdoor garbage/recycling bins were full, in addition to 3 open bags of beer cans from the previous guests, that we were expected to take to the curb on "recycle day". I don't mind taking trash bins to the curb, but this task was disgusting and the overflowing garbage should have been removed by the cleaners prior to our arrival. We were not aware Endless Summer did not have air conditioning. Had we known, we would not have stayed here. It was terribly hot on days without trade winds and 2 of the 3 bedroom floor fans did not work, making our party of 4 very uncomfortable. We used the other fans continuously and kept the doors and windows open, in direct contradiction to Endless Summer's instructions which indicate that guests should close and lock all doors and windows prior to leaving each day. This made us concerned that the area wasn't safe and perhaps prone to break-ins, but after locking the doors and windows on the first day, we discovered that the house becomes 85 degrees and intolerable, especially without air conditioning available. We rejoiced the first day upon discovering a spa next to the pool. We were sorely disappointed when the property manager, Misty, told us the spa doesn't work and wasn't "advertised" as being an amenity of the rental. In that case, either repair it or fill it in with concrete! The good news: The coffee, snacks, and large bottle of water were a nice touch and much appreciated. It was nice having a stove rather than hot plate, and one of the reasons we chose this rental. We used the 2 good boogie boards, it was nice that those were available - however, the broken ones should be discarded. The bad news: No ice maker in the freezer and the refrigerator was not as cold as we expected. Time for an upgraded fridge? Insufficient toilet paper and paper towels to last us through our stay. We had to buy more. Received "reminders" to take out the trash/recycling on trash night, which made us feel like we were being spied on by the property manager. Several outlets in the bedrooms and kitchen did not work. Could not turn on the ceiling fan in the living room (closest to the pool) and have its light off at the same time. The remote for it did not work. The pool cleaner came during the day without our being notified. It would have been nice to know ahead of time when this person was scheduled, especially since we had doors and windows opened. Summary: All in all, I feel like we were duped into this rental. Everything looked great in the pictures, but the reality was less than ideal. The fact that the owner/property manager doesn't allow reviews or show the property's availability on HomeAway/VRBO should have been my red flag to avoid this rental. Candid reviews would have given me more information on what to actually expect but would likely be a kiss of death for this operation, which is probably why reviews aren't allowed. Unfortunately, for my family, the "good" didn't outweigh all the negatives/inconveniences that we encountered while staying at this vacation rental and we were left feeling a bit so
Emily B., Anchorage, AK, 3.2.16
- We were very happy with our stay at the Serenity Cottage. The home was exactly what we expected. There were no surprises and we were happy and comfortable. There were just 3 of us, 2 adults and one child. Plenty of space for us, but 4 adults would be pretty crowded. The location is the number one reason to stay here. Amazing access to a fantastic beach. With a small child in tow we could easily come and go from the beach multiple times a day. There were beach toys, chairs, and coolers available. It was an effortless way to spend our vacation, just playing and relaxing. The home is older, very classic Hawaiian in it's set up and appointments. However it was spotlessly clean and the beds and linens were good quality. The kitchen was well stocked and we were especially happy to have abundant supplies of things like soap, trash bags, and paper towels. The only quibble I have is that the BBQ is succumbing to the elements. One of the burners was rusted over and could not be lit. It will need to be replaced soon. That didn't stop us from grilling, it just meant only half of it was in use. We had a couple of issues come up while we were staying, and Misty, our contact, took care of them just fine. After staying in quite a few rental homes over the years in various locations around the world this is the best experience we have had. I would be delighted to stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
Ruth S., Seattle, WA, 2.29.16
- We had a great time at the palace!! Very clean and accommodating! Only negative was that the mattresses were hard. Other than that it was perfect!! Also a big thank you to the owner for the welcome basket of goodies!!! We truly appreciate you for allowing us to stay in your home!! God bless!!!
Terri M., Athens, TX, 2.21.16
- We had a wonderful time staying at this rental. We recently stated for five days with our two young children and had a great experience. The house was perfect and had everything we could possibly have needed. The location was amazing! Only 120 steps from the beach. Misty was very helpful throughout the booking process and following up with us during our stay. We will definitely be returning here for our next trip to Hawaii. Thank you!
Shannon N., Kaneohe, HI, 2.17.16
- We had a fantastic time at this lovely location. The house fit 3 couples and a baby extremely well. It was well stocked with all the kitchen items you might need. You will need to do your own food shopping but that is close and there are many choices. The yard is a very special place for everyone to enjoy, tons of room for the kids to roam. Boogie boards, sand chairs, kids beach toys, BBQ, Beach towels these are all included and in good shape. We enjoyed a lovely meal on the front covered patio as it was raining one night. It was super fun. Kapola was very professional and easy to work with. She saw we needed lighting in the living area and provided that for us. What more can I say.....this is Paradise!!!
Nancy S., Redmond, OR, 2.5.16
- I rented Kaapuni Kainani for my family's visit this past week specifically because of the large lanai, giant yard, quiet/kid-friendly street and proximity to beach access. I cannot tell you enough how OBSESSED my family was with the home! Literally everything about it was just perfect! The kids (an 8 and 4-year-old and two 2-year-olds) were able to run and play and explore to their hearts content. If they wanted to hop over to the beach for a little while, it wasn't a huge mission (like it usually is with 4 kids!). Not to mention that the house had all the amenities of home, and more! Will DEFINITELY be staying here again!
Dana W., Kailua, HI, 1.19.16
- Everything was as described, the house was spotless, the location was on a quiet cul de sac but only a short drive south to great beaches. House design was ideal for our family of 10 to spread out for quiet time at night but spend the day together in the common areas. One glitch on arrival (a circuit breaker had tripped for two of the air conditioning units) was literally fixed in minutes. Overall a 10 out of 10.
Neil H., Pittsford, NY, 1.4.16
- We stayed during Christmas and New Years. It was so sweet of them to put a tree up for us. A lot of nice Hawaiian touches throughout. Place was clean and well stocked. It was very roomy and can sleep a lot of people comfortably, although we only needed the 3 bedroom unit for 5 adults and one baby. I was surprised that the full-size kitchen didn't have an oven, but it did come with a microwave/convection oven combo and a large crock-pot which served us well as a replacement. Only drawback was, that the floor was dirty. It was swept clean, but the bottoms of our feet were black after walking on it for a little while. Would have been nice if it was mopped before we checked in. Other than that, I would definately recommend Makana's place and would rent it again. Great value!
Chris T., Bellevue, WA, 1.3.16
- Great place to stay in Kailua. It's walkable to the beach (15-20mins), but we (and the owners) recommend driving as there was a lot of available parking early December when we were there and you could bring all your beach stuff. Kailua Beach is beautiful (we much preferred it over Waikiki) as is Lanikai Beach (went to see the sunrise). Stayed here for 4 nights for a double family vacation (8 adults). The property was great, clean and well-maintained. The beds were good; the cot was apparently not that comfortable, but my brother still slept on it for 4 nights, no complaints. There are only 2 bathrooms so we had to juggle the showering schedule to accommodate all of us and make sure there was hot water. The owners live in the house connected to the property and were friendly and accessible if we had questions. We made use of some of the beach equipment they provided as well as the BBQ and the outdoor patio space. There's a whole foods and smaller shops/restaurants within 5-min drive.
Gina W., Somerville, MA, 12.21.15
- A very spacious house, modestly furnished, but fittings and decor pretty tired. Clean and otherwise comfortable. Location was handy but not special. Good service from the agent
Graham F., Christchurch, CAN, 12.16.15
- We are former residents of Kailua and have family on Oahu that we visit multiple times per year. When visiting Oahu, we get a vacation rental in Kailua/Lanikai area. This was the best rental we have ever stayed at. We will definitely be returning!
David M., San Bernardino, CA, 12.7.15
- The house was great. Everything was sparkling clean and we loved how spacious it was. We also had a welcome basket waiting for us which was a nice touch. House is only about 2 minutes drive from town centre and only a few minutes drive from the beach. Absolutely loved our stay and would highly recommend it to others.
Maja D., Sydney, 10.25.15
- Very comfortable cottage for four people. Well stocked and clean. BBQ with outdoor table and chairs. And the outdoor shower was great. A stones throw from the beach. it was perfect for our party of three and would work well for four with the queen and two singles. The chairs, ottomans and loves seats pulled together made the other two beds. This was cramped for our teens when another family of three joined us for two nights. The area was quiet and convenient to all amenities one might need. We enjoyed out stay very much.
Karen C., Rimbey, AB, 9.29.15
- Shangri-Law-By The Sea lives up to the name. What a Beautiful home! Shangri-Law is very well maintained, so welcoming as soon as you enter! We stayed with a group of 9 and everyone was happy, comfortable and absolutely hated to leave for check-out. If you're thinking about renting this home stop! Rent it now! You won't regret the choice! Make sure to bring surf shoes, you can get close to the Pacific but it is a rock shore. Great swim and boogie boarding is at most 15 minutes away and you can see those beaches off the ocean side landing. A big plus is the shopping. Safeway 5 minutes at most and you can make what you want at home. Plus plenty of wonderful dining options around Kailua. The pool and hot tub are a very nice touch, incredibly refreshing and the design is awesome! From booking to our agent on Oahu this was what we wanted and hoped for. If we have the chance we would absolutely stay at Shangri-Law again! If it's your first trip over like our's was, Arizona, Missouri, Bowfin and the aviation museum need at least a full day and probably a day and a 1/2 If you're thinking about it , DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul B., Fleming, CO, 9.9.15
- I would give it 4 stars. We loved the house, the location was great. The beautiful Kailua beach is a very short walk. The house was very open & clean. The only thing that was not available to use & was actually advertised in the overview did not work at all & was dirty. That being said, we would book it again & would recommend it to others as a great place to stay.
Lucy L., San Jose, CA, 8.27.15
- Pro's: Excellent customer service in booking and checking into Serenity Beachfront Cottage! Location, condition, cleanliness, parking - top notch. Had everything we needed for a wonderful stay. Cons: This property and neighbor share a vast beautiful yard leading to the beach. Small "fence" separates a small section between the homes. The moment we arrived we were stopped by the neighbor lady and instructed not to cross the "line" of her property. She made it clear that she doesn't like renters. Serenity Cottage is very close to her property (front doors line up, separated by this see-thru fence) On one occasion she was sitting on the floor in the doorway of her home silently glaring/staring at my 11 year old son through the fence. She made us feel like we were intruders, very unwelcomed. We were walking on eggshells for 9 days doing our best to be as quiet and unseen as possible. She has a LARGE black dog that barked - a lot. I HIGHLY recommend a better fence to separate the properties. As is, there is no privacy to her frequent staring and glaring looks. We made a point to stay at the beach/town and were not in the house a lot. Because of her we would not rent there again. As a side note, SHE crossed the "line" between the properties frequently.
Casey P., Richland, WA, 8.24.15
- Aloha! The Hale Ainoni was a perfect fit for our family. My husband & I with our 3 teens, along with my hubby's brother & wife. The pool was well used & needed, being Canadians from a dry area, the humidity took some getting use to, that's where the pool came in handy after the beautiful beach & exploring the island. The house was perfectly clean when we arrived & loved the beachy feel to the home. The A/C ran perfect! The beds were super comfy!! Everyone of us would recommend this rental. Not only for the house, but the location was perfect. We did purchase a few items that we left behind for others to enjoy. The floatys were fun while in the pool, when out of the pool, the adults made ice baths one for each side of the outside table to dunk our feet & fixed the fan we found inside to keep the air circulating around us. Made for a perfect spot to sit outside while playing cards & having a "cool" one!! Huge thanks for sharing your beautiful home. Mahalo, The Vanderkracht's
Michelle V., 8.16.15
- Very nice house. Great location, just a few steps from the best beach we've ever been too. Pool/spa really nice, but small. Pool fence great amenity with kids. Walking distance from town. Clean and mostly updated. Overall, we really enjoyed the house and the trip. I would recommend the house with a couple of caveats. But, overall, we really enjoyed the house and the trip. A few negatives to be aware of. The sliding patio door to the pool would not lock/unlock without a significant amount of jimmying and effort. I cut my finger trying to unlock it the first time. The dead bolt and catch were rotted by the sea air. Was such a hassle, we just gave up. The rental agent's assistant didn't really make an effort to fix, just told us to work with it. The normal agent for the house was on vacation, so someone else let us in. The downstairs TV seems to have a very old cable TV system. Was very hard to figure out and we basically gave up trying to watch TV. DVD (Netflix)/TV upstairs and downstairs were fine. Balcony furniture very strange shape and not comfortable to sit in. There were 4 boogie boards in the garage but two were cracked and unusable. The third has no strap, the fourth has torn off side linings. Beach (camp style chairs) were usable, but very worn, some torn, and rusty. While the house is very nice, I do think it was over-priced by $200-300. Colin, our booking agent, was very helpful in getting everything taken care of. I'm 50/50 whether we would consider this house again. If the above issues were addressed, and the price was a little lower, would be more interested.
David J., 8.15.15
- Overall, we were happy with the place. Thank you. There were a few minor issues like the main lock did not work or the kitchen floor was not clean, but the response to correct things was good. You should look at the sliding door going to outside. I suggest to have a better onboarding process. Meet the new renters, walk the house with them and let them know about the parking situation. I think some of the neighbors are not happy with the owner renting his/her house. This could be why they complained about our guests parking in the cul-de-sac. In fact, we saw three cars parked (not ours) in the same spot for the entire week we were there. If we go back to Kailua, we would consider renting the same place again. The only reason I am bringing up some of the minor issues is because if I had owned the house, I would have wanted to know. Mahalo, Mahmood
Mahmood G., Bellevue, WA, 7.29.15
- We had a great 7 day stay with family of 6. The house has been remodeled and is very spacious with three bedrooms plus a 4th small bedroom with a closet and a pull-out couch. Very large master bedroom with a king bed, a walk in closet and a large bath with 2 sinks, and a large shower. Each of the 3 bedrooms have their own bath. Very clean with lots of spaces that allow for separate activities. Great pool with a covered deck for outdoor dining off the very large, glassed-in living room. Also another deck off the kitchen with glass table and 4 chairs for breakfast or separate dining. Perfect location: 1/2 block from Kalama Beach park, and Kailua beach is beautiful: great body surfing, boogie boarding or just swimming. Great for long walks on the beach. Extensive shopping is less than a mile and my adult children rode the 2 bikes or walked for grocery shopping, Peet's coffee, burritos and shave ice.. The best restautant nearby is the Kalapawai Cafe and Deli (don't let the name fool you) - great dinners that start at 5:00. It's the top rated restaurant in the area, and it has a great wine list reasonably priced. Opens at 6am for coffee and goodies, and has a nice lunch. Mindy is very attentive and responds immediately if there are problems. Very highly recommended.
Scott H., San Mateo, CA, 7.26.15
- our stay was great. the only two things I would change. you need a few more beach towels. the washer dryer don't handle much and they get pretty gross quickly. also, the a/c wasn't a problem with the winds, but with the neighbors renting too, some are up really late and very loud and you need to be able to shut the windows to drown out the noise but you need the air. the house was spacious and beautiful.though. thank you
Rich S., Phoenix, AZ, 7.23.15
- Our stay at the Martins Hale was very enjoyable. It was clean, comfortable, and well stocked rental unit. Thank you Misty for your excellent service in providing us all the information. We enjoyed the hospitality of Debbie, unfortunately Jerry was out of town and we did not get to meet him. The welcome package was a nice touch and much appreciated. We would definitely recommend this rental to a friend and would rent again if we visit Oahu. Enjoyed the close proximity to the beaches and Whole Foods Market! This location also has easy an access to the freeway to visit other parts of Oahu. Mahalo
Grace B., 7.12.15
- The size of KK was great, with many baths that helped with 9 people. Wonderful for a large group. Customer service was good although after we got there had to ask for bedding for the additional bed, fans and hair dryers which had been requested before we arrived. For a $500 cleaning fee the place should have been spotless, it was not. The floors left our feet black, bedroom lamps were full of dust, dust under the beds and under the bathroom cabinets. How about sending us a refund of the cleaning fee. Screens were torn. Upstairs shower would not turn off. The kitchen needed utensils. Don't think I would book the rental again or recommend it unless it was cleaned and repairs completed. Most of the lawn equipment was old so had to buy more including two boogie boards and leave it for the next renters. The location and the beach was the best part of the trip, Kailua beach is the best.
Russell R., Vancouver, WA, 7.11.15
- The Beachside Villa is just great. We had our grandkids (1-5 years) plus 5 adults and the house was perfect. The place is open, very well furnished, very well equipped for Hawaii. The pool was a super bonus. We cannot say too much about the layout and attention to detail in the house itself. Check in/out was a breeze. Overall, we were all very impressed and will be back for another stay.
Bruce S., Charleston, SC, 7.10.15
- This home was a perfect fit for the 3 generations who vacationed together. Our contact person was prompt, helpful, friendly. The rental was clean and well supplied down to the kitchen tools and games cubbard. We loved the covered outdoor patio living space and contained shaded backyard space where the pre schoolers could play safely. The large front yard was spacious and fun for all ages...ball playing...tree climbing. We were maybe 300 feet from the ocean ( the best) and within a 10 minute walk to the shopping/ restaurant area. Great location and would consider this rental in the future! Thanks again, Misty!
Deb Mike M., Baden, PA, 6.28.15
- This was a great place to stay with the group of 8 family members. A short walk to a beautiful beach. Away from the heavily trafficked tourist spots. A pool to relax in away from the beach. The only down side was only 3 bedrooms were air conditioned. Not too hot to sleep, but the rest of the house, if you were hanging there for the day was hard to find a cool place. Any problems we had were quickly attended too and resolved. I would have no problem recommending this retreat to anyone, just be prepared for some warm days.
Michael C., Jacksonville, FL, 6.27.15
- Bed size is all queen and king . If two room have twin beds , it is more better . I hope so .
Toru T., Nagoya, 23, 6.19.15
- Excellent place to stay with a lot of nice touches you'd find at a resort. The managers were incredibly warm and hospitipal and we loved Roxy the friendly chocolate Lab who greeted us each day. Great location in the heart of Kailua with easy access to shops, restaurants, beaches and freeways. It was great having a full kitchen, living/dining, bedroom and bath. Only suggestion would be to upgrade the mattress. Highly recommended!!!
Kuulei P., Los Altos, CA, 6.2.15
- The lanikai cottage was a lovely little cottage that has been renovated in a beautiful simple style sympathetic to the area. It was as described and shown in the photos, and clean and tidy. The kitchen was wonderful and there was plenty of room for the kids to play outside, along with a few indoor kids toys. It was lovely to take a short walk across the road and down the little path to swim, or a few blocks walk/drive down to the sandy section of lanikai beach. Our family of four really enjoyed our stay here.
Christina (Nina) C., Sunshine beach, QLD, 5.19.15
- Great house, very clean, lots of room, comfortable bed, great location and quiet. Would recommend to a friend. Price was affordable.
Jeffrey K., Midvale, UT, 5.16.15
- Makana's Place is immaculate. The pictures really do not do it justice. It is completely updated and very tastefully decorated. I probably did not read the description well enough but we were surprised to find that it is attached to the owner's house. This is not at all a problem since we only saw them once when we checked in. They are very nice so even if we did see them that would have been fine. They are very respectful of your privacy though. The rooms were perfect. Each had air conditioning making it very comfortable for everyone to sleep at night. The kitchen was fully equipped which was very helpful because we did not want to eat out every night. We would definitely rent this property again. It was so relaxing, comfortable, and had more than enough beds to sleep our family of 11. Thank you so much for sharing your home to make our family vacation so special.
John M., 4.28.15
- I thought the whole booking process was easy. I know that I got a better vacation residence through your service than any other place I looked. I WOULD RENT THIS PROPERTY AGAIN!
Patricia G., Boulder, CO, 4.17.15
- I give "Endless Summer Getaway" a 5+. My family and I loved this home. The pictures were completely accurate. The home is large, inviting, clean, convenient to the ocean, and made our vacation to Kailua so very memorable. Misty Martin, the property booking agent, was wonderful to work with. I rented this property approximately one year ago and had many questions over this time period for Misty. She answered every question quickly and efficiently. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND "Endless Summer Getaway" to everyone.
Deborah M., 4.13.15
- The overall quality of the "Endless Summer Getaway." Great place and a great location. There are some minor repairs and items that need replacing that I would recommend before renting it out again. These were not issues that hampered our stay, but were a bit surprising. 1. Both hammocks are in need of a replacement and are unusable in their current shape. They are literally falling apart. 2. The foliage around the hammocks needs to be trimmed. If the hammocks were intact, there would be plants growing right in to it. 3. Two of the lounge chairs by the pool (not the wooden ones, but the mesh ones), are collapsing in the middle and are not useable. 4. One of the burners on the stove is not functioning. 5. The handles in the bathroom off the 2nd bedroom with the attached bath are falling off. 6. Toilet papers in the same bathroom are falling off 7. The fridge door has a difficult time staying sealed. Not sure if the magnetic strip is wearing, but something to be aware of. 8. Pool toys placed in the barrels on the pool deck were very dirty and not usable. Would suggest placing them in the garage closet so they stay clean. We ended up buying two floaties which we left at the house. 9. Mattresses were not very comfortable. They were very squeaky and hard. I would recommend putting in a higher quality mattress. The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Excellent. Very responsive. Responded quickly and accurately to all of our requests. Couldn't have asked for more. The condition and cleanliness of the rental. Issues mentioned above were the only issues. The remainder of the house was very clean and absolutely met our expectations. Your overall satisfaction with your rental. If it hadn't been for the location and the booking agent customer service, I would have rated the house a 3. That said, the location and experience more than made up for it. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Yes. I would hope the above issues are addressed, but would stay here again regardless. What was the best part of your trip? The pool was awesome. A little cold (wouldn't mind a couple degrees warmer), but overall very nice. The quick walk to the beach was great and super convenient. Anything else you would like to share with others. I was a little put off by the state of the hammocks and the lounge furniture. They are both advertised in the pictures on the site and should be well taken care of. That said, we would absolutely stay here again. It was a great trip, great location, just the place needs a little TLC.
Ryan W., Marysville, WA, 4.5.15
- Had a lovely experience there - great energy. High quality and space for all. Beautiful dcor and well looked after by the family. Wonderful kitchen for us to cook in. Close enough to the beach - in a local neighbourhood. Close to the shops in Kailua = perfect!
Jeannette O., Moffat Beach, 3.30.15
- The house was lovely and located perfectly. We enjoyed our stay. Thank you!!
Shirley B., Livermore, CA, 3.28.15
- Laulea did not disappoint. Nine family members seven adults and two young girls easily shared the space. Separate bedrooms and baths allowed for privacy while the common areas easily accommodated us all. The girls were in the pool multiple times most days; the more youthful adults struck out morning and evening for runs, walks, and climbs without every pulling a car out of the drive. Standing in the middle of the private drive/road brought Kailua Beach into view. Although, the street in front of the house can be very busy, the neighborhood is quiet. The location is ideal for exploring any of the regions of Oahu. Unless traffic if completely bogged down, it is not much more that a 30-minute drive into Honolulu and Waikiki, and coastline drives to the south and north are easily accessed from Kailua. Peter quickly addressed a couple of minor issues with the house. If looking for convenient, luxurious space I recommend Laulea without reservation and personally wouldn't hesitate to rent this house again.
E. Faithe L., South Colby, WA, 3.24.15
- The booking at this Kailua address was great and met all our requirements. A rendezvous of four couples from four different locations was going to be a tough match, but this did it. Misty (our Coordinator) ensured we knew where to meet her and how to access the property. It was well equipped and prepared for beach play. It was clean and neat and large enough to generate most favorable comments from all concerned. It was close to our action point at Waimanalo and close enough to Honolulu for additional touristing. After wandering about Waikiki it was nice to return to the slower pace and much less crowded Kailua. Next time we visit Hawaii we'll take advantage of the house rental service.
David F., ALEXANDRIA, MN, 3.2.15
- My family and I had the pleasure of staying at the Endless Summer property in February and we all loved it! We were in hawaii for a wedding and for my mom's 70th birthday and wanted to stay outside of busy waikiki. Kailua is a lovely town! The property was clean and spacious. Minutes from town and an easy walk to the beach too! Location was also an easy drive to waikiki as well as the north shore. My family had such a relaxing time. All of our questions about the property was answered immediately by the property manager too. Loved our stay...loved Kailua...loved endless summer!
Lynh S., San jose, CA, 2.25.15
- It is good to be home, but it was wonderful to be in Hawaii at Shangri-La By the Sea. This home is situated in a beautiful neighborhood and has the best neighbors. The house is very grand and dramatic but comfortable as well. The pool and pool dining area was our favorite place to be. We came together every evening to have dinner by the pool and talk about our day. The kitchen was really well equipped and the beds were wonderfully comfortable. There was a small shopping center with a Safeway that was close to make shopping very easy. I would definitely recommend this house.
Joanne R., Portland, OR, 2.24.15
- First off property is very nice. Property rules called for quiet hours but yet neighbor on one side had a little party in front yard every night. Did not bother us but if you are going to have house rules I would think it should be consistent with the neighborhood. Had hot water issues and owner was pretty accommodating with a solution but to me this is major item to not have working. Also, grill did not have grilling tools so we improvised. The refrigerator ice maker did not work, that would be nice, property was advertised with a full kitchen and ice makers are pretty standard today with house rentals. it is Remote control for HVAC unit not working, I fixed myself using other remote batteries. Could not get the DVD player working. Owner only supplied a starter roll of paper towels and toilet paper. From my research this is not standard practice with vacation rentals for short term rental.
Alfred J., Tempe, AZ, 2.12.15
- My family and I loved the location. The accommadations were almost perfect. Just a few things I will mention. On one of the mornings we found a dead mouse in the kitchen. Not a big deal, but for some folks it could be. No sharp knives in the house and we ran out of propane early on in the trip. But...Misty, the property manager was always available and was able to provide us with answers and propane. The house was a good fit for our multiple family members. We will not hestitate to book ourselves or recommend to a friend
Debra L., Stockton, CA, 1.24.15
- The unit was clean and well laid out. Some of the finishings were worn, particularly the master bath. The location was great with easy access to the beach and Kailua Town. Considering the price the unit was acceptable but not as well furnished as other units we have rented in Kailua.
Robert L., 1.11.15
- We just returned from staying 5 nights here during the Christmas/New Year's holidays. The home is very clean and comfortable and located 1 block from a beautiful beach. We grilled seafood on the grill and hung a hammock (REI portable) between two trees in the peaceful backyard. The pool is well maintained, but was too cold for us to venture in at this time of year. We walked the beach every morning and took the 2 beach chairs and straw mats to the beach in the late afternoon (after daily exploration of the island) and stayed for sunsets. I highly recommend this home and would not hesitate to book it again.
Debbie J., 1.6.15
- Overall "Shangri-La By The Sea" was excellent. Misty, the booking agent addressed each of our problems quickly and completely. We needed more details concerning the recycle and composting, regarding the details of what can be recycled in Hawaii (which is different than our area) and what can be composted. The notebook was helpful but needed more detail. The water heater is on a time clock which doesn't keep very good time. While doing dishes from evening meal there was no hot water. Found water heater and reset the time clock. Later in our stay we had to reset the time clock again. I would book again at this lovely home and would recommend it to friends. The best part was just being together, but the floor plan allowed each family their own area. There were several seating areas and the view of the bay was stunning. You can walk up and down beach in back of house, but rocky. Take the short drive down to the beach park, it is absolutely best beach around. Our little ones loved it. It also affords shade trees for those who need to get out of sun.
Phillis R S., 1.1.15
- Such an exceptional rental. My relatives were really impressed by the space that was available. The owners even took the time to decorate the whole house for Christmas. I definitely recommend this place!
Gilbert M., 12.30.14
- We stayed last week at this beautiful property. Our family was there to celebrate an engagement and it was just perfect. We have stayed at this property before and loved it so much we wanted to come back. The beautiful huge lawn with the beach just beyond was perfect. It's a great location for walking into town and with the beach just steps away could not be more ideal. The house has a lovely front porch for gatherings as well. It was clean and is equipped with everything you need...plenty of beach towels, bath towels, extra blankets, the kitchen has all that you would need. I can't say enough about this home. We look forward to returning to "our" Kailua home soon!! We worked with Kapola and she could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Thank you for everything!!!!
Sharon A., Kirkwood, MO, 12.18.14
- If there were halves I would have rated our stay a 3.5. This was our second visit to Kailua Kai. We absolutely love the property, the beach and the set up of the home. However, the home has definitely become worn. I know being on a beach you will have rust and deterioration of things, but we were surprised by how much was weathered. It almost seems to have been poorly maintained. We still very much enjoyed our stay and would love to come back to Kailua Kai, we just hope that maybe it will be a little "nicer" when we do. We have stayed at a few different properties on Kailua beach and for the amount of money that we spent at Kailua Kai, we had expected it to be in the same beautiful condition it was in during our last visit there. The home was clean, just needs to be spruced up. Everything else was amazing, the customer service was wonderful.
Jayna S., Loomis, CA, 12.12.14
- had a great time here! Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, and the apartment was in perfect condition with everything I needed, exactly as seen in the pictures. Thanks!
George Eric S., AUSTIN, TX, 12.9.14
- We loved the place! The owner was very nice, the house was very well maintained, super clean, and has nice furnitures. It was much much better than what we were expecting from the photos. Definitely recommend to anyone, and I will come back again for sure. The beach is about 5 minutes drive. Thank you again for the stay, we loved the christmas decoration!
Yuji S., Kirishima-shi, Kagoshima-ken, 12.8.14
- We loved staying at "Laulea"! The home is beautiful, and immaculately clean. They provide almost everything that you might need for your comfortable vacation at the beach, including beach chairs and toys. There are 4 nice-sized bedrooms, and 4 full bathrooms. The heated pool is a definite plus, especially this time of the year, when the beach can be cool and windy. There is also an outdoor shower near the back-gate entrance, which is perfect for rinsing off after a trip to the beach. The kitchen is fully stocked with all of the appliances that you might need down to a rice cooker and a good blender. The location is also great - right at Kailua Beach Park, and just a stone's throw away from the Lanikai Loop, which is nice for running (3 mile loop). We rented bicycles at "The Bike Shop" in town, and we were able to ride safely to all of the stores and restaurants in Kailua town at all times of the day. The customer service was fantastic - everyone made it very easy for us to travel to the home. The only suggestion that I have is to fix/replace the dryer, which wasn't working too well while we were there. Otherwise, everything was just perfect. Thank you!
Marisa B., Tucson, AZ, 12.4.14
- We spent one week at Laulea. We were two families comprised of 4 adults, a teen, and three children. The home was exactly as described and pictured on the website. When we arrived we were greeted by a welcome basket of goodies and Hawaiian music playing on the sound system. The home was spotless and well appointed. We spent countless hours on the lanai, morning coffee, afternoon cocktails and family meals... All while watching the kids enjoy the beautiful pool. One nice surprise was the assortment of pool and sand toys, beach gear, and coolers. The location was wonderful .... Close to many places we wanted to visit and also just across from a beautiful beach. Peter was accessible and available. We definitely recommend laulea and would return in a heartbeat!
Tad D., Silverton, OR, 11.25.14
- Great location, owners on site are super nice and helpful, very clean, plenty of towels and linens, very cold A/C. Only down side is not a ton of natural light in kitchen and living room, but lots of overhead lights.
Alison B., Virginia Beach, VA, 11.7.14
- We thoroughly enjoyed our week at A Place in Hawaiian Paradise. The property manager met us upon arrival to walk through the home and responded to any request we had. We were impressed by the amenities of the home from kitchen items to beach items. The proximity to the beach was fabulous and we couldn't have asked for more. The home offers a number of places to relax and enjoy the weather and beach and it is conveniently located to everything we wanted to do. The best part as our kids and grand kids agreed was the beach!!! We would highly recommend this home for families and couples. Nanci B.
Nanci B., Phoenix, AZ, 10.19.14
- Good home but the bedrooms need AC very difficult to sleep.
Maury T., Gilbert, AZ, 10.15.14
- A Place in Hawaiian Paradise was everything we had hoped for. We had a large family vacation there and the location and house could not have been better. The condition of the house was clean and basically perfect. It had EVERYTHING we needed. The house manager Steven was amazing and was always available when needed! We would definitely stay at this house again!!!!! 5+ stars!!!!!!!
Julie N., Valencia, CA, 9.29.14
- Outstanding stay at Martin's Hale in Kailua. The owner was a gracious host and her warm aloha made you feel so comfortable and at home.She was very accomodating and provides timely communication, check-in was fast an timely as the owner greeted us and showed us the rental unit. The Martin;s Hale unit was just FABULOUS. It was beautifully decorated with nice furnishings and decorations throughout. The flatscreen TVs and cable was excellent as was the washer and dryer , full sized kitchen. The unit had everything you needed from excellent supply of bath towels, beach towels and gear and kitchen ware throughout. The air conditioning units were also a special treat as the days were very hot and humid during our stay. Debbie also provided a very nice welcoming gift of mac candy, coffee, pineapple and bananas a really nice touch from an excellent host. The location was just perfect a short drive to the beautiful Kailua Beach and Lanikai beach and a short drive to downtown Kailua and its stores and restaurants. Always amazed at the beauty of these beaches, crystal clear waters, fine white sands and great views. . . . hard to leave behind ! An outstanding stay, perfect host, fabulous rental (more like home), great location. Highly recommend and hope to return soon ! !
MICHAEL W., Cerritos, CA, 9.28.14
- A 5 star to everything. The house is amazing and the place is unique!! Definitly i recommend to stay at kailua kai
Rosario B., Rio Cuarto, Cordoba, 9.23.14
- Absolutely wonderfulcould not have asked for a better place to stay and could not have done it without the great service and help from the booking agent that kept me informed every step of the way. The place was spotless and everything was so spacious and comfortable and the owners .you could not ask for better people to stay with. They went out of their way to accommodate us and make us feel so very welcome and never intruded on our privacy but were there anytime we needed any directions, help ,commodities etc. The place is very quiet and very close to the beautiful beach. Independent parking space in their driveway for the rental car really helped also. Everything from the beginning of our stay till the end was flawless and cannot wait to rent the place again and be in Hawaii. Would definitely give it 5 star for excellence. Have already recommended this jewel to all my friends and who ever I think might be visiting Hawaii. Thank you.
Kavita M., Mathis, TX, 9.15.14
- FABULOUS location! House was spacious and had large yard. Beds were comfortable. But house was tired, in need of updating and many cosmetic repairs. Kitchen was equipped with only the most basic of utensils and pans. "Glasses" were all cheap plastic, even the wine glasses. Living room furniture consisted of cheap rattan, without any lamps, and stained chairs. Dining room chairs were worn and stained. Pool was dirty upon our arrival, and apart from cleaning when we complained was not serviced for our entire two week visit. With a bit of TLC, this would be a fabulous house but the inattention shows.
Wayne G., 9.8.14
- The quality of the Hauoli Retreat is deceiving based on the pictures. Condition of the house was appalling due to a huge number of maintenance issues that should have been taken care of before we arrived. Satisfaction?? None. Owner fixed the 4 issues on 1st day but we should have called everyday about other problems. Positives are: it was clean except for the large amount of binned garbage and recycling left outside. Pool was great, when we were allowed to use it. Beach was close by. Will never rent this house or any other again. Hugely disappointed. Best part of our trip was leaving and going to a condo at a reputable establishment.
Sarah W., 9.5.14
- We had a great experience there. Very clean and tidy, comfortable to stay. The best thing of that is the pool. It is good size for a family (with children) and our family really enjoyed it!
Satoshi K., Tokyo, 8.24.14
- This was a perfect find for our needs. Steps away from the beach. Plenty of rooms and beds. Met all our needs. Since we are originally from Oahu, it was the perfect meeting spot for our local friends and family. We could walk to the beach, then return to the house to have a BBQ. We will recommend this location to anyone traveling to Oahu and we hope to return very soon. We also appreciated the cleanliness of the rental upon arrival and that there was nothing left there from a previous traveler. Mahalo
Terri S., Clayton, CA, 8.22.14
- Wonderful rental! Lovely owners who are very accommodating! Rental is super clean and has everything you need! Great location. Looks just like the pics. Look forward to returning someday soon!!
Shelly K., 8.18.14
1 - 100 of 259
Kailua vacation reviews