- Hawaii vacation reviews
1 - 100 of 930
Hawaii vacation reviews
- The location and layout of the condo was perfect but it was filthy. We arrived to dead cockroaches on the floor and it looked like no one had cleaned for a year. Cockroach traps were on the kitchen and bathroom counters and dead cockroaches were in the cabinets. We had to wash the dishes before using them and the cupboards haven't been cleaned in a year. Our feet were black from walking on the floors that hadn't been washed, inches of dust were everywhere and the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. I was going to clean them but there wasn't any glass cleaner.
- The bathroom floor was disgusting and the hair ball in the shower indicated it hadn't been cleaned.
- We couldn't stand the filth but had to go buy a sponge because the one under the sink wasn't fit to clean a toilet. I tried to mop the floors, but the mop was so filthy that it just spread the dirt around. We washed the sheets before sleeping on them which was not a good way to start a vacation.
- Something gross was spilled on the bathroom door and the fridge door was covered with grime.
- Cockroaches ran out of the coffee pot, toaster and oven when we tried to use them. We planned on having meals at the condo but we didn't want to get sick.
- We understand that pests are common in Maui, but in our over 20 trips to paradise we've never seen anything like this.
- You need to get a refund from your cleaning person and hire someone who will do a thorough cleaning. You might want to check the condition of the unit before guests arrive.
- We love the Island Surf! We would not recommend this unit or book it again until it met minimal cleanliness standards.
- We have photos available of the conditions we faced if you are interested in addressing them with your cleaning crew.
Gary W., Seattle, WA, 10.17.19
- LOVED the Condo! Exceptional location, Interior was outstanding, and with all the amenities it felt like home. We will return and most certainly recommend. That being said...the View was Breathtaking ! MAHALO !
Nune R., San Diego, CA, 10.2.19
- We stayed for a week and we were so happy with the place.
Thomas K., RUSSELL LEA, NSW, 9.30.19
- This Villa has all we could have wanted. We searched online so many places. This one is a gem. Out of the front door is a beautiful ocean view that just a few steps across the street is a gorgeous sunset every night. The rear patios offer a fantastic view of the beautiful colorful flowering trees and green mountains with multiple waterfalls. With two bed rooms and three bathrooms it is a dream. Super clean place, Kitchen is awesome. Close to two beaches Hideaways and Puu Poa Beach and Queen's Bath! I must plug Hideaways Pizza Pub for pizza which is an easy walk down the road. We would consider this again if we go to Kauai.
James W., Waukegan, IL, 8.14.19
- Much of the furniture was worn, especially the outdoor furniture. Lounge chair was so worn that it broke through when sat upon. All video and audio equipment was removed and tv was poorly set up. Overall premises were acceptable. A lot of locked cabinets and garages. Beautiful view.
Chuck P., Lake Oswego, OR, 8.4.19
- We love the North Shore, and the accomodations ast Puamana 9C were perfect for our family. Great condition and amenities. We will be back.
Carrie B., Layton, UT, 7.26.19
- The unit #1122 was outstanding, maintained and managed properly and fit our family's needs perfectly. It is always a pleasure to visit a property that is above your expectations and this property was great! The booking process was flawless and we always had clear communications. We would highly recommend this property to anyone without any reservation at all.The best part of our trip was traveling with three lovely granddaughters excited to see the beauty of Hawaii for the first time. We love Kauai!
Gary A., Sarasota, FL, 7.3.19
- Everything superb! Clean, lovely, comfortable, fantastic ocean front. Ocean breeze coming in while sitting on the ocean front chaise lounges in the afternoons with aqua colored water and views was heavenly. Negative, but minor surprises for me was that the ocean entry from the property was not practical because of great amount of rocks and lack of sand. However, sand entry from public entrance was one house down and so just a few feet away. I had wished there would have been an air conditioner in main room on a couple occasions. Fans, bedroom air conditioners and opening walls (those under large front windows) really helped keep it cool, however. Low down oven door easily flops to floor and hit one person's foot.
Donna M., Walla Walla, WA, 7.3.19
- Wonderful experience. Beautiful home with bright gorgeous vistas. Snorkeling right off the deck.. great location. Can't wait to stay again!
James K., Bakersfield, CA, 6.9.19
- A lovely and spacious condo that easily provided the space and bathrooms we four ladies needed to enjoy our vacation. The condo was very clean and provided most everything needed for our comfort. We did have an unfortunate problem with the MB toilet hose coming loose and we could not find the shut off valve. Happened at 610 am and we finally got the property manager to tell us to look in broom closet for shut off. Very unusual location and a system I had never seen before! 24 hours later, it was repaired and we had no further issues. We did enjoy our stay and would recommend this unit. It has a lovely pool steps from the door and you are only a half mile from Poipu Beach! Lots to see and do nearby.
Donna D., Buckeye, AZ, 5.14.19
- The location re: proximity to Moloa'a beach was lovely, and the reason we chose this rental. The cottage was very clean and the housekeeping person extremely helpful in terms of gong the extra mile. This is the 4th place we have tried on Moloa'a Bay, and, while the most expensive, was the least comfortable. (Eg-mattress in main bedroom beyond firm to lumpy and hard, no real sofa only sunken wicker furntiture indoor and not even a reclining lounger outdoor.) The kitchen missed certain items like a whick, cooking tray, etc. We had contact from at least 3 agents at ReMax once we booked, so I did not feel carried through the process by that office.
Zosime C., Oakland, CA, 5.12.19
- My family and I recently stayed at Hale Lanui for 10 days, and we had a wonderful experience! We had a family of six and had plenty of room in the 4 bedrooms. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have twin beds, one king bedroom, and one queen. The house does have a spiral staircase inside, but you can carry luggage to the top bedrooms by using the outside staircase to the upper deck, so it was no trouble to do it that way.
- Both upper and lower decks offered marvelous views of the ocean. The house is right beside Kalama Park, where the adorable little leaguers played ball on weekday afternoons (we were there in mid-April). When you're sitting on the lower deck, there is a walking/jogging path that goes right by the house, so you do get some park joggers and walkers going by during the day and evening. Tennis courts and basketball courts are a VERY short walk away (pretty much right next door), and my niece enjoyed shooting hoops in the evenings. The park does close at 10pm, so it was quiet at night and did not cause any issues with any disturbances while we were there.
- There is just a ton of stuff to do in Kihei, and lots of restaurant options and beach options nearby. The house is about a 30-40 min drive to Lahaina, entirely depending on time of day and traffic. It's a gorgeous drive, and we did it at least four times while we were there. One of our favorite things we did in Lahaina was take a glassblowing lesson at Moana Glass. If you do this, ask for Tyler. He was AWESOME. You can pick what you want to make, and then they teach you the basics of glassblowing and give you some hands-on instruction while you make your piece. It was fun, informative, and we got to take home some unique souvenirs that we made ourselves to remember our Maui trip!
- The house has everything you could possibly need as far as kitchen items and bedding, and did have a hair dryer available as well. We even found packing tape and a Sharpie in the kitchen drawer when we were trying to ship packages back home! So really...you should be all set with whatever you need. There are also several grocery stores very close by so you can buy any food or drinks that you may need.
- I can't say enough about the private pool in the backyard. Even though the house is close to the park, the way it's set up you would never know it when you're in the pool area. The landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it provides all the privacy you could want. The pool area also comes equipped with loads of fun things like noodles or balls that you can play with in the pool. There are two sets of large washers and dryers in a shed-type area outside that provide lots of room for washing towels or clothes. The hot tub is wonderful, and we divided our time between soothing hot tub jets and refreshing pool water. There are LOTS of beach towels provided at the house as well. Jessica is the property manager there and she was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. She lives right next door so she is readily available for anything you might need. We met the owners as well while there and they were wonderful. We also met Snickers the sweet neighborhood cat, who spent a lot of time with us outside lounging on the lower deck (maaaaybe because we fed her food and treats, but shhh. Don't tell anyone!). This house is about three blocks from the busy main road in Kihei, but the way it's positioned, you would never know it. I recommend this house to anyone who wants a fairly quiet house that's still close to a lot of Kihei action. I also want to thank Hawaiian Beach Rentals for all their help with the booking and payment. Thanks for a memorable, relaxing stay on Maui! I hope we will be able to return soon. :)
Lisa N., Roanoke, VA, 4.27.19
- Always a pleasure to stay at Kapa'a Sands. But we had problems with Unite #6 on arrival April 12: phone did not work; safe did not lock; TV remote did not work. Drawing attention to these problems brought quick, courteous, and effective response from Vacation Rental Agent. Other than these problems the unit was clean and well-supplied. However, needs now to supply a new corkscrew!
Kal H., Vancouver, BC, 4.20.19
- Excellent and prompt attention to issue with fridge temperature issues. We were one beach towel short for our group of 8, but had brought a few of our own. We did use sofa beds but as is the case with these the mattresses are poor quality, unavoidable.
- Great location and beach club is world class.
Ruth D., Calgary, AB, 4.8.19
- Though this is an older building we found it very clean and well maintained. The two lanais provided great cross ventilation and we did not require air conditioning at all. The location is great and the park across the street is never endingly ineresting with something going on most of the time and the pathway providing an easy excersize opportunity and a great sunset watching site! Watching the surfing and paddle boarding parade each morning made our day. The only downside was the traffic noise but it was a small price to pay for the view.
Julie O., Kamloops, BC, 3.30.19
- Pu'u Pao #302 was simply beautiful and we were thrilled with the complete remodel vs the pictures that were on line! I have rented in the complex before and this was a first time in unit #302. I will rent this unit again for my visit in May if it's available! It was spotless! I have taken pictures and sent them to my sister's who also travel extensively....Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Marta S., San Clemente, CA, 3.7.19
- Perfect Location and Excellent Accommodation
- Highly recommended. Friendly and helpful staff...special mention to Kim who showed us around when we checked in. Especially loved the stories about the celebs who live in Maui. Great tip about having drinks at Fleetwood's down the street. We were hoping Mick or Steven Tyler would show but no dice. But we saw Steven in Makawao riding his motorcycle and THAT was a treat! Only in Maui... Easy walk to the beach (2 mins max). Maybe 5 if you're carrying a paddle board over your head then you'll really appreciate the convenience of being so close. Brief stroll to get to town too. Really great location near the galleries and nice restaurants. Nice historic town with lots of charm but with Starbucks still closeby. Amber B., Seattle, WASHINGTON 12/2018
Guest H., 2.17.19
- A very special place in Maui!
- I was lucky enough to stay in the villa and it was A1. If you have a family and prefer to all stay together (and if you can afford it) this place is perfect. Great open layout and very spacious living area that extend to the backyard with another living/dining space where we had meals. We all loved the swing chair. The private bedroom was just as lovely. You have your own separate entrance although the room is still connected to the main house. It's large enough to be a studio. The service as you would expect is exceptional. Unlike some areas where a car is necessary, Lahaina's main attractions are super close that you can easily walk to town. M. Wright, Montreal, CANADA 11/2018
Guest A., 2.17.19
- We chose this home for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful time and give this villa our highest recommendation. For me, this was the best thing of our entire stay! We opted to base out of the westside for most of our stay and do day trips for maximum flexibility. Furnishings were rich and there was ample space for work and relaxation. We had the best time. This is a great rental. Service was exemplary. One gets a sense that they get a lot of VIPs staying with them, or they just treat their guests like one. We were made to feel very important. Maui is fantastic, everyone should go there. Everything that has been written about Hawaiian hospitality is all true.
Guest A., 2.17.19
- This is the place you need to be if you want beach and tourist attraction with plenty of relaxation. You get what you came to see and feel stress free after hours. We combined business with pleasure so my wife and I took the family along while attending a conference. Took care of the business part on the first half of the trip while my parents and kids explored Maui. Late afternoons we'd meet up at the beach then grab dinner in town. Very easy. We fired up the grill and cooked steaks when we stayed in for quiet evenings. Just movies, board games, or simply hanging out. When the conference ended we spent the rest of the week exploring farther out. Survived the drive to Hana but didn't get to see the sunrise in Haleakala. There was so much to do 10 days wasn't enough. I've been to Maui before but this was the first time it felt like a complete vacation with just the right amount of sightseeing and relaxation. The house was the perfect size and had everything we needed. Very clean and well thought out. Large rooms except for the kid's room which was just the right size. The extra tank of propane was nice to have when we ran out one evening. Guess we used the grill more than I thought. But the best part was the people and their genuine warmth and level of service from the moment we booked, to the day we arrived and left. We felt very well cared for. Opted for the midweek cleaning and the housekeeper showed up with ripe papayas from her backyard. Very nice. And the kids felt themselves very welcomed. The new sand toys were appreciated. Just one question remains: how soon can we return?
Guest E., 2.17.19
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Koa Lagoon #502. The grounds were beautifully maintained, including a very clean pool. The condo itself was very nice and had everything we needed. I especially liked having a washer/dryer combo in our unit. The view of the ocean was fabulous and we have pictures of stunning sunsets. It is ideally located in Kehei, being close to restaurants and shopping, as well as locations further south such as Wailea as well as to the north, such as Lahaina and the airport. A couple of recommendations to make the condo better would be: clean the bathroom better, particularly the sink counter and the tub area, and provide a hair dryer. We would certainly recommend this condo and the Koa Lagoon complex to anyone, and would love to stay there again.
Mary K., Oregon City, OR, 2.14.19
- The reason that this did not receive a five star rating was not due to the house, as it was a beautiful house that needs a severe cleaning and maintenance (replacing burned out light bulbs, and cleaning the light fixtures) with a fantastic location! It was the customer service starting with the fact that we were sent the wrong check-in information, we were sent the information for a condo that we rented two years ago and we received this information the day that we flew out. The subject information in the email was correct, but the address was incorrect and probably our fault that we didn't totally read the email, just printed it and out the door we went. Thankfully we decided around 1:30 PM Kauai time to do a drive by the address that was sent to us before we could check-in, that was when we discovered everything was screwed up. We got a hold of the person that sent us the wrong information and requested that she please give us the correct information and that we were having problems with receiving our emails and we had requested several time to PLEASE phone us DO NOT email. She finally did give us the correct address, but no code for the lock box. She said that she had to pull up that information and would return our phone call shortly. We had lunch and didn't hear back from her and this was 3:00 PM. We tried several times to phone her directly and discovered that we were phoning a Memphis, TN number, no wonder she didn't answer, she had gone home for the day! We phone the main number again and talked to someone else and thankfully she was very helpful and got in touch with the manager and told him of our situation. I had asked her to have him phone us and give us the code, please DO NOT send an email. Finally by 5:00 PM he phoned and gave us an apology and a lock box code number. We would love to book this rental again and it has been the best place that we have stayed in on Kauai for the location to the beach, shopping centers and dining.
Mari M., 12.6.18
- We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and chose this rental so we could fall asleep to the sound of the waves. We did! While we found the living area furniture not very comfy, this was the only negative. We used the concierge service to book dinner reservations and excursions for us. They were quick to respond and the recommendations we received were appreciated. We would return as we love Moloa'a Bay because of the quiet and tranquility there.
Paul G., Vacavo;;e, CA, 11.27.18
- Overall the quality of the condo is good, with the furniture being very nice. We were disappointed in that the garbage disposal did not work, the 2nd bedroom TV seemed to be only capable of playing DVD's, there was not a TV in the master bedroom and the water heater was only capable of providing water just warm enough to shower when the tap turned to full hot. We called the rental company for assistance, only to receive an answering machine, even though during business hours, left a voice mail and did not receive a return call. Overall satisfaction due to the above conditions would be a 6 of 10. The view from the condo was great and you don't go to Hawaii to watch TV but it would be nice to have hot water and a working garbage disposal. I also change out three burned out light bulbs, thank goodness there were spares in the cupboard. Day to day maintenance needs improvement.
John M., HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA, 11.21.18
- It was great we loved it! The rental was clean, the sounds of the waves was amazing and snorkeling beach 2 minute walk! We would definitely stay again and recommend it.
Lauren L., 10.22.18
Lauren H., Ballwin, MO, 10.22.18
- After waiting 10 months to enjoy this rental we were very disappointed. A lot of my comments have to do with our personal preferences so naturally what didn't work for us might be just fine for someone else. We were not expecting the intense heat in this house. The fans were not operational and it took two days for the management company to get someone to the house to fix the overhead fan in the master bedroom. It really did no good as it was now suck in Typhoon Mode and all it did was blow very hot air. We went out and purchased batteries for all the remotes which don't work and there are no wall controls. Even with windows, blinds and doors closed during the day, the home has a western face so you get blasted with the afternoon sun. We had 5 floor fans going at all times to try to circulate air but it really was worthless. Outdoors in the morning were wonderful as the views are spectacular. Evenings, we couldn't sit outside because of the mosquitos. The master bedroom has a siding door and window and we just left all the sliding doors open at night to try to cool the house. My son-in-law was very concerned for safety but we found the neighborhood quiet and very safe and very enjoyable. The second bedroom has very little circulation and the 3rd bedroom, you really bake as the window doesn't open and is nothing but a huge glass plate in which to heat up the room. We were all miserable. The home says one level but it's not. Each room has a step down or step up. Coming in from the garage there are two steps and a great way to lose groceries. There is a ramp from the entry door down to the dining level and then you step down into the living area. This was extremely hazardous with a 13 month old. Grandma here took a nosedive as I forgot about the step down from the bathroom into the master bedroom late one night in the dark. Oh, and the bathroom doesn't have a door so if you like privacy, forget this house. My husband rigged a shower rod and curtain through the door frame. We ended up moving over to the Plantation Condominiums and shared a two bedroom for the duration of our stay and enjoyed it very much. We were told we could use the pool at the Makai Golf Course for a fee. For 150.00 per person, not 15.00 per day which is what I was quoted when I made the reservation. We actually would have paid it but they don't allow children under 18. Another item we weren't told about. This home is managed by Remax Kauai and they were very good with their communications and when a home opened we were allowed to move to an A/C condo and even though it was smaller, worked well for us. We now had a pool for the grandbaby and family. This home was very well equipped, great appliances, housewares, lots of spices which was a pleasant surprise, lots of beach toys, beach towels, beach chairs as we used all of these items every day when we went over to Anini Beach to get out of the heat. It was very clean upon our arrival and were very happy with the amount of good quality towels. They even had bikes to use but the tires were flat and no pump. The house is lovely, it just didn't work for a family with a baby as everything is tile and too many steps to watch out for all of us. I would suggest this for a family with older kids, not babies and naturally heat is subjective but we were all miserable.
Cyndi B., Grass valley, CA, 10.13.18
- Aloha We enjoyed Koa Lagoon condo 606 very much So peaceful, private, clean, nice walking beach, , views, beautiful sunsets and sunrises The lanai was do spacious and comfortable that we had breakfast and dinner on the lanai daily. Julie Waters was very good to work with, very responsive and friendly. I would definitely rent again and recommend. It was exactly what we were looking for. Only 2 things to look into: the water filter dispenser on the refrigerator works, but it floods underneath, (cleaned up and didn't use it) and the dishwasher was so creaky, it sounded like it would fall apart. Minor things, but thought you would want to know. Mahalo
Carol W., Palm Desert, CA, 9.26.18
- The home in Moloa's Bay was amazing. The view and location was spectacular. The home was very nice inside, the kitchen was beautiful and well stocked. There are several fans and most of the time we did not need the AC. Wonderful breeze and sounds from the ocean. Great snorkeling right at the beach. We did not want to leave. We would 100% recommend a stay here and we look forward to coming back.
Beverly B., Laguna Beach, CA, 8.19.18
- The cottage was convenient to the beach. The road was dirt. Many large ruts, due to the rain. The fans were adequate. I think that due to all the heavy rains, the humidity was heavy. The chirping geckos were great fun to listen to while watching tv. It's an older cottage, but cute Hawaiian decor. Well stocked with supplies. I would recommend it.
Susan N., Camarillo, CA, 8.6.18
- Gardenia was absolutely amazing. Beautiful unit in top condition. Excellent service. Dawn was outstanding, perfect Customer service and a joy to work with. We would definitely rent this unit in the future.
David S., 7.30.18
- We loved Mango Surf Beach front villa- excellent location, wonderful experience. Booking was easy. Very clean. We enjoyed it very much. We would recommend. Points for improvement:
- It was frustrating not knowing until we were leaving the airport to drive there if we were going to be able to check in early or not. Also confusing- when I booked I was sent an email about concierge services and a contact, who I booked 3 trips through. When I spoke with Jane about our contact for check in she said that I should have used someone else? Also simple questions like what type of coffeemaker/coffee is needed couldn't be answered until landing. The dishwasher needs to be attached to the cabinet- it tips out when opened.
Angela T., Salem, OR, 7.30.18
- 113 Whalers Cove is a modest, bottom floor unit in the middle of the second building. The unit was clean and stocked as advertised when we arrived. The furnishings are varied with some being relatively current and others being dated. The kitchen was average - nothing fancy - but functional. We had a couple of hiccups during our stay and the maintenance company was very polite and sympathetic but not very effective. (Most notably, the TV in the master bedroom worked intermittently. The maintenance gentleman visited to repair it (and other items) twice during our visit but it continued to malfunction. The day before we left they finally chose to replace it. They should have done that after the first repair didn't work rather than waiting until the end of our rental time.) The biggest problem I have with unit 113 is the lack of air conditioning & location. The back part is on the ground floor and opens onto the beautiful lawn but the front (facing the parking lot) is mostly underground and only has small windows. There was little breeze that low and the unit was stifling in the middle of the day. The management company representative "strongly recommended" that we not sleep with any doors ajar to allow for a breeze at night due to safety concerns. On the third night we decided to throw caution to the wind and slept with the lanai doors open and screen door closed, pulling chairs in front to block any intruders from walking into the unit. We survived the night and that helped a bit as there was a small breeze all night. I would not rent this unit again for this reason alone. I would consider an upstairs Whalers Cove unit (with a better breeze and doors that could safely be left open) or another property with A/C. The owner of the unit really should consider installing A/C at least in the bedrooms given the lack of ventilation. The Whalers Cover property is super-nice. The grounds are well manicured with gorgeous flowers, the pool is very nice and the view of the ocean spectacular! (note - despite what anyone tells you there is NO beach access from the property; you can walk back thru another neighborhood to get to the nearest beach but there's no way it's a "5 minute walk" as I was told. It's better to drive to a nice beach.)
Keith R., Fayetteville, GA, 6.2.18
- Second time renting this and we love it and will return. My concern this trip was that we didn't get until after 3:30, the exhaust fan in the one bedroom didn't work we would love to see corrected. We will definitely be back to stay again. It is an alsolutly beautiful house and beautiful house.
Mindy B., Valencia, CA, 5.25.18
- very happy with our accommodations, great condo, great view, great weather, excellent location
Philip F., Destin, FL, 5.20.18
Katherine B., 5.7.18
- Our group of 8 felt totally comfortable and at home at Lahaina's Oceanfront Treasure. It was the perfect location to walk 2 blocks into town for shopping and eating out. The other direction was baby beach. Just beautiful! The ocean there was shallow and without large waves. It made Kayaking and snorkeling easy and enjoyable. The home was fully stocked with kitchen supplies, towels, bedding and so much more! Bikes, kayaks, boogie boards, BBQ, and lawn chairs. I would definitely stay here again. The home, location and accommodations were perfect for our group. We truly enjoyed our selves!
Tami J., Anthem, AZ, 5.2.18
- The overall quality of the "Hale Ohana - 5BR Home Poipu." This is a beautiful home in a very unique and special location. The level of customer service you received from your booking agent. Good customer service. The condition and cleanliness of the rental. House was very clean when we arrived. Your overall satisfaction with your rental. We were very satisfied with the rental. What would make this an outstanding rental is better kitchen equipment. The knives are terrible, there aren't any real skillets, and no baking sheets. Cooking at the house wasn't enjoyable because of the quality of the equipment. Would you book the rental again and or recommend the rental to a friend? Yes and yes. What was the best part of your trip? As far as the house is concerned, the location is truly special. Anything else you would like to share with others. I recommend providing bins to help with recycling. It would be easier to recycle if there were bins for glass, metal, paper, etc (and of course, renter still brings to recycling center).
Karla R., San Francisco, CA, 4.18.18
- Magnificent Home - we stayed in the Hale Ma'ana Hou for 12 days. The oceanfront view of this home is spectacular. This is an older home but has been very well maintained. We would definitely book this rental home again and recommend it to our family and friends.
Kari D., Coolin, ID, 4.9.18
- Paniau Cottage was a dream....beautifully decorated, well appointed kitchen, amazingly comfy beds, a killer outdoor shower (we never even used the indoor one) and very clean. We arrived to fresh tropical flowers placed throughout the house , the cooler and fans on to refresh us, and sweet notes from the caretaker inviting us to call her if we needed anything! The location is unbelievable...last house on the block (quiet), the best snorkeling right across the street (really!) and a lovely forest in the backyard where we awoke each morning to gentle bird sounds. We would rent this house again in a heartbeat!
Lisa V., San Luis Obispo, CA, 3.31.18
- The main house is exceptional - fantastic waterfront with very nicely appointed furniture, deck, kitchen and bedrooms. My mother advised me that the 2 bed bedroom had a little trouble getting a hot shower. The detached villa house is dated and in need of a renovation - flooring, and washroom. Otherwise it is very nice. Thanks for your rental and Hawaiian hospitality. Dean Slater
Dean S., Calgary, AB, 3.22.18
- Awesome location! Booking agents very helpful but the local property management didn't see to coordinate well with the booking agents (locks changed prior to our arrival with no notice to us, notification of a plugged sink wasn't acknowledged though may have been fixed after a couple of days - again no notification). House itself was laid out well for our group of 11. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade but location, location, location. Everything within walking distance. Good for 4 stars.
Shaun C., TURRAMURRA, New South Wales, 2.17.18
- Overall quality very good Customer service excellent Excellent conditionand cleanliness Very satisfied Might rent again Best part of trip was seeing the whales We thought the pillows were not comfortable and the quality of the sheets was less than expected for the price. There were a lot of rules that we thought were not very sensible or reasonable but the amenties were excellent so overall no complaints.
Kathryn S., Palmeston North, New Zealand, 2.10.18
- H103 As far as the condo--it was perfect no major issues. Great views of the garden and pools as well as the ocean. The resort was maintained perfectly and the grounds were excellent. Convenient located in western side of Maui. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Things that might be address i feel are as follows: H103 needs to be remodeled in kitchen -- Did not like how A/C were connected with timers. But overall very nice unit. Would definitely use your resort again. All of Maui was great -- all were great. Things to share with others: Definitely the island to stay at. Quiet resort --
Troy G., Disputanta, VA, 1.23.18
- We really liked the hale Moana. There was only two of us so it was perfect size. It was clean. We would rent it again.
Terry L., Riverton, UT, 1.22.18
- Very good place to stay. View is great. All amenties are good and useful. Defintely recommend others. Only concern was the old lock that was hard to open.
Johnny M., Virginia Beach, VA, 1.21.18
- great location and excellent property. had everything we needed!!
Brook H., Portland, OR, 1.2.18
- Perfect location a short pleasant walk from Lahaina. The condo is at the corner of the building, so there are sunrise as well as sunset views. During the booking process we were helped by a professional and service minded booking agent. Full score!
Anders J., Stockholm, Sweden, 10.14.17
- We were happy in our stay at Makai A3. It was very clean and had everything we would need for our stay. The only things that need work on is the front door, freezer handle and the dryer. The front door wouldn't close or lock. The first night we were at the condo we had to prop a chair behind the front door so it wouldn't open up (it wouldn't lock either). Also, the handle for the freezer kept coming off. Both items we told the property manager about. He came out the 2nd day we were there to check on the door and he thought he'd fixed it but the last night we were there, we had trouble keeping the door closed. Also, the dryer wouldn't dry out clothes. We kept turning it on to dry the towels. We finally hung our towels outside on the deck to dry.
Debora R., 9.20.17
- We just returned from a week at the Hale Lanui house and we LOVED every minute of it. Great house, fantastic location, pool is amazing, room to spread out. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids ranging from 8 to 12 and we all had plenty of space. The two living spaces gave the kids plenty of place to play and the adults plenty of more quiet space. The yard was amazing, private and quiet. The pool gets great shade in the morning and late afternoon. The 2 washers and 2 dryers were great too! nice to come home with very little dirty clothing. There are plenty of towels and umbrellas provided. The kitchen is well stocked with everything that we needed. Go to the house before doing your shopping as they have lots of things already like oil and salt. Jessica, the property manager, was wonderful. We had questions about the alarm and the pool sweep and she took care of us immediately. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Maui. My only complaint.... time went by too fast.
Lyndsey E., San Jose, CA, 8.15.17
- The trip was excellent! The Hale Napili home was everything we hoped for and exceeded our expectations. The owner was responsive to our needs and we used their concierge service to arrange a catamaran trip to Lanai. It was the favorite part of the trip. The "community" pool was very good and the local beach was excellent for snorkeling. We counted 26 turtles one day.
Frank L., Fruit Heights, UT, 7.31.17
- Property was clean, close to beaches and good food. View was spectacular. Owner very responsive to needs and very friendly. Would definately stay again.
Stan R., Memphis, TN, 7.31.17
- Our family loved our time at Hale Nalu. It was perfect for our needs and matched what we saw on-line. The location is beautiful - we loved the sound of the waves and the trade winds blowing through the house. The proximity to Baby Beach was perfect - and it provided recreation for our nine-month old grandson as well as our adult children. The rental was spotless when we arrived. The kitchen was adequately equipped. We really appreciated the 4 beach chairs and other beach equipment. The location was great for getting to other activities on the island. We would love to stay another time. All of our kids have talked about missing the sound of the waves and the early mornings on the lanai.
Tim K., Cary, NC, 7.25.17
- The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need at beach home with amenities on your doorstep. Fantastic sunsets! One of the most beautiful beaches in the world is 15-20min walk along the beach, however the beach you are looking at from this apartment is nice too. Despite proximity to swimming pool apartment is quiet and you can listen to the sound of ocean waves. Definitely recommended.
Vlad C., Auckland, New Zealand, 7.18.17
- Been to Maui a few times along with other comparable destinations. Stayed in a number of resorts around the World and even got married in one. Forget all that, this is the place. Over 10 hours on a plane from across the country, trust me you won't miss it especially if, like us, you travel heavy! Then, you are there. Maui-- a stunning island. One of a Kind! The home was perfect the minute we set foot. Service, location, high-end but excellent rates, out of this World. You won't beat it - anywhere. We enjoyed all the activities just as much as the grand kids (teenagers) if not more. But on top was great food all over the island. The service was warm, caring and attentive. The caretaker called the next day to ask how we're settling. Special thanks go to Kim for her contribution but my agent, Mona, should be congratulated for finding us this place. Cynthia M. 6.17
Guest F., 7.15.17
- The area and the unit were great. I thought having white or beige carpet was stupid. When we booked this a year ago, the property was incorrect with the number of beds. It didn't matter to us, we had only 7 in our family, but was listed as having room with K, room with 2 queens, room with 2 singles, and 2 hide a beds. I brought this to your attn., and the listing was taken down, instead of being corrected, so we were never sure what the F we were getting.townhome has room with K, room with Q, and room with 2 singles, and 1 hide a bed. condition of rental was great. also towards the end of our trip, some neighbor called the homeowner, and told him he thought we were smoking on the patio, and they might charge us a $500.00 penalty. None of us smoke, mabey it was my 9 year old grandson, snuck out for one, irritating, scam. No I don't recommend this unit, and we left the freakin place almost and mabey as clean as it was on arrival. I won't book with you all again !!!
Ricki M., 4.28.17
- The house was as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures. I think it was closer to the water than we thought which is awesome, even though too rocky to get in there it is a beautiful view and we loved it. 1st time in Hawaii and it was all and more than I expected
Robin J., Odessa, TX, 10.24.16
- Everything about this home was exceptional. We wanted for nothing. The location was perfect and the home beautiful. The home was clean and the booking agent, Tyler as well as the property manager, Yvonne went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. I would absolutely book this rental again and recommend it to a friend. One of the best parts of the trip was the private chef that came in to prepare dinner for the family one evening. He and his staff were extremely professional and the food fabulous. Every course was enjoyed and raved about! Please recommend him to guests in the future! We used Allain De Leon of 'Got Chef Maui'.
Annamarie P., Laguna Beach, CA, 10.19.16
- We had a very pleasant stay at the Regency and would gladly stay there again on a return visit. The accommodations were very comfortable and the location was very convenient. The children loved the pool. The setting was beautiful. Thanks
Mary E., Shelton, WA, 10.15.16
- Our stay was basically perfect. Hokulani is very well equipped, particularly the kitchen. The location is quite private and the views are really great. The check in and check out procedures are clear and overall the property is very easy to recommend!
Chris M., 10.14.16
- Everything was fantastic!!
Emmanuelle P., 9.26.16
- Location, location, location! This cottage is in a fabulous location and is very clean and well maintained. Everything is in very good condition, and the linens and towels were high quality. There was plenty of closet space, ample parking, easy beach access, and good air conditioning in the bedrooms. The only negatives were that for the price paid to rent this home, I would hope they wouldn't mind renters running the air conditioning as much as they wish; however, there are signs asking renters to shut off air conditioning if they go out (leaving the home stiflingly hot upon return from dinner or the market) and keeping their air conditioning no cooler than 72. Further, the washing machine is old and runs very short cycles, and leaves sand in the drum if there's even the slightest trace of sand on bathing suits or beach towels. There is also no drain stopper in the tub, making it impossible to bathe small children. Also, the wifi was very weak and couldn't even be detected on our devices until day 3. Finally, the hot water ran out quickly and took a very long time to heat up again. I recognize these are small things, but these are what I would recommend fixing/addressing to make this a flawless rental!
Jill W., Cary, NC, 9.12.16
- The condo was clean and in good condition, and we had a fantastic time in Kailua!
Mark C., Dublin, OH, 8.20.16
- Serenity Cottage was a hit with our small family. We are originally from Kailua so it was a perfect location on the beach for visiting with our local ohana. Love having the barbecue grill to cook out and the cottage was very clean. So sad to leave and ready to return next vacation time. Aloha and thank you.
Julianca M., Villa Rica, GA, 8.7.16
- The place was clean and spacious the rain head shower was the best.
Theresa V., Merrillville, IN, 8.6.16
- The view is incredible I rate that a 5+, When we arrived my instructions said the house would be open it was not and I couldn't get the property mgr to call me back and He DID NOT call me back or show up to help we broke in the house and called the reservation office and let them know what was going on and they tried to call the property mgr also with no results But the rest of the house is dated, smells of mildew , The towels smelt of mildew so bad we could barely stand to use them We bought some bleach and wiped the counters down and bleached the sink drains because they smelt awful. The house has ants we lost some food because of the ants. And roaches oh my they were everywhere running around on the ceiling at night.My kids where freaking out affraid they were going to get on them while they slept And the washer was leaking , the screen doors were torn and some of them did not close correctly. The house needs major maintenance and I would suggest white towels so they can be bleached. There is NOOO A/C and the fans are weak and slow. I did not complain about this to anyone but the house keeper at the end of my stay because I did not want to have to smell bug spray. Again the view and location are awesome I would not book this home again, for the price we paid it should not have had all these issues.
Mark A J., Millington, TN, 7.25.16
- We had wonderful time. The house was a great accommodation for our large blended family. Plenty of room for all and all amenities we needed were provided. The onsite caretaker was nice, prompt to respond to requests or concerns and helpful. We would both, book this rental again and refer to friends.
Martha R., Gilbert, AZ, 7.21.16
- Great location and wonderful space for a family visit. Very well supplied. Snorkel beaches nearby, beautiful petroglyph park and really cool swimming pool. Lava Lava Beach Restaurant was our favorite family friendly dining spot. If you want a super charter boat trip, take the Endless Summer outing with Brian and crew. Get their contact info from Peter at Snorkel Bobs. Swim with dolphins! Aloha!
Lynette W., Winthrop, WA, 7.20.16
- Overall a great vacation rental. This vacation home was spacious and our family had a lot of room to have individual space and not feel cramped in close quarters. It was exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable. Great location and convenient to the beach. The owners were extremely easy to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We would recommend this vacation home to anyone and would rent again on our next trip to Oahu. Thanks for making our family vacation wonderful.
Alton W. & Tammy C., Sulphur Springs, TX, 7.10.16
- The Hale Lani home is exceptional; beautiful, spacious, and has absolutely everything you would need for a fabulous vacation. There were a few nuts and bolts issues that were relayed to the property management people - nothing earth-shattering. The one really negative issue was heavy construction (bolder cracking and rock crushing just on the other side of the fairway from us; from 0730 to 1730 Mon. thru Thurs. (and once on Friday). To me, that is critical information that should be shared with the Renter in advance. With our Marriott Timeshare, information like that flashes on the screen prior to making a reservation. Also, the gentleman who mowed the greens on the golf course did so at 0445 each morning.....normally not an issue, but in Poipu you leave the windows open at night so the Trades give natural air conditioning. I would definitely recommend this house to a friend, but not until all the condo's on the other side of the fairway are completed.
Vic F., Benicia, CA, 7.3.16
- We loved the beautiful grounds of the Waikaloa Beach Villas. Also, easy walking to shops and dining. Our unit, E32 was beautifully decorated, large, and well stocked! We were able to entertain our family who were staying at the Marriott. Also, loved all the beach equipment for enjoying Hupano Beach. Thanks so much for a wonderful 9 days! Mahalo and Aloha
Lynn W., Novato, CA, 7.1.16
- This home is amazing. There is nothing that could have made our stay any better. The views are magnificent. The pool is fabulous. It had everything and more, I will definitely be back.
Stacey R., Keizer, OR, 6.28.16
- We loved our stay at A place in Hawaiian Paradise. The house is clean, in prefect condition and contains all the amenities one would want. The view of the water is breathtaking and the little walking path to the beach is delightful. Steven is excellent and helpful and took care of all our needs. I would definitely return and recommend this home to anyone.
Bernadette P., 6.28.16
- The house is secluded and large enough for 14 guest with plenty of room. I would rent again. Booking Agent was extremely helpful, help plan a vow renewal and extravegant dinner.
Jon L., Riverside, CA, 6.24.16
- We found the overall quality of "Laulea" to be excellent. The condition, cleanliness and layout of the house bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry, lanai, living rooms, pool,,etc. made for a very comfortable fit for the 9 adults and 2 month old infant affording privacy and wonderful family gathering experiences. The kitchen was amazing providing first rate appliances, all the gadgets, pots and pans, cutlery, china etc one could ask for to prepare meals for our brood. The location of the rental was exceptional as well, right across the street from a glorious beach, near shopping, eating and all types of sports rental facilities. It also had easy access to the sites of the Island, Waikiki and Honolulu. The house is in an attractive residential area, providing quiet but also not far from "the action." (as our two teenagers can confirm) an excellent home base. Probably the best part of our trip was that the house made it possible for our whole family to enjoy this beautiful island together. The customer service was also exceptional. The VRA website was a pleasure to use. Throughout (pre- post arrival) the property managers patiently, thoroughly and with good humor answered our many questions. They were always available if needed but never intruded in our privacy. The trip was a celebration of our 50th Wedding anniversary and the property manager' went out of their way to make it a memorable occasion. They are very special people , giving true meaning to the Hawaiian word "Aloha". We would definitely rent Laulea again if we returned with the family to Oahu and have already begun recommending it unreservedly to others.
Leonard and Susan W., Shorewood, WI, 6.16.16
- Location - 5. Kailua beach is the best on Oahu and the property is located in a great part of the beach, close to the local market, beach park, local shops. Cottage - needs updating. Sliding doors in bedroom and one sliding door in lounge room are broken and can't be opened so you can't get any sea breeze though the room. You need to use the air con to cool the bedroom which is not ideal. Furniture - is out dated and too big for the tiny lounge room. Get rid of the huge TV cabinet and put the TV on the wall. Impossible to watch TV for more than 1 person without having to move all the furniture. BBQ - didn't work even though you say it does, it doesn't stay alight. (yes there was gas in the bottle). Kitchen - the fridge is old and rusted, not a good look. Get an electric kettle, as the gas one takes forever to bowl water and doesn't whistle either. Sharing - this property is on the same block as the main house. You should let your potential guests know that they may be sharing the property with another family. I am sure both renters need to know this as they may not want to rent if they know they are sharing the same property. Value for money - 2. You pay too much for what is on offer. Please keep you property maintained. Agents of the property - 4. They were attentive to our requests. Thanks. Overall - I wouldn't want to have four people staying, it's just too small. OK for two people. Would I rent this again knowing in its current condition? - No.
Graham B., Church Point, NSW, 6.4.16
- This property was everything we had hoped for our 3 generations. It was well maintained, the pictures were an accurate description of what we expected. Just beautiful. We enjoyed the pool for many hours and just sat and watched the beautiful sunset for many nights. We could also see whales out in the ocean. We were a family of 6 adults and 4 children, 13, 9, 8, 7. They also enjoyed the video games after a full day of swimming and enjoying the boogie boards down at Kehei. We went to Monkeypod restaurant and Longhis. Also had to local fish tacos. We would recommend all. Kids especially enjoyed the whale watching and snorkeling trip. The property managers place is on site and answered any questions we might of had. A once in a lifetime vacation for our family at a perfect location. The kids words were, awesome and amazing. You can't ask for much more.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Just returned from a fabulous vacation in Maui! This is our second stay at "Nani Pulelehua" and we are just as impressed as the first time. The home is very spacious and is beautifully designed both inside and outside. Much of the outdoor furniture is new and the linens are five star quality. The pool is beyond amazing with its "walk in entrance". Every amenity you could want is available and the onsite property manager is so gracious. Our favorite part of the house is on the lanai in front of the infinity edge pool. We open the large slider doors and enjoy the tropical breeze, while simply relaxing and watching another gorgeous Maui sunset. We decided to hire a local chef this time to prepare a very elegant dinner for us. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to make it quite special. We had called the owner ahead of arriving in Maui, to ask for recommendations of local chefs who are mobile. Akio outdid herself! She created a gorgeous atmosphere poolside with lovely candles, fresh orchids, relaxing music and amazing hors d'oeuvres. We then had a fantastic seafood dinner expertly prepared. Cocktails in hand and an amazing sunset.it was a truly fantastic anniversary dinner!!! Being able to celebrate in this home was genuinely priceless! The home is wonderfully quiet and relaxing. We loved not having to deal with a busy hotel and all its bustling activity. We will definitely be returning a third time!
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- ALOHA !! On behalf of our families, I would like to express our gratefulness for the opportunity to spend a week at this absolutely beautiful haven in paradise, the BUTTERFLY house in Wailea. WE were awed the minute we set foot on the awesome property, the photos and descriptions were spot-on but we were even more impressed to see it all in person. Such a comfortable house, bedroom and bathroom layout and outdoor areas for our large group of nine ... with space to spare! The huge kitchen and island were perfect for us, but the amazing patio, infinity pool and hot tub with spectacular ocean views were simply awesome and where we lingered morning, noon and night! So nice to be away from the crowds down on the Wailea "strip" - the house gave us our own little haven of private paradise. Very comfortable sleeping for our families too. Property was well-maintained and Ed and Sebella (sp?) were so wonderful, helpful and gracious to us, living there in the "casita" above the house as caretakers and on-site managers. Customer service was excellent. We would wholeheartedly recommend this lovely home-away-from home IN PARADISE to our friends and family (already done so !!) ... such a treat to have a large group able to stay together so comfortably in one place and dine together so easily. We simply loved BBQing and eating in nearly every evening so we could appreciate the sunsets each night from the house. TOO NICE to leave, truly! Favorite activites: SIMPLY enjoying the house and lounging there .... whale-watching from the house (awesome whale activity sunrise to sundown) .... WHALE WATCHING EXCURSIONS were amazing and highlights with Pacific Whale Foundation in Lahaina -- first on a small zodiak and again on a sailboat ... great walks down to the beach and along the beach path ... lots of mai tais !! One early morning trip up to Napili to the Gazebo Restaurant, a family favorite, with just me and all the kids - great fun always ! We also really enjoyed breakfast after the sunrise zodiak whale watching excursion at the Aloha Mixed Plate restaurant on Front Street, right on the beach. Otherwise, we enjoyed just being at the beautiful house. We will hope to return with other friends and family someday soon. Our warmest MAHALO for a wonderful vacation. Sincerely, Suzanne Roberts and the Roberts-Seeley Famlies of Issaquah and Bellevue, Washington
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- This incredible property was all that I was hoping for as the location for our 40th wedding anniversary celebration with our adult children and their families, including three infants under age 3. The house itself was luxurious with four huge bedrooms, including two large masters. The eternity pool was great for the little ones with its graduated entrance and non-slippery tiles. The hot tub was a treat for young and old alike. Every toy for every age group was provided; from spades and buckets to boogie boards, umbrellas, beach chairs and video games. The outside furniture is some of the most comfortable I have experienced. From the pool one day we watched whales frisking in the ocean for about 30 minutes; blowing and breaching and having fun. The south side of the house provided a quiet and dark spot for watching the night skies and my husband enjoyed many evenings of star gazing. We celebrated a birthday and and anniversary dinner on separate occasions and the well stocked and large kitchen allowed for easy dinners for 7 people all seated around the huge island. Both the owner and the resident managers are a delight to deal with, and the house was spotlessly clean. The linens and towels were lovely as was the decorating. The beds were exceptionally comfortable hotel quality. I would recommend this property to anyone requiring a luxurious, peaceful vacation.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Our family's 2nd visit in last 2 years- the house is amazing. We had such a great time relaxing by the pool, making dinners in awesome kitchen and enjoying life and sharing this beautiful time together. The birds are singing songs, the air smells like perfume with flowers and views were outstanding you can see the whales jumping in the water. This place will make your vacation extra special, it feels like home- and spending time with family in the perfect setting will make memories that last forever! You cannot get this experience when your separated in condo's!! We can't wait until the next visit soon! Blessed! xoxo Ps- great location close to all beaches, excellent amenities, nice and friendly owners, lots of space for large groups and family's.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Enjoyed Rainbow Hale - lovely furnishings, beautiful view in a quiet area. Would stay there again!
Susan S., 5.15.16
- The overall quality of the Kalapana was great! We enjoyed our stay very much as it provided us with all of the things we were looking for in a rental. The condition and cleanliness were good, and I feel we would stay at this location again. By far the best thing about this rental was the views! Both of ocean and the mountains. Spectacular to say the least! We received outstanding customer service by the rental agent and the property owner. Highly recommended!
Joelene H., Dickinson, ND, 4.25.16
- Hated it. The hot water heater alarm went off intermittently throughout our stay including the wee hours of the morning. My girlfriend who was supposed to stay with me in that room off the main floor left and went to the Hyatt. My calls and requests for help went unreturned.
Ellen L., Healdsburg, CA, 4.5.16
- Jennie Graz did a great job. The house was perfect. This was the best family vacation we have had. I would book again again and again. Thank you
Robert P., Minneapolis, MN, 4.4.16
- Absolutely the best location near everything without driving. Easily handled our three generation family and the on site caretaker was a gem. Otherwise all of the other items listed above were above what we expected, and our booking agent Paige Peterson was great! Only (-) thing about VRA was the concierge service NEVER did get back to me about what to plan for our blank day 12 hours between checkout and our plane departure.
Gretchen K., White Bear Lake, MN, 3.31.16
- Hale Kohola was one of our best rental experiences ever. In fact, all of our rentals through HBR have been great. Getting back to Hale Kohola, Debbie Mitchell with MMS Maui Inc. was there to great us upon arrival. She was very thorough during her walk through and very helpful through out our stay as I had occasion to call her once or twice. The house itself was very unique in it's design. It was decorated beautifully and we enjoyed use and placement of a certain artist's work. The kitchen was fantastic and easy to use for several cooks at once. We liked "eating in" rather than "eating out". There were both an upstairs and a downstairs living areas plus lots of great out door spaces which allowed our party of 10 the space required to keep things peaceful. It was very apparent that the owners of this house had a keen appreciation for interior design. Plus there were sculpted whales hanging from the ceiling and other rooms. In my mind the best part of the house was the faux marble columns with interesting sculpted palm frond adornments. We were concerned before we got there about the distance from the beach but it turned out to be not a problem; Kahekilli beach was a short easy walk and there were at least 8 other fantastic beaches with in a 10 minute drive. The 7 points above were all met to the fullest. This house is a must rent for your next vacation. Tim Campbell, Calgary, Alberta, Canada March 31, 2016.
Timothy C., Calgary, AB, 3.31.16
- The Home itself was fine. They need a new coffee maker though. Also it would be fair to warn people that there are barking dogs in the neighborhood that bark all night. It was very annoying. The agent that booked me didn't say anything about that. She should have done her home work and told me about this. Also, when I arrived at the home, I had the incorrect instructions as to get into the home. This was not appreciated. There was no phone service, so I had to drive to get phone service and call the emergency number and get instructions to get into the home. Not cool!
Lori F., Bountiful, UT, 3.30.16
- When we entered we were met by the most stunning view out onto the garden and ocean. Every morning would wake up, see it again and again be gob smacked. The property was excellent. Only shortcoming was the lack of a third bathroom (although there is a third powder room/toilet). We spent many enjoyable hours in the large family/living room - stunning views. Kitchen was large, seating for eight, and well equiped. The pool and rear garden were where family spent most time. Small problem of empty BBQ gas bottle was quickly solved by Frank (thanks Mate!). Pool, garden and surrounds were unobtrusively maintained during our ten day stay. Easy walking to numerous great restaurants, shops and 'touristy' locations. I would NOT recommend it, because I don't everybody booking the times I want to come back !! My Thanks to Darla Hood for the fantastic assistance getting the booking arranged.
David H., Sandringham, VIC, 3.28.16
- We were very impressed with Serenity Beachfront Cottage. Loved the location. Four of us stayed there and it was the perfect size. It was clean. Comfortable. I would definitely recommend this house. I would most definitely rent this location again.
Sandra D., Lincoln Park, NJ, 3.28.16
- We felt Maui Sunset 302B is part of a wonderful complex. The maui sunset as a whole has great facilities. however the unit itself needed updating, it lacked a number of basic utensils in the kitchen, i.e.: knives for preparing food. As is we would not choose Maui sunset 302B again but would be happy to look for another unit in the complex.
Sarah A., Coldstream, BC, 3.28.16
- This was one of the best vacations our family has ever been on!!!! The house was perfect and I would not change anything. It was everything that we expected and more. There was a problem with the barbeque but someone was sent out right away and the problem was resolved. That was the only thing in the week that we were there that was not perfect. I would recommend this home to anyone and hopefully there will be a time when we can go back and stay again.
Judith P., Cypress, CA, 3.27.16
- Absolutely the best location,accommodations and grounds we've ever had for a family vacation. Son's,daughters, spouses and grandchildren "loved' it. On the flight home my wife and I looked back over the week and came to the same conclusion - we're coming back! Only regret, I haven't used your company before. Thank you! P.S. The tropical 'guest house' and separate pool just made it all the more perfect.
Charles H., 3.20.16
- The Maui Sunset complex is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate, they have a great pool and wonderful ocean front access. The specific room 401A was a disappointment. It is very old and dated. There was rust in the bathtub, there is only the bare minimum for dishes and utensils. I don't think there have been any upgrades to this condo since it was built in the 1970s. The cupboards are showing serious wear and there is unfinished tile work in the kitchen. On a positive note, they did offer Netfix which was a nice surprise. I would highly recommend the Maui Sunset complex, but I would never recommend unit 401A. We had family staying in two other units at the Maui Sunset and those rooms were terrific. It is likely we would stay at the Maui Sunset again but in a different unit.
Franshesca H., 3.10.16
- We were very happy with our stay at the Serenity Cottage. The home was exactly what we expected. There were no surprises and we were happy and comfortable. There were just 3 of us, 2 adults and one child. Plenty of space for us, but 4 adults would be pretty crowded. The location is the number one reason to stay here. Amazing access to a fantastic beach. With a small child in tow we could easily come and go from the beach multiple times a day. There were beach toys, chairs, and coolers available. It was an effortless way to spend our vacation, just playing and relaxing. The home is older, very classic Hawaiian in it's set up and appointments. However it was spotlessly clean and the beds and linens were good quality. The kitchen was well stocked and we were especially happy to have abundant supplies of things like soap, trash bags, and paper towels. The only quibble I have is that the BBQ is succumbing to the elements. One of the burners was rusted over and could not be lit. It will need to be replaced soon. That didn't stop us from grilling, it just meant only half of it was in use. We had a couple of issues come up while we were staying, and Misty, our contact, took care of them just fine. After staying in quite a few rental homes over the years in various locations around the world this is the best experience we have had. I would be delighted to stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
Ruth S., Seattle, WA, 2.29.16
- This house was wonderful. The way the sliding glass and screen opened up to the outside was like expanding the living area into the patio. During the day we would keep all the doors open around the living room and kitchen, it became just one BIG outdoor area. Beautiful!!! Customer service was great! They busted their butt to get us this fabulous house. I would book this house again and I highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. Everyday we would either go to the beach or site see and just enjoyed coming home to a beautiful view. You will love the sunsets here.
Clarence A M., 2.26.16
- Had a wonderful stay ... everything was just lovely. Thank you!
Margot K., La Conner, WA, 2.24.16
- We had a wonderful stay! The condo was lovely, fully equipped with everything we could need. Loads of linens and towels, and hangers! Simple, but there are never enough hangers! Enjoyed the beach, made good use of the hot tub! Booking was easy and directions simple. Would definately book again! Thank you!
Karen B., Seattle, WA, 2.22.16
- Ka Hale Kaiola was as shown in the pictures- beautiful, clean and with incredible views and beach access. Unfortunately the noise fr the YMCA is a deal breaker. While the sounds of children playing is okay, the sound system/loud speaker is over the top. The man running the camp for the 3 day weekend talked constantly over the intercom. The Sat and Sunday night music and screaming was unbelievable. My agent said he'd never had anyone complain- hard to believe.
Hans K., Boulder, CO, 2.21.16
- We were a large group of 8 adults and 5 children. The house accommodated all of us beautifully. The grounds were well kept and the pool was great fun, although a little cloudy because the bag on the mechanism that cleans the bottom of the pool would get full of plaster that is chipping on the bottom and would be too heavy to continue doing it's job. We had to clean it out at least 3 times. Or maybe not enough chlorine being used? Starting with the first night through the fourth night a stomach bug passed through the majority of the group, sparing only 4 children an 2 adults. We thought it was very strange because we came from different parts of the country and did not all eat the same thing after we arrived. We felt it was wise to reclean all surfaces and doorknobs throughout the house. Since the house was closed up when we arrived and there was no smell of bleach, I have to wonder if they use bleach regularly when they clean the house. I'm not so sure I would recommend renting a house to my friends.
Wendy H., Camas, WA, 2.18.16
1 - 100 of 930
Hawaii vacation reviews