- After waiting 10 months to enjoy this rental we were very disappointed. A lot of my comments have to do with our personal preferences so naturally what didn't work for us might be just fine for someone else.
- We were not expecting the intense heat in this house. The fans were not operational and it took two days for the management company to get someone to the house to fix the overhead fan in the master bedroom. It really did no good as it was now suck in Typhoon Mode and all it did was blow very hot air. We went out and purchased batteries for all the remotes which don't work and there are no wall controls. Even with windows, blinds and doors closed during the day, the home has a western face so you get blasted with the afternoon sun. We had 5 floor fans going at all times to try to circulate air but it really was worthless. Outdoors in the morning were wonderful as the views are spectacular. Evenings, we couldn't sit outside because of the mosquitos. The master bedroom has a siding door and window and we just left all the sliding doors open at night to try to cool the house. My son-in-law was very concerned for safety but we found the neighborhood quiet and very safe and very enjoyable.
- The second bedroom has very little circulation and the 3rd bedroom, you really bake as the window doesn't open and is nothing but a huge glass plate in which to heat up the room. We were all miserable.
- The home says one level but it's not. Each room has a step down or step up. Coming in from the garage there are two steps and a great way to lose groceries. There is a ramp from the entry door down to the dining level and then you step down into the living area. This was extremely hazardous with a 13 month old. Grandma here took a nosedive as I forgot about the step down from the bathroom into the master bedroom late one night in the dark. Oh, and the bathroom doesn't have a door so if you like privacy, forget this house. My husband rigged a shower rod and curtain through the door frame.
- We ended up moving over to the Plantation Condominiums and shared a two bedroom for the duration of our stay and enjoyed it very much.
- We were told we could use the pool at the Makai Golf Course for a fee. For 150.00 per person, not 15.00 per day which is what I was quoted when I made the reservation. We actually would have paid it but they don't allow children under 18. Another item we weren't told about.
- This home is managed by Remax Kauai and they were very good with their communications and when a home opened we were allowed to move to an A/C condo and even though it was smaller, worked well for us. We now had a pool for the grandbaby and family.
- This home was very well equipped, great appliances, housewares, lots of spices which was a pleasant surprise, lots of beach toys, beach towels, beach chairs as we used all of these items every day when we went over to Anini Beach to get out of the heat. It was very clean upon our arrival and were very happy with the amount of good quality towels. They even had bikes to use but the tires were flat and no pump. The house is lovely, it just didn't work for a family with a baby as everything is tile and too many steps to watch out for all of us. I would suggest this for a family with older kids, not babies and naturally heat is subjective but we were all miserable.
Cyndi B., Grass valley, CA, 10.13.18