- Hawaii vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 1621
Hawaii vacation reviews
- The location is first-rated and we love the access to the beach. However, the house is not air-conditioned so it is not ideal for the entire family. Some of us are fine with the breeze while some found it warm and humid. Also, I found that the bathroom starter kit is not enough for our 10-day stay so it is annoying for us to go out and buy additional toilet paper. Overall, it was a good stay.
Teresa Z., Westlake Village, CA, 6.19.19
- All the resort is located in a gated community. It is so nice and so clean, you cannot imagine how nice it is. More than pictures on Internet. It's really quiet and well situated. You need a car to go to the stores thought. I would recommend they rent bicycles but they are not. It is really near many golf courses. Everything is very expensive though because it is a tourist place. The kitchen is really well equipped and so clean, like the rest of the house. You have your own washer and dryer and they worked really well. The master bedroom is really big. You won't regret this gated community and specifically this unit 18G.
Francois L., Carignan, QC, 6.17.19
- The House was absolutely fantastic! Plenty of room for the 18 friends and family to hang. Kitchen was great, place was clean, perfect for our needs. Kepola and Kawika were very responsive and highly recommend using them for your getaway.
Scott M., Iowa Park, TX, 6.16.19
- Wonderful experience. Beautiful home with bright gorgeous vistas. Snorkeling right off the deck.. great location. Can't wait to stay again!
James K., Bakersfield, CA, 6.9.19
- Great views! Great beach! Great snorkeling! I liked that it was on two levels because the ocean view was seen from the living room and one of the three bedrooms! I would book here again!
Carla M., Coaldale, AB, 5.15.19
- A lovely and spacious condo that easily provided the space and bathrooms we four ladies needed to enjoy our vacation. The condo was very clean and provided most everything needed for our comfort. We did have an unfortunate problem with the MB toilet hose coming loose and we could not find the shut off valve. Happened at 610 am and we finally got the property manager to tell us to look in broom closet for shut off. Very unusual location and a system I had never seen before! 24 hours later, it was repaired and we had no further issues. We did enjoy our stay and would recommend this unit. It has a lovely pool steps from the door and you are only a half mile from Poipu Beach! Lots to see and do nearby.
Donna D., Buckeye, AZ, 5.14.19
- The location re: proximity to Moloa'a beach was lovely, and the reason we chose this rental. The cottage was very clean and the housekeeping person extremely helpful in terms of gong the extra mile.
- This is the 4th place we have tried on Moloa'a Bay, and, while the most expensive, was the least comfortable. (Eg-mattress in main bedroom beyond firm to lumpy and hard, no real sofa only sunken wicker furntiture indoor and not even a reclining lounger outdoor.) The kitchen missed certain items like a whick, cooking tray, etc.
- We had contact from at least 3 agents at ReMax once we booked, so I did not feel carried through the process by that office.
Zosime C., Oakland, CA, 5.12.19
- My family and I recently stayed at Hale Lanui for 10 days, and we had a wonderful experience! We had a family of six and had plenty of room in the 4 bedrooms. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have twin beds, one king bedroom, and one queen. The house does have a spiral staircase inside, but you can carry luggage to the top bedrooms by using the outside staircase to the upper deck, so it was no trouble to do it that way.
- Both upper and lower decks offered marvelous views of the ocean. The house is right beside Kalama Park, where the adorable little leaguers played ball on weekday afternoons (we were there in mid-April). When you're sitting on the lower deck, there is a walking/jogging path that goes right by the house, so you do get some park joggers and walkers going by during the day and evening. Tennis courts and basketball courts are a VERY short walk away (pretty much right next door), and my niece enjoyed shooting hoops in the evenings. The park does close at 10pm, so it was quiet at night and did not cause any issues with any disturbances while we were there.
- There is just a ton of stuff to do in Kihei, and lots of restaurant options and beach options nearby. The house is about a 30-40 min drive to Lahaina, entirely depending on time of day and traffic. It's a gorgeous drive, and we did it at least four times while we were there. One of our favorite things we did in Lahaina was take a glassblowing lesson at Moana Glass. If you do this, ask for Tyler. He was AWESOME. You can pick what you want to make, and then they teach you the basics of glassblowing and give you some hands-on instruction while you make your piece. It was fun, informative, and we got to take home some unique souvenirs that we made ourselves to remember our Maui trip!
- The house has everything you could possibly need as far as kitchen items and bedding, and did have a hair dryer available as well. We even found packing tape and a Sharpie in the kitchen drawer when we were trying to ship packages back home! So really...you should be all set with whatever you need. There are also several grocery stores very close by so you can buy any food or drinks that you may need.
- I can't say enough about the private pool in the backyard. Even though the house is close to the park, the way it's set up you would never know it when you're in the pool area. The landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it provides all the privacy you could want. The pool area also comes equipped with loads of fun things like noodles or balls that you can play with in the pool. There are two sets of large washers and dryers in a shed-type area outside that provide lots of room for washing towels or clothes. The hot tub is wonderful, and we divided our time between soothing hot tub jets and refreshing pool water. There are LOTS of beach towels provided at the house as well. Jessica is the property manager there and she was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. She lives right next door so she is readily available for anything you might need. We met the owners as well while there and they were wonderful. We also met Snickers the sweet neighborhood cat, who spent a lot of time with us outside lounging on the lower deck (maaaaybe because we fed her food and treats, but shhh. Don't tell anyone!). This house is about three blocks from the busy main road in Kihei, but the way it's positioned, you would never know it. I recommend this house to anyone who wants a fairly quiet house that's still close to a lot of Kihei action. I also want to thank Hawaiian Beach Rentals for all their help with the booking and payment. Thanks for a memorable, relaxing stay on Maui! I hope we will be able to return soon. :)
Lisa N., Roanoke, VA, 4.27.19
- Always a pleasure to stay at Kapa'a Sands. But we had problems with Unite #6 on arrival April 12: phone did not work; safe did not lock; TV remote did not work. Drawing attention to these problems brought quick, courteous, and effective response from Vacation Rental Agent. Other than these problems the unit was clean and well-supplied. However, needs now to supply a new corkscrew!
Kal H., Vancouver, BC, 4.20.19
- This was our second vacation at Endless Horizon....it was even better than before.
- My family absolutely loves this home!
Ellen T., Santa Clarita, CA, 4.8.19
- Excellent and prompt attention to issue with fridge temperature issues. We were one beach towel short for our group of 8, but had brought a few of our own. We did use sofa beds but as is the case with these the mattresses are poor quality, unavoidable.
- Great location and beach club is world class.
Ruth D., Calgary, AB, 4.8.19
- Though this is an older building we found it very clean and well maintained. The two lanais provided great cross ventilation and we did not require air conditioning at all. The location is great and the park across the street is never endingly ineresting with something going on most of the time and the pathway providing an easy excersize opportunity and a great sunset watching site! Watching the surfing and paddle boarding parade each morning made our day. The only downside was the traffic noise but it was a small price to pay for the view.
Julie O., Kamloops, BC, 3.30.19
- We loved everything about this vacation home. The house was spotless, bright, and airy. Our family of four was so comfortable and relaxed in the spacious rooms. The casual but stylish beach decor was much appreciated. We had almost all meals at the house for the duration of our stay because we enjoyed eating on the lanai by the pool so much. The location was ideal. We walked to watch the sunrise every morning at Kalama beach park and then walked along the beach to Kalapawai market for coffee, one of our favorite holiday traditions in Kailua. Our kids ages 11 and 13 loved boogie boarding. This was a perfect base for some day trips as well, including Kualoa ranch, the Polynesian Cultural Center, and Turtle bay. We also had an easy drive in to the Ala Moana shopping mall. This is our fifth time vacationing in Kailua and Endless Summer is the nicest house we have rented. We will want to return and will definitely recommend it to friends and family.
Gudrun A., VICTORIA, BC, 3.28.19
- Pu'u Pao #302 was simply beautiful and we were thrilled with the complete remodel vs the pictures that were on line! I have rented in the complex before and this was a first time in unit #302. I will rent this unit again for my visit in May if it's available!
- It was spotless! I have taken pictures and sent them to my sister's who also travel extensively....Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Marta S., San Clemente, CA, 3.7.19
- Feb 14 - 25 2019. We really liked the property location on the island and thank you for welcome gifts. Close to grocery stores and just about anything you want including beaches and all activity. Thank you to Tori and Misty for everything. Tori had brand new beach chairs for us, all other beach equipment and towels are also there and worked out great. BBQ, out door area, laundry big plus. The dark blinds were perfect for privacy, but would have been nice to pull them up every now and then for natural light. There was plenty of cookware, but not suitable for us. Everything we cooked got stuck to the pans and had to boil water and let them soak to clean, so we bought a couple of nonstick pans at goodwill, which we used the rest of our stay and we left them to add to the cookware collection for others to freely use. There was a couple of plumbing issues, which I reported, so hopefully will be fixed, so it doesn't get worse. Be sure to bring bags for shopping or they are 15 cents each. We left some in utility area and they have a reusable bag, which was really nice, that we found after our first grocery trip. If you have any questions or needs, they are extremely nice and respond quickly. We would definately stay again and recommend it to anyone.
Gary L., Tacoma, WA, 2.28.19
- The beach and kitchen were nice. The bed was very uncomfortable. The unit was clean. I would not book this property again.
Craig R., Calgary, AB, 2.22.19
- Perfect Location and Excellent Accommodation
- Highly recommended. Friendly and helpful staff...special mention to Kim who showed us around when we checked in. Especially loved the stories about the celebs who live in Maui. Great tip about having drinks at Fleetwood's down the street. We were hoping Mick or Steven Tyler would show but no dice. But we saw Steven in Makawao riding his motorcycle and THAT was a treat! Only in Maui... Easy walk to the beach (2 mins max). Maybe 5 if you're carrying a paddle board over your head then you'll really appreciate the convenience of being so close. Brief stroll to get to town too. Really great location near the galleries and nice restaurants. Nice historic town with lots of charm but with Starbucks still closeby. Amber B., Seattle, WASHINGTON 12/2018
Guest H., 2.17.19
- A very special place in Maui!
- I was lucky enough to stay in the villa and it was A1. If you have a family and prefer to all stay together (and if you can afford it) this place is perfect. Great open layout and very spacious living area that extend to the backyard with another living/dining space where we had meals. We all loved the swing chair. The private bedroom was just as lovely. You have your own separate entrance although the room is still connected to the main house. It's large enough to be a studio. The service as you would expect is exceptional. Unlike some areas where a car is necessary, Lahaina's main attractions are super close that you can easily walk to town. M. Wright, Montreal, CANADA 11/2018
Guest A., 2.17.19
- We chose this home for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful time and give this villa our highest recommendation. For me, this was the best thing of our entire stay! We opted to base out of the westside for most of our stay and do day trips for maximum flexibility. Furnishings were rich and there was ample space for work and relaxation. We had the best time. This is a great rental. Service was exemplary. One gets a sense that they get a lot of VIPs staying with them, or they just treat their guests like one. We were made to feel very important. Maui is fantastic, everyone should go there. Everything that has been written about Hawaiian hospitality is all true.
Guest A., 2.17.19
- This is the place you need to be if you want beach and tourist attraction with plenty of relaxation. You get what you came to see and feel stress free after hours. We combined business with pleasure so my wife and I took the family along while attending a conference. Took care of the business part on the first half of the trip while my parents and kids explored Maui. Late afternoons we'd meet up at the beach then grab dinner in town. Very easy. We fired up the grill and cooked steaks when we stayed in for quiet evenings. Just movies, board games, or simply hanging out. When the conference ended we spent the rest of the week exploring farther out. Survived the drive to Hana but didn't get to see the sunrise in Haleakala. There was so much to do 10 days wasn't enough. I've been to Maui before but this was the first time it felt like a complete vacation with just the right amount of sightseeing and relaxation. The house was the perfect size and had everything we needed. Very clean and well thought out. Large rooms except for the kid's room which was just the right size. The extra tank of propane was nice to have when we ran out one evening. Guess we used the grill more than I thought. But the best part was the people and their genuine warmth and level of service from the moment we booked, to the day we arrived and left. We felt very well cared for. Opted for the midweek cleaning and the housekeeper showed up with ripe papayas from her backyard. Very nice. And the kids felt themselves very welcomed. The new sand toys were appreciated. Just one question remains: how soon can we return?
Guest E., 2.17.19
- The reason that this did not receive a five star rating was not due to the house, as it was a beautiful house that needs a severe cleaning and maintenance (replacing burned out light bulbs, and cleaning the light fixtures) with a fantastic location! It was the customer service starting with the fact that we were sent the wrong check-in information, we were sent the information for a condo that we rented two years ago and we received this information the day that we flew out. The subject information in the email was correct, but the address was incorrect and probably our fault that we didn't totally read the email, just printed it and out the door we went. Thankfully we decided around 1:30 PM Kauai time to do a drive by the address that was sent to us before we could check-in, that was when we discovered everything was screwed up. We got a hold of the person that sent us the wrong information and requested that she please give us the correct information and that we were having problems with receiving our emails and we had requested several time to PLEASE phone us DO NOT email. She finally did give us the correct address, but no code for the lock box. She said that she had to pull up that information and would return our phone call shortly. We had lunch and didn't hear back from her and this was 3:00 PM. We tried several times to phone her directly and discovered that we were phoning a Memphis, TN number, no wonder she didn't answer, she had gone home for the day! We phone the main number again and talked to someone else and thankfully she was very helpful and got in touch with the manager and told him of our situation. I had asked her to have him phone us and give us the code, please DO NOT send an email. Finally by 5:00 PM he phoned and gave us an apology and a lock box code number. We would love to book this rental again and it has been the best place that we have stayed in on Kauai for the location to the beach, shopping centers and dining.
Mari M., 12.6.18
- We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and chose this rental so we could fall asleep to the sound of the waves. We did! While we found the living area furniture not very comfy, this was the only negative. We used the concierge service to book dinner reservations and excursions for us. They were quick to respond and the recommendations we received were appreciated. We would return as we love Moloa'a Bay because of the quiet and tranquility there.
Paul G., Vacavo;;e, CA, 11.27.18
- Overall the quality of the condo is good, with the furniture being very nice. We were disappointed in that the garbage disposal did not work, the 2nd bedroom TV seemed to be only capable of playing DVD's, there was not a TV in the master bedroom and the water heater was only capable of providing water just warm enough to shower when the tap turned to full hot. We called the rental company for assistance, only to receive an answering machine, even though during business hours, left a voice mail and did not receive a return call. Overall satisfaction due to the above conditions would be a 6 of 10. The view from the condo was great and you don't go to Hawaii to watch TV but it would be nice to have hot water and a working garbage disposal. I also change out three burned out light bulbs, thank goodness there were spares in the cupboard. Day to day maintenance needs improvement.
John M., HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, 11.21.18
- Home is in a great location, a 2-3 minute walk from a beautiful sandy beach, not much people traffic on the beach making it quite private. The house needed a bit of upkeep, insecure windows upstairs, broken kitchen sink plug, small fixes that would have made a difference. Pest control sent out but a bit too late for our liking, knowing that the owner was there the week before and hadn't arranged it beforehand. Kitchen well stocked with cooking and eating dinnerware, glasses, pots, blender, etc. Kids loved the pool and pool toys plentiful.
Joyce P., Spruce Grove, AB, 11.17.18
- It was great we loved it! The rental was clean, the sounds of the waves was amazing and snorkeling beach 2 minute walk! We would definitely stay again and recommend it.
Lauren L., 10.22.18
Lauren H., Ballwin, MO, 10.22.18
- After waiting 10 months to enjoy this rental we were very disappointed. A lot of my comments have to do with our personal preferences so naturally what didn't work for us might be just fine for someone else. We were not expecting the intense heat in this house. The fans were not operational and it took two days for the management company to get someone to the house to fix the overhead fan in the master bedroom. It really did no good as it was now suck in Typhoon Mode and all it did was blow very hot air. We went out and purchased batteries for all the remotes which don't work and there are no wall controls. Even with windows, blinds and doors closed during the day, the home has a western face so you get blasted with the afternoon sun. We had 5 floor fans going at all times to try to circulate air but it really was worthless. Outdoors in the morning were wonderful as the views are spectacular. Evenings, we couldn't sit outside because of the mosquitos. The master bedroom has a siding door and window and we just left all the sliding doors open at night to try to cool the house. My son-in-law was very concerned for safety but we found the neighborhood quiet and very safe and very enjoyable. The second bedroom has very little circulation and the 3rd bedroom, you really bake as the window doesn't open and is nothing but a huge glass plate in which to heat up the room. We were all miserable. The home says one level but it's not. Each room has a step down or step up. Coming in from the garage there are two steps and a great way to lose groceries. There is a ramp from the entry door down to the dining level and then you step down into the living area. This was extremely hazardous with a 13 month old. Grandma here took a nosedive as I forgot about the step down from the bathroom into the master bedroom late one night in the dark. Oh, and the bathroom doesn't have a door so if you like privacy, forget this house. My husband rigged a shower rod and curtain through the door frame. We ended up moving over to the Plantation Condominiums and shared a two bedroom for the duration of our stay and enjoyed it very much. We were told we could use the pool at the Makai Golf Course for a fee. For 150.00 per person, not 15.00 per day which is what I was quoted when I made the reservation. We actually would have paid it but they don't allow children under 18. Another item we weren't told about. This home is managed by Remax Kauai and they were very good with their communications and when a home opened we were allowed to move to an A/C condo and even though it was smaller, worked well for us. We now had a pool for the grandbaby and family. This home was very well equipped, great appliances, housewares, lots of spices which was a pleasant surprise, lots of beach toys, beach towels, beach chairs as we used all of these items every day when we went over to Anini Beach to get out of the heat. It was very clean upon our arrival and were very happy with the amount of good quality towels. They even had bikes to use but the tires were flat and no pump. The house is lovely, it just didn't work for a family with a baby as everything is tile and too many steps to watch out for all of us. I would suggest this for a family with older kids, not babies and naturally heat is subjective but we were all miserable.
Cyndi B., Grass valley, CA, 10.13.18
- Aloha We enjoyed Koa Lagoon condo 606 very much So peaceful, private, clean, nice walking beach, , views, beautiful sunsets and sunrises The lanai was do spacious and comfortable that we had breakfast and dinner on the lanai daily. Julie Waters was very good to work with, very responsive and friendly. I would definitely rent again and recommend. It was exactly what we were looking for. Only 2 things to look into: the water filter dispenser on the refrigerator works, but it floods underneath, (cleaned up and didn't use it) and the dishwasher was so creaky, it sounded like it would fall apart. Minor things, but thought you would want to know. Mahalo
Carol W., Palm Desert, CA, 9.26.18
- I was not pleased with the 1 Bed room condo I rented. It was booked well in advance (almost 4-6 weeks ago) and when we arrive found many issues. Condo was not cleaned prior to arrival, Bathroom towels were dirty, smelly and were not washed, Cooking oven was not working, Bathroom drain was clooged sevierly, Lanai (balcony had lot of thrash and was dirty, Bathroom supply and laundry detergent was not supplied, Ceiling fans were not working, very in efficient. As soon as we entered the condo on Tuesday 9/18, this was notified to Lisa (Condo manager) and to the person (Chance Byrd) through whom we book this condo. But unfortunately, Lisa was out of State and Chance through whom we booked this condo was also not in Hawaii. But finally, on Thursday another maintennace person (Issabell) came to our rescue and provided us new portable baking oven, Toaster oven, and very small portable fan (6 inches). She brought us some Laundry detergent, Hand wash soap bottle and arrange for the Plumber to open the bathroom drain. He spent half an hour to remove tons of hair in the drain that was causing drain clogg. Issabella vaccume the whole condo, clean the Lanai (balcony) and made more livable. Almost two days we had to suffer. As Chance mentioned, we should get refund for the first two days that we had to put up with. I could not believe that we booked this condo well in advance and still it was a mess, no body has taken time to inspect this unit prior to our arrival. Issabella told us that this cfondo unit was not rented for a while and had lot of issue. I must thank Issabell for her outstanding support. But I am looking for first two days of refund for putting us through this trouble. This was my 38th Wedding anniversarry and my wife was very disappointed. Please call me at (301) 943-8848 on my cell or (301) 342-1187 (office) if you have to communicate to me. Also, your maintenace person (Issabella ) is the proof to confirm all the issue I addressed with her. She lives in same building Unit 404 I believe, who came to our help on Thursday Sept 20.
Rajesh D., Gaithersburg, MD, 9.24.18
- Location! Location! Location! Short walk to a lovely beach and lots of amenities for beach fun. Liked being outside of Honolulu. Cozy cottage for two, but would be small for more. Very clean.
Nina T., Invergrove Heights, MN, 9.13.18
- The overall quality of the estate was amazing and the customer service was excellent. The house was clean and very beautiful. It was actually much nicer than the photos posted and we held a small wedding of 30 in the estate and it was the most beautiful wedding. We are planning a trip there again in the future and othe family members that have visited Ohau numerous times had such a great experience that they would like to visit this exact estate on their next visit.
Jane Y., 9.5.18
- The home in Moloa's Bay was amazing. The view and location was spectacular. The home was very nice inside, the kitchen was beautiful and well stocked. There are several fans and most of the time we did not need the AC. Wonderful breeze and sounds from the ocean. Great snorkeling right at the beach. We did not want to leave. We would 100% recommend a stay here and we look forward to coming back.
Beverly B., Laguna Beach, CA, 8.19.18
- The cottage was convenient to the beach. The road was dirt. Many large ruts, due to the rain. The fans were adequate. I think that due to all the heavy rains, the humidity was heavy. The chirping geckos were great fun to listen to while watching tv. It's an older cottage, but cute Hawaiian decor. Well stocked with supplies. I would recommend it.
Susan N., Camarillo, CA, 8.6.18
- Gardenia was absolutely amazing. Beautiful unit in top condition. Excellent service. Dawn was outstanding, perfect Customer service and a joy to work with. We would definitely rent this unit in the future.
David S., 7.30.18
- The home was very nice and customer service was great. The house was clean we were very satisfied with the home. I would book it again and it was great for the whole family. It was close to the beach and stores had a nice gas grill for barbq's. The only negative thing was that the hot tub didn't heat up. It was a great location with plenty of things to do.
Frank B., El Dorado Hills, CA, 7.30.18
- We loved Mango Surf Beach front villa- excellent location, wonderful experience. Booking was easy. Very clean. We enjoyed it very much. We would recommend. Points for improvement:
- It was frustrating not knowing until we were leaving the airport to drive there if we were going to be able to check in early or not. Also confusing- when I booked I was sent an email about concierge services and a contact, who I booked 3 trips through. When I spoke with Jane about our contact for check in she said that I should have used someone else? Also simple questions like what type of coffeemaker/coffee is needed couldn't be answered until landing. The dishwasher needs to be attached to the cabinet- it tips out when opened.
Angela T., Salem, OR, 7.30.18
- Absolutely loved the home and the setting!! We had a couple of small children who loved to run on the spacious backyard on the way to the beach. There was plenty of room for each of the 5 small groups in our family to have their own space and retreat as needed. The bedroom and bath on bottom floor were perfect for the safety of the family with the 15 month old. 4 bedrooms upstairs with tradewinds all night-heaven!! We got up to sunrise and ocean swim every morning. Close to all town amenities in Kailua and a gorgeous drive through rain forest to night out for dinner and slack key guitar concert in Honolulu!! Could have stayed another 10 days....thank you!
Claudia S., Citrus Heights, CA, 7.29.18
- This home was one of the best places I've stayed at. I came here with my boyfriend and his 2 kids. The homeowner greeted us at the house to go over all that we could possibly need. She also gave us some recommendations while on the island. It was very clean and had everything we needed. All we had to do was pack our clothes. It had clean linens, full kitchen, washer and dryer, a chest full of games. It had everything we needed for the beach that was only steps away from the driveway. Beach towels, sunblock, chairs, umbrella, a cooler and even sand toys for the kids. We had 2 little glitches with the air conditioner and water but The homeowner was on call for us and fixed the issues with a phone call. Our concierge contact was very helpful with some sites we wanted to visit. I will recommend this home to whoever I know planning a visit to Oahu. I would love to rent it again if I get back for a visit myself. All in all, this home made our visit the vacation of a lifetime between location and amenities. The best part is it was like having everything you need at home but don't have the room to pack nor want to buy when you get there! The homeowner also called us upon checkout to make sure we enjoyed our stay.
- Thank you Jackie for thinking of every possible detail to make your place extremely enjoyable !!
Rochelle S., N Olmsted, OH, 7.28.18
- This is a gorgeous house in a nice neighborhood with a stunning location. The owner and manager were polite, attentive and respectful of our time. The house is on shared property but is completely private. We didn't have any issue with it being shared. It was clean, organized and convenient. We woke up every morning to a gorgeous sunrise, swam in the pool and sat out in the hot tub Thank you for a dream vacation!
Carolyn R., Franklin, NJ, 7.4.18
- 113 Whalers Cove is a modest, bottom floor unit in the middle of the second building. The unit was clean and stocked as advertised when we arrived. The furnishings are varied with some being relatively current and others being dated. The kitchen was average - nothing fancy - but functional. We had a couple of hiccups during our stay and the maintenance company was very polite and sympathetic but not very effective. (Most notably, the TV in the master bedroom worked intermittently. The maintenance gentleman visited to repair it (and other items) twice during our visit but it continued to malfunction. The day before we left they finally chose to replace it. They should have done that after the first repair didn't work rather than waiting until the end of our rental time.) The biggest problem I have with unit 113 is the lack of air conditioning & location. The back part is on the ground floor and opens onto the beautiful lawn but the front (facing the parking lot) is mostly underground and only has small windows. There was little breeze that low and the unit was stifling in the middle of the day. The management company representative "strongly recommended" that we not sleep with any doors ajar to allow for a breeze at night due to safety concerns. On the third night we decided to throw caution to the wind and slept with the lanai doors open and screen door closed, pulling chairs in front to block any intruders from walking into the unit. We survived the night and that helped a bit as there was a small breeze all night. I would not rent this unit again for this reason alone. I would consider an upstairs Whalers Cove unit (with a better breeze and doors that could safely be left open) or another property with A/C. The owner of the unit really should consider installing A/C at least in the bedrooms given the lack of ventilation. The Whalers Cover property is super-nice. The grounds are well manicured with gorgeous flowers, the pool is very nice and the view of the ocean spectacular! (note - despite what anyone tells you there is NO beach access from the property; you can walk back thru another neighborhood to get to the nearest beach but there's no way it's a "5 minute walk" as I was told. It's better to drive to a nice beach.)
Keith R., Fayetteville, GA, 6.2.18
- Second time renting this and we love it and will return. My concern this trip was that we didn't get until after 3:30, the exhaust fan in the one bedroom didn't work we would love to see corrected. We will definitely be back to stay again. It is an alsolutly beautiful house and beautiful house.
Mindy B., Valencia, CA, 5.25.18
- very happy with our accommodations, great condo, great view, great weather, excellent location
Philip F., Destin, FL, 5.20.18
- The customer service we received was excellent - everything went smoothly from initial reservation to payment to instructions about the unit, to a follow up thank you message upon leaving. We would use this company again and recommend to others. The unit itself had a great view and the photos accurately portrayed the condition with just a couple of exceptions: The bathroom was very small but we appreciated the tiled shower stall with detachable shower head and good water pressure. The washer/dryer worked fine, but there was duct tape - holding it together? Not sure, since it worked fine. The dishes and glassware appeared cloudy but they were clean, so maybe it's the water or age. The view was wonderful - we enjoyed hearing the sound of the ocean during dinner and breakfast. Wifi worked well too. The location was excellent to serve as our home base for the Polynesian Cultural Center, Tropical Farms Macadamia Nut Farm, Kualoa Ranch etc. etc. Giovanni's shrimp truck just 6-7 mi up the road was wonderful for dinners. Overall, a very good experience.
Bonnie B., Hershey, PA, 5.9.18
Katherine B., 5.7.18
- This is the perfect place to stay!
Paul C., Hesperia, CA, 5.6.18
- Our group of 8 felt totally comfortable and at home at Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure. It was the perfect location to walk 2 blocks into town for shopping and eating out. The other direction was baby beach. Just beautiful! The ocean there was shallow and without large waves. It made Kayaking and snorkeling easy and enjoyable. The home was fully stocked with kitchen supplies, towels, bedding and so much more! Bikes, kayaks, boogie boards, BBQ, and lawn chairs. I would definitely stay here again. The home, location and accommodations were perfect for our group. We truly enjoyed our selves!
Tami J., Anthem, AZ, 5.2.18
- This is the cutest little cabin, just yards from a beautiful beach, that we practically had to ourselves. This isn't a resort were everything is perfect, but it is an authentic Hawaiian experience. You'll get to meet lots of locals, eat their food, see the real Hawaii. Its close to many great hikes, and wonderful places to eat, and some unbelievable snorkeling. Hawaii is incredibly crowded, with bumper to bumper traffic, but this little pocket of the island feels like you have it all to yourself. Go eat at Ono's and the ice cream next door at Keneke's is to die for! We will stay here again! - Ross & Shelley.
Shelly L T., Hartsburg, IL, 4.24.18
- The overall quality of the "Hale Ohana - 5BR Home Poipu." This is a beautiful home in a very unique and special location. The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Good customer service. The condition and cleanliness of the rental. House was very clean when we arrived. Your overall satisfaction with your rental. We were very satisfied with the rental. What would make this an outstanding rental is better kitchen equipment. The knives are terrible, there aren't any real skillets, and no baking sheets. Cooking at the house wasn't enjoyable because of the quality of the equipment. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Yes and yes. What was the best part of your trip? As far as the house is concerned, the location is truly special. Anything else you would like to share with others. I recommend providing bins to help with recycling. It would be easier to recycle if there were bins for glass, metal, paper, etc (and of course, renter still brings to recycling center).
Karla R., San Francisco, CA, 4.18.18
- Magnificent Home - we stayed in the Hale Ma'ana Hou for 12 days. The oceanfront view of this home is spectacular. This is an older home but has been very well maintained. We would definitely book this rental home again and recommend it to our family and friends.
Kari D., Coolin, ID, 4.9.18
- The main house is exceptional - fantastic waterfront with very nicely appointed furniture, deck, kitchen and bedrooms. My mother advised me that the 2 bed bedroom had a little trouble getting a hot shower. The detached villa house is dated and in need of a renovation - flooring, and washroom. Otherwise it is very nice. Thanks for your rental and Hawaiian hospitality. Dean Slater
Dean S., Calgary, AB, 3.22.18
- The house was a perfect choice for our family. Plenty of room to spread out. It's well equipped in the kitchen and there are lots of games to play and also pool/beach toys, beach chairs and towels. We really appreciated the fitted life vest for our granddaughter. The beach is just a short walk and can be quickly accessed through a path just a few doors down from the house. The pool was a great place to relax and we all enjoyed playing 'soccer' in the yard. We walked into Kailua a couple of times and it was great to have a Whole Foods for grocery shopping. Definitely recommend the house for families and friends.
Nancy F., 3.16.18
- My family of 8 (2 adult couples, two teens, two tweens) chose this home for our 8 day stay on Kailua Beach. The home was outstanding in every way. It was clean, very well stocked and had a large variety of beach gear. The two large living areas allowed for separation if needed. It is directly on the beach at a location convenient to the state park and area stores. It has large front and back yards for outdoor play. It is NOT air conditioned but has ceiling fans in every room. Our local contact, Misty, was very responsive. When a plumbing problem developed, a plumber was there within 30 minutes. It has a gate on the drive which is a bit of a nuisance but does provide security. We would choose this house again for another stay!
Neil S., Fayetteville, AR, 3.12.18
- Awesome location! Booking agents very helpful but the local property management didn't see to coordinate well with the booking agents (locks changed prior to our arrival with no notice to us, notification of a plugged sink wasn't acknowledged though may have been fixed after a couple of days - again no notification). House itself was laid out well for our group of 11. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade but location, location, location. Everything within walking distance. Good for 4 stars.
Shaun C., TURRAMURRA, New South Wales, 2.17.18
- Overall quality very good Customer service excellent Excellent conditionand cleanliness Very satisfied Might rent again Best part of trip was seeing the whales We thought the pillows were not comfortable and the quality of the sheets was less than expected for the price. There were a lot of rules that we thought were not very sensible or reasonable but the amenties were excellent so overall no complaints.
Kathryn S., Palmeston North, New Zealand, 2.10.18
- Rented Tropical Breeze but was put in Monet. The bed was not very comfortable, kinda hard.. Cleanliness was good. We were there a few days and there was toilet tissue in upper cabinet above toilet, and one day cleaners were there for other unit and took all the toilet tissue and laundry soap for our unit. We had to go buy some. The refridgerator was very old and very loud even at night. Condo was great other than that. Close to beach and very nice quiet neighborhood. Probably wouldn't book again. Oahu is ok but prefer Maui or Kauai.
Howard P., Anchorage, AK, 2.8.18
- H103 As far as the condo--it was perfect no major issues. Great views of the garden and pools as well as the ocean. The resort was maintained perfectly and the grounds were excellent. Convenient located in western side of Maui. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Things that might be address i feel are as follows: H103 needs to be remodeled in kitchen -- Did not like how A/C were connected with timers. But overall very nice unit. Would definitely use your resort again. All of Maui was great -- all were great. Things to share with others: Definitely the island to stay at. Quiet resort --
Troy G., Disputanta, VA, 1.23.18
- We really liked the hale Moana. There was only two of us so it was perfect size. It was clean. We would rent it again.
Terry L., Riverton, UT, 1.22.18
- Very good place to stay. View is great. All amenties are good and useful. Defintely recommend others. Only concern was the old lock that was hard to open.
Johnny M., Virginia Beach, VA, 1.21.18
- The beach walk was absolutely charming! The location could not have been any better! Every detail was carefully and lovingly provided by Jackie from check-in to departure. I just happened to be lucky enough to find you folks after another property owner in the area did not honor my reservation. I found this unit online and my fears were quickly put to rest after speaking with Chance, Karen (travel services), and then Jackie upon check-in. Thank you all so much for a wonderful vacation!
Leslie A H., La Crescenta, CA, 1.7.18
- The Waialua Retreat is a great home that met every need of our family of 7. Owners have supplied everything you need from kitchen supplies to beach gear. Home is in perfect location with a quiet beach area and minutes away from town and great restaurants. We stayed 8 days and cooked in a lot to enjoy the great ocean views throughout the day. We loved the house and can't wait to go back.
Larry C., Long Grove, IL, 1.5.18
- great location and excellent property. had everything we needed!!
Brook H., Portland, OR, 1.2.18
- The On the Beach Surf Sweet is delightful. Great place for two to enjoy the local feel of Hawaii. Includes all the beach toys you need, snorkel gear, boggy board, umbrella, cooler, and beach towels outdoor BBQ. Kitchen has all you need to prepare great meals. Immaculately clean when we arrived. Just a few short steps from your door to beautiful and uncrowded Waimanalo Beach. Lots of local things to see and do for the adventurous. We will be going back next year.
Bob J., Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 10.23.17
- Perfect location a short pleasant walk from Lahaina. The condo is at the corner of the building, so there are sunrise as well as sunset views. During the booking process we were helped by a professional and service minded booking agent. Full score!
Anders J., Stockholm, Sweden, 10.14.17
- We were happy in our stay at Makai A3. It was very clean and had everything we would need for our stay. The only things that need work on is the front door, freezer handle and the dryer. The front door wouldn't close or lock. The first night we were at the condo we had to prop a chair behind the front door so it wouldn't open up (it wouldn't lock either). Also, the handle for the freezer kept coming off. Both items we told the property manager about. He came out the 2nd day we were there to check on the door and he thought he'd fixed it but the last night we were there, we had trouble keeping the door closed. Also, the dryer wouldn't dry out clothes. We kept turning it on to dry the towels. We finally hung our towels outside on the deck to dry.
Debora R., 9.20.17
- We just returned from a week at the Hale Lanui house and we LOVED every minute of it. Great house, fantastic location, pool is amazing, room to spread out. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids ranging from 8 to 12 and we all had plenty of space. The two living spaces gave the kids plenty of place to play and the adults plenty of more quiet space. The yard was amazing, private and quiet. The pool gets great shade in the morning and late afternoon. The 2 washers and 2 dryers were great too! nice to come home with very little dirty clothing. There are plenty of towels and umbrellas provided. The kitchen is well stocked with everything that we needed. Go to the house before doing your shopping as they have lots of things already like oil and salt. Jessica, the property manager, was wonderful. We had questions about the alarm and the pool sweep and she took care of us immediately. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Maui. My only complaint.... time went by too fast.
Lyndsey E., San Jose, CA, 8.15.17
- Overall quality: Great !
- Level CS: excellent !
- Condition: perfect !
- Satisfaction: very !
- Recommendation: definitely recommend it
- Best part: Location !
- Worst part: flights and transfers on airports !
- We had an amzing time with the familie !
Hans K., Diepenheim, 8.6.17
- The trip was excellent! The Hale Napili home was everything we hoped for and exceeded our expectations. The owner was responsive to our needs and we used their concierge service to arrange a catamaran trip to Lanai. It was the favorite part of the trip. The "community" pool was very good and the local beach was excellent for snorkeling. We counted 26 turtles one day.
Frank L., Fruit Heights, UT, 7.31.17
- Property was clean, close to beaches and good food. View was spectacular. Owner very responsive to needs and very friendly. Would definately stay again.
Stan R., Memphis, TN, 7.31.17
- Wonderful home, completely and beautifully furnished. Even sandtoys for grandchildren, and beach chairs and umbrellas for others. Lanai our favorite place to relax and eat. The house is very close to beach access and Kailua town center. Highly recommend. Great service by rental agency.
Hope W., Raleigh, NC, 7.31.17
- Our family loved our time at Hale Nalu. It was perfect for our needs and matched what we saw on-line. The location is beautiful - we loved the sound of the waves and the trade winds blowing through the house. The proximity to Baby Beach was perfect - and it provided recreation for our nine-month old grandson as well as our adult children. The rental was spotless when we arrived. The kitchen was adequately equipped. We really appreciated the 4 beach chairs and other beach equipment. The location was great for getting to other activities on the island. We would love to stay another time. All of our kids have talked about missing the sound of the waves and the early mornings on the lanai.
Tim K., Cary, NC, 7.25.17
- Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was a wonderful experience for my family and I. The houses were well-kept and the view of Kane'ohe Bay was beautiful. The younger family members enjoyed feeding the fish in the pond and the older members enjoyed the peace and quiet of not being in an overcrowded resort hotel. Dishwashing would have been appreciated, but fortunately, we are all used to hand washing dishes. Jennifer Pham was a delight to speak to and very responsive to any calls we made to her. I would return in a heartbeat!
David K., 7.24.17
- Very clean and looked recently renovated. Very comfortable with the air conditioning.
Shirley B., San Clemente, CA, 7.23.17
- Two comments: The property was wonderful. Misty and service was friendly, responsive and professional Five stars for property Five stars for Misty
Edmund J., Portland, OR, 7.18.17
- The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need at beach home with amenities on your doorstep. Fantastic sunsets! One of the most beautiful beaches in the world is 15-20min walk along the beach, however the beach you are looking at from this apartment is nice too. Despite proximity to swimming pool apartment is quiet and you can listen to the sound of ocean waves. Definitely recommended.
Vlad C., Auckland, New Zealand, 7.18.17
- Been to Maui a few times along with other comparable destinations. Stayed in a number of resorts around the World and even got married in one. Forget all that, this is the place. Over 10 hours on a plane from across the country, trust me you won't miss it especially if, like us, you travel heavy! Then, you are there. Maui-- a stunning island. One of a Kind! The home was perfect the minute we set foot. Service, location, high-end but excellent rates, out of this World. You won't beat it - anywhere. We enjoyed all the activities just as much as the grand kids (teenagers) if not more. But on top was great food all over the island. The service was warm, caring and attentive. The caretaker called the next day to ask how we're settling. Special thanks go to Kim for her contribution but my agent, Mona, should be congratulated for finding us this place. Cynthia M. 6.17
Guest F., 7.15.17
- The area and the unit were great. I thought having white or beige carpet was stupid. When we booked this a year ago, the property was incorrect with the number of beds. It didn't matter to us, we had only 7 in our family, but was listed as having room with K, room with 2 queens, room with 2 singles, and 2 hide a beds. I brought this to your attn., and the listing was taken down, instead of being corrected, so we were never sure what the F we were getting.townhome has room with K, room with Q, and room with 2 singles, and 1 hide a bed. condition of rental was great. also towards the end of our trip, some neighbor called the homeowner, and told him he thought we were smoking on the patio, and they might charge us a $500.00 penalty. None of us smoke, mabey it was my 9 year old grandson, snuck out for one, irritating, scam. No I don't recommend this unit, and we left the freakin place almost and mabey as clean as it was on arrival. I won't book with you all again !!!
Ricki M., 4.28.17
- Although I've never been good at words, I will attempt to do so because this was such a slice of heaven to be in. With a beach right out your back door, to some of the most spectacular views of the North Shore, there was nothing lacking with this home away from home. The open floor plan with high ceilings complimented the airy feel and breezy atmosphere and truly lived up to it's name "Retreat". Quiet nights listening to the surf, and quiet nights in the neighborhood, a refreshing change from the everyday life in the city. Shopping, Shrimp Trucks, Sightseeing, all close by. Surf lessons and Shark adventures and fine dining too! As I've said...a true slice of heaven
Paul G., Sacramento, CA, 4.24.17
- The house was as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures. I think it was closer to the water than we thought which is awesome, even though too rocky to get in there it is a beautiful view and we loved it. 1st time in Hawaii and it was all and more than I expected
Robin J., Odessa, TX, 10.24.16
- Everything about this home was exceptional. We wanted for nothing. The location was perfect and the home beautiful. The home was clean and the booking agent, Tyler as well as the property manager, Yvonne went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would absolutely book this rental again and recommend it to a friend. One of the best parts of the trip was the private chef that came in to prepare dinner for the family one evening. He and his staff were extremely professional and the food fabulous. Every course was enjoyed and raved about! Please recommend him to guests in the future! We used Allain De Leon of 'Got Chef Maui'.
Annamarie P., Laguna Beach, CA, 10.19.16
- The place was amazing. The house was perfect. It was very clean and Diane was wonderful to deal with. The beach out front was nearly private. I would definitely stay here again.
Amy H., Appleton, WI, 10.19.16
- We had a very pleasant stay at the Regency and would gladly stay there again on a return visit. The accommodations were very comfortable and the location was very convenient. The children loved the pool. The setting was beautiful. Thanks
Mary E., Shelton, WA, 10.15.16
- Our stay was basically perfect. Hokulani is very well equipped, particularly the kitchen. The location is quite private and the views are really great. The check in and check out procedures are clear and overall the property is very easy to recommend!
Chris M., 10.14.16
- We had an amazing trip to Hawaii and the house was just perfect! The house was well maintained and clean. The pool was amazing and we spent time in it daily. The location was ideal, only two blocks from the beach. I highly recommend this house and we will definitely rent it again on our next trip to Kailua!
Elena G., Birmingham, MI, 10.10.16
- A great time had by all. The house is gorgeous and well appointed. Family and friends enjoyed themselves.
Iwalani S., San Marcos, CA, 9.28.16
- Everything was fantastic!!
Emmanuelle P., 9.26.16
- Location, location, location! This cottage is in a fabulous location and is very clean and well maintained. Everything is in very good condition, and the linens and towels were high quality. There was plenty of closet space, ample parking, easy beach access, and good air conditioning in the bedrooms. The only negatives were that for the price paid to rent this home, I would hope they wouldn't mind renters running the air conditioning as much as they wish; however, there are signs asking renters to shut off air conditioning if they go out (leaving the home stiflingly hot upon return from dinner or the market) and keeping their air conditioning no cooler than 72. Further, the washing machine is old and runs very short cycles, and leaves sand in the drum if there's even the slightest trace of sand on bathing suits or beach towels. There is also no drain stopper in the tub, making it impossible to bathe small children. Also, the wifi was very weak and couldn't even be detected on our devices until day 3. Finally, the hot water ran out quickly and took a very long time to heat up again. I recognize these are small things, but these are what I would recommend fixing/addressing to make this a flawless rental!
Jill W., Cary, NC, 9.12.16
- The condo was clean and in good condition, and we had a fantastic time in Kailua!
Mark C., Dublin, OH, 8.20.16
- Everything was perfect from the time I booked (9 months ago) to our departure. The house was immaculate and I received updates and clear check-in instructions. The property managers ensured everything was in order and ready for us. I will definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Thanks again!
Season R., Elko, NV, 8.19.16
- The Beachside Villa was a beautiful spacous house with many nice amenities. Jennie Gratz was very helpful in helping us find this place and make arrangements. The place was very clean and neat when we arrived. Kepola was very helpful with the arrival arranges for us and answered a few questions we had before arrival. Shawn was there when we arrived and showed us around the house. We only had one small problem with the pool remote and Shawn came right over and got it straightened out. We really enjoyed this house. Its so close to the beach, it came with beach chairs and other beach gear including towels. The kitchen is so nice and stocked with some basics including lots of spices. The house had lots of spaces to gather and its was perfect for our extended family. We would definitely rent this place again and recommend it to friends.
George I., Plainsboro, NJ, 8.15.16
- We used the entire Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate for a wedding gathering. It was perfect for this event. The large, medium and studios house worked very well for the group. The houses were well designed and beautifully decorated. It was nice to be away from Honolulu and Waikiki. The houses were clean. The fish pond was amazing - imagine feeding a pond full of fish. It was incredible. Highly recommend this as a place to stay away from the madding crowd. Con - It is in a residential area so people do need be quiet after 10 pm. Also, if someone wants maid service daily, they will need to organize that separately.
Susan G., West Redding, CT, 8.13.16
- Our stay at Nani's cottage was wonderful. The house was spotless, air conditioned and supplied with everything we needed in the kitchen, as well as linens, towels and beach gear. The beach access was one house over and very convenient. There was a spectacular view of the sunrise from the upstairs bedroom! Misty arranged for us to check in smoothly and was a pleasure to work with. A dining table and chairs out on the deck would have provided a place for meals for the three of us as the house has only a counter with two stools. I would highly recommend this rental for anyone who wants to enjoy the beach at Kailua away from the crowds.
Joanne S., Centereach, NY, 8.12.16
- This vacation home was perfect for our family of 12....3 young families that included 4 children and 2 grandparents. The 4 ocean view bedrooms upstairs were perfect to split families up, the room with twin beds facing the mountain view was perfect for 2 children and the master suite was spacious and quiet when the rest of the house was full of noise. The master has views of both the ocean and the mountains, a sitting room, large walk-in closet and plenty of room in the bedroom area. It could easily be used for parents who want to have small children nearby in a pack n play or using a blowup mattress. There is also one bedroom/bathroom downstairs that worked well for us for the family with a toddler who was worried about the stairs. The home was clean and the layout was perfect for our large family. The location is wonderful, being close to Kailua Beach Park, downtown Kailua, grocery shopping and numerous restaurants. The beach is right past the yard, but the hedges around the yard provide for privacy and the ability to keep an eye on small children. The views cannot be beat. Kailua Town can be reaching by walking, biking or driving and Honolulu is only 30 minutes away. Misty at Hawaiian Hideaways (rental agent) was very helpful and responsive. By unanimous opinion, we all decided the house was perfect, as was the location, and we would definitely want to stay there again on our next visit to Oahu.
Karen D., Mesa, AZ, 8.8.16
- Serenity Cottage was a hit with our small family. We are originally from Kailua so it was a perfect location on the beach for visiting with our local ohana. Love having the barbecue grill to cook out and the cottage was very clean. So sad to leave and ready to return next vacation time. Aloha and thank you.
Julianca M., Villa Rica, GA, 8.7.16
- The place was clean and spacious the rain head shower was the best.
Theresa V., Merrillville, IN, 8.6.16
- Beautiful home in a perfect location. Wish the trip didn't have to end! We made lovely memories , and welcomed a new daughter in law into the family while staying there! We will definately be back and hopefully someday with grandbabies.
Michelle T., Sahurita, AZ, 7.31.16
- As we were on the East Coast, trying to research and get information for houses in Hawaii was a bit stressful due to time zones and limited number of homes. Our agent(s) helped us immensely as most sites and homes information(booking dates, costs, etc) is not kept up to date so relying on the agents on the phone was critical. The home was more than we expected and just what we wanted as it was in a great location with fantastic views and basically on a private beach. The home was beautiful yet very renter friendly as it was nicely decorated and had everything we needed for eating/cooking in which we did every night. The condition was good as its a rental and most things worked perfectly or as expected but was a bit outdated in some spots but nothing that would keep us from renting again. It was clean when we arrived except that the garbage was overflowing from the previous renters and based on the garbage schedule, we would have had to wait an entire week for it to be emptied. I called the rental manager and she sent someone over right away as well as replaced the grill gas container as it was empty when we checked in. Over all no big issues and if we had them they were handled very quickly. We would of course rent this exact property again and will recommend to any and all friends etc.,etc. as it was a great property and all it was advertised to be on the websites. The best part of the trip was the house, the location, the beach and to cap it off we had the fireworks barge right in front of the house/beach the evening of the 4th of July. One thing I wish would have happened and recommend for anyone renting a property such as this would be to have someone from the rental agency, or property manager to meet at the time of check in at the home to make sure everything is in order. This in our case would have saved some time and back and forth between us and the manager. Thank you all again for a great experience and we hope to come back soon.
Jeffrey B., Holly Springs, NC, 7.26.16
- Lanikai Beach Bungalow is one of the best places I have stayed on the island. Customer service was outstanding. Great location to walk to town and beaches or to get away from it all. The best part of this trip was the morning swim and then coffee with my friends, tue honu, and the Mokes. I will definitely rent with Aloha Beachfront rentals again.
Shana B., Richmond, CA, 7.26.16
- The view is incredible I rate that a 5+, When we arrived my instructions said the house would be open it was not and I couldn't get the property mgr to call me back and He DID NOT call me back or show up to help we broke in the house and called the reservation office and let them know what was going on and they tried to call the property mgr also with no results But the rest of the house is dated, smells of mildew , The towels smelt of mildew so bad we could barely stand to use them We bought some bleach and wiped the counters down and bleached the sink drains because they smelt awful. The house has ants we lost some food because of the ants. And roaches oh my they were everywhere running around on the ceiling at night.My kids where freaking out affraid they were going to get on them while they slept And the washer was leaking , the screen doors were torn and some of them did not close correctly. The house needs major maintenance and I would suggest white towels so they can be bleached. There is NOOO A/C and the fans are weak and slow. I did not complain about this to anyone but the house keeper at the end of my stay because I did not want to have to smell bug spray. Again the view and location are awesome I would not book this home again, for the price we paid it should not have had all these issues.
Mark A J., Millington, TN, 7.25.16
- We very much enjoyed the Beach Walk...and it is indeed a very short walk to the beach! We wish the house was off the very busy street, but this is just a small complaint. We would highly recommend it to others. Owner was very cordule even when we lost one of the boogie boards...it walked away somehow. Kailua is much better than the Waikiki side of the island.
James M., Moraga, CA, 7.22.16
- We had wonderful time. The house was a great accommodation for our large blended family. Plenty of room for all and all amenities we needed were provided. The onsite caretaker was nice, prompt to respond to requests or concerns and helpful. We would both, book this rental again and refer to friends.
Martha R., Gilbert, AZ, 7.21.16
1 - 100 of 1621
Hawaii vacation reviews