- My family and I recently stayed at Hale Lanui for 10 days, and we had a wonderful experience! We had a family of six and had plenty of room in the 4 bedrooms. There are 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms have twin beds, one king bedroom, and one queen. The house does have a spiral staircase inside, but you can carry luggage to the top bedrooms by using the outside staircase to the upper deck, so it was no trouble to do it that way.
- Both upper and lower decks offered marvelous views of the ocean. The house is right beside Kalama Park, where the adorable little leaguers played ball on weekday afternoons (we were there in mid-April). When you're sitting on the lower deck, there is a walking/jogging path that goes right by the house, so you do get some park joggers and walkers going by during the day and evening. Tennis courts and basketball courts are a VERY short walk away (pretty much right next door), and my niece enjoyed shooting hoops in the evenings. The park does close at 10pm, so it was quiet at night and did not cause any issues with any disturbances while we were there.
- There is just a ton of stuff to do in Kihei, and lots of restaurant options and beach options nearby. The house is about a 30-40 min drive to Lahaina, entirely depending on time of day and traffic. It's a gorgeous drive, and we did it at least four times while we were there. One of our favorite things we did in Lahaina was take a glassblowing lesson at Moana Glass. If you do this, ask for Tyler. He was AWESOME. You can pick what you want to make, and then they teach you the basics of glassblowing and give you some hands-on instruction while you make your piece. It was fun, informative, and we got to take home some unique souvenirs that we made ourselves to remember our Maui trip!
- The house has everything you could possibly need as far as kitchen items and bedding, and did have a hair dryer available as well. We even found packing tape and a Sharpie in the kitchen drawer when we were trying to ship packages back home! So really...you should be all set with whatever you need. There are also several grocery stores very close by so you can buy any food or drinks that you may need.
- I can't say enough about the private pool in the backyard. Even though the house is close to the park, the way it's set up you would never know it when you're in the pool area. The landscaping is lush and gorgeous, and it provides all the privacy you could want. The pool area also comes equipped with loads of fun things like noodles or balls that you can play with in the pool. There are two sets of large washers and dryers in a shed-type area outside that provide lots of room for washing towels or clothes. The hot tub is wonderful, and we divided our time between soothing hot tub jets and refreshing pool water. There are LOTS of beach towels provided at the house as well. Jessica is the property manager there and she was very welcoming and helpful during our stay. She lives right next door so she is readily available for anything you might need. We met the owners as well while there and they were wonderful. We also met Snickers the sweet neighborhood cat, who spent a lot of time with us outside lounging on the lower deck (maaaaybe because we fed her food and treats, but shhh. Don't tell anyone!). This house is about three blocks from the busy main road in Kihei, but the way it's positioned, you would never know it. I recommend this house to anyone who wants a fairly quiet house that's still close to a lot of Kihei action. I also want to thank Hawaiian Beach Rentals for all their help with the booking and payment. Thanks for a memorable, relaxing stay on Maui! I hope we will be able to return soon. :)
Lisa N., Roanoke, VA, 4.27.19