- kaneohe vacation reviews
- Beautiful house, customer service was awesome! Very clean facility. Very satisfied and would definitely recommend. The view and walkway to cove was best part, beautiful sunrises.
Marvin W., LAFAYETTE, IN, 2.19.20
- Feb 14 - 25 2019. We really liked the property location on the island and thank you for welcome gifts. Close to grocery stores and just about anything you want including beaches and all activity. Thank you to Tori and Misty for everything. Tori had brand new beach chairs for us, all other beach equipment and towels are also there and worked out great. BBQ, out door area, laundry big plus. The dark blinds were perfect for privacy, but would have been nice to pull them up every now and then for natural light. There was plenty of cookware, but not suitable for us. Everything we cooked got stuck to the pans and had to boil water and let them soak to clean, so we bought a couple of nonstick pans at goodwill, which we used the rest of our stay and we left them to add to the cookware collection for others to freely use. There was a couple of plumbing issues, which I reported, so hopefully will be fixed, so it doesn't get worse. Be sure to bring bags for shopping or they are 15 cents each. We left some in utility area and they have a reusable bag, which was really nice, that we found after our first grocery trip. If you have any questions or needs, they are extremely nice and respond quickly. We would definately stay again and recommend it to anyone.
Gary L., Tacoma, WA, 2.28.19
- The overall quality of the estate was amazing and the customer service was excellent. The house was clean and very beautiful. It was actually much nicer than the photos posted and we held a small wedding of 30 in the estate and it was the most beautiful wedding. We are planning a trip there again in the future and othe family members that have visited Ohau numerous times had such a great experience that they would like to visit this exact estate on their next visit.
Jane Y., 9.5.18
- This is a gorgeous house in a nice neighborhood with a stunning location. The owner and manager were polite, attentive and respectful of our time. The house is on shared property but is completely private. We didn't have any issue with it being shared. It was clean, organized and convenient. We woke up every morning to a gorgeous sunrise, swam in the pool and sat out in the hot tub Thank you for a dream vacation!
Carolyn R., Franklin, NJ, 7.4.18
- Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was a wonderful experience for my family and I. The houses were well-kept and the view of Kane'ohe Bay was beautiful. The younger family members enjoyed feeding the fish in the pond and the older members enjoyed the peace and quiet of not being in an overcrowded resort hotel. Dishwashing would have been appreciated, but fortunately, we are all used to hand washing dishes. Jennifer Pham was a delight to speak to and very responsive to any calls we made to her. I would return in a heartbeat!
David K., 7.24.17
- We used the entire Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate for a wedding gathering. It was perfect for this event. The large, medium and studios house worked very well for the group. The houses were well designed and beautifully decorated. It was nice to be away from Honolulu and Waikiki. The houses were clean. The fish pond was amazing - imagine feeding a pond full of fish. It was incredible. Highly recommend this as a place to stay away from the madding crowd. Con - It is in a residential area so people do need be quiet after 10 pm. Also, if someone wants maid service daily, they will need to organize that separately.
Susan G., West Redding, CT, 8.13.16
- The overall quality of the Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was excellent. The condition of the rental was excellent and provided plenty of room for our group of 12. We were very satisfied and would book the rental again. The owner was very friendly and helpful which made the stay much more enjoyable. Shiela provided excellent service but there was confusion on check in probably due to our misunderstanding. The best part of the trip was the many activities that Oahu offered. Hawaii is a great place to vacation.
Daniel S., Sierra Vista, AZ, 7.6.16
- "Koolau Haven" was in excellent condition for our stay june 1-june 6, it was spotless when we arrived and we felt at home. The decor is modern and I loved that. My husband and 8yo son enjoyed having wi-fi access and cable tv after our long beach days. It was easy to turn on the AC and cool the place down in a matter of minutes which was great! We were pleased with it being centrally located, it was never more than a 30 minute drive to anywhere we visited on the island. I would definitely book it again if it is just the 3 of us visiting the island again. My son liked to sleep on the comfy couch so we didn't use the pull out bed. I would've liked to have had more beach equipment like a boogie board or more small beach chairs. Thank you for opening your home and allowing us to stay here.
Arlene S., Stockton, CA, 6.9.16
- A hidden jewel in paradise!! If you want to enjoy island life, this is da place. Accommodations are 5 star and Misty provided real time updates throughout the process. Looking forward to return trips in the future. Aloha spirit is alive and well in Kaneohe!! Mahalo Tori & Misty...
Leo P., Chula Vista, CA, 3.22.16
- Very nice rental and had a great experience. Owners very friendly and helpful during the stay.
Bradley B., Dayton, OR, 2.2.16
- Our choice was governed by geography in the we needed a place in Kaneohe or Kailua. A burned out light in a key location was addressed within minutes. The mattress could be replaced and that would be very helpful to comfort. If one needs a place to stay in Kaneohe, I would recommend this place.
Charles R., West Linn, OR, 1.30.16
- Our family (7 adults) stayed for 8 nites at the lovely Kokokahi home. The location was perfect for visiting with our son who is stationed at the Marine Corps Base - just a few minutes to the beautiful Kailua Beach and town, and a great spot for heading to the North Shore, down to Honolulu and Waikaki or over to the east coast. The house was roomy, comfortable, clean, and had everything we needed! My only suggestion would be some brighter lighting in the living room - we enjoyed working on jigsaw puzzles (including some that were in the house) while chatting in the evenings but could have used better light! Otherwise, it was great location and home - thanks much!!
Deborah F., Pasadena, MD, 1.4.16
- We had a wonderful time at Mahi Mahi Hale. There are 4 homes on this property with a small shared pool and hot tub. The owners live in one of the homes, and are so nice and very helpful with things to do in the area. I can't say enough nice things about the owner. We loved the fish pond filled with Koi, and the bay filled with large ocean fish that we could feed daily. The home we stayed in had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. We had a great time, it was beautiful and quiet, and we loved staying out of the Honolulu noise. Thanks for a great stay!
Michelle S., Houston, TX, 12.6.15
- We had a wonderfull time. Location is just right. The neighbors are wonderfull people. If you need anything just ask. We will be coming back soon for sure.
Frederick M., Everett, WA, 9.16.15
- I really liked my stay in your house it was great nice and clean,well supplied could not of asked for better thank-you for letting us use your house
Esther K., Puyallup, WA, 7.8.15
- Kokokahi was excellent for our needs. We were 6 adults attending a family wedding which was quite close to this house. The house was very clean and tidy and very well stocked with kitchen appliances, dishes and glassware. The views were magnificent and we loved having the pool. Although the decor was tired, it was very comfortable in the house. We would have liked a full length mirror especially when we were getting ready for the wedding! We had to contact the agent re a couple of lightbulbs and she was very pleasant and in the end we were able to sort them out ourselves. The new washing machine was fabulous. The weather was superb and plenty of pegs and clothes line to dry our clothes. We would definitely book it again and would recommend it to friends. The best part was Kailua beach which was quite close. A car is needed when staying at this house to get around the area. Hawaii is so lovely and the people so friendly and it is not all about Waikiki! All in all we had a wonderful holiday concluding with the 5 day stay in this house. Thank you.
Chris S., Christchurch, 7.7.15
- The overall quality of the house is excellent! The only problems we had was not enough parkingonly two cars for 10+ peoplewe had 14 people in and out and at least 6 cars at one time. The upstairs sliding bedroom doors squeaked and it was dusty all over. Some of the tv remotes were missing batteriesbut the resident manager assisted us; the main tv was not able to hook up hdmi for computer use. The kitchen is fabulous and well-equipped; we prepared all our meals and only missed cookie sheets. The pool and hot tub were disappointingso small, the pictures look better. The ambiance was perfect for relaxationnice and quiet with the pond as a backdrop. The fish were amazingso big and fun to watch. We would recommend to our friends and the best part of the trip was being with friends.
Georgette A., Meli lani, HI, 2.19.15
- This house is of average quality - you are paying a lot for a nice view and not much else. Spacious house but traffic flow problems in the dining/kitchen area. No extras at all - no music system, small TV, no DVDs, no games, minimal "starter" supplies. Parents of small children may want to consider that the two kids' rooms are on the opposite side of the house from the master, there are only showers (no tubs), and there's a steep grassy hill off the patio. The house looks way better in the day, when the view dominates. After dark, it's kind of dismal - lack of decent living room lighting contributes to the problem. Bear in mind the unheated swimming pool was far too cold for us during our New Year's rental - a complete waste of money. Also, there is no phone for local calls - international renters, better get your cell phone roaming plan lined up. This house probably works great for some people, but for me it just didn't click and overall I found it to be a poor value compared to other rentals I've done in Hawaii. On a positive note, the house was clean, has great WiFi, has adequate linens and towels, a generally well-supplied kitchen, a few useful beach things (bamboo matts, chairs, umbrella, cooler, boogie boards, flippers) and a terrific local property manager to help you if the house needs anything. I also noted two fold-up foam mattresses which can easily fit in any of the bedrooms.
Jennifer O., Vancouver, BC, 1.7.15
- It was beautiful and we enjoyed our stay there. The owners were very accomidating and friendly. thanks for the memories!
Angela R., 12.1.14
- We, 6 of us, enjoyed a week's stay very much, needless to say beautiful view of Kaneohe Bay. The house and furnished items are well maintained, clean with ample kitchen wares. All appliances are practically new and in excellent condition. If we had a chance, we would definitely consider this place again and would recommend to our friends. If toilet commodes and piping were updated, it would be more comfortable. Kudos to property manager who patiently answered our inquiries.
Jiro M., Redmond, WA, 11.30.14
- The quality of the unit was first-rate! Everything was "as described", functioned perfectly and made my stay problem free. I will definitely arrange my trip around the availability of this unit the next time I come to Kaneohe to visit friends.
Walter G., Wayne, NJ, 10.10.14
- It was a great place. Very clean and very nice inside. My only complaint was the queen bed was the most uncomfortable bed I had ever slept on. You role towards the middle, one side was higher not good for 2 people. We slept the last night on the recliners because our backs hurt and we needed sleep. Change the bed and we would stay there again. Ethan Rathbun
Ethan R., 8.28.14
- The house and the property are beautiful. The owner is friendly, helpful and pleasant. It was cool and quiet. My family and I had a great time. The only negative thing that I can say is that it is hard to find, especially in the dark. Once you reach the house, the view is breathtaking.
Anvita S., Evansville, IN, 8.19.14
- We loved our stay at the Mahi Mahi Hale. The house was clean and the views were beautiful. Two of the three bedrooms had air conditioner but we didn't need to use it because there was always a nice breeze while the windows were open. The owner was very hospitable. She had left us a welcome basket full of goodies to eat. The house was centrally located to Waikiki, Polynesian Cultural Center, Pearl Harbor and Hailua beach.
Mike B., Tinton Falls, NJ, 8.12.14
- The photos are very accurate! This place is clean, cute and just right for someone who wants to be close to everything. We spent a lot of time at the Kaneohe Yacht Club, which is about a 5 minute drive. Did A LOT of cooking in the well equipped kitchen and the local supermarket is about a block away. The owner checked in on us to make sure we had everything we needed, even the neighbor helped out with freezing and food storage! The true Aloha Spirit is alive and well at the Ko'olau Haven. This little apartment has everything you could need. There is parking in the car port and once inside you'll be impressed by not only the cleanliness but also the newness. Everything is new and works well. We used the kitchen, even the bar-b-que in the cute backyard. We enjoyed our morning coffee in the yard listening to birds and watching the little geckos. We will definitely be back!
- It was great experience of this house for us. "Kokokahi." has panoramic view and quiet & relax surroundings. It situated in close to Kailua town and Kaneohe town by car. The house is in Large property which has electric control gate. So, we can feel more safety in it. We recommend this rental.
Michikatsu Y., 7.8.14
- Kokokahi place was just right for our family of 6 adults and 2 infants. Our visit to Oahu was very enjoyable because of the comfortable and beautiful home. We would definitely want to visit the Kokokahi house again. We loved the view and the open clean feel of the house. Would like to suggest adding blinds or drapes to the windows in the bedrooms. It gets bright at 5:30 am. Visitors on vacation may want to sleep in.
Shaila K., 6.20.14
- Koolau Haven was a great place to stay in Kaneohe! My wife and I spent 3 days of our Honeymoon there and loved it and we hope to make it back someday because we enjoyed it so much. Our Vacation rental agent, was extemely helpful and was willing to answer any questions or concerns we had before booking our stay. Also, when we arrived we had a few questions and she was just a phone call away. The entire place was very clean and tidy when we arrived, everything seemed brand new! Overall, we felt that it was a lucky find because it was well-priced for how new it was. On a rainy day we decided to stay indoors and relax. We watched movies that were provided, took a quick trip to a local store, and cooked a nice meal in the new kitchen. I would definitely recommend Koolau Haven to a friend because it has everything you need and the pictures/description of the place on the website tells you anything you need to know-what you see is what you get! Also, don't worry about it being attached to the main house, we weren't bothered at all and it felt very private!
Ben R., Lincoln, NB, 6.5.14
- Koolau Haven was a quiet and clean get away from busy days of touring. The convenience of having a full kitchen, washer/dryer, BBQ and private patio were amenities much appreciated. Nearby are grocery store, pharmacy, gas station, fast food, etc. We enjoyed spending a full day out and coming home to our own quiet dinners. Koolau Haven is conveniently located for those who love outdoor adventures----hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rental, etc. The Windward side has become our favorite! Though some would miss a view of the beach from one's balcony, we did not miss the crowd when we wanted to shut down and have quiet time.
Thomas, Marie ., Novato, CA, 4.6.14
- We really enjoyed our vacation this Valentine's Long Weekend. We would definitely come back and choose this rental in the future. My kids enjoyed the poi pond and the views are calm and relaxing.
Maria J., Daly City, CA, 3.3.14
- The apartment was very nice. We loved the pool and the fish pond. It was very clean, although we did have the company of a giant cockroach one evening. Thank Goodness my man was with me... Lol. Property manager was AMAZING! We will be back!
Linda T., Calgary, AB, 12.16.13
- The main house and grounds were gorgeous! Beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset on the water. The main house was very nice and elegant. The kitchen was a joy to work in and held our entire party for meals. The downside was that the "caretaker" left her young son to take care of things while she was out of the country and that became a major problem as the dishwasher was not working the first night of our week long stay. The Jacuzzi did not heat up at all and both of these were not fixed the entire time. The 3 bedroom home on the property has a master bedroom but without the bathroom attached. The second bedroom in the home has an air conditioner and cools the room sufficiently, but there is an decorative opening above the door and you can hear everything in the house. The third bedroom does not have an AC unit which made several nights very humid and warm to sleep. There were other smaller issues too, but overall not bad.
Carol J., Morgan Hill, CA, 10.18.13
- My wife and I wanted a private and low key vacation which we got by staying at the "Honu Hale Studio" Secluded in a residential area it afforded us privacy and luxury. I would recommend it for those who wish to "get away" from the hubbub of tourist traps. Well kept and clean. The kitchen and shower were fantastic. The view was superb overlooking the bay, the fish pond and the Eastern sunrise. Our hosts, live on the property but we never saw them. They were terrific with local lore and places to visit when we needed it but otherwise left us alone to explore and relax. A big bonus for us was feeding the fish in the fishpond. Nice!
Daniel N., Gilbert, AZ, 8.30.13
- loved the property. was an exceptional vacation experience. hope to come back again soon.
Cheryl T., Mission Viejo, CA, 8.27.13
- our visit to your property was outstanding. hope to come back again in the near future.
Cheryl T., Mission Viejo, CA, 8.27.13
- Overall the place was fantastic. The large main house and the kitchen accommodated our large crowd. We cooked many of the nights and it was great to have 2 grills there. We loved being able to have breakfast out on the patio with the rising sun. Jennifer (the owner) was so sweet and very helpful. Only a few suggestions - invest a few more kitchen towels. We were washing the few that were there daily. The screen doors in the studio apt. were difficult to open and close. And we did kill a few roaches while there, although I understand they are common in Hawaii. Otherwise I would highly recommend this property to anyone with a large group. Thank you again for helping me with the booking! Janet Lander
Janet L., Lucinda, PA, 7.30.13
- It was the best time we had at Hawaii, but could not give it 5 stars for the following negatives (positives come later): 1. Master bedroom had no curtains!! We had a beautiful view of the ocean facing east, and so every morning we couldn't sleep in late because of the sunlight. 2. Second bathroom too small: the toilet seat was so small... quite uncomfortable for anyone over 12. 3. kitchen cabinetry too old: the wood is badly in need of repair... we would not have minded so much but the old wood smells mildewy. 4. living room too dark: there was a lack of adequate lighting in the living room. 5. living room furniture a bit outdated and the TV too small. That said, here are the positives: 1. location: we have stayed in Oahu (as well as Maui and Kauai) multiple times. In Oahu we previously liked to stay near Diamondhead (Hawaii Kai, Kahala). The Kokokahi is a better location. More beautiful and dramatic views of the ocean and mountains. Also, the Kaneohe and Kailua areas, which are both 5 minutes away from the house, are much quieter and does not have that typical suburban feel of the areas closer to Honolulu. the house is situated near the top of the hill and allows for a consistent cool breeze throughout the day and night. The air is so refreshing! 2. The master bedroom is not fancy but has an amazing view of the ocean and Kaneohe Bay, with the Koolau mountains to the side. The ventilation provides for a constant cool breeze. We had the windows open throughout the night, making for a very pleasant sleep. The downside was that there were no curtains, forcing you to wake up early. But even without the curtains, this bedroom ranks as the best bedroom that I have ever stayed at... and I have stayed at pretty fancy homes and hotels in the US, Europe, and Asia. All in all, it is a modest house but with a great location and ventilation. It is so close to great hikes and drives, while having all the comforts of the suburbs - Safeways, Long's Drugs, and decent restaurants in Kailua - all nearby. Kailua beach and Lanikai beach are both less than 10 minutes away. Overall, the best time we had on Oahu ever!
Harold C., Seoul, 6.23.13
- Initial snafu with the contracted house being unacceptable; handled appropriately by Misty landed us at another house which was great -- clean, comfortable, and much more as advertised. Staff (Misty and Natasha) bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. Had to deduct a little in the rating to reflect the inadequate situation of the contracted house. But I would definitely call again next time, thanks to Misty and Natasha.
Thomas G., Los Angeles, CA, 5.13.13
- We had a wonderful time and the property was beautiful. The family who owns the property was helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay again.
Heidi T., Portland, OR, 3.30.13
- We were in awe the moment we stepped on to the property. The view is absolutely stunning! You have the pool and jucuzzi right outside your door. The studio is beautiful ;perfect for 2 people. The bathroom is amazing and the shower is awesome. You have everything you need for an amazing stay. The property is clean and nicely decorated. The king size bed is quite comfy. The only thing I would add would be a few baking pans, baking sheets and hot pads to the kitchen. Other than that this property is "PERFECT"! I would definitely stay here again and recommend this to friends and family.
Roger L., Harrisonville, MO, 2.17.13
- I would definitely stay here again. If the furniture and tv were updated, I would rate this rental a 5.
Luc R., Sasebo, Nagasaki, 2.15.13
- We had an enjoyable time....beautiful setting; from the beautiful palms and plants, the walkway to the gazebo out in the lagoon and the pretty view from the pool. Then there's the varieties of fish in the pond & lagoon to watch...peaceful. If there is a downside, it's that the main living area is a bit of a fishbowl, one would not want to open all the drapes. However, the cross ventilation was good and the view out the back is very nice. Our booking agent was very helpful, especially when rentals were at a premium. I travel to Hawaii on business and have to book at the last moment. We would book here again in Kaneohe. Kaneohe area is a lot more laid back to stay than in busy Waikiki.
Bruce C., Gillies Bay, BC, 2.11.13
- Our stay at Kokokahi was excellent the view was wonderful. It was so re-freashing to wake up to a nice calm enviroment every morning and have our coffee and enjoy the wonderful view. I would stay again should I return back to Oahu. Customer service is wonderful with Vacation rental. the place was very clean. the best part of my trip was having a nice place to relax every evening.
Agnes B., Anchorage, AK, 2.4.13
- The house was nice, with all the accomidations we needed. The view was perfect and the location was central enough for our needs. Local family commented on how nice the rental was as well. They have more family coming to the island and are going to consider renting the home for her.
Carly B., Havre, MT, 1.3.13
- We had an amazing time. Jennifer was a great host and we really enjoyed the property, especially walking around the pond and feeding the fish. Each morning I took pictures of the sunrise, it was unbelievably picturesque . I would definitely recommend staying here.
Kim K., Vallejo, CA, 10.28.12
- Property was beautiful and spacious for a group of 20. The view was breathtaking but it can get very windy on this side of the island at times. The house decor is a little dated but it was comfortable and reflected the island-style. Friendly property managers, who live on the property, made us feel very welcome. Enjoyed the hawaiian fishing pond, pool, jacuzzi, and fire pit. Parking is sufficient for the advertised 5 car spaces, however, it is a narrow driveway so ingress and egress can sometimes be tricky.
Joy L., Vienna, VA, 9.19.12
- This was a lovely setting with lovely hosts. Watch them feed the fish in the ancient fish pond each evening. The separate studio was very large and roomy with a complete kitchen, tv seating area and king bed. Definitely use google to find the location. The directions from Vacation Rental Marketplace were totally incorrect and inaccurate. There are two highway 83s for instance. Take the second one off Route 63 that is also marked Kamehameha Highway. There is no highway 830 as VRM indicated. Would definitely return.
Meredith F., La MEsa, CA, 8.20.12
- Beautiful house, gracious proprietors. Fish pond is a quirky, fun thing!
Mike P., Oakland, CA, 2.21.12
- The Mahi Mahi Hale was beautiful. We were a little surprised when we drove there - thinking that it was a beach house, when it is actually in the town of Kaneohe, but at the waterfront. There is NO beach where you can swim at the house itself, and to get to the nearest beach require a car. We has misunderstood the description of the house there - but as said, it is very beautiful and quiet once you are on the property. I loved sitting on the lanai in the early morning and watch the sun come up. There are shopping a few kilometers from the house - again you need a car. The jacuzzi did not work until the last evening which was a bit disappointing as well. The house has three bedrooms but only one with a kingsize bed. There is one bathroom for the three bedrooms and one bathroom downstairs. We were two couples traveling- so it was not optimal, the house is better suited for a family. The owners are very friendly and helpful.
Charlotte K V., Harlev J, 10.30.11
- We had a lovely time at Honu Hale Studio. The view is breathtaking and the fish ponds are amazing. The unit is small but has all the ammenities you need for a short stay. The shower has fantastic water pressure.
Jason E., Havre de Grace, MD, 10.25.11
- Jennifer was a wonderful hostess for our visit. We were fortunate to have the place to ourselves, so the privacy was perfect! The location is unique and the unit was tastefully finished and furnished. We toured the other available units on site and they offer ample space and convenience for larger groups who wish to book the property for things like a family reunion, wedding or other engaged event. The 3 acre fish pond was remarkable and very pleasant to stroll around. We fed the fish and that in itself was an adventure! There are a number of great beaches within a few miles and also for hikers, there are both simple and challenging hikes with beautiful terrain and vistas. Our thanks to Jennifer and her family for making our stay such a memorable one.
Kimball A., Irving, TX, 9.8.11
- A peaceful retreat after traveling around the island all day.
Michelle W., 6.1.11
- Setting was gorgeous, owners extremely friendly and responsive. The Koi pond and salt water lagoon are very impressive and add considerably to the enjoyment of the surroundings. House comfortable and airy (kitchen cooking area a little cramped but had everything we needed). Major attractions are close but you feel a lot more like a local staying in Kaneohe rather than the big beach resorts. Great restaurants and beaches nearby. Very hard to leave and head back to the mainland.
Chris A., San Diego, CA, 4.6.11
- The Honu Hale studio is a great place to stay while visiting the beautiful island of Oahu. It was so quiet and peaceful, away from the bustle of Waikiki but only a 25 minute drive if you wish to visit there. Kaneohe is a beautiful place and is close to Kailua beach which was one of our favorites. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. We had an amazing trip!
Stephanie C., Prince George, British Columbia, 2.9.11
- Honu Hale is like a hidden gem. The surrounding neighborhood is typical of Oahu; narrow streets, old homes with carports, and lots of vehicles and trash cans. Once you are on the Honu Hale property, it's like being in an entirely new setting at the water's edge. The owners take pride in their place and after you experience it, you won't want to any place else on the island. Waking up to beautiful sunrises behind Kaneohe Bay, enjoying the tranquility of sitting in the gazebo at the end of the dock jutting into the giant Hawaiian pond, feeding the huge fish in the Hawiian pond or the freshwater pond above, and soaking in a jacuzzi under a star-lit were my favorite experiences there. The friends and family who visited us were raving about the place and asked how I discovered it.
Christopher B., Anchorage, AK, 1.10.11
- The house is GREAT for families! My husband and I had 5 teenagers with us and there was more than enough room for everyone including my family that lives on Oahu when they came to visit us. We would stay at Kokokahi again!
Jenny F., Keizer, Oregon, 7.31.10
- The view from this rental is wonderful. The pool was a very nice added touch. However, the rental states that it is located in Kailua, however, it is much more like Kaneohe. A good 20 minute drive to the beach. The house was very spacious, but also very dated. The furnishings as well as kitchen amenities could use updating. In a pinch, this house met our basic needs.
Kimberley B., Chandler, OK, 7.28.10
- EVerything's so huge....but very few furnitures which makes the house a bit poor, especially the TV set was tiny compare to the spacious living room. The good part was a great view of Kaneohe Bay.
Ikuko E., Yokohama, Kanagawa, 4.5.10
- The view was excellent, and the house and pool were in good shape. I would definitely recommend the Kokokahi to any of my friends planning to visit Oahu. The only problem we had was with the gate, and that was a minor issue.
Peter L., Reno, NV, 12.24.08
- Loved the house, and especially the view.
Grae N., Littleton, CO, 8.26.08
- Great location for what we needed (access to diving). House was great - clean, comfy and gorgeous view. Didn't have enough sun to take full advantage of the pool. No cable TV as billed, but DVD player was plenty. Internet access would really add to the convenience - had to pay at the local Starbucks. Easy trip to the grocery and such, great meals at Formaggio in Kailua and at Haleawa Joe's down the road from the mall on Kamehameha. We would definitely stay there again!
Leslie C., Anchorage, Ak, 1.29.08