- Oahu vacation reviews
- Everything superb! Clean, lovely, comfortable, fantastic ocean front. Ocean breeze coming in while sitting on the ocean front chaise lounges in the afternoons with aqua colored water and views was heavenly. Negative, but minor surprises for me was that the ocean entry from the property was not practical because of great amount of rocks and lack of sand. However, sand entry from public entrance was one house down and so just a few feet away. I had wished there would have been an air conditioner in main room on a couple occasions. Fans, bedroom air conditioners and opening walls (those under large front windows) really helped keep it cool, however. Low down oven door easily flops to floor and hit one person's foot.
Donna M., Walla Walla, WA, 7.3.19
- great location and excellent property. had everything we needed!!
Brook H., Portland, OR, 1.2.18
- Location, location, location! This cottage is in a fabulous location and is very clean and well maintained. Everything is in very good condition, and the linens and towels were high quality. There was plenty of closet space, ample parking, easy beach access, and good air conditioning in the bedrooms. The only negatives were that for the price paid to rent this home, I would hope they wouldn't mind renters running the air conditioning as much as they wish; however, there are signs asking renters to shut off air conditioning if they go out (leaving the home stiflingly hot upon return from dinner or the market) and keeping their air conditioning no cooler than 72. Further, the washing machine is old and runs very short cycles, and leaves sand in the drum if there's even the slightest trace of sand on bathing suits or beach towels. There is also no drain stopper in the tub, making it impossible to bathe small children. Also, the wifi was very weak and couldn't even be detected on our devices until day 3. Finally, the hot water ran out quickly and took a very long time to heat up again. I recognize these are small things, but these are what I would recommend fixing/addressing to make this a flawless rental!
Jill W., Cary, NC, 9.12.16
- The condo was clean and in good condition, and we had a fantastic time in Kailua!
Mark C., Dublin, OH, 8.20.16
- Serenity Cottage was a hit with our small family. We are originally from Kailua so it was a perfect location on the beach for visiting with our local ohana. Love having the barbecue grill to cook out and the cottage was very clean. So sad to leave and ready to return next vacation time. Aloha and thank you.
Julianca M., Villa Rica, GA, 8.7.16
- We loved our stay at A place in Hawaiian Paradise. The house is clean, in prefect condition and contains all the amenities one would want. The view of the water is breathtaking and the little walking path to the beach is delightful. Steven is excellent and helpful and took care of all our needs. I would definitely return and recommend this home to anyone.
Bernadette P., 6.28.16
- Location - 5. Kailua beach is the best on Oahu and the property is located in a great part of the beach, close to the local market, beach park, local shops. Cottage - needs updating. Sliding doors in bedroom and one sliding door in lounge room are broken and can't be opened so you can't get any sea breeze though the room. You need to use the air con to cool the bedroom which is not ideal. Furniture - is out dated and too big for the tiny lounge room. Get rid of the huge TV cabinet and put the TV on the wall. Impossible to watch TV for more than 1 person without having to move all the furniture. BBQ - didn't work even though you say it does, it doesn't stay alight. (yes there was gas in the bottle). Kitchen - the fridge is old and rusted, not a good look. Get an electric kettle, as the gas one takes forever to bowl water and doesn't whistle either. Sharing - this property is on the same block as the main house. You should let your potential guests know that they may be sharing the property with another family. I am sure both renters need to know this as they may not want to rent if they know they are sharing the same property. Value for money - 2. You pay too much for what is on offer. Please keep you property maintained. Agents of the property - 4. They were attentive to our requests. Thanks. Overall - I wouldn't want to have four people staying, it's just too small. OK for two people. Would I rent this again knowing in its current condition? - No.
Graham B., Church Point, NSW, 6.4.16
- We were very impressed with Serenity Beachfront Cottage. Loved the location. Four of us stayed there and it was the perfect size. It was clean. Comfortable. I would definitely recommend this house. I would most definitely rent this location again.
Sandra D., Lincoln Park, NJ, 3.28.16
- Absolutely the best location,accommodations and grounds we've ever had for a family vacation. Son's,daughters, spouses and grandchildren "loved' it. On the flight home my wife and I looked back over the week and came to the same conclusion - we're coming back! Only regret, I haven't used your company before. Thank you! P.S. The tropical 'guest house' and separate pool just made it all the more perfect.
Charles H., 3.20.16
- We were very happy with our stay at the Serenity Cottage. The home was exactly what we expected. There were no surprises and we were happy and comfortable. There were just 3 of us, 2 adults and one child. Plenty of space for us, but 4 adults would be pretty crowded. The location is the number one reason to stay here. Amazing access to a fantastic beach. With a small child in tow we could easily come and go from the beach multiple times a day. There were beach toys, chairs, and coolers available. It was an effortless way to spend our vacation, just playing and relaxing. The home is older, very classic Hawaiian in it's set up and appointments. However it was spotlessly clean and the beds and linens were good quality. The kitchen was well stocked and we were especially happy to have abundant supplies of things like soap, trash bags, and paper towels. The only quibble I have is that the BBQ is succumbing to the elements. One of the burners was rusted over and could not be lit. It will need to be replaced soon. That didn't stop us from grilling, it just meant only half of it was in use. We had a couple of issues come up while we were staying, and Misty, our contact, took care of them just fine. After staying in quite a few rental homes over the years in various locations around the world this is the best experience we have had. I would be delighted to stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
Ruth S., Seattle, WA, 2.29.16
- We are former residents of Kailua and have family on Oahu that we visit multiple times per year. When visiting Oahu, we get a vacation rental in Kailua/Lanikai area. This was the best rental we have ever stayed at. We will definitely be returning!
David M., San Bernardino, CA, 12.7.15
- Very comfortable cottage for four people. Well stocked and clean. BBQ with outdoor table and chairs. And the outdoor shower was great. A stones throw from the beach. it was perfect for our party of three and would work well for four with the queen and two singles. The chairs, ottomans and loves seats pulled together made the other two beds. This was cramped for our teens when another family of three joined us for two nights. The area was quiet and convenient to all amenities one might need. We enjoyed out stay very much.
Karen C., Rimbey, AB, 9.29.15
- Pro's: Excellent customer service in booking and checking into Serenity Beachfront Cottage! Location, condition, cleanliness, parking - top notch. Had everything we needed for a wonderful stay. Cons: This property and neighbor share a vast beautiful yard leading to the beach. Small "fence" separates a small section between the homes. The moment we arrived we were stopped by the neighbor lady and instructed not to cross the "line" of her property. She made it clear that she doesn't like renters. Serenity Cottage is very close to her property (front doors line up, separated by this see-thru fence) On one occasion she was sitting on the floor in the doorway of her home silently glaring/staring at my 11 year old son through the fence. She made us feel like we were intruders, very unwelcomed. We were walking on eggshells for 9 days doing our best to be as quiet and unseen as possible. She has a LARGE black dog that barked - a lot. I HIGHLY recommend a better fence to separate the properties. As is, there is no privacy to her frequent staring and glaring looks. We made a point to stay at the beach/town and were not in the house a lot. Because of her we would not rent there again. As a side note, SHE crossed the "line" between the properties frequently.
Casey P., Richland, WA, 8.24.15
- Portlock Paradise helped make our family reunion very memorable. It is an older home that accommodated 10 of us. The unit manager was very responsive to any questions we had. A wonderful basket of goodies welcomed us on arrival...THANK YOU VERY MUCH:) Looking out from this hillside home of 4 balconies impressed us right away...180 degrees view of ocean, coast, mountains, city of Hawaii Kai, and even passing clouds and rain. Spectacular. The house was clean. The kitchen had all the equipment we needed to prepare our meals. There were enough beds, futons, pull out couch, even a lounge chair big enough for our 6 year old grandson to sleep in. There were lots of towels. There is one unit AC, in the master BR, and ceiling fans in all the rooms. The house faced northwest, and received a lot of sun in the afternoon. The pool, ceiling fans, and the trade winds kept us very comfortable. We kept the windows and sliding glass doors open all the time letting the breezes through. There were lots of sitting areas for us to gather around and visit. The pool was a great plus for everyone. It was refreshing to come home from hiking up Koko Crater or going around the island and jump in. There were pool and beach amenities (boogey boards, noodles, beach chairs and towels) which we used. It was wonderful being together as a family again, in a comfortable home, in a very nice, quiet neighborhood far away from the crowds. One downer. The clothes washer had a foul odor from dampness and not being aired out. Mildew stains were visible. We ran several cycles with vinegar and cleaners until it was fit to use. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here in Hawaii Kai. We would definitely come again.
David B., Riverside, CA, 7.11.15
- This was one of the most amazing beach houses we have stayed at. Only suggestion would be to have a throw to put over the white couches. I covered them so the kids wouldn't get them dirty. It was extremely well equipped with everything you need for the beach. Steven was wonderful. I would definatly rent it again.
Valerie M., Mesa, AZ, 3.21.15
- We thoroughly enjoyed our week at A Place in Hawaiian Paradise. The property manager met us upon arrival to walk through the home and responded to any request we had. We were impressed by the amenities of the home from kitchen items to beach items. The proximity to the beach was fabulous and we couldn't have asked for more. The home offers a number of places to relax and enjoy the weather and beach and it is conveniently located to everything we wanted to do. The best part as our kids and grand kids agreed was the beach!!! We would highly recommend this home for families and couples. Nanci B.
Nanci B., Phoenix, AZ, 10.19.14
- A Place in Hawaiian Paradise was everything we had hoped for. We had a large family vacation there and the location and house could not have been better. The condition of the house was clean and basically perfect. It had EVERYTHING we needed. The house manager Steven was amazing and was always available when needed! We would definitely stay at this house again!!!!! 5+ stars!!!!!!!
Julie N., Valencia, CA, 9.29.14
- Everything was great. Eve was very responsive. The home was a little dated but well appointed and perfect for our family reunion. Nice pool. Everything we needed. Great location. It should not take 60 days to return a security deposit.
Judy P., Carson City, Nevada, 1.6.10