- kauai vacation reviews
101 - 200 of 292
Kauai vacation reviews
- Fantastic!! This was truly our home away from home vacation. We had such a wonderful time at the Bird of Paradise home and would fully recommend it to anyone!!! We spent 5 nights in Kauai and then 4 in Honolulu at a hotel. We have already decided that we will definitely return to Kauai! This island truly is paradise!! (written October 2011)
- Thank you for sharing your wonderful home. We had a Christmas and New years family reunion we will never forget.We were 6 adults and 2 children and there was plenty of room and privacy for all. Everything you could possibly need was provided for, from two washers and dryers to boogie boards,beach towels ,a well stocked kitchen and a beautiful view. We also loved the pool.We will definitely stay in this home again if we are ever in the area. Mahalo (written January 2012)
- We were on the island for a wedding. Two cousins had not seen each other for close to 16 years. The unit was an absolute treasure. Clean, comfortable and everything in great working order. I would definitely stay here again and will also be recommending it to my friends and family. Thank you for assisting with a most memorable trip.
M A., 10.13.13
- A wonderful property. The view and peacefulness are the best! This place has everything one could need. The complex is beautifully landscaped and the pool is very nice. The access to the beach is so wonderful! The booking agent was wonderful as was the property manager. The unit was generally clean although it could use a deep cleaning in some of the out of the way places like bathroom light covers and paneling along the wall in the entry and living room was dirty. All of the window screens were dirty. But as I said, it was generally clean- just needs a good spring cleaning. The beds were comfortable. It was wonderful having ceiling fans! The unit was very quiet and peaceful. We appreciated the fully appointed kitchen. We were very happy with our home away from home and would highly recommend it. We would most definitely stay here again. Thank you so much!
Carol E., 10.4.13
- Great condo and resort! Top end quality for our condo and the resort. Condo was spacious and well equipped. Read the kitchen was lacking but it had many appliances and plenty of cooking, eating, and dishware. Nice to have the washer/dryer. Beautiful grounds. Kids loved the pool. Good customer service. A/C went out on 4th day(blown compressor). The property manager had them come in next morning. Offered to refund some of our cost. Things happen. Fans helped. Will come back here again no doubt. Love Kauai. Oh yea. Very quiet complex. Lots of families. Ocean a few steps away from condo. Go!!!!
Silvia L., 8.27.13
- This is a beautiful property with [literally] a postcard view from the beach right out back. The house is wonderfully furnished with all the kitchen utensils you could need for a stay. (Well maybe not a turkey platter or fish knives for six, but champagne glasses with which to toast sunrise over Bali Hai!) The grounds and houses were very clean and the property manager, was helpful and very easy to work with. I would return in a heartbeat. You're essentially at the end of the road at the end of the state at the end of the country, so cell phone and internet can be a bit spotty. If you live online 24/7 be prepared (though you probably shouldn't go to Haena in the first place).
Steve S., Chicago, IL, 8.14.13
- Nice home- could use some updating, box springs on the beds and a television that worked in the living room though. Liked the golf course location and the pool. Would recommend it to friends with those exceptions.
Dave S., Andover, MN, 8.14.13
- There were 10 in our party and the house accommodated us nicely. We enjoyed our stay very much. The house is in a perfect location and the solar heated pool was a plus. I would give it 5 stars but the carpet on the stairs was filthy and the tub in the upstairs bath was stopped up. The fan in the upstairs living area needs repair as well as the kitchen faucet. These repairs are minor and we would consider renting the house again.
Joanne C., San Luis Obispo, CA, 8.5.13
- Overall quality is excellent. The kitchen especially is very well-appointed with a full range of cooking accoutrements and handy items like saran wrap and paper towels. The decor is stunning and one can immediately tell the attention to detail that the designer brought to the condo. It comes equipped with a plethora of beach towels and gear. The view from Pua Poa as well as its location are both fantastic, and for the adventurous soul, a trek down to hideaways beach is worth the peril. The booking agents were all very helpful with lots of aloha. The sad thing is I would not book this rental again because their brand new top of the line super fancy washer broke a few days into our trip. Because it was under warranty, it was not fixed by the time we left and we were not given any alternative place to launder our clothes. Since being able to wash clothes and towels for our little ones was the primary reason for renting vs. booking a nice hotel, obviously having a broken washer was not great for us and our needs. Other than that, it was a fabulous condo.
Courtney R., 7.30.13
- Dear Bruna, Ka Hale o Luina was EXACTLY what we were looking for after completing an intense year long project! We had the most wonderful and relaxing time and happily look forward to the next time we can return! Everything was perfect! Best, Patty and Luc
Luc E., Hermosa beach, CA, 7.24.13
- FIVE STARS for gorgeous Hale Ohana Kauai *****Our family enjoyed a fabulous vacation in this amazing house in an idyllic setting. The house is a destination in itself, with the private baths in every bedroom, a family size kitchen, the loft ceilings, and the incredible views from every room. The huge lanai was the perfect place to lounge in the shade, enjoy the sunset, eat dinner, or watch the ocean. The grassy lawn was a fun place to frolic, do yoga, or sunbathe. We even saw sea turtles at nearby Baby Beach. We booked excursions through the concierge, which was nice because she made sure they departed close to where we were staying, for our convenience. Everything went smoothly with all our arrangements in booking for the entire trip. The condition and cleanliness of the house was excellent. The kitchen was furnished with all the pots, utensils, glassware and dishes we needed, and then some! The ceiling fans and large patio doors kept us comfortable (along with the trade winds) most all the time. I noticed that some people complained about a lack of air conditioning. I can't imagine ever wanting to shut all the doors and windows in Hawaii. We knew that we were vacationing on a tropical island and were prepared to go swimming if we got warm! Besides, one of the very best things about Hale Ohana Kauai is hearing the surf. From Hale Ohana we could walk to a very new shopping center that has high end stores, nice restaurants, and a gourmet farmer's market once a week. All in all, it was a perfect vacation in paradise!
Marilyn W., La Verne, CA, 7.24.13
- Beautiful home. Excellent snorkeling just in the backyard! LOVED the pool. We would definitely rent this house again and will recommend the home. Thank you.
Augusto V. S., St. Albert, AB, 7.23.13
- We had an incredible time and the place was fantastic. We will book with you folks again. No issues what so ever.
Brad W., 7.14.13
- Great house all way round. Has a short and direct path to the beach. House has a huge back yard with beautiful mountain views. Very little street noise. And, yes we would be more than open to staying here again. Barry Sonoma
Barry A., Sonoma, CA, 6.19.13
- House was nice but some basic additions would make it great! - Repair flat tire on bike in garage so it could be used - Repair patio door in master bedroom so it can lock - guests would feel safer! - Provide basic scale for guests to check luggage weight - Wash towels just before guests arrive - they had a dusty, musty smell - Check house phone - had some issues with making local calls. It would work for one or two calls then die. Battery is charged so not sure what the issue was.
Donna T., 4.9.13
- The Honulani exceeded our expectations! The photographs on the website don't do it justice. And the reviews about fishermen on the wall had me a bit worried, but lo, not one fisherman all week. We had the most private, comfortable, relaxing stay at the Honulani! Making arrangements with Vacation Rental Agent were smooth and easy. Only one small complaint - I called to ask if the Honulani has Wifi, and the agent never returned my call even though I left both the house phone number and my cell. The home was immaculate, and we were greeted with fresh Hawaiian flowers in the entryway. The public rooms are large and comfortably furnished. The master bedroom is spacious, and the other bedrooms were perfectly comfortable for our 4 children ages 17-25. The kitchen is equipped with everything you could possibly need and more. Unlike other rentals I've used, this one was supplied with plenty of everyday needs - soap, tissues, paper towels, etc. There is even one closet with an abundance of beach towels. There were straw beach mats in the garage, and even a couple of sun hats. All these touches made us feel right at home! Sitting on the deck each morning to enjoy the ocean view was like a dream - it's postcard perfect. We snorkeled right in front of the house, swam in the pool, and loved the large backyard for frisbee. We would definitely book this rental again and recommend it to our friends. We were out each day enjoying beautiful Kauai, hiking, kayaking, boating, visiting the nearby botanical gardens, but it was wonderful to come back to the Honulani to relax and be together. We all feel very spoiled after staying in this beautiful home!
Gerilyn D., Fair Oaks, CA, 4.2.13
- Kauai Paradise house is perfectly located for exploring the north shore. The ocean views are wonderful and every night we were lulled to sleep by the sound of waves. It is in a rural and quiet location. The convenience of having Wainhia General Store and Red Hot Mamas right across the street was amazing. Although it is set on the main highway, the daytime traffic was not an issue as it doesn't pick up until about 10am and after 6pm it dwindles to hardly anything. The house is clean and well maintained. The two master suites are spacious and comfortable with sliding doors to lanai and ocean views. The third bedroom suite is smaller with no view, but plenty of room for two. We took full advantage of the kitchen which was very well stocked for cooking nice dinners for the 5 of us. The only complaint here is the knives. They were extremely dull, as was the knife sharpener. If you like to walk, plan to get in your car (or kayak!) first. The beach (located across a river channel) is not easily accessible and the highway is narrow with no sidewalks. The one-way bridges make walking in the area especially challenging. But, there are plenty of parking areas and beach access points within 1/2 mile either way of the house. You also need to be very quiet in the evenings, as small children living next door to the east go to bed early. We were a bit shocked when, enjoying a game of cards on the lanai at 9:30pm, the mother screamed at us and used a few four letter words without any prior warning. So, we took our evening games indoors for the rest of the week. Too bad she had to be so nasty. Overall, we are very happy with our experience and would definitely stay there again.
Debra S., Glendale, CA, 3.27.13
- Really great condo... great value for money. Clean, well maintained and excellent location. Safeway across the street so very convenient. Pool and hot tubs were awesome! Very comfortable beds. Large kitchen with high end appliances. Only complaints are that the kitchen needs a good knife and another larger cutting board. Otherwise, it was perfect and we'd definitely stay there again.
Jane H., 3.4.13
- Very good condo. As advertised. Great views. Wonderful amenities inside and out of the room. Would stay here again next visit to Kauai. Great location in Kapaa across the street from Safeway and other shopping including the islands best ice cream store. All arrangements for rental were handled professionally. Rental was clean and will stocked. Bedroom pillows could be better if I had to gripe about anything. Highly recommended nonetheless.
Naeem H., 3.4.13
- This is the best value we have been able to find anywhere in Hawaii. It is our third time and we plan to return.
Donald L., Vancouver, WA, 2.23.13
- The house location and amentities were perfect -- it's a comfortable home, with a well-stocked kitchen, and storage area with swim and sports equipment. We appreciated being met by the property manager, Ginny, who was very nice and provided lovely local snacks to welcome us. The negatives: the left from burner on the stove wasn't working and the valve on the toilet between the two guest rooms leaked, causing the toilet to run every 10 mins.
Stefanie P., Orinda, CA, 2.19.13
- Kahalelehua was simply outstanding. It is a beautiful house, ideally situated and well-stocked with towels, linen, etc. It was in immaculate condition when we arrived. We would definitely book this home again. A credit to the owners. Thank you.
Damon S., Sydney, 1.17.13
- We loved Hale Naue and found all of the amenities excellent. The location right on the beach could not be better and loved to hear the roar of the ocean every night. The home was very spacious and very nicely furnished. The whole experience was great, from the booking agent to the house manager. Unfortunately we were not blessed with sunny and rainless days throughout most of our stay, so we spent most of our days on the south end of the island. Can't do much about that! It was still beautiful and a great way to spend a relaxing holiday together. Mahalo! The Lumbards
Kelly L., Brandon, MB, 1.16.13
- We have stayed in vacation rentals around the work and I'm glad to say this was one of the best. Its clear the home is a labor of love. From the thoroughness in which the house has been set up and appointed to the beach toys available for the kids, the finer touches are all here. I could go on and on about the house but the beach is where the magic is. We spent nearly all of our time on the deck (truly a slice of heaven) and the beach in search of the perfect shell. Haena is quite possibly the most picturesque place on the planet and this home is the perfect place to enjoy it from. Thanks for having us - I hope we can come back soon.
Jeff B., 12.11.12
- This was a lovely location, right at Baby Beach. The house is in excellent condition bar the broken hinge in the kitchen. The rooms are a good size with great lanais off all rooms facing the ocean. The area is quiet and well kept. we thoroughly enjoyed our week on Kauaii and look forward to our next visit.
Karen M., Portland, OR, 12.6.12
- Absolutely fabulous...hope we can come back! Thanks to Ginny and Laurel....I have told all our friends how great it was.....Mahalo to all! Katie Radler
Kathleen R., Alamo, CA, 12.1.12
- The room was great - as usual! Our ONLY complaint is that we could NOT get ahold of our rental agent. We left voice mails messages and emails and NEVER heard back from her! This was not our first stay at Waipouli - nor our last - but will be our last time renting from this agency.
Bobbie C., 11.27.12
- Fantastic! Was the best part of the trip. The back lanai looking over the ocean was fantastic. If the owners ever want to sell. Put me on line! Great place and we plan on making a trip there a family tradition
Shannon W., Murphy, TX, 9.29.12
- Kuhio Shores 211 is located on a beautiful property but the unit itself is in desperate need of updating. The unit was clean but the furniture is not comfortable, older TV with no DVD player but a VCR (who uses VCRs anymore?), appliances are on their last leg (can't put much in the refrigerator or it stops working, dishwasher leaks). The drapes in the bedrooms need to be replaced with shutters (or at least a blackout curtain) in order to keep out the light from outdoor lights at night. Unit location is good and the view of the ocean is spectacular. I would not recommend this unit to others but would recommend Kuhio Shores. I will hold off reviewing your agency until I see how long it takes to get my deposit returned (up to 60 days is ridiculous!)
Cindy S., San Ramon, CA, 9.17.12
- We had a great stay at Pali Ke Kua 241. We were able to book it on short notice, and stayed for six nights. The unit is very well located, within 10 minutes walking distance to several nice beaches including one on Hanalei Bay itself. The unit was very clean when we arrived, and although we had some maintenance issues (lights out) during our stay, the staff was very responsive. We would definitely return.
Jim K., 8.25.12
- We stayed at Hale Ohana to celebrate my husbands 40th bday. The house was beautiful and we absolutely loved the views. The customer service was great. The beach is very mellow and good for smaller children. The best part of our trip was the amazing sunsets from the lanai. Our trip was one we will cherish always.
Richard M., Garden Grove, CA, 8.20.12
- What can I say except this place was very nice and comfortable. We didn't want to leave.
Brittan A., 8.6.12
- The view is absolutley amazing!!!!! Great location:)
Corine M., 7.17.12
- Really great place. Clean, well apportioned, roomy, almost everything you could want! Definitely delivered on what the advertising depicted. To elevate to 5 stars, please look at the following: - Our experience at the restaurant was terrible. After being seated, no one even looked our direction for 20 minutes, even after holding our hand up and saying 'excuse me' to get someone's attention. What's worse, there were only 9 other customers there. Got up to leave and a sarcastic young lady followed us down the sidewalk asking what our problem was. - A bar or poolside place to get snacks, hot dogs, or cocktails would be a better use of that space. - Not enough reusables for our 9 day stay. Would have appreciated more paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc. - Beach was OK.. but raking it, and adding a couple more lounge chairs would have been great.
Gene M., 6.12.12
- The condo was in excellent condition, the service from the booking agen was very good and overall we were satisfied. We had ordered two extra beds from a vendor referred by the rental agent. The sheets that came witht he beds were not clean so we used the sheets that were available in the condo. These were also not clean. It appears your requirement that we wash towels, sheets etc. results in people leaving unclean sheets floded and put back on the shelf. It also puts hardship on people who have to packup, cleanup, wash and leave by 10 AM. Hope you will reconsider this policy. It would also help if hair drier and extra soap was provided as we ran out of soap and we had not brought any with us. We will certainly recommend this place to our friends as we liked the location and proximity to the beautiful poipue beach.
Meena A., 6.7.12
- We truly enjoyed Hale Nalu Everything in and around the house met our expectations, great location and the house was very comfortable with fantastic views and access to "baby beach" where we managed to sunbathe next to a lazy seal! Thanks, we'll be back.
Luis R., Hercules, CA, 5.28.12
- BBB II met, and exceeded all of our expectations. It was clean, roomy and charming. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking pans and untensils (I am pretty picky about my cooking stuff). . It was a very nice touch to have the beach mats,chairs, body boards and cooler for our use at the beach. It was the perfect house for out family of 2 adults and 2 teens. The staff was very nice when I screwed up the safe, and came out the day after to unlock it. (Sorry I will blame it on the sun) I could not say what the best part of our trip was, because it was all pretty amazing. We will definately reccommend it to friends, and hopefully get to return.. .
Jennifer T., Seattle, WA, 4.19.12
- The booking professional. The house is beautiful and the layout is just perfect. Watched huge turtles in the surf and come to shore to sun bathe right in front of the house.We've rented this home twice now and I'm certain we'll be back again. Aloha!
Gloria B., Dana Point, CA, 4.10.12
Craig B., Amarillo, TX, 4.10.12
- I love kauaii but I think I would prefer to stay at Pali ke Kia in unit 246 because of the amazing Ocean view I saw while looking at the units there. I thought the cleanliness of the house was Great but this was spoiled by the most uncomfortable Sofa and living room chairs. We did enjoy the bikes in the Garage. There was no steamer for veggies However I did feel the owner had a great Eye for design but needs to get a new Sofa and comfy chairs.
Margaret G., 3.14.12
- We loved our condo!!! Great accomadations and good location on the island! We would come back here!!
Sarah L., Barberton, OH, 3.14.12
- Hale Nalu was all that was advertised and more. If you want oceanfront, this is the rental for you! The views are spectacular. Loved sitting on the deck watching the whales and dolphins. Short trip to Brennecke's Beach put us right at turtle cove as well. Travelled the entire island in our week there, and we were convenient to everything. Loved eating out at Merriman's. The food and service were outstanding. I only had to contact customer service once - I was worried the hammock was broken, they assured me the lawn service takes it down when they come. . What a relief! Totally loved the property and would stay there again in a second. I'm afraid it has ruined me for anything other than oceanfront from here forward!!
Pat E., Odessa, TX, 2.19.12
- This unit is on the beach, but during winter months the surf is too dangerous to get into generally. You may be able to find a small corner of beach to enjoy. Our contract included beach chairs but couldn't access them, keys didn't work. There were no extra throws or blankets and it gets cool in the evening. The furniture was not the most comfortable. This unit is bland, no color, no pictures of any type, no theme. It's Hawaii...come on, set the mood. The chickens and roosters ARE everywhere. You don't bother them and they generally ignore you :) just don't complain about them, everyone feels the same way you do. And there are ants too. Be ready to slooooow down your momentum. Things don't move quickly in Kauai, speed limit to service. The best adventure on the island is whale watching during winter months and Princeville Adventures-Zipline!!!! Ask for Chris & Aaron as your guides ;) Best grilled chicken, Anahola farmers market Huli Huli chicken. Best shave ice(not shaved) is in Hanalei and in Chin Young Village the Village Snack Shop, best malasads (donut). Bubba Burgers are good, great onion rings. Don't stay in one place....drive....drive...drive and explore this island. It is breathtaking!!!!
Melinda R., Whitestown, IN, 2.12.12
- The view was fabulous.. the condo is well-equipped but bit outdated in terms of furnishings. This complex is listed as having air-conditioning-- that is not the case. Angela in the Princeville office was outstanding.. mahalo! Looking forward to coming back soon!
Joy G., Dayton, OH, 1.27.12
- The condo and facility was great. The kitchen was fully equipped so easy to cook. The view was spectacular. The restaurant at the resort needs some work but there are several choices nearby. We were all happy with the condo and would say it was a wonderful experience.
Deb D., Bainbridge Island, WA, 1.1.12
- We spent 11 days in this rental with two teenage sons. The condo was spacious enough and comfortable. The location is great and we even spotted whales off the lanai. The rental had everything we needed supplied including beach chairs, towels and boogieboards. We cooked in most nights and the kitchen is well supplied. The only suggestions I would make is that the rental needs a little TLC. We had problems with the master toilet and the refrigerator. The rental company was quick to remedy both problems though. And it would be nice if the condo complex had a shared BBQ area. It was hard to walk down the path to the common BBQ in the rain. We would definitely stay again!
Nancy F., Ventura, CA, 1.1.12
- 1. Loved the view. 2. Customer service was good. 3. Taking a jacuzzi and taking in the great views of the ocean. 4. The Beach House in Poipu The only suggestions that I have on the house is the following: New towels and washclothes. The ones provided were old and had bleach stains all over. That is unacceptable Some of the sliding glass door locks don't close easily. We had to work with several of them for quite a while before locking. That is a serious safety issue. TV didn't work because of the service, so we had no TV service for 4 days. Dishwasher was not working on Thanksgiving week. Not a good thing.....we had to wash all the dishes by hand and there were lots of them. We had 2 days of broken dishwasher. House near by had a lot of workers and a lot of noise coming from the machines used. Hard to relax outside when you hear all the machinery noise. We were not aware of this (construction )situation until the last few days prior to our arrival. Other than that, we had a nice time.
Kathleen & Garry W., Latrobe, CA, 11.28.11
- We loved the condo, the view, the quietness, and the location near a grocery store. We would recommend this unit to everyone we know.
Terry T., Dunwoody, GA, 11.22.11
- It would have been nice for my meditation group to have been warned that there was an active construction site located directly next door !!! Up to a dozen trucks and vans arriving often as early as 6:30am was really not conducive to the peaceful atmosphere that we had expected and required.
Nohlan M., Carmel, CA, 11.10.11
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful condo. The location was great, and the condo was beautiful. Great view of the sunrise from the bedroom and living room!
Jodi S., Frisco, TX, 9.24.11
- This rental was fantastic for our group of 5! My parents (in their 60s) really enjoyed relaxing on the beautiful lanai and walking the beach in front of the house. Also, the snorkeling in front of the house was superb when the wind was down. On windier days we would take a short walk around the point where the outer reef keeps the water quite calm. Their were dozens of turtles to swim with every afternoon, definitely a highlight of the trip. My boyfriend and brother and I (in our 20s) really enjoyed the hiking that the Haena area has to offer. If you go DEFINITELY do the 2 mile Kalalua Trail to Hanakapai Beach. It is a little strenuous but worth every bit of effort. If your not a huge hiker even the first 1/2 mile of the hike offers OUTSTANDING views of the Na Pali coast.. definitely not to be missed!!! We planned to hike the 4 miles to Hanakapai Falls (I hear its great) but ran out of energy and time! We definitely will be back to conquer that! Other activities we enjoyed were a helicopter ride as well as a catamaran sail along the Na Pali Cost... both BEAUTIFUL ways to see the breathtaking north shore of Kauai. As far as restaurants and groceries we enjoyed going to the Dolphin Fish Market in Hanalei and cooking fresh caught fish on the grill at the house. Other places we really enjoyed were Bubba's Burgers and TikiMan Pizza in Hanalei. Tahiti Nui (next to TIkiMan) was a great bar to relax, listen to local hawaiian bands in the evening and enjoy their 50 year old mai tai recipe!!! Everyone in Hanalei was really friendly. We found a number of our groceries at the Big Save in Hanalei but recommend Foodland in Princeville for more variety (and only 5 minute additional drive). Oh and dont miss grabbing a smoothie at the Aloha Juice Bar stand (located next to the Big Save in Hanalei)!!! The Hanalei passion was our favorite of all the smoothies (yes we had one each day, it became an addiction!) I would recommend this house to anyone, regardless of age or ability due to the high number of activities offered. Some days we just enjoyed nothing more than napping on the lanai and beach. The sunsets every afternoon were outstanding. You could walk out to the point on the right and see all of Bali Hai and the accompanying mountains. Such a beautiful way to end each day! The house and neighborhood were so quiet that we all slept great each night. The option of having AC helped as well as we did have a few hot nights and many rentals in this area do not offer AC. We were a bit worried about the Y Camp located next door but this was not an issue. It was occupied part of our stay but we could not hear any of the noise next door. There is also a beach access between the Y Camp and the house but that did not bother us either. Since the house is up on stilts it drowns out a lot of the noise and with very few beach access parking there was never more than a few cars parking and using the beach access. The entire booking process of the house was great!!! Vacational Rental Agent answered all of our questions when trying to find our perfect house. Once we arrived on the island we were greeted by Ginny, the house caretaker. She was really helpful in giving us restaurant ideas, grocery shopping, etc! I cannot recommend this rental enough, we will definitely be back! We stayed for 10 days and it flew by. If you can definitely try to stay at least 10 days to really soak in the area. Kauai offers SO many activities that its fun to do a few things and have days to do nothing. This was my third trip to Kauai and definitely the most enjoyable! I know this is a long review but I know when deciding to invest in a trip like this, more information is better than less. Thank you Vacation Rental Agent, Ginny and the owners of the Makua Kai homes for such a fun trip that we will remember for years to come! Natalie Dallas, TX
Natalie P., Garland, TX, 9.21.11
- the unit was clean and spacious and easy access to shops, restaurants and beaches. the pools were smaller than we expected and I couldn't ever get the internet to work the whole time I was there (on your computer or mine). probably wouldn't stay there again only because we'd prefer to be ocean front...I thought this place was closer to the beach. my mistake.
Naomi C., Portland, OR, 9.12.11
- BEAUTIFUL SETTING. The house was a perfect size for our family of four. Everything was clean. Plenty of towels made life that much easier. The kitchen was stocked with every gadget you could think of. We had a lovely lovely time. I would recommend this house to all my friends and family.
Safa H., Laguna beach, CA, 9.7.11
- We absolutely loved the location of the bungalow. It's maybe 20 steps away from the beach and you can see the water from your kitchen and living room window. We had lovely breakfasts on the patio looking over the Pacific Ocean and dinners sitting outside. The rooms are nicely furnished, the kitchen is well equipped, we had plenty of towels, beach towels, etc. We even found sand toys, boogie boards by the backdoor. The place is quiet, the street is not busy at all, the nice beach is perfect for families with kids or couples who are looking for privacy. A nice shopping center is 4 minutes away by car where you can find restaurants, a Whole Foods-like grocery store (lots of organic food), and a sweet, little Farmers Market on Wednesday (from 4-6pm). I love Kauai and we always stayed in the Hyatt but renting the Baby Beach Bungalow made our 6th trip to the island even more special. By renting this lovely place we felt like locals. :) We were welcomed by the cleaning crew and they were very polite and did a great job cleaning out the house. They leave a vacuum cleaner in the closet that we used several times a week. (Some unwanted sand found its way in the house even after hosing off). The wireless internet and wash machine were a godsend! Kauai is the most amazing island and highly recommend it to everybody! We surely will return! Aloha, From San Francisco
Ildiko P., Kentfield, CA, 9.5.11
- The location was great, just steps from the ocean! Travelled with 3 family units, so the house set up was just perfect. The house is older and shows some wear, but based on the other reviews it was as we expected it to be. Oceanfront houses tend to show a lot of wear from the weather. Well stocked kitchen, nice size rooms. The lanai, and view and beach were just fabulous. we had 4 kids ranging in age from 2 to 7, and the water was calm and just perfect for them to play and swim in. We had no worries about tthem in the calm waters. We were also happily surprised by the snorkeling right outside the house. Not super colorful, but we all saw lots of variety of sealife including a variety of eels, different types of triggerfish and lots of fish we could not identify (we are not snorkeling experts, so it was just great for us!). All in all wonderful vacation in Kauai, and we would return.
Amy H., Long Valley, NJ, 8.28.11
- 5 Stars for this wonderful home! This place is built and decorated as if the owners really use it. Rare is it that a home looks much better than the photos but this one does. Ultra clean, very elegant attention to the smallest details and we noticed and appreciated it all. We had a group of 14 and it was spacious enough for our nightly family gatherings. We cooked, played games and danced the nights away. If you do only one thing, be sure you hike the Na Pali Coast Trail, at least to the beach. You have never seen anything like this on earth! If you're in good shape, continue on to the waterfalls but it is definately harder than the first part. Back at the house you will actually find wonderful snorkling right outside the house and there is a sea turtle who lives near the rock in front of the house. He was adorable and we saw him every day. Also walked to tunnels almost every day for the best snorkling I have seen since Cozumel...but better I think.
Kristine E., Woodland Hills, CA, 8.24.11
- 1 - the house worked brilliantly for 2 families. Lived up to expectation (ie looked like photos) and was comfortable and well furnished. The view, pool, access to beach were all fantastic. 2 - customer service was all very good. 3 - the best part of our trip was probably hanging around the house and relaxing, but we also took the opportunity to do a number of activities and explore the whole island eg surfing, horseriding, tubing down sugar cane canals, snorkeling on Napali Coast, exploring the Canyon...We did a lot! 4 - We ate at a number of restaurants, mostly in Poipu - the biggest disappointment was the much celebrated Beach House. We really enjoyed Merrimans, Josselins Tapas Restaurant, Casa di Amici, JJs Broiller, Brennecke's Broiler, Hanapepe Cafe, and Hanalei Gourmet. We also really enjoyed shopping at The Living Market in Poipu and going to the wednesday afternoon gourmet market - we did it all! 5 - I went tubing and the beauty of the Coast and what a great temperature it was and how well the kids surfed... 6 - That 2 weeks in a house in a great spot like this, is the only true way to relax. 7 - Use the Kuaui Surf School at Poipu (there are lots) and go on the Liko boat for the coastal trip. Eat pie and carrot cake at the Hanapepe Cafe - divine! 8 - Some exploring of the canyon and other beaches by foot. We pretty much stayed around Poipu unless we were doing an activity.
Nick and Leah L., Singapore, Singapore, 8.3.11
- I loved waking up and looking out to see the ocean. Having the beach right there was such a luxury, cozy and never crowded. Snorkeling was a five minute car ride away. The pictures don't do this place justice, much better in person! Can't wait to return!! AMAZING!!!!!
Julie B., Cornelius, Oregon, 6.28.11
- Liked the cottage view and beach. Customer service was great. Na Pali coast was the best part of the trip. Best restaurant was Lighthouse Bistro. Best picture I took was on the Napali coast. Can't wait to tell my friends that is was so affordable. Advice...expect to eat out a lot. Kitchen is small. Would recommend the napalm coast and hide-away beach. Plan to kayak next time.
Rich W., Houston, TX, 6.25.11
- Our family had a wonderful time at the Stone House. The house was great. It was so nice to have all the amenities. I would have liked a crock pot. But there were so many details. Felt like home. Everything was so so nice. When we first arrived and walked around to the front of the house it took my breath away. The view was to die for. At sunset we photo nuts would take shot after shot of the glorious sunset. We ended up having a photo contest but there were no bad pictures. It is beautiful there. This is truly a piece of heaven. The first moring was unbelievable with a rainbow. I have never seen both ends of a rainbow at once. God's was showing off. His glory was everywhere. We spotted sea turtles and I am pretty sure the spout of a whale. Missing the palm trees swaying and the changing skies and the sound of the sure. WE LOVED IT. What a honor to have stayed in such a unique and speical place. The house worked for us. We loved all being together and sharing the sun and the fun. We have a terriffic Christain family but don't all live close. We are blessed. This vacation was a gift. We enjoyed the kayaking, the catameran trip and Smith's Luau but most of all the wonderful location and feeling we were left with. I have already sent pictures to our friends and recommend "The Stone House". Thanks for sharing your speical place!
Ruthann M., Grass Valley, CA, 5.5.11
- Makahuena 1-305 was on the top floor and it was clean and spacious and we absolutely loved our stay there. My sister and I shared one bedroom and one full bathroom and our friend stayed in the other bedroom and used that full bathroom. There were extra beds upstairs as well and a big sofa for more guests if you have a larger party staying there. We went food shopping at the local grocery store, so we had breakfast at the condo and packed lunches for the beach. There were so many delicious restaurants all over the island. We went to Keoki's Paradise near the condo twice and it was delicious...a great place to eat outdoors! Our favorite restaurant was in the North SHore at the Hanalei Colony Resort called Mediterranean. The food was out of this world and fairly priced. We enjoyed driving all over the island looking at different beaches and taking in all the spectacular scenery. Everything is so green and it was sunny everyday! We enjoyed sightseeing to the North Shore, to the West Shore and around the East Shore. We went to Poipu Beach Park 3x while there and it was perfect. We snorkeled, swam, laid in the sun, rented an umbrella, sat under a palm tree for shade, and our friend went surfing as well. We saw people having barbeques and sitting on the grass to get some shade. We even saw seta turtles there. My favorite beach was Anini beach in the North Shore. You can see the lighthouse from a distance as well. The condo was in a good location because we were able to get lots of sun, eat at many good restauarants nearby, it was a short 20-minute drive to the airport, there was a parking lot in the condo where we parked our rented Jeep Wrangler and it was safe. We could hear the sound of the waves through the open windows, which was amazing. The only thing was that the beach outside the window was not a beach to swim or lay out at. We had to drive to other beaches to spend the day at. The condo was clean, spacious, had a pretty view of the ocean, and the people who lived there and rented from there were so nice. I loved Kaua'i and would like to go again!
Ann Marie L., Neptune, New Jersey, 4.26.11
- Great house. Beautiful views, direct access to a small sandy beach, which is hard to find in this area.
Steve G., Villa Park, Ca, 4.10.11
- OUr unit was very clean and modern. Beautiful kitchen with granite counter tops. THe bathrooms were large and having double sinks was another bonus! Our unit was spacious and very comfortable. I would recommend the Waipouli Luxury Condo to all my friends. It will definitely be a place my family and I will return to again.
Tony D., Terrace, B.C., 3.28.11
- Hi, everything was great but the info supplied on the lock box code was wrong, and there were a few appliances in need of repair. The gas stove was leaking (we called the Emergency contact and they came to fix it the next day), and the soap copmpartment in the dishwasher was broken. Some tiles in the master bathroom could really use a recaulking. Otherwise, it was a spectacular location and a great house, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks!
Petra T., Los Altos Hills, CA, 3.24.11
- Excellent place, really comfy and clean, we had to drive to the beach because we have a baby but other than that everything was supereme
Azzam A., Calgary, AB, 3.3.11
- The best things about Menehune Hale were for us, the floor plan and location, location, location. For three family units (grandparents, couple with one son, and couple with two daughters) the layout of Menehune was ideal. The grandparents got their ocean view room off to the side with the gorgeous bathroom, and the other two families had separate staircases that led to our bedrooms and bathrooms at opposite ends of the house. The main living area was spacious and open to the dining and kitchen areas... and to the lanai which wrapped around the whole ocean side and included the hot tub. The location was ideal for young, first time snorkelers. The reef out from Anini Beach breaks the waves before they hit shore, providing us with very safe and large area to snorkel. The snorkeling just outside the house was perfect for first timers, probably boring for those who snorkel a lot. As you swim out towards the reef (which my 5 and 7 year olds did comfortably) you encounter more and more see creatures. We saw an abundance of fish, and octopus, several eel, urchins, etc. Just down the beach is where the sea turtles hang out.... at least in February which is when we went. My girls never wanted to leave the beach. The house was great, but definitely rough around the edges. It was clean and very well stocked (snorkel gear, boogie boards, towels, all the pots and pans, dishes, etc. you could ever want) but had many electrical appliance issues. When we arrived on a Saturday, the dishwasher was broken. The was a note that it would be repaired soon. It was replaced on Thursday. In addition, the TV blew a fuse and stopped working, the main refrigerator (there were two) didn't quite keep the ice cream frozen and the its door frame was literally hot, two lamps didn't work, and most of the fire detectors are missing. We did call about these things and the house keeper came over the next morning and replaced the TV and the lamps. The hot tub worked and we enjoyed it, but we never quite got the hang of how to adjust the temp. Also, we had to crawl under the house (literally) to switch the tub on after it would turn off. There are more light switches in this house than perhaps any I've ever encountered each with a little label telling you what it goes to. That was more humorous than anything. We enjoyed the awesome winter rain storms AND the chickens and roosters that live... well... everywhere. The bottom line regarding the place was that we would stay here again. The price was right, layout perfect for three families units, and location perfect for kids. My main suggestion is that the fire detectors all be replaced and the hot tub issue (ease of use) be addressed.
Jodie P., Langley, WA, 2.28.11
- The condo was more than we could have imagined - absolutely amazing! The view was spectacular. Being in Kauai was great but having a gorgeous place to stay was the best part of our trip. Thank you!
Mindy F., Bellingham, WA, 2.1.11
- 1. Location, location, location 2. Service was good 3. Best part of my trip was location of home 4. The best restaurant was Lemongrass 5. The best picture was as the cave by Napali climbing vines 6. Mesquito spray
Diana P., Pinon Hills, Ca, 10.12.10
- the privacy of each room and location to the beach. Postcards in Hanalei. all of us at the house the weather was great and how much we love Kauai Catamaran Kahanu Na Pali snorkeling trip. the wonderful farmer's markets in north shore. going kayaking.
Janet C., Graton, California, 9.22.10
- The location was PERFECT!!! It isn't an extremely fancy house which is what we loved. We felt extremely comfortable and could really relax and enjoy the house. And since the water at that beach is surrounded by so much coral there are no waves. It is the perfect place for kids to play and you do not worry about them at all. The North Shore is amazing and the house is a perfect location to Princeville and Hanalie Bay. Zip lining at Princeville Ranch was probably the coolest thing we have ever done and the views were spectacular. We all plan to rent this house again in the future and would recommend it to anyone.
Nikki T., Fremont, CA, 9.8.10
- The condo was really well equipped with five buggie boards, beach chairs and beach towels. Also the Unit was very well kept and had lots of space.
Susan C., Roseville, California, 8.5.10
- the unit was big enough for the family service was very good i will recommend the unit and the whole facilty to my friends kauai is wonderfull
Heinz H., Graz, Styria, 7.31.10
- The view from PKK 118 is spectacular! It was wonderful to start each day with a cup of coffee and fresh pineapple on the lanai while looking out at Hanalei Bay and Na Pali coast and to end each day with a cocktail on the lanai while we watched the sunset. Hideaway Beach, an easy walk down the bluff from the unit, is a good snorkeling spot. The condo is comfortable, nicely furnished, and was well stocked with towels and other essentials (the only odd thing is that the water from the water dispenser on the front of the refrigerator tasted moldy, so we didn't use it). We spent every day exploring new places to snorkel and swim. Great spots for snorkeling include Ke'e Beach, Tunnels, and 'Anini Beach. We saw several turtles, eels, an octopus, in addition to a huge variety of fish. Great swimming spots include Kalihiwa Bay, Ha'ena Beach Park, and Kahalahala Beach. This was our first time staying on the north end of Kauai, so we decided to focus on the north end and not spend too much time driving all over the island. We have stayed in Kapaa twice before, so didn't feel the need to go to that area on this trip. The north end of the island in the summer can't be beat!
Nancy P., Olympia, WA, 7.19.10
- This is the second year I have booked a condo with this company. What an amazing place to stay for our second trip to Kauai! We loved every aspect of this condo. The beds were amazing, the unit was equipped with fun beach accessories, their was every kind of cooking utensil available. The complex was quiet and very accessible to the Hideaways beach. Some great snorkeling there that we didn't know about last year. I will be requesting this unit again for next year! We had six family members and everyone had very nice accomodations. We loved Scotty's in Kapaa - great barbeque. The Bull Shed in Lihue was also excellent. Very disappointed in the Hanalei Dolphin this year - food horrible. We had a great time on our Kayak Kauai trip to the Secret Falls, we tubed the sugar plantation with Kauai Backcountry adventures (great guides) and did an ATV backcountry tour Kipu Ranch adventures (would not spend the money on the ATV tour - not worth it.) Thanks again for a lovely vacation - I did not want to come home!!
Shannon C., Cave Creek, Arizona, 6.29.10
- The unit was great, very close to perfect. The sun shines into the unit in the afternoon. I noticed some units have shades outside to drop down over the lani. This could cut down on the afternoon heat gain in the unit. The bed is too soft. This unit had the best view. Two of the chairs on the lani had cusions. That was so nice most units just had hard plastic chairs. Customer service was good. the directions that you e-mailed were easy to follow. The directions for the unit on the frig were clear and concise. The kitchen had everything you could possibly need. I can't really think of any thing to improve, you guys have obvious been doing this for awhile. Thank you for allowing us to rent the unit. We only stayed a week in kauai. I would return again but I think we would need 10 more days to really see kauai. I would not hesitate to stay in this unit again if it was available.
Frances F., Forestville, CA., 5.10.10
- It is a beautiful location and house. Unfortunately, it is becoming worn in the beds, sheets, towels, barbecue and some furniture. For the price, it should all be first rate. We will not be returning there next year.
John H., Medical Lake, WA, 5.3.10
- the location was the most beautiful spot we have ever stayed at the customer service could have been better, someone came and took family pictures off the wall while we were up in the high ground during the tsunami warning, we had to call the rental agent to find out what happened to them, they should have told us, we try to take good care of the places we rent. Also any relative should not be able to just walk into a house which is being rented for $5000 a week, we should be insured of some privacy. the best part of our trip was being where we were with our loved ones the best restaurant was the Beach House the best picture was the family on the lawn of the house we tell our friends that Kauai is beautiful but is getting too full of big condo units & less trees As we have been to the Hawaiian islands 12 times we know what expect, however the constant destruction and construction on the house next door was an unpleasant part of our stay. The Stone House is a beautiful place but needs some loving care, several unstairs windows need repair, the downstairs bedroom windows were stuck open, we fixed them as there would be easy access to the house thru them, most blinds were not working, we fixed two of them, toaster oven not fully working, bed covers & shams need washing, dining room chair broken, we still would like to come back, would buy the house if ever for sale but hope to come back in 2012 for my husbands 75th birthday. We have seen that house every time we have been in Kauai, it will always be the most wonderful location to me our stay was almost perfect, the construction was no ones fault, but the things that need attention in the house should be addressed. I know whoever took the pictures off the wall was only saving the family heritage, but some consideration could have been shown to us, we were enjoying the family history (book & photos) and the blank wall (full of nail holes) was a shock when we returned from high ground and remained that way for the rest of our stay. The lawns, trees and construction of the Stone House are wonderful and beautiful.
Anne S., Jamesville, NY, 3.28.10
- Our particular unit was beautiful, the ocean view gorgeous, the staff accommodating when needed and most importantly, the resort was so close to immediate needs.......... grocery market, drug store, small cafes, shoppes and banks. The restaurant reopened while we were there--and is sure to be a hit. The resort is located such that with a 30-minute drive in either direction, visitors have a completely different tourist experience. Only concern--prepare for the 10 a.m. checkout--it is a bit early. All our guests said our condo was the best--the most beautifully appointed-- and on the fourth floor, the best located!!
Carolee M., Denton, TX, 2.18.10
- The cottage is a perfect place for a getaway with someone you hold dear. The view is worth more than what is charged to stay at the cottage. Also the close proximity to everything on the north shore is a big plus!
Paul D., Oakland, CA, 1.20.10
- The area was beautiful as always, the house was very nice, excellant location. I would recomend that you put a new gas grill at the house and also adjust the hot water in the master bedroom shower. The service was excellent and the cleaning people did an excellant job cleaning the unit before we checked in. The best restaurant I found was Tidepools at the Hyatt. The sunshine helicopter tour was excellent as was the whale watching. The best insider tip I received was the fish market in old town. I plan on comming back next year for a month in either January or February
Philip D., Medford, MA, 1.17.10
- The house was wonderful! All eight of us enjoyed the stay, especially breakfasting on the balcony. One morning two sea turtles were frolicing right below us. Sons-in-law and older grandchildren enjoyed a day up the canyon, zip lines, kayaking, etc. I especially enjoyed the National Tropical Botanical Gardens, an easy walk from the house. Best restaurant = Casablanca. Best carry-out = Poipu Grill, another easy walk from the house. Next time I'll try the garlic shrimp from the truck that parks at one end of Hoona Lane.
Harriet M., Alexandria, VA, 1.6.10
- Hale Moana was a great place to stay; private, quite, relaxing, and all the amenities of home with no extra charge for the unbelievable sunsets. Customer service was great, two minor issues we noticed when we arrived were handled within hours of reporting them. I can't think of a down side worth mentioning in regards to staying in this unit, my wife and I enjoyed all 11 days there and would not hesitate to stay there again. If you do make it here be sure to ask the locals for direction to the Kipu falls swimming hole (the hike is well worth the effort) and if you'd like an unforgettable adventure be sure to make it up to the Port Allen airstrip for a motorized micro-light flight over the island with Jim Gaither at Big Sky Kauai. It may not replace a helicopter tour but its a most exhilarating experience and a very up-close view of things you'll never see otherwise. Many thanks to Home Away and Island Rentals for helping make our time on the island most memorable.
Ron P., Baltimore, Maryland, 10.24.09
- This rental had lots of roaches and ants even after the extriminator was called and did whatever he did. Poor maintenance, ie broken light switches, etc throughout (I got tired of fixing them). The villa (especially apppliances) was dirty in fact we called in house cleaner to do a once over. The view was nice, not much beach.
Michael L., Ogden, Ut, 10.6.09
- don't let the drive up to the resort fool you once inside we never heard traffic on the hwy you wouldn't even know it was there the views in this condo were unbelievable! to have the ocean lull you to sleep every evening was wonderful . the pictures you see on the internet site are honest .the resort was very nice we have stayed at the Hyatt every year (on Poipu) since it opened, so we didn't know what to expect of our first condo experience. It was nice to have a kitchen , living room , bedroom all with oceanfront views. If i could compare it I would say the pool, design of the buildings, were very reminisent of the Hyatt on a much smaller scale. We had drinks (Mai Tais) upon our arrival down by the pool ( the hostess at the beach house said they were the absolute best) and she was right thank you Jason! our favorite place to eat turned out to be the Lemongrass grill !what a wonderful menu and the food was a 10+the ahi with the passion fruit aioli sauce was unbelievable! (catch of the day) service was 10+. We booked our trip thru Hawaiian vacation rentals the staff was nice (sheila) and very helpful. we look forward to staying in this unit next year "good by Hyatt hello Waipouli G404!see you next year!
Lorraine T., Newbury park, California, 9.17.09
- The Menehune Hale met and exceeded our expectations. Spacious rooms, privacy and togetherness space both, were great. The thoughtful amenities provided, including lots of beach towels and beach play equipment were especially useful. I would recommend to those who don't want to be awakened by roosters before dawn to bring earplugs! I also recommend getting instructions on how to operate the jacuzzi/hot tub. Be sure to visit Tahiti Nui's in Hannalei for delicious food (even though it doesn't look much like a restaurant) as well as live music that is a pleasure to relax to. I look forward to returning someday, and have already recommended this great place to several friends.
Mary W., Washington, DC, 9.12.09
- The only "less than excellent" rating is regarding the sofa bed. It is impossible to sleep on even with the added mattress pad. A blow-up bed would be more comfortable or the unit should be advertised as one bed. The rest of the unit was beautiful, well appointed and maintained and the housekeeper was very helpuful and gracious.
Patricia C., Anchorage, Alaska, 7.19.09
- We loved our stay at Menehune Hale on Anini Beach. The location of the house is wonderful. Very peaceful and calm. The North Shore area is definitely the best place to stay, and it was wonderful to have such amazing ocean views from the house. We enjoyed many beaches in the area. Ke'e beach was one of our favorites. We loved North Shore Charters for the Napili Coast tour. The Tubing from Kauai backcountry was a great family adventure. Hanalei is the most wonderful town. We ate terrific meals there at Postcards, Kalypso, Dolphin, Hanalei Gourmet, and Wake up Hanalei. We loved the Lighthouse Bistro and the ice cream shop up there!! For others who stay in Menehune Hale, the house is not in pristine condition...many things are worn out. It is the location that is so great. My advice to others is stay on the North Shore!! Driving all over the island isn't worth it when all the best things are right out your back door!
Jane W., Carlsbad, CA, 7.9.09
- This unit was very nice and we would definitely stay there again!
Cheryl P., Ridgefield, WA, 2.23.09
- A truly beautiful home. We were very grateful to have been able to stay even if for a short period of time. Would definately like to go back. Thank you. Leigh Vickerstaff
Leigh V., West Vancouver, B.C., 1.8.09
- The view from this condo is wonderful. We spent hours looking at the ocean. The turtles came up everyday close to the shore and you can see whales in the distance. Also, we had a wonderful view of the surfers. The best "insider tip" is the restaurant/bar TomKats in Koloa. The food and service are great. Very reasonable for the islands. Also, the best Mai Tai's in Kauai in our opinion. Only two negatives. One was the outside hallway light came through the drape at night. Had to hang a blanket over the window so we could sleep. Number 2 were the twin beds in the second bedroom. My son who is only 5'11" feet hung off the end of the bed.
Juanita S., Granada Hills, CA, 1.8.09
- We had a 15 days at Whalers Cove. The unit was excellent with views of the sea including passing humpback whales. The owner has done a wonderful job providing a comfortable place with all the extras one could desire. Two minor gliches were handled promptly by the rental agent. Two things that might be helpful for future users of this unit. 1) The instructions to get to the unit need to be updated. There is now a rotary that one needs to go around on the road from Koloa and there are a couple of sentences in the directions that are redundant making the final turns a bit confusing. Fortunately we had scoped out the directions with our mapping program on our computer and were able to get to the unit without a problem. 2) The arrangements for this unit are NOT made with the Whalers Cove management. What this means is some of the amenities provided to the other units are not included for Whalers Cove 113-2 rental. Where we got a bit confused is reading in the travel guides it said daily maid service is included. However, this is not so for unit 113-2. When you consider the rate we paid for this unit (which we thought was the best unit on the property) was about half the top published rate for the deluxe 2 bedroom Whalers Cove units, we were very happy to go without the extras. The best activity we did was to take the Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour of the island. We fist tried to book with one of Blue Hawaiian's competitors. After being rescheduled twice (a day or two later each time) we called Blue Hawaiian and had the trip scheduled for the same day! Thank you for your part in making out trip a great experience.
Ron B., Laconia, New Hampshire, 1.8.09
- Jungle/Beach setting in a upscale home Customer service was first rate. Activiites such as ocean, jungle (Zip Line) Best restaurant we found was the Barracuda in Hanelai Advise any who stay at this locale do so for 10 days or more to really get into the ambiance of the area. The great thing about the Island is its size where we could go to a Lua at the Hyatt in the south and be back in Hanelai on the North West coast in an hour and a half.
Mark S., Kamloops, British Columbia, 1.3.09
- Great View! We looked forward to returning to the unit after exploring many of Kauai activities. A very peaceful and relaxing place to stay. All had a great time, Thanks!
Christopher W., Liverpool, New York, 12.28.08
- The best feature of Kahalekai is the fantastic view and locale. The best part of our vacation was ATV-ing at Kipu Adventures where we took our most favorite pictures. The best restaurant was Roy's. We loved Snorkle Bob's. We ate tons of ice cream at Lappert's. Do not take the Wailua Kayak & Canoe guided tour as the guides are surly, rude, and rush you. Thumbs way down for them.
Judy S., Oregon City, Oregon, 11.14.08
- Honulani the villa is lovely, although my wife found some of the decor rather dated, especially in the bathroom. The view was fantastic...when it wasn't obscured by the groups of young surfers traipsing through the front yard into the back garden, sitting on the wall at the end of the garden or making use of the garden hose to wash themselves down after a heavy surfing workout. This was obviously a problem for other visitors before us, as demonstrated by entries in the guest book. However, a solution, even if only partial was found and a gate was put up across the entry into the front yard. My wife removed the hose and hey presto, after much rather comical reactions by the surfer dudes when they realised that the hose was no longer there (all captured nicely on video) we had far fewer unwated guests. Let me make myself very clear...We really enjoyed ouyr stay in Honulani and loved the villa itself, but the first couple of days of our much too short stay was very blighted by the completely unexpected intrusion into our expensive holiday home of truculent and unpleasant visitors. We paid thousands of dollars for a peaceful and beatiful view of the Kauaian coast, and we didn't get it. Of course, the ongoing (for months) construction work next door was unexpected as well. Would we rent Honulani again? Yes, but checking to make sure that these unexpected things would not affect us again. We took a helcopter trip with Blue Hawaiian. Highly recommended and well worth the expense.
Marek J., London, UK, 9.10.08
- My family really liked Hanalei Bay Resort. Our unit had the perfect location. We had a beautiful view from our Lanai. We could see the pool, the ocean, the mountains, and lots of beautiful vegetation. If you have children that prefer a pool over the beach this is the place for you. There is a nice sand beach with in a 5 min walk. One thing could have made it better, that is if the resturant and bar were open.
Diane D., Encinitas, California, 8.31.08
- Great View of the Ocean. Customer Service was exceptional - always able to contact someone or if they were away from their desk they called right back - very cooperative. The best restaurant was the Hanalei Dolphin, with La Cascata followed by Kalypso (for casual) The best I took was of the sunset, my son got one of a sea turtle. I would definitely recommend the 222 Pali Ke Kua to others. Great experience....
Ron B., Las Vegas, NV, 8.25.08
- This house was a very good value, and a great location, right across from the path to Hanalei Bay and walking distance to town. It has great views out the back of the mountains and waterfalls. We very much enjoyed our stay here. It is a perfect house for 5 or 6 people.
Darby B., San Francisco, CA, 8.12.08
- The unit was beautiful, and well furnished. I didn't like the shower heads. Unfortunately the unit also had ants in the kitchen. The pool was great. When we checked in the unit had not been cleaned. After talking with Cyrilla@ Remax, (who wasn't very friendly) she arranged cleaning. It was several hours before we were able to access the unit. I would recommend the Waipouli Beach Resort.
Lenita A., Los Angeles, CA, 8.5.08
- Waipouli Beach Resort C105 was the best place I have EVER stayed in. All the room accommodations were high grade quality. We went to Kauai for a baseball tournament and the large bathtubs were excellent for soaking after a long game. The pool was amazing with the waterfalls and slides along with the food at the bar/grill. We would definitely return and tell all our friends about this place.
Lisa O., Ewa Beach, Hawaii, 7.28.08
101 - 200 of 292
Kauai vacation reviews