- I fully enjoyed my stay at the Hibiscus Hale. It felt like home. The house was clean and very roomy. The kitchen is very spacious and stocked with all the kitchen gadgets needed. The fridge could have been turned on, cleaned and deordorized at least a week before we arrived; the pool filter needs a little upgrade, but other than those two small detaisl everything was great. I have recommended the rental to friends. Hawaii is one of my favorite places to visit during work or play and I would be more that happy to stay at the Hibiscus Hale again, it was a comfort I looked forward to returning to after having a very busy day. Mahalo
Hibiscus HaleAdd to Wish List
Hibiscus Hale (HAW-lay) is large, bright and elegantly appointed. A modern Hawaiian home, it's 2800 sq. ft may be easily shared by two families or 3 or 4 couples. more »
Yet it retains a sense of seclusion and privacy. In an upscale neighborhood on the slope of Mauna Loa, the wide lanai overlooks the yard, the sparkling pool, palms and landscaped tropical greenery. It is directly above downtown quaint, active Kailua Village, which is situated along a wide bay on the Kona Coast.
From Kona airport (KOA) make an easy drive nine miles south on Hwy 11 into Kailua Village, then eight blocks up the mountainside. The circular driveway has a covered portico. The entry leads to the inviting ambiance of the upper living space and lanai level, appointed with both modern art and traditional Hawaiian decor.
The glass back and side walls slide to open the living room to the tropical views of the lanai. There are large leather couches, a 60in. television, lounge chairs, and large stone coffee table. The dining area opens to the veranda view. Wood and glass cabinetry, dually accessible from dining area and kitchen, contains enough fine dinner ware to accommodate the largest group. The kitchen is fully equipped. It has a new gas stove and refrigerator, a food prep island, plus appliances and convenient gadgetry to suit need and culinary whim.
"PROVED MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN PHOTOS CAN DETAIL" Fred M. -Washington state
"THE BEDS WERE FANTASTIC" -Scott and Ann T. -New York
The master bedroom is spacious and quiet. It has a king bed, walk-in closet and private bath with a glass block shower. The bedroom has a high ceiling with a fan, air conditioning, television, window seat and warm wood window treatments. Its furniture, lamps and art pieces blend traditional and modern Hawaiiana.
The second bedroom, has a king bed, closet, ceiling fan, air conditioning and Hawaiiana furnishings to continue the thematic decor. There is an adjoining bath (not in-suite), again with a glass block shower.
Upstairs from the dining area is a carpeted cupola space with 360 degree views. Equipped as an office with high speed wireless internet, desk and chair plus lounge chair, lamps and small table, the room is a quiet workspace. . . easily adapted to a crow's nest hideout to sleep a few young pirates.
The lanai wraps around three sides of the house, accessible from each. This elevated veranda has a large gas BBQ, two porch swings, table and chairs. The left side brushes the canopy of our large producing mango tree. The right looks over a driveway extension with added parking space.
". . . POOL IS DiVINE, DECK IS GLORIOUS" -Mark and Elizabeth O. -Tennessee
Downstairs the third bedroom has a king bed, closet, ceiling fan and AC. A sliding glass door opens to the covered porch, the yard and gateway to the pool. Adjacent to the bedroom is a third bath and shower. A hallway accesses a linen closet and laundry room with washer, dryer and utility sink. There is work space and cabinets with cleaning supplies and small tools. The laundry room with a door to the yard, serves as a convenient changing room for pool use. There is a storage room for beach supplies.
"THE DOWNSTAIRS WAS LARGE ENOUGH FOR OUR KIDS TO HAVE THEIR OWN SPACE" Monica R. -Oregon
Also on the lower level, the fourth bedroom is the largest room in the house. It is carpeted, looks out to the back yard. It has two double beds, two dressers, AC, multiple ceiling fans and a dehumidifier. The room includes a recreation area with two love seats, a large lounge chair, a 48in. flat screen TV, wet bar, a game table with four chairs and a floor to ceiling book shelf stocked with books and table games. There is enough floor space for additional bedding if needed. (There is a full-size deluxe, self-inflating 9" thick air mattress w/bedding; takes 3 min. to set up. ) An interior doorway connects back to the third bedroom. Another sliding door provides separate entry to the side driveway.
The bright floral yard is enclosed by rock and wrought iron fence. It has gated steps to the spacious lower terrace pool area. This verdant oasis is surrounded by palms and flowering trees to create a secluded tropical play area. The pool is large, 18ft. x50ft. There is an outdoor shower, a bin of pool toys, ample pool furniture and a table with shade umbrella.
"WE MET A FAMILY GATHERING WHO RENTED MULTIPLE ROOMS AT A HOTEL. IT COST MUCH MORE THAN WE PAID AT HIBISCUS HALE. " F. M. -WA.
Hibiscus Hale is comfortable, fun and convenient. It quickly feels like a second home. We want it the house to welcome you with the spirit of Aloha. We are long-term owners. We provide local contacts who provide our pool, landscape, cleaning and handyman services. Furnishings are updated continually. The photos were taken by us (NOT altered by photoshop) and are updated to show the quality condition of the home. When you stay with us, We are pleased to offer FREE personal "CONCIERGE SERVICE" to share our knowledge and love of the Big Island. Ask the agent to have me E-mail or phone you. Knowing the make-up of your group and your activity interests, I will have definite suggestions to fit your itinerary. If there is something I don't know directly, I will know where we can find out! So. . . car rentals, restaurants, luaus, water sports, charters, golf, zip-lining, historical sites, volcano information, helicopter flights, Mauna Kea observatories, shopping, farmers' markets, unusual artisan shops, books to read, day trips, nearby secluded sandy beaches. . . ANYTHING, just ask. We have no commercial connection with anyone beyond sharing good experiences with you. John Kallio -updated July, 2012.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: 10 min drive to both active and secluded beaches nearby
- 4 Bedroom Private Home
- 3 full bathrooms
- Partial Ocean View
- Garden View
- Pool View
- A/C in 4 rooms
- Number of Floors: 3
- Outdoor Furniture
- Game Room
- Ceiling Fans
- Deck Furniture
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Fenced Yard
- Porch Furniture
- Beach Towels
- 3 king beds
- 2 double-full beds
- Beach Chairs
- Additional Outdoor Shower
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Garbage Disposal
- Wet Bar
- Coffee Grinder
- Stove Top Burner
- Wireless Internet
- Port-A-Crib/Pack N Play
- Baby Gate
- DVD Player
- Satellite/Cable Television
- Elderly Friendly
- Child Friendly
- No Smoking
- Horse Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Maximum Occupancy: 10 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 4 cars
- 2800 sq ft
- Partial ocean view from deck
- Full ocean view from portico
- 2 large screen televisions
- Coffee Grinder
- Rice Cooker
- 1 additional bedroom flatscreen TV
- Crock Pot
- The overall quality of your rental. Very good (4) Customer service : Excellent, immediate responded to all concerns. (5) Condition and cleanliness: Unit very clean, beach chairs and outdoor gear showing wear. (4) Overall satisfaction ;Very happy (4). Book the rental again? Too large for just 4 adults, Recommend for family group (4) Best part of your trip: Plenty of space, good parking, 5 minutes to town activities. (4) Anything else: Hot tub heater not functioning, awaiting parts and service. (1)
Donald D., San Rafael, CA, 3.3.13
- Hibiscus Hale was great. We loved the home and the layout. I am planning to use the main floor plan as a model for my retirement house. The weather and atmosphere was fantastic. The neighborhood was quiet, except for the wild roosters in the area that would give us a wake up call at dawn. The beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed great restaurants, beaches, snorkeling and fishing all within 15 minutes of the house. The waterfalls and the volcanoes were a day trip. If we plan to come to Hawaii again, Hibiscus Hale would be part of our plans and we would defiantly recommend the home.
Stephen B., Adrian, MI, 2.18.13
Location of rental in Kona
PRIVATE CALENDAR: Submit this form to check availability or call (800) 977-6723
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site.