- Kauai vacation reviews
101 - 200 of 331
Kauai vacation reviews
- Our family of 6 adults loved Hale Nalu! Immaculate upon arrival, very complete kitchen, priceless location and views, good privacy. Somehow we missed the info about the dozen outside stairs to get down to the beach. We loved dining on the deck and never having to change to go out for any meals. Renting a house made this the most relaxing vaca we have ever had! From "our" patio we saw whales, dolphins, turtles, surfers, and maybe a shark. While wading at Baby Beach a turtle came within an inch! If we had to change anything it would be the great room furniture. We found the day-bed style couch & chairs too deep to be comfortable and not enough seating for 6.
Pam N., Littleton, CO, 12.3.13
- the stay was wonderful. Quality, service, cleanliness and yes to recommending. Best part was the location and absolute quiet and rest. Being so far out we would have wanted the the fins and equipment to be in better shape. Fins unusable. Long drive to town to rent what was listed as provided. Beach chair with broken strap....Not much to complain about overall....
Sharron S., Newport Beach CA, CA, 11.14.13
- The overall quality was excellant. The one screen needs repair. All the lights needed cleaning. The door under the sink (cupboard door needs something, it opens on its own.) Other than that everything was exceptional. Loved the location, Loved the house, absolutely no compaints.
Carol B., Nipissing, ON, 11.14.13
- I personally like to "Thank you ". It was our first time to staying at a condo instead of a hotel. Before arriving we received all of the instructions how to get in our condo. The instructions were very clear and simple. The minute we opened the door to our condo we were impressed at how nice it was and were also impressed at how everything looked. It is 100 % better than the picture we saw on the internet. There were all new appliances, clean bedrooms, bathrooms and comfortable beds. And everything was set for a comfortable (awesome) vacation. Kitchen was fully stocked and everything was in excellent condition. Waipouli Beach Resort has a beautiful beach, pool area and several hot tub areas. We had a pleasant time in Kauai and also renting property from Vacation Rental was an excellent experience for us. Thank you for making our vacation plesant.
Olena B., 11.11.13
- We had a lovely time in Kauai and the house was perfect for our family. We were able to spread out and found the kitchen well-stocked and able to cook delicious meals with a table big enough for our entire family. The view from the deck was so beautiful and we loved the small pool! We will carry the memories with us for a very long time. (written October 2011)
- Beautiful Bird of Paradise! We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Kauai. We found "Bird of Paradise" by going to vacation home rentals available in Poipu and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The house is beautiful. Well stocked, complete with beach towels, snorkel gear, boogie boards and beach chairs. The laundry room was great for the 8 of us as it is equipped with 2 washers and 2 dryers. The kitchen was well equipped as well, complete with lots of pots and pans, dishes, cutlery and even a waffle iron. (makes excellent waffles :) The bedrooms were cozy, lots of closet space. The suite away from the main house was great! My daughter and grandaughter stayed there and they had there own entrance, frige,microwave and t.v. Nice and private for earlier bedtimes. Ning Gulari was awesome at communicating months before our trip. She always returned e-mails promptly. We were also happy with our security deposit refund. Received it via pay-pal before our bags were unpacked. The home is spacious, clean and is in an excellent neighbourhood. Close to beaches, pool and even a small shopping mall. We treated it like we would our own home and would not hesitate to recommend it anyone. For anyone lucky enough to be heading to Kauai with a larger group this is a great home to stay in. (written June 2009)
- Our family of 7 (6 adults and one teen) had a fabulous time at your beautiful home. The house was so spacious and comfortable for all of us and we never felt crowded. We even had a honeymooning couple in the seperate master guest room and they were in complete privacy when they wanted it. Your home lacked nothing in amenities, and we especially appreciated the brand new snorkelling equipment and boogie boards that were waiting for us. The guidebooks in the home were really helpful, and the location couldn't have been more convenient for walking to either Poipu Beach or Shipwreck Beach. We were able to easily walk to the Hyatt Luau (which was very good and we would highly recommend). Every morning we marvelled in the gorgeous sunrises while eating our breakfast on the lanai. We savored the views and tradewinds each afternoon while relaxing on the loungechairs on the lanai and shared stories from our day. The experience will leave a forever lasting memory. The best overall word to describe the house is comfortable, but it was so much more! (written September 2011)
- Fantastic!! This was truly our home away from home vacation. We had such a wonderful time at the Bird of Paradise home and would fully recommend it to anyone!!! We spent 5 nights in Kauai and then 4 in Honolulu at a hotel. We have already decided that we will definitely return to Kauai! This island truly is paradise!! (written October 2011)
- Thank you for sharing your wonderful home. We had a Christmas and New years family reunion we will never forget.We were 6 adults and 2 children and there was plenty of room and privacy for all. Everything you could possibly need was provided for, from two washers and dryers to boogie boards,beach towels ,a well stocked kitchen and a beautiful view. We also loved the pool.We will definitely stay in this home again if we are ever in the area. Mahalo (written January 2012)
- Beautiful! perfect for the family. Well stocked.
Christine M., 10.27.13
- We were on the island for a wedding. Two cousins had not seen each other for close to 16 years. The unit was an absolute treasure. Clean, comfortable and everything in great working order. I would definitely stay here again and will also be recommending it to my friends and family. Thank you for assisting with a most memorable trip.
M A., 10.13.13
- A wonderful property. The view and peacefulness are the best! This place has everything one could need. The complex is beautifully landscaped and the pool is very nice. The access to the beach is so wonderful! The booking agent was wonderful as was the property manager. The unit was generally clean although it could use a deep cleaning in some of the out of the way places like bathroom light covers and paneling along the wall in the entry and living room was dirty. All of the window screens were dirty. But as I said, it was generally clean- just needs a good spring cleaning. The beds were comfortable. It was wonderful having ceiling fans! The unit was very quiet and peaceful. We appreciated the fully appointed kitchen. We were very happy with our home away from home and would highly recommend it. We would most definitely stay here again. Thank you so much!
Carol E., 10.4.13
- Great condo and resort! Top end quality for our condo and the resort. Condo was spacious and well equipped. Read the kitchen was lacking but it had many appliances and plenty of cooking, eating, and dishware. Nice to have the washer/dryer. Beautiful grounds. Kids loved the pool. Good customer service. A/C went out on 4th day(blown compressor). The property manager had them come in next morning. Offered to refund some of our cost. Things happen. Fans helped. Will come back here again no doubt. Love Kauai. Oh yea. Very quiet complex. Lots of families. Ocean a few steps away from condo. Go!!!!
Silvia L., 8.27.13
- This is a beautiful property with [literally] a postcard view from the beach right out back. The house is wonderfully furnished with all the kitchen utensils you could need for a stay. (Well maybe not a turkey platter or fish knives for six, but champagne glasses with which to toast sunrise over Bali Hai!) The grounds and houses were very clean and the property manager, was helpful and very easy to work with. I would return in a heartbeat. You're essentially at the end of the road at the end of the state at the end of the country, so cell phone and internet can be a bit spotty. If you live online 24/7 be prepared (though you probably shouldn't go to Haena in the first place).
Steve S., Chicago, IL, 8.14.13
- Nice home- could use some updating, box springs on the beds and a television that worked in the living room though. Liked the golf course location and the pool. Would recommend it to friends with those exceptions.
Dave S., Andover, MN, 8.14.13
- There were 10 in our party and the house accommodated us nicely. We enjoyed our stay very much. The house is in a perfect location and the solar heated pool was a plus. I would give it 5 stars but the carpet on the stairs was filthy and the tub in the upstairs bath was stopped up. The fan in the upstairs living area needs repair as well as the kitchen faucet. These repairs are minor and we would consider renting the house again.
Joanne C., San Luis Obispo, CA, 8.5.13
- Overall quality is excellent. The kitchen especially is very well-appointed with a full range of cooking accoutrements and handy items like saran wrap and paper towels. The decor is stunning and one can immediately tell the attention to detail that the designer brought to the condo. It comes equipped with a plethora of beach towels and gear. The view from Pua Poa as well as its location are both fantastic, and for the adventurous soul, a trek down to hideaways beach is worth the peril. The booking agents were all very helpful with lots of aloha. The sad thing is I would not book this rental again because their brand new top of the line super fancy washer broke a few days into our trip. Because it was under warranty, it was not fixed by the time we left and we were not given any alternative place to launder our clothes. Since being able to wash clothes and towels for our little ones was the primary reason for renting vs. booking a nice hotel, obviously having a broken washer was not great for us and our needs. Other than that, it was a fabulous condo.
Courtney R., 7.30.13
- Dear Bruna, Ka Hale o Luina was EXACTLY what we were looking for after completing an intense year long project! We had the most wonderful and relaxing time and happily look forward to the next time we can return! Everything was perfect! Best, Patty and Luc
Luc E., Hermosa beach, CA, 7.24.13
- FIVE STARS for gorgeous Hale Ohana Kauai *****Our family enjoyed a fabulous vacation in this amazing house in an idyllic setting. The house is a destination in itself, with the private baths in every bedroom, a family size kitchen, the loft ceilings, and the incredible views from every room. The huge lanai was the perfect place to lounge in the shade, enjoy the sunset, eat dinner, or watch the ocean. The grassy lawn was a fun place to frolic, do yoga, or sunbathe. We even saw sea turtles at nearby Baby Beach. We booked excursions through the concierge, which was nice because she made sure they departed close to where we were staying, for our convenience. Everything went smoothly with all our arrangements in booking for the entire trip. The condition and cleanliness of the house was excellent. The kitchen was furnished with all the pots, utensils, glassware and dishes we needed, and then some! The ceiling fans and large patio doors kept us comfortable (along with the trade winds) most all the time. I noticed that some people complained about a lack of air conditioning. I can't imagine ever wanting to shut all the doors and windows in Hawaii. We knew that we were vacationing on a tropical island and were prepared to go swimming if we got warm! Besides, one of the very best things about Hale Ohana Kauai is hearing the surf. From Hale Ohana we could walk to a very new shopping center that has high end stores, nice restaurants, and a gourmet farmer's market once a week. All in all, it was a perfect vacation in paradise!
Marilyn W., La Verne, CA, 7.24.13
- Beautiful home. Excellent snorkeling just in the backyard! LOVED the pool. We would definitely rent this house again and will recommend the home. Thank you.
Augusto V. S., St. Albert, AB, 7.23.13
- We had an incredible time and the place was fantastic. We will book with you folks again. No issues what so ever.
Brad W., 7.14.13
- Great house all way round. Has a short and direct path to the beach. House has a huge back yard with beautiful mountain views. Very little street noise. And, yes we would be more than open to staying here again. Barry Sonoma
Barry A., Sonoma, CA, 6.19.13
- A wonderful vacation rental at a spectacular location! The house was clean and stocked with all the amenities of home. The surrounding property was well maintained and lush with tropical foliage. We spent most of our time on the large front lanai and had a beautiful view of the ocean, which is located across a quiet dirt road. All the beach supplies (chairs, towels, floaties, snorkel equip and toys) were available and in good condition. Very respectful and personable owner. We love Anini beach and would most definitely recommend this home to anyone who visits Kauai :-)
Iris S., Bellevue, WA, 5.8.13
- Our stay at A404 was wonderful and everything we expected. For parents of 2 young boys (turning 2 and 3), it was a great condo layout with plenty of bathrooms when multiple people need the potty! We would have given a perfect 5 star rating had the following been met: 1) consistent wifi connection - the wifi was great when it worked, however, we would need to switch between the resorts free 24-hour wifi (which required going through another connection and an online agreement) and the router in the condo every 24-hours. Being from the Bay Area, we are heavy wifi users - both of our kids have ipads and ipods, my husband and I have 2 laptops, 2 iphones, a total of 8 devices, of which 4 required connection at once. 2) Brita water pitcher - this is more of a "nice to have" - since the fridge does not provide filtered water, or ice cubes, we were left to buy water. All in all, this was such a lovely unit, with a gourmet kitchen and utensils which made it so easy for cooking meals, and cleaning dishes! The ocean views were amazing, seeing the sunrise, and listening to the ocean made for a relaxing time. We also appreciated the location of this resort, as its right across the street from Safeway, Starbucks and other eateries. The customer service was professional and responsive. One of the patio door locks fell off and the screen from the screen door came off - someone came over and fixed them all while we were out touring the island. We also LOVED the keyless entry to the unit....there's no key to lose when out at the pool or beach!! This is a wonderful feature!! I would highly recommend staying here and would be happy to come back again. Thank you for a wonderful stay!
Gina K., 4.30.13
- House was nice but some basic additions would make it great! - Repair flat tire on bike in garage so it could be used - Repair patio door in master bedroom so it can lock - guests would feel safer! - Provide basic scale for guests to check luggage weight - Wash towels just before guests arrive - they had a dusty, musty smell - Check house phone - had some issues with making local calls. It would work for one or two calls then die. Battery is charged so not sure what the issue was.
Donna T., 4.9.13
- The Honulani exceeded our expectations! The photographs on the website don't do it justice. And the reviews about fishermen on the wall had me a bit worried, but lo, not one fisherman all week. We had the most private, comfortable, relaxing stay at the Honulani! Making arrangements with Vacation Rental Agent were smooth and easy. Only one small complaint - I called to ask if the Honulani has Wifi, and the agent never returned my call even though I left both the house phone number and my cell. The home was immaculate, and we were greeted with fresh Hawaiian flowers in the entryway. The public rooms are large and comfortably furnished. The master bedroom is spacious, and the other bedrooms were perfectly comfortable for our 4 children ages 17-25. The kitchen is equipped with everything you could possibly need and more. Unlike other rentals I've used, this one was supplied with plenty of everyday needs - soap, tissues, paper towels, etc. There is even one closet with an abundance of beach towels. There were straw beach mats in the garage, and even a couple of sun hats. All these touches made us feel right at home! Sitting on the deck each morning to enjoy the ocean view was like a dream - it's postcard perfect. We snorkeled right in front of the house, swam in the pool, and loved the large backyard for frisbee. We would definitely book this rental again and recommend it to our friends. We were out each day enjoying beautiful Kauai, hiking, kayaking, boating, visiting the nearby botanical gardens, but it was wonderful to come back to the Honulani to relax and be together. We all feel very spoiled after staying in this beautiful home!
Gerilyn D., Fair Oaks, CA, 4.2.13
- Kauai Paradise house is perfectly located for exploring the north shore. The ocean views are wonderful and every night we were lulled to sleep by the sound of waves. It is in a rural and quiet location. The convenience of having Wainhia General Store and Red Hot Mamas right across the street was amazing. Although it is set on the main highway, the daytime traffic was not an issue as it doesn't pick up until about 10am and after 6pm it dwindles to hardly anything. The house is clean and well maintained. The two master suites are spacious and comfortable with sliding doors to lanai and ocean views. The third bedroom suite is smaller with no view, but plenty of room for two. We took full advantage of the kitchen which was very well stocked for cooking nice dinners for the 5 of us. The only complaint here is the knives. They were extremely dull, as was the knife sharpener. If you like to walk, plan to get in your car (or kayak!) first. The beach (located across a river channel) is not easily accessible and the highway is narrow with no sidewalks. The one-way bridges make walking in the area especially challenging. But, there are plenty of parking areas and beach access points within 1/2 mile either way of the house. You also need to be very quiet in the evenings, as small children living next door to the east go to bed early. We were a bit shocked when, enjoying a game of cards on the lanai at 9:30pm, the mother screamed at us and used a few four letter words without any prior warning. So, we took our evening games indoors for the rest of the week. Too bad she had to be so nasty. Overall, we are very happy with our experience and would definitely stay there again.
Debra S., Glendale, CA, 3.27.13
- Really great condo... great value for money. Clean, well maintained and excellent location. Safeway across the street so very convenient. Pool and hot tubs were awesome! Very comfortable beds. Large kitchen with high end appliances. Only complaints are that the kitchen needs a good knife and another larger cutting board. Otherwise, it was perfect and we'd definitely stay there again.
Jane H., 3.4.13
- Very good condo. As advertised. Great views. Wonderful amenities inside and out of the room. Would stay here again next visit to Kauai. Great location in Kapaa across the street from Safeway and other shopping including the islands best ice cream store. All arrangements for rental were handled professionally. Rental was clean and will stocked. Bedroom pillows could be better if I had to gripe about anything. Highly recommended nonetheless.
Naeem H., 3.4.13
- This is the best value we have been able to find anywhere in Hawaii. It is our third time and we plan to return.
Donald L., Vancouver, WA, 2.23.13
- The house location and amentities were perfect -- it's a comfortable home, with a well-stocked kitchen, and storage area with swim and sports equipment. We appreciated being met by the property manager, Ginny, who was very nice and provided lovely local snacks to welcome us. The negatives: the left from burner on the stove wasn't working and the valve on the toilet between the two guest rooms leaked, causing the toilet to run every 10 mins.
Stefanie P., Orinda, CA, 2.19.13
- Kahalelehua was simply outstanding. It is a beautiful house, ideally situated and well-stocked with towels, linen, etc. It was in immaculate condition when we arrived. We would definitely book this home again. A credit to the owners. Thank you.
Damon S., Sydney, 1.17.13
- We loved Hale Naue and found all of the amenities excellent. The location right on the beach could not be better and loved to hear the roar of the ocean every night. The home was very spacious and very nicely furnished. The whole experience was great, from the booking agent to the house manager. Unfortunately we were not blessed with sunny and rainless days throughout most of our stay, so we spent most of our days on the south end of the island. Can't do much about that! It was still beautiful and a great way to spend a relaxing holiday together. Mahalo! The Lumbards
Kelly L., Brandon, MB, 1.16.13
- The rental couldn't have been more perfect for our family of 10, including 3 granddaughters ages 1, 2-1/2 and 6. We would rent it again in a heart beat.
Aleta L., Indianola, WA, 1.1.13
- We have stayed in vacation rentals around the work and I'm glad to say this was one of the best. Its clear the home is a labor of love. From the thoroughness in which the house has been set up and appointed to the beach toys available for the kids, the finer touches are all here. I could go on and on about the house but the beach is where the magic is. We spent nearly all of our time on the deck (truly a slice of heaven) and the beach in search of the perfect shell. Haena is quite possibly the most picturesque place on the planet and this home is the perfect place to enjoy it from. Thanks for having us - I hope we can come back soon.
Jeff B., 12.11.12
- This was a lovely location, right at Baby Beach. The house is in excellent condition bar the broken hinge in the kitchen. The rooms are a good size with great lanais off all rooms facing the ocean. The area is quiet and well kept. we thoroughly enjoyed our week on Kauaii and look forward to our next visit.
Karen M., Portland, OR, 12.6.12
- Absolutely fabulous...hope we can come back! Thanks to Ginny and Laurel....I have told all our friends how great it was.....Mahalo to all! Katie Radler
Kathleen R., Alamo, CA, 12.1.12
- The room was great - as usual! Our ONLY complaint is that we could NOT get ahold of our rental agent. We left voice mails messages and emails and NEVER heard back from her! This was not our first stay at Waipouli - nor our last - but will be our last time renting from this agency.
Bobbie C., 11.27.12
- We stayed for the second time in Waipouli Condo A-404 and again had a great time there. The unit is everything that we had hoped, clean, comfortable and well equiped. Our booking agent looked after our needs in an exemplary fashion. A-404 is a premier place to spend a vacation and we would highly recommend it to all.
Pearl C., Gibbons, AB, 11.6.12
- Fantastic! Was the best part of the trip. The back lanai looking over the ocean was fantastic. If the owners ever want to sell. Put me on line! Great place and we plan on making a trip there a family tradition
Shannon W., Murphy, TX, 9.29.12
- Kuhio Shores 211 is located on a beautiful property but the unit itself is in desperate need of updating. The unit was clean but the furniture is not comfortable, older TV with no DVD player but a VCR (who uses VCRs anymore?), appliances are on their last leg (can't put much in the refrigerator or it stops working, dishwasher leaks). The drapes in the bedrooms need to be replaced with shutters (or at least a blackout curtain) in order to keep out the light from outdoor lights at night. Unit location is good and the view of the ocean is spectacular. I would not recommend this unit to others but would recommend Kuhio Shores. I will hold off reviewing your agency until I see how long it takes to get my deposit returned (up to 60 days is ridiculous!)
Cindy S., San Ramon, CA, 9.17.12
- We had a great stay at Pali Ke Kua 241. We were able to book it on short notice, and stayed for six nights. The unit is very well located, within 10 minutes walking distance to several nice beaches including one on Hanalei Bay itself. The unit was very clean when we arrived, and although we had some maintenance issues (lights out) during our stay, the staff was very responsive. We would definitely return.
Jim K., 8.25.12
- We stayed at Hale Ohana to celebrate my husbands 40th bday. The house was beautiful and we absolutely loved the views. The customer service was great. The beach is very mellow and good for smaller children. The best part of our trip was the amazing sunsets from the lanai. Our trip was one we will cherish always.
Richard M., Garden Grove, CA, 8.20.12
- What can I say except this place was very nice and comfortable. We didn't want to leave.
Brittan A., 8.6.12
- The view is absolutley amazing!!!!! Great location:)
Corine M., 7.17.12
- Really great place. Clean, well apportioned, roomy, almost everything you could want! Definitely delivered on what the advertising depicted. To elevate to 5 stars, please look at the following: - Our experience at the restaurant was terrible. After being seated, no one even looked our direction for 20 minutes, even after holding our hand up and saying 'excuse me' to get someone's attention. What's worse, there were only 9 other customers there. Got up to leave and a sarcastic young lady followed us down the sidewalk asking what our problem was. - A bar or poolside place to get snacks, hot dogs, or cocktails would be a better use of that space. - Not enough reusables for our 9 day stay. Would have appreciated more paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, etc. - Beach was OK.. but raking it, and adding a couple more lounge chairs would have been great.
Gene M., 6.12.12
- The condo was in excellent condition, the service from the booking agen was very good and overall we were satisfied. We had ordered two extra beds from a vendor referred by the rental agent. The sheets that came witht he beds were not clean so we used the sheets that were available in the condo. These were also not clean. It appears your requirement that we wash towels, sheets etc. results in people leaving unclean sheets floded and put back on the shelf. It also puts hardship on people who have to packup, cleanup, wash and leave by 10 AM. Hope you will reconsider this policy. It would also help if hair drier and extra soap was provided as we ran out of soap and we had not brought any with us. We will certainly recommend this place to our friends as we liked the location and proximity to the beautiful poipue beach.
Meena A., 6.7.12
- We truly enjoyed Hale Nalu Everything in and around the house met our expectations, great location and the house was very comfortable with fantastic views and access to "baby beach" where we managed to sunbathe next to a lazy seal! Thanks, we'll be back.
Luis R., Hercules, CA, 5.28.12
- BBB II met, and exceeded all of our expectations. It was clean, roomy and charming. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking pans and untensils (I am pretty picky about my cooking stuff). . It was a very nice touch to have the beach mats,chairs, body boards and cooler for our use at the beach. It was the perfect house for out family of 2 adults and 2 teens. The staff was very nice when I screwed up the safe, and came out the day after to unlock it. (Sorry I will blame it on the sun) I could not say what the best part of our trip was, because it was all pretty amazing. We will definately reccommend it to friends, and hopefully get to return.. .
Jennifer T., Seattle, WA, 4.19.12
- The booking professional. The house is beautiful and the layout is just perfect. Watched huge turtles in the surf and come to shore to sun bathe right in front of the house.We've rented this home twice now and I'm certain we'll be back again. Aloha!
Gloria B., Dana Point, CA, 4.10.12
Craig B., Amarillo, TX, 4.10.12
- Building and facility very nice! Condo did not have what I would consider to be basic supplies like for instance no pepper and only 1 small package of coffee. We had to but alot of the basics to use the kitchen.
Kelly Z., Surrey, BC, 3.18.12
- I love kauaii but I think I would prefer to stay at Pali ke Kia in unit 246 because of the amazing Ocean view I saw while looking at the units there. I thought the cleanliness of the house was Great but this was spoiled by the most uncomfortable Sofa and living room chairs. We did enjoy the bikes in the Garage. There was no steamer for veggies However I did feel the owner had a great Eye for design but needs to get a new Sofa and comfy chairs.
Margaret G., 3.14.12
- We loved our condo!!! Great accomadations and good location on the island! We would come back here!!
Sarah L., Barberton, OH, 3.14.12
- We had torrential rains for a week. The temps were about 65 degrees. Some form of heat would have been nice. When he sun finally came out, the island is truely a paradise.
Theodore H., Wauchula, FL, 3.11.12
- Hale Nalu was all that was advertised and more. If you want oceanfront, this is the rental for you! The views are spectacular. Loved sitting on the deck watching the whales and dolphins. Short trip to Brennecke's Beach put us right at turtle cove as well. Travelled the entire island in our week there, and we were convenient to everything. Loved eating out at Merriman's. The food and service were outstanding. I only had to contact customer service once - I was worried the hammock was broken, they assured me the lawn service takes it down when they come. . What a relief! Totally loved the property and would stay there again in a second. I'm afraid it has ruined me for anything other than oceanfront from here forward!!
Pat E., Odessa, TX, 2.19.12
- We had a wonderful time, it was a belated honeymoon for my husband and I. The setting was perfect, the cottage was private, clean, comfortable and very well stocked with the necessities, such as beach towels, kitchenware and nice appliances. We loved it and the location. We want to thank you so much for finding the cottage for us, and the time you took to make sure we had what we wanted. I have now converted my husband to staying in vacation rentals rather than hotels or condos! We will definitely call you next time we come to Hawaii. Hopefully that will be soon:) One small note, not a big deal but would be nice for future guests if the can opener could be replaced. Other than that, everything worked well and we enjoyed our time there thoroughly.
Liz H., Sandy, UT, 2.14.12
- Kahlana Naue is a beautiful house in a magically beautiful location. The house has an incredibly well equipped, top of the line, kitchen, and elegant, but welcoming, furnishings, with a Hawaiian style. The view is stunning, and the house layout permits both community and privacy for a large family gathering. Each morning I walked to Ke 'ee Beach and back (4 miles roundtrip) along the road which was an easy walk, and I felt as though I was walking through a rain forest. Younger members of our group hiked along the beach to Ke 'ee. The best place we ate was the Hanelai Dolphin Restaurant. The restaurant specializes in local fish and produce, deliciously prepared. The fish market connected with the restaurant has fresh, local fish - a real treat. We came to relax with our family, have some adventure, and we look forward to returning. Also, the customer service was excellent. Do note that the weather during the winter months can be variable - not always sunny and hot all day, but it was a delight to be at this house, and the few days of rainly weather were not a barrier to enjoyment. Never needed more than a light sweater, and the sun always came out eventually on days that were not sunny all day. Overall, we had a fantastic time at the house and are eager to return.
Ruth G., Brookline, MA, MA, 2.12.12
- This unit is on the beach, but during winter months the surf is too dangerous to get into generally. You may be able to find a small corner of beach to enjoy. Our contract included beach chairs but couldn't access them, keys didn't work. There were no extra throws or blankets and it gets cool in the evening. The furniture was not the most comfortable. This unit is bland, no color, no pictures of any type, no theme. It's Hawaii...come on, set the mood. The chickens and roosters ARE everywhere. You don't bother them and they generally ignore you :) just don't complain about them, everyone feels the same way you do. And there are ants too. Be ready to slooooow down your momentum. Things don't move quickly in Kauai, speed limit to service. The best adventure on the island is whale watching during winter months and Princeville Adventures-Zipline!!!! Ask for Chris & Aaron as your guides ;) Best grilled chicken, Anahola farmers market Huli Huli chicken. Best shave ice(not shaved) is in Hanalei and in Chin Young Village the Village Snack Shop, best malasads (donut). Bubba Burgers are good, great onion rings. Don't stay in one place....drive....drive...drive and explore this island. It is breathtaking!!!!
Melinda R., Whitestown, IN, 2.12.12
- The view was fabulous.. the condo is well-equipped but bit outdated in terms of furnishings. This complex is listed as having air-conditioning-- that is not the case. Angela in the Princeville office was outstanding.. mahalo! Looking forward to coming back soon!
Joy G., Dayton, OH, 1.27.12
- The home was well-equipped, clean and comfortable. The area was quiet and set apart. Loved being on the beach -- calm waters, good snorkeling, great views of breaching whales. If one is looking for a remote location, this is it. No cell service and the land line at the house was unreliable. But the WIFI worked for searching online. If you'd rather stay closer to the "thick of things", like more of an urban or community setting, note that this was is well-off the beaten path; e.g., a trip for groceries was a 10-15 min drive. Nice amenities and great response from owner about what was available to us.
Rodney D., San Mateo, HI, 1.18.12
- The condo and facility was great. The kitchen was fully equipped so easy to cook. The view was spectacular. The restaurant at the resort needs some work but there are several choices nearby. We were all happy with the condo and would say it was a wonderful experience.
Deb D., Bainbridge Island, WA, 1.1.12
- We spent 11 days in this rental with two teenage sons. The condo was spacious enough and comfortable. The location is great and we even spotted whales off the lanai. The rental had everything we needed supplied including beach chairs, towels and boogieboards. We cooked in most nights and the kitchen is well supplied. The only suggestions I would make is that the rental needs a little TLC. We had problems with the master toilet and the refrigerator. The rental company was quick to remedy both problems though. And it would be nice if the condo complex had a shared BBQ area. It was hard to walk down the path to the common BBQ in the rain. We would definitely stay again!
Nancy F., Ventura, CA, 1.1.12
- 1. Loved the view. 2. Customer service was good. 3. Taking a jacuzzi and taking in the great views of the ocean. 4. The Beach House in Poipu The only suggestions that I have on the house is the following: New towels and washclothes. The ones provided were old and had bleach stains all over. That is unacceptable Some of the sliding glass door locks don't close easily. We had to work with several of them for quite a while before locking. That is a serious safety issue. TV didn't work because of the service, so we had no TV service for 4 days. Dishwasher was not working on Thanksgiving week. Not a good thing.....we had to wash all the dishes by hand and there were lots of them. We had 2 days of broken dishwasher. House near by had a lot of workers and a lot of noise coming from the machines used. Hard to relax outside when you hear all the machinery noise. We were not aware of this (construction )situation until the last few days prior to our arrival. Other than that, we had a nice time.
Kathleen & Garry W., Latrobe, CA, 11.28.11
- The house was wonderful for a large group. Spacious rooms, well natural breeze ventilation with the overhead fans. Exceptional well furnished and cooking serving amenities were abundant. The location to the beach, the 180 degree view, the deck, hot tub, beach chairs, was great! It was the best vacation rental I have had. My only advise would be to use bug spray. Several of us had numerous small itchy bites that we really did not see any bugs, but must have been around and it was too late to use the spray. Other than this it was an exceptional stay and extremely well furnished. Lyle
Lyle J., Post Falls, Idaho, 11.27.11
- We loved the condo, the view, the quietness, and the location near a grocery store. We would recommend this unit to everyone we know.
Terry T., Dunwoody, GA, 11.22.11
- It would have been nice for my meditation group to have been warned that there was an active construction site located directly next door !!! Up to a dozen trucks and vans arriving often as early as 6:30am was really not conducive to the peaceful atmosphere that we had expected and required.
Nohlan M., Carmel, CA, 11.10.11
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful condo. The location was great, and the condo was beautiful. Great view of the sunrise from the bedroom and living room!
Jodi S., Frisco, TX, 9.24.11
- This rental was fantastic for our group of 5! My parents (in their 60s) really enjoyed relaxing on the beautiful lanai and walking the beach in front of the house. Also, the snorkeling in front of the house was superb when the wind was down. On windier days we would take a short walk around the point where the outer reef keeps the water quite calm. Their were dozens of turtles to swim with every afternoon, definitely a highlight of the trip. My boyfriend and brother and I (in our 20s) really enjoyed the hiking that the Haena area has to offer. If you go DEFINITELY do the 2 mile Kalalua Trail to Hanakapai Beach. It is a little strenuous but worth every bit of effort. If your not a huge hiker even the first 1/2 mile of the hike offers OUTSTANDING views of the Na Pali coast.. definitely not to be missed!!! We planned to hike the 4 miles to Hanakapai Falls (I hear its great) but ran out of energy and time! We definitely will be back to conquer that! Other activities we enjoyed were a helicopter ride as well as a catamaran sail along the Na Pali Cost... both BEAUTIFUL ways to see the breathtaking north shore of Kauai. As far as restaurants and groceries we enjoyed going to the Dolphin Fish Market in Hanalei and cooking fresh caught fish on the grill at the house. Other places we really enjoyed were Bubba's Burgers and TikiMan Pizza in Hanalei. Tahiti Nui (next to TIkiMan) was a great bar to relax, listen to local hawaiian bands in the evening and enjoy their 50 year old mai tai recipe!!! Everyone in Hanalei was really friendly. We found a number of our groceries at the Big Save in Hanalei but recommend Foodland in Princeville for more variety (and only 5 minute additional drive). Oh and dont miss grabbing a smoothie at the Aloha Juice Bar stand (located next to the Big Save in Hanalei)!!! The Hanalei passion was our favorite of all the smoothies (yes we had one each day, it became an addiction!) I would recommend this house to anyone, regardless of age or ability due to the high number of activities offered. Some days we just enjoyed nothing more than napping on the lanai and beach. The sunsets every afternoon were outstanding. You could walk out to the point on the right and see all of Bali Hai and the accompanying mountains. Such a beautiful way to end each day! The house and neighborhood were so quiet that we all slept great each night. The option of having AC helped as well as we did have a few hot nights and many rentals in this area do not offer AC. We were a bit worried about the Y Camp located next door but this was not an issue. It was occupied part of our stay but we could not hear any of the noise next door. There is also a beach access between the Y Camp and the house but that did not bother us either. Since the house is up on stilts it drowns out a lot of the noise and with very few beach access parking there was never more than a few cars parking and using the beach access. The entire booking process of the house was great!!! Vacational Rental Agent answered all of our questions when trying to find our perfect house. Once we arrived on the island we were greeted by Ginny, the house caretaker. She was really helpful in giving us restaurant ideas, grocery shopping, etc! I cannot recommend this rental enough, we will definitely be back! We stayed for 10 days and it flew by. If you can definitely try to stay at least 10 days to really soak in the area. Kauai offers SO many activities that its fun to do a few things and have days to do nothing. This was my third trip to Kauai and definitely the most enjoyable! I know this is a long review but I know when deciding to invest in a trip like this, more information is better than less. Thank you Vacation Rental Agent, Ginny and the owners of the Makua Kai homes for such a fun trip that we will remember for years to come! Natalie Dallas, TX
Natalie P., Garland, TX, 9.21.11
- the unit was clean and spacious and easy access to shops, restaurants and beaches. the pools were smaller than we expected and I couldn't ever get the internet to work the whole time I was there (on your computer or mine). probably wouldn't stay there again only because we'd prefer to be ocean front...I thought this place was closer to the beach. my mistake.
Naomi C., Portland, OR, 9.12.11
- BEAUTIFUL SETTING. The house was a perfect size for our family of four. Everything was clean. Plenty of towels made life that much easier. The kitchen was stocked with every gadget you could think of. We had a lovely lovely time. I would recommend this house to all my friends and family.
Safa H., Laguna beach, CA, 9.7.11
- We absolutely loved the location of the bungalow. It's maybe 20 steps away from the beach and you can see the water from your kitchen and living room window. We had lovely breakfasts on the patio looking over the Pacific Ocean and dinners sitting outside. The rooms are nicely furnished, the kitchen is well equipped, we had plenty of towels, beach towels, etc. We even found sand toys, boogie boards by the backdoor. The place is quiet, the street is not busy at all, the nice beach is perfect for families with kids or couples who are looking for privacy. A nice shopping center is 4 minutes away by car where you can find restaurants, a Whole Foods-like grocery store (lots of organic food), and a sweet, little Farmers Market on Wednesday (from 4-6pm). I love Kauai and we always stayed in the Hyatt but renting the Baby Beach Bungalow made our 6th trip to the island even more special. By renting this lovely place we felt like locals. :) We were welcomed by the cleaning crew and they were very polite and did a great job cleaning out the house. They leave a vacuum cleaner in the closet that we used several times a week. (Some unwanted sand found its way in the house even after hosing off). The wireless internet and wash machine were a godsend! Kauai is the most amazing island and highly recommend it to everybody! We surely will return! Aloha, From San Francisco
Ildiko P., Kentfield, CA, 9.5.11
- The location was great, just steps from the ocean! Travelled with 3 family units, so the house set up was just perfect. The house is older and shows some wear, but based on the other reviews it was as we expected it to be. Oceanfront houses tend to show a lot of wear from the weather. Well stocked kitchen, nice size rooms. The lanai, and view and beach were just fabulous. we had 4 kids ranging in age from 2 to 7, and the water was calm and just perfect for them to play and swim in. We had no worries about tthem in the calm waters. We were also happily surprised by the snorkeling right outside the house. Not super colorful, but we all saw lots of variety of sealife including a variety of eels, different types of triggerfish and lots of fish we could not identify (we are not snorkeling experts, so it was just great for us!). All in all wonderful vacation in Kauai, and we would return.
Amy H., Long Valley, NJ, 8.28.11
- 5 Stars for this wonderful home! This place is built and decorated as if the owners really use it. Rare is it that a home looks much better than the photos but this one does. Ultra clean, very elegant attention to the smallest details and we noticed and appreciated it all. We had a group of 14 and it was spacious enough for our nightly family gatherings. We cooked, played games and danced the nights away. If you do only one thing, be sure you hike the Na Pali Coast Trail, at least to the beach. You have never seen anything like this on earth! If you're in good shape, continue on to the waterfalls but it is definately harder than the first part. Back at the house you will actually find wonderful snorkling right outside the house and there is a sea turtle who lives near the rock in front of the house. He was adorable and we saw him every day. Also walked to tunnels almost every day for the best snorkling I have seen since Cozumel...but better I think.
Kristine E., Woodland Hills, CA, 8.24.11
- 1 - the house worked brilliantly for 2 families. Lived up to expectation (ie looked like photos) and was comfortable and well furnished. The view, pool, access to beach were all fantastic. 2 - customer service was all very good. 3 - the best part of our trip was probably hanging around the house and relaxing, but we also took the opportunity to do a number of activities and explore the whole island eg surfing, horseriding, tubing down sugar cane canals, snorkeling on Napali Coast, exploring the Canyon...We did a lot! 4 - We ate at a number of restaurants, mostly in Poipu - the biggest disappointment was the much celebrated Beach House. We really enjoyed Merrimans, Josselins Tapas Restaurant, Casa di Amici, JJs Broiller, Brennecke's Broiler, Hanapepe Cafe, and Hanalei Gourmet. We also really enjoyed shopping at The Living Market in Poipu and going to the wednesday afternoon gourmet market - we did it all! 5 - I went tubing and the beauty of the Coast and what a great temperature it was and how well the kids surfed... 6 - That 2 weeks in a house in a great spot like this, is the only true way to relax. 7 - Use the Kuaui Surf School at Poipu (there are lots) and go on the Liko boat for the coastal trip. Eat pie and carrot cake at the Hanapepe Cafe - divine! 8 - Some exploring of the canyon and other beaches by foot. We pretty much stayed around Poipu unless we were doing an activity.
Nick and Leah L., Singapore, Singapore, 8.3.11
- I loved waking up and looking out to see the ocean. Having the beach right there was such a luxury, cozy and never crowded. Snorkeling was a five minute car ride away. The pictures don't do this place justice, much better in person! Can't wait to return!! AMAZING!!!!!
Julie B., Cornelius, Oregon, 6.28.11
- Liked the cottage view and beach. Customer service was great. Na Pali coast was the best part of the trip. Best restaurant was Lighthouse Bistro. Best picture I took was on the Napali coast. Can't wait to tell my friends that is was so affordable. Advice...expect to eat out a lot. Kitchen is small. Would recommend the napalm coast and hide-away beach. Plan to kayak next time.
Rich W., Houston, TX, 6.25.11
- Location, facilities and ammenities were excellent. Definitely will return. A kid freindly area.
Harold K., Chadds Ford, Pa, 5.23.11
- Our family had a wonderful time at the Stone House. The house was great. It was so nice to have all the amenities. I would have liked a crock pot. But there were so many details. Felt like home. Everything was so so nice. When we first arrived and walked around to the front of the house it took my breath away. The view was to die for. At sunset we photo nuts would take shot after shot of the glorious sunset. We ended up having a photo contest but there were no bad pictures. It is beautiful there. This is truly a piece of heaven. The first moring was unbelievable with a rainbow. I have never seen both ends of a rainbow at once. God's was showing off. His glory was everywhere. We spotted sea turtles and I am pretty sure the spout of a whale. Missing the palm trees swaying and the changing skies and the sound of the sure. WE LOVED IT. What a honor to have stayed in such a unique and speical place. The house worked for us. We loved all being together and sharing the sun and the fun. We have a terriffic Christain family but don't all live close. We are blessed. This vacation was a gift. We enjoyed the kayaking, the catameran trip and Smith's Luau but most of all the wonderful location and feeling we were left with. I have already sent pictures to our friends and recommend "The Stone House". Thanks for sharing your speical place!
Ruthann M., Grass Valley, CA, 5.5.11
- Makahuena 1-305 was on the top floor and it was clean and spacious and we absolutely loved our stay there. My sister and I shared one bedroom and one full bathroom and our friend stayed in the other bedroom and used that full bathroom. There were extra beds upstairs as well and a big sofa for more guests if you have a larger party staying there. We went food shopping at the local grocery store, so we had breakfast at the condo and packed lunches for the beach. There were so many delicious restaurants all over the island. We went to Keoki's Paradise near the condo twice and it was delicious...a great place to eat outdoors! Our favorite restaurant was in the North SHore at the Hanalei Colony Resort called Mediterranean. The food was out of this world and fairly priced. We enjoyed driving all over the island looking at different beaches and taking in all the spectacular scenery. Everything is so green and it was sunny everyday! We enjoyed sightseeing to the North Shore, to the West Shore and around the East Shore. We went to Poipu Beach Park 3x while there and it was perfect. We snorkeled, swam, laid in the sun, rented an umbrella, sat under a palm tree for shade, and our friend went surfing as well. We saw people having barbeques and sitting on the grass to get some shade. We even saw seta turtles there. My favorite beach was Anini beach in the North Shore. You can see the lighthouse from a distance as well. The condo was in a good location because we were able to get lots of sun, eat at many good restauarants nearby, it was a short 20-minute drive to the airport, there was a parking lot in the condo where we parked our rented Jeep Wrangler and it was safe. We could hear the sound of the waves through the open windows, which was amazing. The only thing was that the beach outside the window was not a beach to swim or lay out at. We had to drive to other beaches to spend the day at. The condo was clean, spacious, had a pretty view of the ocean, and the people who lived there and rented from there were so nice. I loved Kaua'i and would like to go again!
Ann Marie L., Neptune, New Jersey, 4.26.11
- - What I liked best was the quiet, relatively isolated location and basically on the beach. Also the house was super clean, well cared for, and really well equipped. It was great that we even had things like water shoes and snorkel equipment to use. - The customer services I received was excellent. Vacation Rentals was very communicative beforehand. And when I called Cliff about a power outtage during our stay, he was super responsive. - The best part of my trip was everything! It was all great. - The best restaurant I found was Bouchons in Hanalei. We liked the 2nd story open window view, and the sushi was good too. - The best picture I took of us was on the Kapau (?) trail from Ke'e Beach. - I can't wait to tell all my friends that I finally had a great snorkeling experience. - My advice to someone else staying at this unit would be to be aware of the one drawback of the cottage: Due to the bed setup, it really only accomodates 3 people. It would be ideal if both rooms had Queen beds, and maybe a single trundle in one of them. - The part of my trip I would definitely recommend to other is all of it! - The best "insider tip" I received while on my trip is that I would probably prefer the North Shore -- which is true. - I didn't have time on this trip, but next trip I'm looking forward to boating up the Na Pali Coast.
Marcia Z., Los Angeles, CA, 4.25.11
- Great house. Beautiful views, direct access to a small sandy beach, which is hard to find in this area.
Steve G., Villa Park, Ca, 4.10.11
- OUr unit was very clean and modern. Beautiful kitchen with granite counter tops. THe bathrooms were large and having double sinks was another bonus! Our unit was spacious and very comfortable. I would recommend the Waipouli Luxury Condo to all my friends. It will definitely be a place my family and I will return to again.
Tony D., Terrace, B.C., 3.28.11
- Hi, everything was great but the info supplied on the lock box code was wrong, and there were a few appliances in need of repair. The gas stove was leaking (we called the Emergency contact and they came to fix it the next day), and the soap copmpartment in the dishwasher was broken. Some tiles in the master bathroom could really use a recaulking. Otherwise, it was a spectacular location and a great house, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks!
Petra T., Los Altos Hills, CA, 3.24.11
- Excellent place, really comfy and clean, we had to drive to the beach because we have a baby but other than that everything was supereme
Azzam A., Calgary, AB, 3.3.11
- The best things about Menehune Hale were for us, the floor plan and location, location, location. For three family units (grandparents, couple with one son, and couple with two daughters) the layout of Menehune was ideal. The grandparents got their ocean view room off to the side with the gorgeous bathroom, and the other two families had separate staircases that led to our bedrooms and bathrooms at opposite ends of the house. The main living area was spacious and open to the dining and kitchen areas... and to the lanai which wrapped around the whole ocean side and included the hot tub. The location was ideal for young, first time snorkelers. The reef out from Anini Beach breaks the waves before they hit shore, providing us with very safe and large area to snorkel. The snorkeling just outside the house was perfect for first timers, probably boring for those who snorkel a lot. As you swim out towards the reef (which my 5 and 7 year olds did comfortably) you encounter more and more see creatures. We saw an abundance of fish, and octopus, several eel, urchins, etc. Just down the beach is where the sea turtles hang out.... at least in February which is when we went. My girls never wanted to leave the beach. The house was great, but definitely rough around the edges. It was clean and very well stocked (snorkel gear, boogie boards, towels, all the pots and pans, dishes, etc. you could ever want) but had many electrical appliance issues. When we arrived on a Saturday, the dishwasher was broken. The was a note that it would be repaired soon. It was replaced on Thursday. In addition, the TV blew a fuse and stopped working, the main refrigerator (there were two) didn't quite keep the ice cream frozen and the its door frame was literally hot, two lamps didn't work, and most of the fire detectors are missing. We did call about these things and the house keeper came over the next morning and replaced the TV and the lamps. The hot tub worked and we enjoyed it, but we never quite got the hang of how to adjust the temp. Also, we had to crawl under the house (literally) to switch the tub on after it would turn off. There are more light switches in this house than perhaps any I've ever encountered each with a little label telling you what it goes to. That was more humorous than anything. We enjoyed the awesome winter rain storms AND the chickens and roosters that live... well... everywhere. The bottom line regarding the place was that we would stay here again. The price was right, layout perfect for three families units, and location perfect for kids. My main suggestion is that the fire detectors all be replaced and the hot tub issue (ease of use) be addressed.
Jodie P., Langley, WA, 2.28.11
- We had a delightful time. The customer service was excellent, especially when I was trying to find the cottage at night (pitch black, with no lights on)! The setting was very nice, except for the neighbors to the right - a little loud and not such a good view. We loved the fish market (Dolphin) in Hanalei, and enjoyed great meals at Bar Acuda and Mediterranean Grill. Also, the fish market in Kalieau was amazing. The Banana Fruit stand nearby on 56 had beautiful fruit. Also, the Farmer's Market on Tues in Hanalei was great. We also highly recommend Jack Harter helicopter rides (Hughes 500 with no doors). Ben was our pilot, and he was excellent. We will be back, and hope to kayak down the Waileua River next time.
Suzanne H., Louisville, KY, 2.14.11
- The condo was more than we could have imagined - absolutely amazing! The view was spectacular. Being in Kauai was great but having a gorgeous place to stay was the best part of our trip. Thank you!
Mindy F., Bellingham, WA, 2.1.11
- 1. Location, location, location 2. Service was good 3. Best part of my trip was location of home 4. The best restaurant was Lemongrass 5. The best picture was as the cave by Napali climbing vines 6. Mesquito spray
Diana P., Pinon Hills, Ca, 10.12.10
- the privacy of each room and location to the beach. Postcards in Hanalei. all of us at the house the weather was great and how much we love Kauai Catamaran Kahanu Na Pali snorkeling trip. the wonderful farmer's markets in north shore. going kayaking.
Janet C., Graton, California, 9.22.10
- The location was PERFECT!!! It isn't an extremely fancy house which is what we loved. We felt extremely comfortable and could really relax and enjoy the house. And since the water at that beach is surrounded by so much coral there are no waves. It is the perfect place for kids to play and you do not worry about them at all. The North Shore is amazing and the house is a perfect location to Princeville and Hanalie Bay. Zip lining at Princeville Ranch was probably the coolest thing we have ever done and the views were spectacular. We all plan to rent this house again in the future and would recommend it to anyone.
Nikki T., Fremont, CA, 9.8.10
- The location is great. The front lanai facing the ocean is a real bonus.
Suzanne T., Orinda, CA, 8.26.10
- The condo was really well equipped with five buggie boards, beach chairs and beach towels. Also the Unit was very well kept and had lots of space.
Susan C., Roseville, California, 8.5.10
- the unit was big enough for the family service was very good i will recommend the unit and the whole facilty to my friends kauai is wonderfull
Heinz H., Graz, Styria, 7.31.10
- The view from PKK 118 is spectacular! It was wonderful to start each day with a cup of coffee and fresh pineapple on the lanai while looking out at Hanalei Bay and Na Pali coast and to end each day with a cocktail on the lanai while we watched the sunset. Hideaway Beach, an easy walk down the bluff from the unit, is a good snorkeling spot. The condo is comfortable, nicely furnished, and was well stocked with towels and other essentials (the only odd thing is that the water from the water dispenser on the front of the refrigerator tasted moldy, so we didn't use it). We spent every day exploring new places to snorkel and swim. Great spots for snorkeling include Ke'e Beach, Tunnels, and 'Anini Beach. We saw several turtles, eels, an octopus, in addition to a huge variety of fish. Great swimming spots include Kalihiwa Bay, Ha'ena Beach Park, and Kahalahala Beach. This was our first time staying on the north end of Kauai, so we decided to focus on the north end and not spend too much time driving all over the island. We have stayed in Kapaa twice before, so didn't feel the need to go to that area on this trip. The north end of the island in the summer can't be beat!
Nancy P., Olympia, WA, 7.19.10
- This is the second year I have booked a condo with this company. What an amazing place to stay for our second trip to Kauai! We loved every aspect of this condo. The beds were amazing, the unit was equipped with fun beach accessories, their was every kind of cooking utensil available. The complex was quiet and very accessible to the Hideaways beach. Some great snorkeling there that we didn't know about last year. I will be requesting this unit again for next year! We had six family members and everyone had very nice accomodations. We loved Scotty's in Kapaa - great barbeque. The Bull Shed in Lihue was also excellent. Very disappointed in the Hanalei Dolphin this year - food horrible. We had a great time on our Kayak Kauai trip to the Secret Falls, we tubed the sugar plantation with Kauai Backcountry adventures (great guides) and did an ATV backcountry tour Kipu Ranch adventures (would not spend the money on the ATV tour - not worth it.) Thanks again for a lovely vacation - I did not want to come home!!
Shannon C., Cave Creek, Arizona, 6.29.10
- The unit was great, very close to perfect. The sun shines into the unit in the afternoon. I noticed some units have shades outside to drop down over the lani. This could cut down on the afternoon heat gain in the unit. The bed is too soft. This unit had the best view. Two of the chairs on the lani had cusions. That was so nice most units just had hard plastic chairs. Customer service was good. the directions that you e-mailed were easy to follow. The directions for the unit on the frig were clear and concise. The kitchen had everything you could possibly need. I can't really think of any thing to improve, you guys have obvious been doing this for awhile. Thank you for allowing us to rent the unit. We only stayed a week in kauai. I would return again but I think we would need 10 more days to really see kauai. I would not hesitate to stay in this unit again if it was available.
Frances F., Forestville, CA., 5.10.10
- It is a beautiful location and house. Unfortunately, it is becoming worn in the beds, sheets, towels, barbecue and some furniture. For the price, it should all be first rate. We will not be returning there next year.
John H., Medical Lake, WA, 5.3.10
- We loved the house. It was perfect for our needs. Loved that each bedroom had its own bath. The 'fully equipped' went above and beyond, which was wonderful. The view out over the ocean was to die for. On Thurs, we saw the most beautiful rainbow! We planned 'cook-teams' who shopped for/cooked/cleaned up for each evening meal. Made eating dinner a bit more affordable. We really enjoyed a hike from the park into the Napali coast. We only went as far as the secluded beach. But our daughter and friend went on the to waterfall. Totally wonderful. Kauai has been a favorite vacation spot for many years. This was our 4th trip. We would seek to plan our next trip around this house if the number of beds/rooms was right. Customer service was wonderful. REALLY appreciated the coffee and bagels for the first morning. Thank you again for a wonderful vacation. Stephanie Judkins and family.
Stephanie J., Milford, OH, 4.3.10
- the location was the most beautiful spot we have ever stayed at the customer service could have been better, someone came and took family pictures off the wall while we were up in the high ground during the tsunami warning, we had to call the rental agent to find out what happened to them, they should have told us, we try to take good care of the places we rent. Also any relative should not be able to just walk into a house which is being rented for $5000 a week, we should be insured of some privacy. the best part of our trip was being where we were with our loved ones the best restaurant was the Beach House the best picture was the family on the lawn of the house we tell our friends that Kauai is beautiful but is getting too full of big condo units & less trees As we have been to the Hawaiian islands 12 times we know what expect, however the constant destruction and construction on the house next door was an unpleasant part of our stay. The Stone House is a beautiful place but needs some loving care, several unstairs windows need repair, the downstairs bedroom windows were stuck open, we fixed them as there would be easy access to the house thru them, most blinds were not working, we fixed two of them, toaster oven not fully working, bed covers & shams need washing, dining room chair broken, we still would like to come back, would buy the house if ever for sale but hope to come back in 2012 for my husbands 75th birthday. We have seen that house every time we have been in Kauai, it will always be the most wonderful location to me our stay was almost perfect, the construction was no ones fault, but the things that need attention in the house should be addressed. I know whoever took the pictures off the wall was only saving the family heritage, but some consideration could have been shown to us, we were enjoying the family history (book & photos) and the blank wall (full of nail holes) was a shock when we returned from high ground and remained that way for the rest of our stay. The lawns, trees and construction of the Stone House are wonderful and beautiful.
Anne S., Jamesville, NY, 3.28.10
101 - 200 of 331
Kauai vacation reviews