- hawaii vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 1305
Hawaii vacation reviews
- My only complaint was the extremely limited pantry options. Not even coffee filters for the coffee maker. No pepper. Those seem like basic items that should be included. And the lightbulb on the lanai was blinking or not working at all. Everything else was fantastic! Very comfortable.
Stephanie K., Olympia, WA, 2.20.20
- Beautiful house, customer service was awesome! Very clean facility. Very satisfied and would definitely recommend. The view and walkway to cove was best part, beautiful sunrises.
Marvin W., LAFAYETTE, IN, 2.19.20
- Loved the house. Most luxerous and beautiful place . We enjoyed it so much. Theree were a few issues terrible bedroom lighting. Loose bathroom sink stopper in. One of the rooms floors got soaked in the rain. However the number of great things far out weighed these issues. Pool and lanai were amazing.
Renee M., TRENTON, MI, 2.19.20
- We were burglarized the first night we were there - WHILE WE WERE HOME! We never saw the intruders as we were in the front of the house cooking and eating dinner. My Deaf step-son slept in the room near where they enter. Just grateful they didn't go in his room. A neighbor came over and said other houses were hit and it's a big problem on the island. The houses the beach are more commonly burglarized. For the rest of the trip we had to keep all the door shut and locked, not exactly why we rented a house on the beach. The house is nice and our needs we're taken care of but there is no locked gates or good lighting outside to protect you (or cameras).
Adrienne P., San Francisco, CA, 1.14.20
- Candace with Hawaiian Beach Rentals was great. The check in information from Jessica was easy to follow. We had several issues on a daily basis during our stay starting with no hot water during shower on the first night, problems turning on/off shower in master bath every day, ants in the kitchen every day, cable Guide stopped working daily, ceiling fan in living room didn't work the first night and the ice maker didn't dispense ice for 3 days. Initially Michelle responded in a timely manner, but as the stay continued, response was slower. We asked for compensation for all of these issues and Michelle said she couldn't address that so we asked for the person who could to call us but we had difficulties getting a response from that person. We would not rebook or recommend this rental, but would possibly rebook with Hawaiian Beach Rental. I have rented through Hawaiian Beach Rentals a few times, frequently rented through Airbnb and VRBO and never had issues with the rentals, this was the first negative experience.
Lee O., Shawnee, KS, 1.4.20
- House was great. Issue with pool from rainstorm was addressed quickly and the view from house deck was fantastic.
Edward P., Sherwood Park, AB, 1.4.20
- I'm almost afraid to recommend "Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure" for fear too many people will find out about it. My wife is disabled and finding a place right on the ocean in Lahaina where she could sit out back and watch the waves while the rest of us swam was a dream come true. It was a short walk down the street to Lahaina's Front street, close enough for her to walk with her walker. The property has every thing you could want, on the water and private. There is a main house connected by a covered walkway to a second studio unit with its own kitchen and bath. Plenty of bedrooms, bathrooms for all. The house was lovely, decorated with Hawaii memorabilia and the back yard had a hot tub, grill and plenty of outdoor seating to watch the ocean and sea turtles. Paul and Eddene the owners and caretakers live next door and are available when needed. The house is full of everything you could need, including a chest of beach shoes, lots of suntan lotions, cooking implements, condiments, and water sports accessories. It exceeded our expectations. Wish we could have stayed longer. We'd return in a minute.
David G., Santa Rosa, CA, 12.14.19
- I am very pleased with your organization. From the booking that was done a long time ago (in April) - Jason and Candace Miles, to Arrival Instructions (I believe from Jessica Williams), and to the Property Manager - Jamie Santini (I may have misspelled her last name) -- every one was superb, and provided us the info/service we needed. I'd like to particularly praise Jamie, who was truly Johnnie on the spot (or more appropriately, 'Jamie on the spot') to address various issues/questions that came up. She always responded via text, or a phone call, immediately. We discovered that the TV in the Master bedroom wasn't working - and she replaced it (personally brought it over and installed it) within a couple hours of the notification. We had an issue with the Refrigerator, and although I never was sure of what was the exact cause of the problem (faulty Freezer door? a misaligned Freezer door that needed a simple tweak?; or whatever) - she got it fixed (calling in repair guy) very quickly, and even brought over some ice to hold us over until it got it fixed. Although major kudos to Jamie (she is great - and I can't thank her enough) - I really need to provide extreme kudos for the house (or 'Waialua Retreat). It was incredible. The house itself was very clean, and well equipped (TVs in 3 different rooms, new appliances (albeit the Refrigerator had some mysterious problem for awhile)). It had a bunch of stuff that we didn't use -BBQ, hot-tub, but it was nice to know it was there. A very nice laundry room (not new washers and dryers - but they did the job and worked well) - that was loaded with all kinds of useful stuff: two bicycles (and helmets/locks), kayaks, and a ton of snorkeling gear (masks, goggles, flotation vests for uncertain/beginner swimmers) - which we made good use. And a private walk to the sandy beach (right through the gate in the backyard) that was within 20 feet of the gate). I don't think the beach is good for swimming (unless one is very skilled), although we did see one person snorkeling out there once, but it was sandy, and very pretty - excellent area to walk. I should say 'I don't believe it was good for swimming' - but to be fair -I never tried to swim on this beach. My understanding is that the North Shore is much rougher - particularly this time of the year - so I didn't try it. But I save my last comments for my favorite part -- the Lanai is superb. I just spent many hours sitting there, reading, and enjoying the incredible view of clouds, waves, the stars, and the ocean. Just ideal - and a very well done, and constructed Lanai (maybe one suggestion - trim the top of the trees next to the Lanai a wee bit more to enhance the view for people that aren't over 6 feet tall). One night/morning we even had a light show where the lightening (far off on the horizons) lit up the clouds with intermittent flashes. Just a wonder of enjoying God's nature. That's about it for my short summation. Excellent area - excellent property - excellent people on your team. I don't think your website really communicates how special the place is - although, to be fair - you pretty much have to see it to experience it. Words don't do it justice Thanks very much! - Al
Albert M., Sunnyvale, CA, 11.6.19
- The Stone House is absolutely amazing!!! This was our 2nd vacation to this home and there's not one thing to not love here! First of all, the location cannot be beat...sitting out on the lanai and watching turtles and dolphins never gets old. The house is spotless and has everything you could possibly need...beach chairs/toys, beach towels, everything you'd keep in your kitchen at home(besides food of course), several days worth of shower toiletries, even fresh flowers on your arrival! We loved being able to walk down to baby beach since it's practically right out the door. We have small children so this beach was perfect! We didn't need any assistance from the homeowners while we were there but there's no doubt that if we did, someone would have been there in a heartbeat. There's honestly nothing left out in this rental. Our family has fallen in love with Kauai and the Stone House and can't wait to visit again! Thank you!!!
Talia G., Spearfish, SD, 11.1.19
- The location and layout of the condo was perfect but it was filthy. We arrived to dead cockroaches on the floor and it looked like no one had cleaned for a year. Cockroach traps were on the kitchen and bathroom counters and dead cockroaches were in the cabinets. We had to wash the dishes before using them and the cupboards haven't been cleaned in a year. Our feet were black from walking on the floors that hadn't been washed, inches of dust were everywhere and the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. I was going to clean them but there wasn't any glass cleaner.
- The bathroom floor was disgusting and the hair ball in the shower indicated it hadn't been cleaned.
- We couldn't stand the filth but had to go buy a sponge because the one under the sink wasn't fit to clean a toilet. I tried to mop the floors, but the mop was so filthy that it just spread the dirt around. We washed the sheets before sleeping on them which was not a good way to start a vacation.
- Something gross was spilled on the bathroom door and the fridge door was covered with grime.
- Cockroaches ran out of the coffee pot, toaster and oven when we tried to use them. We planned on having meals at the condo but we didn't want to get sick.
- We understand that pests are common in Maui, but in our over 20 trips to paradise we've never seen anything like this.
- You need to get a refund from your cleaning person and hire someone who will do a thorough cleaning. You might want to check the condition of the unit before guests arrive.
- We love the Island Surf! We would not recommend this unit or book it again until it met minimal cleanliness standards.
- We have photos available of the conditions we faced if you are interested in addressing them with your cleaning crew.
Gary W., Seattle, WA, 10.17.19
- The layout of Hale Ainoni was perfect...each bedroom had it's own bathroom, AC units for each area and ceiling fans if preferred, large living room with plenty of seating. The BBQ came with a full tank of propane. The pool was a relaxing way to start and end the day after being at the beach. We were a party of five adults and an infant and everyone was happy with our stay. Nice to stay in quiet Kailua while only being 20 minutes from Honolulu. We would stay there again and recommend to others.
Priscilla W., SEATTLE, WA, 10.3.19
- LOVED the Condo! Exceptional location, Interior was outstanding, and with all the amenities it felt like home. We will return and most certainly recommend. That being said...the View was Breathtaking ! MAHALO !
Nune R., San Diego, CA, 10.2.19
- We stayed for a week and we were so happy with the place.
Thomas K., RUSSELL LEA, NSW, 9.30.19
- This Villa has all we could have wanted. We searched online so many places. This one is a gem. Out of the front door is a beautiful ocean view that just a few steps across the street is a gorgeous sunset every night. The rear patios offer a fantastic view of the beautiful colorful flowering trees and green mountains with multiple waterfalls. With two bed rooms and three bathrooms it is a dream. Super clean place, Kitchen is awesome. Close to two beaches Hideaways and Puu Poa Beach and Queen's Bath! I must plug Hideaways Pizza Pub for pizza which is an easy walk down the road. We would consider this again if we go to Kauai.
James W., Waukegan, IL, 8.14.19
- The house is literally just in front of the beautiful Kailua Beach. The house has an side door access to a toilet and shower, so you can always go back to the house when necessary while you are enjoying your day at the beach. It is clean and simply but beautifully decorated, and towels, kitchen and dining items are plentifully there for use. The floors are clean, and you can enjoy the Hawaii-style "barefoot" living with no concern. The backyard is with well maintained lawn, so you can just walk barefoot from the house to the beach through the yard. We also enjoyed workouts, playing catch and other activities as it is large enough. Body boards, some floats, and beach chairs are ready to use as well as a large barbecue grill. The point that may be improved is the house gets quite warmed up during the day, and there is only one room (a bedroom) with air-conditioning. There is no A/C in living room, so especially in the evening and at night you feel quite hot. Someone also commented, but some birds have nests in the bushes, and they make noise at night. Only at night. Quite noisy. If the key to the side door to the bathroom is provided, you would feel more comfortable and secure when enjoying the beach with your entire family.
Hidehiko Y., Hiroshima-shi, 34, 8.14.19
- Much of the furniture was worn, especially the outdoor furniture. Lounge chair was so worn that it broke through when sat upon. All video and audio equipment was removed and tv was poorly set up. Overall premises were acceptable. A lot of locked cabinets and garages. Beautiful view.
Chuck P., Lake Oswego, OR, 8.4.19
- We love the North Shore, and the accomodations ast Puamana 9C were perfect for our family. Great condition and amenities. We will be back.
Carrie B., Layton, UT, 7.26.19
- The unit #1122 was outstanding, maintained and managed properly and fit our family's needs perfectly. It is always a pleasure to visit a property that is above your expectations and this property was great! The booking process was flawless and we always had clear communications. We would highly recommend this property to anyone without any reservation at all.The best part of our trip was traveling with three lovely granddaughters excited to see the beauty of Hawaii for the first time. We love Kauai!
Gary A., Sarasota, FL, 7.3.19
- Everything superb! Clean, lovely, comfortable, fantastic ocean front. Ocean breeze coming in while sitting on the ocean front chaise lounges in the afternoons with aqua colored water and views was heavenly. Negative, but minor surprises for me was that the ocean entry from the property was not practical because of great amount of rocks and lack of sand. However, sand entry from public entrance was one house down and so just a few feet away. I had wished there would have been an air conditioner in main room on a couple occasions. Fans, bedroom air conditioners and opening walls (those under large front windows) really helped keep it cool, however. Low down oven door easily flops to floor and hit one person's foot.
Donna M., Walla Walla, WA, 7.3.19
- Wonderful experience. Beautiful home with bright gorgeous vistas. Snorkeling right off the deck.. great location. Can't wait to stay again!
James K., Bakersfield, CA, 6.9.19
- A lovely and spacious condo that easily provided the space and bathrooms we four ladies needed to enjoy our vacation. The condo was very clean and provided most everything needed for our comfort. We did have an unfortunate problem with the MB toilet hose coming loose and we could not find the shut off valve. Happened at 610 am and we finally got the property manager to tell us to look in broom closet for shut off. Very unusual location and a system I had never seen before! 24 hours later, it was repaired and we had no further issues. We did enjoy our stay and would recommend this unit. It has a lovely pool steps from the door and you are only a half mile from Poipu Beach! Lots to see and do nearby.
Donna D., Buckeye, AZ, 5.14.19
- The location re: proximity to Moloa'a beach was lovely, and the reason we chose this rental. The cottage was very clean and the housekeeping person extremely helpful in terms of gong the extra mile. This is the 4th place we have tried on Moloa'a Bay, and, while the most expensive, was the least comfortable. (Eg-mattress in main bedroom beyond firm to lumpy and hard, no real sofa only sunken wicker furntiture indoor and not even a reclining lounger outdoor.) The kitchen missed certain items like a whick, cooking tray, etc. We had contact from at least 3 agents at ReMax once we booked, so I did not feel carried through the process by that office.
Zosime C., Oakland, CA, 5.12.19
- My family and I recently stayed at Hale Lanui for 10 days, and we had a wonderful experience! We had a family of six and had plenty of room in the 4 bedrooms. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have twin beds, one king bedroom, and one queen. The house does have a spiral staircase inside, but you can carry luggage to the top bedrooms by using the outside staircase to the upper deck, so it was no trouble to do it that way.
- Both upper and lower decks offered marvelous views of the ocean. The house is right beside Kalama Park, where the adorable little leaguers played ball on weekday afternoons (we were there in mid-April). When you're sitting on the lower deck, there is a walking/jogging path that goes right by the house, so you do get some park joggers and walkers going by during the day and evening. Tennis courts and basketball courts are a VERY short walk away (pretty much right next door), and my niece enjoyed shooting hoops in the evenings. The park does close at 10pm, so it was quiet at night and did not cause any issues with any disturbances while we were there.
- There is just a ton of stuff to do in Kihei, and lots of restaurant options and beach options nearby. The house is about a 30-40 min drive to Lahaina, entirely depending on time of day and traffic. It's a gorgeous drive, and we did it at least four times while we were there. One of our favorite things we did in Lahaina was take a glassblowing lesson at Moana Glass. If you do this, ask for Tyler. He was AWESOME. You can pick what you want to make, and then they teach you the basics of glassblowing and give you some hands-on instruction while you make your piece. It was fun, informative, and we got to take home some unique souvenirs that we made ourselves to remember our Maui trip!
- The house has everything you could possibly need as far as kitchen items and bedding, and did have a hair dryer available as well. We even found packing tape and a Sharpie in the kitchen drawer when we were trying to ship packages back home! So really...you should be all set with whatever you need. There are also several grocery stores very close by so you can buy any food or drinks that you may need.
- I can't say enough about the private pool in the backyard. Even though the house is close to the park, the way it's set up you would never know it when you're in the pool area. The landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it provides all the privacy you could want. The pool area also comes equipped with loads of fun things like noodles or balls that you can play with in the pool. There are two sets of large washers and dryers in a shed-type area outside that provide lots of room for washing towels or clothes. The hot tub is wonderful, and we divided our time between soothing hot tub jets and refreshing pool water. There are LOTS of beach towels provided at the house as well. Jessica is the property manager there and she was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. She lives right next door so she is readily available for anything you might need. We met the owners as well while there and they were wonderful. We also met Snickers the sweet neighborhood cat, who spent a lot of time with us outside lounging on the lower deck (maaaaybe because we fed her food and treats, but shhh. Don't tell anyone!). This house is about three blocks from the busy main road in Kihei, but the way it's positioned, you would never know it. I recommend this house to anyone who wants a fairly quiet house that's still close to a lot of Kihei action. I also want to thank Hawaiian Beach Rentals for all their help with the booking and payment. Thanks for a memorable, relaxing stay on Maui! I hope we will be able to return soon. :)
Lisa N., Roanoke, VA, 4.27.19
- Always a pleasure to stay at Kapa'a Sands. But we had problems with Unite #6 on arrival April 12: phone did not work; safe did not lock; TV remote did not work. Drawing attention to these problems brought quick, courteous, and effective response from Vacation Rental Agent. Other than these problems the unit was clean and well-supplied. However, needs now to supply a new corkscrew!
Kal H., Vancouver, BC, 4.20.19
- Excellent and prompt attention to issue with fridge temperature issues. We were one beach towel short for our group of 8, but had brought a few of our own. We did use sofa beds but as is the case with these the mattresses are poor quality, unavoidable.
- Great location and beach club is world class.
Ruth D., Calgary, AB, 4.8.19
- Though this is an older building we found it very clean and well maintained. The two lanais provided great cross ventilation and we did not require air conditioning at all. The location is great and the park across the street is never endingly ineresting with something going on most of the time and the pathway providing an easy excersize opportunity and a great sunset watching site! Watching the surfing and paddle boarding parade each morning made our day. The only downside was the traffic noise but it was a small price to pay for the view.
Julie O., Kamloops, BC, 3.30.19
- We loved everything about this vacation home. The house was spotless, bright, and airy. Our family of four was so comfortable and relaxed in the spacious rooms. The casual but stylish beach decor was much appreciated. We had almost all meals at the house for the duration of our stay because we enjoyed eating on the lanai by the pool so much. The location was ideal. We walked to watch the sunrise every morning at Kalama beach park and then walked along the beach to Kalapawai market for coffee, one of our favorite holiday traditions in Kailua. Our kids ages 11 and 13 loved boogie boarding. This was a perfect base for some day trips as well, including Kualoa ranch, the Polynesian Cultural Center, and Turtle bay. We also had an easy drive in to the Ala Moana shopping mall. This is our fifth time vacationing in Kailua and Endless Summer is the nicest house we have rented. We will want to return and will definitely recommend it to friends and family.
Gudrun A., VICTORIA, BC, 3.28.19
- Pu'u Pao #302 was simply beautiful and we were thrilled with the complete remodel vs the pictures that were on line! I have rented in the complex before and this was a first time in unit #302. I will rent this unit again for my visit in May if it's available! It was spotless! I have taken pictures and sent them to my sister's who also travel extensively....Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Marta S., San Clemente, CA, 3.7.19
- Feb 14 - 25 2019. We really liked the property location on the island and thank you for welcome gifts. Close to grocery stores and just about anything you want including beaches and all activity. Thank you to Tori and Misty for everything. Tori had brand new beach chairs for us, all other beach equipment and towels are also there and worked out great. BBQ, out door area, laundry big plus. The dark blinds were perfect for privacy, but would have been nice to pull them up every now and then for natural light. There was plenty of cookware, but not suitable for us. Everything we cooked got stuck to the pans and had to boil water and let them soak to clean, so we bought a couple of nonstick pans at goodwill, which we used the rest of our stay and we left them to add to the cookware collection for others to freely use. There was a couple of plumbing issues, which I reported, so hopefully will be fixed, so it doesn't get worse. Be sure to bring bags for shopping or they are 15 cents each. We left some in utility area and they have a reusable bag, which was really nice, that we found after our first grocery trip. If you have any questions or needs, they are extremely nice and respond quickly. We would definately stay again and recommend it to anyone.
Gary L., Tacoma, WA, 2.28.19
- The beach and kitchen were nice. The bed was very uncomfortable. The unit was clean. I would not book this property again.
Craig R., Calgary, AB, 2.22.19
- Perfect Location and Excellent Accommodation Highly recommended. Friendly and helpful staff...special mention to Kim who showed us around when we checked in. Especially loved the stories about the celebs who live in Maui. Great tip about having drinks at Fleetwood's down the street. We were hoping Mick or Steven Tyler would show but no dice. But we saw Steven in Makawao riding his motorcycle and THAT was a treat! Only in Maui... Easy walk to the beach (2 mins max). Maybe 5 if you're carrying a paddle board over your head then you'll really appreciate the convenience of being so close. Brief stroll to get to town too. Really great location near the galleries and nice restaurants. Nice historic town with lots of charm but with Starbucks still closeby. Amber B., Seattle, WASHINGTON 12/2018
Guest H., 2.17.19
- A very special place in Maui! I was lucky enough to stay in the villa and it was A1. If you have a family and prefer to all stay together (and if you can afford it) this place is perfect. Great open layout and very spacious living area that extend to the backyard with another living/dining space where we had meals. We all loved the swing chair. The private bedroom was just as lovely. You have your own separate entrance although the room is still connected to the main house. It's large enough to be a studio. The service as you would expect is exceptional. Unlike some areas where a car is necessary, Lahaina's main attractions are super close that you can easily walk to town. M. Wright, Montreal, CANADA 11/2018
Guest A., 2.17.19
- We chose this home for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful time and give this villa our highest recommendation. For me, this was the best thing of our entire stay! We opted to base out of the westside for most of our stay and do day trips for maximum flexibility. Furnishings were rich and there was ample space for work and relaxation. We had the best time. This is a great rental. Service was exemplary. One gets a sense that they get a lot of VIPs staying with them, or they just treat their guests like one. We were made to feel very important. Maui is fantastic, everyone should go there. Everything that has been written about Hawaiian hospitality is all true.
Guest A., 2.17.19
- This is the place you need to be if you want beach and tourist attraction with plenty of relaxation. You get what you came to see and feel stress free after hours. We combined business with pleasure so my wife and I took the family along while attending a conference. Took care of the business part on the first half of the trip while my parents and kids explored Maui. Late afternoons we'd meet up at the beach then grab dinner in town. Very easy. We fired up the grill and cooked steaks when we stayed in for quiet evenings. Just movies, board games, or simply hanging out. When the conference ended we spent the rest of the week exploring farther out. Survived the drive to Hana but didn't get to see the sunrise in Haleakala. There was so much to do 10 days wasn't enough. I've been to Maui before but this was the first time it felt like a complete vacation with just the right amount of sightseeing and relaxation. The house was the perfect size and had everything we needed. Very clean and well thought out. Large rooms except for the kid's room which was just the right size. The extra tank of propane was nice to have when we ran out one evening. Guess we used the grill more than I thought. But the best part was the people and their genuine warmth and level of service from the moment we booked, to the day we arrived and left. We felt very well cared for. Opted for the midweek cleaning and the housekeeper showed up with ripe papayas from her backyard. Very nice. And the kids felt themselves very welcomed. The new sand toys were appreciated. Just one question remains: how soon can we return?
Guest E., 2.17.19
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Koa Lagoon #502. The grounds were beautifully maintained, including a very clean pool. The condo itself was very nice and had everything we needed. I especially liked having a washer/dryer combo in our unit. The view of the ocean was fabulous and we have pictures of stunning sunsets. It is ideally located in Kehei, being close to restaurants and shopping, as well as locations further south such as Wailea as well as to the north, such as Lahaina and the airport. A couple of recommendations to make the condo better would be: clean the bathroom better, particularly the sink counter and the tub area, and provide a hair dryer. We would certainly recommend this condo and the Koa Lagoon complex to anyone, and would love to stay there again.
Mary K., Oregon City, OR, 2.14.19
- The reason that this did not receive a five star rating was not due to the house, as it was a beautiful house that needs a severe cleaning and maintenance (replacing burned out light bulbs, and cleaning the light fixtures) with a fantastic location! It was the customer service starting with the fact that we were sent the wrong check-in information, we were sent the information for a condo that we rented two years ago and we received this information the day that we flew out. The subject information in the email was correct, but the address was incorrect and probably our fault that we didn't totally read the email, just printed it and out the door we went. Thankfully we decided around 1:30 PM Kauai time to do a drive by the address that was sent to us before we could check-in, that was when we discovered everything was screwed up. We got a hold of the person that sent us the wrong information and requested that she please give us the correct information and that we were having problems with receiving our emails and we had requested several time to PLEASE phone us DO NOT email. She finally did give us the correct address, but no code for the lock box. She said that she had to pull up that information and would return our phone call shortly. We had lunch and didn't hear back from her and this was 3:00 PM. We tried several times to phone her directly and discovered that we were phoning a Memphis, TN number, no wonder she didn't answer, she had gone home for the day! We phone the main number again and talked to someone else and thankfully she was very helpful and got in touch with the manager and told him of our situation. I had asked her to have him phone us and give us the code, please DO NOT send an email. Finally by 5:00 PM he phoned and gave us an apology and a lock box code number. We would love to book this rental again and it has been the best place that we have stayed in on Kauai for the location to the beach, shopping centers and dining.
Mari M., 12.6.18
- We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and chose this rental so we could fall asleep to the sound of the waves. We did! While we found the living area furniture not very comfy, this was the only negative. We used the concierge service to book dinner reservations and excursions for us. They were quick to respond and the recommendations we received were appreciated. We would return as we love Moloa'a Bay because of the quiet and tranquility there.
Paul G., Vacavo;;e, CA, 11.27.18
- Overall the quality of the condo is good, with the furniture being very nice. We were disappointed in that the garbage disposal did not work, the 2nd bedroom TV seemed to be only capable of playing DVD's, there was not a TV in the master bedroom and the water heater was only capable of providing water just warm enough to shower when the tap turned to full hot. We called the rental company for assistance, only to receive an answering machine, even though during business hours, left a voice mail and did not receive a return call. Overall satisfaction due to the above conditions would be a 6 of 10. The view from the condo was great and you don't go to Hawaii to watch TV but it would be nice to have hot water and a working garbage disposal. I also change out three burned out light bulbs, thank goodness there were spares in the cupboard. Day to day maintenance needs improvement.
John M., HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, 11.21.18
- Home is in a great location, a 2-3 minute walk from a beautiful sandy beach, not much people traffic on the beach making it quite private. The house needed a bit of upkeep, insecure windows upstairs, broken kitchen sink plug, small fixes that would have made a difference. Pest control sent out but a bit too late for our liking, knowing that the owner was there the week before and hadn't arranged it beforehand. Kitchen well stocked with cooking and eating dinnerware, glasses, pots, blender, etc. Kids loved the pool and pool toys plentiful.
Joyce P., Spruce Grove, AB, 11.17.18
- It was great we loved it! The rental was clean, the sounds of the waves was amazing and snorkeling beach 2 minute walk! We would definitely stay again and recommend it.
Lauren L., 10.22.18
Lauren H., Ballwin, MO, 10.22.18
- Aloha We enjoyed Koa Lagoon condo 606 very much So peaceful, private, clean, nice walking beach, , views, beautiful sunsets and sunrises The lanai was do spacious and comfortable that we had breakfast and dinner on the lanai daily. Julie Waters was very good to work with, very responsive and friendly. I would definitely rent again and recommend. It was exactly what we were looking for. Only 2 things to look into: the water filter dispenser on the refrigerator works, but it floods underneath, (cleaned up and didn't use it) and the dishwasher was so creaky, it sounded like it would fall apart. Minor things, but thought you would want to know. Mahalo
Carol W., Palm Desert, CA, 9.26.18
- The overall quality of the estate was amazing and the customer service was excellent. The house was clean and very beautiful. It was actually much nicer than the photos posted and we held a small wedding of 30 in the estate and it was the most beautiful wedding. We are planning a trip there again in the future and othe family members that have visited Ohau numerous times had such a great experience that they would like to visit this exact estate on their next visit.
Jane Y., 9.5.18
- The home in Moloa's Bay was amazing. The view and location was spectacular. The home was very nice inside, the kitchen was beautiful and well stocked. There are several fans and most of the time we did not need the AC. Wonderful breeze and sounds from the ocean. Great snorkeling right at the beach. We did not want to leave. We would 100% recommend a stay here and we look forward to coming back.
Beverly B., Laguna Beach, CA, 8.19.18
- The cottage was convenient to the beach. The road was dirt. Many large ruts, due to the rain. The fans were adequate. I think that due to all the heavy rains, the humidity was heavy. The chirping geckos were great fun to listen to while watching tv. It's an older cottage, but cute Hawaiian decor. Well stocked with supplies. I would recommend it.
Susan N., Camarillo, CA, 8.6.18
- Gardenia was absolutely amazing. Beautiful unit in top condition. Excellent service. Dawn was outstanding, perfect Customer service and a joy to work with. We would definitely rent this unit in the future.
David S., 7.30.18
- The home was very nice and customer service was great. The house was clean we were very satisfied with the home. I would book it again and it was great for the whole family. It was close to the beach and stores had a nice gas grill for barbq's. The only negative thing was that the hot tub didn't heat up. It was a great location with plenty of things to do.
Frank B., El Dorado Hills, CA, 7.30.18
- We loved Mango Surf Beach front villa- excellent location, wonderful experience. Booking was easy. Very clean. We enjoyed it very much. We would recommend. Points for improvement:
- It was frustrating not knowing until we were leaving the airport to drive there if we were going to be able to check in early or not. Also confusing- when I booked I was sent an email about concierge services and a contact, who I booked 3 trips through. When I spoke with Jane about our contact for check in she said that I should have used someone else? Also simple questions like what type of coffeemaker/coffee is needed couldn't be answered until landing. The dishwasher needs to be attached to the cabinet- it tips out when opened.
Angela T., Salem, OR, 7.30.18
- This is a gorgeous house in a nice neighborhood with a stunning location. The owner and manager were polite, attentive and respectful of our time. The house is on shared property but is completely private. We didn't have any issue with it being shared. It was clean, organized and convenient. We woke up every morning to a gorgeous sunrise, swam in the pool and sat out in the hot tub Thank you for a dream vacation!
Carolyn R., Franklin, NJ, 7.4.18
- 113 Whalers Cove is a modest, bottom floor unit in the middle of the second building. The unit was clean and stocked as advertised when we arrived. The furnishings are varied with some being relatively current and others being dated. The kitchen was average - nothing fancy - but functional. We had a couple of hiccups during our stay and the maintenance company was very polite and sympathetic but not very effective. (Most notably, the TV in the master bedroom worked intermittently. The maintenance gentleman visited to repair it (and other items) twice during our visit but it continued to malfunction. The day before we left they finally chose to replace it. They should have done that after the first repair didn't work rather than waiting until the end of our rental time.) The biggest problem I have with unit 113 is the lack of air conditioning & location. The back part is on the ground floor and opens onto the beautiful lawn but the front (facing the parking lot) is mostly underground and only has small windows. There was little breeze that low and the unit was stifling in the middle of the day. The management company representative "strongly recommended" that we not sleep with any doors ajar to allow for a breeze at night due to safety concerns. On the third night we decided to throw caution to the wind and slept with the lanai doors open and screen door closed, pulling chairs in front to block any intruders from walking into the unit. We survived the night and that helped a bit as there was a small breeze all night. I would not rent this unit again for this reason alone. I would consider an upstairs Whalers Cove unit (with a better breeze and doors that could safely be left open) or another property with A/C. The owner of the unit really should consider installing A/C at least in the bedrooms given the lack of ventilation. The Whalers Cover property is super-nice. The grounds are well manicured with gorgeous flowers, the pool is very nice and the view of the ocean spectacular! (note - despite what anyone tells you there is NO beach access from the property; you can walk back thru another neighborhood to get to the nearest beach but there's no way it's a "5 minute walk" as I was told. It's better to drive to a nice beach.)
Keith R., Fayetteville, GA, 6.2.18
- Second time renting this and we love it and will return. My concern this trip was that we didn't get until after 3:30, the exhaust fan in the one bedroom didn't work we would love to see corrected. We will definitely be back to stay again. It is an alsolutly beautiful house and beautiful house.
Mindy B., Valencia, CA, 5.25.18
- very happy with our accommodations, great condo, great view, great weather, excellent location
Philip F., Destin, FL, 5.20.18
- The customer service we received was excellent - everything went smoothly from initial reservation to payment to instructions about the unit, to a follow up thank you message upon leaving. We would use this company again and recommend to others. The unit itself had a great view and the photos accurately portrayed the condition with just a couple of exceptions: The bathroom was very small but we appreciated the tiled shower stall with detachable shower head and good water pressure. The washer/dryer worked fine, but there was duct tape - holding it together? Not sure, since it worked fine. The dishes and glassware appeared cloudy but they were clean, so maybe it's the water or age. The view was wonderful - we enjoyed hearing the sound of the ocean during dinner and breakfast. Wifi worked well too. The location was excellent to serve as our home base for the Polynesian Cultural Center, Tropical Farms Macadamia Nut Farm, Kualoa Ranch etc. etc. Giovanni's shrimp truck just 6-7 mi up the road was wonderful for dinners. Overall, a very good experience.
Bonnie B., Hershey, PA, 5.9.18
Katherine B., 5.7.18
- This is the perfect place to stay!
Paul C., Hesperia, CA, 5.6.18
- Our group of 8 felt totally comfortable and at home at Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure. It was the perfect location to walk 2 blocks into town for shopping and eating out. The other direction was baby beach. Just beautiful! The ocean there was shallow and without large waves. It made Kayaking and snorkeling easy and enjoyable. The home was fully stocked with kitchen supplies, towels, bedding and so much more! Bikes, kayaks, boogie boards, BBQ, and lawn chairs. I would definitely stay here again. The home, location and accommodations were perfect for our group. We truly enjoyed our selves!
Tami J., Anthem, AZ, 5.2.18
- The overall quality of the "Hale Ohana - 5BR Home Poipu." This is a beautiful home in a very unique and special location. The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Good customer service. The condition and cleanliness of the rental. House was very clean when we arrived. Your overall satisfaction with your rental. We were very satisfied with the rental. What would make this an outstanding rental is better kitchen equipment. The knives are terrible, there aren't any real skillets, and no baking sheets. Cooking at the house wasn't enjoyable because of the quality of the equipment. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Yes and yes. What was the best part of your trip? As far as the house is concerned, the location is truly special. Anything else you would like to share with others. I recommend providing bins to help with recycling. It would be easier to recycle if there were bins for glass, metal, paper, etc (and of course, renter still brings to recycling center).
Karla R., San Francisco, CA, 4.18.18
- Magnificent Home - we stayed in the Hale Ma'ana Hou for 12 days. The oceanfront view of this home is spectacular. This is an older home but has been very well maintained. We would definitely book this rental home again and recommend it to our family and friends.
Kari D., Coolin, ID, 4.9.18
- The main house is exceptional - fantastic waterfront with very nicely appointed furniture, deck, kitchen and bedrooms. My mother advised me that the 2 bed bedroom had a little trouble getting a hot shower. The detached villa house is dated and in need of a renovation - flooring, and washroom. Otherwise it is very nice. Thanks for your rental and Hawaiian hospitality. Dean Slater
Dean S., Calgary, AB, 3.22.18
- The house was a perfect choice for our family. Plenty of room to spread out. It's well equipped in the kitchen and there are lots of games to play and also pool/beach toys, beach chairs and towels. We really appreciated the fitted life vest for our granddaughter. The beach is just a short walk and can be quickly accessed through a path just a few doors down from the house. The pool was a great place to relax and we all enjoyed playing 'soccer' in the yard. We walked into Kailua a couple of times and it was great to have a Whole Foods for grocery shopping. Definitely recommend the house for families and friends.
Nancy F., 3.16.18
- Awesome location! Booking agents very helpful but the local property management didn't see to coordinate well with the booking agents (locks changed prior to our arrival with no notice to us, notification of a plugged sink wasn't acknowledged though may have been fixed after a couple of days - again no notification). House itself was laid out well for our group of 11. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade but location, location, location. Everything within walking distance. Good for 4 stars.
Shaun C., TURRAMURRA, New South Wales, 2.17.18
- Overall quality very good Customer service excellent Excellent conditionand cleanliness Very satisfied Might rent again Best part of trip was seeing the whales We thought the pillows were not comfortable and the quality of the sheets was less than expected for the price. There were a lot of rules that we thought were not very sensible or reasonable but the amenties were excellent so overall no complaints.
Kathryn S., Palmeston North, New Zealand, 2.10.18
- Rented Tropical Breeze but was put in Monet. The bed was not very comfortable, kinda hard.. Cleanliness was good. We were there a few days and there was toilet tissue in upper cabinet above toilet, and one day cleaners were there for other unit and took all the toilet tissue and laundry soap for our unit. We had to go buy some. The refridgerator was very old and very loud even at night. Condo was great other than that. Close to beach and very nice quiet neighborhood. Probably wouldn't book again. Oahu is ok but prefer Maui or Kauai.
Howard P., Anchorage, AK, 2.8.18
- H103 As far as the condo--it was perfect no major issues. Great views of the garden and pools as well as the ocean. The resort was maintained perfectly and the grounds were excellent. Convenient located in western side of Maui. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Things that might be address i feel are as follows: H103 needs to be remodeled in kitchen -- Did not like how A/C were connected with timers. But overall very nice unit. Would definitely use your resort again. All of Maui was great -- all were great. Things to share with others: Definitely the island to stay at. Quiet resort --
Troy G., Disputanta, VA, 1.23.18
- We really liked the hale Moana. There was only two of us so it was perfect size. It was clean. We would rent it again.
Terry L., Riverton, UT, 1.22.18
- Very good place to stay. View is great. All amenties are good and useful. Defintely recommend others. Only concern was the old lock that was hard to open.
Johnny M., Virginia Beach, VA, 1.21.18
- The Waialua Retreat is a great home that met every need of our family of 7. Owners have supplied everything you need from kitchen supplies to beach gear. Home is in perfect location with a quiet beach area and minutes away from town and great restaurants. We stayed 8 days and cooked in a lot to enjoy the great ocean views throughout the day. We loved the house and can't wait to go back.
Larry C., Long Grove, IL, 1.5.18
- great location and excellent property. had everything we needed!!
Brook H., Portland, OR, 1.2.18
- Perfect location a short pleasant walk from Lahaina. The condo is at the corner of the building, so there are sunrise as well as sunset views. During the booking process we were helped by a professional and service minded booking agent. Full score!
Anders J., Stockholm, Sweden, 10.14.17
- We were happy in our stay at Makai A3. It was very clean and had everything we would need for our stay. The only things that need work on is the front door, freezer handle and the dryer. The front door wouldn't close or lock. The first night we were at the condo we had to prop a chair behind the front door so it wouldn't open up (it wouldn't lock either). Also, the handle for the freezer kept coming off. Both items we told the property manager about. He came out the 2nd day we were there to check on the door and he thought he'd fixed it but the last night we were there, we had trouble keeping the door closed. Also, the dryer wouldn't dry out clothes. We kept turning it on to dry the towels. We finally hung our towels outside on the deck to dry.
Debora R., 9.20.17
- We just returned from a week at the Hale Lanui house and we LOVED every minute of it. Great house, fantastic location, pool is amazing, room to spread out. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids ranging from 8 to 12 and we all had plenty of space. The two living spaces gave the kids plenty of place to play and the adults plenty of more quiet space. The yard was amazing, private and quiet. The pool gets great shade in the morning and late afternoon. The 2 washers and 2 dryers were great too! nice to come home with very little dirty clothing. There are plenty of towels and umbrellas provided. The kitchen is well stocked with everything that we needed. Go to the house before doing your shopping as they have lots of things already like oil and salt. Jessica, the property manager, was wonderful. We had questions about the alarm and the pool sweep and she took care of us immediately. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Maui. My only complaint.... time went by too fast.
Lyndsey E., San Jose, CA, 8.15.17
- Overall quality: Great ! Level CS: excellent ! Condition: perfect ! Satisfaction: very ! Recommendation: definitely recommend it Best part: Location ! Worst part: flights and transfers on airports ! We had an amzing time with the familie !
Hans K., Diepenheim, 8.6.17
- The trip was excellent! The Hale Napili home was everything we hoped for and exceeded our expectations. The owner was responsive to our needs and we used their concierge service to arrange a catamaran trip to Lanai. It was the favorite part of the trip. The "community" pool was very good and the local beach was excellent for snorkeling. We counted 26 turtles one day.
Frank L., Fruit Heights, UT, 7.31.17
- Property was clean, close to beaches and good food. View was spectacular. Owner very responsive to needs and very friendly. Would definately stay again.
Stan R., Memphis, TN, 7.31.17
- Wonderful home, completely and beautifully furnished. Even sandtoys for grandchildren, and beach chairs and umbrellas for others. Lanai our favorite place to relax and eat. The house is very close to beach access and Kailua town center. Highly recommend. Great service by rental agency.
Hope W., Raleigh, NC, 7.31.17
- Our family loved our time at Hale Nalu. It was perfect for our needs and matched what we saw on-line. The location is beautiful - we loved the sound of the waves and the trade winds blowing through the house. The proximity to Baby Beach was perfect - and it provided recreation for our nine-month old grandson as well as our adult children. The rental was spotless when we arrived. The kitchen was adequately equipped. We really appreciated the 4 beach chairs and other beach equipment. The location was great for getting to other activities on the island. We would love to stay another time. All of our kids have talked about missing the sound of the waves and the early mornings on the lanai.
Tim K., Cary, NC, 7.25.17
- Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was a wonderful experience for my family and I. The houses were well-kept and the view of Kane'ohe Bay was beautiful. The younger family members enjoyed feeding the fish in the pond and the older members enjoyed the peace and quiet of not being in an overcrowded resort hotel. Dishwashing would have been appreciated, but fortunately, we are all used to hand washing dishes. Jennifer Pham was a delight to speak to and very responsive to any calls we made to her. I would return in a heartbeat!
David K., 7.24.17
- Very clean and looked recently renovated. Very comfortable with the air conditioning.
Shirley B., San Clemente, CA, 7.23.17
- The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need at beach home with amenities on your doorstep. Fantastic sunsets! One of the most beautiful beaches in the world is 15-20min walk along the beach, however the beach you are looking at from this apartment is nice too. Despite proximity to swimming pool apartment is quiet and you can listen to the sound of ocean waves. Definitely recommended.
Vlad C., Auckland, New Zealand, 7.18.17
- Loved our stay here at Water's Edge. House was immaculately clean and we enjoyed the view, sleeping with the sound of the ocean right outside the window and the feel of the cool ocean breeze was beautiful. Feel like you could almost be on a ship. Only thing to recommend would be some new fresh bathroom towels, as they were a little old. Did appreciate having beach towels there to use, as well as the ability to do a few loads of washing there instead of heading to a public laundry. Misty was always responsive when contacted. Beds were very comfortable as were bedding sheets etc.
Eliza L., Barwon Heads, VIC Australia, 7.17.17
- Been to Maui a few times along with other comparable destinations. Stayed in a number of resorts around the World and even got married in one. Forget all that, this is the place. Over 10 hours on a plane from across the country, trust me you won't miss it especially if, like us, you travel heavy! Then, you are there. Maui-- a stunning island. One of a Kind! The home was perfect the minute we set foot. Service, location, high-end but excellent rates, out of this World. You won't beat it - anywhere. We enjoyed all the activities just as much as the grand kids (teenagers) if not more. But on top was great food all over the island. The service was warm, caring and attentive. The caretaker called the next day to ask how we're settling. Special thanks go to Kim for her contribution but my agent, Mona, should be congratulated for finding us this place. Cynthia M. 6.17
Guest F., 7.15.17
- The area and the unit were great. I thought having white or beige carpet was stupid. When we booked this a year ago, the property was incorrect with the number of beds. It didn't matter to us, we had only 7 in our family, but was listed as having room with K, room with 2 queens, room with 2 singles, and 2 hide a beds. I brought this to your attn., and the listing was taken down, instead of being corrected, so we were never sure what the F we were getting.townhome has room with K, room with Q, and room with 2 singles, and 1 hide a bed. condition of rental was great. also towards the end of our trip, some neighbor called the homeowner, and told him he thought we were smoking on the patio, and they might charge us a $500.00 penalty. None of us smoke, mabey it was my 9 year old grandson, snuck out for one, irritating, scam. No I don't recommend this unit, and we left the freakin place almost and mabey as clean as it was on arrival. I won't book with you all again !!!
Ricki M., 4.28.17
- Although I've never been good at words, I will attempt to do so because this was such a slice of heaven to be in. With a beach right out your back door, to some of the most spectacular views of the North Shore, there was nothing lacking with this home away from home. The open floor plan with high ceilings complimented the airy feel and breezy atmosphere and truly lived up to it's name "Retreat". Quiet nights listening to the surf, and quiet nights in the neighborhood, a refreshing change from the everyday life in the city. Shopping, Shrimp Trucks, Sightseeing, all close by. Surf lessons and Shark adventures and fine dining too! As I've said...a true slice of heaven
Paul G., Sacramento, CA, 4.24.17
- The house was as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures. I think it was closer to the water than we thought which is awesome, even though too rocky to get in there it is a beautiful view and we loved it. 1st time in Hawaii and it was all and more than I expected
Robin J., Odessa, TX, 10.24.16
- Everything about this home was exceptional. We wanted for nothing. The location was perfect and the home beautiful. The home was clean and the booking agent, Tyler as well as the property manager, Yvonne went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would absolutely book this rental again and recommend it to a friend. One of the best parts of the trip was the private chef that came in to prepare dinner for the family one evening. He and his staff were extremely professional and the food fabulous. Every course was enjoyed and raved about! Please recommend him to guests in the future! We used Allain De Leon of 'Got Chef Maui'.
Annamarie P., Laguna Beach, CA, 10.19.16
- The place was amazing. The house was perfect. It was very clean and Diane was wonderful to deal with. The beach out front was nearly private. I would definitely stay here again.
Amy H., Appleton, WI, 10.19.16
- We had a very pleasant stay at the Regency and would gladly stay there again on a return visit. The accommodations were very comfortable and the location was very convenient. The children loved the pool. The setting was beautiful. Thanks
Mary E., Shelton, WA, 10.15.16
- Our stay was basically perfect. Hokulani is very well equipped, particularly the kitchen. The location is quite private and the views are really great. The check in and check out procedures are clear and overall the property is very easy to recommend!
Chris M., 10.14.16
- We had an amazing trip to Hawaii and the house was just perfect! The house was well maintained and clean. The pool was amazing and we spent time in it daily. The location was ideal, only two blocks from the beach. I highly recommend this house and we will definitely rent it again on our next trip to Kailua!
Elena G., Birmingham, MI, 10.10.16
- A great time had by all. The house is gorgeous and well appointed. Family and friends enjoyed themselves.
Iwalani S., San Marcos, CA, 9.28.16
- Everything was fantastic!!
Emmanuelle P., 9.26.16
- Location, location, location! This cottage is in a fabulous location and is very clean and well maintained. Everything is in very good condition, and the linens and towels were high quality. There was plenty of closet space, ample parking, easy beach access, and good air conditioning in the bedrooms. The only negatives were that for the price paid to rent this home, I would hope they wouldn't mind renters running the air conditioning as much as they wish; however, there are signs asking renters to shut off air conditioning if they go out (leaving the home stiflingly hot upon return from dinner or the market) and keeping their air conditioning no cooler than 72. Further, the washing machine is old and runs very short cycles, and leaves sand in the drum if there's even the slightest trace of sand on bathing suits or beach towels. There is also no drain stopper in the tub, making it impossible to bathe small children. Also, the wifi was very weak and couldn't even be detected on our devices until day 3. Finally, the hot water ran out quickly and took a very long time to heat up again. I recognize these are small things, but these are what I would recommend fixing/addressing to make this a flawless rental!
Jill W., Cary, NC, 9.12.16
- The condo was clean and in good condition, and we had a fantastic time in Kailua!
Mark C., Dublin, OH, 8.20.16
- The Beachside Villa was a beautiful spacous house with many nice amenities. Jennie Gratz was very helpful in helping us find this place and make arrangements. The place was very clean and neat when we arrived. Kepola was very helpful with the arrival arranges for us and answered a few questions we had before arrival. Shawn was there when we arrived and showed us around the house. We only had one small problem with the pool remote and Shawn came right over and got it straightened out. We really enjoyed this house. Its so close to the beach, it came with beach chairs and other beach gear including towels. The kitchen is so nice and stocked with some basics including lots of spices. The house had lots of spaces to gather and its was perfect for our extended family. We would definitely rent this place again and recommend it to friends.
George I., Plainsboro, NJ, 8.15.16
- We used the entire Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate for a wedding gathering. It was perfect for this event. The large, medium and studios house worked very well for the group. The houses were well designed and beautifully decorated. It was nice to be away from Honolulu and Waikiki. The houses were clean. The fish pond was amazing - imagine feeding a pond full of fish. It was incredible. Highly recommend this as a place to stay away from the madding crowd. Con - It is in a residential area so people do need be quiet after 10 pm. Also, if someone wants maid service daily, they will need to organize that separately.
Susan G., West Redding, CT, 8.13.16
- Our stay at Nani's cottage was wonderful. The house was spotless, air conditioned and supplied with everything we needed in the kitchen, as well as linens, towels and beach gear. The beach access was one house over and very convenient. There was a spectacular view of the sunrise from the upstairs bedroom! Misty arranged for us to check in smoothly and was a pleasure to work with. A dining table and chairs out on the deck would have provided a place for meals for the three of us as the house has only a counter with two stools. I would highly recommend this rental for anyone who wants to enjoy the beach at Kailua away from the crowds.
Joanne S., Centereach, NY, 8.12.16
- Serenity Cottage was a hit with our small family. We are originally from Kailua so it was a perfect location on the beach for visiting with our local ohana. Love having the barbecue grill to cook out and the cottage was very clean. So sad to leave and ready to return next vacation time. Aloha and thank you.
Julianca M., Villa Rica, GA, 8.7.16
- Beautiful home in a perfect location. Wish the trip didn't have to end! We made lovely memories , and welcomed a new daughter in law into the family while staying there! We will definately be back and hopefully someday with grandbabies.
Michelle T., Sahurita, AZ, 7.31.16
- Lanikai Beach Bungalow is one of the best places I have stayed on the island. Customer service was outstanding. Great location to walk to town and beaches or to get away from it all. The best part of this trip was the morning swim and then coffee with my friends, tue honu, and the Mokes. I will definitely rent with Aloha Beachfront rentals again.
Shana B., Richmond, CA, 7.26.16
- The view is incredible I rate that a 5+, When we arrived my instructions said the house would be open it was not and I couldn't get the property mgr to call me back and He DID NOT call me back or show up to help we broke in the house and called the reservation office and let them know what was going on and they tried to call the property mgr also with no results But the rest of the house is dated, smells of mildew , The towels smelt of mildew so bad we could barely stand to use them We bought some bleach and wiped the counters down and bleached the sink drains because they smelt awful. The house has ants we lost some food because of the ants. And roaches oh my they were everywhere running around on the ceiling at night.My kids where freaking out affraid they were going to get on them while they slept And the washer was leaking , the screen doors were torn and some of them did not close correctly. The house needs major maintenance and I would suggest white towels so they can be bleached. There is NOOO A/C and the fans are weak and slow. I did not complain about this to anyone but the house keeper at the end of my stay because I did not want to have to smell bug spray. Again the view and location are awesome I would not book this home again, for the price we paid it should not have had all these issues.
Mark A J., Millington, TN, 7.25.16
1 - 100 of 1305
Hawaii vacation reviews