- We stayed here for a week over Christmas, 2013. The room arrangements were good for us and our daughter, son-in-law and 4 year old grandson. The kitchen is well equipped. We enjoyed eating meals on the patio most of the time. More lighting is needed for evening dining (in winter when it gets dark earlier) on the patio. Weather was perfect - warm and dry, during our stay. Ten minute walk to Poipu Park and beaches for kids, snorkeling, and boogie boarding.
*2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo, only 100 yards from Shipwreck Beach
*Fully equipped and comfortably furnished to make you feel right at home
*Recently remodeled, this impressive interior includes beautiful works of art, crown molding, travertine tile floors, ceiling fans and more!
*King bed in master and queen AND twin in guest bedroom
*Close to parking, ground floor condo
Poipu Sands is located on over seven acres next door to the Grand Hyatt Kauai. These vacation rentals in sunny Poipu boast expansive green areas with tropical landscaping providing you with a large open grassy space and a carefree, beach resort lifestyle while relaxing in your spacious condo. Poipu Sands and the Grand Hyatt share a gateway to the Poipu Kai greenbelt giving everyone easy access to Shipwreck Beach (Keoneloa Bay) on one end and Poipu and Brenneckes beaches on the other. more »
Poipu Sands has its own swimming pool and tennis court as well as use of the Poipu Kai community swimming pool, hot tub and tennis courts. A thriving, friendly tennis community at Poipu Kai welcomes Kauais visitors with open arms. Several barbeque areas with comfortable sitting areas are throughout the Poipu Sands grounds.
Stroll down to Shipwreck Beach and watch the sunrise or climb the Mahaulepu Coastal Trail, which begins just beyond the beach. This trail is a special part of the Kauai History Heritage site and the last stretch of accessible coastline on the South Shore that has not been developed. This wonderful coastal hike takes you across a variety of terrain, from small sand dunes to sandstone pinnacles and even a sinkhole cave. The area provides a safe haven for marine life, such as sea turtles and the endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal. The trail leads to beautiful Mahaulepu Beach, a great place to spot whales in the winter or observe (from a distance) a monk seal napping on the beach.
Next door to the Sands, you can wander around the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spas lush tropical gardens or indulge in a reviving treatment at the world-class Anara Spa. This lovely setting lets you easily explore the natural wonders of our Garden Isle of Kauai, as well as dine at several delightful restaurants or enjoy the galleries and shops. Treat yourself to one of Kauais best luaus, featuring authentic dance, events and cuisine.
On the opposite side of the Hyatt, only a ten-minute walk away, is the world famous Poipu Bay Golf Course situated on 210 oceanfront acres. Challenging at all levels of play and yet fun for the novice as well, Poipu Bay hosted the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1994-2006.
Kauais Poipu Sands is an ideal location for a memorable holiday experience!
Unlimited free long distance calling to the US and Canada
Fully equipped kitchen
Complimentary Island Soap and CandleWorks toiletries
Starter kit of Kauai Coffee Company coffee and condiments provided
All linens including beach towels provided
Starter kit of paper and cleaning products such as toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. provided
Master Bedroom: king bed
Guest Bedroom: 1 queen bed and 1 twin bed
Tax Identification: w80846869-01.
Features and Amenities
- Beach: 1 min walk to 100 yards from Shipwreck beach
- 2 Bedroom Condo
- 2 full bathrooms
- Partial Ocean View
- Garden View
- Porch Furniture
- Outdoor Furniture
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Beach Towels
- Ceiling Fans
- 1 king bed
- 1 queen bed
- 1 twin bed
- Heated Pool
- Community Pool
- Hot Tub
- Bath Tub
- Community Tennis
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Coffee Maker
- Stove Top Burner
- Ice Maker
- Garbage Disposal
- Wireless Internet
- Internet Access
- Hi Def Television
- DVD Player
- Satellite/Cable Television
- Long Distance Included
- Local Calls Included
- Child Friendly
- No Smoking
- Elderly Friendly
- Handicapped Access
- No Pets
- Horse Riding
- Maximum Occupancy: 5 people
- Maximum Cars Allowed on Property: 1 car
- 1580 sq ft
- Rating: 4
- We stayed in this condo for a week over Christmas and it was very open and comfortable, making it easy for entertaining other family staying on the island. The couple of issues we had when we first arrived were addressed immediately by local staff. Suggested improvements are better cooking pans/utensils and bedding that fits the beds (no matter how well you make them they still look sloppy).
- We loved this beautifully appointed walk-out unit. Each room boasts fine artwork. Owners and/or previous guests have left many useful amenities such as beach gear, books and travel advice galore! The kitchen is well-equiped enough to host large party (we did). Location is sunny and beautiful. My 80 year-old mother found the unit accessible and the furniture comfortable. Well worth the price - I would return to this unit in a heartbeat. Delightful stay!
Location of rental in Poipu
PRIVATE CALENDAR: Submit this form to check availability or call (800) 853-0787
We provide marketing services for Hawaii vacation rentals and act solely as an intermediary between Property Managers and Travelers. We are not a real estate broker, lender or seller. We do not, under any circumstances, for compensation or valuable consideration, sell or offer to sell, buy or offer to buy, or negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange of real estate, or list, or solicit for prospective purchasers, or lease or offer to lease, or rent of offer to rent, or manage or offer to manage, any real estate or options on any of the rentals posted on this site.