- Kauai vacation reviews
101 - 200 of 396
Kauai vacation reviews
- Highly recommend "Hana Hou Hale" Beautiful house. Lovely oceanfront property with breathtaking views. Booking agent Mary and contact agent Louie were wonderful and helped us with anything we needed. We enjoyed the well equipped kitchen and house and the near by beaches and hotels. Beds and pillows were comfortable, but I would recommend new pillows and sheets for a rental of this price. Pillows and sheets were badly stained and not even bleaching the cases helped. These are small details and imperfections, but attention to them can make a difference! Overall staying in the house with three families was very enjoyable and a memorable experience.
Georgina W., Vestal, NY, 1.7.14
- The area this house is in is NOT at all desirable. It is visually beautiful, but far from any points of interest, and the ocean is very rocky and active. The house itself is fine, though there is no TV in the living room and the TV in the master isn't hooked up correctly and therefore was inoperable. I wish we had not stayed here, and actually spent our last night in a hotel.
Brandy L., Studio City, CA, 1.6.14
- Our stay was at Waipouli Beach Resort in unit G404. The unit itself was terrific. It was clean and well maintained. The furnishings were comfortable, of good quality and in great shape. The kitchen was well supplied. The view was an unobstructed ocean scene which is hard to beat. Personally, we would rent this unit again for future visits to Kauai. Dealing with Hawaiian Beach Rentals was excellent. The communication and response to any questions was clear and immediate. The only negative to me was that there was no barbecue for each unit, but was in a community shared area.
Kelly C., 1.5.14
- We had a very very nice stay. The unit is some what dated and needs some maintenance . The cleanliness was good except for a couple of cockroaches here and there...however they were dead.
Mary M., Sacramento, CA, 1.4.14
- Am amazing week! We loved the home, the location, and the island and would absolutely book this trip and home again in the future. Our only request was that we would have loved to have beach chairs as part of the rental and possible a mid-week maid service included in the price as for a 14-day rental it would have been nice to have this included at least one time mid-stay as we did a lot of laundry to have clean towels the entire stay. Otherwise, fabulous all around!!!! Thank you
Christine D., Washington DC, DC, 1.3.14
- The quality was good but not excellent. Showing a bit a wear and tear, age or salt mist distress. Booking agents were excellent. Cleanliness was okay but ran into a few hairs in the sheets. The view and location was excellent. Likely would have rented again but had a terrible experience with the maids on the way out. They were extremely rude and treated us like criminals for leaving at 1045 rather then the 10 sharp check out.
Tim D., 12.29.13
- House was great! It was clean and had everything we needed. We had our 1 and 3 year old with us. House is kid friendly so long as you rent baby gate for stairs and patio. House even had a high chair and brand new in the package sponge for washing dishes. It had garbage bags, beach towels and great beach chairs. We had a few run ins with bugs...but this is to be expected anywhere in Hawaii with a beach in the front and a jungle in the back. The beach is by far the best for children and families. We were there in December and there is no deep drop offs or high surf near the shore. The owner even had fresh flowers for us when we arrived. I would definitely stay again.
Stephanie L., Las Vegas, NV, 12.12.13
- Our family of 6 adults loved Hale Nalu! Immaculate upon arrival, very complete kitchen, priceless location and views, good privacy. Somehow we missed the info about the dozen outside stairs to get down to the beach. We loved dining on the deck and never having to change to go out for any meals. Renting a house made this the most relaxing vaca we have ever had! From "our" patio we saw whales, dolphins, turtles, surfers, and maybe a shark. While wading at Baby Beach a turtle came within an inch! If we had to change anything it would be the great room furniture. We found the day-bed style couch & chairs too deep to be comfortable and not enough seating for 6.
Pam N., Littleton, CO, 12.3.13
- the stay was wonderful. Quality, service, cleanliness and yes to recommending. Best part was the location and absolute quiet and rest. Being so far out we would have wanted the the fins and equipment to be in better shape. Fins unusable. Long drive to town to rent what was listed as provided. Beach chair with broken strap....Not much to complain about overall....
Sharron S., Newport Beach CA, CA, 11.14.13
- The overall quality was excellant. The one screen needs repair. All the lights needed cleaning. The door under the sink (cupboard door needs something, it opens on its own.) Other than that everything was exceptional. Loved the location, Loved the house, absolutely no compaints.
Carol B., Nipissing, ON, 11.14.13
- I personally like to "Thank you ". It was our first time to staying at a condo instead of a hotel. Before arriving we received all of the instructions how to get in our condo. The instructions were very clear and simple. The minute we opened the door to our condo we were impressed at how nice it was and were also impressed at how everything looked. It is 100 % better than the picture we saw on the internet. There were all new appliances, clean bedrooms, bathrooms and comfortable beds. And everything was set for a comfortable (awesome) vacation. Kitchen was fully stocked and everything was in excellent condition. Waipouli Beach Resort has a beautiful beach, pool area and several hot tub areas. We had a pleasant time in Kauai and also renting property from Vacation Rental was an excellent experience for us. Thank you for making our vacation plesant.
Olena B., 11.11.13
- We had a lovely time in Kauai and the house was perfect for our family. We were able to spread out and found the kitchen well-stocked and able to cook delicious meals with a table big enough for our entire family. The view from the deck was so beautiful and we loved the small pool! We will carry the memories with us for a very long time. (written October 2011)
- Beautiful Bird of Paradise! We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Kauai. We found "Bird of Paradise" by going to vacation home rentals available in Poipu and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The house is beautiful. Well stocked, complete with beach towels, snorkel gear, boogie boards and beach chairs. The laundry room was great for the 8 of us as it is equipped with 2 washers and 2 dryers. The kitchen was well equipped as well, complete with lots of pots and pans, dishes, cutlery and even a waffle iron. (makes excellent waffles :) The bedrooms were cozy, lots of closet space. The suite away from the main house was great! My daughter and grandaughter stayed there and they had there own entrance, frige,microwave and t.v. Nice and private for earlier bedtimes. Ning Gulari was awesome at communicating months before our trip. She always returned e-mails promptly. We were also happy with our security deposit refund. Received it via pay-pal before our bags were unpacked. The home is spacious, clean and is in an excellent neighbourhood. Close to beaches, pool and even a small shopping mall. We treated it like we would our own home and would not hesitate to recommend it anyone. For anyone lucky enough to be heading to Kauai with a larger group this is a great home to stay in. (written June 2009)
- Our family of 7 (6 adults and one teen) had a fabulous time at your beautiful home. The house was so spacious and comfortable for all of us and we never felt crowded. We even had a honeymooning couple in the seperate master guest room and they were in complete privacy when they wanted it. Your home lacked nothing in amenities, and we especially appreciated the brand new snorkelling equipment and boogie boards that were waiting for us. The guidebooks in the home were really helpful, and the location couldn't have been more convenient for walking to either Poipu Beach or Shipwreck Beach. We were able to easily walk to the Hyatt Luau (which was very good and we would highly recommend). Every morning we marvelled in the gorgeous sunrises while eating our breakfast on the lanai. We savored the views and tradewinds each afternoon while relaxing on the loungechairs on the lanai and shared stories from our day. The experience will leave a forever lasting memory. The best overall word to describe the house is comfortable, but it was so much more! (written September 2011)
- Fantastic!! This was truly our home away from home vacation. We had such a wonderful time at the Bird of Paradise home and would fully recommend it to anyone!!! We spent 5 nights in Kauai and then 4 in Honolulu at a hotel. We have already decided that we will definitely return to Kauai! This island truly is paradise!! (written October 2011)
- Thank you for sharing your wonderful home. We had a Christmas and New years family reunion we will never forget.We were 6 adults and 2 children and there was plenty of room and privacy for all. Everything you could possibly need was provided for, from two washers and dryers to boogie boards,beach towels ,a well stocked kitchen and a beautiful view. We also loved the pool.We will definitely stay in this home again if we are ever in the area. Mahalo (written January 2012)
- Beautiful! perfect for the family. Well stocked.
Christine M., 10.27.13
- We were on the island for a wedding. Two cousins had not seen each other for close to 16 years. The unit was an absolute treasure. Clean, comfortable and everything in great working order. I would definitely stay here again and will also be recommending it to my friends and family. Thank you for assisting with a most memorable trip.
M A., 10.13.13
- A wonderful property. The view and peacefulness are the best! This place has everything one could need. The complex is beautifully landscaped and the pool is very nice. The access to the beach is so wonderful! The booking agent was wonderful as was the property manager. The unit was generally clean although it could use a deep cleaning in some of the out of the way places like bathroom light covers and paneling along the wall in the entry and living room was dirty. All of the window screens were dirty. But as I said, it was generally clean- just needs a good spring cleaning. The beds were comfortable. It was wonderful having ceiling fans! The unit was very quiet and peaceful. We appreciated the fully appointed kitchen. We were very happy with our home away from home and would highly recommend it. We would most definitely stay here again. Thank you so much!
Carol E., 10.4.13
- Great condo and resort! Top end quality for our condo and the resort. Condo was spacious and well equipped. Read the kitchen was lacking but it had many appliances and plenty of cooking, eating, and dishware. Nice to have the washer/dryer. Beautiful grounds. Kids loved the pool. Good customer service. A/C went out on 4th day(blown compressor). The property manager had them come in next morning. Offered to refund some of our cost. Things happen. Fans helped. Will come back here again no doubt. Love Kauai. Oh yea. Very quiet complex. Lots of families. Ocean a few steps away from condo. Go!!!!
Silvia L., 8.27.13
- This is a beautiful property with [literally] a postcard view from the beach right out back. The house is wonderfully furnished with all the kitchen utensils you could need for a stay. (Well maybe not a turkey platter or fish knives for six, but champagne glasses with which to toast sunrise over Bali Hai!) The grounds and houses were very clean and the property manager, was helpful and very easy to work with. I would return in a heartbeat. You're essentially at the end of the road at the end of the state at the end of the country, so cell phone and internet can be a bit spotty. If you live online 24/7 be prepared (though you probably shouldn't go to Haena in the first place).
Steve S., Chicago, IL, 8.14.13
- Nice home- could use some updating, box springs on the beds and a television that worked in the living room though. Liked the golf course location and the pool. Would recommend it to friends with those exceptions.
Dave S., Andover, MN, 8.14.13
- There were 10 in our party and the house accommodated us nicely. We enjoyed our stay very much. The house is in a perfect location and the solar heated pool was a plus. I would give it 5 stars but the carpet on the stairs was filthy and the tub in the upstairs bath was stopped up. The fan in the upstairs living area needs repair as well as the kitchen faucet. These repairs are minor and we would consider renting the house again.
Joanne C., San Luis Obispo, CA, 8.5.13
- Overall quality is excellent. The kitchen especially is very well-appointed with a full range of cooking accoutrements and handy items like saran wrap and paper towels. The decor is stunning and one can immediately tell the attention to detail that the designer brought to the condo. It comes equipped with a plethora of beach towels and gear. The view from Pua Poa as well as its location are both fantastic, and for the adventurous soul, a trek down to hideaways beach is worth the peril. The booking agents were all very helpful with lots of aloha. The sad thing is I would not book this rental again because their brand new top of the line super fancy washer broke a few days into our trip. Because it was under warranty, it was not fixed by the time we left and we were not given any alternative place to launder our clothes. Since being able to wash clothes and towels for our little ones was the primary reason for renting vs. booking a nice hotel, obviously having a broken washer was not great for us and our needs. Other than that, it was a fabulous condo.
Courtney R., 7.30.13
- Dear Bruna, Ka Hale o Luina was EXACTLY what we were looking for after completing an intense year long project! We had the most wonderful and relaxing time and happily look forward to the next time we can return! Everything was perfect! Best, Patty and Luc
Luc E., Hermosa beach, CA, 7.24.13
- FIVE STARS for gorgeous Hale Ohana Kauai *****Our family enjoyed a fabulous vacation in this amazing house in an idyllic setting. The house is a destination in itself, with the private baths in every bedroom, a family size kitchen, the loft ceilings, and the incredible views from every room. The huge lanai was the perfect place to lounge in the shade, enjoy the sunset, eat dinner, or watch the ocean. The grassy lawn was a fun place to frolic, do yoga, or sunbathe. We even saw sea turtles at nearby Baby Beach. We booked excursions through the concierge, which was nice because she made sure they departed close to where we were staying, for our convenience. Everything went smoothly with all our arrangements in booking for the entire trip. The condition and cleanliness of the house was excellent. The kitchen was furnished with all the pots, utensils, glassware and dishes we needed, and then some! The ceiling fans and large patio doors kept us comfortable (along with the trade winds) most all the time. I noticed that some people complained about a lack of air conditioning. I can't imagine ever wanting to shut all the doors and windows in Hawaii. We knew that we were vacationing on a tropical island and were prepared to go swimming if we got warm! Besides, one of the very best things about Hale Ohana Kauai is hearing the surf. From Hale Ohana we could walk to a very new shopping center that has high end stores, nice restaurants, and a gourmet farmer's market once a week. All in all, it was a perfect vacation in paradise!
Marilyn W., La Verne, CA, 7.24.13
- Beautiful home. Excellent snorkeling just in the backyard! LOVED the pool. We would definitely rent this house again and will recommend the home. Thank you.
Augusto V. S., St. Albert, AB, 7.23.13
- We had an incredible time and the place was fantastic. We will book with you folks again. No issues what so ever.
Brad W., 7.14.13
- Our stay at Pali Ke Kua 230 was fantastic. The view from the living room and lanai is breathtaking. We found the beautiful condo to be very clean, and had every amenity we would need to have a comfortable stay. The daily visits by the local cardinals on the lanai were an unexpected treat. When we return to Kauai we hope that this condo will be available because it would absolutely be our first choice.
Michael D., 6.26.13
- Great house all way round. Has a short and direct path to the beach. House has a huge back yard with beautiful mountain views. Very little street noise. And, yes we would be more than open to staying here again. Barry Sonoma
Barry A., Sonoma, CA, 6.19.13
- A wonderful vacation rental at a spectacular location! The house was clean and stocked with all the amenities of home. The surrounding property was well maintained and lush with tropical foliage. We spent most of our time on the large front lanai and had a beautiful view of the ocean, which is located across a quiet dirt road. All the beach supplies (chairs, towels, floaties, snorkel equip and toys) were available and in good condition. Very respectful and personable owner. We love Anini beach and would most definitely recommend this home to anyone who visits Kauai :-)
Iris S., Bellevue, WA, 5.8.13
- Our stay at A404 was wonderful and everything we expected. For parents of 2 young boys (turning 2 and 3), it was a great condo layout with plenty of bathrooms when multiple people need the potty! We would have given a perfect 5 star rating had the following been met: 1) consistent wifi connection - the wifi was great when it worked, however, we would need to switch between the resorts free 24-hour wifi (which required going through another connection and an online agreement) and the router in the condo every 24-hours. Being from the Bay Area, we are heavy wifi users - both of our kids have ipads and ipods, my husband and I have 2 laptops, 2 iphones, a total of 8 devices, of which 4 required connection at once. 2) Brita water pitcher - this is more of a "nice to have" - since the fridge does not provide filtered water, or ice cubes, we were left to buy water. All in all, this was such a lovely unit, with a gourmet kitchen and utensils which made it so easy for cooking meals, and cleaning dishes! The ocean views were amazing, seeing the sunrise, and listening to the ocean made for a relaxing time. We also appreciated the location of this resort, as its right across the street from Safeway, Starbucks and other eateries. The customer service was professional and responsive. One of the patio door locks fell off and the screen from the screen door came off - someone came over and fixed them all while we were out touring the island. We also LOVED the keyless entry to the unit....there's no key to lose when out at the pool or beach!! This is a wonderful feature!! I would highly recommend staying here and would be happy to come back again. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Gina K., 4.30.13
- House was nice but some basic additions would make it great! - Repair flat tire on bike in garage so it could be used - Repair patio door in master bedroom so it can lock - guests would feel safer! - Provide basic scale for guests to check luggage weight - Wash towels just before guests arrive - they had a dusty, musty smell - Check house phone - had some issues with making local calls. It would work for one or two calls then die. Battery is charged so not sure what the issue was.
Donna T., 4.9.13
- The Honulani exceeded our expectations! The photographs on the website don't do it justice. And the reviews about fishermen on the wall had me a bit worried, but lo, not one fisherman all week. We had the most private, comfortable, relaxing stay at the Honulani! Making arrangements with Vacation Rental Agent were smooth and easy. Only one small complaint - I called to ask if the Honulani has Wifi, and the agent never returned my call even though I left both the house phone number and my cell. The home was immaculate, and we were greeted with fresh Hawaiian flowers in the entryway. The public rooms are large and comfortably furnished. The master bedroom is spacious, and the other bedrooms were perfectly comfortable for our 4 children ages 17-25. The kitchen is equipped with everything you could possibly need and more. Unlike other rentals I've used, this one was supplied with plenty of everyday needs - soap, tissues, paper towels, etc. There is even one closet with an abundance of beach towels. There were straw beach mats in the garage, and even a couple of sun hats. All these touches made us feel right at home! Sitting on the deck each morning to enjoy the ocean view was like a dream - it's postcard perfect. We snorkeled right in front of the house, swam in the pool, and loved the large backyard for frisbee. We would definitely book this rental again and recommend it to our friends. We were out each day enjoying beautiful Kauai, hiking, kayaking, boating, visiting the nearby botanical gardens, but it was wonderful to come back to the Honulani to relax and be together. We all feel very spoiled after staying in this beautiful home!
Gerilyn D., Fair Oaks, CA, 4.2.13
- Kauai Paradise house is perfectly located for exploring the north shore. The ocean views are wonderful and every night we were lulled to sleep by the sound of waves. It is in a rural and quiet location. The convenience of having Wainhia General Store and Red Hot Mamas right across the street was amazing. Although it is set on the main highway, the daytime traffic was not an issue as it doesn't pick up until about 10am and after 6pm it dwindles to hardly anything. The house is clean and well maintained. The two master suites are spacious and comfortable with sliding doors to lanai and ocean views. The third bedroom suite is smaller with no view, but plenty of room for two. We took full advantage of the kitchen which was very well stocked for cooking nice dinners for the 5 of us. The only complaint here is the knives. They were extremely dull, as was the knife sharpener. If you like to walk, plan to get in your car (or kayak!) first. The beach (located across a river channel) is not easily accessible and the highway is narrow with no sidewalks. The one-way bridges make walking in the area especially challenging. But, there are plenty of parking areas and beach access points within 1/2 mile either way of the house. You also need to be very quiet in the evenings, as small children living next door to the east go to bed early. We were a bit shocked when, enjoying a game of cards on the lanai at 9:30pm, the mother screamed at us and used a few four letter words without any prior warning. So, we took our evening games indoors for the rest of the week. Too bad she had to be so nasty. Overall, we are very happy with our experience and would definitely stay there again.
Debra S., Glendale, CA, 3.27.13
- Amazing location on the North Shore! Simple, clean and charming home had everything we wanted. Comfy king bed, nice shower, large manicured backyard, grill, screened in porch. Couldn't have been happier. Leasing agent was very nice and gave us some great advice and recommendations.
Michael K., Chicago, IL, 3.10.13
- I would love to say that staying in this condo was exceptional, but it wasn't. I am new to the vacation condo scene and went in with my eyes wide open. However, upon arriving, we discovered that the fridge was on the fritz and had been for a few days, as all of the ice in the ice maker and a full bag of ice in the freezer was melted and the entire unit was very warm. Thinking maybe it was just recently turned on, we left it running and started our vacation. When we returned later that night, it was still warm. I contacted Liz, the local rep, and she sent a handyman over right away. He couldn't fix it, so he brought us a cooler with some ice. The next day, we spent the entire day waiting for a fix. After threatening to leave, Liz finally called to let me know what was going on. Still no fridge. Chip, the handyman was kind enough to bring his personal mini fridge for us to use during our stay. We ended up eating out alot, having only enough room for about one meal at a time in the fridge. Chip was a Godsend! Obviously, no one had checked the condo prior to our arrival. Besides the fridge, the unit could have been a lot cleaner. Not terrible but not great either. To solve a lot of the problems we had, all we needed was a representative to meet us there and take us through some items. How to work the TV, where things were stored, what the check out policy was, etc, or at least something in writing and where it was located. On a positive note, the location was wonderful for watching whales, turtles and the ocean in general. The weather could have been better, but it was February in Princeville so it was wet with high wind and surf, so it was expected. The walk down to the little beach was quite a workout so only went once but it was beautiful. The stores were very close by and we used them a lot. A little pricey compared to the Big Island where I live, but doable. Still had a lot of fun and would go back to Kauai but might look for a different condo.
Shelane H., 3.7.13
- Really great condo... great value for money. Clean, well maintained and excellent location. Safeway across the street so very convenient. Pool and hot tubs were awesome! Very comfortable beds. Large kitchen with high end appliances. Only complaints are that the kitchen needs a good knife and another larger cutting board. Otherwise, it was perfect and we'd definitely stay there again.
Jane H., 3.4.13
- Very good condo. As advertised. Great views. Wonderful amenities inside and out of the room. Would stay here again next visit to Kauai. Great location in Kapaa across the street from Safeway and other shopping including the islands best ice cream store. All arrangements for rental were handled professionally. Rental was clean and will stocked. Bedroom pillows could be better if I had to gripe about anything. Highly recommended nonetheless.
Naeem H., 3.4.13
- This is the best value we have been able to find anywhere in Hawaii. It is our third time and we plan to return.
Donald L., Vancouver, WA, 2.23.13
- The house location and amentities were perfect -- it's a comfortable home, with a well-stocked kitchen, and storage area with swim and sports equipment. We appreciated being met by the property manager, Ginny, who was very nice and provided lovely local snacks to welcome us. The negatives: the left from burner on the stove wasn't working and the valve on the toilet between the two guest rooms leaked, causing the toilet to run every 10 mins.
Stefanie P., Orinda, CA, 2.19.13
- Our week at Hana Hou Hale was a retirement gift from my husband to our four daughters and their partners. It was perfect. From the ease of booking , the excellent information for entry to the home, and the great service from the house maintainance personnel everything went very smoothly. Hana Hou Hale is a beautiful home. Spotless, everything one could want in the kitchen, and everything worked! The home is literally right on the ocean, and it's Poipu location was great for hiking, snorkeling, swimming, trips to Weimea Canyon or just sitting on the lanai turtle and whale watching. We highly recommend this rental and hope to return.
Sue B., Salt Spring Island, BC, 1.22.13
- Kahalelehua was simply outstanding. It is a beautiful house, ideally situated and well-stocked with towels, linen, etc. It was in immaculate condition when we arrived. We would definitely book this home again. A credit to the owners. Thank you.
Damon S., Sydney, 1.17.13
- We loved Hale Naue and found all of the amenities excellent. The location right on the beach could not be better and loved to hear the roar of the ocean every night. The home was very spacious and very nicely furnished. The whole experience was great, from the booking agent to the house manager. Unfortunately we were not blessed with sunny and rainless days throughout most of our stay, so we spent most of our days on the south end of the island. Can't do much about that! It was still beautiful and a great way to spend a relaxing holiday together. Mahalo! The Lumbards
Kelly L., Brandon, MB, 1.16.13
- The rental couldn't have been more perfect for our family of 10, including 3 granddaughters ages 1, 2-1/2 and 6. We would rent it again in a heart beat.
Aleta L., Indianola, WA, 1.1.13
- We have stayed in vacation rentals around the work and I'm glad to say this was one of the best. Its clear the home is a labor of love. From the thoroughness in which the house has been set up and appointed to the beach toys available for the kids, the finer touches are all here. I could go on and on about the house but the beach is where the magic is. We spent nearly all of our time on the deck (truly a slice of heaven) and the beach in search of the perfect shell. Haena is quite possibly the most picturesque place on the planet and this home is the perfect place to enjoy it from. Thanks for having us - I hope we can come back soon.
Jeff B., 12.11.12
- This was a lovely location, right at Baby Beach. The house is in excellent condition bar the broken hinge in the kitchen. The rooms are a good size with great lanais off all rooms facing the ocean. The area is quiet and well kept. we thoroughly enjoyed our week on Kauaii and look forward to our next visit.
Karen M., Portland, OR, 12.6.12
- Absolutely fabulous...hope we can come back! Thanks to Ginny and Laurel....I have told all our friends how great it was.....Mahalo to all! Katie Radler
Kathleen R., Alamo, CA, 12.1.12
- The room was great - as usual! Our ONLY complaint is that we could NOT get ahold of our rental agent. We left voice mails messages and emails and NEVER heard back from her! This was not our first stay at Waipouli - nor our last - but will be our last time renting from this agency.
Bobbie C., 11.27.12
- The view from our unit was spectacular. The marble floors were stunning. The condo had not been cleaned prior to our arrival and sheets had to be changed on the beds. There was dust and hair on the floor and sand in the beds. The oven was dirty so we didn't use it. The microwave is broken and the master bedroom door sticks so much it makes a huge noise when you open it. There is little or no cell reception from AT&T use. The wifi stated on the website had to be delivered after we made a phone call after our arrival to discover there was none. One couple used the king bed. The other couple crammed on one of the small beds since no bed joiner was provided. Construction on the unit next door cause hammering constantly. There was a water shut off for a day due to some problem. There was dust blobs hanging off the ceiling fans. The ceiling fan in the MBr sounds like an aerosol can is being dispersed for the first 45 minutes of operation.
Susanne L., 11.14.12
- We stayed for the second time in Waipouli Condo A-404 and again had a great time there. The unit is everything that we had hoped, clean, comfortable and well equiped. Our booking agent looked after our needs in an exemplary fashion. A-404 is a premier place to spend a vacation and we would highly recommend it to all.
Pearl C., Gibbons, AB, 11.6.12
- Fantastic! Was the best part of the trip. The back lanai looking over the ocean was fantastic. If the owners ever want to sell. Put me on line! Great place and we plan on making a trip there a family tradition
Shannon W., Murphy, TX, 9.29.12
- Kuhio Shores 211 is located on a beautiful property but the unit itself is in desperate need of updating. The unit was clean but the furniture is not comfortable, older TV with no DVD player but a VCR (who uses VCRs anymore?), appliances are on their last leg (can't put much in the refrigerator or it stops working, dishwasher leaks). The drapes in the bedrooms need to be replaced with shutters (or at least a blackout curtain) in order to keep out the light from outdoor lights at night. Unit location is good and the view of the ocean is spectacular. I would not recommend this unit to others but would recommend Kuhio Shores. I will hold off reviewing your agency until I see how long it takes to get my deposit returned (up to 60 days is ridiculous!)
Cindy S., San Ramon, CA, 9.17.12
- This was a great place with lots of down home charm. The description is pretty accurate ,the only thing I would say while it is across from the beach you do not have beach aces from there. The beach is not far just a few blocks away. Really near town,stores and restaurants are easily available. Great location. The two favorites of our trip was the weimea canyon and even though it is expensive do the boat ride down the Na'Pail coast you won't regret it. most of all be prepared for rain and roasters.
Leslie F., San Geronimo, CA, 9.12.12
- We had a great stay at Pali Ke Kua 241. We were able to book it on short notice, and stayed for six nights. The unit is very well located, within 10 minutes walking distance to several nice beaches including one on Hanalei Bay itself. The unit was very clean when we arrived, and although we had some maintenance issues (lights out) during our stay, the staff was very responsive. We would definitely return.
Jim K., 8.25.12
- We stayed at Hale Ohana to celebrate my husbands 40th bday. The house was beautiful and we absolutely loved the views. The customer service was great. The beach is very mellow and good for smaller children. The best part of our trip was the amazing sunsets from the lanai. Our trip was one we will cherish always.
Richard M., Garden Grove, CA, 8.20.12
- The location and view from the unit was excellent and it was generally clean . Carpets are a bit worn and probably could be replaced in the near future. While there was internet access there was no wifi and since we only brought our iPad we were unable to connect to the internet. The rental agent said she would get us a wireless connection but never followed through. A few minor complaints: better quality knives, a salad bowl and a small cooler would be helpful. The BBQ situation was not good. We were told that the unit had a small electric unit that we could use, but we didn't see it. We love to cook and BBQ is a big part of our repertoire so not having a place to BBQ except down at the bottom of a very steep and long path at the beach. Seems like the association should create a place by the pool or by the units for BBQ. TV, satellite and stereo systems are extremely complicated and not at all intuitive, but instructions were good enough that we got it working. All in all we had a great time and would come back to this unit in the future. Snorkeling at hideaways was excellent.
Todd H., 8.16.12
- What can I say except this place was very nice and comfortable. We didn't want to leave.
Brittan A., 8.6.12
- Hale ola Kai is a beautiful home with stunning views of the mountains and waterfalls surrounding Hanalei Bay. Everyone at VRA was friendly and helpful. Any issues we had prior to arrival and during our stay were handled quickly and professionally. The house was clean and all promised amenaties were in place.
Dante T., Estacada, OR, 8.1.12
- The view was good. Very clean and up to date furniture and furnishings.
Corine M., 7.17.12
- The view is absolutley amazing!!!!! Great location:)
Corine M., 7.17.12
- Thank you! We had a wonderful time. Great place! Beautiful views. The only problem was the beach towels were delivered two days after we checked in and so we spent over $30 on purchasing towels at the grocery store. Other than that, everything was wonderful and we would come back again for sure! Thanks for the use of your beautiful condo. Aloha!
David S., Loomis, CA, 7.14.12
- Really great place. Clean, well apportioned, roomy, almost everything you could want! Definitely delivered on what the advertising depicted. To elevate to 5 stars, please look at the following: - Our experience at the restaurant was terrible. After being seated, no one even looked our direction for 20 minutes, even after holding our hand up and saying 'excuse me' to get someone's attention. What's worse, there were only 9 other customers there. Got up to leave and a sarcastic young lady followed us down the sidewalk asking what our problem was. - A bar or poolside place to get snacks, hot dogs, or cocktails would be a better use of that space. - Not enough reusables for our 9 day stay. Would have appreciated more paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc. - Beach was OK.. but raking it, and adding a couple more lounge chairs would have been great.
Gene M., 6.12.12
- The condo was in excellent condition, the service from the booking agen was very good and overall we were satisfied. We had ordered two extra beds from a vendor referred by the rental agent. The sheets that came witht he beds were not clean so we used the sheets that were available in the condo. These were also not clean. It appears your requirement that we wash towels, sheets etc. results in people leaving unclean sheets floded and put back on the shelf. It also puts hardship on people who have to packup, cleanup, wash and leave by 10 AM. Hope you will reconsider this policy. It would also help if hair drier and extra soap was provided as we ran out of soap and we had not brought any with us. We will certainly recommend this place to our friends as we liked the location and proximity to the beautiful poipue beach.
Meena A., 6.7.12
- We truly enjoyed Hale Nalu Everything in and around the house met our expectations, great location and the house was very comfortable with fantastic views and access to "baby beach" where we managed to sunbathe next to a lazy seal! Thanks, we'll be back.
Luis R., Hercules, CA, 5.28.12
- Excellent vacation! Our unit was clean, in good condition, convenient to everything, and had magnificent views. Management was very responsive to the one minor issue we had, so customer service was excellent. We would love to have the SAME unit the next time we return to Kauai. Air tour of Kauai on Wings over Kauai was a highlight, but our Pali Ke Kua abode was the best part of our trip!
Doug A., Jacksonville, FL, 5.13.12
- Pali Ke Kua #121 was more than we could have hoped for... Clean, beautifully decorated with a view to die for... We really didn't need to go anywhere else, our vacation was complete when we walked through the door. Of course we did see all the local sites, beaches, and visited restaurants and shops in nearby Hanalei. After spending three days in the warmer, drier southern part of the island the rugged northern coast was a beautiful contrast - green, lush and unforgettable.
James & Linda M., Hayward, CA, 4.27.12
- BBB II met, and exceeded all of our expectations. It was clean, roomy and charming. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking pans and untensils (I am pretty picky about my cooking stuff). . It was a very nice touch to have the beach mats,chairs, body boards and cooler for our use at the beach. It was the perfect house for out family of 2 adults and 2 teens. The staff was very nice when I screwed up the safe, and came out the day after to unlock it. (Sorry I will blame it on the sun) I could not say what the best part of our trip was, because it was all pretty amazing. We will definately reccommend it to friends, and hopefully get to return.. .
Jennifer T., Seattle, WA, 4.19.12
- The booking professional. The house is beautiful and the layout is just perfect. Watched huge turtles in the surf and come to shore to sun bathe right in front of the house.We've rented this home twice now and I'm certain we'll be back again. Aloha!
Gloria B., Dana Point, CA, 4.10.12
Craig B., Amarillo, TX, 4.10.12
- We had a wonderful stay at the Hale Makala. The house is steps to the beach and a short walk to the town. Our favorite part of the house was the expansive porch. We enjoyed many evenings out there during our stay.
Alison H., San Francisco, CA, 4.8.12
- Building and facility very nice! Condo did not have what I would consider to be basic supplies like for instance no pepper and only 1 small package of coffee. We had to but alot of the basics to use the kitchen.
Kelly Z., Surrey, BC, 3.18.12
- I love kauaii but I think I would prefer to stay at Pali ke Kia in unit 246 because of the amazing Ocean view I saw while looking at the units there. I thought the cleanliness of the house was Great but this was spoiled by the most uncomfortable Sofa and living room chairs. We did enjoy the bikes in the Garage. There was no steamer for veggies However I did feel the owner had a great Eye for design but needs to get a new Sofa and comfy chairs.
Margaret G., 3.14.12
- We loved our condo!!! Great accomadations and good location on the island! We would come back here!!
Sarah L., Barberton, OH, 3.14.12
- This is the 2nd time we have rented the Hana Hou Hale house. It was just as good as the first time. The only issues we had were with the hot water. Keep running out. May have been the storms or something else. We would recommend it as our group loves it. Johnson, Lehr, Peetz, Ward-Nebraska
Jeff J., Columbus, Nebraska, 3.13.12
- Enjoyed the location and ocean view. 2 issues we had were the tvs not working and the condo not being clean when we arrived. The major storm closed the road to Hanalei and created a problem for the cleaning people.. However when we called they immediately came over and cleaned while we went to dinner. The tv in the main room was fixed but the main floor bedroom tv was out. Cleaning people need to make sure all remotes are operating with fresh batteries. We had a bad wx week and therefore will try to come back another time. Condo was very pleasant and comfortable. We would definitely rent 230 again. Be sure and do the the ziplines down the road at Princeville ranch. Great guides and great ziplines. Fun for all ages.
Debby B., Shafter, CA, 3.12.12
- We had torrential rains for a week. The temps were about 65 degrees. Some form of heat would have been nice. When he sun finally came out, the island is truely a paradise.
Theodore H., Wauchula, FL, 3.11.12
- Hale Nalu was all that was advertised and more. If you want oceanfront, this is the rental for you! The views are spectacular. Loved sitting on the deck watching the whales and dolphins. Short trip to Brennecke's Beach put us right at turtle cove as well. Travelled the entire island in our week there, and we were convenient to everything. Loved eating out at Merriman's. The food and service were outstanding. I only had to contact customer service once - I was worried the hammock was broken, they assured me the lawn service takes it down when they come. . What a relief! Totally loved the property and would stay there again in a second. I'm afraid it has ruined me for anything other than oceanfront from here forward!!
Pat E., Odessa, TX, 2.19.12
- We had a wonderful time, it was a belated honeymoon for my husband and I. The setting was perfect, the cottage was private, clean, comfortable and very well stocked with the necessities, such as beach towels, kitchenware and nice appliances. We loved it and the location. We want to thank you so much for finding the cottage for us, and the time you took to make sure we had what we wanted. I have now converted my husband to staying in vacation rentals rather than hotels or condos! We will definitely call you next time we come to Hawaii. Hopefully that will be soon:) One small note, not a big deal but would be nice for future guests if the can opener could be replaced. Other than that, everything worked well and we enjoyed our time there thoroughly.
Liz H., Sandy, UT, 2.14.12
- Kahlana Naue is a beautiful house in a magically beautiful location. The house has an incredibly well equipped, top of the line, kitchen, and elegant, but welcoming, furnishings, with a Hawaiian style. The view is stunning, and the house layout permits both community and privacy for a large family gathering. Each morning I walked to Ke 'ee Beach and back (4 miles roundtrip) along the road which was an easy walk, and I felt as though I was walking through a rain forest. Younger members of our group hiked along the beach to Ke 'ee. The best place we ate was the Hanelai Dolphin Restaurant. The restaurant specializes in local fish and produce, deliciously prepared. The fish market connected with the restaurant has fresh, local fish - a real treat. We came to relax with our family, have some adventure, and we look forward to returning. Also, the customer service was excellent. Do note that the weather during the winter months can be variable - not always sunny and hot all day, but it was a delight to be at this house, and the few days of rainly weather were not a barrier to enjoyment. Never needed more than a light sweater, and the sun always came out eventually on days that were not sunny all day. Overall, we had a fantastic time at the house and are eager to return.
Ruth G., Brookline, MA, MA, 2.12.12
- This unit is on the beach, but during winter months the surf is too dangerous to get into generally. You may be able to find a small corner of beach to enjoy. Our contract included beach chairs but couldn't access them, keys didn't work. There were no extra throws or blankets and it gets cool in the evening. The furniture was not the most comfortable. This unit is bland, no color, no pictures of any type, no theme. It's Hawaii...come on, set the mood. The chickens and roosters ARE everywhere. You don't bother them and they generally ignore you :) just don't complain about them, everyone feels the same way you do. And there are ants too. Be ready to slooooow down your momentum. Things don't move quickly in Kauai, speed limit to service. The best adventure on the island is whale watching during winter months and Princeville Adventures-Zipline!!!! Ask for Chris & Aaron as your guides ;) Best grilled chicken, Anahola farmers market Huli Huli chicken. Best shave ice(not shaved) is in Hanalei and in Chin Young Village the Village Snack Shop, best malasads (donut). Bubba Burgers are good, great onion rings. Don't stay in one place....drive....drive...drive and explore this island. It is breathtaking!!!!
Melinda R., Whitestown, IN, 2.12.12
- The unit had a beautiful cliff-top view of the surf in a tiny inlet, and many sightings of whales in the ocean. The setting and the grounds in the facility and the golf course were all very nice and well maintained. I wish that the window outside the eating space had been cleaned, but they didn't get to it until after we had left - but I didn't ask, either. We enjoyed all of our time around the island, and had several good meals in Hanalei. Actually, I can't think of any reason why I couldn't give this unit 5 stars, the unit and the facility were all very nice.
Tom C., Augusta, MI, 2.6.12
- The view was fabulous.. the condo is well-equipped but bit outdated in terms of furnishings. This complex is listed as having air-conditioning-- that is not the case. Angela in the Princeville office was outstanding.. mahalo! Looking forward to coming back soon!
Joy G., Dayton, OH, 1.27.12
- The home was well-equipped, clean and comfortable. The area was quiet and set apart. Loved being on the beach -- calm waters, good snorkeling, great views of breaching whales. If one is looking for a remote location, this is it. No cell service and the land line at the house was unreliable. But the WIFI worked for searching online. If you'd rather stay closer to the "thick of things", like more of an urban or community setting, note that this was is well-off the beaten path; e.g., a trip for groceries was a 10-15 min drive. Nice amenities and great response from owner about what was available to us.
Rodney D., San Mateo, HI, 1.18.12
- The unit was clean, spacious, and the entry instructions easy to follow. We had a terrific view of the north shore deep water that enabled us to do whale watching over coffee in the morning. While we enjoyed the north shore immensely, getting to the western part of the island is time consuming--but that's what you get with Kauai. All the more reason to go back and stay in another section of the island to explore some more! Restaurants not to miss: Kiluea Fish Market, The Eastside in Kapaa, Lighthouse Bistro in Kiluea. Piece of advice I wish I had had before the trip: the red dirt stains EVERYTHING, so if you're going hiking, bring dark colored clothing that you don't mind soiling. My only complaint had to do with the internet service--not easy. There were two similarly named accesses and the other one kept coming up on all of our devices. It took a couple of calls to resolve--and then only our computers would link, not our iPhones. Being that we arrived on a holiday Friday afternoon, we didn't get this resolved until Tuesday. A nuisance that could be avoided with either a better router or better instructions.
Susan G., Wynnewood, PA, 1.3.12
- The condo and facility was great. The kitchen was fully equipped so easy to cook. The view was spectacular. The restaurant at the resort needs some work but there are several choices nearby. We were all happy with the condo and would say it was a wonderful experience.
Deb D., Bainbridge Island, WA, 1.1.12
- We spent 11 days in this rental with two teenage sons. The condo was spacious enough and comfortable. The location is great and we even spotted whales off the lanai. The rental had everything we needed supplied including beach chairs, towels and boogieboards. We cooked in most nights and the kitchen is well supplied. The only suggestions I would make is that the rental needs a little TLC. We had problems with the master toilet and the refrigerator. The rental company was quick to remedy both problems though. And it would be nice if the condo complex had a shared BBQ area. It was hard to walk down the path to the common BBQ in the rain. We would definitely stay again!
Nancy F., Ventura, CA, 1.1.12
- 1. Loved the view. 2. Customer service was good. 3. Taking a jacuzzi and taking in the great views of the ocean. 4. The Beach House in Poipu The only suggestions that I have on the house is the following: New towels and washclothes. The ones provided were old and had bleach stains all over. That is unacceptable Some of the sliding glass door locks don't close easily. We had to work with several of them for quite a while before locking. That is a serious safety issue. TV didn't work because of the service, so we had no TV service for 4 days. Dishwasher was not working on Thanksgiving week. Not a good thing.....we had to wash all the dishes by hand and there were lots of them. We had 2 days of broken dishwasher. House near by had a lot of workers and a lot of noise coming from the machines used. Hard to relax outside when you hear all the machinery noise. We were not aware of this (construction )situation until the last few days prior to our arrival. Other than that, we had a nice time.
Kathleen & Garry W., Latrobe, CA, 11.28.11
- The house was wonderful for a large group. Spacious rooms, well natural breeze ventilation with the overhead fans. Exceptional well furnished and cooking serving amenities were abundant. The location to the beach, the 180 degree view, the deck, hot tub, beach chairs, was great! It was the best vacation rental I have had. My only advise would be to use bug spray. Several of us had numerous small itchy bites that we really did not see any bugs, but must have been around and it was too late to use the spray. Other than this it was an exceptional stay and extremely well furnished. Lyle
Lyle J., Post Falls, Idaho, 11.27.11
- We loved the condo, the view, the quietness, and the location near a grocery store. We would recommend this unit to everyone we know.
Terry T., Dunwoody, GA, 11.22.11
- It would have been nice for my meditation group to have been warned that there was an active construction site located directly next door !!! Up to a dozen trucks and vans arriving often as early as 6:30am was really not conducive to the peaceful atmosphere that we had expected and required.
Nohlan M., Carmel, CA, 11.10.11
- We really enjoyed another stay here. This is our 3rd time renting this house. We keep coming back because we love the location and the amenities. We won't stay anywhere else! Thanks for another great trip.
Liz H., Spokane, WA, 10.7.11
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful condo. The location was great, and the condo was beautiful. Great view of the sunrise from the bedroom and living room!
Jodi S., Frisco, TX, 9.24.11
- This rental was fantastic for our group of 5! My parents (in their 60s) really enjoyed relaxing on the beautiful lanai and walking the beach in front of the house. Also, the snorkeling in front of the house was superb when the wind was down. On windier days we would take a short walk around the point where the outer reef keeps the water quite calm. Their were dozens of turtles to swim with every afternoon, definitely a highlight of the trip. My boyfriend and brother and I (in our 20s) really enjoyed the hiking that the Haena area has to offer. If you go DEFINITELY do the 2 mile Kalalua Trail to Hanakapai Beach. It is a little strenuous but worth every bit of effort. If your not a huge hiker even the first 1/2 mile of the hike offers OUTSTANDING views of the Na Pali coast.. definitely not to be missed!!! We planned to hike the 4 miles to Hanakapai Falls (I hear its great) but ran out of energy and time! We definitely will be back to conquer that! Other activities we enjoyed were a helicopter ride as well as a catamaran sail along the Na Pali Cost... both BEAUTIFUL ways to see the breathtaking north shore of Kauai. As far as restaurants and groceries we enjoyed going to the Dolphin Fish Market in Hanalei and cooking fresh caught fish on the grill at the house. Other places we really enjoyed were Bubba's Burgers and TikiMan Pizza in Hanalei. Tahiti Nui (next to TIkiMan) was a great bar to relax, listen to local hawaiian bands in the evening and enjoy their 50 year old mai tai recipe!!! Everyone in Hanalei was really friendly. We found a number of our groceries at the Big Save in Hanalei but recommend Foodland in Princeville for more variety (and only 5 minute additional drive). Oh and dont miss grabbing a smoothie at the Aloha Juice Bar stand (located next to the Big Save in Hanalei)!!! The Hanalei passion was our favorite of all the smoothies (yes we had one each day, it became an addiction!) I would recommend this house to anyone, regardless of age or ability due to the high number of activities offered. Some days we just enjoyed nothing more than napping on the lanai and beach. The sunsets every afternoon were outstanding. You could walk out to the point on the right and see all of Bali Hai and the accompanying mountains. Such a beautiful way to end each day! The house and neighborhood were so quiet that we all slept great each night. The option of having AC helped as well as we did have a few hot nights and many rentals in this area do not offer AC. We were a bit worried about the Y Camp located next door but this was not an issue. It was occupied part of our stay but we could not hear any of the noise next door. There is also a beach access between the Y Camp and the house but that did not bother us either. Since the house is up on stilts it drowns out a lot of the noise and with very few beach access parking there was never more than a few cars parking and using the beach access. The entire booking process of the house was great!!! Vacational Rental Agent answered all of our questions when trying to find our perfect house. Once we arrived on the island we were greeted by Ginny, the house caretaker. She was really helpful in giving us restaurant ideas, grocery shopping, etc! I cannot recommend this rental enough, we will definitely be back! We stayed for 10 days and it flew by. If you can definitely try to stay at least 10 days to really soak in the area. Kauai offers SO many activities that its fun to do a few things and have days to do nothing. This was my third trip to Kauai and definitely the most enjoyable! I know this is a long review but I know when deciding to invest in a trip like this, more information is better than less. Thank you Vacation Rental Agent, Ginny and the owners of the Makua Kai homes for such a fun trip that we will remember for years to come! Natalie Dallas, TX
Natalie P., Garland, TX, 9.21.11
- the unit was clean and spacious and easy access to shops, restaurants and beaches. the pools were smaller than we expected and I couldn't ever get the internet to work the whole time I was there (on your computer or mine). probably wouldn't stay there again only because we'd prefer to be ocean front...I thought this place was closer to the beach. my mistake.
Naomi C., Portland, OR, 9.12.11
- BEAUTIFUL SETTING. The house was a perfect size for our family of four. Everything was clean. Plenty of towels made life that much easier. The kitchen was stocked with every gadget you could think of. We had a lovely lovely time. I would recommend this house to all my friends and family.
Safa H., Laguna beach, CA, 9.7.11
- We absolutely loved the location of the bungalow. It's maybe 20 steps away from the beach and you can see the water from your kitchen and living room window. We had lovely breakfasts on the patio looking over the Pacific Ocean and dinners sitting outside. The rooms are nicely furnished, the kitchen is well equipped, we had plenty of towels, beach towels, etc. We even found sand toys, boogie boards by the backdoor. The place is quiet, the street is not busy at all, the nice beach is perfect for families with kids or couples who are looking for privacy. A nice shopping center is 4 minutes away by car where you can find restaurants, a Whole Foods-like grocery store (lots of organic food), and a sweet, little Farmers Market on Wednesday (from 4-6pm). I love Kauai and we always stayed in the Hyatt but renting the Baby Beach Bungalow made our 6th trip to the island even more special. By renting this lovely place we felt like locals. :) We were welcomed by the cleaning crew and they were very polite and did a great job cleaning out the house. They leave a vacuum cleaner in the closet that we used several times a week. (Some unwanted sand found its way in the house even after hosing off). The wireless internet and wash machine were a godsend! Kauai is the most amazing island and highly recommend it to everybody! We surely will return! Aloha, From San Francisco
Ildiko P., Kentfield, CA, 9.5.11
- The location was great, just steps from the ocean! Travelled with 3 family units, so the house set up was just perfect. The house is older and shows some wear, but based on the other reviews it was as we expected it to be. Oceanfront houses tend to show a lot of wear from the weather. Well stocked kitchen, nice size rooms. The lanai, and view and beach were just fabulous. we had 4 kids ranging in age from 2 to 7, and the water was calm and just perfect for them to play and swim in. We had no worries about tthem in the calm waters. We were also happily surprised by the snorkeling right outside the house. Not super colorful, but we all saw lots of variety of sealife including a variety of eels, different types of triggerfish and lots of fish we could not identify (we are not snorkeling experts, so it was just great for us!). All in all wonderful vacation in Kauai, and we would return.
Amy H., Long Valley, NJ, 8.28.11
- 5 Stars for this wonderful home! This place is built and decorated as if the owners really use it. Rare is it that a home looks much better than the photos but this one does. Ultra clean, very elegant attention to the smallest details and we noticed and appreciated it all. We had a group of 14 and it was spacious enough for our nightly family gatherings. We cooked, played games and danced the nights away. If you do only one thing, be sure you hike the Na Pali Coast Trail, at least to the beach. You have never seen anything like this on earth! If you're in good shape, continue on to the waterfalls but it is definately harder than the first part. Back at the house you will actually find wonderful snorkling right outside the house and there is a sea turtle who lives near the rock in front of the house. He was adorable and we saw him every day. Also walked to tunnels almost every day for the best snorkling I have seen since Cozumel...but better I think.
Kristine E., Woodland Hills, CA, 8.24.11
- 1 - the house worked brilliantly for 2 families. Lived up to expectation (ie looked like photos) and was comfortable and well furnished. The view, pool, access to beach were all fantastic. 2 - customer service was all very good. 3 - the best part of our trip was probably hanging around the house and relaxing, but we also took the opportunity to do a number of activities and explore the whole island eg surfing, horseriding, tubing down sugar cane canals, snorkeling on Napali Coast, exploring the Canyon...We did a lot! 4 - We ate at a number of restaurants, mostly in Poipu - the biggest disappointment was the much celebrated Beach House. We really enjoyed Merrimans, Josselins Tapas Restaurant, Casa di Amici, JJs Broiller, Brennecke's Broiler, Hanapepe Cafe, and Hanalei Gourmet. We also really enjoyed shopping at The Living Market in Poipu and going to the wednesday afternoon gourmet market - we did it all! 5 - I went tubing and the beauty of the Coast and what a great temperature it was and how well the kids surfed... 6 - That 2 weeks in a house in a great spot like this, is the only true way to relax. 7 - Use the Kuaui Surf School at Poipu (there are lots) and go on the Liko boat for the coastal trip. Eat pie and carrot cake at the Hanapepe Cafe - divine! 8 - Some exploring of the canyon and other beaches by foot. We pretty much stayed around Poipu unless we were doing an activity.
Nick and Leah L., Singapore, Singapore, 8.3.11
101 - 200 of 396
Kauai vacation reviews