- Nice vacation
- The unit was generally nice, the upstairs tub /shower step over distance is unsafe, they outside furniture is in need of refurbishing, the house keeping left a little to be desired, glasses were dirty!
Poipu Sands 222Add to Wish List
*Beautifully decorated, second floor 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo
*Spacious living area and guest bedroom are located at the entry level
*Large private master bedroom and bath upstairs with ocean views
*Master bath features a Jacuzzi tub
*For the chef, a well-appointed kitchen and dining area
Poipu Sands is located on over seven acres next door to the Grand Hyatt Kauai. These vacation rentals in sunny Poipu boast expansive green areas with tropical landscaping providing you with a large open grassy space and a carefree, beach resort lifestyle while relaxing in your spacious condo. Poipu Sands and the Grand Hyatt share a gateway to the Poipu Kai greenbelt giving everyone easy access to Shipwreck Beach (Keoneloa Bay) on one end and Poipu and Brenneckes beaches on the other. more »
Poipu Sands has its own swimming pool and tennis court as well as use of the Poipu Kai community swimming pool, hot tub and tennis courts. A thriving, friendly tennis community at Poipu Kai welcomes Kauais visitors with open arms. Several barbeque areas with comfortable sitting areas are throughout the Poipu Sands grounds.
Stroll down to Shipwreck Beach and watch the sunrise or climb the Mahaulepu Coastal Trail, which begins just beyond the beach. This trail is a special part of the Kauai History Heritage site and the last stretch of accessible coastline on the South Shore that has not been developed. This wonderful coastal hike takes you across a variety of terrain, from small sand dunes to sandstone pinnacles and even a sinkhole cave. The area provides a safe haven for marine life, such as sea turtles and the endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal. The trail leads to beautiful Mahaulepu Beach, a great place to spot whales in the winter or observe (from a distance) a monk seal napping on the beach.
Next door to the Sands, you can wander around the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spas lush tropical gardens or indulge in a reviving treatment at the world-class Anara Spa. This lovely setting lets you easily explore the natural wonders of our Garden Isle of Kauai, as well as dine at several delightful restaurants or enjoy the galleries and shops. Treat yourself to one of Kauais best luaus, featuring authentic dance, events and cuisine.
On the opposite side of the Hyatt, only a ten-minute walk away, is the world famous Poipu Bay Golf Course situated on 210 oceanfront acres. Challenging at all levels of play and yet fun for the novice as well, Poipu Bay hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994-2006.
Kauais Poipu Sands is an ideal location for a memorable holiday experience!
Transient accommodations tax id number:w00904446-03.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: 10 min walk to Beach
- 2 Bedroom Condo
- 2 full bathrooms
- Ocean View
- Partial Ocean View
- Number of Floors: 2
- Deck Furniture
- Beach Towels
- Ceiling Fans
- 1 king bed
- 1 queen bed
- Community Pool
- Bath Tub
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Coffee Maker
- Stove Top Burner
- Ice Maker
- Internet Access
- Wireless Internet
- DVD Player
- Hi Def Television
- Local Calls Included
- No Smoking
- Child Friendly
- No Pets
- Horse Riding
- Maximum Occupancy: 4 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 1 car
- 1600 sq ft
- We had a comfortable, relaxed stay.
- Service from Great Vacations was very good - they are willing to assist in any way to make your stay a good one. The condo is comfortable but could have been cleaner especially in the kitchen and dishes. Location is great and within walking distance to beaches, restaurants and retail. Development is quiet and well maintained (exterior); pool is good sized, clean and attractive. Location and ocean views make it a favorite place to stay.
- This was a beautiful condo! Would love to stay here again! The place had an ocean view and was close to lots of shops and restaurants. Very clean and so was the community and pool. The Hyatt is in walking distance right next door which was also very convenient for a late night bar date or nice dinner. Amy is great to work with!
Location of rental in Poipu
PRIVATE CALENDAR: Submit this form to check availability or call (800) 978-3594
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site.