- The location and layout of the condo was perfect but it was filthy. We arrived to dead cockroaches on the floor and it looked like no one had cleaned for a year. Cockroach traps were on the kitchen and bathroom counters and dead cockroaches were in the cabinets. We had to wash the dishes before using them and the cupboards haven't been cleaned in a year. Our feet were black from walking on the floors that hadn't been washed, inches of dust were everywhere and the mirrors hadn't been cleaned. I was going to clean them but there wasn't any glass cleaner.
- The bathroom floor was disgusting and the hair ball in the shower indicated it hadn't been cleaned.
- We couldn't stand the filth but had to go buy a sponge because the one under the sink wasn't fit to clean a toilet. I tried to mop the floors, but the mop was so filthy that it just spread the dirt around. We washed the sheets before sleeping on them which was not a good way to start a vacation.
- Something gross was spilled on the bathroom door and the fridge door was covered with grime.
- Cockroaches ran out of the coffee pot, toaster and oven when we tried to use them. We planned on having meals at the condo but we didn't want to get sick.
- We understand that pests are common in Maui, but in our over 20 trips to paradise we've never seen anything like this.
- You need to get a refund from your cleaning person and hire someone who will do a thorough cleaning. You might want to check the condition of the unit before guests arrive.
- We love the Island Surf! We would not recommend this unit or book it again until it met minimal cleanliness standards.
- We have photos available of the conditions we faced if you are interested in addressing them with your cleaning crew.
Gary W., Seattle, WA, 10.17.19