- Oahu vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 778
Oahu vacation reviews
- The location is first-rated and we love the access to the beach. However, the house is not air-conditioned so it is not ideal for the entire family. Some of us are fine with the breeze while some found it warm and humid. Also, I found that the bathroom starter kit is not enough for our 10-day stay so it is annoying for us to go out and buy additional toilet paper. Overall, it was a good stay.
Teresa Z., Westlake Village, CA, 6.19.19
- The House was absolutely fantastic! Plenty of room for the 18 friends and family to hang. Kitchen was great, place was clean, perfect for our needs. Kepola and Kawika were very responsive and highly recommend using them for your getaway.
Scott M., Iowa Park, TX, 6.16.19
- Great views! Great beach! Great snorkeling! I liked that it was on two levels because the ocean view was seen from the living room and one of the three bedrooms! I would book here again!
Carla M., Coaldale, AB, 5.15.19
- We loved everything about this vacation home. The house was spotless, bright, and airy. Our family of four was so comfortable and relaxed in the spacious rooms. The casual but stylish beach decor was much appreciated. We had almost all meals at the house for the duration of our stay because we enjoyed eating on the lanai by the pool so much. The location was ideal. We walked to watch the sunrise every morning at Kalama beach park and then walked along the beach to Kalapawai market for coffee, one of our favorite holiday traditions in Kailua. Our kids ages 11 and 13 loved boogie boarding. This was a perfect base for some day trips as well, including Kualoa ranch, the Polynesian Cultural Center, and Turtle bay. We also had an easy drive in to the Ala Moana shopping mall. This is our fifth time vacationing in Kailua and Endless Summer is the nicest house we have rented. We will want to return and will definitely recommend it to friends and family.
Gudrun A., VICTORIA, BC, 3.28.19
- Feb 14 - 25 2019. We really liked the property location on the island and thank you for welcome gifts. Close to grocery stores and just about anything you want including beaches and all activity. Thank you to Tori and Misty for everything. Tori had brand new beach chairs for us, all other beach equipment and towels are also there and worked out great. BBQ, out door area, laundry big plus. The dark blinds were perfect for privacy, but would have been nice to pull them up every now and then for natural light. There was plenty of cookware, but not suitable for us. Everything we cooked got stuck to the pans and had to boil water and let them soak to clean, so we bought a couple of nonstick pans at goodwill, which we used the rest of our stay and we left them to add to the cookware collection for others to freely use. There was a couple of plumbing issues, which I reported, so hopefully will be fixed, so it doesn't get worse. Be sure to bring bags for shopping or they are 15 cents each. We left some in utility area and they have a reusable bag, which was really nice, that we found after our first grocery trip. If you have any questions or needs, they are extremely nice and respond quickly. We would definately stay again and recommend it to anyone.
Gary L., Tacoma, WA, 2.28.19
- The beach and kitchen were nice. The bed was very uncomfortable. The unit was clean. I would not book this property again.
Craig R., Calgary, AB, 2.22.19
- Home is in a great location, a 2-3 minute walk from a beautiful sandy beach, not much people traffic on the beach making it quite private. The house needed a bit of upkeep, insecure windows upstairs, broken kitchen sink plug, small fixes that would have made a difference. Pest control sent out but a bit too late for our liking, knowing that the owner was there the week before and hadn't arranged it beforehand. Kitchen well stocked with cooking and eating dinnerware, glasses, pots, blender, etc. Kids loved the pool and pool toys plentiful.
Joyce P., Spruce Grove, AB, 11.17.18
- I was not pleased with the 1 Bed room condo I rented. It was booked well in advance (almost 4-6 weeks ago) and when we arrive found many issues. Condo was not cleaned prior to arrival, Bathroom towels were dirty, smelly and were not washed, Cooking oven was not working, Bathroom drain was clooged sevierly, Lanai (balcony had lot of thrash and was dirty, Bathroom supply and laundry detergent was not supplied, Ceiling fans were not working, very in efficient. As soon as we entered the condo on Tuesday 9/18, this was notified to Lisa (Condo manager) and to the person (Chance Byrd) through whom we book this condo. But unfortunately, Lisa was out of State and Chance through whom we booked this condo was also not in Hawaii. But finally, on Thursday another maintennace person (Issabell) came to our rescue and provided us new portable baking oven, Toaster oven, and very small portable fan (6 inches). She brought us some Laundry detergent, Hand wash soap bottle and arrange for the Plumber to open the bathroom drain. He spent half an hour to remove tons of hair in the drain that was causing drain clogg. Issabella vaccume the whole condo, clean the Lanai (balcony) and made more livable. Almost two days we had to suffer. As Chance mentioned, we should get refund for the first two days that we had to put up with. I could not believe that we booked this condo well in advance and still it was a mess, no body has taken time to inspect this unit prior to our arrival. Issabella told us that this cfondo unit was not rented for a while and had lot of issue. I must thank Issabell for her outstanding support. But I am looking for first two days of refund for putting us through this trouble. This was my 38th Wedding anniversarry and my wife was very disappointed. Please call me at (301) 943-8848 on my cell or (301) 342-1187 (office) if you have to communicate to me. Also, your maintenace person (Issabella ) is the proof to confirm all the issue I addressed with her. She lives in same building Unit 404 I believe, who came to our help on Thursday Sept 20.
Rajesh D., Gaithersburg, MD, 9.24.18
- Location! Location! Location! Short walk to a lovely beach and lots of amenities for beach fun. Liked being outside of Honolulu. Cozy cottage for two, but would be small for more. Very clean.
Nina T., Invergrove Heights, MN, 9.13.18
- The overall quality of the estate was amazing and the customer service was excellent. The house was clean and very beautiful. It was actually much nicer than the photos posted and we held a small wedding of 30 in the estate and it was the most beautiful wedding. We are planning a trip there again in the future and othe family members that have visited Ohau numerous times had such a great experience that they would like to visit this exact estate on their next visit.
Jane Y., 9.5.18
- The home was very nice and customer service was great. The house was clean we were very satisfied with the home. I would book it again and it was great for the whole family. It was close to the beach and stores had a nice gas grill for barbq's. The only negative thing was that the hot tub didn't heat up. It was a great location with plenty of things to do.
Frank B., El Dorado Hills, CA, 7.30.18
- Absolutely loved the home and the setting!! We had a couple of small children who loved to run on the spacious backyard on the way to the beach. There was plenty of room for each of the 5 small groups in our family to have their own space and retreat as needed. The bedroom and bath on bottom floor were perfect for the safety of the family with the 15 month old. 4 bedrooms upstairs with tradewinds all night-heaven!! We got up to sunrise and ocean swim every morning. Close to all town amenities in Kailua and a gorgeous drive through rain forest to night out for dinner and slack key guitar concert in Honolulu!! Could have stayed another 10 days....thank you!
Claudia S., Citrus Heights, CA, 7.29.18
- This home was one of the best places I've stayed at. I came here with my boyfriend and his 2 kids. The homeowner greeted us at the house to go over all that we could possibly need. She also gave us some recommendations while on the island. It was very clean and had everything we needed. All we had to do was pack our clothes. It had clean linens, full kitchen, washer and dryer, a chest full of games. It had everything we needed for the beach that was only steps away from the driveway. Beach towels, sunblock, chairs, umbrella, a cooler and even sand toys for the kids. We had 2 little glitches with the air conditioner and water but The homeowner was on call for us and fixed the issues with a phone call. Our concierge contact was very helpful with some sites we wanted to visit. I will recommend this home to whoever I know planning a visit to Oahu. I would love to rent it again if I get back for a visit myself. All in all, this home made our visit the vacation of a lifetime between location and amenities. The best part is it was like having everything you need at home but don't have the room to pack nor want to buy when you get there! The homeowner also called us upon checkout to make sure we enjoyed our stay.
- Thank you Jackie for thinking of every possible detail to make your place extremely enjoyable !!
Rochelle S., N Olmsted, OH, 7.28.18
- This is a gorgeous house in a nice neighborhood with a stunning location. The owner and manager were polite, attentive and respectful of our time. The house is on shared property but is completely private. We didn't have any issue with it being shared. It was clean, organized and convenient. We woke up every morning to a gorgeous sunrise, swam in the pool and sat out in the hot tub Thank you for a dream vacation!
Carolyn R., Franklin, NJ, 7.4.18
- The customer service we received was excellent - everything went smoothly from initial reservation to payment to instructions about the unit, to a follow up thank you message upon leaving. We would use this company again and recommend to others. The unit itself had a great view and the photos accurately portrayed the condition with just a couple of exceptions: The bathroom was very small but we appreciated the tiled shower stall with detachable shower head and good water pressure. The washer/dryer worked fine, but there was duct tape - holding it together? Not sure, since it worked fine. The dishes and glassware appeared cloudy but they were clean, so maybe it's the water or age. The view was wonderful - we enjoyed hearing the sound of the ocean during dinner and breakfast. Wifi worked well too. The location was excellent to serve as our home base for the Polynesian Cultural Center, Tropical Farms Macadamia Nut Farm, Kualoa Ranch etc. etc. Giovanni's shrimp truck just 6-7 mi up the road was wonderful for dinners. Overall, a very good experience.
Bonnie B., Hershey, PA, 5.9.18
- This is the perfect place to stay!
Paul C., Hesperia, CA, 5.6.18
- This is the cutest little cabin, just yards from a beautiful beach, that we practically had to ourselves. This isn't a resort were everything is perfect, but it is an authentic Hawaiian experience. You'll get to meet lots of locals, eat their food, see the real Hawaii. Its close to many great hikes, and wonderful places to eat, and some unbelievable snorkeling. Hawaii is incredibly crowded, with bumper to bumper traffic, but this little pocket of the island feels like you have it all to yourself. Go eat at Ono's and the ice cream next door at Keneke's is to die for! We will stay here again! - Ross & Shelley.
Shelly L T., Hartsburg, IL, 4.24.18
- The house was a perfect choice for our family. Plenty of room to spread out. It's well equipped in the kitchen and there are lots of games to play and also pool/beach toys, beach chairs and towels. We really appreciated the fitted life vest for our granddaughter. The beach is just a short walk and can be quickly accessed through a path just a few doors down from the house. The pool was a great place to relax and we all enjoyed playing 'soccer' in the yard. We walked into Kailua a couple of times and it was great to have a Whole Foods for grocery shopping. Definitely recommend the house for families and friends.
Nancy F., 3.16.18
- My family of 8 (2 adult couples, two teens, two tweens) chose this home for our 8 day stay on Kailua Beach. The home was outstanding in every way. It was clean, very well stocked and had a large variety of beach gear. The two large living areas allowed for separation if needed. It is directly on the beach at a location convenient to the state park and area stores. It has large front and back yards for outdoor play. It is NOT air conditioned but has ceiling fans in every room. Our local contact, Misty, was very responsive. When a plumbing problem developed, a plumber was there within 30 minutes. It has a gate on the drive which is a bit of a nuisance but does provide security. We would choose this house again for another stay!
Neil S., Fayetteville, AR, 3.12.18
- Rented Tropical Breeze but was put in Monet. The bed was not very comfortable, kinda hard.. Cleanliness was good. We were there a few days and there was toilet tissue in upper cabinet above toilet, and one day cleaners were there for other unit and took all the toilet tissue and laundry soap for our unit. We had to go buy some. The refridgerator was very old and very loud even at night. Condo was great other than that. Close to beach and very nice quiet neighborhood. Probably wouldn't book again. Oahu is ok but prefer Maui or Kauai.
Howard P., Anchorage, AK, 2.8.18
- The beach walk was absolutely charming! The location could not have been any better! Every detail was carefully and lovingly provided by Jackie from check-in to departure. I just happened to be lucky enough to find you folks after another property owner in the area did not honor my reservation. I found this unit online and my fears were quickly put to rest after speaking with Chance, Karen (travel services), and then Jackie upon check-in. Thank you all so much for a wonderful vacation!
Leslie A H., La Crescenta, CA, 1.7.18
- The Waialua Retreat is a great home that met every need of our family of 7. Owners have supplied everything you need from kitchen supplies to beach gear. Home is in perfect location with a quiet beach area and minutes away from town and great restaurants. We stayed 8 days and cooked in a lot to enjoy the great ocean views throughout the day. We loved the house and can't wait to go back.
Larry C., Long Grove, IL, 1.5.18
- great location and excellent property. had everything we needed!!
Brook H., Portland, OR, 1.2.18
- The On the Beach Surf Sweet is delightful. Great place for two to enjoy the local feel of Hawaii. Includes all the beach toys you need, snorkel gear, boggy board, umbrella, cooler, and beach towels outdoor BBQ. Kitchen has all you need to prepare great meals. Immaculately clean when we arrived. Just a few short steps from your door to beautiful and uncrowded Waimanalo Beach. Lots of local things to see and do for the adventurous. We will be going back next year.
Bob J., Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 10.23.17
- Overall quality: Great !
- Level CS: excellent !
- Condition: perfect !
- Satisfaction: very !
- Recommendation: definitely recommend it
- Best part: Location !
- Worst part: flights and transfers on airports !
- We had an amzing time with the familie !
Hans K., Diepenheim, 8.6.17
- Property was clean, close to beaches and good food. View was spectacular. Owner very responsive to needs and very friendly. Would definately stay again.
Stan R., Memphis, TN, 7.31.17
- Wonderful home, completely and beautifully furnished. Even sandtoys for grandchildren, and beach chairs and umbrellas for others. Lanai our favorite place to relax and eat. The house is very close to beach access and Kailua town center. Highly recommend. Great service by rental agency.
Hope W., Raleigh, NC, 7.31.17
- Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was a wonderful experience for my family and I. The houses were well-kept and the view of Kane'ohe Bay was beautiful. The younger family members enjoyed feeding the fish in the pond and the older members enjoyed the peace and quiet of not being in an overcrowded resort hotel. Dishwashing would have been appreciated, but fortunately, we are all used to hand washing dishes. Jennifer Pham was a delight to speak to and very responsive to any calls we made to her. I would return in a heartbeat!
David K., 7.24.17
- Very clean and looked recently renovated. Very comfortable with the air conditioning.
Shirley B., San Clemente, CA, 7.23.17
- Two comments: The property was wonderful. Misty and service was friendly, responsive and professional Five stars for property Five stars for Misty
Edmund J., Portland, OR, 7.18.17
- Although I've never been good at words, I will attempt to do so because this was such a slice of heaven to be in. With a beach right out your back door, to some of the most spectacular views of the North Shore, there was nothing lacking with this home away from home. The open floor plan with high ceilings complimented the airy feel and breezy atmosphere and truly lived up to it's name "Retreat". Quiet nights listening to the surf, and quiet nights in the neighborhood, a refreshing change from the everyday life in the city. Shopping, Shrimp Trucks, Sightseeing, all close by. Surf lessons and Shark adventures and fine dining too! As I've said...a true slice of heaven
Paul G., Sacramento, CA, 4.24.17
- The house was as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures. I think it was closer to the water than we thought which is awesome, even though too rocky to get in there it is a beautiful view and we loved it. 1st time in Hawaii and it was all and more than I expected
Robin J., Odessa, TX, 10.24.16
- The place was amazing. The house was perfect. It was very clean and Diane was wonderful to deal with. The beach out front was nearly private. I would definitely stay here again.
Amy H., Appleton, WI, 10.19.16
- We had an amazing trip to Hawaii and the house was just perfect! The house was well maintained and clean. The pool was amazing and we spent time in it daily. The location was ideal, only two blocks from the beach. I highly recommend this house and we will definitely rent it again on our next trip to Kailua!
Elena G., Birmingham, MI, 10.10.16
- A great time had by all. The house is gorgeous and well appointed. Family and friends enjoyed themselves.
Iwalani S., San Marcos, CA, 9.28.16
- Location, location, location! This cottage is in a fabulous location and is very clean and well maintained. Everything is in very good condition, and the linens and towels were high quality. There was plenty of closet space, ample parking, easy beach access, and good air conditioning in the bedrooms. The only negatives were that for the price paid to rent this home, I would hope they wouldn't mind renters running the air conditioning as much as they wish; however, there are signs asking renters to shut off air conditioning if they go out (leaving the home stiflingly hot upon return from dinner or the market) and keeping their air conditioning no cooler than 72. Further, the washing machine is old and runs very short cycles, and leaves sand in the drum if there's even the slightest trace of sand on bathing suits or beach towels. There is also no drain stopper in the tub, making it impossible to bathe small children. Also, the wifi was very weak and couldn't even be detected on our devices until day 3. Finally, the hot water ran out quickly and took a very long time to heat up again. I recognize these are small things, but these are what I would recommend fixing/addressing to make this a flawless rental!
Jill W., Cary, NC, 9.12.16
- The condo was clean and in good condition, and we had a fantastic time in Kailua!
Mark C., Dublin, OH, 8.20.16
- Everything was perfect from the time I booked (9 months ago) to our departure. The house was immaculate and I received updates and clear check-in instructions. The property managers ensured everything was in order and ready for us. I will definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Thanks again!
Season R., Elko, NV, 8.19.16
- The Beachside Villa was a beautiful spacous house with many nice amenities. Jennie Gratz was very helpful in helping us find this place and make arrangements. The place was very clean and neat when we arrived. Kepola was very helpful with the arrival arranges for us and answered a few questions we had before arrival. Shawn was there when we arrived and showed us around the house. We only had one small problem with the pool remote and Shawn came right over and got it straightened out. We really enjoyed this house. Its so close to the beach, it came with beach chairs and other beach gear including towels. The kitchen is so nice and stocked with some basics including lots of spices. The house had lots of spaces to gather and its was perfect for our extended family. We would definitely rent this place again and recommend it to friends.
George I., Plainsboro, NJ, 8.15.16
- We used the entire Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate for a wedding gathering. It was perfect for this event. The large, medium and studios house worked very well for the group. The houses were well designed and beautifully decorated. It was nice to be away from Honolulu and Waikiki. The houses were clean. The fish pond was amazing - imagine feeding a pond full of fish. It was incredible. Highly recommend this as a place to stay away from the madding crowd. Con - It is in a residential area so people do need be quiet after 10 pm. Also, if someone wants maid service daily, they will need to organize that separately.
Susan G., West Redding, CT, 8.13.16
- Our stay at Nani's cottage was wonderful. The house was spotless, air conditioned and supplied with everything we needed in the kitchen, as well as linens, towels and beach gear. The beach access was one house over and very convenient. There was a spectacular view of the sunrise from the upstairs bedroom! Misty arranged for us to check in smoothly and was a pleasure to work with. A dining table and chairs out on the deck would have provided a place for meals for the three of us as the house has only a counter with two stools. I would highly recommend this rental for anyone who wants to enjoy the beach at Kailua away from the crowds.
Joanne S., Centereach, NY, 8.12.16
- This vacation home was perfect for our family of 12....3 young families that included 4 children and 2 grandparents. The 4 ocean view bedrooms upstairs were perfect to split families up, the room with twin beds facing the mountain view was perfect for 2 children and the master suite was spacious and quiet when the rest of the house was full of noise. The master has views of both the ocean and the mountains, a sitting room, large walk-in closet and plenty of room in the bedroom area. It could easily be used for parents who want to have small children nearby in a pack n play or using a blowup mattress. There is also one bedroom/bathroom downstairs that worked well for us for the family with a toddler who was worried about the stairs. The home was clean and the layout was perfect for our large family. The location is wonderful, being close to Kailua Beach Park, downtown Kailua, grocery shopping and numerous restaurants. The beach is right past the yard, but the hedges around the yard provide for privacy and the ability to keep an eye on small children. The views cannot be beat. Kailua Town can be reaching by walking, biking or driving and Honolulu is only 30 minutes away. Misty at Hawaiian Hideaways (rental agent) was very helpful and responsive. By unanimous opinion, we all decided the house was perfect, as was the location, and we would definitely want to stay there again on our next visit to Oahu.
Karen D., Mesa, AZ, 8.8.16
- Serenity Cottage was a hit with our small family. We are originally from Kailua so it was a perfect location on the beach for visiting with our local ohana. Love having the barbecue grill to cook out and the cottage was very clean. So sad to leave and ready to return next vacation time. Aloha and thank you.
Julianca M., Villa Rica, GA, 8.7.16
- Beautiful home in a perfect location. Wish the trip didn't have to end! We made lovely memories , and welcomed a new daughter in law into the family while staying there! We will definately be back and hopefully someday with grandbabies.
Michelle T., Sahurita, AZ, 7.31.16
- As we were on the East Coast, trying to research and get information for houses in Hawaii was a bit stressful due to time zones and limited number of homes. Our agent(s) helped us immensely as most sites and homes information(booking dates, costs, etc) is not kept up to date so relying on the agents on the phone was critical. The home was more than we expected and just what we wanted as it was in a great location with fantastic views and basically on a private beach. The home was beautiful yet very renter friendly as it was nicely decorated and had everything we needed for eating/cooking in which we did every night. The condition was good as its a rental and most things worked perfectly or as expected but was a bit outdated in some spots but nothing that would keep us from renting again. It was clean when we arrived except that the garbage was overflowing from the previous renters and based on the garbage schedule, we would have had to wait an entire week for it to be emptied. I called the rental manager and she sent someone over right away as well as replaced the grill gas container as it was empty when we checked in. Over all no big issues and if we had them they were handled very quickly. We would of course rent this exact property again and will recommend to any and all friends etc.,etc. as it was a great property and all it was advertised to be on the websites. The best part of the trip was the house, the location, the beach and to cap it off we had the fireworks barge right in front of the house/beach the evening of the 4th of July. One thing I wish would have happened and recommend for anyone renting a property such as this would be to have someone from the rental agency, or property manager to meet at the time of check in at the home to make sure everything is in order. This in our case would have saved some time and back and forth between us and the manager. Thank you all again for a great experience and we hope to come back soon.
Jeffrey B., Holly Springs, NC, 7.26.16
- Lanikai Beach Bungalow is one of the best places I have stayed on the island. Customer service was outstanding. Great location to walk to town and beaches or to get away from it all. The best part of this trip was the morning swim and then coffee with my friends, tue honu, and the Mokes. I will definitely rent with Aloha Beachfront rentals again.
Shana B., Richmond, CA, 7.26.16
- We very much enjoyed the Beach Walk...and it is indeed a very short walk to the beach! We wish the house was off the very busy street, but this is just a small complaint. We would highly recommend it to others. Owner was very cordule even when we lost one of the boogie boards...it walked away somehow. Kailua is much better than the Waikiki side of the island.
James M., Moraga, CA, 7.22.16
- Define divine: that sums up our week at the Aloha Nalo on the beautiful, Waimanalo shore. It was our dream to spend the week with our entire family...9 of us including three grandchildren... celebrating our 50th anniversary in an oceanfront home in Hawaii. Your wonderful home exceeded our wildest expectations. It was clean as a whistle and very well appointed...we lacked for nothing. We particularly loved the enormous dining room table facing the ocean that sat all nine of us easily. An added bonus was Diane, who made very sure that we had absolutely everything that we needed. She was there to greet us when we arrived and wish us aloha when we left.....so warm, engaging and accommodating. Thank you Diane and Vacation Rental Agent for an absolutely glorious week. Dennis and Johanna Clarke Fairview, Texas
Rachel C., Fairview, TX, 7.15.16
- The homes ocean view is hard to surpass it is fantastic. The home has a very cool vintage style however it is showing its age and needs some refurbishing. I would rate the home higher but it needs A/C which would help retain the beautiful wood in the home. If there are 6 or more in your party renting is the way to go - having your own private pool is hard to beat.
William W., Comfort, TX, 7.12.16
- Overall a great vacation rental. This vacation home was spacious and our family had a lot of room to have individual space and not feel cramped in close quarters. It was exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable. Great location and convenient to the beach. The owners were extremely easy to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We would recommend this vacation home to anyone and would rent again on our next trip to Oahu. Thanks for making our family vacation wonderful.
Alton W. & Tammy C., Sulphur Springs, TX, 7.10.16
- The overall quality of the Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was excellent. The condition of the rental was excellent and provided plenty of room for our group of 12. We were very satisfied and would book the rental again. The owner was very friendly and helpful which made the stay much more enjoyable. Shiela provided excellent service but there was confusion on check in probably due to our misunderstanding. The best part of the trip was the many activities that Oahu offered. Hawaii is a great place to vacation.
Daniel S., Sierra Vista, AZ, 7.6.16
- Absolutely loved it. The unit was clean, the views were incredible! Loved it all!
Krista M., Midway, UT, 7.6.16
- We really enjoyed our time in Tranquility Beachfront. The views and beach access can't be beat. The house was well stocked with towels, kitchen items, beach items etc. A few suggestions: -I don't think the BBQ works-we could not get it to light. -The pull-out bed in the den is not usable due to the mattress in the couch which was a shame. The room is on the beach side so we really wanted to use it for sleeping. -We couldn't find a full size broom or Swiffers (both useful for a stay of a week).
Melicent P., San CArlos, CA, 7.1.16
- We loved our stay at A place in Hawaiian Paradise. The house is clean, in prefect condition and contains all the amenities one would want. The view of the water is breathtaking and the little walking path to the beach is delightful. Steven is excellent and helpful and took care of all our needs. I would definitely return and recommend this home to anyone.
Bernadette P., 6.28.16
- Very comfortable and clean room. The breeze on the top floor was very pleasant. Thank you very much.
Paul S., San Francisco, CA, 6.25.16
- Definitely 5 star house. Beautiful tiled bottom pool with great spa. This was the second time for our family renting this house. Rental agents very responsive and helpful. Perfect location with just steps to Kailua beach. Because this was our second visit to the home we noticed the home shows some worn but still almost as good as our first visit. I highly recommend this house for a great family vacation. Thanks again for a wonderful vacation rental.
Gary T., Valencia, CA, 6.24.16
- We found the overall quality of "Laulea" to be excellent. The condition, cleanliness and layout of the house bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry, lanai, living rooms, pool,,etc. made for a very comfortable fit for the 9 adults and 2 month old infant affording privacy and wonderful family gathering experiences. The kitchen was amazing providing first rate appliances, all the gadgets, pots and pans, cutlery, china etc one could ask for to prepare meals for our brood. The location of the rental was exceptional as well, right across the street from a glorious beach, near shopping, eating and all types of sports rental facilities. It also had easy access to the sites of the Island, Waikiki and Honolulu. The house is in an attractive residential area, providing quiet but also not far from "the action." (as our two teenagers can confirm) an excellent home base. Probably the best part of our trip was that the house made it possible for our whole family to enjoy this beautiful island together. The customer service was also exceptional. The VRA website was a pleasure to use. Throughout (pre- post arrival) the property managers patiently, thoroughly and with good humor answered our many questions. They were always available if needed but never intruded in our privacy. The trip was a celebration of our 50th Wedding anniversary and the property manager' went out of their way to make it a memorable occasion. They are very special people , giving true meaning to the Hawaiian word "Aloha". We would definitely rent Laulea again if we returned with the family to Oahu and have already begun recommending it unreservedly to others.
Leonard and Susan W., Shorewood, WI, 6.16.16
- Great, except for the 20 or so drunks that were partying on the beach with a bonfire yelling and screaming from midnight till 2AM+/-.
Teresa C., Lake Forest, IL, 6.14.16
- This property is the best property we have rented from all of the properties rented in the past. It was perfect. Great location, the kitchen had all the supplies we needed to cook at home, all of the amenities were there and the pool and outdoor area was spectacular. We will most certainly be back.
John B., 6.14.16
- "Koolau Haven" was in excellent condition for our stay june 1-june 6, it was spotless when we arrived and we felt at home. The decor is modern and I loved that. My husband and 8yo son enjoyed having wi-fi access and cable tv after our long beach days. It was easy to turn on the AC and cool the place down in a matter of minutes which was great! We were pleased with it being centrally located, it was never more than a 30 minute drive to anywhere we visited on the island. I would definitely book it again if it is just the 3 of us visiting the island again. My son liked to sleep on the comfy couch so we didn't use the pull out bed. I would've liked to have had more beach equipment like a boogie board or more small beach chairs. Thank you for opening your home and allowing us to stay here.
Arlene S., Stockton, CA, 6.9.16
- We loved staying here. The booking was easy. On sight people were very helpful with a couple minor items. House was very clean and kitchen well stocked. Wonderful location less than 1 block from ocean and beautiful beach. You can hear ocean waves at night through open windows. Only draw back was no A/C. Breeze and fans were sufficient to keep house cool most nights. We would stay here again!
Linda L., Redding, CA, 6.6.16
- Location - 5. Kailua beach is the best on Oahu and the property is located in a great part of the beach, close to the local market, beach park, local shops. Cottage - needs updating. Sliding doors in bedroom and one sliding door in lounge room are broken and can't be opened so you can't get any sea breeze though the room. You need to use the air con to cool the bedroom which is not ideal. Furniture - is out dated and too big for the tiny lounge room. Get rid of the huge TV cabinet and put the TV on the wall. Impossible to watch TV for more than 1 person without having to move all the furniture. BBQ - didn't work even though you say it does, it doesn't stay alight. (yes there was gas in the bottle). Kitchen - the fridge is old and rusted, not a good look. Get an electric kettle, as the gas one takes forever to bowl water and doesn't whistle either. Sharing - this property is on the same block as the main house. You should let your potential guests know that they may be sharing the property with another family. I am sure both renters need to know this as they may not want to rent if they know they are sharing the same property. Value for money - 2. You pay too much for what is on offer. Please keep you property maintained. Agents of the property - 4. They were attentive to our requests. Thanks. Overall - I wouldn't want to have four people staying, it's just too small. OK for two people. Would I rent this again knowing in its current condition? - No.
Graham B., Church Point, NSW, 6.4.16
- Such a lovely place to stay. Being right beside the ocean was just perfect. There is plenty of room to move both inside and outside the house - and it was fabulous that we could open all of the large doors and hear the ocean and feel the breeze throughout the house! Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay!
Amanda S., Hornsby, 5.31.16
- The house looked exactly like the pictures. Everything was clean and in great condition; the house is elegantly furnished. We were completely satisfied with the rental and would recommend it to anyone who would like to be in a quiet area. It is not far from a beautiful, quiet beach.
Lisa C., Napaskiak, AK, 5.31.16
- My friends and I traveled to Oahu for the first time this week. What an amazing place. We stayed at "Hale Ainoni" and were very satisfied with this home. It was in a great location near the beach in the town of Kailua with shopping and restaurants within a 5 minute ride. The beach was a quick 2 minute walk. The home was clean and fully furnished with everything we needed for our trip and we really enjoyed sitting on the patio in the mornings and evenings. There were 6 of us there and everyone agreed that if we ever get back to Oahu we would definitely want to stay at the same place.
Deborah S., Belhaven, NC, 5.18.16
- The cottage was good and we enjoyed our stay. The position of the cottage between WAimea Bay and shark cove is great. With just a few extra my "good " Rating would have been "great". We were there with our grandkids and daughter. Having no table and chairs inside was a negative for us. We love meals outside but sometimes need inside. By reacing the big old lounge with a small cleaner one a table and chairs would fit nicely. Please also provide a baking dish for the oven and a salad bowl. Little things that make a difference. This is our third rental with vacation rentals and we have enjoyed them all. Mahalo.
Carly O., Collaroy, NSW, 5.15.16
- Hale Ainoni was very clean and comfortable house located in a quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of Kailua town. The property manager was very professional and helpful, but not overbearing. She made sure that we were comfortable on the first day, and left us to enjoy the house. Having a bathroom, and air conditioning for each bedroom was a plus. The pool was a refreshing treat. I recommend this property to anyone who's looking for a quite place to stay.
Neichelle T., HONOLULU, HI, 5.3.16
- We really enjoyed our stay at Makana's Place! The living room area provided a wonderful place for sitting around with morning coffee or evening wine. There was plenty of room for all 6 of us, and it was VERY quiet, and clean. There are ample fans and AC in the rooms, but opening the many windows for the nice sea breezes was also a lovely option. It is not particularly near the beach, which I would have preferred, but it is priced more affordably than many of the other places because of that (I assume). When you think about it, however, most folks want to explore beyond Kailua anyway, and we were there for a wedding so it didn't matter. Misty was a wonderful host/contact for our visit. We would recommend this place, as long as its distance from the beach was not an issue. Also, there was plenty of parking on the site, which was nice because street parking in that area seems rarely available. Thanks!
Ann T., June Lake, CA, 4.21.16
- My family and I had a wonderful time at the rental. Location was fabulous. Just a block from the beach. Misty Martin was was helpful to our needs. I few negatives though. Not enough coffee cups, there were 6 of us and only 3 cups, so we had to purchase some at target. All the mattresses need to be replaced, there was not a full tank of gas for the grill, we ran out, but Misty did take care of that immediately. Overall we did love the place. This was the first time I ever rented a house and would definitely do t again.
Lori L., 4.8.16
- The overall experience was 5 Star. It is hard to explain to anyone how well the house is appointed. The views and beach were breathtaking. This home is one of the best that I have ever stayed at for a vacation rental. The owners were fantastic and so easy to work with. The best part of the trip is sitting on the outside deck in a rocking chair looking up and down the beach. The views are breathtaking.
Dwight P., Fayetteville, AR, 4.1.16
- Where do I start? We did not have access to a review of the property when we rented so I was anxious about the property before we got there. We were very impressed by the property when we got there. we called the propery manager from the airport who gave us instructions on how to get in. The property manager met us within a few minutes but not before we got a ticket for parking on the road in front of the property as parking is very restricted in the neighbourhood. The house and grounds with the large pool in the yard were very clean. Everything is tastefully decorated. The beds are very comfortable and two of the bedrooms are air conditioned. The most awesome aspect of the property is the open covered lanai between the three buildings with one of the dinning areas, day beds and a large screen tv all overlooking the large pool. In the evenings the pool and garden are lit up making a magical view. The kitchen was very well equipped and the beds were very comfortable with high end bedding. If we did not want to hang out at the pool the beach was across the street and down a short lane way. Lanika beach is a pleasant half an hour stroll down to the end of the beach to the rocks that was not crowded even over a busy Easter weekend. It is rated one of the best beaches on Oahu for a good reason. We travelled to other beaches and did not find its equal. shopping is close in Kailua with all the usual grocery stores and shops. We can recommend Bookends as a great bookstore with awesome customer service! The short falls were that we are from a quiet part of the world so ear plugs were needed some nights due to neighbour noise and there are no curtains so I needed my eye patches as the sun is up at 6:00 am and we did not want to be. The best part was the pool in the backyard and being across the road from the beach a great location for ohau We would totally rent this propery again. It is a beautiful property that suited our family of four with two teenagers but would equally suit three couples.
Irena E., Calgary, AB, 3.30.16
- We were very impressed with Serenity Beachfront Cottage. Loved the location. Four of us stayed there and it was the perfect size. It was clean. Comfortable. I would definitely recommend this house. I would most definitely rent this location again.
Sandra D., Lincoln Park, NJ, 3.28.16
- Exceptional home. Steps from a great boogie boarding beach. Our family enjoyed the gourmet kitchen and upscale design of the home. We loved the wood and tile flooring and open house layout. The booking agents were friendly, helpful, and warm. This luxury home is close to Honolulu and the Polynesian Cultural Center (we loved this). We are planning a return visit!!! Mahalo!
Joy E., Las Vegas, NV, 3.27.16
- This is a lovely house with a fabulous location just a few minutes walk from a wonderful beach. The layout of the house is great with three very private bedrooms each with its own bathroom. The yard is great with a big lawn for kids to play on and a pool. The reason we can't give this house a 5 is due to the lack of upkeep. The kitchen is poorly stocked making it hard to cook food. There is no whisk, no spatula, no garlic press, no scissors, a lot of small things needed for cooking were missing. The dishwasher is an old machine that takes many tries before it starts, isn't attached inside the counter and wiggles around when opening and closing the door, and it's extremely noisy. One of the cabinet doors in the kitchen will not stay closed. It is a cabinet right next to the stove at the place were you stand when preparing the food, so the door keeps opening and bumping your head while cooking. Only one bulb out of three over the dining table is working. The lamp sits too high up making it impossible to change the bulbs. One of the main glass sliding doors is broken, making it very hard to open and close this door. The shower door in one of the bathrooms will not close, resulting in water spill into the bathroom every time someone showers. The pool pump was not working so we had to call and complain to get that fixed. The gate does not close automatically as stated. The wifi network name in the directory is wrong too.
Per T., Portland, OR, 3.24.16
- A hidden jewel in paradise!! If you want to enjoy island life, this is da place. Accommodations are 5 star and Misty provided real time updates throughout the process. Looking forward to return trips in the future. Aloha spirit is alive and well in Kaneohe!! Mahalo Tori & Misty...
Leo P., Chula Vista, CA, 3.22.16
- Absolutely the best location,accommodations and grounds we've ever had for a family vacation. Son's,daughters, spouses and grandchildren "loved' it. On the flight home my wife and I looked back over the week and came to the same conclusion - we're coming back! Only regret, I haven't used your company before. Thank you! P.S. The tropical 'guest house' and separate pool just made it all the more perfect.
Charles H., 3.20.16
- GREAT location so close to the beach! The house was very clean and well appointed, especially the kitchen. We had several issues with things not working including the dishwasher and the upstairs shower had no hot water. Property manager was responsive to our text, but they had no one available to fix dishwasher for 3 days (after we checked out). The website claims they have a queen sized master bed but it is actually a double. My husband had to sleep on the couch because the bed was too small for two people. Need to add A/C to the upstairs bedroom as it is too hot to sleep upstairs (and this was in relatively cool March). Also, ALL the downstairs windows were opaque and covered by curtains so it felt very claustrophobic. Need some place for 4 people to eat meals together- maybe add a table out on the deck?
Greta M., Pacific Grove, CA, 3.10.16
- We loved the house, I wish I could give it 10 stars!! The neighborhood was quiet and private, the house was clean and supplied with everything we needed. It was wonderful to have our family all under one roof, as opposed to a hotel, and with enough beds and baths to serve all. The beach was amazing and so close, and we appreciate all the beach toys that were made available for our use. It was a short trip into town for anything we needed, it couldn't have been more convenient. We had a wonderful time with our adult children and grandchildren and I highly recommend this rental. Thank you!!
Laura N., Hillsboro, OR, 3.2.16
- Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Endless Summer Getaway. While its best attribute was its fairly central Kailua location, it is 2 houses away from a main road which generated persistent traffic noise. The neighbors were loud, dogs frequently barked, and this house was not the peaceful sanctuary that we had imagined. When we arrived, we were surprised to discover the house is behind a large gate, locked with a padlock, which must be locked and unlocked each time you want to enter or exit the property, due to the pool not being separately fenced in. Access to the house is perpetually inconvenient as you have to get out of your car, unlock the lock, roll the gates open, then pull your car in, roll the gates closed, then re-lock the padlock. There is not a man door so the same process must be used when going for a walk or bike ride. The house was clean but all of the outdoor garbage/recycling bins were full, in addition to 3 open bags of beer cans from the previous guests, that we were expected to take to the curb on "recycle day". I don't mind taking trash bins to the curb, but this task was disgusting and the overflowing garbage should have been removed by the cleaners prior to our arrival. We were not aware Endless Summer did not have air conditioning. Had we known, we would not have stayed here. It was terribly hot on days without trade winds and 2 of the 3 bedroom floor fans did not work, making our party of 4 very uncomfortable. We used the other fans continuously and kept the doors and windows open, in direct contradiction to Endless Summer's instructions which indicate that guests should close and lock all doors and windows prior to leaving each day. This made us concerned that the area wasn't safe and perhaps prone to break-ins, but after locking the doors and windows on the first day, we discovered that the house becomes 85 degrees and intolerable, especially without air conditioning available. We rejoiced the first day upon discovering a spa next to the pool. We were sorely disappointed when the property manager, Misty, told us the spa doesn't work and wasn't "advertised" as being an amenity of the rental. In that case, either repair it or fill it in with concrete! The good news: The coffee, snacks, and large bottle of water were a nice touch and much appreciated. It was nice having a stove rather than hot plate, and one of the reasons we chose this rental. We used the 2 good boogie boards, it was nice that those were available - however, the broken ones should be discarded. The bad news: No ice maker in the freezer and the refrigerator was not as cold as we expected. Time for an upgraded fridge? Insufficient toilet paper and paper towels to last us through our stay. We had to buy more. Received "reminders" to take out the trash/recycling on trash night, which made us feel like we were being spied on by the property manager. Several outlets in the bedrooms and kitchen did not work. Could not turn on the ceiling fan in the living room (closest to the pool) and have its light off at the same time. The remote for it did not work. The pool cleaner came during the day without our being notified. It would have been nice to know ahead of time when this person was scheduled, especially since we had doors and windows opened. Summary: All in all, I feel like we were duped into this rental. Everything looked great in the pictures, but the reality was less than ideal. The fact that the owner/property manager doesn't allow reviews or show the property's availability on HomeAway/VRBO should have been my red flag to avoid this rental. Candid reviews would have given me more information on what to actually expect but would likely be a kiss of death for this operation, which is probably why reviews aren't allowed. Unfortunately, for my family, the "good" didn't outweigh all the negatives/inconveniences that we encountered while staying at this vacation rental and we were left feeling a bit so
Emily B., Anchorage, AK, 3.2.16
- We were very happy with our stay at the Serenity Cottage. The home was exactly what we expected. There were no surprises and we were happy and comfortable. There were just 3 of us, 2 adults and one child. Plenty of space for us, but 4 adults would be pretty crowded. The location is the number one reason to stay here. Amazing access to a fantastic beach. With a small child in tow we could easily come and go from the beach multiple times a day. There were beach toys, chairs, and coolers available. It was an effortless way to spend our vacation, just playing and relaxing. The home is older, very classic Hawaiian in it's set up and appointments. However it was spotlessly clean and the beds and linens were good quality. The kitchen was well stocked and we were especially happy to have abundant supplies of things like soap, trash bags, and paper towels. The only quibble I have is that the BBQ is succumbing to the elements. One of the burners was rusted over and could not be lit. It will need to be replaced soon. That didn't stop us from grilling, it just meant only half of it was in use. We had a couple of issues come up while we were staying, and Misty, our contact, took care of them just fine. After staying in quite a few rental homes over the years in various locations around the world this is the best experience we have had. I would be delighted to stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
Ruth S., Seattle, WA, 2.29.16
- Excellent house. It was clean. Very nice kitchen. If you dont like noise, we do, you may be annoyed with the crashing of the waves that are not stop. Nice ocean view deck. This house was a gem with a reasonable price. Washer and dryer on side of house outside could have used a sensor light and area rug in living room was rolling up which created a tripping hazard, and bed in back side room was uncomfortable. Minor issues in our mind. We loved this house overall and we would definitely rent again without question.
Chris M., Regina, SK, 2.27.16
- We had a great time at the palace!! Very clean and accommodating! Only negative was that the mattresses were hard. Other than that it was perfect!! Also a big thank you to the owner for the welcome basket of goodies!!! We truly appreciate you for allowing us to stay in your home!! God bless!!!
Terri M., Athens, TX, 2.21.16
- We had a wonderful time staying at this rental. We recently stated for five days with our two young children and had a great experience. The house was perfect and had everything we could possibly have needed. The location was amazing! Only 120 steps from the beach. Misty was very helpful throughout the booking process and following up with us during our stay. We will definitely be returning here for our next trip to Hawaii. Thank you!
Shannon N., Kaneohe, HI, 2.17.16
- Loved every minute! Clean, good customer service, definitely want to return and will recommend to friends. Loved being able to walk in to Kailua. Beaches were beautiful.
Carl C., Aptos, CA, 2.15.16
- This house was really perfect for our family of 3. Adorable, comfortable, SO close to the beach and a few other shops/restaurants (but for downtown, you either drive or bike unless you want to take a long walk); really close to Lanikai and the Pillbox trail too. Kitchen had all that we needed, fans in every room were great & AC in bedrooms when needed; plenty of hot water. I loved the various patio/deck spaces, lined with lush palms. Couple of things to mention - front bedroom AC is LOUD but it does act as white noise for the noisy/busy street the house is on. Neighbors just started a roofing project when we were there, hopefully they are done soon! Freezer was leaking water in to fridge - not a big deal, just had to clean up a few times/day. TV worked just fine (we only used DVD player for child); plenty of seating and a nice supply of beach items plus a hose at the patio/property entry to get the sand off your feet. Really was a great house for us, will likely stay there again all the price point was at our high end. Worth it I think, for beach location, outdoor spaces, 2 bathrooms/showers, really functional kitchen, fans & nice decor! PM who met us was wonderful, Jackie. We also rented snorkel gear from nearby Kailua Beach Rental, super nice people, so use them for kayaks, beachwear, whatever!
Meredith C., Portland, OR, 2.12.16
- We had a fantastic time at this lovely location. The house fit 3 couples and a baby extremely well. It was well stocked with all the kitchen items you might need. You will need to do your own food shopping but that is close and there are many choices. The yard is a very special place for everyone to enjoy, tons of room for the kids to roam. Boogie boards, sand chairs, kids beach toys, BBQ, Beach towels these are all included and in good shape. We enjoyed a lovely meal on the front covered patio as it was raining one night. It was super fun. Kapola was very professional and easy to work with. She saw we needed lighting in the living area and provided that for us. What more can I say.....this is Paradise!!!
Nancy S., Redmond, OR, 2.5.16
- Very nice rental and had a great experience. Owners very friendly and helpful during the stay.
Bradley B., Dayton, OR, 2.2.16
- Kepola (and her husband) were very attentive to our needs and made sure our visit to Lanikai was wonderful. The house is right on the water, and we were able to swim right out back when it wasn't high tide. There are rocks in the water but we wore "water shoes" and they worked fine. The house is not updated but is a good house for the beach area because you don't have to worry as much about being in wet bathing suits or dragging some sand into the house. It had all we needed for supplies in the kitchen and beach toys and towels. The pool is also a really nice amenity, although we swam in the ocean more of the time. We cooked in most nights and enjoyed the expansive view of the ocean. Kepola's husband even provided kayaks for us, right to the door (for an additional fee). Access to the beach is a few houses down the road, but very easy to get to. We even had my 92 year old mother-in-law with us and she uses a walker and got around the house just fine. One bedroom and bathroom have separate entrances from the main part of the house, but our son stayed in that room. We would definitely rent the house again, and it rained almost everyday while we were there!
Anne L., Centennial, CO, 1.31.16
- Our choice was governed by geography in the we needed a place in Kaneohe or Kailua. A burned out light in a key location was addressed within minutes. The mattress could be replaced and that would be very helpful to comfort. If one needs a place to stay in Kaneohe, I would recommend this place.
Charles R., West Linn, OR, 1.30.16
- I rented Kaapuni Kainani for my family's visit this past week specifically because of the large lanai, giant yard, quiet/kid-friendly street and proximity to beach access. I cannot tell you enough how OBSESSED my family was with the home! Literally everything about it was just perfect! The kids (an 8 and 4-year-old and two 2-year-olds) were able to run and play and explore to their hearts content. If they wanted to hop over to the beach for a little while, it wasn't a huge mission (like it usually is with 4 kids!). Not to mention that the house had all the amenities of home, and more! Will DEFINITELY be staying here again!
Dana W., Kailua, HI, 1.19.16
- The property was perfect for our family! The fences around the pool and sea wall made it safe for the young one, and Shane the property manager was so friendly and helpful. Bronson the agent helped us find this wonderful property, and we didn't want to leave! The sounds of the waves, swimming at Lanakai and Kailua beach, mountain and ocean views...perfect! The Moya family Bar Harbor , Maine
Frank M., Bar Harbor, ME, 1.16.16
- Loved the location! Sitting out and watching the waves and being able to see the Mokes and Flat Island is great. We could paddle out directly from the house to Flat Island. Traffic in Lanikai is getting bad, which makes leaving the house in late afternoon tricky. Recommend renting bicycles. Beach chairs/boogie boards/grill, etc. were great House had a lot of space. Property Manager was very attentive to any problem. We didn't have hot water in 2 showers and it was remedied within a day or 2. Kitchen could use a little updating, dishwasher was functional, but just barely. Need to have recycling can inside house. Would love to see a guest notebook giving house helpful hints about garbage/recycling/plumbing issues, etc. Also a place where guests can write their own experiences and recommendations. We will be back again! Thanks so much!
Carrie R., Greenwood Village, CO, 1.10.16
- Ko Olina penthouse 1404 is truly paradise. From the amazing amenities to the breathtaking views we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable week. This was our first time staying in Ko Olina and we know we found our new favorite home away from home. The community is wonderful, everything is within walking distance and the property offers so many options. From playing on the beach, to a family pool, to a quiet pool, everyone will find their perfect "space". The condo is lovely, the view is breathtaking, and it is just what we were looking for. We cannot wait to book our next visit with Ryan!
Kay M., 1.10.16
- Our family (7 adults) stayed for 8 nites at the lovely Kokokahi home. The location was perfect for visiting with our son who is stationed at the Marine Corps Base - just a few minutes to the beautiful Kailua Beach and town, and a great spot for heading to the North Shore, down to Honolulu and Waikaki or over to the east coast. The house was roomy, comfortable, clean, and had everything we needed! My only suggestion would be some brighter lighting in the living room - we enjoyed working on jigsaw puzzles (including some that were in the house) while chatting in the evenings but could have used better light! Otherwise, it was great location and home - thanks much!!
Deborah F., Pasadena, MD, 1.4.16
- Everything was as described, the house was spotless, the location was on a quiet cul de sac but only a short drive south to great beaches. House design was ideal for our family of 10 to spread out for quiet time at night but spend the day together in the common areas. One glitch on arrival (a circuit breaker had tripped for two of the air conditioning units) was literally fixed in minutes. Overall a 10 out of 10.
Neil H., Pittsford, NY, 1.4.16
- The location and the house are both amazing. Diane, the property manager, and her husband Tiger were especially helpful and lovely to work with. I would definitely recommend this rental to a friend.
Chloe F., Honolulu, HI, 1.4.16
- This is an exquisite house and land setting. The perimeter is very secure and you easily enter a relaxing and beautiful home and outdoor area. The living area is a wonderful mix of fine interior, outdoor covered patio, pool and the backyard area. The art is lovely and island appropriate. We spent most of our time inside the compound as the outside of Lani Kai is very busy... especially with President Obama in town!! Nevertheless, Lani Kai's magical beach is a few steps away across the street. We were glad NOT to be staying right on the beach. Would love to return to this restful and luxurious spot in the future.
Steve R., Seattle, WA, 1.4.16
- We stayed during Christmas and New Years. It was so sweet of them to put a tree up for us. A lot of nice Hawaiian touches throughout. Place was clean and well stocked. It was very roomy and can sleep a lot of people comfortably, although we only needed the 3 bedroom unit for 5 adults and one baby. I was surprised that the full-size kitchen didn't have an oven, but it did come with a microwave/convection oven combo and a large crock-pot which served us well as a replacement. Only drawback was, that the floor was dirty. It was swept clean, but the bottoms of our feet were black after walking on it for a little while. Would have been nice if it was mopped before we checked in. Other than that, I would definately recommend Makana's place and would rent it again. Great value!
Chris T., Bellevue, WA, 1.3.16
- "Beach Walk" was the most pleasant vacation rental we have ever had! The house was well kept and had everything we needed! We loved the proximity to the beach and park, we took a stroll down the beach nearly every morning! Our host Jackie was very accommodating and helpful. She told us about the Thursday night market which was fantastic. We were able to buy fresh veggies from local farmers! Loved that! The traffic did get a little heavy as it got closer to Christmas and I had some concerns it might be noisy at night but by 8pm all was quiet. It was a great house and we plan to stay there again in the future!
Shea S., Kerrville, TX, 12.30.15
- We had a wonderful time staying Aloha Nalo. Our family of 16 was sharing a Christmas holiday--12 comfortably stayed there and 4 stayed down the street. The house is perfect, clean and well furnished and furbished. There are exquisite views from the entire front of the house which were enjoyed by all. Diane was readily accessible if we were to need her but we didn't. I highly recommend. Judy McDonald
Judy M., 12.27.15
1 - 100 of 778
Oahu vacation reviews