- Hawaii vacation reviews
101 - 200 of 1635
Hawaii vacation reviews
- Great location and wonderful space for a family visit. Very well supplied. Snorkel beaches nearby, beautiful petroglyph park and really cool swimming pool. Lava Lava Beach Restaurant was our favorite family friendly dining spot. If you want a super charter boat trip, take the Endless Summer outing with Brian and crew. Get their contact info from Peter at Snorkel Bobs. Swim with dolphins! Aloha!
Lynette W., Winthrop, WA, 7.20.16
- Define divine: that sums up our week at the Aloha Nalo on the beautiful, Waimanalo shore. It was our dream to spend the week with our entire family...9 of us including three grandchildren... celebrating our 50th anniversary in an oceanfront home in Hawaii. Your wonderful home exceeded our wildest expectations. It was clean as a whistle and very well appointed...we lacked for nothing. We particularly loved the enormous dining room table facing the ocean that sat all nine of us easily. An added bonus was Diane, who made very sure that we had absolutely everything that we needed. She was there to greet us when we arrived and wish us aloha when we left.....so warm, engaging and accommodating. Thank you Diane and Vacation Rental Agent for an absolutely glorious week. Dennis and Johanna Clarke Fairview, Texas
Rachel C., Fairview, TX, 7.15.16
- The homes ocean view is hard to surpass it is fantastic. The home has a very cool vintage style however it is showing its age and needs some refurbishing. I would rate the home higher but it needs A/C which would help retain the beautiful wood in the home. If there are 6 or more in your party renting is the way to go - having your own private pool is hard to beat.
William W., Comfort, TX, 7.12.16
- Overall a great vacation rental. This vacation home was spacious and our family had a lot of room to have individual space and not feel cramped in close quarters. It was exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable. Great location and convenient to the beach. The owners were extremely easy to work with and very accommodating to our requests. We would recommend this vacation home to anyone and would rent again on our next trip to Oahu. Thanks for making our family vacation wonderful.
Alton W. & Tammy C., Sulphur Springs, TX, 7.10.16
- The overall quality of the Bay Front Kohola Hale Estate was excellent. The condition of the rental was excellent and provided plenty of room for our group of 12. We were very satisfied and would book the rental again. The owner was very friendly and helpful which made the stay much more enjoyable. Shiela provided excellent service but there was confusion on check in probably due to our misunderstanding. The best part of the trip was the many activities that Oahu offered. Hawaii is a great place to vacation.
Daniel S., Sierra Vista, AZ, 7.6.16
- Absolutely loved it. The unit was clean, the views were incredible! Loved it all!
Krista M., Midway, UT, 7.6.16
- The Hale Lani home is exceptional; beautiful, spacious, and has absolutely everything you would need for a fabulous vacation. There were a few nuts and bolts issues that were relayed to the property management people - nothing earth-shattering. The one really negative issue was heavy construction (bolder cracking and rock crushing just on the other side of the fairway from us; from 0730 to 1730 Mon. thru Thurs. (and once on Friday). To me, that is critical information that should be shared with the Renter in advance. With our Marriott Timeshare, information like that flashes on the screen prior to making a reservation. Also, the gentleman who mowed the greens on the golf course did so at 0445 each morning.....normally not an issue, but in Poipu you leave the windows open at night so the Trades give natural air conditioning. I would definitely recommend this house to a friend, but not until all the condo's on the other side of the fairway are completed.
Vic F., Benicia, CA, 7.3.16
- We loved the beautiful grounds of the Waikaloa Beach Villas. Also, easy walking to shops and dining. Our unit, E32 was beautifully decorated, large, and well stocked! We were able to entertain our family who were staying at the Marriott. Also, loved all the beach equipment for enjoying Hupano Beach. Thanks so much for a wonderful 9 days! Mahalo and Aloha
Lynn W., Novato, CA, 7.1.16
- We really enjoyed our time in Tranquility Beachfront. The views and beach access can't be beat. The house was well stocked with towels, kitchen items, beach items etc. A few suggestions: -I don't think the BBQ works-we could not get it to light. -The pull-out bed in the den is not usable due to the mattress in the couch which was a shame. The room is on the beach side so we really wanted to use it for sleeping. -We couldn't find a full size broom or Swiffers (both useful for a stay of a week).
Melicent P., San CArlos, CA, 7.1.16
- This home is amazing. There is nothing that could have made our stay any better. The views are magnificent. The pool is fabulous. It had everything and more, I will definitely be back.
Stacey R., Keizer, OR, 6.28.16
- We loved our stay at A place in Hawaiian Paradise. The house is clean, in prefect condition and contains all the amenities one would want. The view of the water is breathtaking and the little walking path to the beach is delightful. Steven is excellent and helpful and took care of all our needs. I would definitely return and recommend this home to anyone.
Bernadette P., 6.28.16
- Very comfortable and clean room. The breeze on the top floor was very pleasant. Thank you very much.
Paul S., San Francisco, CA, 6.25.16
- Definitely 5 star house. Beautiful tiled bottom pool with great spa. This was the second time for our family renting this house. Rental agents very responsive and helpful. Perfect location with just steps to Kailua beach. Because this was our second visit to the home we noticed the home shows some worn but still almost as good as our first visit. I highly recommend this house for a great family vacation. Thanks again for a wonderful vacation rental.
Gary T., Valencia, CA, 6.24.16
- The house is secluded and large enough for 14 guest with plenty of room. I would rent again. Booking Agent was extremely helpful, help plan a vow renewal and extravegant dinner.
Jon L., Riverside, CA, 6.24.16
- We found the overall quality of "Laulea" to be excellent. The condition, cleanliness and layout of the house bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry, lanai, living rooms, pool,,etc. made for a very comfortable fit for the 9 adults and 2 month old infant affording privacy and wonderful family gathering experiences. The kitchen was amazing providing first rate appliances, all the gadgets, pots and pans, cutlery, china etc one could ask for to prepare meals for our brood. The location of the rental was exceptional as well, right across the street from a glorious beach, near shopping, eating and all types of sports rental facilities. It also had easy access to the sites of the Island, Waikiki and Honolulu. The house is in an attractive residential area, providing quiet but also not far from "the action." (as our two teenagers can confirm) an excellent home base. Probably the best part of our trip was that the house made it possible for our whole family to enjoy this beautiful island together. The customer service was also exceptional. The VRA website was a pleasure to use. Throughout (pre- post arrival) the property managers patiently, thoroughly and with good humor answered our many questions. They were always available if needed but never intruded in our privacy. The trip was a celebration of our 50th Wedding anniversary and the property manager' went out of their way to make it a memorable occasion. They are very special people , giving true meaning to the Hawaiian word "Aloha". We would definitely rent Laulea again if we returned with the family to Oahu and have already begun recommending it unreservedly to others.
Leonard and Susan W., Shorewood, WI, 6.16.16
- Great, except for the 20 or so drunks that were partying on the beach with a bonfire yelling and screaming from midnight till 2AM+/-.
Teresa C., Lake Forest, IL, 6.14.16
- This property is the best property we have rented from all of the properties rented in the past. It was perfect. Great location, the kitchen had all the supplies we needed to cook at home, all of the amenities were there and the pool and outdoor area was spectacular. We will most certainly be back.
John B., 6.14.16
- "Koolau Haven" was in excellent condition for our stay june 1-june 6, it was spotless when we arrived and we felt at home. The decor is modern and I loved that. My husband and 8yo son enjoyed having wi-fi access and cable tv after our long beach days. It was easy to turn on the AC and cool the place down in a matter of minutes which was great! We were pleased with it being centrally located, it was never more than a 30 minute drive to anywhere we visited on the island. I would definitely book it again if it is just the 3 of us visiting the island again. My son liked to sleep on the comfy couch so we didn't use the pull out bed. I would've liked to have had more beach equipment like a boogie board or more small beach chairs. Thank you for opening your home and allowing us to stay here.
Arlene S., Stockton, CA, 6.9.16
- We loved staying here. The booking was easy. On sight people were very helpful with a couple minor items. House was very clean and kitchen well stocked. Wonderful location less than 1 block from ocean and beautiful beach. You can hear ocean waves at night through open windows. Only draw back was no A/C. Breeze and fans were sufficient to keep house cool most nights. We would stay here again!
Linda L., Redding, CA, 6.6.16
- Location - 5. Kailua beach is the best on Oahu and the property is located in a great part of the beach, close to the local market, beach park, local shops. Cottage - needs updating. Sliding doors in bedroom and one sliding door in lounge room are broken and can't be opened so you can't get any sea breeze though the room. You need to use the air con to cool the bedroom which is not ideal. Furniture - is out dated and too big for the tiny lounge room. Get rid of the huge TV cabinet and put the TV on the wall. Impossible to watch TV for more than 1 person without having to move all the furniture. BBQ - didn't work even though you say it does, it doesn't stay alight. (yes there was gas in the bottle). Kitchen - the fridge is old and rusted, not a good look. Get an electric kettle, as the gas one takes forever to bowl water and doesn't whistle either. Sharing - this property is on the same block as the main house. You should let your potential guests know that they may be sharing the property with another family. I am sure both renters need to know this as they may not want to rent if they know they are sharing the same property. Value for money - 2. You pay too much for what is on offer. Please keep you property maintained. Agents of the property - 4. They were attentive to our requests. Thanks. Overall - I wouldn't want to have four people staying, it's just too small. OK for two people. Would I rent this again knowing in its current condition? - No.
Graham B., Church Point, NSW, 6.4.16
- Such a lovely place to stay. Being right beside the ocean was just perfect. There is plenty of room to move both inside and outside the house - and it was fabulous that we could open all of the large doors and hear the ocean and feel the breeze throughout the house! Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay!
Amanda S., Hornsby, 5.31.16
- The house looked exactly like the pictures. Everything was clean and in great condition; the house is elegantly furnished. We were completely satisfied with the rental and would recommend it to anyone who would like to be in a quiet area. It is not far from a beautiful, quiet beach.
Lisa C., Napaskiak, AK, 5.31.16
- This property was everything we had hoped for our 3 generations. It was well maintained, the pictures were an accurate description of what we expected. Just beautiful. We enjoyed the pool for many hours and just sat and watched the beautiful sunset for many nights. We could also see whales out in the ocean. We were a family of 6 adults and 4 children, 13, 9, 8, 7. They also enjoyed the video games after a full day of swimming and enjoying the boogie boards down at Kehei. We went to Monkeypod restaurant and Longhis. Also had to local fish tacos. We would recommend all. Kids especially enjoyed the whale watching and snorkeling trip. The property managers place is on site and answered any questions we might of had. A once in a lifetime vacation for our family at a perfect location. The kids words were, awesome and amazing. You can't ask for much more.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Just returned from a fabulous vacation in Maui! This is our second stay at "Nani Pulelehua" and we are just as impressed as the first time. The home is very spacious and is beautifully designed both inside and outside. Much of the outdoor furniture is new and the linens are five star quality. The pool is beyond amazing with its "walk in entrance". Every amenity you could want is available and the onsite property manager is so gracious. Our favorite part of the house is on the lanai in front of the infinity edge pool. We open the large slider doors and enjoy the tropical breeze, while simply relaxing and watching another gorgeous Maui sunset. We decided to hire a local chef this time to prepare a very elegant dinner for us. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to make it quite special. We had called the owner ahead of arriving in Maui, to ask for recommendations of local chefs who are mobile. Akio outdid herself! She created a gorgeous atmosphere poolside with lovely candles, fresh orchids, relaxing music and amazing hors d'oeuvres. We then had a fantastic seafood dinner expertly prepared. Cocktails in hand and an amazing sunset.it was a truly fantastic anniversary dinner!!! Being able to celebrate in this home was genuinely priceless! The home is wonderfully quiet and relaxing. We loved not having to deal with a busy hotel and all its bustling activity. We will definitely be returning a third time!
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- ALOHA !! On behalf of our families, I would like to express our gratefulness for the opportunity to spend a week at this absolutely beautiful haven in paradise, the BUTTERFLY house in Wailea. WE were awed the minute we set foot on the awesome property, the photos and descriptions were spot-on but we were even more impressed to see it all in person. Such a comfortable house, bedroom and bathroom layout and outdoor areas for our large group of nine ... with space to spare! The huge kitchen and island were perfect for us, but the amazing patio, infinity pool and hot tub with spectacular ocean views were simply awesome and where we lingered morning, noon and night! So nice to be away from the crowds down on the Wailea "strip" - the house gave us our own little haven of private paradise. Very comfortable sleeping for our families too. Property was well-maintained and Ed and Sebella (sp?) were so wonderful, helpful and gracious to us, living there in the "casita" above the house as caretakers and on-site managers. Customer service was excellent. We would wholeheartedly recommend this lovely home-away-from home IN PARADISE to our friends and family (already done so !!) ... such a treat to have a large group able to stay together so comfortably in one place and dine together so easily. We simply loved BBQing and eating in nearly every evening so we could appreciate the sunsets each night from the house. TOO NICE to leave, truly! Favorite activites: SIMPLY enjoying the house and lounging there .... whale-watching from the house (awesome whale activity sunrise to sundown) .... WHALE WATCHING EXCURSIONS were amazing and highlights with Pacific Whale Foundation in Lahaina -- first on a small zodiak and again on a sailboat ... great walks down to the beach and along the beach path ... lots of mai tais !! One early morning trip up to Napili to the Gazebo Restaurant, a family favorite, with just me and all the kids - great fun always ! We also really enjoyed breakfast after the sunrise zodiak whale watching excursion at the Aloha Mixed Plate restaurant on Front Street, right on the beach. Otherwise, we enjoyed just being at the beautiful house. We will hope to return with other friends and family someday soon. Our warmest MAHALO for a wonderful vacation. Sincerely, Suzanne Roberts and the Roberts-Seeley Famlies of Issaquah and Bellevue, Washington
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- This incredible property was all that I was hoping for as the location for our 40th wedding anniversary celebration with our adult children and their families, including three infants under age 3. The house itself was luxurious with four huge bedrooms, including two large masters. The eternity pool was great for the little ones with its graduated entrance and non-slippery tiles. The hot tub was a treat for young and old alike. Every toy for every age group was provided; from spades and buckets to boogie boards, umbrellas, beach chairs and video games. The outside furniture is some of the most comfortable I have experienced. From the pool one day we watched whales frisking in the ocean for about 30 minutes; blowing and breaching and having fun. The south side of the house provided a quiet and dark spot for watching the night skies and my husband enjoyed many evenings of star gazing. We celebrated a birthday and and anniversary dinner on separate occasions and the well stocked and large kitchen allowed for easy dinners for 7 people all seated around the huge island. Both the owner and the resident managers are a delight to deal with, and the house was spotlessly clean. The linens and towels were lovely as was the decorating. The beds were exceptionally comfortable hotel quality. I would recommend this property to anyone requiring a luxurious, peaceful vacation.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- Our family's 2nd visit in last 2 years- the house is amazing. We had such a great time relaxing by the pool, making dinners in awesome kitchen and enjoying life and sharing this beautiful time together. The birds are singing songs, the air smells like perfume with flowers and views were outstanding you can see the whales jumping in the water. This place will make your vacation extra special, it feels like home- and spending time with family in the perfect setting will make memories that last forever! You cannot get this experience when your separated in condo's!! We can't wait until the next visit soon! Blessed! xoxo Ps- great location close to all beaches, excellent amenities, nice and friendly owners, lots of space for large groups and family's.
Block created to enter owner's HomeAway Reviews, 5.18.16
- My friends and I traveled to Oahu for the first time this week. What an amazing place. We stayed at "Hale Ainoni" and were very satisfied with this home. It was in a great location near the beach in the town of Kailua with shopping and restaurants within a 5 minute ride. The beach was a quick 2 minute walk. The home was clean and fully furnished with everything we needed for our trip and we really enjoyed sitting on the patio in the mornings and evenings. There were 6 of us there and everyone agreed that if we ever get back to Oahu we would definitely want to stay at the same place.
Deborah S., Belhaven, NC, 5.18.16
- The cottage was good and we enjoyed our stay. The position of the cottage between WAimea Bay and shark cove is great. With just a few extra my "good " Rating would have been "great". We were there with our grandkids and daughter. Having no table and chairs inside was a negative for us. We love meals outside but sometimes need inside. By reacing the big old lounge with a small cleaner one a table and chairs would fit nicely. Please also provide a baking dish for the oven and a salad bowl. Little things that make a difference. This is our third rental with vacation rentals and we have enjoyed them all. Mahalo.
Carly O., Collaroy, NSW, 5.15.16
- Enjoyed Rainbow Hale - lovely furnishings, beautiful view in a quiet area. Would stay there again!
Susan S., 5.15.16
- Hale Ainoni was very clean and comfortable house located in a quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of Kailua town. The property manager was very professional and helpful, but not overbearing. She made sure that we were comfortable on the first day, and left us to enjoy the house. Having a bathroom, and air conditioning for each bedroom was a plus. The pool was a refreshing treat. I recommend this property to anyone who's looking for a quite place to stay.
Neichelle T., HONOLULU, HI, 5.3.16
- The overall quality of the Kalapana was great! We enjoyed our stay very much as it provided us with all of the things we were looking for in a rental. The condition and cleanliness were good, and I feel we would stay at this location again. By far the best thing about this rental was the views! Both of ocean and the mountains. Spectacular to say the least! We received outstanding customer service by the rental agent and the property owner. Highly recommended!
Joelene H., Dickinson, ND, 4.25.16
- We really enjoyed our stay at Makana's Place! The living room area provided a wonderful place for sitting around with morning coffee or evening wine. There was plenty of room for all 6 of us, and it was VERY quiet, and clean. There are ample fans and AC in the rooms, but opening the many windows for the nice sea breezes was also a lovely option. It is not particularly near the beach, which I would have preferred, but it is priced more affordably than many of the other places because of that (I assume). When you think about it, however, most folks want to explore beyond Kailua anyway, and we were there for a wedding so it didn't matter. Misty was a wonderful host/contact for our visit. We would recommend this place, as long as its distance from the beach was not an issue. Also, there was plenty of parking on the site, which was nice because street parking in that area seems rarely available. Thanks!
Ann T., June Lake, CA, 4.21.16
- My family and I had a wonderful time at the rental. Location was fabulous. Just a block from the beach. Misty Martin was was helpful to our needs. I few negatives though. Not enough coffee cups, there were 6 of us and only 3 cups, so we had to purchase some at target. All the mattresses need to be replaced, there was not a full tank of gas for the grill, we ran out, but Misty did take care of that immediately. Overall we did love the place. This was the first time I ever rented a house and would definitely do t again.
Lori L., 4.8.16
- Hated it. The hot water heater alarm went off intermittently throughout our stay including the wee hours of the morning. My girlfriend who was supposed to stay with me in that room off the main floor left and went to the Hyatt. My calls and requests for help went unreturned.
Ellen L., Healdsburg, CA, 4.5.16
- Jennie Graz did a great job. The house was perfect. This was the best family vacation we have had. I would book again again and again. Thank you
Robert P., Minneapolis, MN, 4.4.16
- The overall experience was 5 Star. It is hard to explain to anyone how well the house is appointed. The views and beach were breathtaking. This home is one of the best that I have ever stayed at for a vacation rental. The owners were fantastic and so easy to work with. The best part of the trip is sitting on the outside deck in a rocking chair looking up and down the beach. The views are breathtaking.
Dwight P., Fayetteville, AR, 4.1.16
- Absolutely the best location near everything without driving. Easily handled our three generation family and the on site caretaker was a gem. Otherwise all of the other items listed above were above what we expected, and our booking agent Paige Peterson was great! Only (-) thing about VRA was the concierge service NEVER did get back to me about what to plan for our blank day 12 hours between checkout and our plane departure.
Gretchen K., White Bear Lake, MN, 3.31.16
- Hale Kohola was one of our best rental experiences ever. In fact, all of our rentals through HBR have been great. Getting back to Hale Kohola, Debbie Mitchell with MMS Maui Inc. was there to great us upon arrival. She was very thorough during her walk through and very helpful through out our stay as I had occasion to call her once or twice. The house itself was very unique in it's design. It was decorated beautifully and we enjoyed use and placement of a certain artist's work. The kitchen was fantastic and easy to use for several cooks at once. We liked "eating in" rather than "eating out". There were both an upstairs and a downstairs living areas plus lots of great out door spaces which allowed our party of 10 the space required to keep things peaceful. It was very apparent that the owners of this house had a keen appreciation for interior design. Plus there were sculpted whales hanging from the ceiling and other rooms. In my mind the best part of the house was the faux marble columns with interesting sculpted palm frond adornments. We were concerned before we got there about the distance from the beach but it turned out to be not a problem; Kahekilli beach was a short easy walk and there were at least 8 other fantastic beaches with in a 10 minute drive. The 7 points above were all met to the fullest. This house is a must rent for your next vacation. Tim Campbell, Calgary, Alberta, Canada March 31, 2016.
Timothy C., Calgary, AB, 3.31.16
- Where do I start? We did not have access to a review of the property when we rented so I was anxious about the property before we got there. We were very impressed by the property when we got there. we called the propery manager from the airport who gave us instructions on how to get in. The property manager met us within a few minutes but not before we got a ticket for parking on the road in front of the property as parking is very restricted in the neighbourhood. The house and grounds with the large pool in the yard were very clean. Everything is tastefully decorated. The beds are very comfortable and two of the bedrooms are air conditioned. The most awesome aspect of the property is the open covered lanai between the three buildings with one of the dinning areas, day beds and a large screen tv all overlooking the large pool. In the evenings the pool and garden are lit up making a magical view. The kitchen was very well equipped and the beds were very comfortable with high end bedding. If we did not want to hang out at the pool the beach was across the street and down a short lane way. Lanika beach is a pleasant half an hour stroll down to the end of the beach to the rocks that was not crowded even over a busy Easter weekend. It is rated one of the best beaches on Oahu for a good reason. We travelled to other beaches and did not find its equal. shopping is close in Kailua with all the usual grocery stores and shops. We can recommend Bookends as a great bookstore with awesome customer service! The short falls were that we are from a quiet part of the world so ear plugs were needed some nights due to neighbour noise and there are no curtains so I needed my eye patches as the sun is up at 6:00 am and we did not want to be. The best part was the pool in the backyard and being across the road from the beach a great location for ohau We would totally rent this propery again. It is a beautiful property that suited our family of four with two teenagers but would equally suit three couples.
Irena E., Calgary, AB, 3.30.16
- The Home itself was fine. They need a new coffee maker though. Also it would be fair to warn people that there are barking dogs in the neighborhood that bark all night. It was very annoying. The agent that booked me didn't say anything about that. She should have done her home work and told me about this. Also, when I arrived at the home, I had the incorrect instructions as to get into the home. This was not appreciated. There was no phone service, so I had to drive to get phone service and call the emergency number and get instructions to get into the home. Not cool!
Lori F., Bountiful, UT, 3.30.16
- When we entered we were met by the most stunning view out onto the garden and ocean. Every morning would wake up, see it again and again be gob smacked. The property was excellent. Only shortcoming was the lack of a third bathroom (although there is a third powder room/toilet). We spent many enjoyable hours in the large family/living room - stunning views. Kitchen was large, seating for eight, and well equiped. The pool and rear garden were where family spent most time. Small problem of empty BBQ gas bottle was quickly solved by Frank (thanks Mate!). Pool, garden and surrounds were unobtrusively maintained during our ten day stay. Easy walking to numerous great restaurants, shops and 'touristy' locations. I would NOT recommend it, because I don't everybody booking the times I want to come back !! My Thanks to Darla Hood for the fantastic assistance getting the booking arranged.
David H., Sandringham, VIC, 3.28.16
- We were very impressed with Serenity Beachfront Cottage. Loved the location. Four of us stayed there and it was the perfect size. It was clean. Comfortable. I would definitely recommend this house. I would most definitely rent this location again.
Sandra D., Lincoln Park, NJ, 3.28.16
- We felt Maui Sunset 302B is part of a wonderful complex. The maui sunset as a whole has great facilities. however the unit itself needed updating, it lacked a number of basic utensils in the kitchen, i.e.: knives for preparing food. As is we would not choose Maui sunset 302B again but would be happy to look for another unit in the complex.
Sarah A., Coldstream, BC, 3.28.16
- This was one of the best vacations our family has ever been on!!!! The house was perfect and I would not change anything. It was everything that we expected and more. There was a problem with the barbeque but someone was sent out right away and the problem was resolved. That was the only thing in the week that we were there that was not perfect. I would recommend this home to anyone and hopefully there will be a time when we can go back and stay again.
Judith P., Cypress, CA, 3.27.16
- Exceptional home. Steps from a great boogie boarding beach. Our family enjoyed the gourmet kitchen and upscale design of the home. We loved the wood and tile flooring and open house layout. The booking agents were friendly, helpful, and warm. This luxury home is close to Honolulu and the Polynesian Cultural Center (we loved this). We are planning a return visit!!! Mahalo!
Joy E., Las Vegas, NV, 3.27.16
- This is a lovely house with a fabulous location just a few minutes walk from a wonderful beach. The layout of the house is great with three very private bedrooms each with its own bathroom. The yard is great with a big lawn for kids to play on and a pool. The reason we can't give this house a 5 is due to the lack of upkeep. The kitchen is poorly stocked making it hard to cook food. There is no whisk, no spatula, no garlic press, no scissors, a lot of small things needed for cooking were missing. The dishwasher is an old machine that takes many tries before it starts, isn't attached inside the counter and wiggles around when opening and closing the door, and it's extremely noisy. One of the cabinet doors in the kitchen will not stay closed. It is a cabinet right next to the stove at the place were you stand when preparing the food, so the door keeps opening and bumping your head while cooking. Only one bulb out of three over the dining table is working. The lamp sits too high up making it impossible to change the bulbs. One of the main glass sliding doors is broken, making it very hard to open and close this door. The shower door in one of the bathrooms will not close, resulting in water spill into the bathroom every time someone showers. The pool pump was not working so we had to call and complain to get that fixed. The gate does not close automatically as stated. The wifi network name in the directory is wrong too.
Per T., Portland, OR, 3.24.16
- A hidden jewel in paradise!! If you want to enjoy island life, this is da place. Accommodations are 5 star and Misty provided real time updates throughout the process. Looking forward to return trips in the future. Aloha spirit is alive and well in Kaneohe!! Mahalo Tori & Misty...
Leo P., Chula Vista, CA, 3.22.16
- Absolutely the best location,accommodations and grounds we've ever had for a family vacation. Son's,daughters, spouses and grandchildren "loved' it. On the flight home my wife and I looked back over the week and came to the same conclusion - we're coming back! Only regret, I haven't used your company before. Thank you! P.S. The tropical 'guest house' and separate pool just made it all the more perfect.
Charles H., 3.20.16
- The Maui Sunset complex is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate, they have a great pool and wonderful ocean front access. The specific room 401A was a disappointment. It is very old and dated. There was rust in the bathtub, there is only the bare minimum for dishes and utensils. I don't think there have been any upgrades to this condo since it was built in the 1970s. The cupboards are showing serious wear and there is unfinished tile work in the kitchen. On a positive note, they did offer Netfix which was a nice surprise. I would highly recommend the Maui Sunset complex, but I would never recommend unit 401A. We had family staying in two other units at the Maui Sunset and those rooms were terrific. It is likely we would stay at the Maui Sunset again but in a different unit.
Franshesca H., 3.10.16
- GREAT location so close to the beach! The house was very clean and well appointed, especially the kitchen. We had several issues with things not working including the dishwasher and the upstairs shower had no hot water. Property manager was responsive to our text, but they had no one available to fix dishwasher for 3 days (after we checked out). The website claims they have a queen sized master bed but it is actually a double. My husband had to sleep on the couch because the bed was too small for two people. Need to add A/C to the upstairs bedroom as it is too hot to sleep upstairs (and this was in relatively cool March). Also, ALL the downstairs windows were opaque and covered by curtains so it felt very claustrophobic. Need some place for 4 people to eat meals together- maybe add a table out on the deck?
Greta M., Pacific Grove, CA, 3.10.16
- We loved the house, I wish I could give it 10 stars!! The neighborhood was quiet and private, the house was clean and supplied with everything we needed. It was wonderful to have our family all under one roof, as opposed to a hotel, and with enough beds and baths to serve all. The beach was amazing and so close, and we appreciate all the beach toys that were made available for our use. It was a short trip into town for anything we needed, it couldn't have been more convenient. We had a wonderful time with our adult children and grandchildren and I highly recommend this rental. Thank you!!
Laura N., Hillsboro, OR, 3.2.16
- Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Endless Summer Getaway. While its best attribute was its fairly central Kailua location, it is 2 houses away from a main road which generated persistent traffic noise. The neighbors were loud, dogs frequently barked, and this house was not the peaceful sanctuary that we had imagined. When we arrived, we were surprised to discover the house is behind a large gate, locked with a padlock, which must be locked and unlocked each time you want to enter or exit the property, due to the pool not being separately fenced in. Access to the house is perpetually inconvenient as you have to get out of your car, unlock the lock, roll the gates open, then pull your car in, roll the gates closed, then re-lock the padlock. There is not a man door so the same process must be used when going for a walk or bike ride. The house was clean but all of the outdoor garbage/recycling bins were full, in addition to 3 open bags of beer cans from the previous guests, that we were expected to take to the curb on "recycle day". I don't mind taking trash bins to the curb, but this task was disgusting and the overflowing garbage should have been removed by the cleaners prior to our arrival. We were not aware Endless Summer did not have air conditioning. Had we known, we would not have stayed here. It was terribly hot on days without trade winds and 2 of the 3 bedroom floor fans did not work, making our party of 4 very uncomfortable. We used the other fans continuously and kept the doors and windows open, in direct contradiction to Endless Summer's instructions which indicate that guests should close and lock all doors and windows prior to leaving each day. This made us concerned that the area wasn't safe and perhaps prone to break-ins, but after locking the doors and windows on the first day, we discovered that the house becomes 85 degrees and intolerable, especially without air conditioning available. We rejoiced the first day upon discovering a spa next to the pool. We were sorely disappointed when the property manager, Misty, told us the spa doesn't work and wasn't "advertised" as being an amenity of the rental. In that case, either repair it or fill it in with concrete! The good news: The coffee, snacks, and large bottle of water were a nice touch and much appreciated. It was nice having a stove rather than hot plate, and one of the reasons we chose this rental. We used the 2 good boogie boards, it was nice that those were available - however, the broken ones should be discarded. The bad news: No ice maker in the freezer and the refrigerator was not as cold as we expected. Time for an upgraded fridge? Insufficient toilet paper and paper towels to last us through our stay. We had to buy more. Received "reminders" to take out the trash/recycling on trash night, which made us feel like we were being spied on by the property manager. Several outlets in the bedrooms and kitchen did not work. Could not turn on the ceiling fan in the living room (closest to the pool) and have its light off at the same time. The remote for it did not work. The pool cleaner came during the day without our being notified. It would have been nice to know ahead of time when this person was scheduled, especially since we had doors and windows opened. Summary: All in all, I feel like we were duped into this rental. Everything looked great in the pictures, but the reality was less than ideal. The fact that the owner/property manager doesn't allow reviews or show the property's availability on HomeAway/VRBO should have been my red flag to avoid this rental. Candid reviews would have given me more information on what to actually expect but would likely be a kiss of death for this operation, which is probably why reviews aren't allowed. Unfortunately, for my family, the "good" didn't outweigh all the negatives/inconveniences that we encountered while staying at this vacation rental and we were left feeling a bit so
Emily B., Anchorage, AK, 3.2.16
- We were very happy with our stay at the Serenity Cottage. The home was exactly what we expected. There were no surprises and we were happy and comfortable. There were just 3 of us, 2 adults and one child. Plenty of space for us, but 4 adults would be pretty crowded. The location is the number one reason to stay here. Amazing access to a fantastic beach. With a small child in tow we could easily come and go from the beach multiple times a day. There were beach toys, chairs, and coolers available. It was an effortless way to spend our vacation, just playing and relaxing. The home is older, very classic Hawaiian in it's set up and appointments. However it was spotlessly clean and the beds and linens were good quality. The kitchen was well stocked and we were especially happy to have abundant supplies of things like soap, trash bags, and paper towels. The only quibble I have is that the BBQ is succumbing to the elements. One of the burners was rusted over and could not be lit. It will need to be replaced soon. That didn't stop us from grilling, it just meant only half of it was in use. We had a couple of issues come up while we were staying, and Misty, our contact, took care of them just fine. After staying in quite a few rental homes over the years in various locations around the world this is the best experience we have had. I would be delighted to stay here again, and will recommend it to my friends.
Ruth S., Seattle, WA, 2.29.16
- Excellent house. It was clean. Very nice kitchen. If you dont like noise, we do, you may be annoyed with the crashing of the waves that are not stop. Nice ocean view deck. This house was a gem with a reasonable price. Washer and dryer on side of house outside could have used a sensor light and area rug in living room was rolling up which created a tripping hazard, and bed in back side room was uncomfortable. Minor issues in our mind. We loved this house overall and we would definitely rent again without question.
Chris M., Regina, SK, 2.27.16
- This house was wonderful. The way the sliding glass and screen opened up to the outside was like expanding the living area into the patio. During the day we would keep all the doors open around the living room and kitchen, it became just one BIG outdoor area. Beautiful!!! Customer service was great! They busted their butt to get us this fabulous house. I would book this house again and I highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. Everyday we would either go to the beach or site see and just enjoyed coming home to a beautiful view. You will love the sunsets here.
Clarence A M., 2.26.16
- Had a wonderful stay ... everything was just lovely. Thank you!
Margot K., La Conner, WA, 2.24.16
- We had a wonderful stay! The condo was lovely, fully equipped with everything we could need. Loads of linens and towels, and hangers! Simple, but there are never enough hangers! Enjoyed the beach, made good use of the hot tub! Booking was easy and directions simple. Would definately book again! Thank you!
Karen B., Seattle, WA, 2.22.16
- Ka Hale Kaiola was as shown in the pictures- beautiful, clean and with incredible views and beach access. Unfortunately the noise fr the YMCA is a deal breaker. While the sounds of children playing is okay, the sound system/loud speaker is over the top. The man running the camp for the 3 day weekend talked constantly over the intercom. The Sat and Sunday night music and screaming was unbelievable. My agent said he'd never had anyone complain- hard to believe.
Hans K., Boulder, CO, 2.21.16
- We had a great time at the palace!! Very clean and accommodating! Only negative was that the mattresses were hard. Other than that it was perfect!! Also a big thank you to the owner for the welcome basket of goodies!!! We truly appreciate you for allowing us to stay in your home!! God bless!!!
Terri M., Athens, TX, 2.21.16
- We were a large group of 8 adults and 5 children. The house accommodated all of us beautifully. The grounds were well kept and the pool was great fun, although a little cloudy because the bag on the mechanism that cleans the bottom of the pool would get full of plaster that is chipping on the bottom and would be too heavy to continue doing it's job. We had to clean it out at least 3 times. Or maybe not enough chlorine being used? Starting with the first night through the fourth night a stomach bug passed through the majority of the group, sparing only 4 children an 2 adults. We thought it was very strange because we came from different parts of the country and did not all eat the same thing after we arrived. We felt it was wise to reclean all surfaces and doorknobs throughout the house. Since the house was closed up when we arrived and there was no smell of bleach, I have to wonder if they use bleach regularly when they clean the house. I'm not so sure I would recommend renting a house to my friends.
Wendy H., Camas, WA, 2.18.16
- We had a wonderful time staying at this rental. We recently stated for five days with our two young children and had a great experience. The house was perfect and had everything we could possibly have needed. The location was amazing! Only 120 steps from the beach. Misty was very helpful throughout the booking process and following up with us during our stay. We will definitely be returning here for our next trip to Hawaii. Thank you!
Shannon N., Kaneohe, HI, 2.17.16
- Loved every minute! Clean, good customer service, definitely want to return and will recommend to friends. Loved being able to walk in to Kailua. Beaches were beautiful.
Carl C., Aptos, CA, 2.15.16
- When doing the original booking of this property in Mar 2015 - Bronson Balles was fantastic. We have used his services multiple times and every time i've had nothing but outstanding service! The quality of the Aloha Villas was above our expectations and it was a perfect set up for our High Performance Swim Program.
Vancouver National Swim Centre C., Palo Alto, CA, 2.15.16
- We stayed here the first week of Feb. 2016. We were there with our 3 adult children (all over 30 yrs.) and our 2 1/2 year old grandson. It was one of our best vacations ever. We have always stayed in hotels when visiting Hawaii and found renting a house much more relaxing. The customer service was great and the property was very clean. The hot tub lost power on Super Bowl Sun. and we called property management that day. They had someone there on Mon. to fix it. We will definitely stay there again. Being right on the beach was so perfect when you have a toddler. Each bedroom is very private and the living spaces comfortable and roomy. We did a lot of cooking which is nice w/ a small child and there are great restaurants a short drive away in Hanalei.
Patricia H., Santa Ynez, CA, 2.14.16
- This house was really perfect for our family of 3. Adorable, comfortable, SO close to the beach and a few other shops/restaurants (but for downtown, you either drive or bike unless you want to take a long walk); really close to Lanikai and the Pillbox trail too. Kitchen had all that we needed, fans in every room were great & AC in bedrooms when needed; plenty of hot water. I loved the various patio/deck spaces, lined with lush palms. Couple of things to mention - front bedroom AC is LOUD but it does act as white noise for the noisy/busy street the house is on. Neighbors just started a roofing project when we were there, hopefully they are done soon! Freezer was leaking water in to fridge - not a big deal, just had to clean up a few times/day. TV worked just fine (we only used DVD player for child); plenty of seating and a nice supply of beach items plus a hose at the patio/property entry to get the sand off your feet. Really was a great house for us, will likely stay there again all the price point was at our high end. Worth it I think, for beach location, outdoor spaces, 2 bathrooms/showers, really functional kitchen, fans & nice decor! PM who met us was wonderful, Jackie. We also rented snorkel gear from nearby Kailua Beach Rental, super nice people, so use them for kayaks, beachwear, whatever!
Meredith C., Portland, OR, 2.12.16
- Overall quality: We were very satisfied with the rental. Location in Kihei was great. Loved the beach access. Furniture was very comfortable. Cleanliness was excellent. Outside common areas were clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing. Why a rating of 4 and not a 5 is because of the floor design i.e., the bedroom window is alongside a common corridor so one needs to keep the curtains closed for privacy. Even still, we would recommend staying at the Maui Sunset, and we would stay here again ourselves.
Norma M., Pinole, CA, 2.10.16
- The "Sea Shells beach house" if anything, is even better than advertised. After many different rentals in Hawaii we can say this was undeniably the best. Adding to our great experience was the absolute excellence of the management company on site. I wouldn't change a thing. We cannot wait to repeat the experience. Mahalo, Mark Cowett and family
Mark C., Bozeman, MT, 2.10.16
- I would definitely recommend Menehune Shores 320 as a great place to stay. We would book again and recommend it to friends. It is easy to access with a car and the location is central which allowed us to drive to many different locations on the island. Our rental unit was well equipped and the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms were perfect for 2 couples. We had a great view of the ocean and enjoyed many sunrises and sunsets. The booking agent was available by email or phone.
Louise C., New Norway, AB, 2.7.16
- We had a fantastic time at this lovely location. The house fit 3 couples and a baby extremely well. It was well stocked with all the kitchen items you might need. You will need to do your own food shopping but that is close and there are many choices. The yard is a very special place for everyone to enjoy, tons of room for the kids to roam. Boogie boards, sand chairs, kids beach toys, BBQ, Beach towels these are all included and in good shape. We enjoyed a lovely meal on the front covered patio as it was raining one night. It was super fun. Kapola was very professional and easy to work with. She saw we needed lighting in the living area and provided that for us. What more can I say.....this is Paradise!!!
Nancy S., Redmond, OR, 2.5.16
- Very nice rental and had a great experience. Owners very friendly and helpful during the stay.
Bradley B., Dayton, OR, 2.2.16
- This condo was nice to stay in. It was clean. A little disappointed the grill they have is 200 feet down the steep trail at the beach. So you need to carry all your charcoal and food and supplies down. Had a great time in Kauai.
Lorrie S., Dougherty, IA, 2.2.16
- Kepola (and her husband) were very attentive to our needs and made sure our visit to Lanikai was wonderful. The house is right on the water, and we were able to swim right out back when it wasn't high tide. There are rocks in the water but we wore "water shoes" and they worked fine. The house is not updated but is a good house for the beach area because you don't have to worry as much about being in wet bathing suits or dragging some sand into the house. It had all we needed for supplies in the kitchen and beach toys and towels. The pool is also a really nice amenity, although we swam in the ocean more of the time. We cooked in most nights and enjoyed the expansive view of the ocean. Kepola's husband even provided kayaks for us, right to the door (for an additional fee). Access to the beach is a few houses down the road, but very easy to get to. We even had my 92 year old mother-in-law with us and she uses a walker and got around the house just fine. One bedroom and bathroom have separate entrances from the main part of the house, but our son stayed in that room. We would definitely rent the house again, and it rained almost everyday while we were there!
Anne L., Centennial, CO, 1.31.16
- Our choice was governed by geography in the we needed a place in Kaneohe or Kailua. A burned out light in a key location was addressed within minutes. The mattress could be replaced and that would be very helpful to comfort. If one needs a place to stay in Kaneohe, I would recommend this place.
Charles R., West Linn, OR, 1.30.16
- This was a lovely, spacious, well-equipped house, with a private pool, nice garden, double garage, in a pleasant neighbourhood, handily located for Beaches, shops, restaurants and services. It could have been perfect, but the house next door but one was having roof replacement and excavation for a pool. This resulted in non-stop very disturbing noise throughout weekdays. The sound of jackhammers, nail guns and other power tools could not be escaped, even indoors. Not a pleasant vacation experience, especially with a two-year-old needing afternoon naps. I would not expect the house to be rented out in these circumstances, but perhaps the owners were unaware. Of much less importance, but a little disappointing, were finding on arrival that the drier still had linen in it, the dishwasher contained glasses with dried-on orange juice and plates with dried-on spinach (we could only guess what these were, but we had to re-wash most by hand in any event). The waste-basket in the master-bedroom toilet had not been emptied, and contained used tissues, etc. One of the sink taps could turn but not turn on water, and in the bathroom by the garage, part of the toilet seat was broken. Loose pebbles around the pool were a hazard for bare feet. These minor problems should be easily fixed, to provide a 5-star experience. Although Garden Island Rentals advertised availability at particular hours on weekends, they were not in the Koloa Office at 1030 Saturday, nor answering their telephone or returning calls on Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps the long weekend for Martin Luther King day affected this availability - we left on the Monday. The booking agent service was excellent, except for not knowing about the building site.
Brian H., Bowral, NSW, 1.19.16
- I rented Kaapuni Kainani for my family's visit this past week specifically because of the large lanai, giant yard, quiet/kid-friendly street and proximity to beach access. I cannot tell you enough how OBSESSED my family was with the home! Literally everything about it was just perfect! The kids (an 8 and 4-year-old and two 2-year-olds) were able to run and play and explore to their hearts content. If they wanted to hop over to the beach for a little while, it wasn't a huge mission (like it usually is with 4 kids!). Not to mention that the house had all the amenities of home, and more! Will DEFINITELY be staying here again!
Dana W., Kailua, HI, 1.19.16
- The condo was wonderful. Very clean, very well equipped, very beautiful view of the ocean. We would definitely rent this condo again. I also was very impressed with the customer service I received from the booking agent.
Leslie C., Portland, OR, 1.19.16
- The property was perfect for our family! The fences around the pool and sea wall made it safe for the young one, and Shane the property manager was so friendly and helpful. Bronson the agent helped us find this wonderful property, and we didn't want to leave! The sounds of the waves, swimming at Lanakai and Kailua beach, mountain and ocean views...perfect! The Moya family Bar Harbor , Maine
Frank M., Bar Harbor, ME, 1.16.16
- We really enjoyed staying at Keauhou Lani. Excellent accommodation, beautifully furnished, fabulous view and a very helpful support from the agent. Our family enjoyed snorkelling and the manta rays, and the visit to the volcano rim. We would fully recommend this accommodation to future vacationers.
Douglas B., 1.13.16
- The unit could easily be a 5 star. It needs the owners' TLC. They obviously do not visit regularly. As a consequence, they do not see issues like poor housekeeping, missing equipment, etc... The unit was very dirty when we arrived. We had to go on hands and knees to wash the floors. We had to get a professional to clean the rugs, a $80 charge. The TV is unacceptable! the DSL internet connection was very poor, and the TV package did not include the main channels like CNN in HD. Additionally, the HDMI ports would not work, preventing the ability to cast from our own devices. Plus no elevator for a month!
John M., Los Altos, CA, 1.11.16
- Loved the location! Sitting out and watching the waves and being able to see the Mokes and Flat Island is great. We could paddle out directly from the house to Flat Island. Traffic in Lanikai is getting bad, which makes leaving the house in late afternoon tricky. Recommend renting bicycles. Beach chairs/boogie boards/grill, etc. were great House had a lot of space. Property Manager was very attentive to any problem. We didn't have hot water in 2 showers and it was remedied within a day or 2. Kitchen could use a little updating, dishwasher was functional, but just barely. Need to have recycling can inside house. Would love to see a guest notebook giving house helpful hints about garbage/recycling/plumbing issues, etc. Also a place where guests can write their own experiences and recommendations. We will be back again! Thanks so much!
Carrie R., Greenwood Village, CO, 1.10.16
- Ko Olina penthouse 1404 is truly paradise. From the amazing amenities to the breathtaking views we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable week. This was our first time staying in Ko Olina and we know we found our new favorite home away from home. The community is wonderful, everything is within walking distance and the property offers so many options. From playing on the beach, to a family pool, to a quiet pool, everyone will find their perfect "space". The condo is lovely, the view is breathtaking, and it is just what we were looking for. We cannot wait to book our next visit with Ryan!
Kay M., 1.10.16
- Our family (7 adults) stayed for 8 nites at the lovely Kokokahi home. The location was perfect for visiting with our son who is stationed at the Marine Corps Base - just a few minutes to the beautiful Kailua Beach and town, and a great spot for heading to the North Shore, down to Honolulu and Waikaki or over to the east coast. The house was roomy, comfortable, clean, and had everything we needed! My only suggestion would be some brighter lighting in the living room - we enjoyed working on jigsaw puzzles (including some that were in the house) while chatting in the evenings but could have used better light! Otherwise, it was great location and home - thanks much!!
Deborah F., Pasadena, MD, 1.4.16
- Everything was as described, the house was spotless, the location was on a quiet cul de sac but only a short drive south to great beaches. House design was ideal for our family of 10 to spread out for quiet time at night but spend the day together in the common areas. One glitch on arrival (a circuit breaker had tripped for two of the air conditioning units) was literally fixed in minutes. Overall a 10 out of 10.
Neil H., Pittsford, NY, 1.4.16
- The location and the house are both amazing. Diane, the property manager, and her husband Tiger were especially helpful and lovely to work with. I would definitely recommend this rental to a friend.
Chloe F., Honolulu, HI, 1.4.16
- This is an exquisite house and land setting. The perimeter is very secure and you easily enter a relaxing and beautiful home and outdoor area. The living area is a wonderful mix of fine interior, outdoor covered patio, pool and the backyard area. The art is lovely and island appropriate. We spent most of our time inside the compound as the outside of Lani Kai is very busy... especially with President Obama in town!! Nevertheless, Lani Kai's magical beach is a few steps away across the street. We were glad NOT to be staying right on the beach. Would love to return to this restful and luxurious spot in the future.
Steve R., Seattle, WA, 1.4.16
- Beautiful house. Excellent location. Perfect place for a family to stay. I highly recommend.
Amy W., Toronto, ON, 1.4.16
- We stayed during Christmas and New Years. It was so sweet of them to put a tree up for us. A lot of nice Hawaiian touches throughout. Place was clean and well stocked. It was very roomy and can sleep a lot of people comfortably, although we only needed the 3 bedroom unit for 5 adults and one baby. I was surprised that the full-size kitchen didn't have an oven, but it did come with a microwave/convection oven combo and a large crock-pot which served us well as a replacement. Only drawback was, that the floor was dirty. It was swept clean, but the bottoms of our feet were black after walking on it for a little while. Would have been nice if it was mopped before we checked in. Other than that, I would definately recommend Makana's place and would rent it again. Great value!
Chris T., Bellevue, WA, 1.3.16
- We have rented a number of Villas and Houses, mostly in Europe and this was the finest we have experienced. The house is absolutely fantastic both in design and location. We were a family of 11 and cooked most of our meals. The kitchen was compleat in every detail. The Concierge, Thomas, booked us a fishing trip and Luau and both were memoral highlights. This was our 60th anniversary and we couldn't think of a better place to celebrate this event than the Kahana House.
Ken F., North Vancouver, BC, 1.2.16
- "Beach Walk" was the most pleasant vacation rental we have ever had! The house was well kept and had everything we needed! We loved the proximity to the beach and park, we took a stroll down the beach nearly every morning! Our host Jackie was very accommodating and helpful. She told us about the Thursday night market which was fantastic. We were able to buy fresh veggies from local farmers! Loved that! The traffic did get a little heavy as it got closer to Christmas and I had some concerns it might be noisy at night but by 8pm all was quiet. It was a great house and we plan to stay there again in the future!
Shea S., Kerrville, TX, 12.30.15
- We had a wonderful time staying Aloha Nalo. Our family of 16 was sharing a Christmas holiday--12 comfortably stayed there and 4 stayed down the street. The house is perfect, clean and well furnished and furbished. There are exquisite views from the entire front of the house which were enjoyed by all. Diane was readily accessible if we were to need her but we didn't. I highly recommend. Judy McDonald
Judy M., 12.27.15
- Great place to stay in Kailua. It's walkable to the beach (15-20mins), but we (and the owners) recommend driving as there was a lot of available parking early December when we were there and you could bring all your beach stuff. Kailua Beach is beautiful (we much preferred it over Waikiki) as is Lanikai Beach (went to see the sunrise). Stayed here for 4 nights for a double family vacation (8 adults). The property was great, clean and well-maintained. The beds were good; the cot was apparently not that comfortable, but my brother still slept on it for 4 nights, no complaints. There are only 2 bathrooms so we had to juggle the showering schedule to accommodate all of us and make sure there was hot water. The owners live in the house connected to the property and were friendly and accessible if we had questions. We made use of some of the beach equipment they provided as well as the BBQ and the outdoor patio space. There's a whole foods and smaller shops/restaurants within 5-min drive.
Gina W., Somerville, MA, 12.21.15
- We recently stayed at the "Collessie by the sea" and were more than pleased with the quality and cleanliness of the house. There were 5 adults and we had lots of room and felt we had our private get away with the way the house is set up. We plan on returning in the new year. The best part was late night swims in the gorgeous pool. The house is very central to shopping and restaurants and not far from the beach.
Debbie Marshal, 12.17.15
- A very spacious house, modestly furnished, but fittings and decor pretty tired. Clean and otherwise comfortable. Location was handy but not special. Good service from the agent
Graham F., Christchurch, CAN, 12.16.15
- The home was lovely, however the cleanliness had much to be desired. The floors and counters were kind of sticky. Had no problem living with our little green friends but there was poop everywhere and apparently the cockroaches out numbered them. One beds out of 5 was comfortable. We enjoyed the outdoors, the pool was great however the lounge chairs were not clean. All in all we had a Wonderful time and enjoyed great customer service. We would definitely recommend your services and the home. We are sad to be back home in the wet and cold. Thank you
Tracey C., Bremerton, WA, 12.13.15
- 5 stars!!! Extremely Private Location with an incredible view, simply outstanding. We just returned from paradise and wish we could still be there in your amazing home!! Word's cannot express how much we LOVED the home. The house is so much more than the pictures, it is beautifully decorated and very private. Needless to say we did NOT want to leave, we skipped a few beach days to just hang out by the pool. We spent most evenings on the lanai - BBQ, infinity edge pool, and beautiful sunsets every night! We had a front row seat to all of this amazing property! By far, the best equipped kitchen in any property we have EVER stayed in !!Top quality everything! Thank you!!Also, the outdoor grill and lanai were amazing. We will be coming back . . . SOON! Thank you for making our vacation the best ever!!
Mark M., 12.12.15
- We are former residents of Kailua and have family on Oahu that we visit multiple times per year. When visiting Oahu, we get a vacation rental in Kailua/Lanikai area. This was the best rental we have ever stayed at. We will definitely be returning!
David M., San Bernardino, CA, 12.7.15
- We had a wonderful time at Mahi Mahi Hale. There are 4 homes on this property with a small shared pool and hot tub. The owners live in one of the homes, and are so nice and very helpful with things to do in the area. I can't say enough nice things about the owner. We loved the fish pond filled with Koi, and the bay filled with large ocean fish that we could feed daily. The home we stayed in had 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. We had a great time, it was beautiful and quiet, and we loved staying out of the Honolulu noise. Thanks for a great stay!
Michelle S., Houston, TX, 12.6.15
- Can't imagine a more wonderful location or accommodation. Amenities are bountiful. We felt totally alone, only the natural sounds of the sea and the wind. A more perfect stay is doubtful . We will return to Puu Poa 305. Cheri and Denny Clow, San Antonio, TX
Dennis C., San Antonio, TX, 12.4.15
- I liked the layout with the two bedrooms separated. While the kitchen is updated the rest of the unit is quite dated. The beds are very old and uncomfortable. Also it was not as clean as I would have expected. There were clearly places where the vacuum had never reached. Also the lack of airconditioning in the living room made it uncomfortable at times. I love staying at Ekahi but would not stay at this unit again. On the plus side dealing with the rental agents was a pleasure and all done satisfactorily. There were a few maintenance issues that were dealt with promptly.
Wayne W., BLAINE, WA, 12.1.15
101 - 200 of 1635
Hawaii vacation reviews